[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: highly acclaimed directors who have never produced a good anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 39524.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
39524.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
ITT: highly acclaimed directors who have never produced a good anime
>>
>>151575371
ITT: newfags with zero ability to discern good from bad
>>
The creator of BeeTrain. Never seen a studio consistently make bad anime like they do. Its like they go out of their way to ruin shows.
>>
>>151575371
Shinkai
Yamada
Shinbo
>>
how's your first month on /a/ going, OP?
>>
>>151576985
I only know Yamada, but everything she has made has been good (maybe besides KnK, haven't seen it). And K-On is one of the truest masterpieces of the medium.
>>
>>151577141
Everything she has made has been varying degrees of mediocre.
And you don't know Shinkai and Shinbo? Seriously?
>>
>>151576939
>highly acclaimed directors

>the creator of Beetrain

Do you know what "director" means? Or "highly acclaimed," for that matter?

>>151576976
>lol
Fuck off.

>>151577141
>I only know Yamada
Jesus Christ, this thread.
>>
>>151575371
From what I've seen, I think Dezaki's no good. Biggest representative of anime's "overexpressionist" problem that I could name.

>>151576985
Yamada has K-On at least, one of the greatest animated shows, and I like Shinbo's Tenamonya Voyagers.
>>
>>151577272
>I think Dezaki's no good
I should just leave the thread until there's time.
>>
>>151577272
I've not seen a lot of Dezaki's works but I have to concur. If he had to compete in today's industry, he would probably be a complete literally-who.

It's telling that he was never really able to transition to film like his peers.
>>
>>151577141
>knows the less popular of those three
I like KyoAni too, dude, but please don't treat them like they're the only ones that exist.
>>
>>151577272
Go to bed, Miyazaki.
>>
>>151577386
> If he had to compete in today's industry, he would probably be a complete literally-who.

Just like Ikuhara, Shinbo, Nakamura Ryutaro, and all those other adherents of his, right?

>>151577492
Fuck off, false flag or not, you cancerous piece of shit.
>>
@151577492
I know there aren't (You)s anymore,but that shit tier bait doesn't even deserve to be quoted.
>>
>>151577386
His style is pretty much built for TV. He likely wouldn't be a literally-who, but he's definitely known more for his influence than straight up great works.
>>
Tomino is honestly a terrible director. Always has been, always will be.
He should have left the storyboarding and directing to others and just be the idea guy.
>>
>>151577386
>to transition to film like his peers
What? The large majorities of those early guys who came out of Mushi are primarily TV/OVA directors. The only one who really became film-centric is Kawajiri.
>>
>>151577271

The founder of BeeTrain is (was) a highly acclaimed director who founded his own studio. And directed 3/4 of the shows made by his studio.
>>
Goro Miyazaki
>>
>>151577913
>acclaimed
>>
File: Stanley-Kubrick-Birthday-072615.jpg (131KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley-Kubrick-Birthday-072615.jpg
131KB, 970x545px
>>151575371
he's never produced any anime
>>
>>151577933
I see people unironically praising Poppy Hill.
>>
>>151577988

He said highly acclaimed. Not overhyped.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.