[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer old isekai or new isekai?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 67

File: good writing.png (578KB, 680x898px) Image search: [Google]
good writing.png
578KB, 680x898px
Do you prefer old isekai or new isekai?
>>
>sakamoto 666
>>
HAYAI
>>
Dungeon seeker is unironically the best isekai at the moment
>>
File: .jpg (120KB, 982x720px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
120KB, 982x720px
Old isekai were all over the place, new isekai are more in tune with what the audience want.
>>
File: 7pn9hhnbpKuU3pebfdfHHLQx.jpg (48KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
7pn9hhnbpKuU3pebfdfHHLQx.jpg
48KB, 460x276px
Someone said something about old Isekai?
>>
>>
What isekai do you want next?

>reincarnated as a shark
>ant
>mosquito
>fly

All with a level system of course
>>
>>151608815
Dungeon Seeker is amazing.
>>
>>151610568
Nah, they'll skip the isekai and just randomly implement an RPG system in reality so they can become a celebrity, all the other asian web novels are doing it.
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as a gob... oh wait
Reincarnated as a slim... oh wait
Reincarnated as a spid... oh wait
Reincarnated as a weak pays... oh wait
Reincarnated as himself in a new world, but is given an ability judged as shit by others... oh wait
Reincarnated as a talking swor.... oh wait.
>>
>>151610689
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine/
>>
>>151610689
Reincarnated as the most annoying fucking mosquito to roam the skies.
>>
>>151610689
>wait
>Reincarnated as a weak pays... oh wait
>Reincarnated as himself in a new world, but is given an ability judged as shit by others... oh wait

Which ones are these?

Also, you're missing all the dragon reincarnations.
>>
>>151610753
Paysant / peasant is Dungeon Seeker
Himself with an ability equipment judged as shit is Shield Bro.
>>
>>151610753
Arifureta probably.
>>
I reincarnated into a God but I don't like showing off.
Death March
>>
>>151610751
Destined to mildly inconvenience everyone in the world.

>>151610799
>>151610753
Shieldbro is no reincarnation isekai though. Though some antagonists might be/are reincarnated people.
>>
What is "old isekai" meant to be referring to?
>>
>>151610728
>c41
Did he evolve to a higher level vending machine yet?
>>
>>151610568
>Reincarnated into a mosquito
Haha nope that would be the most predictably overpowered shit to be written
>Fast as fuck
>Spread disease/poison
>Regenration ( cause bloodsucking == HP drain lolololol )

I know exactly how these isekai writers think ( because I've been writing my own, tropes and all ) and that shit writes itself.
Fuck, it even comes packaged with a vampire waifu.
>>
>>151610568
Not quite isekai, but a reincarnation plot that works similarly.

Story about shamans and witch covens fighting for territory in an unnamed US city. They use spells to prime weapons with souls which then infuses them with special powers. A witch kills the MC with an infused gun and then he dies and his soul transposes into the gun.

The MC can control the direction of bullets fired a la The Emperor, and both telepathically communicate with and appear in a semi-ethereal spirit form to the witch. They form an uncanny partnership, as the MC didn't value his life much anyways and decides to help the witch since her morals are those of JUSTICE.

They run into a bunch of other witches/shamans and make/break alliances. They all use a combination of spells with soul-infused melee/ranged weapons. Based on the soul, the weapon has a different ability. For example, one pair might be a fighter with a sniper rifle whose soul can temporarily take control of targets it shoots. Another might be someone with a bow whose soul causes its arrows to become remote-detonated lightning-rods. Of course the main antagonist will have a katana with blood-related powers and a soul that's thousands of years old.

It'd be like a horrible bastard child between Jojo, Tsugumomo, and Fate.
>>
>>151610568
Badass fantasy hero dies fighting the demon lord, is offered the chance to be reincarnated as a normal high school boy in Japan and live an ordinary life instead of one filled with danger

Like Maou-sama except less cringe
>>
>>151611052
A mini mall?
>>
If you're writing your own LN about how long should it be to be comparable to other finished shitty LN?
>>
>>151611102
There's a Korean one where the hero reincarnated into another fantasy world as a noble, and tries to live out his life as a lazy sack of shit.
>>
>MFW I'm unironically writing light hearted wish fulfillment isekai about getting a succubus for a roommate
>MC is one of the only humans and thus can bring out the power of human gods
>Can wield them like STANDS when they want to help
>He's really just a battery for them to power their magic from worship
Isekai is a fun genre
>>
>>151611131
5 volumes max for an overarching narrative that's well tied together. 10 volumes max for an overarching narrative with many plot arcs.
>>
i like this old isekai
>>
>>151611216
Isekai is its best at extremes: it either has to take itself completely seriously and be hyper-realistic, or it has to completely refuse to take itself seriously.
>>
I want an old geriatric fart reincarnating as the demon lord.
>>
>>151608815
No
>>
>>151608815
This was so bad that it was the EDGE but when i pick up the novel it was so bad both in power level and story, like how the fuck did that bitch in the beginning somehow end up trice the power level of the main prog
>>
>>151611750
Wait, what?
>>
>>151611052
Does he evolve into a vending machine for used school girl panties?
>>
The Narnia series is the best isekai. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>151611131
If you can't finish your story in a single book, then you're a bad writer and should be killed.
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as pansu but wear by a trap.
>>
>>151612479
The same characters can have multiple stories
>t. amateur writer
>>
Ixion Saga DT was great
>>
>>151612655
TLnote DT means dysfunctional testicle
>>
>>151612834
*DT means virginity
>>
Are there any interesting reverse Isekais like McRonald's?

And I mean where the reverse-isekiai'd is/are the MC, and not just deuteragonist(s) to an averagely relatable Aver Aijoe.
>>
I enjoy it as long as it doesn't have RPG mechanics or the MC having the ability to absorb skills.
>>
>>151612925
REALLY?
>>
>>151612655
It had one of the most satisfying final boss fights, that's for sure.
>>151612834
More like Destroyed in thta case.
>>
>>151612354
I read the first book (something uncle's something or something), and it was pretty meh. Still didn't explain the fucking singing lion.
>>
>>151612960
You missed all the times MC brought up his DT?
>>
>>151613102
REEEALY?
>>
File: Abuse.jpg (436KB, 1078x613px) Image search: [Google]
Abuse.jpg
436KB, 1078x613px
If you were in an isekai world, would you save elves from slavery? Or keep them as slaves?
>>
>>151610392
I'm not about to call that one isekai. It's pretty much just the bros floating from island to island until they get back home.
>>
Rather than Isekai I just want pure fucking monogamous fantasy back, I was livid once translations of Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden stopped.
>>
>>151608815
while all those edgy Isekai are hilariously bad, I guess old were... wait, what old Isekai?
>>
>>151613890
Inuyasha, I guess? Escalamarzone? Now and then, here and now?
>>
>>151613937
at this point I guess Escaflowne
>>
>>151613423
Kill all the elf and human men to make them depended on my seed for survival.
>>
File: distrust.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
distrust.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>151608815
Old isekai all the way. They made an effort into world building (Escaflowne, EL Hazard, 12 kingdoms, Isekai seikishi monogatari) and characters unlike current isekai that puts its effort into creating some sort of battle/powers system as if was a game just to proceed to ignore that too since its just an excuse to give the MC a power. Jesus, if you put all your resources into creating a skill system the least you can do is actually use that system

>>151610689
There is also reincarnated as a spirit that can posses other creatures
>>
>>151613423
When in Rome...

If hipothetically I come as a "hero" or get a powerful skillset I guess I'd be quite an asshole. Not like, killing everyone, murder and plunder, but I could afford being a dick to everyone that displeased me.
>>
>>151614046
Spirit Migration made a mistake with the golem.
>>
>>151614995
>Spirit Migration was a mistake
ftfy
>>
>>151614046
What we need are main characters with no cheats or magical abilities. Hell, make em use guns if they have to only except the setting already had it (unlike gun ota where the mc invented it). If I had to go by a certain formula, it'd be like this:
> our heroes are summoned. They are an entire class of students summoned to defeat demon lord.
> Summoning is apparently a random occurrence, even a mistake of summoning some inanimate object occurred.
> Half of the students end up reluctant but go along with the process, while 1/3 basically go along with adventure like the idiots they are, and our main characters which are about 5 in total become the main characters of each arc. They are the ones that refuse any involvement to fight demons for their dirty work.
> A shot of the heroes following the journey to do dirty work occurs every so often to make a difference between what our mcs do and what they are doing, which is basically one guy gets cheats and harem while our main characters have basically only take time to take in knowledge and have no magic to use.
> 1st arc essentially has our first main character go to another continent with more technological advances, (guns, airship, armada, swords, bows, what not). Again, reason why the continent where they were summoned was due to the advancements being most recent, as well as war going on so trading between countries is essentially off limits as well as the sea being dangerous (mc had to stop island to island to try and fix his boat and desperately survive with fishing and water from an island) (takes about 4 months to get to new continent), war goes on, gets involved, so on, great treasures, becoming a thief/hunter, yeah.
> second arc involves new protagonist and mc. Like first protagonist, he refused and stayed where he studies.
I'm thinking up that sort of story.
>>
The fun isekais are where the MC is already set up to be OP and have SoL adventures not giving a fuck
>>
>>151612940
There's a recent reverse-isekai by a h-mangaka about an elf who comes to our world and gouges on modern cuisine, causing her to become too fat to go back home, so she makes friends with a guy who works as a personal trainer.

Unfortunately it's basically a H manga without the H. I forgot the title but you can probably find it with the synopsis.
>>
>>151611020
Digimon
>>
>>151615966
>What we need are main characters with no cheats or magical abilities

Not necesarly, you can give your MC a power, its just these isekai put way too much focus on the power itself and how it leads to be more overpowered.

But the MC having a skill or a magical power or being a choosen one, never was really a problem
>>
>>151613937
Was Inuyasha the first wish fulfillment isekai series?

I mean, the protagonist was a self-insertable teenage girl with magic powers and superhuman demon friends, the strongest of which has the hots for her.
>>
>>151613890
Escaflowne
El Hazard
12 kingdoms
Now and Then, Here and There
Isekai Seikishi Monogatari

are the first ones that come to mind but sure are more
>>
>>151616274
Oh, I just remembered Mar heaven too
>>
>>151616142
What I prefer and what I think is best is when there is hard work that leads results. Using whatever within your surroundings and setting to your advantage (guns and so on). Get too much of a head start and the story becomes cocky. I'm thinking as hard as I can with the idea I posted to implement this. You build yourself up not using rhe worst of plot crap (born with innate magical energy crap or talent). We need that kind of thing to be honest.
>>
File: MC and slave.jpg (120KB, 726x514px) Image search: [Google]
MC and slave.jpg
120KB, 726x514px
What would you do if you were sent to isekai and buy a slave?
>>
>>151615966
They die, if they don't die they are gary sues.
That's why op characters are the only ones that makes sense, you think you're powerless or average mcs can survive a group of pirates attacking? if they do that's already an asspull to keep them alive.
>>
I just want an Isekai with a likeable and capable protagonist that doesn't come of as a Gary Stu.
>>
>>151613423
I'm tired of elves being slaves/fapbaits in isekai.
>>
>MC gets sucked into a parallel world through a stargate or whatever
>as a five year old
>no real special powers, maybe just that he can read and write
>grows up in the world and learns how to fight, etc.
>Many years later his family comes looking for him and creates the conflict for the show

blammo
>>
>>151613890
Rayearth is one that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned yet.
>>
>>151617448
Which Isekai is this pic from?
>>
>>151617895
The caption at the top right says Uroboros Record 1. No idea if that's a chapter or series title.
>>
>>151617680
Konosuba, the MC is a jobber and only succeeds because his companions are really powerful but semi-retarded and thus easily manipulable.
>>
>>151617987
I love Konosuba, it's so good. Works that manage to parody their own genre without coming of as pretentious or falling into the same tropes they make fun of are great.
>>
An Isekai where you're reincarnated as the planet itself.
>>
>>151618063
Konosuba is great because its parodic nature causes it to wrap around and end up being an actually great execution of the isekai concept.

It's why I think isekai is only good in extremes: you either have to approach it really seriously or throw everything out the window. But Konosuba actually overlaps those extremes, since it's both incredibly silly AND pays attention to close details that many isekai just gloss over. Somehow it works really well, I'm surprised it didn't kill the fad as soon as it came out.
>>
>>151617464
That's not the point I'm making. OP characters are the problem. It shits on actual build up and effort. If you're being shot at by a bunch of pirates or bandits, then take cover with walls and trees with no fucking magic barrier, if your sword breaks, then keep some knives with you at all times, if you have your gun clogged, then use a bow or cross bow you have with you (you might feel heavy but you get used to it), if you're outnumbered, then use a hit and run tactic and retreat, need a surprise weapon? Then try and make a knife boot like Joker. Or like Velvet or Altair and have a sword gauntlet. There's a reason why they survive and that is because they are resourceful, not needing no plot bullshit that makes them strong. They do so because they are smart, not because they are automatically strong just because. Bullshit. As long as it is within the realm of believability and the mc doesn't make some super magical machine gun, it is grounded.
>>
>>151618304
>>151618063
>>151617987
Oh no, fuck you. We've gone through countless threads of this fucking bullshit. There are MANY FUCKING PROBLEMS WITH KONOSUBA. I can fucking go on with the problems and we could have a thread filled with arguments.
>>
>>151618150
To elaborate, you get reborn as a Planet and basically have control of the magical field around the planet to shape yourself and your lifeforms to your will.

Things go swimmingly until suddenly other people start getting reincarnated on you and start fucking up your civilizations and shit with their OP abilities and cheats.

You can't actively attack them easily, so you're forced to enact plans and create surrogates who'll fight for you.
>>
I want an isekai with the full wanks: Gifted with 360° vision, gains skills related to his attributes, a harem consisting of a wolfgirl, a dark elf, loli vampire, and a tomboy human swordswoman. They all have crushes on the main character and try to seduce him as much as possible. Defeated females develop crushes on main character, effectively stall the party by capturing the main character and try to have their way with him.
However, the main character is a fist-sized rock. He can't communicate, or move by himself.
>>
>>151618807
I too wish for a Weekend at Bernie's style anime.
>>
>>151618598
Maybe the problems are with your shit taste and not Konosuba. Just a suggestion, don't take it to heart.
>>
>>151619028
> Because I have shit taste.
> Says every fucking fanbase and their drones
Well, here's a suggestion: why don't you bend over and kiss my ass, Konosubafag?
>>
>>151614995
I think the mistake started with his inability to speak Followed by the complete lack of consequences for doing things like say, hijacking literally anything
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as a jew
>>
File: Ouroboros Record.jpg (2MB, 1446x2096px) Image search: [Google]
Ouroboros Record.jpg
2MB, 1446x2096px
>>151617895
>>151617983
Title. The Ouroboros Record, Circus of the Oubeniel, Volume 1.
>>
File: 32-33.jpg (734KB, 1426x1024px) Image search: [Google]
32-33.jpg
734KB, 1426x1024px
Does it make sense to call it "old isekai" when the stuff is still being made today?
>>
File: cantwakeup.png (56KB, 166x205px) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.png
56KB, 166x205px
>No isekai similar to Kingdom or inspired by ROTK
>Could throw different races or even kingdoms based on romans and other stuff
>Autistic MC that just wants to be the strongest Lu Bu
>Ends up climbing the ranks so he has to learn how to lead and govern
>>
What's the Evangelion of isekai?

Vid related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6sCbkkP68
>>
Post nation building isekais
>>
>>151621034
>No isekai similar to Kingdom or inspired by ROTK

There's a CN one where someone isekais and becomes Lu Bu's son in law, or something like that.
>>
>>151622627
I did read a few chapters of that one. It was fanfic tier writing if not worse. MC being able to go back out of nowhere and other stuff.
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as an orphan, adopted by his own parents, and has to romance his NBR-but-also-BR imouto-neesan,
>>
>>151621034
Not isekai, but if you'll take highschooler-mysteriously-time-travels-to-the-past (nearly the same thing, really), there's Ryuurouden.
>>
Does ZnT count as an Isekai Story?
>>
File: mad.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
235KB, 582x600px
>>151622880
>37 volumes and finished
>28 volumes translated
Are you trying to make me suffer anon?
>>
File: 3-whitemageingus-a.jpg (65KB, 350x700px) Image search: [Google]
3-whitemageingus-a.jpg
65KB, 350x700px
>>151610568
Reincarnated as a JRPG healbitch.
>can only cast healing spells except for one really crappy low-damage spell
>can only cast spells when his party is "in combat" making him unable to use his power as a doctor who might actually make a living, so he's forced to go on adventures with idiots
>constantly bullied and blamed for everyone's injuries/deaths, even when they just run headlong into danger
>eventually can cure poisons/diseases and even raise the dead, but only on "party members" while "in combat"
>constantly trying to figure out how to try and rules-lawyer the "in your party" and "in combat" restrictions but foiled by idiots.
>>
>>151621034
What is Ryuurouden?
>>
>>151611216

That and the one where cats were body armor.
>>
>>151621034
Barring the Autistic MC, that's pretty much just the The Twelve Kingdoms.
>>
>>151623111
Do they become jaded as fuck about people literally standing in fire and not moving, just expecting him to heal them?
>>
File: wizard of oz.jpg (232KB, 964x461px) Image search: [Google]
wizard of oz.jpg
232KB, 964x461px
>Dorothy you cant just put on the slippers and expect them to function you need to equip them properly through your inventory
>ability equipped: Skill Steal
>>
Reminder that Re:Monster is the best Isekino.
>>
>>151608815
So, we can all agree that Isekais is hands down the worst genre in Anime/manga/ln/vn at the moment right?

I guess maybe fantasy battle school stories are still more cliche, but isekai is getting up there.

And sometimes the genres overlap.
>>
File: yankee.jpg (43KB, 287x475px) Image search: [Google]
yankee.jpg
43KB, 287x475px
>>151608815
Old.
>>
>no isekai about boy becomes cute girl then she (male) becomes a slut
>>
>>151623558
In the current state yes.

One more RPG setting with stats and equipping items through interface and I am gonna kill someone. Torture if it's also full of retarded skills and MC has some overpowered one.
>>
>>151620579
>translation when
>>
>>151623466
yes, and to keep up with the mana expenditure the mc healbitch has to constantly chug mana potions that taste terrible, and he's having to constantly stop to pee after big battles because he drinks so much liquid.
>>
>>151610568
Character
>a girl who claimed she got transferred to this world from another world, claiming she had an ability to go back in time by dying, she mostly wears training jersey.

>a girl who claimed she got transferred to this world from another world, claiming she can always win any games (in actuality by making up new rules during the game), and a neet.

>a girl claiming she always solves another person problem but will make herself looks bad, a self proclaimed loner because of that (even though she always hangs around with a handsome and popular guy, but she said she want something GENUINE)

>a bland and generic girl who somehow attracts a lot of handsome guys. Somehow always do some accident like (accidentally opening bathroom when the guy is bathing, or when the guy is changing, accidentally touching guy chest, crotch, etc)

>MC a regular soldier who refuse to open his helmet, or speaks. Very loyal to its motherland and a bros before hoes kind of guy, and will do any assignment bestowed upon him if it was an order from the kingdom.He only communicate with his gesture

Plot
>One day in the castle, all those girls are gathered there by the king. Royal Priest said that one of them bears the power of hero who can saved the world from the upcoming demon lord. It was currently unknown if the girls claim being transported from another world is true or not. The soldiers and MC have to tend all those girls in the time being, until it revealed who is the real hero among them.

You know the settings
>>
>>151623603
There's that one about some guy reincarnating as the little girl, but the fan translation is crabstick-tier so I can't tell if the original story is shit or if it's just the translation. It also had some shitty game mechanics, if my memory serves correctly.
>>
>>151623672
>piss fetish
>MC is male
What abhorrent taste

Also, why are (you)'s gone?
>>
>>151623725
Title?
>>
>>151623740
eww. Didn't think about the fetish aspect.
MC has to be male unless you have a bullied girl fetish.
>>
File: tsurezure.png (177KB, 446x664px) Image search: [Google]
tsurezure.png
177KB, 446x664px
>>151623920
>MC has to be male unless you have a bullied girl fetish.
>not having a bullied girl fetish
>>
File: 1477587727587.png (165KB, 389x384px) Image search: [Google]
1477587727587.png
165KB, 389x384px
>>151623920
>unless you have a bullied girl fetish
Who doesn't?
>>
>>151623816
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=122337
Yeesh, reading the description I realize I'd forgotten more about it than I thought. Not sure if the guy eventually ends up slutting around in her body later on, but he does take advantage of it to bathe and sleep with an adventurer girl.
>>
>>151623971
>>151623986
what about if MC was female, and part of being a white mage was being "pure"
Constant bullying because once anyone learns her job description they say something like, "Oh, you're a virgin" or "I see, so you've never been kissed."
>>
File: 1403099000768.jpg (90KB, 500x765px) Image search: [Google]
1403099000768.jpg
90KB, 500x765px
>>151610568
>>151610689
MC is a prince who dies when his kingdom is attacked by demons and he's reborn as the demon kings son
MC is reincarnated as his mother and has to give birth to himself
MC is reincarnated as the guy who decides who's reincarnated as who
>>
>>151623455
Thanks, going to check it out.
>We will never see a warrior as autistic as Lu Bu being the MC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im639Jlk1qk
Kill me. Rewatching souten kouro was a bad idea
>>
>>151623639
>>151620579
>name when
>>
>>151611077
That's actually a decent idea
>>
File: Smug.jpg (287KB, 633x709px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
287KB, 633x709px
I have a better fucking idea for what you maggots call parodies (and you fucking praise that shit):
> Guy sent along with the rest of his class to isekai with the typical rpg shit and must defeat demons.
> Gets the short end of the stick by having no cheats and no skills whatsoever. Can't even level up properly (he'll be equivalent to a villager or lvl 10 at max).
> Says fuck you to the goddess and everyone looking down on him after a few weeks.
> Takes a shovel as a weapon (good for digging a trap as well as a sharp edge).
> Gets by through the shovel killing small level demons.
> Encounters a high level demon eventually and as he's about to die, he throws potions out of desperation. Demon burns.
> You can use potions in this world. Holy water is distilled water blessed by the priest. Pretty much all potions have the element light. And there's revival potions
> MC's face becomes like this after realization.
Cont.
>>
>>151624879
Nirvana
>>
File: AF62.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AF62.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
Is Muv-Luv Unlimited/Alternative considered to be old or new isekai?
>>
>>151608815
What constitues old/new Isekai?

World building? plot? RPG elements?
>>
>>151610689
Reincarnated as a loli.

It's my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>151608815
Inuyasha was amazing and comfy, eat dicks, all of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCljICdK-Q
Better version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPv5o2jHfc
>>
>>151626921
Anything after Narnia is new isekai
>>
>>151611102
I remember reading a webnovel that was the following.

>Hero and Demon Lord die fighting each other.
>Hero got rewarded for killing Demon Lord
>Chose to be reincarnated as a guy in a peaceful, not fantasy world
>Reincarnated on Earth in Japan
>Demon Lord had amazing powers and choices for reincarnation too
>Chose to reincarnate in same place as Hero to get revenge
>Specified everything but gender
>Reincarnated as a rich Japanese girl.

It was an amusing story but I can't remember the name or where I read it anymore.
>>
>>151625732
>Exploit potion effects
Can you do something like in FFXV like the elemancy flasks?
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as God. Isekai became RTS game and he have to play against opponent God, whom also a reincarnation of a real world person, to win get back to the real world.
>>
>>151627535
>God of War: The LN
>>
>>151627469
Like any web novel being discussed in Animesuki with the first post, does it have snu-snu?
>>
Any isekai where the MC actually has to work hard ?

Basically a manga where it takes months, if not years for the MC to see progress. Kind of like Bonfire NEET or Suicide Island.
>>
>>151610728
I don't know why I was expecting anything else than the title of this link
>>
File: Alchemy.png (1MB, 720x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.png
1MB, 720x1056px
>>151627783
Depends on what you mean by hard work. Pic related is an mc that conducts experiments on becoming immortal. He may be blessed with magic but his interest is in alchemy. He is willing to disregard lives but does so because he can under the law. He takes upon years of research and willing to brainwash (yes, brainwash) other to adopt the same will as his or do absolute obedience (to prevent betrayal of all things). It took him quite a few slaves to cut open and everything. Pretty much his life to work. Something like that?
>>
File: Face.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
Face.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
What would you choose within a certain area of expertise in the isekai world, /a/?
Area:
A) Playboy (Haremshit)
B) Cooking
C) Lawyer (courtroom Phoenix Wright)
D) Magic
E) Economist
F) Alchemist
G) Merchant
H) Blacksmith
I) Medical
J) Mad scientist
K) Adventurer
L) Bandit
Race:
M) Demon
N) Human
O) Elf
P) some other race
Status (Pick either one, one or the other)
Q) An aristocrat
R) Poor-ass
>>
>>151628188
Cooking.
>>
Why can't we have a story of a person from a fantasy setting coming to the real world? Kind of like a fantasy Forrest Gump where she's present and it relevant on real historical events or something.

Bonus points from the MC being a cute elf girl with decently sized breasts since cowtits are disgusting.
>>
>>151628204
Race and standing (rich or commoner (poor ass))?
>>
File: 1380939546429.jpg (47KB, 553x640px) Image search: [Google]
1380939546429.jpg
47KB, 553x640px
>>151628188
Medical I guess, that's a underrated theme in my chinese cartoons.
>>
>>151628342
What will be your race and standing (normally doctors are well off, or are you gonna be a poor-ass)?
>>
>>151628278
There was that story about the elf freeloading on the japanese guy after she ended up in Japan by playing around with a magical weapon left behind by some all powerful mage.
>>
>>151628188
I feel like there should be more status options. Not all non aristocrats were poor. Actually quite a few aristocrats were poor.
>>
>>151628278
bad idea
kill yourself
>>
File: 768767765675.jpg (845KB, 776x946px) Image search: [Google]
768767765675.jpg
845KB, 776x946px
>>151623111
>Finds that he can cure-bomb undead for decent damage
>Parties never come across undead
>Finally gets one chance to go clear an undead infestation.
>>
>>151628472
That sounds great but I know they can do better.
We need more anime with the concept of Maou-sama where the evil fantasy villain ends up in the real world.
>>
>tfw you realize Haibane Renmei is an isekai
>>
File: You disgust me.jpg (126KB, 594x296px) Image search: [Google]
You disgust me.jpg
126KB, 594x296px
>>151625732
Part two:
> Kills off demon with his potions.
> MC realizes that revival potions can really kill off the demons (expensive stuff for revival).
> Meets some classmates fighting with a high level demon (he was off doing some exploring).
> One classmate dies after some sacrifice or some shit.
> Everyone gets all emotional and shit.
> Demon is laughing.
> MC has a face like this. Pic related.
You know why, when you are in a fantasy rpg world where phoenix down exists, and some one just got killed, and they go all emotional. You know what's wrong here. Next part:
> Revives dead classmate with revival potion.
> Everyone is shocked.
> Wonders why anyone is surprised and flips off everyone and leaves.
> MC remarks everyone is a fucking idiot and wants to get out as soon as he can.
>>
>>151628919
I wonder how many Haibane Renmei threads will reach the bump limit in 2017. There were two of those this year, and both were pretty comfy.
>>
>>151629465
Also, the villain was just standing there still in his bragging phase (apparently, he was still reveling in the accomplishment of killing the classmate without realizing the revival). He dies while he was imagining by the others.
>>
>>151613063
He's Jesus.
>>
>>151624357
I came to this thread to throw my money at your face anon, that's brilliant.
>>
>>151610753
Really, I thought "Reincarnated as himself in a new world, but is given an ability judged as shit by others... oh wait" was Arifureta
>>
>>151630144
>>151610799
Meant to reply this
>>
How many reincarnate as a Dragon are there? I assume a lot because dragon dick.
>>
File: adachi smiles.jpg (147KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
adachi smiles.jpg
147KB, 600x620px
>>151610728
>http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine/
>It wasn't a troll link
>>
>>151630269
I remember some of them.

One is a girl that reincarnates as a man eating dragon. And by man eating, I mean humans.

One is a male that reincarnates into a dragon.

One is a male that reincarnates into a female and has a dragon's bloodline or something.

One where a cicada reincarnates into a dragon.

One where a guy reincarnates into a dragon egg.
>>
File: Class_creation_nightblade.png (113KB, 322x481px) Image search: [Google]
Class_creation_nightblade.png
113KB, 322x481px
Isekai where the guy gets reincarnated as a Nightblade when? The story will resembles Thief or Dishonored plot
>>
>MC ends up in fantasy world where everyone is gay
>Only males exist
>Has a maxed unremovable skill that makes everyone want to fuck him
>Have to struggle in a world of buff Bara and Bishonen men of all races. Even Goblins
>Get powerful enough fighting off suitors and avoiding all routes to finally get back to your world
>God intervenes and reveals she's a fujoshi. Kills him and then reincarnated MC and female childhood friend as a dude in the next life.
>>
I want to see a fantasy world character reincarnated in our world. Pretty good isekai.
>>
>>151630421
Kinda want to know the names.
>>
File: 1452783718284.jpg (331KB, 771x710px) Image search: [Google]
1452783718284.jpg
331KB, 771x710px
>>151630531
I was literally just about to post this. If written correctly, this would be a joy to read.

>HOLY FUCK NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK IS A CAR
>HOLY FUCK NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK IS A COMPUTER
>HOLY FUCK NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK IS A SKYSCRAPER

>yeah i can use magic to violate the laws of physics that's normal why are you all screaming???
>>
>>151630421
A cicada as a dragon? Probably really weird for that Cicada.
>>
File: the-devil-is-a-part-timer.png (719KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
the-devil-is-a-part-timer.png
719KB, 1000x562px
>>151630531
>>151630625
I mean its not reincarnation, but...
>>
>>151630814
Emu making those faces is the best.
>>
>>151628278

There's one where tsukiyomi snaps after people from Japan keep on being yoinked into other worlds, has this sperg out in the middle of the UN, and then starts grabbing people from other worlds and shoving them into Japan as revenge.
>>
>>151628027
Not really, I'd like something where the MC isn't talented, and all the struggle that he has to face because of that.
>>
>>151630539
>man eater
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragon-life/

>Male
Made a mistake, it was actually a dragon that reincarnated into a human male.
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/sayonara-ryuusei-konnichiwa-jinsei/

>self explanatory
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragons-bloodline/

>greatest love story ever told
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/semi-datte-tensei-sureba-ryuu-ni-naru/

>egg
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/reincarnated-as-a-dragons-lets-aim-to-be-the-strongest/

>>151630640
It didn't mind that much, from what I remember.
>>
>>151631090
One of the things from my anime idea folder is "MC has the highest percentage of human blood from a line of modified super people and struggles to keep up despite being assured that his strength should be sufficient."
>>
File: 1478084088806.png (526KB, 883x722px) Image search: [Google]
1478084088806.png
526KB, 883x722px
Rather than old or new, the key to discerning good from bad isekai is by seeing whether or not it is also haremshit. If it's haremshit, then it's simply the author's wish fulfillment "gunna do everything perfect and fuck all da bitches" garbage. If it's not, it means the author probably put some thought into the story.
>>
>>151608815
Pulp Isekai is the best. John Carter needs an anime.
>>
File: Cover.png (2MB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
2MB, 410x600px
>>151631090
Well, this is literally the isekai I know at the top of my head at the moment. Mc goes to a hunter tribe world. His dad was a cook. His dad died. MC goes into a fire to try and get the beloved knife of his dad. Gets sent to isekai. MC is a cook. Not really much of a cheat. Cooking is hard work.
>>
>>151631405
I wouldn't say he isn't talented, he can cook.
>>
>>151630531
>>151630625
That's what I was saying, anons.
See, we all have the same idea. We all know the potential of a reverse isekai(I guess?) I hope it becomes a trend one day.

>>151630985
Was it good?
>>
File: knight san.png (518KB, 1453x1810px) Image search: [Google]
knight san.png
518KB, 1453x1810px
>>151623678
>MC a regular soldier who refuse to open his helmet, or speaks. Very loyal to its motherland and a bros before hoes kind of guy, and will do any assignment bestowed upon him if it was an order from the kingdom.He only communicate with his gesture
i still have this shit saved
>>
>>151631582
I unfortunately cannot read japanese. The anon that told me about it assumed I could or something I guess. I only know the bit of the plot I told you thanks to google translate and it really wasn't legible enough to figure out the quality of writing.
>>
>>151630814
What made Hatamaou so great wasn't "oh shit what's a car what's a computer what's a skyscraper" where every aspect of our world shocks them, rather it was the much more relatable "need a job, need a raise, can't afford a TV licence, can't afford food, need to steal broken umbrellas" that anybody who's had to try to live in the city on an entry level wage in the service industry can see themselves in their shoes.
>>
File: 1449954960753.png (52KB, 150x211px) Image search: [Google]
1449954960753.png
52KB, 150x211px
Any good isekai where it's clear that the author just wanted to worldbuild?

Like, say MC gets reincarnated into a world with magic, ages a bit and then attends a magical academy.

Rather than the academy being a generic backdrop for the story, the story would be an excuse to take lessons in magical metaphysics vicariously through the MC.

That example came to mind because that's precisely why I enjoyed the first few Harry Potter books/movies far more than the later ones. I don't care about your shitty noseless villain, I wanna go to hogwarts by proxy.
>>
Not exactly isekai to modern world, but the urban xianxia Cultivation Chat Group is pretty great.

>posts for cultivators on how to turn artifacts, pills, etc. into money they can live off of
>posts warning cultivators to avoid smacking cars and shit around - they aren't demons
>posts about finding a good place for closed door cultivation in modern times - one guy got a nuke dropped on him
>>
Anyone reading Gunjou Senki? The entire school transported to the Sengoku era? Isekai in a way.
>>
>>151632179
Or just literal time travel. Probably latter just to be accurate. Then again, some idiots may think
> Time travel is isekai.
under stupid grounds.
>>
>>151631924
Harry Potter is basically no different from a battle academy we often have. It is shoddily written as well.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (164KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
164KB, 1440x1080px
El Hazard is best Isekai

>tfw you will never have a Bug Queen Waifu and a Loyal Evil God to do your bidding
>>
>>151610728
They made a novel about NG+ in Strange Journey?
>>
>>151622627
Kingdom isn't really an Isekai, its more based on chinese history if anything.
>>
File: ocredits.jpg (136KB, 817x1103px) Image search: [Google]
ocredits.jpg
136KB, 817x1103px
Will you go to isekai, anon?
>>
File: isekai truck stikes again.png (31KB, 241x458px) Image search: [Google]
isekai truck stikes again.png
31KB, 241x458px
>>151632746
don't worry anon, a truck is coming to pick me up
>>
>>151628188
Poor ass magic oni.
I will genocide non stop to raise my power.
>>
File: Hina.jpg (344KB, 1000x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Hina.jpg
344KB, 1000x1421px
I can't believe Hinamatsuri escaped my mind. It's basically isekai. With Hina transported to Japan.
>>
>>151631924
Overlord has some pretty excellent world building.
>>
>>151633173
Not really. Again, having been a game world setting is not exactly excellent. It belongs in games.
>>
>>151633237
It's not really a game world per se. Seriously it's world building is top notch. Literally entire volumes that focus on how having god like beings can have serious effects on a fantasy world.
>>
>>151633237
>Game world
Come on anon, it was repeated so many times that it was a real world that it's not even funny.
>>
File: 1460521056683.jpg (312KB, 1297x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1460521056683.jpg
312KB, 1297x1920px
I'm waiting for bears.
>>
>>151623603
This never happens.

It's either written by dudes self inserting into a yuri fantasy or by girls who would rather the girl (male) end up in a vanilla romance with some Prince Charming than fall into depravity.
>>
Is there any isekai story about a dude from a fantasy world reincarnating into a japanese salaryman?
>>
>>151633532
>written by dudes self inserting into a yuri fantasy
This isn't that common either to be honest. Almost everytime there's guy turning into girl they either end up alone or with a guy you'd expect to see in shoujo.
>>
>>151633461
Fucking hell, are you fucking serious? Bullshit. Yggsadrill was a GAME and an MMO-RPG at that one. MC got sucked into the fucking game that became a more grounded world. Game world. Stop your fucking bullshit. Unfortunately for you, I don't have a memory span of a fly.
>>
>>151623603
tsf monogatari
>>
File: thatbait.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
thatbait.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>151633682
I hope you are joking.
>>
>>151611193
>>151623558
>isekai
>genre
Here we go again.

>>151628188
Adventurer, Human, either status is fine.
>>
>>151633682
But Overlord doesn't take place in YGGDRASIL's world (or at least not the one the game was set in), it's set in a different world with different magic that was affected by faggots from YGGDRASIL getting teleported there and changing its magic and shit.
>>
>>151610568
>reincarnated as themselves from the other world while their other self takes their world position
>>
>>151618682
>global warming desu
>>
>>151610568
What they start as is useless because the plot always give MC some bullshit way to acquire a human form.
Even if someone reincarnated as piece of turd they would eventually turn into a human turd because of some magic bullshitery.
I would prefer a isekai where MC never acquires a human form and has to interact with the world as whatever the fuck they were reincarnated into.
>>
>>151628188
Poor-ass Human Magician
>>
>>151628188
poor-ass elf bandit loli
>>
>>151633860
You do that and you fuck up your own civilization. All the life you've cultivated ruined to kill some edgy jap teenager living out his power fantasy.

The entire species you carefully engineered in which the females all look like your waifu and the males all look like you, wasted.
>>
>>151608815
Old isekai.

Ash vs Army of Darkness was balla as fuck.
>>
>>151629465
>not just blessing a river and keeping demons out forever like a wall
>>
>>151627169
>tfw not many
>>
File: joe-Q.png (188KB, 576x540px) Image search: [Google]
joe-Q.png
188KB, 576x540px
>>151610568
>>151610568
Looser reincarnated as a bigger looser.
>>
>>151631924
I want to write a story just to world build, but the shame that comes even with a pen name holds me back.
>>
>>151618682
Calling all TYPES, please come and exterminate humanity.
>>
Do you people consider Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban as a isekai ?
>>
>>151633978
>all he ever does is lose
>he abuses this to break the world by losing at things impossible to lose
>>
>>151633990
Just fucking do it. Even if you never ever show another person what you've written write just for the sake of writing.
>>
I want a story where the MC doesn't get OP abilities and only deals with small shit like some random evil cult, some criminals or a lone demon instead of saving the world from destruction 98 times.
It would be cool if the story mentions that there is some guy getting involved in that shit while the MC just does minor shit.
Kind of like Konosuba before they started kicking Demon King General's asses.
>>
>>151633431
I heard this bullshit. It was created by game developers as well as the inhabitants being created by the players especially from Nazarick. As for the worldbuilding, it was simple. Basically medieval kind of setting where magic exists. Villages exists and guilds for adventures. Slave market, kingdom, other kingdoms. Seriously, this is nothing much really new. It's ok, just not that stellar.
>>
>>151633990
I want to write a story and I believe I have some good ideas but my problem is that I can't narrate or describe to save my life.
I have written some shit before but it feels pretty repetitive and lifeless and I don't know how to fix that aside from ripping off other author's styles.
>>
>>151633782
>>151633698
It was a game. The real world people literally created those characters especially from Nazarick. MC got sucked and became his character. Seriously, this is a game world. And if you're not joking about the magic thing (since I haven't read that far yet), then obviously, everything is basically a convoluted plot created by magic.
>>
>>151634265
What I'm saying is that the world itself isn't a game made reality.
MC became his avatar and was transported as long with everything in his guild HQ into a different world with real people that (as far as we know) weren't created by any dev or any player.
That world originally had its own magic (Wild Magic), which was powerful but hard as shit to control, but every 100 years or so players from YGGDRASIL were transformed into their avatars and sent into that world (either by themselves, with other people and/or with their guild hall, depending on where they were when the server was closing) and they proceeded to fuck up the magic system and impose YGGDRASIL's system, which was weaker but was easier to learn.
MC arrives a bunch of centuries after the first batch of players showed up and by that point they are all dead (as far as we know) and they already caused quite an impact on that world.
>>
>>151631623
I laughed way harder than I should have.
>>
>>151608815
Old. I liked it better when they were just called fantasy.
>>
What kind of Isekai hasn't been done yet?

I'd watch a strategy/economics isekai, in the vein of Vanadis/Maoyouu.
>>
>>151608815
New isekai, since old isekai wasnt even labeled as such. Isekai as genre is relatively new thing, though people being transported/reborn in other world stories were made lots of time before.

The complaint i have not is too many edgy stories/characters. The best Isekai are actually the comfy ones.

People blame it for wishfulfilment fantasy - but thats exactly why its popular and whats appealing in it.
>>
>>151634438
A party of top-tier heroes die and are reincarnated into the same guy.
Alternatively, it's not a party of heroes but different OP faggots from different settings.
>>
>>151610568
Some guy reincarnated into a baby who wasn't going to survive their birth. Ends up reincarnating into a Dragon Queen's egg. Comes out as dragon hybrid.
>>
>>151634348
If that's the case, then why does Nazarick exist? It was clearly stated that all those characters (Sebas, Albedo, Shalltear) pretty much everyone was created by players. They are real and yet that causes a huge difference here.
>>
>>151610568
Settlers 2 townbuilding isekai
>>
Are there any stories were MC reincarnates a bunch of times?
Like, he doesn't reincarnate into a single OP individual but rather lives many lives and reincarnates into a different person everytime he dies.
>>
File: stop.png (91KB, 247x423px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
91KB, 247x423px
>>151634348
>Seriously replying to bait
Come on anon, you can tell just by the way the post made. No one is that retarded.
>>
>>151610839
Looking forward to anime and loli slaves harem.
>>
>>151634438
Demons saying, "Fuck, if humans get to summon a hero to fight for them, so can we".
>>
>>151634503
Nazarick was transported along with Ainz and made real.
In the past, players who were in their guild HQ when they got transported had said HQs and all their NPCs with them in the new world, with all of them being real.
The story hasn't explained yet how or why does this happen.
>>
My chuuni fantasies I had since I was a kid have far more world building and consistency than any new isekai.

On the other hand, old isekai such as Escaflowne and Juuni Kouki really focused on the world itself and the things going there and were consistent with the rules they set for themselves.
My only complaint was that I never understood if people actually fuck in Juuni Kouki.
>>
mc reincarnated into a magical gameboy that someone in another world picks up and then fucks everything up with
>>
File: Build the wall.png (350KB, 723x763px) Image search: [Google]
Build the wall.png
350KB, 723x763px
>>151634470
Bullshit. Comfy my ass, you're better watching some shitty western sitcom that has more of a plot and characters. You want comfy, here is what true comfy is. Learn the difference.
>>
>>151610839
That's more >i used my free meteor spells and suddenly became a god?
>>
>>151634577
>worse-than-Hitler princess slaughtering poor demons
>comfy
>>
>>151634597
Pretty sure he was meant to be a god since the beginning.
He had those OP skills, including the one that made him invincible and the technicolor hair godess loli clearly wants his dick.
>>
>>151614046
>There is also reincarnated as a spirit that can posses other creatures
Reincarnated as a girl. She brought the idea of writing down recipes and using dandelion tea as a beverage.
>>
File: MJPOIMG[1].png (735KB, 484x770px) Image search: [Google]
MJPOIMG[1].png
735KB, 484x770px
>>151634577
Nah, its eeehh at best. Some nice gags but otherwise boring manga.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki is Comfy on other hand.
>>
>>151634554
So basically, because of their game setting, they turned real? Again, the worldbuilding at this point has a few holes and questions as to why the rest of Nazarick was summoned. Again, I feel pretty skeptical to the worldbuilding you are praising at this point.
>>
File: 19.jpg (525KB, 951x1352px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
525KB, 951x1352px
>>151634438
>strategy/economics
Like Choujin Koukosei-tachi? Well if you don't mind highschool boy/girl trope.
Also the realist hero also comes to my mind.
>>
File: Slavearisa.jpg (190KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
Slavearisa.jpg
190KB, 800x1182px
>>151613423
>all
Thats where you went wrong. Death March is the next Isekai anime that airs and MC buys out slaves and make them remain slaves, but only because they would be ostracized otherwise having no owner. He doesnt try to save the world nor liberate ALL slaves - just the cute girls he mets.
>>
>>151634646
Elements from the game were sent to another world and turned real (players, NPCs and guild HQs).
Of course there are holes in this because the MC doesn't know why that shit happened and there is no random god to infodump him on the first chapter.
>>
>>151634653
Think something along the lines of Vanadis, but without the harem and the MC being isekai'd into a world where he's suddenly a noble that must lead soldiers in feudal wars and stuff.
>>
>>151634679
Also the NPC's that were brought over assumed personality's from their background information. The good and bad. So one of the NPC's didn't have as much of a background as others so he has a showy exterior, but is nearly robotic underneath.
>>
I want Isekai about Three Kingdom Chinese lord from another world being reborn during WW2 as Japanese Imperial soldier. Seeing the suffering of China at hands of japanese, he acting as Japanese, tries to free the slaves, save people and plot how to destroy Japanese Empire from inside.
>>
>>151634600
>>151634631
Oh please, the manga goes through actual lengths to what it finds for the perfect comfort for slumber. The characters are distinguishable, have a goal, and make the ends much more comfy.
>>
>>151634348
>>151634503
>>151634554
Alternatively, YGGDRASIL game system bugged out and he can't take his virtual reality helmet off. It looks real to him because there's no menus and the game had a direct neural link for touch/pain but he's just some guy shitting himself in the corner of some run down apartment.
>>
>>151634631
The whole thing turned into a huge circle jerk over the MC. Disregarding the fact that thousands of people were overlooking skills just because they're weak at low level, once he proved that they aren't weak he continued to somehow be amazing at them and produce item quality and inovations for his crafting skills at levels higher than entire guilds based around crafting with more time to play than he supposedly has.
>>
>>151634722
The NPCs also took traits from their creators. That's why Demiurge and Sebas have a bad relationship, since their creators hated each other.

>>151634736
The new world works to differently to YGGDRASIL, not to mention how Ainz can experience sensory shit that his VR implant couldn't reproduce before.
>>
>>151634749
It is essentially a Moonlight Sculptor copy except MC does not put as much effort as weed. He initially discovers the archery and cooking and thats it. The rest though focuses on him for other reason - the developers testing concious AI and he just happens to attract the AI`s attention. He`s not the strongest player there. He is however lucky to gain favor of the AI.
>>
>>151634600
>worse-than-Hitler
She's working her way up. She just eliminated all bees. She'll get to bigger pests eventually.
>>
>>151634715
Choujin koukousei-tachi isn't harem by far I read the manga, the story starts from 7 students who genius at their talents then somehow transported to another world. Since the village that they live right now is suppressed by the noble, then they will help them possibility creates the country since one of the student is prime minister (that's why I said if you don't mind highschool boy/girl trope).
For something like you said, I don't find it yet, sorry.
>>
>>151634679
At this point, my point stands, game turns real argument was never disputed. However, the worldbuilding at this point might as well be holes here and there. Why the game? Why does the magic focus on the creations? Where are the developers this far into the series. At this point, worldbuilding is not exactly good.
>>
>>151634793
>Hes not the strongest player there

He solo's bosses meant for full parties, everyone at various crafting halls swarms him on entry to steal crafting ideas from him, and he is currently undefeated in the manga.

So you could have fooled me.
>>
>>151634667
Wait the slave thing has been done before?
>>
File: disgusting.gif (3MB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.gif
3MB, 675x380px
>>151634667
>fujo sperg in a loli body
The author should be shot for coming up with such a terrible girl.
>>
>Guy gets reincarnated/transported/summoned to another world
>Not as a hero, but as the demon king
>Demonic powers mutate him; horns, hooves, probably a four-headed echidna dick too. I don't know, use your imagination
>Demons must obey him, as they're not strong enough to usurp him. They just needed him to be their strongest force.
>Told he is destined to be slain by the hero
>Hero shows up, and it's just a little kid
>Kid outright cries from fear; shitty hero
>Demon King decides to befriend the hero
>Entire story is a heavy political debate on allowing Demons into Human settlements and such through diplomacy, and how they try to get along
>Nothing cute or happy; dark as fuck with violence and gore, underhanded nobles, asshole aristocrats, and all that shit. The only safe image is the Hero walking with the Demon King as friends.
>>
>>151634823
I'll check it out, I'm a big sucker for stories that involve any kind of politics, economics or more authentic war tactics.
>>
>>151634841
>>151634793
Also, my main issue is that he acheives all this while supposedly having less time to play per day than the average player, which is why he originally didn't join any group for raiding.
>>
>>151634851
>fujo sperg
>not a 90 yo grandma from Meiji Era that enjoys her new body
>>
>>151634785
>The new world works to differently to YGGDRASIL, not to mention how Ainz can experience sensory shit that his VR implant couldn't reproduce before.
Safeties are off. It was in that prologue chapter that came with the bluerays. Apparently hacking was a big concern because it hooked up directly into the brainstem and could make the brain see/think anything. Again, which is more likely, a 10 year old game console hooked up with after market parts burned iself out or there's an other unvierse out who's sole purpose in existence is to make copies of video game worlds to give wish fulfillment to lonely japanese salary workers?
>>
>>151634736
>>151634785
Wait a minute, did you guys only make these explanations up and they are only theories? If so, then by all means, I hate you both for essentially making shit up.
>>
>>151634881
Just like real MMOs. FOTM classes and mechanics and exploiters win.
>>
>>151634888
Yes. She's a sperg. She shouts random anime bullshit while the MC is trying to have a proper conversation and can't shut up about how much she likes little boys.
>>
>>151610568
Reincarnated as a panty
>>
>>151634881
Well you can imagine it's mondaiji-tachi but with strategy.
The LN was written by Rakudai's author. It doesn't get translated yet sadly. Also by story, I think it will get the anime in the future.
>>
>>151634932
Punchline exists and its technically reincarnation story
>>
>>151612655
That ending always killed my sides
>>
>>151634835
Your argument was that it was a game world turned real and it isn't.
Also, the author is clearly keeping that kind of details for later, since MC is still learning to interact with the new world.
And even without that, worldbuilding is pretty good. The author develops a lot of side characters, countries and shit, to the point that there are volume almot entirely focused on side characters rather than the MC.

>>151634905
This >>151634736 is just that anon's theory, everything else is 100% true.
My theory is that some magic bullshit was involved and that the Yggdrasil tree is somehow real. The game's lore mentioned that each leaf of the Yggdrasil tree was a different world so the new world might be exactly that. If this is true, then I expect Nidhogg (who was mentioned in the game's lore as the Devourer of World and was its final boss) to show up sooner or later to fuck shit up.
>>
>>151634922
Yes, but somehow he was one of the only ones to be doing this, and then on top of that he remained basically the best once everyone else caught on and had supposedly far more time to invest in the game than him. By now people should have caught up to his level.
>>
>>151634959
I want MC to cover all kinds of pussies in a medieval setting. Kinda like that VN where MC can turn into all kinds of objects while molesting girls at the same time.
>>
Why don't we have a VRMMO story that's about PvP and guild competition, politics and drama instead of overpowered MC circlejerking?

Imagine an EvE/UltimaOnline/Lineage based VRMMO anime.
>>
>>151634972
>By now people should have caught up to his level.
>people desperately raiding useless dungeons in parties wasting time and leveling in low profit Fairy World areas
>MC is leveling in party with Overpowered NPCs carrying him in high level Fairy Areas

Also he is NOT the strongest, no idea where you get it. There are far higher tier players than him, he essentially himself is on mid levele newbie level. He does not meat "lvl 80" players, since they level in different regions duh while he spends time in newbie areas.
>>
>>151635032
umhh whats Moonlight Sculptor and why its by far the most popular VRMMO story btfoing SAO and the likes easily?

its largely comedy though. So while having guild competition, politics and drama the way it is all resolved is absurd often.
>>
>>151635032
Because most of these writers are anti social and have never bothered with the social aspects of MMOs instead opting for being solo players.

Thus most of them can't write about the parts about MMOs that require interacting with other players seeing as they haven't really had any experience doing so.
>>
>>151635032
Welcome your new Chinese Overlords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNTL9UT4hg
>>
>>151635084
Log Horizon exists. Though its PvE carebear shit. Japanese are not into PvP, at least Korean novels focus on it since Koreans actually do PvP.
>>
>>151635085
>Chinese
The last time we got a Chinese anime, it was absolute shit. We don't need another Bloodivores.
>>
>>151635066
Sounds fun, I will look into it.

As someone who spend so much time in sandbox MMOs, it really seemed off to me how we didn't get any anime about that.
>>
>>151635103
Cupid's something, wasn't it?
>>
>>151635103
To be fair the novel is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>151635103
You are just envyous it looks better and animated greadly than Type Moon shit. Bloodyvores was no budget QUALITY.
>>
>>151634952
Wait, my post was for this >>151634865
>>
>>151635120
>i will look into it
Get ready reading 46 translateed to date volumes then heh (its worth it). Out of 60 or so and ongoing?

Best start with manga though, since its easy entry and then switch to novel.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dalbic-Jogaksa
>>
>>151635102
Well, the koreans did make both Lineage games after all.

While most popular japanesse mmos have basically no pvp whatsoever, like FFXI and XIV.
>>
>>151635102
Yeah, MOST of them.

LH is one of the few where you can actually tell the author has played a proper MMO with a real guild and all.

I agree that PvP is vastly underused, while it's kind of understandable in 'transported into the game' shit in anything else where it's just a normal game the whole aversion or taboo towards PvP is kind of dumb.
>>
>>151634969
However parts of the game world still stands as real. So essentially, it's just the game mechanics being put into advantage. Also, theories are theories. Unless it actually occurs, it is just speculation that has a chance to not be true. Worldbuilding is not that good, honestly. With holes like these, you cannot call this good with the pacing. The foundation became weak with this sort of explanation. It doesn't bother to investigate further especially as there's off-tangents within the story, alot of them. That does not make worldbuilding good. I'll get to another post as to why the 'development' is not exactly good.
>>
>>151632926
Damn, she got to live as a yakuza daughter and her tracker as a hobo.
>>
>>151635102
LoL, starcrafft and recently dota?
>>
>>151635180
This is why its refreshing reading Moonlight Sculptor, where MC looking at some player (friend or foe) first thing estimates worth of the the loop that`ll drop from them on death, litterally.
>>
>>151635129
Well the anime sure isn't a good indication of it, that's for sure. The lack of decent animation, poor pacing, and that god awful cliffhanger that made literally no sense really fucked my opinion. Nothing happened; it kept building up and building up, but nothing interesting came of it. Dude gets stabbed in the heart with a biologically grown (and fully folded,wrapped, and ready katana), just acts like nothing happened. The big bad isn't even that bad of a guy, just a real prick. There were so many terrible things in that show that just came out of left field, as if the plot was being written on the fly.

I'll look into the novel, but I'm not expecting much after that horrible show. I don't even know why I watched it to the end.

>>151635130
Where in the world did you get Type Moon?
>>
File: what.jpg (14KB, 172x182px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
14KB, 172x182px
>>151635185
Not him but are you pretending to be retarded? The world building in Overlord focuses on the new world, not on the game part. If you had even watched the anime you would know that.
I fucking fell for the bait again.
>>
>>151635224
Weed is not called "God of War" for nothing. He pretty much killed everyone at least once in previous game he played as well continously griefed individuals and whole guilds for loot, to raise his skills etc. So everyone hated him as worst PK, but respected as unbeatable "God of War".
>>
>>151635243
Sorry, this one is my fault, shoud've said that I was talking about TKA >>151635085
>>
>>151635248
I do like the fact that the "New World" Has it's own set of rules, and everything from Yggdrassil is FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.

Like the normal magic people use is from fucking Yggdrassil. So normally the "New world" doesn't have magic save for their "Wild Magic" which uses human souls to fucking power. And everything clashes because of the New World fucking with Ygg rules, resulting in stuff in the New World that Yggdrassil could never have. Such as a crown that can turn someone into a magical tool to perform rituals way the fuck out of your league.
>>
>>151609945
>unironically

That is true, MC being a complete loner and all and the audience waiting for that full nuclear moment to the surface world outside the dungeon.
>>
>>151634969
Ok, do you want me to end here on the the whole side plot because basically what it's going to come down to is endless arguments over the whole side plot throughout the thread and you're going to respond with "opinion" (which is a bullshit defense argument). Honestly, I'm too tired. I'd rather end here.
>>
File: 1381016977086.png (950KB, 1226x720px) Image search: [Google]
1381016977086.png
950KB, 1226x720px
>>151635032

Not really a VRMMO but close.
>>
>>151624357
>White mage as a nun.

What is this, 1993?
>>
>>151635354
As other anons said, it's PvE carebear shit though.

I'm reading the manga of that Moonlight Sculptor thing and as a longtime Lineage 2 player I already feel the vibes.
>>
Best Isekai are shoujo non-combat Isekai

From Maid to Mother
and that one about girl reincarnating as little girl in fantasy nobles family
>>
>>151628188
>An aristocratic
>ghost/specter
>Playboy
I add people into my harem to conquer the world and have sex with people in their dreams since I don't have a physical dick. I have to avoid exorcists, witches, gods, and heroes that are trying to stop my meddling.
My end goal is to unite the world and start construction of a super weapon that allows me to become a god by having a ritual of taking away 1,000 virginity on a holy site for all nation.

Wow, that actual sounds more like a good villain than a protagonist
>>
>>151628278
Because you'd have to make up what the otherworlder carries over since it's a blank world meaning sky's the limit. You normally have an idea of what basic knowledge a normal earthling carries over to the otherworld.
>>
>>151635248
The reason why we are in the whole fucking mess with the new fucking world is because of the game. You have that game part established and you have not even solved it with no actual insight as how to explain it. SERIOUSLY. You fanbases use the bullshit bait boogeyman argument and essentially are off in your goddamn safe spaces of wanting to hear any kind of damn points. First off, I did not know about the new world part since I did not read that far into the series. Second, you insult despite the fact because of how the game was introduced and involved, you decide to insult me saying it is not involved when that matter should be. How dare you?
>>
>>151635484
*not wanting
Fuck this, I'm tired.
>>
>>151635426
I just want a fucking blacksmithing Isekai. Maybe hire some fucking adventurers to protect/fight with you while goddamn mining, bringing the ore back to smith weapons and start some drama with the current country demanding/conscripting them to make swords because of their quality. Except the MC goes "Lolfuckthat" grabs a couple adventurers and bounces out and travels to learn more.
>>
>>151628188
Aristocratic Demon Economist.

I would call myself 'Soros'.
>>
>guy is loner outcast hated by all class mates
>bullied relentlessly by classmates
>whole class gets summoned by nobles of another world
>told there's a demon lord that has been reincarnated and we the summoned heroes need to band together to defeat him
>magic item reads our potential as a hero
>everyone gets awesome cheats and is OP as fuck
>except MC who got useless skill thats garbage
>everyone laughs at MC and bullies bully him again
>MC gets cucked and his beloved gets fucked by chad thundersword
>but little did they know that MC's ability is more than it seems
>also he saves an elf slave from being raped by a noble and ends up as her master
>she throws herself at MC but he's to good of a person to take advantage of her
>she's also a loli
so guys what do you think of my story idea? totally original right?
:^)
>>
>>151635521
There are a couple blacksmith isekai. Just not exactly the way you described.
>>
I want an isekai where the MC has to run a country but also advances the technology with his knowledge.

Think something like 12 Kingdoms meets Drifters.
>>
>>151635484
>First off, I did not know about the new world part since I did not read that far into the series
So you didn't watch past the first episode or read past the first chapter? Why are you even bothering to critique something you haven't actually watched/ read?
>>
>>151635560
Release that witch
LN with exactly that premise
>>
>>151635484
>I didn't read that far into the series
That's literally explained in the first volume of the LN and the first episode of the anime.
Also, I don't get why you need the whole "parts of the game turned real" thing explained immediately. It's not like the author isn't planning to explain it, it's just that this series is about the MC having to find out and learn shit by himself instead of having some deity show up and explain everything in the first chapter.
Right now the story is focused on the MC learning about the new world and how to deal with it, but it's obvious that eventually he will find out why he was sent there and the details about it.
>>
>>151635584
That extremely ecchi, harem-y one?

It seemed interesting, but while haremshit won't generally stop me from reading something interesting, it was a bit much.
>>
>>151635580
The first episode was literally Nazarick. It was literally introduced as 'game became reality'. It never once said anything other than, "oh, I can feel things, oh, they are acting in their descriptions, oh, I can see the scenery!". Seriously. Fuck you.
>>
>>151633762

Right. Sorry.

Isekai is a fun demographic.
>>
>>151635484
>Why are you insulting me!
Anon is this your first day here? Besides you shouldn't be trying to criticize something you've no idea about. How they ended up in the new world not being explained will only be a valid criticism when the novel ends and there's none, just because you didn't get a infodump on the first volume doesn't mean it's not being explained throughout the novel, this was already mentioned multiple times by the other anon too.
>>
>>151635551
I'll have to look for them. I'm not talking "Super fucking OP" But more along the lines of "Hey I have a fresh viewpoint and can put fresh ideas to use with established techniques" And churns out stuff a little better.

I've been thinking of writing a little story of a guy getting reborn into some kind of royalty unknowingly, partners up with a childhood friend who gets drunk off the power from being said friend, keeps the MC in the dark about everything, eventually pretty much just using the MC until slipping up while talking and showing a crack. MC finds out, fucks off to do all the shit he wanted to do.
Pretty much disappears for a year or two or more, shows back up all scarred the fuck up after being a retard and running off by himself, to confront his supposed heritage problems.
>>
>>151635630
There is no harem the witches that come under him admire and respect MC, MC has a love triangle thing going on, but its not brain dead harem shit trust me anon
>>
>>151635658
> It never once said anything other than, "oh, I can feel things, oh, they are acting in their descriptions, oh, I can see the scenery!"
>he literally said all these things except for the scenery thing, which was said in the second episode
Are you stupid?
>>
>>151635608
No no no, it was introduced through the first episode.
> Created characters became real.
> I can feel things through my character.
> The scenery of Nazarick is so cool!
The mc does not need to find out about the new world, he's going off tangent. In fact, most of it is basically a bunch of jobbing for fucks sake.
>>
>>151635658
>>151635713
Wait, I got that wrong. Nevermind, I'm the stupid one.
>>
>>151616113
she likes french fries anon that's her get fat food
>>
>>151635713
In general the anime does cut out a LOT of shit. I think episode 3 is where it goes. "OHwait, where the fuck are we? This isn't Yggdrassil, ohshit will this kill this g-oh he died, neat."
>>
>>151635691
I'm not sure we're talking about the same LN.

I originally read some of it because it was recommended by the guy that translates Vanadis.
It's the one where some sengoku period warrior gets isekai'd right in the middle of a bunch of naked witches with gravity-defying tits and then helps them fend off the attack of the normal humans, right?
>>
>>151635713
Give me a fucking screenshot right now. Unless I missed it, I suggest you show me right now. Because I saw that the video game became real to him. That what I saw and what Ainz saw.
>>
>>151635732
Well the new world is so foreign to him he's a paranoid mess.
>>
>>151635545
Change
>MC gets cucked and his beloved gets fucked by chad thundersword
to
>MC thinks he got cucked by chad thundersword with his beloved but it was just a misunderstanding and she actually loves him and added is to his harem after a few arcs
And you'll have 10/10 next arifureta.
>>
>>151635732
It's not like he is just being lazy.
The MC was thrown into the new world with no explanation or even hint of why or how.
Since he doesn't know what the fuck happened or where he can find someone to explain it to him, he is currently focusing his efforts into understanding the new world and how to properly interact with it and finding other players.
>>
File: JUST.png (61KB, 138x400px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
61KB, 138x400px
>>151635658
>>151635746
>>151635773
>It's literally in the first episode
>>
>>151635773
He's not IN the game world. (As far as we know it.) He's in some other world, which he was thrown into with his character + entire guild base.

Which has happened before in this world with multiple other people and their guild bases. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with the New World and Ygg.
>>
Japanese Isekai often have one problem - they are too restricted by japanese anima/manga conventions so in essence turning into Jrpg as well being quite generic character archtype and event wise. Nip teens who grew up reading nip manga and LNs simply cant write outside of the boundary.

So being fan of isekai genre i follow Japanese, Korean, Chines and Russian one since thats where its most popular.

Japanese Isekai are "animeish" which can be both advantage and downside. Good thing is that its not limited to not one genre (i.e. battle harem), but also uses tropes from others - so theres variety imitating (in 100% cases) some other manga tropes - from shoujo to gag comedy and "isekai" version of pretty much any popular manga.

Koreans are more creative when it comes to making concepts for their stories, comming with some really interesting ones - but character archtype variety is pretty low, MCs are in most cases similar, and koreans often know no bounds going too far with the edgyness, lewdness, ntr etc.

Chinese in general is pure wish fulfillment. Its fun and entertaining, though very often MCs are complete dicks with no morals and happenings generally silly.

Russian isekai is more traditional fantasy/sci-fi , with adult character and concentrating on warfare, politics, epic stories etc. There is no "light novels" or manga in Russia, so all stories are proper novels

To summarize:
Japanese Isekai: NEET reborns in fantasy JRPG world and immidiately gets loli harem

Korean Isekai: an edgy character gets transported through fucked up means in fucked up world where he does fucked up things until he gets NTRed and fucks up the world in revenge

Chinese isekai: a complete idiot gets transported into other world and does idiotic things encoutering other idiots

Russian Isekai: a soldier/programmer with his adult body transported to fantasy world and has to build empire from scrap, industrialize and become dark overlord
>>
File: Reaction_ep02_149.jpg (26KB, 274x250px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction_ep02_149.jpg
26KB, 274x250px
>guy reincarnates in a jrpg world
>it's turn based
>>
>>151635824
>>151635841
Just fucking give a screenshot. I saw nothing but the game becoming real (if I missed it). Because that is what happened. He became his character, his entire guild from the game became real. At this point, it's the typical game becoming real.
>>
>>151635824
I'm this retard here >>151635746
They DO mention it in episode 1, but when he meets with the chief is when he's like "Well shit this isn't the map of any place I know." And it's explicitly thrown in your face that it's not Yggdrassil.
>>
>>151635854
What about good ol' AMERCIAN Isekai bro?
>>
>>151635907
>guy reincarnates in rpg world
>He can only interact through the world by mind controlling 4-6 people in a party.
>He can only make them move and attack, occasionally he can force them to speak specific lines of dialogue.
>The party is aware they are being controlled but powerless to stop him
>>
>>151635791
We barely fucking hear his thoughts nowadays. I don't know what you mean by paranoid.
>>151635799
I fail to understand as to how of any of his actions that are prolonging everything gives him the answers to what he's looking for about teammates. I want you to tell me any sense of progress here.
>>
>>151635934
All American Isekai i read are pre 90ths so cant tell. There were some pretty good series focused on historic and folclore stuff.

Lyon Sprague de Camp is probably the most defining for american "isekai" - aka brutal sword and sorcery isekai.
>>
>>151636003
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shea
>>
>>151636003
.. wouldn't D&D count as american Isekai?

/tg/ don't kill me pls.
>>
>>151635986
At this point he is trying to spread the name of Ainz Ooal Gown, since everyone in YGGDRASIL knew that name, in order to attract players.
Again, it's not like he has a clear path he needs to follow in order to get what he wants and he is choosing to avoid it, he is just trying his best to deal with the shitty situation he was thrown in.
>>
>>151635981
>The party is aware they are being controlled but powerless to stop him
>the party is all cute girls

Yeah, only a matter of time untill this happens. It will propably sell like hotcakes ttoo.
The doujins will literally write themselves too, it's a win-win.
>>
>>151635928
It was episode 2, Sebas only said there is a problem while Ainz was wondering about communications.
>>
I want an isekai with a Sci fi protagonist, like ironman in shield hero world. that would be dope as fuck
>>
>>151636019
no, since in DnD novels you dont have protaganist from our world
>>
>>151636111
He realizes it in Episode 1 when he groped Albedo. His game world wouldn't have allowed that.
>>
>>151636041
If he wanted to spread the name, then why is he using his alter ego like a hero. Seriously, he doesn't need to involve himself further and just go forward with a reign of terror at this point against the assholes. It can easily be done.
>>
>>151635986
Everything seems to "take too long" because he's paranoid and operates as if something or someone can blindsided him at any moment. And certain coincidences lets him interpret as such, like enemies having world-class items.
>>
>>151636111
Just stop you both.

Overlord is about MC being in coma after his brain got fried by the VR device when the game went offline, and hallucinating everything that is happening to him.
>>
>>151623111
Just make the world your party member
>>
File: dumb.png (3MB, 1364x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
3MB, 1364x1536px
>>151635909
>>151635928
It's in episode 1, Ainz already starts thinking it might be another world. He never mentions anything like "Did the game become real?".
>>
>>151636019

Not really.

I'd say something like John Carter of Mars counts though.
>>
>>151636135
Again, I saw that as just the game world becoming real only except rules no longer apply. He could see that as well.
>>
>>151636176
Because everyone knows his guild, and he's not the strongest guild. And there are literal game breaking items. Such as "Spear of Longinus" Where it just deletes the character it's used on and used by.

He doesn't want to rule the world evilly. It's all the NPC's he views as children fucking shit up and he's trying not to get killed by disappointing them all.
>>
>>151636124
>iron armor has amazing defense and mobility but all armaments are either cockblocked by lol status magic or are magic-based
At least tony can get himself a harem and a lab in fabuley.
>>
>>151636219
Another world that involves his game. At this point, this is literally the game becoming real.
>>
>>151636255
True, but he also steps outside/sends Sebas Tian to check, and learns he's not in Yggdrassil, because they lived in a dark as fucking swamp surrounded by a deadly forest, which was in a world ruled by evil monsters and monster-like PC's.
>>
>>151636317
You are baiting at this point, faggot. Just shut up instead of embarassing yourself.
>>
>>151636317
Any other story would probably have left it at that, but this other world has it's own laws of nature and magic, that all the shit coming from Yggdrassil is fucking everything up.
>>
>>151634002
Might as well send the Beasts and the Types at the same time.
>>
>>151636331
Seriously, it's been over a year. I'll be honest here, I haven't been involved with the series after the anime ended that well. Details are pretty foggy and I forgot and that is my mistake, I admit that.
>>
>>151636176
Because A) even with his emotions repressed he still isn't a sadistic asshole, just extremely pragmatic, B) he probably doesn't want to do shit that would make his guildmates hate him and C) like >>151636267 said, he is ultra paranoid and hasn't realized he is the strongest being in the world. He believes that there are stronger people and groups hiding somewhere and is nervous about them attacking them if he gets too careless.
>>
>>151636426
I'm not trying to win any argument here. I just want people to enjoy more things. Though I've probably just ended up perpetuating the stereotyping of "FUCKING OVERLORDFAGS" So I apologize on that end.
>>
>>151636347
Fuck you, asshole.
>>151636396
Honestly, there has been no hints since the third book (if I'm correct) and I fail to see where it can go.
>>
>>151636463
Even though it would take the entirety of NW just to contain nazarick until fresh players arrive the next century
>>
>Reincarnate as a buff warrior goddess
>Forced to listen to pervert old dad god due to his bitch obey skill
>World is Tactics Turn Based
>Worshippers are an advanced race of Wasp Pacifists.
>Have to find way to usurp dad's control over you and the bug people.
>>
>>151636598
So like god of war meets tta?
>>
>>151608815
I want a different type of isekai. It will start of like this
>MC is in school
>suddenly his stomach started to hurt
>he went to the toilet
>his whole class got summon while he was in the toilet
>MC went to class to suddenly see whole class is gone
>a group of special agents close the school
>MC is taken by special agents
>it looks like the disappearing occurrence that has been happening around the world is because of this whole summoning shenanigan
>MC is one of the special people that avoided getting summoned
>he joins the other special people
>all of them have potential to gain special abilities because they are one of the people that was supposed to be summon
>they and a whole team of special agents have been tasked to save everyone from other worlds
>even by force
>some country would even start to send nukes to the other world if their people were not saved
>>
>>151633929
> distilled water.
>>
>>151636598
I wonder if there will ever be a fire-emblem based isekai?
>>
>>151633929
> Implying some demons don't fly.
>>
Rate isekai plot
>MC is reincarnated as a kobold
>Before you rage, nope. No hax skills just for existing
>The only thing MC has is his human intelligence
>MC can't level up, doesn't have any bullshit abilities like skill copying
>Only thing he can do is try his best Tuckers Kobolds impression and abuse dungeon environment and traps to victory
>And that's only if he can convince all the other kobolds he should be the one in charge
>The dragon that rules over the kobold would not take to kindly to his usurpation of rule
>MC has to balance leading the kobolds intelligently and playing dumb enough that the Dragon doesn't suspect him of getting too uppity.
>Also the dragon is a girl
>>
Did anyone here read the first vol of Saihate no Paladin? How was it?
>>
>>151636612
Pretty much.

>>151636598
Forgot to add

>Numerous sisters. No brothers. Dad killed them for skills
>Skills obtained from defeated gods is random. Luck stat is too low to boost chance of getting the good ones. Have to grind in spare time to barely boost it.
>Start off getting less viable skills like sewing, cooking, or bloodlust from beaten Gods due to low stats needed for them.
>Bloodlust makes you psychotic in battle and (slightly) heals you when bathed in blood. Res decreases madness and boosts healing. Have low Res.
>Younger sisters are sold off to other gods for alliances to make up ofr your mistakes due to being too crazy to lead in battle.
>>
File: 1469748847546.jpg (25KB, 398x428px) Image search: [Google]
1469748847546.jpg
25KB, 398x428px
>>151622083
A realist kingdom chronicles ect ect
Release that Witch
A Hero's War
>>
>>151636838
Without spoiling everything. It was a good setup, though now it leaves me wanting to see how everything is going to go. To be honest I'd probably wait for more of it to come out.
>>
>>151637047
Thanks anon, keeping and eye on it since it seems pretty solid.
>>
>>151637019
Are those LNs, manga, or what?
>>
>>151635854
list some russian ones
sound interesting
>>
>>151637113
http://www.litmir.co/bs/?g=sg161&hc=1&rs=5%7C1%7C0
>>
File: Gordan.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Gordan.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
I wonder what would happen if Gordan Ramsay were sent to isekai? We had a mix between Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji and Gordan Ramsay in manga Hell's kitchen. You can make a goldmine.
> Demon lord, THIS IS FUCKING RAW.
> YOU CALL THIS A HERO SANDWICH, HERO?
> THIS DEVIL'S FOOD AND YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING MAKE IT AS A DEMON?
>>
File: 1471372554368.png (651KB, 795x475px) Image search: [Google]
1471372554368.png
651KB, 795x475px
>>151637093
>literally google away wew
anyway
it's
LN
CN
WN
Here's two more
Law of the Devil (CN)
Bathrobe Knight (WN)

On a related note, Daniel Black is one the best wish-fulfilment isekai novels with some town management.
>MC given knowledge of biology/molecular magic
>harsh and unforgiving world
>ntr
>>
>>151637199
>it's all in snow rune
o-oh...
>>
>>151637258
Where's the Donkey?
>>
>>151635560
There's one with MC being married to the Queen after he got isekai'd to her Universe by her.

Last chapter I read was him basically trying to get electricity working.
>>
>>151635748
nope, this one actually have world building and support character development.
no forced harem
>>
>>151635545
Garbage self-fulfillment revenge. I beat MC get top OP abilities later and proceed to kill, destroy, and humiliate everyone.
>>
A-any incest isekai?
>>
>>151637631
>Thought it wouldn't be that hard to find
>It is
I'm actually surprised, iirc there was one with a succubus mother but I don't read it.
>>
>>151637631
Angel Sanctuary
>>
>>151637461
Name?

>>151637525
Is it on BT or do I have to google for translator's blog?
>>
>>151636672
FE Fates Revelation was kind of isekai in a way.
>>
File: Vol-01-A.jpg (731KB, 1957x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Vol-01-A.jpg
731KB, 1957x1400px
>>151637957
Risou no himo seikatsu
>>
Thank you anons, tons of stuff to read from anons in this thread.
I got hooked up to that MMO manhwa already and that Realist kingdom and Release the Witch LNs seem like I'd really enjoy, I'll get to reading them once I'm done with the new Vanadis chapters and Rakuin no Monshou.
Wish you a happy new year anons, even though it's still 11hours till 2017...
>>
>>151637993
The only one who got to Isekai is the six characters from FE Awakening.

Valla was once naturally part of Fatesland in the past till they built it to get away from the fighting.
>>
>>151637854
Succubus mother went to somewhere later though.

>>151637927
Read the synopsis, it's not isekai.
>>
>>151608815
i prefer those who doesn't need to be RPG games ripoff with MMORPG shit in it.
we already had SAO and it was shit, i don't need a "SSS Danger level" to know that a 3m high fucking mantis could rip my asshole through my teeth !
>>
>>151638011
Holy shit, I forgot about this. Stopped midway vol. 3
>>
>>151637631
NGNL
>>
>>151638661
NBR
>>
>151627169
>Reincarnated as a loli.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man

not reincarnated, but transferred to a fantasy world, but that's close enough
>>
>>151639415
oops, messed up the quote

this was supposed to go to >>151627169
>>
File: 1471483781017.jpg (39KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1471483781017.jpg
39KB, 728x546px
>>151610568
>honorable elf battle nun waifu reincarnated as 6'7" black thug in Detroit
>has to adapt to being a man and a thug
>tries to get back to her world
>but falls in love with her senpai
>>
>shota boy was born and grew up on an isolated island because his mother isekai'd there
>his mother died from an illness
>a mysterious gate appears where isekai'd people arrive who do or do not seek harm
>boy knows the island as good as his own backyard, repels the forces
>sometimes good-natured people arrive who'll give a helping hand despite language-differences in hope to find a way back to their world

Please let the reincarnated trope die out, reverse isekai is much better
>>
>>151641295
>isekai version of The Most Dangerous Game but with a shota as Zaroff
I need
>>
>>151630447
What's a Nightblade? I know it's Elder Scroll thingy but what the real definition of it?
>>
>>151632497
This. El Hazard was great and still holds up damn well.
>>
>>151637957
>Is it on BT or do I have to google for translator's blog
Not him.
By google it in Mandarin I can literally read it at the 1st link, but only because I can read chinks.
>>
>>151631756
True, but that's was a smart move I'd say as "what's this?" get real old real fast, especially when the reader already knows what the thing is.
>>
File: laura_s_arseid_67606.jpg (66KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
laura_s_arseid_67606.jpg
66KB, 300x450px
>>151645262
>TFW live in a country where it's easy as fuck to buy chink translated LNs, but neglected chink studies in my youth so can't read them
>>
>>151608815
What's he gonna do with 6000 slimes?
>>
>>151635934
Wish fulfillment + sex e.g. Daniel Black
>>
>>151628027
Sounds interesting. What's the name of the manga?
>>
>>151616177
Superhuman, HOT demon friends. And she had a submission device or something to control the one with the hots for kinda her.
>>
>Moonlight Sculptor

The MC's Garry Stu-ness would make Kirito blush desu, but at least he's fun and the setting much better.
>>
>>151635545
It's sad that with a few minor changes you could make that description fit for most of the isekai LNs that are picked up by translators.
>>
>>151617987
As it's been mention, Ixion Saga does the comedic treatment that Konosuba fans enjoy, but also precedes the fad of isekais having "gamey" tropes/elements, so much of the worldbuilding and stuff is more enjoyable and better done.
>>
I want a nation-building battle-royale isekai, where there's no magic, and each classmate who gets isekai'd is assigned a duchy or feud to lead and they build up their nations and armies and fight each other with late-medieval armies.
>>
>>151635907
Everyone are turnbased except for him
>>
File: IMG_1917.jpg (595KB, 1690x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1917.jpg
595KB, 1690x1200px
There's also the one where the MC comes from what seems like a chinese-manhua super martial arts setting where he was already OP as fuck.
>>
>>151636618
>so we're some kind of reverse isekai squad?
>>
>>151636618
So they go to rescue to summoned, aka kidnapped, students? You'll need something else to make the government help, like, say, making the love interest (who gets summoned away too) the daughter of the president or some shit.
>>
>>151650764
How would you say "de-isekai"? Un-isekay? Re-sekai?
>>
Is the shield hero manga still running?
>>
>Entire Earth falls into rogue wormhole and ends up in a different world on the outer edge of the Goldilocks zone, with multiple other planets closer to the sun.
>>
>>151637317
I'm 7 hours and 30 minutes late but fuck you for ever recommending Law of the Devil.
>>
>>151652465
Is it much shit?
>>
>>151651259
Yes, next chapter this january. Expect korean scans somewhere around the 5th
>>
>>151652527
It's the worst possible shit. It starts of somewhat good but then the author seems to be replaced with an alien that has only a vague concept of what is funny to a human and it turns into the most awful and weird shitshow I've ever had the displeasure of reading.
>>
>>151634545
That one feels like it's probably surprisingly common since. I know of at least one where a hero is resummoned by the demon side to save them from the humans and the demons are very rarely depicted as being truly malevolent in isekai.
9/10 it turns out that the demons are poor trodden upon things that the mean humans persecute.
>>
>>151655785
Name?
>>
>>151655785
Pretty much, since they don't want to play it straight and depict the demons as typical bad guys.

I'm sure there's something like that there if you dig deeper into narou.
>>
>>151610728
My stomach hurts, holy shit
>>
>>151631623
Best shit
>>
>>151636618
Isn't this already a movie? It goes something like "this fantasy world isn't real! The older world is better" but the people who got summoned will be all resistant then something evil happens and the MC is all like "see! I was right" and then typical things go the MC's way even though they shouldn't stuff.
>>
>>151655785
I know there's that one where they accidentally summon the MC who isn't really the demon lord but he has to act the part until the demons figure out how to get the actual demon lord back. He does an okay job iirc. But I can't remember much else. They're kind of old stories actually. Like a year+ old which is pretty old for this quick moving modern day age.
>>
>>151652137
Does stargate count as isekai if they come back?
>>
Is .hack old Isekai?
>>
File: woo.jpg (357KB, 460x604px) Image search: [Google]
woo.jpg
357KB, 460x604px
Can we have a reverse isekai where some elf girl from a land with monsters, power levels, classes, and RPG moves gets transported to Earth and has to adapt to the mundanity and disappointment?
>>
>>151660997
>not getting praised as an idol and becoming famous
>>
>>151660835
Yes
>>
>>151655785If you replace demon side with bad side, there's that one that got an anime adaptation where the mc and some people can use magic swords they pull from their soulss (swords, not lances), and other users can submit their souls and powers (and disappear by soing so) to other users, and one of the mc's party members, before he turned good, made someone submit to him by promising he'd spare his pregnant wife, which he immedieatly proceeded to kill afterwards. The one where when someone gets isekaied thei alter ego in that world does too, and they echange places.

So yeah, in that one he bad guys get one of them to mutually isekai with the mc's school bully, who kinda becomes the main antagonist I think. I think the manga's name starts with A.
>>
The concept of isekai is fine, but I hate the kind that adds in some sort of half-assed RPG mechanics.
Though I'd prefer straight-played fantasy. It feels there's not enough of that these days.

Now reverse-isekai, that is the stuff. Give me more fantasy characters having to make do in the modern world.
>>
>>151635934
Fantasy warrior falls through a portal and lands in America. He meets a college dropout who is wandering around, looking for a purpose in life. They bro it up and go on a cross country roadtrip. It would show how fantastic our world is by showing it through the eyes of a stranger.
>>
>>151637317
>Bathrobe Knight (WN)

Wait what? Bathrobe Knight has town building? Which volume? I might have to pick it up if that's the case.
>>
>>151637957
>Is it on BT or do I have to google for translator's blog?

He literally said it here >>151635584
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/
>>
File: misplaced.jpg (50KB, 304x497px) Image search: [Google]
misplaced.jpg
50KB, 304x497px
>>151608815
I prefer good aka western isekai. At the very least don't always make it video gamy
>>
>>151665264
>tfw sounded like GC but don't remember that last part
>>
>>151635560
Try A Hero's War. There's the actual hero summoned to find the mcguffin sword to stop the demon/zombie army with his harem (a harem built by the queen to kinda comtrol him and which he's kinda sick of for that reason), and an engineery student who somehow tagged along and apeaared in a forest.

Currently the hero has halted his quest and founded a band of guerrile revolutionaries to end a neighbouring country's slavery, and the MC, dean or something of his own university, is busy analizing the magic system, building magic geothermic (or geothaumical) wells to proide energy to the city, and working with his bank to avoid an economical crisis prodiced by the localised deflation that his farming tools and such produced.
>>
>>151667328
Link for the lazy

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3238329/1/A-Hero-s-War
>>
>>151635560
Mind telling me why? I want to know the reasoning for such a thing.
>>
>>151660997
There's Methonium's fat elf manga.
>>
>>151668560
>fat
>>
>>151668909
Yes, fat.
>>
>>151668909
What, does society prefer to call it thicc mow or something?
>>
File: eyecatch8.jpg (640KB, 462x324px) Image search: [Google]
eyecatch8.jpg
640KB, 462x324px
>>151633529
I want to be reincarnated as a bear.
>>
File: åpesäpallo.png (118KB, 314x421px) Image search: [Google]
åpesäpallo.png
118KB, 314x421px
Tell me one, only one isekai (that isnt Youjo Senki) which doesnt have the following

>Wish fulfillment
>Harem
>All powerful MC, powerful MC is fine

Oh wait you cant because Isekai is made for otaku pandering. Why are we discussing this thrash genre in the first place?
>>
>>151669570
Depends what you define as "wish fulfillment".
>>
>>151669570
Anime and manga are otaku pandering
More News at 11
>>
>>151630487
I guess its time to go god slaying.
>>
>>151617987
The mc is no jobber, he is good at what he does(like steal) and fails at what he can't do
>>
>>151673455
But how do you kill that of which is unable to be killed?
>>
>>151608815
Whatever Evil Dead 2 counts as.
>>
>>151674448
You mean 3.
>>
File: 1482894480734.gif (3MB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
1482894480734.gif
3MB, 555x312px
>>151623111
>hfw he finally gets Holy
>>
>>151674163
It's a fujoshi, so you kill it... in the inside.
>>
>>151623111
If he can target enemies with healing spells, he could try engaging his patients in combat, heal them, and then escape.

Of course there could be a problem if he enemy is too fast and "Retreat Failed!". Maybe he could tame a normal-sized spider as a pet, join the patient's party, and engage the spider while he does the healing. Patient better just guard though.
>>
>>151651021
Yeah, some countries are like that but some of them have different agendas and some just wanted to save their people. So, there will be lots of different motivations but everyone want to take the students out and send their agents in.

>>151659146
Didn't know there was a movie like that. Name of movie so I know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 20110923035603664.jpg (353KB, 1200x764px) Image search: [Google]
20110923035603664.jpg
353KB, 1200x764px
Was this isekai?

>thinking that anyone left in /a/ is old enough to have watched this on a tv
>>
>>151679528
>We will buildm an interdimensional world, and the middle earthlings will pay for it!

I'm prettysure it'll end with PLAN RED RABBIT
>>
>>151628188
>A,F,G
If I had to pick only 1 then A. So easy to just marry rich and powerful young ladies that do the work for me.
>>
>>151635665
Was that a joke?
>>
>>151638011
what a dumb nigger this guy is...
BOOKS MOTHERFUCKER not a fucking fridge
>>
>>151611052
yes. he now has more vending machine features.
still cant do much else yet.
>>
>>151628188

I'd combine a combination of B, D, H and K.

>be in a party
>go on adventures
>have chef aspirations
>like making swords and armor
>have an affinity for magic
>use it to make chef knives with magical properties
>make food that makes bitches orgasm
>be an orgasmic chef adventurer blacksmith
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.