[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolutionary Girl Utena

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (320KB, 1387x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320KB, 1387x1000px
Okay /a/, tell me why did you like this garbage? What was so good about it? Why is it one of the loved ankme Classics?

Just list your reasons for liking this show.
>>
>>151331273
I liked a lot of things about it.
The soundtrack is God tier.
The cast is great.
The art (setting, character designs, etc.) was great.
The themes and ideas of the show were interesting.
The symbolism and methapors were fun to decipher.
The black rose arc was great for giving all the secondary characters development.

So in summary: soundtrack, art, characters, ideas and symbolism.
>>
File: Boobscalibur.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boobscalibur.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>151331273
Because it was 2DEEP4U
>>
>>151331273
But why didn't you like the show?
>>
So, was re-using of same footage during duels a metaphor for how everything that is happening a perpetual cycle of Akio's fruitless efforts or budget reasons?
>>
>>151332234
Yes.
>>
>>151332234
Actually, reusing footage might have been intentional. The whole show has a lot of repetition. catchphrase, situations and the duel intro scene are repeated a lot. But most of the repeated footage is altered (almost every akio car sequence looks the same, but has different characters in it). The infamous stairway scene, that has 2 versions and gets repeated about 23 times in the show is actually a transformation sequence. Nobody complains about Mahou Shouju taking a minute or two out of the show to repeat the same transformations every episode. The duels are not all the same (except jury's two duels), while they repeat the same moves often (sword pull, bells, utena flip, sword power up/prince merging with utena), the actual combat is always different and the duels are made even better by both fitting songs and the emotion behind the duels. The point is, ikuhara loves to use repetition in his storytelling and it coincidentally helps to save a some money. So the answer is 50/50.
>>
>>151332943
Oh, I see.
>>
>>151331273
>What was so good about it?
Anthy.
>>
>>151331273
>What was so good about it?

I ligitimatley had to watch it twice to actually get it. You end up picking up on details that weren't oblivious the first time around.
>>
zettai unmei mokushiroku
>>
File: Group_20.png (1MB, 1529x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Group_20.png
1MB, 1529x2000px
>>151331273
Ultrahot girls.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.