[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 19

Who would win?
>>
>>151757427
>one has MC powers and immortality
>one doesn't

take a fucking guess
>>
>>151757549
This about this.
If the death note worked on Lelouch would Light become immortal because He stole infinite years from Lelouch?
>>
>>151757652
Considering both of their greatest achievements, still Lelouch has an edge. If Lelouch really considered Light a threat he'd just drop a nuke on his city. Lelouch plays to win regardless of the consequences. Light always tried to ensure his own safety before everything.
>>
>>151757773
>Lelouch has an edge.

>gets punked by his father in s1
>gets punked by fucking Suzaku at the end of s1

>while Light, a fucking school kid was able to find out L's identity and get him killed

Intelligence wise Lights feats of memory recovery and taking all his suspicion off him and Misa was far more impressive than anything Lelouch pulled off. Especially when Lelouch could just brainwash people
>>
>>151757427
Does Light know him as vi britannia or lamperouge?
>>
>>151757773
>Lelouch would somehow find out the city Lights's in

And no, Lulu doesn't think like L so don't go thinking he would use the same method
>>
>>151757899
>gets punked by fucking Suzaku at the end of s1
Did you miss the entire point of the show.
>>
>Light has a method of murder that is LITERALLY untraceable.
>Still gets caught

LOL
>>
>>151758016
Are you forgetting how Suzaku was a constant problem for Lelouch for several damn episodes?

Light would never have had a problem of someone on that guys level
>>
>>151757773
Not really, Light wants to set events so that he can have bragging rights. Properly exploited, Lelouch could embarrass Light by playing with his pride and make him reveal himself.

Proof: how he revealed himself to Raye Penber, Naomi Misora, L and Near.

On the other hand Lelouch must expose himself and talks a lot. Light prefers working through proxies and is great at information gathering so he might be able to deduce Lelouch's identity if given the chance.
>>
>>151758079
>this meme again

The very first episode emphasises how large Lights ego was

When he suddenly gets a invincible kill tool and some random No.1 tried to challenge him of course he'd be baited
>>
>>151758147
This is Light's problem all along. He's a Walter White, he can't resist knowing there's someone that can rival him and he can't avoid a challenge.

He could have easily avoided all troubles by ignoring L's bait.
>>
>>151757701
Only shinigami inherit years from those they kill with their notes.
>>
>>151758113
>Not really

but he does though, during the arc he always was thinking of a back up plan and checking if there was a loop hole in his plan for L to exploit, even when Misa forgot L's name he knew using rem was an alternative option.
>>
One of them has the ability to mind control people to fanatically seek out and kill the other guy while it's specifically stated that the other guy's power can't do the exact same thing. Read up on the rules of the Death Note and you will realize just how gimped it is in the face of Lelouch's geass.

This is assuming they don't know each other's identities because then Light wins immediately.

>>151757899
We are shown how intelligent Light is, but we are mostly only told how intelligent Lelouch is, that I agree with.
>memory recovery
Lelouch does something similar to Mao on a whim while Light carefully planned it iirc. The thing about him losing all suspicion is bullshit, I could be wrong since I haven't read Death Note in many years.
>>
>>151758220
He killed L though and it was an enjoyable ride for him

Its the 2nd half fault for making Light retarded and actually trusting someone for the first time like what the fuck
>>
>>151758220
Right he's an incredible retard basically. Lelouch would certainly win.
>>
>>151758295
>The thing about him losing all suspicion is bullshit

He changed the death note rules to clear himself of all factual suspicion so when they found it off the fake user they were forced to take it as facts
>>
>>151758451
Right, never mind.
>>
>>151758437
He has an ego

He's not retarded though or else he would have been caught 2 episodes in
>>
File: zero in manga.jpg (325KB, 969x1400px) Image search: [Google]
zero in manga.jpg
325KB, 969x1400px
>>151757959
as ZERO .!
>>
Would light be able to kill S1 Dexter?
>>
Light is so stupid he was able to be caught with an anonymous killing device
L is far smarter and Lelouch is about as smart as L but with super powers, Lelouch wins this easily.
>>
>>151757773
lelouch also has two layers of false names with Zero and Lamperouge or whatever, so Light would have to find out his true name.
>>
>>151758268
Yeah but the problem is his motivation or end goal. He has the same flaw serial killers got, he must personally be there and reveal his identity to their face which can be exploited.
>>
This comes up as much as Goku vs Superman
>>
>>151758572
Jesus, it's been so long since I saw that. Dexter would never be able to find Light, but Light would eventually find Dexter.
>>
Lelouch would just use Geass, and make Light write his own name. Am I missing something?
>>
>>151758229
Then would a shinigami become immortal and never have to write a name again?
>>
>>151758768
I think we are assuming they are in separate places with knowledge of each others abilities as a starting point
>>
Light is too pussy to get the eyes, so if we assume Lelouch still goes by Lamperouge he should win.
>>
>>151758768
I don't think OP was proposing that they get dropped into an arena or something.

I guess the scenario would be predicated on them being totally opposed to each other, but not knowing the others true identity from the start.
>>
>>151758674
>L is far smarter

Nope, he made the wrong move getting Light close with him, i don't know how you can think Light isn't smarter despite having made better moves and is younger and didn't have as much experience he had in the force.

There's a reason why Light was considered his successor.

Lulu ain't as smart as them either, just like others said he was constantly punked in the show despite having brainwashing powers and had an entire army with him. Light was able to kill L because he was resolute towards his goal and didn't let family become an obstacle unlike Lulu who isn't as cold hearted, there's no way he would be able to come out on top if he was in Lights shoes.
>>
>>151758674
L had the police help him and he lacks the social abilities to succeed on his own. Light is a lot more rounded but is ruined by his arrogance.

Near was a lot more intelligent than them both too but he was also crippled by his antisocial behavior. Mello was the key to having Near succeed.
>>
>>151758717
Yeah but he needs to reveal his eye to use his geass. Light specializes in information retrieval and prefers working through other people. He could easily discern Lelouch's identity and kill him.
>>
>>151758079
This. And even if they could "caught him" he could just say that they don't have any proof of what he did.
>>
>>151758750
>he must personally be there and reveal his identity to their face which can be exploited.

This only ever happens when the person was already dying or when he was caught out. And referring to the former he was forced out of those situations.

Lights is content enough with Kira being some online cult that gains a massive following.

I don't know why you're trying to act like he just goes and shouts out his identity
>>
>>151758837
I really don't think distance matters, since Lelouch can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDuSUDlK2dc
>>
>>151758920
This. L had the police help him and Light managed to defeat all agents sent after him and manage to kill L without getting caught. It worked so well he managed to usurp L's place.

And Light is a lot more ruthless than Lelouch, he isn't above threatening or taking hostages which he could do to Lelouch's family. The opposite doesn't apply as Light is willing to let go of pawns if he figures they aren't worth saving.
>>
>>151759061
He didn't actually use his Geass on the world, baka.
>>
Early game Lulu, light wins
Late game Lulu, Lulu wins
>>
It would be easier for Light since lelouch isn't some autist who hides himself and communicates with extremely limited people
>>
>>151759042
>This only ever happens when the person was already dying or when he was caught out. And referring to the former he was forced out of those situations.
Which he does when he's facing an opponent he respects. Notice how he only does it with Penber, Misora, L and Near.

Lelouch can exploit this flaw, even more so as he has a Zero persona. Finding out Zero's identity and humiliating him is just to good to let it pass.

Now the question would be if Lelouch can figure that beforehand and exploit this flaw Light has. L managed to figure Light's arrogance since the beginning.
>>
>>151757427
What kind of set up are we talking about here? Is Light a student in Area 11 who finds a Death Note just as Lelouch begins his plan to rebel against the Holy Britannian Empire?
>>
>>151759023
That takes time, meanwhile it would work both ways on who is hunting who, and one mother fucker just needs one conversation to kill him.

Lelouch wins just by the account of the extra time and one time confrontation these tropes follow on.
>>
>>151759177
>Notice how he only does it with Penber, Misora, L

>people that were dying

And with near he was found out and they had the evidence recored too, he could do nothing but do a typical reveal.

Lelouch wouldn't be able to force him to such situations. He don't work for the police or is some agent so doesn't have the same resorurces as L.

Light only cared because he was baited by the Number one detective who was said to solve all his cases.

He wouldn't care about some cosplay looking guys opinion
>>
>>151758925
>Having the police help you is a better asset than having two otherworldly beings, anonymous killing power as well as a devoted follower with anonymous killing power.

In fact, having the law on his side was a negative for L. He knew Light was Kira but lacked the evidence to be able to convict him. He was playing a much harder game than ight was.
>>
>>151757427
Light have won since he made Lelouch cried.
>>
>>151757427
Lelouch is immortal so it's not even close
>>
>>151759378
Light had to maneuver around the police and find a way to kill L without drawing suspicion to himself.

Even if he could find L's name while being surrounded by people that already suspected of them, he had to find a way to divert their suspicion and improvise to find a way out. He also got in trouble due to Misa as he was very close to defeat when she was captured.

For all issues season 2 had, I think it was nice how each lost on a 1 vs 2. L lost to Light and Rem, and Light lost to Near and Mello.
>>
>>151759378
His job was to get evidence and convict him

Light was to continue doing what he does while avoiding getting found out and taking out L

Finding out L's name was just as hard. Rem and Misa is the one who got him locked up in the first place
>>
>>151759328
>lelouch would somehow find out who kira is

He's not a detective or on the force, he would not be able to do shit
>>
L was canonically smarter than Light
My money'd be on Light against Lelouch
>>
Lelouch already won by getting a third season.
>>
>>151757427
They would probably join forces. Light would start killing the Britannian agressors and leaders after the invasion of Japan.

Poor Lulu, no Area 11 resident, but an orphan at such a young age.
>>
>>151760826
Light would probably end up betraying Lelouch to follow his own megalomaniacal visions, though.
>>
>>151761021
>You will Obey Zero
>>
>>151758229
Irrelevant, whoever manages to kill an immortal inherits the Code.
>>
If Light knew Lelouch as Lelouch Lamperouge, Lulu's days are numbered. It wouldn't be horribly difficult to discern or at the very least guess who he may be. There is no negative in the Death Note to fucking up the name.

Light could just theorize it MIGHT be him and write down Lelouch vi Britannia as a test. Either it kills him or it doesn't. Additionally, if he wrote down Lelouch Lamperouge and it failed he would have far more reason to suspect he is in fact the prince.
>>
>>151761319
That's true, but do most people really know about all the princes and princesses? Especially someone like lelouch who 'died' before he could really come to the public.
>>
>>151757652
I'm out of the loop, is that really what they're going to use to justify him being alive? Because that's objectively wrong. After VV died, CC is the only one with the code, and since she's still alive, he can't have taken hers.
>>
>>151761719
Before Charles disappeared, he gave the code he took from VV to Lelouch.
>>
File: 144600084549.png (511KB, 477x541px) Image search: [Google]
144600084549.png
511KB, 477x541px
>>151761874
What the fuck?

I mean, it's at least PLAUSIBLE, but somehow manages to be even dumber.
>>
>tfw they stole the fan theories of ledouche getting the code just to make s3
>>
>>151762216
It's literally a show featuring immortality. Lelouch literally fulfilled all the requirements to get a code. It isn't exactly that far fetched. The ending was extremely open ended. I never understood the people who outright denied Lelouch could've survived.
>>
I forget, did Lelouch's manipulation of Euphemia ever get found out?

Because if it didn't then I'd say Lelouch would win.
>>
>>151762452
Is it true that the original Nip ending had lelouch as the cart driver shown at the end? I've seen the clip on youtube but kinda hard to believe when it's nowhere else.
>>
>>151757427
Depends, do Lelouch's commands, or the Death Note's included details take priority?
>>
>>151762014
It is almost fanon among fans and actually makes sense. Weird that you didn't know about it already
>>
>>151762940
I don't pay attention to fan theories on principle. The cart driver argument I dismissed for the reasons I already described, and I never heard about him getting it from Charles. Like I said, it's a better explanation in that it's not IMpossible, but given the fact that it was never hinted at in any way and wouldn't make sense in context for Charles to just give it to Lelouch (remember, he was trying to throttle him just before he was unmade from reality), it's still a dumb explanation.

Although I suppose there's really no way you CAN revive a series with such a neatly-tied-up ending without some pretty serious asspulls.
>>
>>151763097
CG is full of asspulls though
We don't know how Codes works so maybe it jumped on Lelouch all by itself, who knows.
>>
>>151761160
Don't go making up rules on your own, anon. Unless it was in one of the spinoffs, it was never stated exactly how taking Code works. It could just remove immortality but leave the subject alive in their current state.
>>
>>151763097
It wasn't intentional, iirc the theory goes that the Code was transferred from Charles' hand to Lelouch's neck because he was trying to strangle him as he died.
>>
>>151763205
That's SLIGHTLY better, but I really don't think there's a way to play this that won't come across as lazy writing.
>>
>>151763275
kek, who the fuck watches CG for good writing. As long as they make it believable enough and fun it's fine.
>>
>>151763275
There were a fair number of things the creators did in the anime that they really wouldn't have had to, had they not planned for Lulu to survive, or at least have a proper, sensible way to explain his survival.
>>
File: bZMv7I3.jpg (331KB, 1279x686px) Image search: [Google]
bZMv7I3.jpg
331KB, 1279x686px
>>151763275
I have a better screenshot compilation saved on my computer, but you'll have to make do with this.
Note the timestamps
>>
>>151759481
Light fucked by ever letting the police know that there's a Death Note

If he never did that, they and L would basically have *nothing* to do on. They wouldn't even be able to confirm that it's the work of humans, outside of rampant speculation
>>
File: mFU5ogJ.jpg (523KB, 1542x1653px) Image search: [Google]
mFU5ogJ.jpg
523KB, 1542x1653px
>>151763275
>>151763572
Never mind, found it
>>
Light is the better strategist and only lost due to someone else's nonsense so the story could end. Lelouch fumbled too much.

Light.
>>
>>151759023
Like Lelouch?
>>
>>151757427
Lelouch no contest but Light is honestly a better character.
>>
>>151765646
I feel the opposite. Light would win but Lelouch is a better character.
>>
>>151763750
That argument relies heavily on circular reasoning and cites examples that can just as easily mean something else.
>Lelouch fulfilled that promise by not dying in his assault on Damocles
>Lelouch wasn't isolated because over the course of the series, he still had people he was close to
>>
>>151757427
non of them. they would agree on ruling the world
>>
>>151757427
Lelouch always wins. Light was a loser.
>>
Does the Death Note work on a name change?
Does the Death Note work on a feral child who never got a name?
>>
>>151758844
He wasn't pussy. His goal required living as long as possible. If he could have somehow achieve the virtual immortality of the shinigamis, he would have. It was also a pride thing because he wanted to prove he could succeed without them.
>>151766451
Possibly, both want a better world. But their egos would clash and eventually result in the two turning on one another.
>>151766517
>Lelouch always wins.
Haha, Light always wins, and then he lost at the finish. Lelouch got his ass handed to him a number of times, but he won in the end. The end is what matters.
>>
>>151758506
The problem isn't that he's stupid, it's that he's a narcissistic compulsive genocidal asshole. Light went on a fucking murderspree the moment he laid hands on the Death Note, and made similar mistakes time and time again. He never did anything efficiently, because he was too obsessed with himself to notice that he was getting cornered until he had fallen into yet another avoidable trap. Reminds me of Ted Bundy in a way.

Lelouch is far more competent, and he gets bonus plot armor points for still hanging on to his sanity and morals to so some degree, and the only reason Light could win is because the Death Note is a bullshit power.
>>
>>151757427
Light would outsmart Lelouch.
>>
Light would kill that pussy in no time
>>
Lelouch. Light lost the moment he fell for L's "live broadcast" bait, and that wasn't even good bait
>>
Light constantly puts himself at risk despite having an untraceable magic murder tool because he's a retard while Lelouch tends to get his army to do shit for him. Light would probably do something stupid like sign up for the Black Knights to get closer to Zero then get manhandled, geassed and die.
>>
>>151757427
>Guy who lost in his story
vs
>Guy who won
Why do you normalfags come up with the dumbest powerlevel wanking threads?
>>
>>151767640
>Light went on a fucking murderspree the moment he laid hands on the Death Note
No, he got the book out of boredom and tried it out on a criminal to see if it was legit or just a joke. It worked but in order to see if it wasn't just a coincidence, he tried it out on another douchebag. Confirming it's real, he freaks out over the power, but then reasons he's always hated the injustice in the world ("the world is rotten") and he can carry the responsibility of using that evil power for a good cause and become a deity. And so the murder spree. His commitment transformed him into an evil motherfucker; without DN, he returns to a good boy who hates injustice, including murder.

Light was arrogant and found himself in trouble, but he had found his match in L, who could recognize and exploit his weaknesses, and he had confidence (given to over) he could get himself out of any jam. He and L had challenged each other and he was out of kill him.

Lelouch also kills people right after getting his power, including his own brother. He even smirks because geass is his wish come true. He now can fulfill his desires.
>Lelouch is far more competent
He almost gets caught by Cornelia in fucking episode 7 because of his arrogance, turns his little sister into a genocidal maniac by 'accident' after an entire arc showing the geass can go haywire, abandons his army because 'muh Nunnally' and gets caught. That's S1.
>Death Note is a bullshit power
The book with a ton of specific rules vs looking someone in the eye and making a command. By the end, Lelouch was outright turning people into slaves. Far more bullshit than a Death Note.
>>
It's irrelevant. Light is written as a genius but believable person. He doesn't play around things he doesn't know, and he lets the whole "godhood" thing get ahead of him several times throughout the story. Hey may have won, had he known from the start that he was against people like himself.

Lelouche is written by someone who wants to write a smart character without coming up with anything particularly clever. He pre-records entire conversations with two people (neither of whom are particularly dense and would be impossible to predict in a conversation), sways an entire fucking resistance movement without being particularly charismatic, and generally pulls random bullshit uses for his geass out of his ass.

It's like asking who'd win in a fight between Geralt and Goku.
>>
>>151757427
That would actually be a pretty interesting crossover.
>>
So let's say Lelouch is immortal and thus the Death Note does not work on him at all. Lelouch tends to be public enough that Light would notice something is fucked up when the Death Note acts weirdly with him.

So a lot of the battle would be between Light trying to corner Lelouch by taking out his pawns while Lelouch is going straight for the king and trying to force a checkmate early.
>>
>>151766079
I'll give you a better reason as to why Lulu is alive
R3
>>
>>151769154
Adding to this, there was risk in Death Note. If Light was outed as Kira and caught, he dies. The law would have hanged him if Ryuk wasn't just going to off him like he promised.

Lelouch finally got caught, and was brainwashed. Everything resets. Lelouch gets another chance. He gets chance after chance.

This is why outside some similarities between the two protagonists, the series can't be compared.
>>151768915
It was really good bait though. Light could not have guessed it was being broadcast in a specific region, because it was based on the assumption that Light's first murder was the guinea pig. L chose that unusual case of all the global murders Kira had committed. L was even willing to use a person as a decoy, which is a questionable act for someone on the law's side. Triggering Kira by calling him evil is lame but it worked like a charm, because L had guessed what sort of guy Kira was: someone like himself.

Still, it wasn't the worst thing for Light. More damaging was Kira's connection to the police. That's what practically lead L to Light's door.
>>
>>151758093
the only reason Lelouch had a problem with Suzaku was sentimental attachment. If he really wanted rid of him he'd have just killed the guy
>>
>>151763750
isnt he in the bag?
>>
>>151769417
>prerecords entire conversations with two people
with mao it'd be pretty easy to predict what he'd do since his attachment to C.C, and it still wasn't perfect, since he had that long pause in the middle of it and stuff. idk about schneizel though.
>sways entire movement without being charismatic
Uuuuh what. I'd say he was pretty charismatic as zero. He also, y'know... produced actual results.
>Random bullshit uses for his geass out of his ass
Not quite understanding you here.
>>
>>151771197
>Not quite understanding you here.
Boosting suzaku's physical abilities by telling him to live comes to mind. He also does that shit where he commands the giant soul pillar thing or whatever the fuck it was to screw with his dad and mother.
It was a long ass time ago, and the series isn't even up on CR, so I can't exactly refresh my memory right now, but I recall distinctly that a generous description of the rules surrounding his geass would be "extremely fucking flexible."
>I'd say he was pretty charismatic as zero.
He was an asshole. I remember that distinctly, because 14 year-old (15? who fucking knows) me loved him.

Is there anything about crunchyroll buying the license for the crap for season 3?
>>
>>151758506
The ego is a glaring weakness Lelouch can exploit.

And when push comes to shove, L choked at the finish line. Lelouch stuck with it even as he died.
>>
>>151759354
Lelouch is also a terrific speaker. He can sway the masses as needed.

L also doesn't deligate well. He wouldn't have a network of patsies set up to multitask. Unless L figured out Lelouch's ID early he'd quickly find himself outnumbered.
>>
>>151767640
Just because you think they were mistakes don't mean they are retard.

>light never did anything efficient

Ohh boy you clealry have a personal agenda against light since this is the biggest bullshit I've seen. The only reason he was able to get so far was because he was effecient.
>>
>>151770423
>sentimental attachment.

Something Light doesn't have. He was constantly allowing him to bug him.

>>151773745
But that's the problem, it isn't easy to abuse that weakness against light since he is a capable person, don't know why you'd think it would be as simple when lulu don't even know him.

>>151773942
In his universe, in a real setting like D/N that wouldn't pull off.
He wouldn't have the resources L had to discern the suspect was a in a specific area anyways
>>
>>151770666
nice boat
>>
>>151773745
Lelouch also has an ego and is given to sentimentality, which Light can exploit. His fixation with his sister is a handicap, to speak nothing of his other loved ones. He had quite a few "I don't know if I can go on" moments.

The problem is Light will know what's going on and try to cover himself. But at the same time he's a predator and will be plotting how to corner his opponent and go for the kill.
>>
If Light knew Lelouch's name then obviously Light would win. If not, Lelouch would. Light can't figure out Lelouch's power and the closest he could get would be "wow this guy is really charismatic." Lelouch, on the other hand, could assume that Light has some geass that could kill with a name.

Especially if Lelouch is under the guise as Zero, Lelouch would win.
>>
>>151774816
I don't know, it's not too far-fetched to deduce the opponent has some hypnotic ability if signs point to it. Viletta figured that one out as a victim.

This whole thing is silly because I don't see how either would be able to find their way to one another, especially with no clue of the other's ability. Lelouch might do something crazy but Light won't. Lelouch doesn't have L's resources at his disposal. Light was able to off L and he was more ironclad that Lelouch ever was, because Light had the tools. Could Light get his right name from some other source somehow? Don't know, it's all imagination.
>>
>>151775939
Light could trick Lelouch's connections, or use the video feed to gather clues about Lelouch's identity.

He isn't above doing something like taking Nunally hostage and getting the information from her.
>>
File: giphy.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>151757427
>One literally only lost due to the foolish mistake of one of his followers
>The other has been shown to be an utter dumbass on numerous occasions and lost everything due to his own negligence

Gee I wonder who would win?
>>
>>151757427
Both are pretty intelligent and have large egos that can be manipulated. But their powers are a uniquely bad match up for Light.

Light has the power to kill from a distance, but he needs a name and face to do it. He can manipulate behavior just before death in a way that might help him find Lelouch, but it's limited to what a person could reasonably do.

Zero vs. Light is also a bad match up for him because the identity and mask of Zero means tracking down enough information to us the DN on Lelouch is a lot harder. Even if Light can deduce that it's the exiled Britannian prince behind the mask, he needs a face, and Lelouch hasn't had a public appearance in years. I don't recall if you can visualize a person's face at a different age but needing the person's face at the time of death seems like just the kind of bullshit stipulation a DN would have. Meanwhile his closest associate also has a secret name on top of being immortal and is thus probably immune to DN shenanigans.

On top of that, Light needs to have someone die if he wants to manipulate their behavior in a way that helps him get information or draw out his target. That draws attention and scrutiny to the event. Meanwhile, Lelouch's Geass is much more versatile for the type of cat-and-mouse game that goes on in DN. Suspect Kira might be in the Yagami household? Geass papa to report back if anything even remotely suspicious goes on. Don't do anything unusual otherwise. Think Kira might be getting close to some random goth girl? Geass her to override all other priorities and kill Kira if he should ever reveal himself to her.

They're both talented and have incredible powers, but for a one-on-one game of elimination Lelouch has the edge in terms of useful abilities. It would probably go to him.
>>
>>151777320
>Suspect Kira might be in the Yagami household?

And how will he have access to information like this?
>>
>>151777492
It honestly depends on the setup. L had a hunch due to suspected leaks in the task force's records, but Lelouch may or may not be in a position to uncover that. It depends on if Lelouch takes L's place or there's some other plot setup.

The specifics don't matter anyways, the point was just to illustrate that Lelouch's powers are more versatile in terms of tracking people down. He can do more things with it in ways that aren't as easily detectable. Light's powers are more suited to widespread killing and large scale change, but the question was who would win against each other, not who would be more successful at achieving their larger goals. As long as Light doesn't have a supergenius tracking him down he can act with impunity, whereas Lelouch can't enact the change he wants without going to war and risking losing.
>>
>>151776838
I was thinking that, of course there would be a long series of events to lead to that. We're assuming they're both in a DN-like universe and in a city? I think Lelouch will be the one to try something risky but it may cost him.

Well, it would make an interesting story if the specifications are down and fanboyism doesn't get in the way.
>>
File: question factors.jpg (34KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
question factors.jpg
34KB, 425x340px
>>151757427
If they were both in hiding I don't think either would win. Lelouch is extremely adept at hiding his identity, and Light won't have the resources he had against L. Light is completely anonymous, and Lelouch is not anywhere near as good of an investigator as L.
>>
>>151777743
>takes L's place

No because he's not L. The question is if lulu was just a seperate threat in the universe that wanted to kill Light. You can't just give him eveything L has.

And how isn't Lights ability not suited to individual killings? He doesn't have to go widespread with it if he wanted to. He could be a literal hitman and off just certain targets.
>>
>put suzaku's name in the death note
>have him reveal zero's identity before he commits sudoku
>win
>>
>>151779813
How would Light know that Suzaku is related to Zero in any way
>>
>>151780043
>Knight of Zero
Assuming it gets that far anyway. It's a wait game.
>>
>>151779813
>>151780043
Actually I forgot about Suzaku's Geass order to live. I wonder how that would interact with the Death Note.
>>
>>151759061
>JYB
Could they have found a worse VA for lelouch? He's got a deep, booming voice that commands respect. Zero wouldn't have gotten anywhere sounding like a pubescent teen, even if he is one.
>>
Light
>constantly needs to be active and pick targets off daily
>requires police database access, narrowing down suspects
>limited manipulation
>autistic, asspull levels of keikaku

LL
>can choose to go into hiding and not act openly
>linked to a particular group, narrowing down suspects
>unlimited manipulation
>checkmate levels of keikaku
>living with a false name as is

Tough choice amigo
>>
>>151780560
>constantly needs to be active and pick targets off daily
Assuming he's focused on a specific individual, not really.
>can choose to go into hiding and not act openly
Good luck finding an invisible man.
>linked to a particular group, narrowing down suspects
?
>checkmate levels of keikaku
Less autism, more bullshit.
>>
>>151757427
Me, by not watching
>>
>>151757427
L
>>
>>151757427
lol bitchboi on the bottom already crying
>>
>>151780560
Dude i only watched the first ptwo episode of CG and the battle that was supposed to show Lelouch intelligence was already full of asspuls and plot armor.
>>
reminder that someone from straight outta compton is playing a Japanese neet genius detective in the new death note movie.
>>
>>151759026
>implying they wouldn't deal with him illegally
>>
How is this even a question?

Take away all their powers. Take away the Death Note. Take away the Geass. Take away their support. Take away everything. You know what's left? A winner and a loser. Lelouch won. He fucking won. He conquered the world. He got everything he wanted. He blew everyone the fuck out:

>his dad
>his brother
>the black knights

everyone. He destroyed them all and became God Emperor of Earth. And what did Light do again? He got BTFO by a pair of shotas.
>>
>>151782949
Sounds fun.

Granted, I'm not really attached to Death Note as a franchise, but if they're going to Americanize might as well do it full force.
>>
>>151782949
I thought L was a brit.
>>
>>151780560
Light has never asspulled anything

Lelouch's keikaku amounts to beating someone in chess
>>
File: 1475980214106.png (10KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1475980214106.png
10KB, 221x228px
yeah Lelouch would easily win this one.

>Light deduces who Lelouch is
>"Lelouch Lamperouge", he writes into his book
>Lelouch appears on Light's computer screen
>"Heh... it looks like you've figured out my identity"
>"I-Impossible! You should be dead!"
>"You really are an easy read... I've been hiding under an alias for half my life"
>Lelouch teleports behind him
>"Nothing personnel, kid. Now die!"
>>
>>151783055
Yeah, but also part Nipponese, French and Russian, I believe.
>>
>>151780398
He does sound like that though

That was the only role Jyb ever sounded commanding and not like that jap faggot who sounds like a edgelord
>>
Light would fuck that skinny chicken leg man in a fistfight though
>>
Why did Death Note go to shit after L died? They should have just let Light win, rather than introducing a Gary Stu that no one cared about.
>>
Without asspulls Light win because smarter than Lelouch.
>>
Light easily. Lelouch's analytical skills are highly overrated. He uses his geass as a crutch for most of the series and still manages to fuck up a whole bunch even with such a massively overpowered ability
>>
>>151757427
If they didn't know each other, chances are Light would win due to his intelligence.

Lelouch has geass to overpower in direct conflict, however nothing much. I would not trust his "intelligence" much on life/death matter.
>>
File: 1471984526810.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471984526810.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>Lelouch had his Zero helmet stolen by a fucking cat and spends an entire day chasing it around like a retard
>People actually think he's smarter than Light
>>
Well, to be honest, it'd be easier to imagine which one I would have an easier time beating, and I think I'd rather take on Light than Lelouch. More of a gut feeling than anything, but I am pretty sure I have better odds of beating Kira.
>>
>>151783560
>Light figures out that he is being followed by the FBI after fuck up after fuck up lead them to narrow it down to twelve people in the whole world.
>kills the FBI agent that was just going to leave him alone in a day anyway

That's exactly what Kira would fucking do you idiot! You want them to think you aren't kira!
>>
>>151783566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNa8xnVSQfg

Light punched someone and they flew like few feets away.

Meanwhile I can't imaginge Ruruche doing the same, in fact I can imagine someone punching him and him flying like a rag due to how thin he is.
>>
File: images-138.jpg (22KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-138.jpg
22KB, 443x332px
Lelouche and Light vs this nigga
Who wins
>>
>>151783692
Add Kid stealing the death note and I'm in.
>>
>>151783606
You do realise by Light killing all the FBI agents who came to japan he was making a clear statement that he can take out anyone and sending people was useless right? Do you remember how many people left the case after finding out?

Also killing that agent didn't bait him out, the guy wasn't only stalking light you know.
>>
>>151783670
Lelouch likely carries a gun around, so moot point
>>
File: 4300937644139748625.jpg (39KB, 478x271px) Image search: [Google]
4300937644139748625.jpg
39KB, 478x271px
>>151783670
rurushu has the leg strength to jump some 30 or 40 feet and spin in midair

tell me you'd rather be attacked by this guy than light
>>
Obligatory post

https://youtu.be/l-Q8Vhk5Qjc
>>
>>151783758
He probably weighs like 20 LB, so it should be natural that he can jump high. It further proves my point. If you punch lelouch, he'll fly away like 50 feet due to how light he is.

>>151783753
The original post in reply was discussing "who can you beat up" aka fist fights. If its not limited to fist fights, Lelouch has Knightmare frame and Light has Death note that will kill you. Guns are the least of your worries.
>>
If Light know Lelouch's name or face, Light will win
If they meet directly, Lelouch will win because he will say faster
If they don't meet directly and just know ability of the other, it's really hard to know because if one of them won't use the ability, they can't know who the hell is their opponent and the fight may last forever (in DN and CG their power were revelaed just because they must use them to achieve their desires)
If they know ability and face of each other through a drawing, Lelouch have more chance because he can manipulate many people to help him
Anyway, I'm not sure about who is more intelligent, but Geass is clearly stronger than Death Note, especially when they usually act secretly, so Lelouch have more advantage
>>
>>151757427
Lelouch won, Righto didn't
>>
>>151779813
you can't use the DN like that, it would simply kill suzaku in 30 seconds
>>
+1 for Light
Lelouch is a great leader, but his most of his miracles are asspulls
>>
>>151758750
Bull shit. He wants Mello killed while he's not even able to see his face.
>>
>>151757427
> hur dur lelouch won so he win xD
Are people on /a/ that retarded?
Light is more inteligent than Lelouch
>>
>>151784335
Only reason Light beat L was because L deliberately handicapped himself with cop rules. Lelouch would wreck Light.
>>
Light is a pussy who will murder but is not ready to be murdered.
>>
File: no one is prepared.png (29KB, 429x239px) Image search: [Google]
no one is prepared.png
29KB, 429x239px
>>151784465
L didn't handicap himself, he was always bending/breaking cop rules. How many times did people complain about his methods? His autism notwithstanding, he was never going to do anything totally outrageous, that's a given.

His was a detective's pride. 100% proof or it's not a win.
>>151784524
That's just chuuni talk.
>>
>>151784814
Herp a derp lerp, getting proof beyond a reasonable doubt is exactly what the fucking pigs are supposed to do.
>>
>>151784837
Hurr dee durr, not all police are the same. L did or wanted to do things that would break the law. That's why the fucking cops would bitch at him.
>>
File: 1478106472020.gif (966KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478106472020.gif
966KB, 444x272px
>>151759061
The speeches were the greatest part of Code Geass for me.
>>
File: 1481818389348.jpg (54KB, 610x413px) Image search: [Google]
1481818389348.jpg
54KB, 610x413px
>>151783169
>Light has never asspulled anything
>>
>>151784893
Name one rule L broke
>>
>>151784947
Name one
>>
>>151784920
Name one good speech
>>
le name one xD
>>
File: death-note-90440.jpg (160KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
death-note-90440.jpg
160KB, 800x1170px
>>151784998
Carrying an illegal firearm.
>>
>>151785221
That answer was an asspull.
>>
>>151759160
>It would be easier for Light since lelouch isn't some autist who hides himself and communicates with extremely limited people
That's exactly what he did in the first season
>>
>>151785035
>Zero's debute speech at the hotel
>Charles' speech of Evolution
>Lelouch's Emperor win speech
And those are just my favorites
>>
>>151783758
It's a fucking meido in disguise you moron.
>>
How is DN animu anyway? I've only read the manga.
>>
>>151785275
Nigga lelouch actually has friends though and talks to people at school

L literally hid himself and only talked to his servant and the task force due to the situation
>>
>>151757549
geass fags always say he's immortal
>>
>>151759616
lelouch not brainwashing someone to do the field work for him, or ignoring the fact lelouch prepares all these elaborate plans as a puppeteer in advance.

Face it, Light doesn't know LuLu's real Britanian name, and then you would have to consider from the start the Zero persona. If it comes down to who can find the other faster, LuLu would win. This is in day 1, and if they went at each other at their best version, LuLu comes back from the fucking dead.

Then you'll see Light cry like a little bitch again.
>>
>>151759418
lol were the duck did you got that idea
>>
>>151757427
Lelouch would die before he knew there was someone that could kill with a death note.

Stop fooling yourselves.
>>
>>151784093
Why? It is not impoosible for Suzak to reveal Zero's identity
>>
File: 294px-Reinhard_8.jpg (53KB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
294px-Reinhard_8.jpg
53KB, 294x220px
>>151757427
Him
>>
>>151757427
Let's say we can include their closest companions as well. CC for Lelouch and Misa for Light.

Then who would win?
>>
>>151757427
why is lulu crying ?
>>
>>151792306
I believe this is the part where he realizes that Marianne didn't actually give a fuck about him or, most importantly, Nunally. It's right before he orders them to fucking stop existing.
>>
>>151792306
thinkgen of imouto
>>
>>151779470
>And how isn't Lights ability not suited to individual killings?

Because he needs a name and face, a stipulation Lelouch doesn't have. And while killing is the end objective, the vast majority of the cat-and-mouse game is maneuvering and information gathering. Lelouch not only can kill with his power but he can also use it exclusively for fishing out information, creating dummy targets, having people observe for him without needing to compromise his personal info, the list is endless. Light can kill en masse but that's all he can do. His ability to manipulate behavior in a target is limited and short-lived, and he needs more prep work to use it then Lelouch does.

Killing on a mass scale is easier for light, but if it's a one-on-one hunting game Geass is more versatile for the kind of tasks needed.
>>
>>151776868
>one lost because one of his followers fucker up once
>the other accomplished his goals contrarily to getting betrayed by his own men, and he even made his nemesis side with him at the end
>>
>>151759112
Kind of retarded how killing the agent's spying on him didn't put more suspicion on him
>>
>>151761719
>>151762014
>>151763097
>>151763275
Let's see this from CC's perspective.
I don't think she wanted to let Lelouch dead since she wanted to Lelouch to fulfill the contract so she could die in peace. If Lelouch's plan was to kill himself then she wouldn't let him to do that, but if Lelouch got code I bet she would think "at least we can enjoy suffer from immortality together."
>>
>>151759112
Lelouch had an army of brainwashed slaves he was sacrificing to the nukes in the hundreds od thousands by the end, he was plenty ruthless.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.