[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched this yesterday after seeing several people put it on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: PW.jpg (292KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
PW.jpg
292KB, 640x960px
I watched this yesterday after seeing several people put it on their worst-of-the-year lists and I got morbidly curious.
I was surprised. Its not great, and it definitely gets worse as the season goes on, but I found it enjoyable enough to finish.
Why does it get so much hate?
>>
KyoAni is generally a well-respected studio and it was seen as below their usual quality. The show itself was pretty average.
>>
It's mind-numbingly average.
The only reason people talk about it at all is because it's from Kyoani, and they expected better.
>>
It's the worst thing KyoAni's done since Munto.
>>
File: 1459361655239.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459361655239.webm
2MB, 480x270px
Because it's Kyoani.
I had some pretty great episodes and some boring ones. The bunny family episode is one of my favorite episodes of the year. Yamada's episode was great, as well as single mom Mai.
Enjoyed it more than Hibike's S2, honestly, since it didn't really feel as generic.

Also the OP is underrated. Great tune.
>>
>>151660877

>KyoAni is generally a well-respected studio and it was seen as below their usual quality.
Makes no sense considering the vast majority of their shows in the last 6 years have been amazing animation with empty characters and story. If anything, this show was no different.
>>
>>151660773
I like it.
Un-ironically
I can't believe I'm having to use that word!
>>
>>151660877
I'm not astute enough to really recognize/follow studios, so I'll take this as a chance to learn. Thanks.

>>151661087
>Also the OP is underrated. Great tune.
even though I marathoned it in one evening, I still listened to the OP a half-dozen times. It was fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfvgNOki6E

>>151661343
My biggest complaint is the inconsistent writing and tacked-on climax/ending. I enjoyed it, but the second half of the season felt like they squandered the potential of the first half.
>>
This and AmaBuri are KyoAni's only entertaining shows.
>>
>>151661257

We can debate on which post-2010 KyoAni shows have been better or worse, but I'd say you're wrong and that there's a large writing/characterization gap between, say, Hyouka and Phantom World.

>>151661812

Keep in mind that KyoAni is a studio that makes all its shows in-house rather than outsourcing production (like most studios), so their works very often have common staff.
>>
>>151661257
>with empty characters and story
It was pretty different. Only Chunibyo S2 and Phantom World tick those boxes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.