[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a sci-fi work, this was some dumb shit. Do they not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

For a sci-fi work, this was some dumb shit. Do they not know basic genetics?
>>
People that know genetics do genetics for a living. These people make anime for manchildren. You can't expect them to be competent in anything, and it's always a pleasant surprise when they get something right.
>>
>>151455798
>You either know genetics well enough to work with it or you don't even know the basics
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>151455718
My personal explanation is that the d-mail changed the past in some unknown way, creating a timeline in which Ruka happened to be born female, rather than change the baby's gender while it wasn't born yet thanks to some random superstition magic.
>>
Pretty sure the child can be either male or female until a few days or weeks into pregnancy.
But yeah, it's bullshit.

>>151455798
This is why I like Gunbuster so much.
You can feel how passionate the creators were about the science in it.

>dolphin brain space ship computers
Ok maybe they went a little bit overboard.
>>
>>151455718
Even the characters themselves were skeptical about the results and Okabe didn't believe it work at first. You're fucking dumb if you can't tell that the vegetables thing is not actually the main cause of the sex change.
>>
>>151457005
>Pretty sure the child can be either male or female until a few days or weeks into pregnancy.

Humans aren't frogs, anon. A human's gender is determined by the sex chromosome present in the sperm cell that fertilizes the egg. If it's X, the child is female. If it's Y, the child is male. Sex chromosomes don't spontaneously change.
>>
Eating lots of vegetables subtly changed the mom's body chemistry, meaning that a sperm with an X chromosome had a slight advantage and fertilized the egg!

That's the only thing I can come up with.
>>
>>151455718
Alimentation definitely plays a role.
Is hospitals, when a really healthy baby is born against all odds, mothers are asked about details on what they did during pregnancy, including alimentation.
>>
>>151455718
>throwing an unknown variable into the past is dumb
>not the part where they use a black hole to compress the state of a human brain to 18 bytes
>>
>>151459573

And if they didn't keep a very precise journal of their diet, it's worth jack shit for research.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.