[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /a/. I have a serious question here, absolutely no trolling,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ss+(2016-12-10+at+12.55.52).jpg (235KB, 1616x876px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-10+at+12.55.52).jpg
235KB, 1616x876px
Hey /a/. I have a serious question here, absolutely no trolling, I just want to hear the opinions from the experts about the anime/manga series in pic related. An acquaintance of mine claims that One Piece is like, the pinnacle of artistic canon and to me, a non-anime watcher (I've only watched like, Dragonball Z and a few episodes from some well known series) that seems completely ridiculous. I thought it was just some Naruto-tier "shonen" action oriented anime/manga with funny characters yet apparently it's the actual greatest story of all time?

Is One Piece legitimately a deep, intelligent and mature story like the person I'm arguing with claims it is?
>>
>vlc
>>
no, its shit and your friend is an idiot
>>
it all goes to shit after the timeskip.
>>
One Piece is one of the greatest MANGAS to ever be released.

Don't watch the shitty anime with shitty soundtrack,animation and VA. Read the damn manga. Then you'll come to appreciate it.
>>
>>151872602
>VLC
>taking a picture of the player
>non-anime watcher shounenfag
Fuck off.
>>
>>151872716
this.
>>
Yes, it is. Anime is still trash though.
>>
>>151872643

It's his screenshot, not mine.

>>151872663

He enjoys RWBY if that's an indication of anything.

>>151872724

Manga to me is synonmous with comic book. I think it's a waste of time to read such a childish medium when I could read a proper book.
>>
>>151872724
This.

I like the anime purely because of nostalgia reasons. I tried rewatching it recently, it moves far too slowly, not worth the time. Though I do love One Piece as a whole.
>>
I'd say the story is deep, but calling it intelligent, and mature would just be wanking it.
>>
>>151872789
kill yourself
>>
>>151872602
One Piece does a very good job of telling a story with a strong theme, and with every character that is introduced that theme is reinforced or challenged.

I wouldn't really call it deep or intelligent, because every story SHOULD have a theme that supports the story and motivates the characters' decisions, but that really is where series like Naruto, Bleach, and even Dragon Ball Z fail while One Piece succeeds in doing it and continues to do it.
>>
>>151872602
OP i got a better question.

Why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>151872602
>vlc
>like, like, like, like
>"shonen"
I applaud you for not using any buzzwords in your bait. 7/10, few people fell for it already.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.