[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT exact times an anime has jumped the shark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: One million zeros.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
One million zeros.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>151350437
I disagree with your pic, but in general it's hard to think of specific times when a show started to decline. Even Naruto was GOAT in certain sections in part 2.

Otherwise, that part in WataMote where Tomoko is kneeling to that boy and her cousin sees her. I wouldn't say that's where the show's quality started to decline exactly, but it is the point where nothing that came after was as cringeworthy/shocking as that bit.

Also, I guess when they turned the Rail Tracer into a regular character in Baccano? Maybe?
>>
Gorilla
>>
>>151350437
I wouldn't say it was that moment. For me at least, having finished rewatching it a while ago, I'd say the episode where Shirley regains her memories, consults with Suzaku and then gets killed by Rolo fits that description more. There's nothing wrong with that plot development(RIP Shirley ;_;) but that was the same episode where Jeremiah's schtick is revealed, then his past was revealed and then he changed sides. It was just a really rushed story arc. And the next episode had them deal with the Geass order and that also lasted only an entire episode. And this breakneck pacing continued pretty much until Lelouch became emperor.

It made me think Code Geass might've worked better as two gigantic novels instead of two 25-episode shows.
>>
>>151350437
One million × zero is still zero.
>>
>>151350437
That pretty late for geass though, it was much earlier
>>
That happened long after Euphinator.
>>
>>151350916
Read the name of thread it says
>exact times an anime has jumped the shark
not
>moments anime transcended logic reason reality while stumbling over itself only to use that moment to reach heights no one has ever seen before
>>
Nah Shirley's death and the Geass effect on her wearing off was the actual shark being jumped.
>>
>>151352165
This. No matter how much you like or hate the show, there is no arguing that Euphinator was the biggest shark-jumping committed in all of anime.
>>
No, it was this moment.
>>
To the anon who posted PV

Would you rip the whole stream please?
We'd like to watch it wholly.
>>
>>151350437
CG jumped the shark at least four times and that's what made it good.
>>
>>151351880
Incorrect. One million x 1 Zero = 1 Zero.
>>
>>151353817
It literally did a barrel roll over 59 sharks and used live crocodiles as ski shoes. It was a wild ride
>>
>>151353627
That's probably my favorite of the whole series...
>>
>>151350437
It jumped the shark when pure otouto died
>>
>>151350437
That was rather awesome moment too though.

Yes, it was silly and not practical, but Code Geass had never pretended otherwise.

They even dressed up a pet with that mask and gave different colors to the Zeroes. That's calling attention to it.
>>
>>151354534
It did ten flips in the air and came back into the water for a nice finish.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.