[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grandma Goku is trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: grannygoku.jpg (4KB, 102x160px) Image search: [Google]
grannygoku.jpg
4KB, 102x160px
Why do people pretend she isn't?
>>
File: 1436245795130.jpg (18KB, 600x600px)
1436245795130.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>151968861
>>
Because you wouldn't fire an old woman from a job she's been doing half her life.
>>
>>151968861
Still better than Sean Schemmal, who's just a poor man's imitation of the Ocean Group's Goku.
>>
>>151968861
Well I gotten used to it already.
>>
>>151968861
She's a great voice actress but I just can't accept her as Goku because muh nostalgia
>>
Mario CastaƱeda is objectively the best goku
>>
>>151969170
>>151969109
>>151969080
Granny best and orignal Goku.

Other opinions are from normalfags and spics, and as such don't belong on this board.
>>
>>151969051
You do when she's fUCKING WRONG FOR THE PART
>>
>>151969228
Why.
Actually tell me why in ways other than "it's the original and Japanese is ALWAYS right"

How is she still fitting to voice a middle aged man and his two sons? and Also Bardock.
>>
>>151969450
"Japanese *casting"
>>
she was good for kid goku but I agree. I dont hate her because of what shes done for the anime industry. for fucksake she was the original kitaro from the 1968 GeGeGe no kitaro series. she will be cool forever
>>
>>151968861
You show Masako some fucking respect.
>>
>>151969940
No.
>>
>>151968861
Latin dub>SHIT>everything else.
>>
Every voice cast for Dragon Ball is shit.
>>
>>151969450
Because Toriyama wants it this way, the author is always right.
>>
I like a lot of the jap voices better but how am I supposed to take a screaming old woman seriously. Her voice is almost as terrible as arale's
>>
She was actually Mama Goku at first, not Granny. She was 49 when Dragon Ball first started.
>>
>>151968861

She's a fantastic VA you fucking faggot, show some god damn respect

I do think that they should have recast Goku after he aged enough, however.
>>
What is it with spic dub nostalgiafags lately? There are no other countries that worship their dubs this much.
>>
>>151970224
>show some respect to this cartoon voice
How does it feel to white knight for rich people in other countries
>>
Alright /a/, this sweet lady dies in 2017 to deathly cold carried by japanese trucks, who voices Goku now? Toei can't just can Dragon Ball anime forever now can they?
>>
>>151970389

Do you even know what she's voiced throughout her career? Do you understand the impact she had on the fucking industry?

Go back to fucking Mexico
>>
I like how she criticise today's VA while having no vocal range herself.
>>
>>151970391
They pick Miyuki Sawashiro obviously.
>>
>>151969450
Fine. You do it then. Do the manga and direct the anime too. I'll get the popcorn ready.
>>
>Dubfags coming out of the woodwork now that Super is getting dubbed
All I know is this, she's more or less Goku and has had thirty plus years of experience with the character. Meanwhile, Sean can't even make Black distinguishable from angry Goku. That's when you know she knows her character better than any other voice actor. Even her eventual replacement won't get it exact.
>>
>>151971043
So you couldn't bullshit a reason, got it
>>
>>151971060
>She's done it forever so she should keep doing it forever, no matter how unfitting it is.

A+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynEm0dsfzjA
>>
>>151971278
Read the rest of my post, idiot.
>Even her eventual replacement won't get it exact
Of course she isn't going to do it forever, but she still has the will and voice to do it, so why cast her aside?
>>
>>151969332
Toriyama said that's how goku sounds like moron
>>
File: get blacked.jpg (70KB, 1200x675px)
get blacked.jpg
70KB, 1200x675px
>>151968861 (OP)
yeah but grandma black is god tier
>>
>>151971425
Read the rest of my post, idiot.
>no matter how unfitting it is
>unfitting
>voice=/=fit
>>
>>151971184
I definately could, but why would I bother? It's just your opinion that she's shit. It's almost like you think the universe should cater to your autism. If your opinion is so valid and true, fly to Japan. Find toriyama. Fire him yourself since he, the creator of the thing you're complaining about is so shitty. Find obaa-san. Fire her too and take both of their jobs. When you do, fire krillins VA as well, so he can focus on one piece instead. I don't want his career ruined by your holy vision of what should and shouldn't be. I look forward to your superior voice acting and directing skills. And I genuinely hope you do so well, Miyazaki sucks your cock to the sound of Anno playing a flute.
>>
>>151970391
Arai. No one will ever tell the difference
>>
>>151968861
She sucked for a bit when she started working on Super but it didn't take her long to get back on the saddle. I think she's doing really fine job as Goku's VA, but obviously they should have cast different VA's for Gokus children and a different VA for adult Goku in Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>151970391
>the year is 2020
>tomokazu sugita now voices every character in every anime in all categories
>>
>>151968861
She's the ONLY voice of Goku. Goku has no other voice, nor will he ever.

If you're not listener to the Japanese Goku, you're listening to a different character.
>>
>>151970875
> no vocal range
> voices three different characters, each with a different voice
Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>151971817
Yeah but you can't deny she may die at some point mid-anime. They must have a substitute.
>>
>>151970139
Toriyama is a hack.
>>
I can't be the only that when sees a thread with an image of her thinks is about her death.
>>
>>151972196

It happens pretty often in anime. Kotono Mitsuishi's appendix got fucked up right before the recording of Sailor Moon's season 1 finale so they got Kae Araki to fill in for her in the meantime for seven episodes. Considering how rushed that show's production schedule was, it was no doubt done very shortly before the recording sessions.

Then you have Mr. Satan, all of Tomoko Kawakami's ongoing roles, etc.
>>
TFS VAs > all
>>
>>151968861
I don't understand why so many people get defensive over it.
Personally, I don't enjoy Masako as Goku as much as I do the english dub, but it's whatever.
I do think she does very well as Black Goku.
>>
>>151971785
You'll have to make an army of Sugita clones to support the industry.
>>
>>151968861
>watching/reading dragon ball past goku getting married
>>
>>151969170
>left-hand over right-hand

Can't even do the Kamehameha right.
>>
>>151971837
They all sound the same. Go check your ears.
>>
>>151969450
He's an Alien
>>
>>151973076

If only he had more hair so we could get his DNA.
>>
>>151971642
Maybe the only well-known person able to transform her voice into Granny Nosawa's right now.

Shintani Mayumi could also do the job, but it probably won't be as close.
>>
>>151972196
Dragon Ball should stop anyways
>>
>>151975054
How about you check yours
>>
>>151970917
>Miyuki Sawashiro
>as Goku
Okay I'd like to see that just to see how many laughs I can get out of that.
>>
>>151975559
>goku with lisp
Now that's comedy gold.
>>
>>151969170
Mario CastaƱeda is literally the best voice actor mankind have ever seen.
>>
>>151975676
Unless he somehow became a female sayian, I would not take that casting seriously.
>>
>>151971582
>Why bother
>writes a paragraph long insult instead
Not that guy but I think you have problems, anon
>>
>>151969080
>Ocean Group's Goku.
Which one? There's, like, 4 people who voiced Goku under OG. The only one that comes close to Schemmal is Morrow. But now he's going to be replaced by another actor for Kai: Ian Cox, the same guy that voiced english dub of Inu Yasha, which Morrow also played as Miroku for that same dub.
>>
Ara ara. You want to fight a old Saiyan like me?
>>
>>151970485
>Do you understand the impact she had on the fucking industry?
She's a VA jesus, any other person would have done the same.
>>
>>151976107
>Another English dub for Kai
Okay, seriously, what the hell. Why is there another English version of the same anime? Yeah, I know one is being marketed for Canada and the other is for the US, but why? Both countries speak English as their primary language. It's not the Canadian version is speaking French.
>>
>>151970389
I don't know how much Jap VAs are being paid, but I'm pretty sure it's not something you would call rich. Steve Blum even admits, that despite working in the industry for over three decades and voicing literally thousands of roles, he still doesn't make a lot. And he's considered a A-list actor and is famous in the industry, so he's probably earning more per-line than the average VA.
>>
>>151976799
It might not even be released. I live in Canada and we've had the Funimation dub of kai here for years.
>>
>>151976030
I'm on 4chan aren't I?
>>
>haven't seen Dragon Ball in years and years, even then only in English
>not invested in the series
>prefer original Japanese voices in general now
>catch a random episode of Super from Japanese livestream out of boredom

>characters sound fitting and fine, from Vegeta to Bulma to kid Trunks and Mai and whoever else
>all of a sudden Goku has a scene
>it's an old woman's voice
>like, not even altered or masked to make it sound different, it sounds like an old woman talking into a microphone

For someone with no real bias, it was just awkward and jarring to listen to. I have no issue with women voicing male characters, I've seen examples of it working perfectly well.

I have nothing against her but it was strange to watch. It doesn't surprise me that some may find an appeal in that though.
>>
>>151971278
They both sound like shit.
>>
>>151969170
Literalmente esto sucios ningens
>>
>>151971837
If Goku didn't have such a ridiculous accent all of her characters would sound exactly the same.
>>
>>151984145
She was better in the 80's and 90's. Her Black is fine though.
>>
>>151971579
>Unfitting
So you're one of those dub-only fags that think Sean is the definite version of the character. He doesn't even bother to try to portray Goku as the hick he is.
>>
>>151984145
>haven't seen The Simpsons in years and years, even then only in Spanish
>not invested in the series
>prefer original English voices in general now
>catch a random episode of a new series from a Fox livestream out of boredom

>characters sound fitting and fine, from Maggie to Lisa to Homer and Marge and whoever else
>all of a sudden Bart has a scene
>it's an old woman's voice
>like, not even altered or masked to make it sound different, it sounds like an old woman talking into a microphone

Goku is meant to be a fucking manchild alien, and his alien equivalent of balls never dropped.
>>
>>151968861
Anime fans are generally a bunch of cucks. Why do you think they love ntr so much?
>>
>>151968861
She is Goku
>>
>>151969170
Mi indio nopaludo.
>>
>>151970229
Same could be said about those wanking over the English dub in regards to dragon ball z.
also
>sticking up for dubs
>>
>>151970229
I'm not even Spanish, and I thought the spanish dub was best.
>>
>>151969170
fuck that piece of shit mario castrozo is just another rat spic that should be burned with gasolina making isis like a joke and you with him for caomparing it with goku fucking fag
>>
>>151969170
>>151975746
Fucking this.
>>
>>151987717
>>151969170
>>151975746

no fuck that little spic
>>
They should change Goku's VA after the timeskip.
>>
Listen Retards.
Japanese Goku is the first and best Goku and is a better person and voice actor than any of you fucktards. Go kill yourself, you disgusting, pathetic sadwipes. And learn fucking Japanese you piss artists. Sean Schemmel's Goku is a cheap imitation. Sorry not sorry. If you hate her so much, stop watching the sub you fucking morons. God this thread is fucking retarded and so are all of you.
>>
It's more important for Goku to sound like Goku then it is for him to sound like a middle-aged man.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.