[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there'll be a problem with Steel Ball Run being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Do you think there'll be a problem with Steel Ball Run being made because of the religious baggage, namely the depiction of Jesus and his corpse?

Provided we get there there of course, started rereading Vento Aureo last week and I'm slowly changing my mind on how I though it'd slow down the Jojo anime adaptations a bit.
>>
>Implying SBR will even get animated.

Although in all seriousness seeing as Drifters has no worry on showing Jesus as the antagonist I think they'll do fine.
>>
>>151351825
Jesus is depicted everywhere. You can't go into a Christian church without seeing a picture of Jesus.
Why aren't the Japanese allowed to do what everybody else is doing?
>>
>>151351861
they're still playing that close to the chest

not explicitly showing the black king as jesus or saying his name grants them the leeway they've been using
>>
File: dugtrio dojyaan.png (885KB, 961x1000px)
dugtrio dojyaan.png
885KB, 961x1000px
>>151351861
gotta have hope, anon. The main reason they wouldn't would be that the anime adaptations lose profitability halfway through either Vento or Stone Ocean.

>>151351887
>people are crazy about religion, even more so if it's done by foreigners. More news at eleven.
sarcasm aside, even if judeo-christian themes are played loosely in modern times, look at what happened with the Stardust Crusaders controversy involving DIO and the Quran in 2001.

>>151352014
exactly, Iesu straight up appears to both Blackmore and Johnny, unless they want to pull a "shadowed face censorship" and refer to him as an unnamed saint.
>>
File: One More Time.jpg (199KB, 600x840px)
One More Time.jpg
199KB, 600x840px
dumb question but Johnny dying doesn't cancel the infinite rotation, right? Those forces were imparted on Valentine and sustain themselves. Johnny'd still lose because of Dio-from-an-alternate dimension sealing the corpse away but Funny was fucked, right?
>>
>>151352209
Funny Valentine probably stopped thinking like Kars and just let the rotation take him everywhere and Johnny proved that the only thing that can only cancel the infinite rotation was another one but with an opposite rotation just like he did on himself so Valentine's fucked.
>>
>>151351825
Not anime and manga fuck off
>>
>>151352209
Yes. The only thing that could have saved him is an infinite rotation with the opposite chirality.
>>
File: trap waifus.jpg (145KB, 851x768px)
trap waifus.jpg
145KB, 851x768px
>>151352303
>>151352328
I thought so but then got confused when Johnny shot himself in Part 8. Is Johnny's corpse still spinning under that boulder/grave or did he shoot himself with Act 2?
>>
File: kars wiseau.jpg (30KB, 600x369px)
kars wiseau.jpg
30KB, 600x369px
>>151352327
what's the disqualifying factor here? Using a webm from a video game or the speculation about religious nuts prevent SBR from being adapted?
>>
>>151352468
That you failed to mention the picture is unrelated and have derailed the course of the board with unnecessary image and post that should have been put within the JoJo thread that already exist and you have now lowered the standard for JoJo's with your benevolent shitposting.
>>
>>151352476
yeah. likeliest explanation.

crazy if Johnny's bones made an appearance though.
>>
>>151352400
I'm guessing the shot he used to shoot himself wasn't a infinite rotation one and was just a normal nail bullet.We did see Act 4 combine Act 3's hole and hide in it during the Diego fight so he can probably choose which Act type of attack Act 4 can use which it can then choose if he want to boost it using the super spin.
>>
File: Kakyoin Hat.jpg (63KB, 453x340px)
Kakyoin Hat.jpg
63KB, 453x340px
>>151352523
Didn't want to shit up the existing Jojo thread/wanteda quick answer/knew of the mojo thread but me this one anyway because I want to think that /a/ isn't all generals, that you can start a thread without turning it into one. The filename is Jojo related, but if the thread offends you that much I'll delete it.
>>
Saint oniisan exists, so lol
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.