[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which adaptation was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Which adaptation was better?
>>
OPM was great and managed to appeal to a wide range of people, but I have to go with Mob because of the creative liberty they had in going straight from the webcomic to the anime and the different effects they tried out
>>
As a animeonlyfag, that psychic one was much better since the teacher was by far the best character.

Both MCs are pretty boring but Reigen >>>Genos
>>
I haven't seen Mob, but Madhouse's OPM didn't capture the manga's comedic timing. Didn't giggle more than a couple of times even though the manga sends me into chucklefits.
>>
>>151776656
Mob was perfect.

OPM used Murata's artstyle which I find really unappealing and clearly not faithful to the original work.

A OPM animu based off the original webcomic with the same humor and weirdo goofball style would have been great, but instead we just got Murata's version, which is really cookiecutter and bland, aside from his obvious technical prowess, which is useless in an anime adaptation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnTP41LchI

Mob OP > OPM OP
>>
>>151776656

I have not watched OPM but it's hard to think that it would be just as good or better than Mob.
>>
>>151776656
OPM had better premise, animation and OST. Mob is OPM for fedora tipper angry because the later became too popular.
>>
>>151776864

That's pretty unfair since Mob OP > all OPs in the last year.
>>
File: 4ciVb0W.png (666KB, 827x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4ciVb0W.png
666KB, 827x1000px
>>151776819

this

but there was times in mob that also didn't capture the manga
>>
>>151776656
OPM was most faithful to the manga and did a great job overall. Mob Psycho went full cartoon network with the anime, I kinda see the point of what they were trying to do but they went over the line and killed the whole theme of the web comic, using the same damn track for every single fucking moment also killed the whole atmosphere of the anime, I really hope they fix it for the second season, the Mogami part must be really impactful, not an Adventure Time ripoff.
>>
>>151776887
This. Look at all these fags. Last year they were sucking OPM's dick and then it got popular.
>>
>>151778040
Worst post I've read all day.
>>
I liked OPM better personally for the action/comedy, but I love 100's story/message way more.
>>
Both are shows for autistic and have shitty writing.
People just eat this up because they like the Cinderella story of ONE.
>>
>>151778221
That's not true and you know it fagula
OPM's all over the goddamn place right now, you can watch it on Toonami and you can't go through one YouTube comments section without seeing Saitama as an avatar.
Not everyone who watches anime gets into the stories of the manga artists themselves, most just like good anime.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.