[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragonball Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dbs.jpg (34KB, 621x350px)
dbs.jpg
34KB, 621x350px
Take a victory lap, Toeichads.
/ourstudio/ won.
We did it.
>>
>>151162612
Toyotaro is literally /our guy/ and you're going to enjoy his storyboards being adapted for the new canon arc whether you like him or not.
>>
By "winning", do you mean mindlessly shouting bullshit almost every second? To be honest I don't think anyone sane would want to be a toeichad if were one.
>>
>>151162753
>enjoy his storyboards being adapted for the new canon arc whether you like him or not.

It's Akira Toriyama's original story retard.
>>
>>151162871
Lol, but Toyos going to draw the way it's going to play out.
>>
>>151162916
Still doesn't change the fact that Toei and Toyo both receive the original draft from Akira.

Why are Toyocucks so retarded?
>>
>>151162871
it's Toyotaro's storyboards but Toriyama's "original script" for the manga.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/30/dragon-ball-super-manga-collected-edition-vol-2-cover-art-toyotaro-comment/

Since it’s Akira Toriyama-sensei doing the original story, the manga has a slightly different approach than the TV anime, which results in a different kind of production. I hope you all enjoy that aspect of it for volume 2!! And I hope you keep reading!!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

And yet everyone still had a lot of fun drawing their illustrations.
Toriyama:
I’m glad to hear it! I’ll have to thank them if I ever get the chance. Speaking of reproducing my style, Toyotarō-san is amazing at it!
Toyotarō:
No no, not at all! Seriously… The more I draw, the more I realize the gap between us… (sweat).

Toriyama:
Don’t be so hard on yourself! You might actually be the closest to my style. There aren’t many people who can manage that! Well, maybe there are people who can imitate my pictures, but not many artists can pull off an entire chapter the way you can! Your storyboards are really tight!

Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama:
That’s right.
Toyotarō:
Since Chapter 1 I’ve used Toriyama-sensei‘s plot as a basis, but have been allowed to expand on it.

Toriyama:
It’s better that way.

Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotarō-sensei‘s manga as reference.
Toriyama:
Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!
Toyotarō:
Really?… I still can’t believe I lucked into this job (sweat).
>>
>>151163009
Keep it up anon, with all this rage you'll become a super saiyan in no time!
>>
>>151163009
anime:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!
>>
>>151163226
>>151163173
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/15/dragon-ball-super-upcoming-universe-survival-arc-key-visual-synopsis-released/

>The website also notes that original author Akira Toriyama provided the original draft for the story and characters

Try again boys.
>>
>>151163365
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/

I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV ANIME. I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.
>>
>>151163365
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/
Shueisha Establishes “Dragon Ball Room” to Expand and Optimize Content
Shueisha revealed that it had newly established a “Dragon Ball Room” on June 21st of this year. Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise.
The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”
Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”
Dragon Ball is a hit manga that ran in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1984 to 1995; its comics have sold over 240 million copies. The story centers on Son Goku, a boy with outstanding fighting sense, his adventures to get the Dragon Balls (which grant any wish when all seven are gathered), and his stiff competition against various rivals. A TV anime began broadcasting in 1986, and its popularity has endured even beyond the end of the original manga; Dragon Ball Super is currently airing.

Notice how he said the "wonderful staff of Shueisha" not TOEI.
>>
>>151163533
delete this
>>
>>151162753
Just like what happened in the tournament arc? Where the manga just served to hype the anime? Because Toei is going to catch up with Toyotaro in no time. Also its impossible for the anime staff to animate episodes without weeks of adventage.
>>
>>151164268
whatever the case may be, Toei's quality will most likely drastically improve because they have more support and a "source material" to replicate by having the manga lead the way.
It may be behind in publication, but behind the scenes I'm sure Toyotaro is "ahead and relaying information to them" like he promised at NY Comic Con.
>>
>>151162612
>we did it
huh? what did we do?

I'm confused here. Someone explain to someone out of the loop what happened.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.