[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hajime no Ippo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 42

I know barely anyone here even reads this manga but fuck it I'm so pissed off. Itagaki is literally the worst thing to happen to this manga. I just finished reading chapter 911 (Itagaki beats Saeki) and it's such complete bullshit.

Ippo had 20+ fights and 3 years of backbreaking hardwork to get where he is and for this pompous little shit to become better than him because "le genius" is such utter horseshit. Seriously,fuck this mangaka. What on earth was he thinking? Itagaki doesn't even crack the top 15 in character polls yet he is forcing this ass down our throats. I've never wanted to drop this manga more than now. It just makes all Ippo's hardwork look pointless.

What an utter cunt of a character. Does anyone even like him?
>>
>>151149345

Ita is a fucking nigger
>>
>>151149345
Shame about it, anime was pretty good
>>
I feel like you should have put a spoiler on some of that, but you're right, probably no one is still reading for the first time this.

I agree that itagaki got strong way too fast, but being a genius in boxing can be a trait you just have, it's not like itagaki is a complete noob or anything. But if you ask me, Ippo would not lose to him. Itagaki may be fast and have good strategy, but Ippo is too strong and durable. Not to mention all the experience he has. We've seen him conquer speed before, too.
>>
>>151149623
No way man. Fair enough being a genius but beating Ippo's knock out time was bullshit. And i know this is supposed to be shonen but watching him literally float in the air is fucking retarding. I'm fed up of this sonic the hedgehog nigger. I want good classic fights like Ippo vs Sendo and Mashiba vs Kimura.
>>
>>151149345
But isn´t Ippo jobber now ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMcrsVmEDk
>>
>>151149623

>Spoilering something that's years old
>>
>>151149345
Didn't he become like really irrelevant after he lost to imai?
>>
>>151149678
Well we do need variety in fights, but yeah some of itagakis fights were annoying to me.

I'll never understand how stupid and slow the artist thinks boxers are

>he's fast eh... No problem
>huh?!? He... Dissappeared?
>WHERE DID HE GO

My God that always makes me laugh at how silly it is. IT'S A RING, HE CAN'T REALLY GO ANYWHERE BUT BEHIND YOU IF YOU DON'T SEE HIM.
>>
>>151149796
Yep. I like fast fighters like Miyata but this shit is just dumb. They LITERALLY had him floating in that right against Saeki.
>>
>>151149862
Can you imagine how overpowered itagaki would be irl? He actually must be pretty bad to ever even have a chance of losing a match while being THAT fast.
>>
File: Dragonfishblow.jpg (22KB, 638x419px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonfishblow.jpg
22KB, 638x419px
>>151149678
Don´t remind me man. He tried so hard and still got nowhere... This just makes me cry.
>>
File: 03.png (440KB, 897x1300px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
440KB, 897x1300px
>Does anyone even like him?
No. I laughed uncontrollably when he got instantly trashed by whatshisfuck.

You know, there's a certain darkness in realizing that you don't actually remember or care who destroyed Itagaki - it only matters that he was incontrovertibly beaten, without any of the 'genius' bullshit coming from either side. I probably hate Itagaki more than The Major hated Alucard.
>>
Don't worry. I hated Itagaki the first time I read Ippo too, but Itagaki winning all of those fights in a bullshit way is absolutely vital because it makes him getting completely, utterly, shut down in the most humiliating one-sided fight in the entire series unbelievably satisfying
>>
>>151150044
Which fight did he lose, again?

>>151150003
;~;7 Kimura is actually in my top 5 characters list for Hajime no Ippo
>>
>>151150003
After all the fights I've seen,Kimura vs Mashiba is still my favourite. It was so fucking good. They did a fantastic job of showing us Mashiba and Kimura determination. I teared up when Kimura lost.

It was a bit stupid having him comeback from retirement. He should've become a trainer or some shit
>>
>>151149345
Keep going anon, it gets back to it's roots, and drops Itagaki really
>>
>>151149345
>just finished reading chapter 911
There's your problem.
>>
File: 8754532145211084351636907583-1.jpg (68KB, 441x332px) Image search: [Google]
8754532145211084351636907583-1.jpg
68KB, 441x332px
>>151150108
No, anon. He didn't come back to boxing, the NEW Kimura did!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-19-02-29-34-1.png (529KB, 1192x604px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-19-02-29-34-1.png
529KB, 1192x604px
Is the arm wrestling scene canon? If so how the hell is Ippo as strong as takamura. Is it FIGHTING SPIRIT?
>>
I don't follow this, but i know there was this whole thing with Ippo having Brain damage, and possibly having to stop. Whatever happened to that?
>>
better than ippo AKA "im gonna let my oponent punch my teeth in so much that by the end of the fight he will be too tired to deffend against my punches" makunoichi, fuck that damato damashi bullshit
>>
>>151150492
He's fine, after resting everything seems to be in order. He actually discovered a way to become even stronger. I think that the damage was just temporary...for now.
>>
>>151150556
That's fucking bullshit. So it was just a way to insert drama to get more views or some shit?
>>
>>151150594
Not really, he's been taking a lot of damage so it's not a surprise that he's starting to get fucked up. The thing is, everyone thought it was permanent damage, but that's not the case. They kind of underestimated Ippo's durability. No way in hell will Ippo stop boxing at this stage of his life. Some things led to the conclusion that he was broken, but it was just a possibility that the coach and takamura for some reason believed way too much.

They do care a lot about him, so maybe they overreacted
>>
Does Ippo have a thirst for victory yet or is he still staring towards the river thinking "so this is the level of the world..."?

Also, I know its cliche and probably still years away, but I want ippo to be losing badly against martinez, about to get knocked out (falling to the ground, about to white out), questioning what it was all for... when he has a sudden flashback of asking Takamura what it means to be strong, and then showing flashbacks of ippo overcoming his tough past-rivals.

Then it cuts back to ippo shouting internally that he wants to know what it means to be strong as he slams his fist into that smug mexican cunt's ribs
>>
>>151150683
Maybe that wouldn't be happening, if he actually fucking dodged and didn't tank a billion hits to his skull before he finally delivered a winning blow.
>>
>>151150720
Well, hey, he's actually very good at dodging from what we've seen. When he starts getting hit his dodging does gets worse, but that does make sense.

I think the main reason he was so out of it was just because of how devastating that last hit was. If you read that fight until the end, he gets so God damn wrecked by the final punch of his last fight.
>>
>>151150712
Nah,I'd rather based Sendo knock the shit out of Martinez then beating Ippo as champ.

Well,either way,I'd like to see Sendo beat Ippo
>>
>>151150081
Against Imai in their second match.
>>
>most anticipated fight
>favourite character
>favourite side character
>most touching scene
>most badass fight (scene)

For me
>Takamura vs hawk, the hair fix moment by Kamogawa and then the rage by Takamura was awesome

>Martinez in a serious fight (also Takamura vs a heavyweight)

>Takamura

>Sendo

>Kamogawa vs Anderson and aftermath

>Takamura vs bear
>>
File: 03.png (335KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
335KB, 905x1300px
>>151150594
>So it was just a way to insert drama to get more views or some shit?
Right on the money. He's also been playing around with accidentals (the art method) re: Takamura's eye again, to fuck with the readers and restart the "lol retina" rumors. See how his right eye is blanked out here? This happens at least once in every chapter in which Takamura is featured.
>>
>>151150843
If Sendo lost third time to Ippo he would probably kill himself. Just imagine winning easily in sparring and when it comes to the real thing you get embarassed in front of everybody, for the third time.
>>
>>151150854
Oh right, they had a rematch... It's all coming back to me. Was pretty brutal.

>>151150712
I can't say for sure yet, but idt anything too important has changed in Ippo just yet. I have a feeling his next fight will remind him why he started boxing.
>>
>>151150720
Ippo is basically Marciano.
>>
>>151150915
>see everything in slow motion
>can't even dodge the punch
Morale of the story: never be cocky.
>>
>>151149794
It's way too soon to tell given how slow the pace is. Ippo loses immediately after that and the manga is still dealing with his recovery. There hasn't been much time for anything else.
>>
>>151150876
>Takamura vs Hawk, seeing him angry was so hype
>Ippo vs Martinez
>Ippo :^)
>Kimura, he's a good lad
>When Martinez broke Date's jaw

Ippo vs shimo...whatever his name was. The fisherman who freaking dared to trade punches with Ippo so wildly. I love the Ippo "resurrection" music. The one that plays when he gets his energy back for one last Dempsey roll. The song name is "I see what is on your mind" from what I remember.
>>
>>151150876
>Favourite fight
Mashiba vs Kimura

>most anticipated fight
Date Vs Martinez

>favourite character
Sendo

>Most touching scene
Coach fixing Takamuras hair

>most badass fight scene
I liked the part when Takamura was fighting David and there was a small panel where David just says "Jesus" and then gets whacked by Takamura.
>>
File: ANOTHER DEMPSEY ROLL.jpg (201KB, 871x491px) Image search: [Google]
ANOTHER DEMPSEY ROLL.jpg
201KB, 871x491px
>>151150876
>tfw anime only fag

>takamura vs hawk

>series finale fight where ippo takes the world

>takamura

>mashiba

>date's wife telling him that everything will be fine this time, referencing her miscarriage

>this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TljnHmwbpmg

When ippo ducks under Sawamura's shot and revs up his dempsey roll I pop a chub. Fucking great music for it too.
>>
>>151149345

Was this before or after banana boy?

In any case, what you're pissed about isn't about Ippo hardwork looking pointless, because it isn't. It's very much intentional for Ippo's character to grind his way to the top in a world where genius get to his tier with a fraction of the effort. It's an important plot point for Kamogawa to mold him into a champion. What you're pissed about is how out of place it seems when there are so many characters that have kept pace with Ippo -- namely Sendo, Miyata, and Mashiba.
>>
>>151150556
The thing is that Ippo is essentially becoming like Ricardo and Gonzales. Both men have a rough old past boxing method that they've changed to become more streamlined. Gonzales used his wits and then went full insane berserk mode when Ippo used the half done Dempsey. Ricardo, just before destroying Date, showed his past untamed fighting style.
This is essentially what is happening to Ippo. He's locking up his annoying bullshit ''take every punch and then win by comeback KO'' for an Atomic Dempsey system.
>>
>>151150972
It's hard to be perfect at dodging, ya know. Counters and stuff exist and others can dodge too.
>>
>>151149345
I know barely anyone here even watches this sport but fuck it I'm so pissed off. Tyson is literally the worst thing to happen to this sport. I just finished watching Spinks v. Cooney (Spinks beats Cooney) and it's such complete bullshit.

Spinks had 30+ fights and 10 years of backbreaking hardwork to get where he is and for this pompous little shit to become better than him because "le genius" is such utter horseshit. Seriously,fuck this sport. What on earth was the ref thinking? Tyson doesn't even crack the top 15 in boxer polls yet he is forcing his fist down our throats. I've never wanted to drop this sport more than now. It just makes all Spinks' hardwork look pointless.

What an utter cunt of a boxer. Does anyone even like him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaFIRD7_5Y
>>
What chapter does the manga continue from the anime?
>>
File: Hajime no Ippo v44 c390 - 034.png (239KB, 692x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Hajime no Ippo v44 c390 - 034.png
239KB, 692x1100px
>>151150876
>favourite fight
Hawk.

>most anticipated fight
Ippo vs Martinez. Let's just get it fucking over with already so that the rest of the cast/world can do shit.

>favourite character
Takamura.

Vorg.

>most touching scene
Vorg going back to Russia when his Mom dies? Takamura seeing the homeless Kojima huddled up outside the arena? I dunno.

Hawk going apeshit w/ black sclera near the end of his fight against Takamura, and realizing what true fear is.
>>
>>151151248
Big difference between fiction and real life,you turbo autist.
>>
>>151151191
>It's very much intentional for Ippo's character to grind his way to the top in a world where genius get to his tier with a fraction of the effort. It's an important plot point for Kamogawa to mold him into a champion.
yeah, woli sure is great, isn't he
>>
File: Hajime no ippo hell.jpg (171KB, 800x1178px) Image search: [Google]
Hajime no ippo hell.jpg
171KB, 800x1178px
>>151149345
Dont worry OP.
>>
File: 7587_original.jpg (67KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
7587_original.jpg
67KB, 600x429px
>>151149345 (OP)
I know barely anyone here even watches this sport but fuck it I'm so pissed off. Ali (Clay) is literally the worst thing to happen to this sport. I just finished watching Liston v. Patterson (Liston beats Patterson) and it's such complete bullshit.

Liston had 30+ fights and 11 years of backbreaking hardwork to get where he is and for this pompous little shit to become better than him because "le genius" is such utter horseshit. Seriously,fuck this sport. What on earth was the ref thinking? Ali (Clay) doesn't even crack the top 15 in boxer polls yet he is forcing his fist down our throats. I've never wanted to drop this sport more than now. It just makes all Liston's hardwork look pointless.

What an utter cunt of a boxer. Does anyone even like him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TADbnYQJg7w
>>
>>151151398
>>151151248
Is this bait?
>>
>>151150843
Ippo actually losing against the champ would fit well with the fact the dempsey roll is his signature move.
>>
>>151151220
Oh, definitely. Ippo will no doubt continue to change until maybe his 30s if he keeps boxing. I don't think the Dempsey roll is actually going to be the maib thing he focuses on in the future. I see his fighting style ending up in a barrage type boxing style where he attacks from every angle possible.

>>151151248
What I've learned from watching boxing so far is that there are so many factors. Some people just can't give their 100%. I've seen even the greatest boxers put on performances where they look like they're not even trying.

These are some of the most important factors when it comes to being the best, in my opinion:
>Determination to win (the desire to win and put everything into EVERY fight, which Tyson seemed to have)
>Talent (this is probably one of the only unfair aspects)
>Strategy and knowledge on the sport
>Speed
>Adaptability and heart
>experience (spinks did have this over Tyson from what you've told me)

If your opponent has more of these than you or have a certain few on very much higher levels, you're probably not going to win.
>>
File: 1408516887732.jpg (191KB, 676x685px) Image search: [Google]
1408516887732.jpg
191KB, 676x685px
>>151149345

I liked him at the start, then i hated him when he was on his chronos genius shit, might be ok now that he got his ass cleaved in two by Imae, time will tell.
>>
>>151151760

What chapter was that again? I wanna re-read it.
>>
File: 1474858935486.png (72KB, 452x453px) Image search: [Google]
1474858935486.png
72KB, 452x453px
>>151150382

It is, Ippo is just monstrously strong, remember he never fights at full punching power, the time he punched with all his might he almost killed the guy in one hit, and he has only lost to opponents that Takamura himself has acknowledged as "strong", even Ricardo was shocked that Date had fought someone with punching power that matched or surpassed his.
>>
>>151151594
Tyson in his boxing days was a literal fucking savage sadist with no other reason to exist than to prove himself through fighting. He was like a black, heavyweight Sawamura. He used to state that his only regret was that he'd never punched someone to death; he literally wanted to hit someone so fucking hard that they'd die.

He was bullied horribly as a kid and the only time that stopped was when he snapped after one of his bullies killed one of the pigeon's he'd been tending to and Tyson beat the shit out of him. It was an incredibly traumatic experience that also happened to be the first time anyone ever acknowledged his strength.

His manager was a psychopathic manipulator.

Tyson credits a defining moment in his change of character to a time he found out King had hidden thousands of fan mails from him. Tyson opened one to find that it an old letter from a boy who was terminally ill who wanted to meet Tyson; Tyson immediately rang the boy's mother, only to find that the boy had already died. Tyson has said that he broke down and cried for hours over that and that it helped him change who he was.

Tyson was basically an anime villain, complete with a redemption arc.
>>
>>151151871

It's around 1027.
>>
>>151151760
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his "rival" completely amicable and high spirited towards him?

Isn't itagaki the full of himself asshole who REEEE'd at the referee while he got his ass beat instead of just manning up like Ippo had and beating his opponent?

Isn't he the one instigating the violent rivalry?

Imai idolizes ippo too, but is an actual boxer and joined any gym BUT kamogawa gym, because he wants to face Ippo in the ring.
>>
File: 1326909839216.jpg (85KB, 516x356px) Image search: [Google]
1326909839216.jpg
85KB, 516x356px
>>151152211

That's because Itagaki is an inmature child with no self confidence because Imae ate it all to fuel his super powers in high school.

And the other reason he doesn't like Imae is because he wants to fuck Itagaki's sister. Imae is alpha as fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEJFk2d3vM

Who wants to feel?

>inb4 it's an AMV

No, it's manga with fitting music.

>tfw he hammers Anderson at the end
>>
File: 1482129547323m.jpg (129KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1482129547323m.jpg
129KB, 1024x681px
Reading a 1k long manga, why are ippofags so insuffferable.
It's bound to be shit with that length of tenacity to survive.
>>
>>151152367
Man this makes me appreciate the anime so much. So many scenes from this are translated almost perfectly onto the screen.

Also, in the anime, his voice when he wills himself not to pass out is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bggK1a5EEE4&t=1s
>>
Also, one of my favourite quotes ever comes from the coach:

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded. But! All those who succeed have worked hard!"
>>
Is it just me or are the VAs for the anime absolutely fucking perfect in most every way?

Takamura is probably the best matching VA I have ever seen/heard.
>>
>>151151888
Damn. I can't help but respect such amazing power. Ippo further taught me to put everything in my punches. He's my favorite character not only lyrics because of his personality, but how hard he trains to be strong.

>>151152089
Man I've read up on Tyson quite a bit these past few months. His story is a sad one. The first fight he lost against buster Douglas was hype as hell, though. The guy was losing his family, beat one of the God damn ferocious boxers in the world for his family ;~;7

Also I heard about that story, it was very sad. I think Tyson was a gentle young boy, but the things he went through made him into the monster he was. Thankfully he has changed, I love watching interviews with him and seeing him calm and still using that amazing vocabulary of his.

Cuss Damato was a excellent trainer of the mind, though. Idk just how effective his boxing training was, but man could he make a fighter believe he was the greatest boxer.
>>
>>151152089
So he's Hawk but with a twist?
>>
>>151152925
Because it's freaking Hajime no Bippo.

I love both the sub and the dub. Only problem I have with the dub is takamura's voice being too goofy, otherwise it's perfect.
>>
>>151151594
>I don't think the Dempsey roll is actually going to be the maib thing he focuses on in the future.
I think it will be. If he can dodge every attack while walking and punching with the Dempsey roll and the Gazzel Punch, that's an insane combo. Honestly, he doesn't need to do anything else.
Non-stop Dempsey is an absolute killer.
>>
>>151152553
>that xylophone at the punch
Every fucking time. Honestly the greatest punch of all time.
>>
>>151153404
I guess that could work too. He'll most likely "unlock" a new supermove that rivals the Dempsey roll later on. If not, he'll probably just keep improving the Dempsey roll. It would be interesting to see how far he could go
>>
>>151153489
It really is one of the best. I didn't expect to like this fight as much as I did.

Airplane noises still remain my favorite, though. It was a genius move on their part.
>>
>>151153592
>He'll most likely "unlock" a new supermove that rivals the Dempsey roll later on.
Like what? The Atomic Dempsey lets Ippo stop mid attack, move up to his opponent with another punch, switch up attacks rotation. If Ippo just as much touches you, it's basically over. He's a killing machine.
>>
>>151153633
PFPPFSFFTTTTFPPFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT

The only thing I find ridiculously silly is the ATTTAAAAACKKK portion. Too much Yamato-damashii for me.
>>
Friendly reminder
>>
>>151153810
Reminder that in 50 chapters, Ippo will have transcended this trope and joke.
Seriously, every since the waiting match Ippo had with that guy that gloated him where nothing happened for a few chapters with great, Ippo has gotten insanely good.
>>
>>151149345
>worst

Actually the Woolie fight was the worst thing. But Ippo is back on track now.
>>
Do you think there is a chance of a new anime Season?
Or should I just read the manga?
>>
>>151154481
Read the manga you pleb.
>>
>>151154481
Read the manga.
>>
>>151154509
Should i start at the beginning of the manga or start where i was with the anime?
>>
>>151154599
Where the anime ends unless you want to go back and see how it was.
>>
>>151154659
At the last season of the anime
>>
File: 1445199017533.gif (594KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445199017533.gif
594KB, 200x200px
>>151149345
Why are his arms bigger than his legs?
>>
File: stupid.png (844KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
844KB, 1280x720px
Ippo sucks, you should feel bad for liking it
>>
File: 1408516887788.jpg (90KB, 364x479px) Image search: [Google]
1408516887788.jpg
90KB, 364x479px
>>151155076

Best character.
>>
>>151155176
Is Aoki the true winner of them all?
>proper job
>average at boxing but still can win matches
>have a gf, not 10/10 but have great boobs and such
>have a fan club
>the crowd knows his name and anticipate his matches and funky new punches
>>
>>151153810

Kill yourself. This shit has never been funny, even for the animeonly shitters.
>>
No one talks about best character Volg....
>>
>>151155382
it still has a point about how cliche and formulaic ippo is
>>
File: 1380577504362.png (726KB, 1000x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1380577504362.png
726KB, 1000x1650px
>>151149345

It gets better thanks to based Kyousuke.

The beauty of Itagaki's destruction is that the author not only foreshadowed it, repeatedly, but everything leading up to it made his ass beating that much sweeter. Really, Morikawa has been on a fucking roll since the last A-Class tournament.
>>
>>151155076
Lookaway is best technique.
>>
>>151155515
>it still has a point about how cliche and formulaic ippo is

Pointing out Hajime no Ippo, a series that never once pretended NOT to be formulaic, is about as clever as pointing out that there's actual boxing in a sports manga based on boxing.

The image in question is cancerous because it encourages people to read Ippo with the impression that the 'oxygen muscles' meme is a legit complaint that was relevant for more than one match.
>>
Any chance of the Ippo vs Murata fight ever happening ?

Have them fight for the world championship, then have Ippo retire after the fight.
>>
>>151155076
Go back to your harem/ntr/loli threads.
>>
>>151155515
>cliche and formulaic

Two things HnI has never sold itself as not being. Crying about cliches in a series that probably created some of those cliches is stupid.

>>151155816
>Any chance of the Ippo vs Murata fight ever happening ?
>
>Have them fight for the world championship, then have Ippo retire after the fight.

If you mean, Miyata, then it's likely once Miyata wins the WBC featherweight world title from whoever the hell the champion is--but this assumes Ippo is able to rip the WBA world title away from Ricardo Martinez cold, dead hands after the latter finishes killing either Alfredo and possibly Sendo in the ring.

If not a unification from Ippo and Miyata, Ippo vs Miyata III will likely be a spar in the Kamogawa gym's basement after both are forced to retire due to their injuries.

>>151155076

>Animeonly cancer shitposting with Hajime no Ippo: Rising images

Pottery.
>>
>>151153697
Ki energy blasts! Jk idk, I see your point though.

>>151153755
Yeah it's kind of overkill. It kind of fits Ippo since he is kind of cliche.
>>
>>151155816
Not until the very end. Ippo or Murata take the world title, then fight each other over it.
>>
File: Teppu.jpg (50KB, 453x605px) Image search: [Google]
Teppu.jpg
50KB, 453x605px
objectively superior combat sports manga

>Ippo: 164cm
>Natsuo: 182cm
>>
File: ippo_vol-68_006.png (239KB, 711x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol-68_006.png
239KB, 711x1100px
>>151155659
>The beauty of Itagaki's destruction is that the author not only foreshadowed
>>
File: ippo_vol-68_007.png (231KB, 704x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol-68_007.png
231KB, 704x1100px
>>151156210
>>
I hate Itagaki so much. The second his time slowing shit started I skipped all of his fights. I also fucking hate how much the Mangaka is hinting at him stealing Kumi from Ippo. I know Ippo is a beta fuck who will never make a move but the way they are building up Itagaki to steal everything from Ippo is pissing me off.
>>
>>151155285
Remember anon, Aoki has messed up tastes. To him, Tomiko is 10/10.
>>
File: 497aa29bc000.jpg (110KB, 650x511px) Image search: [Google]
497aa29bc000.jpg
110KB, 650x511px
>>151155977
>Ippo vs Miyata III will likely be a spar in the Kamogawa gym's basement after both are forced to retire due to their injuries

Or have one official fight and one more personal fight after that. Pic related
>>
>>151156376
To be fair, anyone would have messed up taste if every pretty girl is a manipulative bitch to you.
>>
File: Hajime no Ippo v84 c802 - 007.jpg (234KB, 755x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Hajime no Ippo v84 c802 - 007.jpg
234KB, 755x1100px
>>151155659
>>151156237
>>151156210

Imai really is best boy.

>>151156175

>Implying Natsuo wouldn't just join Ippo's harem if she saw his cock.
>>
>>151156487
BIG MARA IPPO
>>
>>151156412
>Or have one official fight and one more personal fight after that. Pic related

I'd like to believe they'll fight officially, but all signs are pointing to Miyata either taking the WBC title and then retire, because "Muh weight management" permanently fucking up his body or him finally fucking off to higher weight class.

The worst thing about Miyata just spinning his wheels at featherweight is that it makes it more likely we'll see him fight Itagaki first, since Morikawa has already spread a few bread-crumbs for that subplot. If we have to suffer through that, at least he should give us Randy Boy Junior Vs. Ippo.
>>
File: when will they learn.jpg (213KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
when will they learn.jpg
213KB, 840x1200px
>>151156487
okay kid
>>
File: ippo_vol-48_014.png (221KB, 696x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol-48_014.png
221KB, 696x1100px
>>151156656

It's cool. The Big Mara's harem needs the token flat-chested tsundere.
>>
>>151151272
>Takamura seeing the homeless Kojima
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Kojima
>>
>>151156656
Can you shitpost somewhere else please, like in one of the threads about anime or manga that get discussed more often than once every other quarter.
>>
So it took them 1000+ chapters to go to the USE WEIGHTS TO POWER UP route?

When will Ippo wear 100kg heavy clothes for the next power up?
>>
>>151156874
I'm surprised, because Sendo used ankle weights to power up his previously under-developed leg muscles prior to his belt defence against Ippo.
>>
File: ippo_vol-48_015.png (166KB, 691x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol-48_015.png
166KB, 691x1100px
>>151156812
>>
>1000 chapters of boxing
how can you read this without wanting to kill yourself
>>
>>151156874
Doesnt he do standard weightlifting ?
>>
>>151157019
We've seen him use dumbbells but that's about it
>>
>>151156955
Cool concept but too many sea metaphors and similies
>>
File: pepe vs wojak 2.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepe vs wojak 2.webm
2MB, 720x720px
>>151156847
read better fighting manga then
>>
>>151156874

It's the same training Sendo does much earlier in the series. Ippo himself doesn't do it up until that point because there was no need to with his already ridiculous training regiment on top of working at his family's fishing business; which regularly show him dead-lifted several ice chests filled with ice and bait.

>>151157088

Retarded frogposter
>>
File: images[1].jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Daily reminder Ippo will never get with best girl
>>
>>151157055

I really liked the match in the manga, since they made a point to properly explain why Ippo finally fighting an opponent smaller than him is so jarring. Rising was complete shit for all the great build they gutted.
>>
File: file.png (175KB, 754x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
175KB, 754x1100px
>>151157164

I don't think Makunouchi can handle the banter.
>>
>>151157281
Ippo is a beta fuck. He can't handle anyone talking about anything,
>>
File: Mari's ass.png (43KB, 312x237px) Image search: [Google]
Mari's ass.png
43KB, 312x237px
>>151157164
>>151157281

Dat ass tho.
>>
>>151157141
>which regularly show him dead-lifted several ice chests filled with ice and bait.
Isnt that like, 100kg maximum ?
>>
File: fiPLJ2k.jpg (89KB, 1921x1023px) Image search: [Google]
fiPLJ2k.jpg
89KB, 1921x1023px
>>151157321
She really is best girl
>>
>>151157479
But Imagine doing that for hours, everyday since you were a teen
>>
>>151157479
>Isnt that like, 100kg maximum ?

It has to be a hell of a lot more, because we've seen Ippo carrying at least six of those fucking chests whenever he's working BEFORE, when it's just ice and bait and afterwards when they're all full of fish. That alone is goddamn impressive, since he's able to do that while balance on a moving boat, but the fact that he's been doing this for years before getting into boxing explains why Ippo didn't really have to concentrate on weight training until he was literally forced to, when he was banned from his usual hellacious roadwork regiment.
>>
>>151157605
You plateau eventually. At a certain point lifting the same weight nonstop will stop benefiting you.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nk8kf4DncY1sr8zed.jpg (46KB, 361x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nk8kf4DncY1sr8zed.jpg
46KB, 361x246px
>>151157503
>not wanting to fuck the jailbait puntastic hot sister of his senpai who literally jumps at the chance to touch his dick
>>
Did Ippo ever confess to that chick he likes?
>>
>>151158145
All of the girls in the Ippo love rectangle jump at the chance to touch his dick
>>
>>151158400
They almost kissed twice but Kumi fell down a hill the first time and they where interrupted the second time.
>>
>>151158400

Yes. But his was passed out drunk asleep, so she didn't hear him. Despite that, there relationship has been going on so long that everyone in-universe acknowledges it, even. Kumi's brother Mashiba begrudgingly ships them together.

>>151158476
>All of the girls in the Ippo love rectangle jump at the chance to touch his dick

They might as well, since everyone single one of them have seen his dick at some point. Even the glasses-wearing Judo Bone Doctor has regularly seen his erect cock regularly, if not Yagi's mom and the random whores who frequent her bar.
>>
>>151158542
>>They might as well, since everyone single one of them have seen his dick at some point. Even the glasses-wearing Judo Bone Doctor has regularly seen his erect cock regularly, if not Yagi's mom and the random whores who frequent her bar.

Seeing Ippo's dick is a rite of passage of a becoming a regular character in Hajime no Ippo.
>>
>>151149345
I haven't read since itagaki got his shit beat in by that other guy who's an infighter. What has happened since?
>>
>>151158817
Most notably Ippo was suspected of being punch drunk so he was ban from the gym for a month so he started wearing training weights for a month and has started to master the new Dempsey Roll (punching diagonally and using the gazelle punch to chase them down)
>>
>>151156827
it was
>>
>>151157013
>how can you read this without wanting to kill yourself
you can't; you just do it anyway
>>
>>151159159
But how? He had a wife and a kid on the way and there where no signs of him having money problems.
>>
File: 11 (2).png (382KB, 894x1300px) Image search: [Google]
11 (2).png
382KB, 894x1300px
>>151159209
Shit can happen.
>>
>>151159560
Takamura swims in money with all his belts and all he can spare is a soda can
>>
>>151160130
*Empty can of coffee

Also Takamura doesn't swim in money
>>
>>151160130
It's weird (read: unrealistic) to think about the fact that the Kamogawa gym probably rakes in millions.
>>
>>151156412
Fuck, Shamo was so good. Ending especially. Except the Chinese arc.
>>
>>151160312
It doesn't. Yagi mentions plenty of times how they are constantly struggling for money
>>
>>151160419
>Yagi mentions plenty of times how they are constantly struggling for money
Which is how exactly
>>
>>151160476
He mentions all the time how sorting out the prize money and getting boxers to come from overseas is almost putting them in the red
>>
>>151160130
>Takamura swims in money with all his belts and all he can spare is a soda can

Takamura pisses his money away on stupid shit all the time and expensive trips around Japan. Also, the series takes place during the late 80s-90s (the current year should be early 1999), when boxing really didn't make shit in Japan, especially when you have a champion who's notorious for being an obnoxious piece of shit. It also hurts that Takamura doesn't fight outside Japan, despite defeating two US world champions of different weight-classes, while recently defeating a third, while never travelling abroad.

By comparison, Ippo as the Japanese champion on really fought a handful of non-Japanese fighters and only really fought champions from other countries while challenging the orient, yet passed on challenging the then OPBF champion, only to lose his first match after relinquishing his belt.

When your other two boxers are middle of the road and the other featherweight fighter is consistently boxing in the shadow of your former champion you don't stand to make a lot of money, especially since Takamura regularly scares off new recruits with his roadwork from hell.
>>
>>151149345
>Itagaki is the worst thing to happen to the manga
>Not Kimura and Aoki being useless story wise 90% of the time
>Not Ippo and Takamura having garbage matches
Itagaki did nothing wrong
>>
>>151160130
>tfw you blow all your money on a bust of yourself and shitty trips
>>
>>151161651
>Implying the Bison match wasn't the best in the entire series
>>
>>151149345
What is the appeal of Ippo any more? It's been like like 20 years and Ippo is still a fucking scrub
>>
File: mutsumad.png (286KB, 538x388px) Image search: [Google]
mutsumad.png
286KB, 538x388px
>itagakimasu
>>
File: 1462201836141.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462201836141.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>151149345
Nah, fuck you, OP.

Itagaki is a great character. It always makes me laugh when people like you give him shit for being a genius. The reality of life is that genius' like him exist everywhere and can easily outshine those that work hard everyday. But he's a genius to a fault. His talent gets to his head and he ends up being less efficient during fights, opting for style over substance. He's also not very durable and landing a few solid body blows could be the end for him. I can't wait for Itagaki to realize his faults and improve himself to see what kind of monster he becomes.
>>
>>151160402
Prison arc > Sugawara arc >China arc = Final arc > Touma arc
>>
Pssh, stick to the basics, kid.
>>
File: 1473811657394.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
1473811657394.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
>>151163753
>1000 chapters for nothing
>>
File: 1473810123432.png (855KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473810123432.png
855KB, 1500x1500px
>>151163841
Whoops wrong one
>>
File: IpposDick.png (342KB, 701x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IpposDick.png
342KB, 701x1100px
>>151156955
>>151156812
>>
>>151161869
>watch anime for the first time
>loved it
>"wonder what happens next"
>series is feels like a repeat of the first with Ippo forgetting shit
>no feeling of progression anywhere in the series
>>
>>151163892

>All those retarded NTR 'theories' from Itagakifags, oxygenshit and cherrypicked responses.

Pure cancer. Everything on that image.
>>
>>151163923
>>151158145
>>151157503
>>151157321
>>151157281
>>151157164
>>151156955
>>151156812

I've always had a supreme respect for the author's love of TnA and dick jokes. Hajime no Ippo's humor, despite being crude as shit has always been really good, even if I didn't care for a lot of later matches, since Ippo vs Miyata got called off.

I hope this series never gets serialized outside Japan because the jokes would be just ruined. God bless George's dirty mind and toilet humor.
>>
>>151165725
>serialized

*localized

>>151165532

Ippo threads have been dead on /a/ since Dynamite Glove died. Even though they have a new forum, the quality of the threads will always be bad, because there's no real incentive to have RAW threads anymore, given finding the Raw before Mangastream churns out a handful of chapters is rare. It's an especially pointless endeavor since the guys on Dynamite Glove's new forum now posts RAWs and chapter translations in the lull between Mangastream's releases.

Other than off-board posters from /sp/ and the shitters who unironically post the oxygenmuscles meme in the threads, there's no real discussion on the off chance that someone tries to make a thread on /a/ for the MS releases.
>>
Will Woli ever come back ?
>>
>>151165971
>Will Woli ever come back ?

Yes. But he won't fight for the WBA or WBC world titles, given he's not from Japan and has the option to fight in the IBF and WBO world titles, at featherweight.

Guys like him and Randy Boy Junior are still around, but will likely never fight any of the Japanese featherweight characters since they're limited to competing in the WBA and WBC, given this series takes place during the time period that Japan was limited to only those two boxing organizations/associations.
>>
>>151150876
>favourite fight
Ippo vs Martinez
>most anticipated fight
Sendo vs Martinez
>favourite character
Mashiba
Wanpo
>most touching scene
Coacho flashback
Ippo triple finish vs Sendo (2nd fight)
>>
>>151149345
>Didn't catch up
>Salty because a less important character is more gifted than his favorite
>He is not even popular, author should pander to fans of popular characters and neglect the rest REEEEEE
Fuck off.
>>
>>151165951
>>Ippo threads have been dead on /a/ since Dynamite Glove died. Even though they have a new forum, the quality of the threads will always be bad, because there's no real incentive to have RAW threads anymore, given finding the Raw before Mangastream churns out a handful of chapters is rare. It's an especially pointless endeavor since the guys on Dynamite Glove's new forum now posts RAWs and chapter translations in the lull between Mangastream's releases.
>
>Other than off-board posters from /sp/ and the shitters who unironically post the oxygenmuscles meme in the threads, there's no real discussion on the off chance that someone tries to make a thread on /a/ for the MS releases.

This.

There's no real reason to expect decent Ippo discussion in /a/ anymore. Like a lot of the older series (One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Berserk, Jojo and soon Baki) the threads turns cancerous as these series got new anime adaptations, with One Piece threads turning progressively into shit once Bleachfags and Narutards series ended and needed somewhere to shitpost, since thread-spamming stopped being a viable option years ago.

Ippo threads have always been chill, but took a nose dive right around the time of Rising's release. it just happens the DG died around that time. For those looking for the new forum http://westbound3.proboards.com/.
>>
>>151149345
maybe he's setting him up for some big fall ala roy jones jr like
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.