[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he just commit suicide after this and start again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: High_Hopes.jpg (76KB, 950x530px) Image search: [Google]
High_Hopes.jpg
76KB, 950x530px
Why didn't he just commit suicide after this and start again?
>>
>>151331039
He doesn't like dying anon.
Also he doesn't know where the check point is.
>>
>>151331039
Oh boy, its summer all over again with the questions
>>
cause dying fucking hurts.
>>
>constantly resetting outside of life or death situations

That's a good way to become a sociopath desu. It sucks to relive an entire week or more and the savepoint could be very far back or it might even place him only 2 minutes back. It happened to him with Rem.
>>
>>151331459
>Already killed a bunch of times
>B-but it hurts
It's not like it's hard to choose a minimally painful suicide method, if I could reset everything just by killing myself you better believe I'd carry some magic cyanide pills or a fake tooth with poison gas in it or something like that. Hell even a straight razor isn't that bad in a pinch, slit your jugular and you'd lose consciousness before it even really started to hurt.
>>
>>151331459
Quick and painless death
>>
>>151331704
You are right with the razor but fuck off with all that silly modern shit you would have no access to. The real issue is that you'll probably become a sociopath. If you're already ending your life over a bunch of inconveniences and reliving out the same days over and over again with no fast forward button you'd better believe your sanity will take a hit, because why not commit suicide over every small thing that doesn't go your way?
>>
>>151332860
>silly modern shit you would have no access to
Well I was joking about the dune one, but poisons are pretty easy to get in nature, and in some fantasy setting I'm sure you can get something more powerful than cyanide in some wizard or alchemist's shop.

>why not commit suicide over every small thing that doesn't go your way?
Yeah why not? I thought the whole point of the power was having as many do-overs as you wanted to get everything right. Like groundhog day.
>>
>>151333011
It's clear the author chose death being the trigger as a deterrent and also to ensure you'll have two things to mess with your grasp of reality if you abuse it. With Groundhog day it was just one day that he was trapped in. He also was trapped until he helped other people instead of himself. With Return By Death time can pass normally and you have to repeat much longer spans of time. In some ways that's worse since you'll build up a relationship or work shit out then you'll have to relive that entire week and try not to come off as someone jaded and cynical whereas you were genuine the first time. If it's just one day like Groundhog Day then they'll always remain strangers and you know nothing will progress. It's entirely meaningless in a way as opposed to RbD where time moves forward at your choosing. You won't be able to live or enjoy life like a human anymore. Interactions will become strained due to no one remembering anything and you'll likely come across social situations that you can't replicate but will try to anyway due to a butterfly effect. You'll try to fix problems that aren't there and won't be able to sit down and let consequences be consequences. And by small things, I mean small things. Like a papercut. Sooner or later I think anyone who has lost the concept of consequence, death, and time while trying to live a day-to-day life would become a very hollow and rambling hobo on the inside kind of person. We're kind of slaves to those contexts and really do need them to function normally.

You're also not in control of how far back you go. By choosing to reset on a whim you're flipping a coin and also stating that a few bad moments outweighed all the good times up to that point because those will get erased too. And the MC got fucked by autosave at the end, but the anime cut it.
>>
>>151331039
no respawn, just like in real life, better not waste that single life that he has
>>
File: 1468596756241.png (491KB, 565x481px) Image search: [Google]
1468596756241.png
491KB, 565x481px
>>151331039
>It's a "Why didn't Subaru just kill himself" episode
>>
>>151333648
>And the MC got fucked by autosave at the end,
How fucked we talking, "always goes back to a moment before death with no possible way to prevent it resulting in an endless cycle of dying" type thing:?
>>
>>151333968
Not that one exactly, but that could happen on paper if whatever updates it were to fuck him over like that. He didn't know his other waifu was attacked by enemy forces ambushing her group after they parted ways. Due to some witchcraft she was left in suspended animation with only a handful of people remembering who she was (even her sister forgot her) and no cure in sight. He was despairing at this and obviously did the natural thing and sliced his throat ready to save her. Savepoint updated to a few minutes ago.
>>
>>151333968

Fucked, as in he believed to have done everything right only to find out that something horrible happened in his absence. He commits suicide out of desperation to fix everything, he even agrees to throw all of his achievements away but then he finds out that his checkpoint has been overwritten and he can't undo his mistakes anymore. He essentially learns the limitations of his "power" in the hardest way possible ( What makes things worse he returns to a point where he is being shown the consequence of his mistake head on )
>>
>why didn't this character do what I would've done?
>>
>>151331039
>imagine being Barusu with circumstances like that
Do you realize what you are saying anon?
are you that fucked i the head?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI
>>
>>151333011
There's also the problem that he doesn't necessarily know when his reset point is.
>>
>>151334382
>frogpost opinions matter
>>
Subaru didn't think he was in the wrong, things just failed to manifest the way he wanted them to. He's more given to blaming everyone and everything other than himself at this point.
>>
>>151331039
If you were smart like some of the distinguished gentlemen in this thread, you'd realize that Re:Zero is the most realistic psychological depiction of isekai that we've ever had.
>>
>>151331039
>dying is scary
>checkpoint mightve changed
>doesnt matter because he didnt really understand what he did wrong at the time, so itll continue
or something
>>
Because he doesn't really care about Emshittia. He'll kill himself without hesitation for Rem, but not Emshittia.

He was only infatuated with the idea of being an isekai character and falling in love with the first girl he met that was nice.
>>
>>151340350

>implying

The common denominator in all the checkpoints is keeping Emilia alive. As if the obvious "she looks just like Satella" bit wasn't enough, you also have the Witch's Cult trying to use her as a vessel, along with Subaru having all the powers of Satella's Knight (being able to trump any of the archbishops, his own overpowered as fuck Authority, and so on).
>>
>>151331039
Why didnt you?
>>
File: call amber lamps.gif (424KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
call amber lamps.gif
424KB, 600x338px
>>151340549
>>
Because dying is painful and scary and he didn't know when he'd go back to- for all he knew he'd go back to him waking up in the mansion with the maids and have to deal with the whole incident with the curse and the forest and all that again, and fuck knows if he'd have been able to pull that all off as well as he did the first time.

>>151340350
>He'll kill himself without hesitation for Rem, but not Emshittia.

I mean, Emilia wasn't dead there, she just hated him. It would be a bit of an overraction for him to try to reset there, unless he was convinced that he had to get that part right in order to keep her alive.

Both Rem and Emilia seem to be on "if they die then fuck it I don't care anymore" tier for him.
>>
>>151331039

His powers don't exist so that he can perfect every single moment of every day. They exist to protect Emelia. If he was going to be a bitch and kill himself over one little fuck up, the respawn point would likely just get updated and he'd go on living his life anyway. His powers don't give a shit about his feelings, the only relevant thing is Emelia's survival.
>>
>>151340549
I can ask you the same
>>
File: 1477321697872.jpg (290KB, 1175x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477321697872.jpg
290KB, 1175x1600px
>>151331039
Because if he reset himself he'd have to go all the way back to the mansion respawn to where he'd have to kill the ulgrams again. He'd be all the way back to episode 7. Would you want that?
>>
>>151340549
I've always thought about this, like what if you had this power all along?
>>
>>151340350
delusional remtard, your waifubait will always be a self-cuck second place with EMT holding the #1 spot in memeboy heart
>>
File: 1468187358976.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468187358976.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>151342277
>Going back to where Rem hates him
>Going back to seeing the woman you love kill you out of hatred

That would break Subaru faster than anything else in the series and permanently.
>>
File: 143345422.png (72KB, 1336x718px) Image search: [Google]
143345422.png
72KB, 1336x718px
>>151342354
You cannot say that with any more buzzwords didn't you?
>>
>>151331039

He never understand how his power work. Return by Death never have a proper explanation
>>
Probably asked every thread, where to read light novel
>>
why does it matter if he knows where the reset is or not? there's no reason (beside it being painful) not to try anyway
>>
Because it's a deconstruction and then the LN explains all his motivations perfectly and in conclusion AOTY. If you think you found a plot hole or inexplicable decision, you are wrong. He is very complex so some people do not understand.
>>
>>151342296

You'll find out one day. One day when you're an old man you'll be on your death bed, your eyes will slowly close as the life bleeds out of you, and suddenly you'll be alive again a few days or weeks in the past. You'll get to live out your own painful death over and over again for all eternity, too weak and old to do anything but wait for death again and again.

Think of it this way; life is short and eternity is long, unimaginably long. If you end your life now and find out you have these powers, you get to spend that eternity as a young man, ending your life and resetting so you never grow old. The relatively tiny lifespan you have left is nothing compared to the inconceivable length of eternity. The only logical thing to do is end your life now and ensure that you can spend eternity as you please rather than as an old dying man too weak to do anything about it.
>>
>>151332663
Like poison?
>>
rem is shit
>>
>>151342833
kek
>>
>>151342574

Because he knows nothing about his powers and has no control over them. For all he knows, the powers that be could just be having a giggle at his expense but are now bored and the next death could be his final one.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.