[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion is still Confusing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: shot0001.jpg (119KB, 1440x1080px)
shot0001.jpg
119KB, 1440x1080px
Found this in a single frame of Ep 12 while rewatching. This would be human catalyst of the human/angel impact recipe by my assumption, considering it looks just like an Eva. But why does it look like it does? It has Eva restraints which shouldn't exist, and it's glowing.

Anyone have any idea as to what this is? As far as I know it's the only frame that shows the actual Eva / human thing. Why only one frame? What the fuck even is it? It's like a bastardization of the Children of Adam and Lilith. Is that what an actual "Impact" looks like?

Why is it only in like 1-3 frames?
>>
Reason would lead us to believe the whole idea about Evas, Lilith and Adam was not finalized.

But i refuse to believe it, i prefer inane theories.
>>
>>151936931
That is Adam waking up and going supernova after the Lance of Longinus contact experiment, i.e., moments before Second Impact.

It looks like an Eva because Evas are artificial clones of Adam.
>>
>>151936931
Wearing this kind of armor/restraint was probably fashionable at the time.
Or maybe they just wanted to emphasize the similarities between Adam end evas.
>>
>>151937388
*and
>>
>>151937015
Besides unit 1 right?
>>
>>151937618
Unit 01 is made from Lilith genetic material but it is still built in Adam's image.
>>
>>151937015
The face looks nothing like an Eva though, and why the armor, why the glowing?

The whole Eva = Adam thing is kind of a key plot point, It's even foreshadowed in episode two when 01's face armor gets damaged and Shinji sees his/01's reflection in the building. The armor actually being restraints is kind of a trope too, so they should have had that figured out by episode twelve at least. Also, the fact that it was shown so briefly leads me to believe it was essentially an easter egg, you really can only see it if you frame by frame it. So, it isn't just a matter of some artist making a mistake, SOME thought was put into it.

I can write off the armor as an inconsistency, or hopefully >>151937388
but why the face and the glowing?

Do we take the whole thing as a nonspecific nebulous comparison between Eva and Angels designed for the autistic otaku who record every episode and examine them to post fan-theories on the internet or whatever they had in 1995?

Either way, pretty neat.

Also, is that supposed to be an S2 engine?
>>
>>151937699
>The face looks nothing like an Eva though
Evas are not perfect clones of Adam.
>why the armor
It's just shaped like that.
>why the glowing?
IT'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH ENOUGH FORCE TO VAPORIZE A CONTINENT.
>Also, is that supposed to be an S2 engine?
Probably. It's unclear if Adam has an S2 engine, but since its progeny do, it may as well. It could even be the organ that makes S2 engines.
>>
>>151937739
>It's just shaped like that.
Cmon son
>IT'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH ENOUGH FORCE TO VAPORIZE A CONTINENT.

It didn't explode, it destroyed. Did you even watch the show? It went all wings and spooky screaming like when Instrumentality started. And I don't remember 01 glowing. A better argument is that it's just a perfect incarnation and, following with the theme of religious symbolism, glows.

That's what all the gold sunbursts in paintings indicate, divinity. Divine things glow.
>>
>>151937828
>Cmon son
To be fair, we've never seen a fully unarmored EVA. Their shoulder spikes may be a natural formation that is just armor-plated, rather than exclusively armor.
>It didn't explode, it destroyed. Did you even watch the show? It went all wings and spooky screaming like when Instrumentality started
Those wings were very glowy too. In short, this is seconds before all that shit went off with a bang.
>And I don't remember 01 glowing
Third Impact fundamentally has no real relationship at all with Second Impact, they are phenomenally different events with nearly no similarities at all. All Second Impact is, is Adam reacting negatively to Lilith's Lance of Longinus and self-destructing, taking Antarctica with it.
Third Impact is an artificial rewriting of the planet's biosphere from the unity of the Fruit of Life and the Fruit of Knowledge, causing the Chamber of Guf to tear open and get flooded with souls.
Any similarities between the two events is purely cosmetic, they are unrelated processes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.