[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The whale and darkness metaphors were a bit ham-handed, but this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Bakemono_no_ko.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bakemono_no_ko.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
The whale and darkness metaphors were a bit ham-handed, but this was a pretty heartwarming movie. Also makes me want to try raw eggs and rice. Is it good or awful?
>>
>>151192493

I would not recommend it. There is a risk of getting salmonella from eating the uncooked eggs.
>>
>>151193726
Only in the US or other third world countries.
>>
>>151193726
Ignore this poster he's retarded

>>151192493
It's good, but not amazing or anything. I'll have it for breakfast every once in a while. The point is to make sure the rice is piping hot when you mix the egg in. It's mostly a texture change with flavour coming from the yolk.
>>
>>151195613
this
the rice cooks the egg and the egg makes the rice more "creamy"
it changes the flavor very mildly
>>
>>151195613
That poster is not retarded. You can get salmonella from eating uncooked eggs, including warming it through rice.

The caveat here is in places like Japan, they tend to their chickens better, so it's a non issue. If OP is in America, he should avoid eating raw eggs. If he lives in Japan, go for it.
>>
>>151195883
This. The nips have insane production standards when it comes to food health. Unless you buy from some country street market, eggs are usually pretty safe to eat raw, hence why a lot of their dishes use uncooked eggs. In japanese-style hotpot you mix egg yolks into the sauce for texture.
>>
Don't eat raw eggs. It is not safe unless the bacteria have been killed off regardless of how Rocky drank his eggs.

>>151195784
Don't even try to suggest that pouring an egg on rice cooks the egg anywhere near thoroughly enough to get rid of bacteria.
>>
>>151196026
t. backwater wastelander with no health standards
>>
File: 1384708515877.jpg (23KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
1384708515877.jpg
23KB, 200x169px
>>151195883
Rice is cooked via boiling in water at 200F~ and simmering, bringing it to about 130-140F

130-140F is the kill point in any kitchen for any major germ or virus and is NA standard for professional kitchens. You are supposed to cook fresh rice, and while it's still fresh out of the pot or cooker, you add the egg.

Source: I'm smarter than you.
>>
>>151192493
yiff.
>>
>>151196026
It's not about cooking the egg, it's about introducing it to an environment at a certain temperature. It's not going to turn over-easy on top the rice you bunch of walnuts.
>>
File: P1010009.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1010009.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
>>151193726
>be American
>look down on people that eat raw eggs and say it's unsafe
>eats raw meat
>>
>>151196073
If we are going down this idiotic route then explain to me how rice in a bowl is going to transfer enough energy to the eggs to get them both to 140 degrees, if 140 degrees is the temperature it's going to turn when removed from it's energy source?

You are smarter than me, so maybe you know some secret to creating energy out of nothing.
>>
>>151196199
>salmonella
American meat products don't contain any salmonella.
>>
>>151196073
In burgerland you wash the egg before sending them to the grocery. This washes away the protective coating that eggs have and allows various viruses to permeate the shell.

In the rest of the world they don't. This means washing it on your own, but you don't even have to refrigerate them.

If you take raw burgerland egg cold out of the fridge and immediately add it to 140f rice then you haven't done shit against salmonella. The Rice has already begun cooling and the egg won't even warm up enough to cook. TLDR: If you live in burgerland or another country which pre-washes eggs then don't eat them raw.

Source: I'm smarter than pseudo-intellectual faggots.
>>
>>151196199
It's pretty well known in America that eating raw meat increases your risk of food poison, and restaurants will warn you that serving you under-cooked meat isn't their fault.
>>
>>151196287
>meat
I meant beef. If you cook the surfaces you kill everything on the inside.
>>
>>151193726
Just rub soap on em or something man
>>
>>151196114
>it's about introducing it to an environment at a certain temperature.

And putting it in rice won't do that dumbass.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.