[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate This Season so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: ajin.jpg (337KB, 921x811px) Image search: [Google]
ajin.jpg
337KB, 921x811px
Pretty shit season overall.

God tier:
Gintama (2017)

Great tier:
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon
Seiren

Good tier:
Gabriel DropOut
Hand Shakers
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
Kuzu no Honkai
Masamune-kun no Revenge

Meh tier:
BanG Dream!
Idol Jihen
Little Witch Academia
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-Bu
SCHOOLGIRL STRIKERS Animation Channel
Urara Meirochou

Shit tier:
ACCA
Fuuka
SPIRITPACT
Youjo Senki

Dropped tier:
AKIBA' S TRIP: THE ANIMATION
Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
Chaos;Child
>>
I enjoy this post-ironic humour.
>>
>>151755294
>newfags that dont know source material and info about shows to be airing that needs to actually watch to judge how good it`ll be thinking its humor thread
>>
>>151755253
There are many continuations next season and they are generally excempt from list unless it completely new season after years like Gintama or Ao Exorcist
>>
>>151755539
Is this even english? I honestly can't tell.
>>
>>151755999
You dont need to tell. Its not like you have anything worth to reply, given you are newfag with no degree of expertise required to participate in this thread.
>>
>>151756137
Edgy. Careful not to cut yourself anon.
>accusing others of being new without any reason or proof
Stop trying to fit in so hard and lurk for a year before posting.
>>
>>151755097
>God tier
>Gintama
MAL is the other way, kid.
>>
>>151756361
Gintama is god tier pretty much every season it aired (aside from first, it had weak begining).

MAL for whatever reason rating it as show of the century does not change the fact that it was always popular on /a/, newfag. No we dont hate "popular" stuff. If /a/ hates your favorite show, its because its shit.
>>
>>151755539
Implying there haven't been countless times a studio took good source material and churned out utter shit.
>>
>randomly arranged list of shows
>majority of them either didn't air their first episode yet, or are anime-original
Bait thread. Report and ignore.
>>
>>151756643
This season there is no anime with real good material, and based on PVs quality of everything will not be outstanding either.

The only show still having small chance of delivering more than expected is Hand Shakers, though chances for opposite ar ehigher.

The rest are pretty straightforward and given studios/pv will be made even under the level of what source material deserves.

There will be some Popular shows, but very little good shows. Even the Demi-chan and Seiren that are listed great tier are only there because one has actually nice source and other is guaranteed to be popular - execution for both are expected to be lacking though.

Similarly Gabriel DropOut is just a filler Dogokobo show with meh source. Kuzu no Honkai will not live up to manga. Masamune-kun revenge looks cheap, but least should be fun.

And so on. Yaoi no Exorcist can turn actually good, but given its fujoshit, its a waste.
>>
>>151756738
>randomly
Dont project your ignorance, please. If you are on /a/ you should have at very least read manga/know source material for 90% of shows listed, history of previous franchize, watched PV, know studios involved and able to tell how good which show will turn easily given all available factors - excluding original shows, though they can be evaluated as well.
>>
>>151756929
For example "Seiren" is "original" show. Except.. its spiritual successor to Amagami SS, a show very popular on /a/ when it aired, and that already had an attempt to make show of the same type with Photokano which wasnt bad either, though not as successful.

Seiren returns to Amagami formula and promises exactly what original did. The PV show good animation quality and character designs, so its safe to expect a major success, or at very least an enjoyable show if it falls in some aspects, story for example (which is hard given Ombibus format, so everyone will find ark they like).

Similary other "original" show is GoHands Handshakers - which visually is pretty much [K], but now improved by replacing all the fujioshi bait with loli bait, while maintaining same quality of visuals and animation, emulating even its soundtrack: so will be a show worthy of watching regardless of even if the story will turn into complete trainwreck.

LWA on other hand in TV format will not have same quality of animation as OAV and Movies, as well likely to become boring given full season story length instead of short concentrated action. Expect unneeded fillers, heavy fisted drama episodes and shortcuted animation.

I dont even want to start on other "originals" like AkibaStrip, Strikers or BanG which are just cheap attempt to promote video games/mobage. (BanG might actually be watchable, but its far from IMAS/LL tier)
>>
>>151756552
Literally a MAL kid argument. When winter vacation is ending?
>>
>>151757315
lurk more before posting
>>
>>151756929
>good source material/franchise guarantees a good anime adaptation
It doesn't.
>if the pv looks good, that means the show itself is going to be good as well
It doesn't.

You are the ignorant one.
There are a lot of shitty anime adaptations of good/great source material. My hopes and dreams of finally getting to see a manga/LN that I like get animated have been crushed countless times by a garbage adaptations. Did that never happen to you?

Also, PV can be very misleading. It doesn't tell you anything about character development, overall story and all that good stuff. You just get to see a very short and specifically chosen parts of animation with no guarantee that the rest of show is going to look just as smooth.

Sure, a famous name listed as a director is enough to get your hopes up, but it still in no way guarantees the adaptation to be a success.
>>
>>151757433
Feel free to bring particular example from this past season or the list you expect to deviate from predictions in the winter season.

In before FF, it was clear to everyone of sense it`ll flop. Fall season everything happened pretty much exactly as predicted, up to specific issues - FF flopping, shaft ruining 3gatsu, Izetta being new Maria, YoI having production problems etc. The only real surprise at all being Girlish Number being good
>>
>>151757594
As I've already stated, I don't have nearly enough data to accurately predict whether a show will end up being good or garbage, so how am I supposed to list which ones are likely to deviate from your predictions?

As for an example, remember Jitsu Wa? The manga gathered quite a big group of followers here on /a/ and is generally considered good/great. The PVs came out and everyone was getting hyped, since it's really hard to fuck up an adaptation of a comedy manga, as long as you follow the source material. Anime comes out, and surprise surprise, it's absolutely garbage - story is all over the place, humour and jokes are completely different from the manga style, and when they do finally adapt a chapter instead of going anime-original, it's some shitty unfunny chapter that could easily be skipped.
>>
>>151755097
>Great tier:
>Demi-chan wa Kataritai
The adaptation looks bad and the source material is just ok

Meh tier:
Little Witch Academia
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>151758028
Jitsu Wa is good example because it had terrible production values. However it did not ruin the anime - the expressions were still there, humor still worked. While it had the potential to become bigger hit if made properly by say JC Staff, it was enjoyable show neverless.

Being a fan of the manga i disagree with you strongly that humor was different - i watched the show till the end and enjoyed it despite all flaws.

You are rather in opposite proving my point - because people who read it knew the source material is good, seen PVs so expected changed designs/poor production quality so were ready for the show.

The better example for your cause would be Hayate no Gotoku seasons by Manglobe. Hayate previous seasons by SynergySP and JC staff were great, so people expected as good stuff from new - but recieved original shit. At least for next Manglobe Hayate seasons expectations were correct to expect shit.

Other example being Slayers Revolution - highly hyped but completely failing to deliver. However the relevance of franchize itself still warranted its high placement in expectations charts. Its idiotic to think you CANT predict realistically how much enjoyable for you specific shows will be. Exception prove the rule.
>>
>>151758084
>The adaptation looks bad and the source material is just ok
The season is bad and it elevats ok source material to one of the best shows of the season. Adaptation looks better than i personally expected honestly.

As for LWA i stated why its meh tier - it`ll become boring very quickly. With only dedicated deluded fans claiming its AOTS as FF fans do now, while everyone else drops it.
>>
>>151755097
>nothing has airead
>rate
KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING CANCER
REPORT AND CLOSE THE TAB
>>
>>151757278
>fillers
>anime original
Fucking retard.
>>
File: 1458786297500.jpg (18KB, 270x320px)
1458786297500.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>151758266
Changed designs and poor production quality wouldn't matter if they managed to not fuck up the main selling point of the manga, the humor.

I've been following the manga for nearly 2 years now, and as someone who follows the discussion in the weekly prettyanon dump threads, you are in the minority if you think the adaptation was enjoyable / managed to stick to the manga style of humor.
Such a small minority in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you just made up the fact that you even read the manga.
>>
>>151758592
take your meds

>>151758686
Yes. Fillers. This is what happens when you try to stretch the show for whose story you have no developed concept above the OAV to whole season of TV anime.
>>
>>151758800
>he did not enjoy hearing Youko with accent
you are not a fan
>>
File: 1483190782687.png (222KB, 349x318px)
1483190782687.png
222KB, 349x318px
>>151759565
>the "her voice was better in the manga" meme
>>
>>151758028
>The PVs came out and everyone was getting hyped, since it's really hard to fuck up an adaptation of a comedy manga, as long as you follow the source material.

People were shitting on it from the promo images of the character designs alone. The PV gave some people hope it wouldn't be as bad as it looked, but overall opinion on the anime was still pretty negative pre-airing.
>>
>>151758338
>The season is bad and it elevats ok source material to one of the best shows of the season
Why call it great tier then? Just call it ok tier to begin with.
>>
>>151756295
This^
>>>151756137
At least you tried
>>
>>151757350
You need to try harder to fit in.
>>
>>151759495
It's called padding you cancerous shitter
>>
>>151756552
>MAL for whatever reason rating it as show of the century
That's because MAL's voting system is skewed in favor of sequels and long-running shows (you need to mark at least 40 eps of Gintama as watched for your vote to even count). Also it's full of uncritical retards.
>>
>>151755097
>Masamune-kun
>good
>>
Very few anime this season I will watch.
>>
File: 1480806985053.png (99KB, 211x173px)
1480806985053.png
99KB, 211x173px
>>151755097
>Hand Shakers
>oh shit, never head of it, let's see what's it about
>some generic shounen garbage, this time with lovey-dovey couples holding hands to activate their Stands, or whatever the fuck are they going to call them
>fully CGI
>good tier
>good
>>
>>151756552
Gintama is fucking garbage, stop trying to make yourself feel better for liking the Family Guy of anime.
>>
>>151761463
MALfags are just fucking weeaboos. Every review of ongoing series has a goddamn 10 rating.
>>
>>151761581
On an empty season with no competition - its great.

Same with Gabriel dropout. Meh manga, but given no CGDCT competition at all and Dogakobo making it, it`ll find its viewership.

And being comparatively worse manga than some greater titles, doesnt mean it`ll not be enjoyable watch.
>>
>>151761910
Can you be any more newfag?

>>151762047
> Family Guy of anime.
Thats Shin-chan and its great also. Fuck off. Gintama is too deep for you, having most of its humor build on references. I bet you hated Lucky Star too.
>>
File: you.webm (603KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
you.webm
603KB, 854x480px
>>151762817
How exactly am I a newfag for disliking some CGI garbage?
>gintama is too deep for you
Nevermind, forget I ever asked that previous question. You are obviously just fishing for (You)s.
Last reply for me, fuck off you pathethic faggot.
>>
>>151762910
>How exactly am I a newfag for disliking some CGI garbage?
You are newfag because you dont know what Handshakers is in first place, meaning you also dont know what [K] is and what GoHands is capable of, thus you just post complete garbage projection based on your ignorance exposing yourself as a fool and newfag.
>>
>>151758338
Maid dragon should be like 2 tiers above due to the better source material and better adaptation
>>
>>151757278
Seiren sounds the same as Psyren.

Phonetically, that is.
>>
>>151763458
Maid Dragon manga is actually not that good. It is by far not even the best COOLs manga (he has plenty, and some more will likely be adapted in the future too. Some were adapted before). The only reason it gains attention it does is KyoAni doing it - and its fine, because execution matters.
>>
Mega shit tier: super faggots lovers
>>
>>151758800
Agree. The anime failed at being funny on every level. It was a fucking travesty.
>>
r u from the future

How can you already make a tier list of shows that haven't even aired? I get the idea of basing opinions around their original sources, but good sources can still have shit adaptations.
>>
How about this thread instead of making a new one. What are you picking up? Haven't picked up seasonal anime in three years now.
Green means picked up, yellow means maybe picked up. I'm very open to suggestions since I haven't really went through cast or PVs from every show.
>>
>>151755097
>maidragon
you mean more like yuri lizard. thats some shit tastes
>>
>>151766141
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant fag but i'm really only excited for demi-chan and maid dragon.

I never thought they'd get animated so my hype is just centered around that
>>
>>151766947
It's alright. If anything, I'll be on the lookout for demi-chan, I remember the dullahan on the cover being interestingly funny. Me on the other hand am stupidly hype for Seiren to the point where I think it will backfire on me.
>>
>>151766141
Definite:
Fate/Grand Order: First Order
Nanbaka S2
Youjo Senki
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
Nyanko Days
Gabriel Dropout
Kemono Friends
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

Maybe:
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Urara Meirochou
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Little Witch Academia

I set my bar low, so I can only be impressed. A bunch of them sound dumb as all hell, but I've watched dumb shit and enjoyed it, such as Nanbaka and Konosuba. What's the worst that could happen? I hope I don't pick up another shitty show like Bloodivores
>>
>>151767233
>What's the worst that could happen?
You could get burned out? It happened to me picking up at least 15 shows per season plus the backlog from other years. I still watch seasonal animu, just not as much like back then.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.