[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miyamoto Musashi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: musashi.png (2MB, 1417x1200px) Image search: [Google]
musashi.png
2MB, 1417x1200px
So, which interpretation of Musashi is best to read? Which one would be closer to the real one?

I know the differences between the authors and what they are going for with each of them but still, I think three's worth in comparing them.
>>
>Which one would be closer to the real one?

Are you serious
>>
File: Miyamoto_Musashi.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto_Musashi.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
This qt of course.
>>
>>151515393
Yes, personality wise I think the one by Eiji Yoshikawa, which is the one that Inoue is writing in Vagabond lacks some ferocity, some egoism.
He is the hero idolized after 400 years of him being more famous as a pot maker and as a painter than as a warrior.
In that respect I find the Itakagi interpretation more believable, as a human being with human desires and ego, ambition. A human that was admired and that he took advantage of it.
Maybe in his elderly years he mas more like the Vagabond one, but on his middle years I think the on in Baki is more real.
>>
>>151515360
Unlike Baki, Vagabond is actually good series, so I'd take that.
>>
>>151515360
Vagabond
Everyone in baki is fucking insane
>>
>>151515876
What makes you say Vagabond is a good series and Baki isn't? They both excel at managing to provide what they aim for.
>>
>>151515815
If we're speaking historical accuracy then Kojirou is supposed to be like 40 years older than Musashi to begin with. I don't think it's the intention of any fiction regarding Musashi to give a shit about his actual historical presence, the man is more a myth than a person.
>>
>>151516116
>the man is more a myth than a person.

Actually until the publication of the book by Eiji, he was more known as a painter and a ceramist.

Also it's not all that clear that Kojiro Sasaki is real or not, which is why I loved how in Baki when Tokugawa asks Musashi how Retsu compared to kojiro musashi just answers with a "who?" " I killed more than 60 man in duels, don't expect me to remember all of them", to me that felt more accurate to what a real person would have lived.
>>
>>151515360
If OP or anyone likes Miyamoto Musashi. I suggest you look up Chiba Shusaku. He, in my opinion provided more for Budo than musashi did beyond their life times.
>>
>>151516493
>Chiba Shusaku

>Chiba Shūsaku Taira no Narimasa (千葉 周作 成政?, 1793, Kese Village (now part of Kesennuma, Miyagi Prefecture), Japan – January 17, 1856) was the founder of the Hokushin Ittō-ryū Hyōhō (北辰一刀流兵法) and one of the last masters who was called a Kensei (sword saint). Most historians name him the greatest and strongest Samurai in history, not Miyamoto Musashi. This is because his life and duels are well documented and don't base on legends or on his self told stories, like Musashis.

I guess the mystery or mysticism regarding musashi is what makes him more attractive as a character. Regardless I'm sure there are manga based on him that I will look up now.
>>
>>151517632
Too bad his legacy is now in the hands of a pasty whitopeeg.
>>
>>151516058
>They both excel at managing to provide what they aim for

Well one provides a somewhat interesting story with good art, while the other is ayylmao garbage.
>>
File: 1464695730066.jpg (41KB, 502x620px) Image search: [Google]
1464695730066.jpg
41KB, 502x620px
>>
File: 1449749204600.jpg (103KB, 639x629px) Image search: [Google]
1449749204600.jpg
103KB, 639x629px
>>151518494
>>
>>151516041

yes and that's the good thing about baki

the trolololo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.