[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no na wa / Your Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 114

File: Kimi no na wa.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi no na wa.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
Your Rope thread

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097

First China, now Thailand. Even Star Wars can't stop it.

Why haven't you seen this movie in the cinemas yet /a/?

Original Sound Track: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=862911

RADWIMPS Album (If you want the original version of the insert songs): https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=877566
>>
>>151144074
>Your Rope
What
>>
>>151144116
Nawa = rope
>>
File: smug_ako.jpg (71KB, 368x555px) Image search: [Google]
smug_ako.jpg
71KB, 368x555px
>your rope
>>
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20161215-the-10-best-films-of-2016

I'm glad it showed up at least.
>>
Gonna post some interviews with Shinkai
>INTERVIEWER
From early on you’ve attracted international press attention as the “next Miyazaki Hayao.”

>SHINKAI
My debut was back in 2002, when Voices of a Distant Star was screened at the Tollywood mini-theater in Tokyo’s Shimokitazawa district. It was just a short, self-produced 25-minute movie, but it was issued on DVD and sold overseas as well. I think the first time I was actually invited to speak abroad was at Comicon in San Diego. Since then I’ve been invited to events in various countries every time I release a new work. I’ve been called “the new Miyazaki” or “Japan’s next-generation anime creator” overseas for the last decade, but I think that’s mostly because people in other countries think of Japanese animation as being just Miyazaki–san and then everybody else.

And one more thing. The Miyazaki works that people know abroad and my own works are very different in style. I depict the local world of Japan. My backgrounds are full of Japanese traffic lights, Japanese vending machines, commuter train lines like the Saikyō Line, everyday buildings around Tokyo. I think it’s because my “touch” is so different from the worldview and imagery you see in Studio Ghibli works that I’ve been lucky enough to register as a “next-generation” director.

Even today, though, I think I’m still perceived overseas as something of a cult figure that people who are into niche or relatively unknown works can enjoy. So for instance, even if Your Name is a hit overseas and pushes up my audience figures, the core essence of my work is not going to change. That’s why I personally don’t think my works are going to reach a different kind of audience in the future than they have already.
>>
>>151144284
>INTERVIEWER
Are you always consciously trying to create something “local”?

>SHINKAI
I can’t draw anything with a sense of reality if it doesn’t come from a place I’m connected to with my own two feet. I can show Tokyo, this city that’s the stage for my own daily life, in a way that is just slightly different from the Tokyo that the 30 million people living in the greater Tokyo metropolitan area know themselves. Or to take another example, the little mountain town in Your Name where Mitsuha (the heroine) has grown up is fictional, but I can imbue it with the reality of the landscapes of Koumi in Nagano Prefecture, the town where I grew up.

I was born and raised in a place 1,000 meters above sea level. It’s surrounded by towering mountains like Yatsugatake, the winds are strong, and the skies are wonderfully expressive. The Nobeyama Radio Observatory is close by, and the stars are gorgeous. Since there was nothing else to look at in the countryside where I grew up, I used to spend an hour or two almost every day just looking at the sky and trying to capture it in watercolor. So the skies in my movies have been shaped by those in the mountain country of Shinshū.
>>
>>151144284
>>151144320
I'm glad he's sticking with local imagery of Japan. The art of Tokyo in Your Name was absolutely stunning.
>>
>>151144320
>INTERVIEWER
What kind of anime influenced you when you were a boy?

>SHINKAI
Since we lived in the country, when I was a child we could only pick up three TV channels, the NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) general channel, the NHK educational channel, and one commercial station. I watched Sekai Meisaku Gekijō (World Masterpiece Theater) [a 1960s anime series both Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli director Takahata Isao worked on early in their careers] and NHK shows like Nirusu no fushigi na tabi (The Wonderful Adventures of Nils) and Miyazaki’s Mirai shōnen Konan (Future Boy Conan). When I was in high school I really loved director Anno Hideaki’s Fushigi no umi no Nadia (Nadia: the Secret of Blue Water). I’d say Nadia influenced me a lot.

But the movie that affected me the most was Miyazaki’s Tenkū no Shiro Rapyuta (Castle in the Sky). Back when I was in my first or second year of junior high school, Castle in the Sky was the first movie for which I traveled more than two hours on the train to Ueda and paid with my own money to see at the theater. I was entranced. I was amazed that there could be anything in the world as interesting as that movie.
>>
>>151144074
Seriously, I don't know about other countries but in Thailand, the good chunk of that grossing came from rewatching. I don't know why but even now we only have one cinema that screen this movie with only one timeslot, those people (me included) still keep watching it. And this cinema has decided to extend the screening period for two times already.
>>
>>151144376
>INTERVIEWER
You studied Japanese literature in Tokyo at Chūō University, and your first job was with a video game company. At what point did you decide to become an anime director?

>SHINKAI
Throughout my student life I kept on searching for something that I wanted to do in the future, but nothing came up, and I was starting to get antsy. I took the employment exams at several companies, just groping around, and in the end I joined Nihon Falcom. Ever since I was little I’d liked to draw pictures, think up stories, things like that. It seemed like video games was creative work, and I thought that could be interesting.

While I was working at Falcom I was drawn more and more to actually making up my own stories, and creating the video imagery myself. After five years I quit and produced Voices of a Distant Star on my own. It was incredibly fun and some people watched it, so I thought to myself, “maybe I can make a living doing this.”

Yet even after I’d made my next movie, the feature-length The Place Promised to Us in Our Early Days, and even after the shorter 5 Centimeters Per Second, I still wasn’t fully convinced that directing anime was the work I was most suited for. It was around that time that I was contacted by the Japan Foundation about taking part in a workshop in the Middle East on digital animation production, so I accepted. And then I figured, well, if I’m going to the Middle East I might as well try living overseas for a bit, so after the workshop was over I enrolled in a language school in London. I’d only intended to spend half a year there, but it turned into a year and a half.
>>
File: 1480975720154.jpg (39KB, 561x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480975720154.jpg
39KB, 561x456px
>>151144074
Fucking hell. Is this real? i can't believe i'm alive to witness this
>>
>>151144435
>INTERVIEWER
Was that first experience living abroad a turning point?

>SHINKAI
While I was in London I met lots of people who knew my movies. There were people who knew them at the school itself, and there were other times when people would just start talking to me about them in coffee shops. One time when I went to the barbershop, the barber himself said, “I know you!” and told me he’d bought DVDs of my anime. Everyone told me how much they liked my work. I’d been to get-togethers for fans at film festivals before then, but this was the first time I really learned first hand that there were people out there who were just watching my movies as they went about their daily lives.

But at the same time, I was also feeling, “here I am, I’m 35 years old, I’m not a Londoner, I don’t have any work, I’m not married, I’m nobody.” I was incredibly free, but at the same time I had this uneasy feeling that there was nothing under my feet. It was in the midst of this state of mind, feeling that I just had to grab on to something, anything, that the first contours of the feeling that I wanted to write stories began to solidify. So while I was still living in London I started writing the screenplay for my next movie, and when I finished it I came back home. That was the screenplay for Children Who Chase Lost Voices. I think that that was the point when I clearly decided that I would make my living as an anime director.
>>
>>151144444
>Fucking hell. Is this real? i can't believe i'm alive to witness this
my exact thoughts when i saw your digits
>>
>>151144444
>>151144552
If the post >>155555555 says Kimi no na wa will win the oscars, then the meme magic might be real.
>>
>>151144505
>here I am, I’m 35 years old, I’m not a Londoner, I don’t have any work, I’m not married, I’m nobody
Fucking wizard.
>>
>watch it
>its shit

Ok then.
>>
File: kill_myself.gif (581KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
kill_myself.gif
581KB, 500x278px
>>151144505
>“here I am, I’m 35 years old, I’m not a Londoner, I don’t have any work, I’m not married, I’m nobody.”
This guy had a hard life, but he still writes stories for us to watch ;_;
>>
>>151144640
Psst, your contrarian is showing.
>>
>>151144665
Now his life is completed, married (even tho she isn't a beauty), 1 daughter, successful in his career.
>>
>>151144762
don't begrudge him that
>>
>>151144074
Man, I got Shinkai'd a lot of times in the cinema.

When Taki discovered Mitsuha died 3 years ago
When Taki's phone full of Mitsuha's diary and notes starts to fade away and disappear.
When Mitsuha met Taki on the train and Taki didn't notice him.
When Mitsuha disappeared when she was about to write her name on Taki's hand
When Taki tried to write Mitsuha's name on his hand but he couldn't because he forgot already.
When Mitsuha forgot Taki's name, stumbled on the ground, saw her hand, and it said "I love you" instead of Taki's name.
When both of them passed by each other on the foot bridge.
When both of them saw each other on different trains, then a another train fucking ruined it.
Fucking Cherry Blossoms and Trains at the end scene reminding again of that 5cm ending.
When they passed each other at the stairs (I almost said "fuck you shinkai" out loud in the cinema but contained myself)

In the end, it was all worth it. Fuck you Shinkai for making me tear up for the first time on one of your movies.
>>
>>151144786
No, I'm happy with him. He teach me a lesson that you don't need to rush getting someone to married with. Just believe in musubi.
>>
>>151144672
Im fine with that. I was just sharing my opinion. It was a mess with plotholes jokes that werent funny and animation was nothing special. Pretty backgrounds, thats it.
>>
>>151144881
Thanks for opinion.
>>
>>151144899
You are welcome. I leave you to your circlejerk now.
>>
>>151144505
>he wrote his worst film in London
>after he got back to Japan he made his masterpiece

Really makes you think
>>
>>151144881
>animation was nothing special
It's no Ghibli movie, but surely you would've noticed the movie had some good character animation?
>>
>>151144505
>INTERVIEWER
Your Name puts more emphasis on entertainment than your previous works. Was it a very different production environment from what you were used to?

>SHINKAI
I produced my debut work, Voices of a Distant Star, entirely on my own. For all my other works since that, I’d been working in my own studio with my own small staff. With Your Name, however, more people were involved than ever before, and some had plenty of star power of their own. It was my first experience working with, for instance, a popular band like Radwimps, in a way that was very close to being a collaboration.

Our team of animators was also first class. I think any fan of Japanese anime will be stunned when they see the credits. Our character designer, Tanaka Masayoshi, works mainly in TV anime, and has a solid fan base of his own. Our animation director, Andō Masashi, is one of the great figures in the anime world. At Studio Ghibli he was supervising animator for both Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Other people with different roots were good enough to join in as well, people from animation companies like Production I.G. and Shaft.
>>
>>151144840
ah sorry, i'm used to spite and pessimism here.

i feel the same way.
>>
>>151144376
Guess Mitsuha's perspective of country life was closer to his perspective than Taki's. And here I thought Taki was his mouthpiece about people from the country.
>>
>>151144444
The quint magic is real
>>
>>151144994
children who chase lost voices is great
>>
>>151144881
>animation was nothing special.
>Animation director, Andō Masashi that worked on Your name, is one of the great figures in the anime world. At Studio Ghibli he was supervising animator for both Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away

You had me rolling there but you were dumb enough to not do your own research.
>>
File: 72672542.jpg (182KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
72672542.jpg
182KB, 640x637px
>>151144552
>my post got quads

It's all thanks to Yayaka and meme magic!
>>
>>151145099
I dont care about whoever that guy is, the animation was people walking and talking, it was not interesting, this could and probably should have been a live action movie
>>
File: 1479487433007.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479487433007.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>151144074
There are no cinemas showing it here, I don't even think there are any showings of it in all of Norway.
>>
>>151144918
Not him but
>thread about news of a movie
>circlejerk
>>
>>151145011
>INTERVIEWER
One thing all of your works have in common, from the very first up through Your Name, is the way in which—at the same time that they’re depicting the painful longings and separation between people—they are imbued with an almost cosmic breadth.

>SHINKAI
The nature of relationships between individuals, the relationship of feelings, was the single biggest theme of my adolescence. Why do we fall in love with someone? Why doesn’t that person we love love us back? They were these totally commonplace concerns, but to my adolescent self they were a vast mystery, like the mystery of the very cosmos itself.

Even today, when I’m married and have a child of my own, there are still moments when I suddenly feel that same bewilderment I felt when I was an adolescent. I think that this distance, this gap between people’s feelings, is something I will keep on depicting as one of my themes in the future.

And one more thing. Back in my youth I used to muse about why I was born, and what was the one role that only I could play. I wanted to feel that my own life was not just emptiness, that—even if it was only for an instant in the great current of time—my life was connected to a greater destiny. I don’t believe in any specific religion, but that feeling may be a sensation close to believing in a god. So given all that, I do have a desire to write stories that can bind together that tiny scale of one individual’s feelings and the vast scale of the cosmos and the stars.
>>
File: disgusted_luluco.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_luluco.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>151145208
>the animation was people walking and talking, it was not interesting,
>the animation is bad because it's not interesting.
Flawless logic you got there. Go back to your Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Jojo.
>>
>>151145208
>good character animation is not interesting
kys my man
>>
Finally watched it today.
It's nice, but I'll put it below Kotonoha no Niwa.
This is actually my first time watching anime on big screens and I feel kinda disappointed that the color are kinda washed out or not as sharp as I used to watch on my toaster. Is it because I already used to watch BD release with their color sharpened?
>>
>>151145208
>WHERE'S THE AKSHUN AND THE FIGHTAN
4chan is an 18+ site, kid
>>
File: Screenshot_333.png (28KB, 115x108px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_333.png
28KB, 115x108px
>>151145208
This bait is 3/10 /a/, what are you doing
>>
>>151145391
The Blurays will always look better than the cinema release. No need to be disappointed since you watched the inferior version of the movie.

But the experience of watching it first time in the cinemas will always be better.
>>
File: TL.jpg (388KB, 1000x3720px) Image search: [Google]
TL.jpg
388KB, 1000x3720px
Complete Timeline
>>
File: ksmoney.png (139KB, 323x306px) Image search: [Google]
ksmoney.png
139KB, 323x306px
Doujins when?
>>
>>151145458
Nice work /a/non, but you forgot to put the scene where Mitsuha went to see Taki in Tokyo.
>>
Friendly reminder that by the end, for all intents and purposes, Mitsuha is a cake creep chasing after a kid fresh out of college
>>
>>151145558
The Taki that she remembers was the same age as her though not the younger version.
>>
>>151145558
Come on, the age gap isn't that big.
>>
>>151145265
Travel to London and watch it there. Some German /a/non already did it.
>>
>>151145545
Oh right, I should put it in for completion. I'll wait for some more feedback (if there is one).
>>
Its dead in the Philippines
>>
>>151145270
>INTERVIEWER
You’ve also written some novels. Do you want to put your energy into writing more fiction in the future?

>SHINKAI
At this point in time I’m just writing novelizations of my own movies, and I’ve never once thought that I have any intrinsic value as a novelist. I think people have been good enough to read my books just because I made the anime. But I do like to read and write fiction. In fact, I spend more time reading fiction than I do watching films or anime. So I do want to someday write a novel for its own sake. But I also have a stronger feeling that I have to create works that my audience truly wants. Maybe what I am needed for, right here and now, really is animation after all.

>Source:(Originally published in Japanese on December 5, 2016. Interview and text by Itakura Kimie and Katō Megumi of Nippon.com.)
>>
>>151145449
Well, since this a Makoto Shinkai anime, I was expecting the same glorious pink cherry blossom I've seen from 5 cm/s and those nice visuals of Tokyo from Kotonoha no Niwa.

Also, is there any cat in the movie? All I remember is that doge that following Tessie.
>>
>>151145474
MODS
>>
>>151145733
A friend told me the cinema in megamall was half-filled this afternoon. Rip meme magic.
>>
Is this ever getting a wide(r) release in the U.S.?
>>
>>151146008
Yeah, Funi said they are planning a wider release next year.
>>
>>151145874
A lot of idiots were proud they watched it in kissanime.

Source: FB
>>
File: we are full.jpg (131KB, 550x526px) Image search: [Google]
we are full.jpg
131KB, 550x526px
>>151144074
>Why haven't you seen this movie in the cinemas yet /a/?
Because POLAND STRONK AND DON'T NEED CHINESE GAY CARTOONS

Also one of our potato eaters drawn all backgrounds for it so it must suck
>>
>>151144074
Because it's doesn't ir in my 3rd world country
>>
There's no way this is better than KnK.
>>
>>151146239
Which one?
>>
>>151146239
Kyoani poorly handle the story and characters. I'd better stay with manga.
>>
File: TL1.1.jpg (411KB, 1000x3920px) Image search: [Google]
TL1.1.jpg
411KB, 1000x3920px
>>151145458
>>151145545
Okay then, TL ver.1.1
>>
>>151144074
because it's not screened here
FUCKING KILL ME
>>
>>151146239
Kyoani fucked up the adaptation. If you read the manga better stay away from it. The only good thing about it is the sound track.
>>
>>151144074
Because this shitty country still thinks animation is for little children and only pixar/disney crap gets screenings. I managed not to watch the shitty 480p torrent but I don't know how long I'll last.
>>
Is this the first time Shinkai made a film with a good ending?
>>
File: creeped_out.png (102KB, 447x336px) Image search: [Google]
creeped_out.png
102KB, 447x336px
>>151146433
Yeah, after watching all the bad ends of Shinkai movies. This is probably the one that was send by the gods through musubi and heals my broken heart.
>>
>>151146162
this
>>
>>151145650
Maybe if I win the lottery in the next days
>>
>>151146100
tfw people actually believe the streaming sites have the HD version
>>
>>151146476
Anon, they only asked for each other's name without a single memory of the time they spent together. They could very fell decide to split when one thinks the other's breath stinks.
>>
post yfw YN-009
>>
So the teacher is from garden of words right?
>>
File: 1468028308621.png (18KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468028308621.png
18KB, 259x224px
AAAAAAAAAA THIS FUCKING MOVIE IS SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES AND GETTING GOOD REVIEWS BUT IT PROBABLY WILL NEVER BE RELEASED IN MY COUNTRY
FUCK LIVING A THIRLD WORLD SHITHOLE
>>
>>151146586
Yeah, it's also the same VA which is HanaKana.
>>
>>151146586
Maybe it's not exactly her but yeah.
>>
File: 1322685669537.png (3MB, 1989x2187px) Image search: [Google]
1322685669537.png
3MB, 1989x2187px
>>151144074

Because I'm not a mindless young adult sheep who watches things because of hype and that prevailing social attitudes suggest one must do so.
>>
>>151147042
Wait a second, lemme go fetch my fedora so I can tip it to you
>>
File: 1468281840121.jpg (455KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468281840121.jpg
455KB, 1366x768px
>>151146152
>baby shinkai
>>
>>151145874
Gateway had even less. I just watched it earlier
>>
>watching anime in theater for the first time
>scene with Mitsuha's tits and pantsu
>hand automatically gravitates towards crotch
>remember i'm not alone
>try to play it cool by doing some arm stretches
>>
>>151146239
>forced tearjerker bait made with less time and passion
>better
>>
>>151146595
no space patrol no cry
>>
>>151146586
People keep saying it's her but we don't know for sure.
>>
>>151145874
Has any movie ever filled cinemas here for more than the first few days? I'm just happy it got shown here at all.
>>
>>151147042
Careful with that edge son.
>>
>>151144074
Every time I go on the catalog I get reminded that this is only going to screen as a dub after waiting a year for it.
Fucking hanging myself with this rope.
>>

Because I'm in America and no theaters except for LA fucking show it
>>
>>151147527
Maybe it's worth the trip.
>>
File: CyJDluwUsAEcO-R.jpg large.jpg (273KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CyJDluwUsAEcO-R.jpg large.jpg
273KB, 2048x2048px
Fuck it. I'll dump some semi-official art here.
Started with this one, Album Jacket for Kamishiraishi Mone (Mitsuha VA), debut mini album 'Choucho'.
Draw by Tanaka Masayoshi, Original character design.
>>
File: Cx-wU9tVIAAOLdS.jpg large.jpg (38KB, 565x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cx-wU9tVIAAOLdS.jpg large.jpg
38KB, 565x1000px
Tanaka again, this picture was used as a lockscreen for Shinkai's Iphone.
>>
>>151147548
Is this on nyaa? I like her cover of Nandemonaiya, she has a nice voice.
>>
File: Cv2Ool_VUAE_LqO.jpg large.jpg (240KB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Cv2Ool_VUAE_LqO.jpg large.jpg
240KB, 2048x1361px
>>151147597
I don't know, but yeah she has a nice foundation, and a room to improve.
This is from an animator staff to celebrate big hit.
>>
>>151147579
Possibly the only way I would feel comfortable having an anime wallpaper on my phone would if I was an anime director.
>>
>>151147674
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=857275

Found it
>>
File: CulA1UKVYAEQt4E.jpg large.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CulA1UKVYAEQt4E.jpg large.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
Thank you for hard work from Tanaka to Shinkai.
The left pic is from Z-kai advertisement. Their first co-working.
>>
File: obq0jplGxZ1uu7duto4_1280.jpg (284KB, 1001x1500px) Image search: [Google]
obq0jplGxZ1uu7duto4_1280.jpg
284KB, 1001x1500px
Newtype cover, (Keit-Ai meme) by Tanaka.
>>
File: Cqu-_bHVYAEAcl2.jpg large.jpg (150KB, 724x966px) Image search: [Google]
Cqu-_bHVYAEAcl2.jpg large.jpg
150KB, 724x966px
Fanart from Tanaka.
These two are very relaxing being together. (Which we didn't saw in the movie)
>>
File: CqIgPQZUAAA0ENK.jpg large.jpg (143KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CqIgPQZUAAA0ENK.jpg large.jpg
143KB, 768x1024px
Premiere screening or something.
>>
File: CqxBvsAXgAAS9hn.jpg (124KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
CqxBvsAXgAAS9hn.jpg
124KB, 1200x782px
From animator.
>>
File: Cxw8DKjVEAAl1QF.jpg large.jpg (488KB, 1413x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Cxw8DKjVEAAl1QF.jpg large.jpg
488KB, 1413x2000px
Promotional art after 20 billion yen.
>>
>>151147312
Maybe last Saturday or Sunday? Can anyone confirm.
>>
File: o980dhq8dO1uq3bnuo1_r1_1280.jpg (409KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
o980dhq8dO1uq3bnuo1_r1_1280.jpg
409KB, 1280x600px
Promotional art by Tanaka
>>
>>151148100
DAT
ONE
SCENE
>>
File: o4ig410M3k1uq3bnuo1_1280.jpg (660KB, 1280x1807px) Image search: [Google]
o4ig410M3k1uq3bnuo1_1280.jpg
660KB, 1280x1807px
Cinema poster
>>
File: nz4w46XUEm1tq4vgb_500.jpg (125KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
nz4w46XUEm1tq4vgb_500.jpg
125KB, 500x734px
>>151148185
Flipped.
>>
>>151148185
why is taki like 1000 feet tall
>>
oh god make it stop
>>
File: CpvHlLbVMAAzuLE.jpg large.jpg (70KB, 986x881px) Image search: [Google]
CpvHlLbVMAAzuLE.jpg large.jpg
70KB, 986x881px
>>151148230
Perspective done wrong.
Mini 3ha by Tanaka.
>>
File: Col5Fr8XEAACwbn.png large.png (506KB, 952x900px) Image search: [Google]
Col5Fr8XEAACwbn.png large.png
506KB, 952x900px
Mini tkkn by Tanaka
>>
File: kurwajegomac.jpg (56KB, 400x385px) Image search: [Google]
kurwajegomac.jpg
56KB, 400x385px
>>151146152
>>
File: CqwjXqoWIAA0Iyj.jpg (71KB, 992x956px) Image search: [Google]
CqwjXqoWIAA0Iyj.jpg
71KB, 992x956px
And lastly, mini tomboy 3ha.
>>
>>151148134
A post in an earlier thread said Friday. Sunday had only more than a handful in places.
>>
File: Murderface.jpg (10KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
Murderface.jpg
10KB, 238x212px
>>151146239
>a truncated adaptation with shit pacing that fans of the original manga unanimously hated
>better than anything
>>
>>151144074
Because I'm living in a Muslim shit hole called Germany.
>>
>>151149050
That's no excuse. I live in a Muslim shithole called London and I've seen it 5 times.
>>
>>151149101
There are no screenings in here, though.
>>
>>151149101
London is probably the only country in Europe that airs it though.
>>
File: 1481398555245.png (286KB, 408x407px) Image search: [Google]
1481398555245.png
286KB, 408x407px
>>151149134
>London
>country in Europe
>>
File: d602c0fe.gif (122KB, 395x405px) Image search: [Google]
d602c0fe.gif
122KB, 395x405px
>>
>>151149050
>getting Kizumonogatari III first
>getting In this Corner of the World first
>getting the Milky Holmes movie first
>>
>>151149165
>>151149167
damn
>>
>>151144074
>it comes to Spain
>they´re gonna put some cheap dub
Well at least i have subs.
>>
File: 1361580384914.png (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1361580384914.png
166KB, 500x500px
>Why haven't you seen this movie in the cinemas yet /a/
Yeah why I wonder.
>>
>movie is about time controlling sushi
>>
>>151148471
>>151146152
>>151148994
Go back to where you came from.
>>
>>151146595
Where do you live anon-kun?
>>
>>151145099
Fuck off sakugatards. The animation was average, nothing compared to OPM's final episode
>>
>>151146586
Yes it's her. Shinkai confirmed it. Kana Hanazawa even reprised her role.
>>
>>151150880
Recollection scene was amazing and powerful.
>>
>www.bbc.com/culture/story/20161215-the-10-best-films-of-2016
Bongs love this film it would seem.
>>
>>151144074
Of couse it's doing well it's Shinkai
>>
>>151151060
thank you based kermode
>>
>>151144819
>When they passed each other at the stairs (I almost said "fuck you shinkai" out loud in the cinema but contained myself)

I'm pretty sure he was thinking "one last time you fucks" or something when he wrote that.

Still I think it made sense why the two of them did that. I think they were too overwhelmed at that moment.
>>
>>151148134
>>151148587

Far as I know it was packed in the weekend because there was a Toycon(?) or something? Dunno.

I watched it with my brother at opening night, last show (11:30pm), was mid-packed if that makes sense.
>>
I understood a lot of the "why this happened" scenes in the movie except for one. This i don't really understand why it was that way.

Why did Taki not write his name during Kataware-doki and instead wrote "I love you"? I am also pretty sure Mitsuha was looking at her hand when he was writing that one.

Aside from that all the other "happenings" made sense. This was the only one I don't understand. Can someone explain?
>>
>>151151060

It seems that Shinkai has a bit of a cult following in the UK, if his own words are anything to go by. >>151144505
>>
>>151151519
maybe he thought it'd get magically erased anyway?
>>
>>151151519
Because it would've just disappeared. Just like the messages in his phone.
>>
Imagine if Shinkai released 5cm/s (with properly constructed continuations instead of per episode storytelling) after Your Name.

I'm pretty sure there will be a riot or something.
>>
What happened to the Taki (in his own body) who went into the ridge and the circumstances of that bad end timeline? He just forgot about it and the village was still not saved?
>>
>>151145733
That's expected since anyone that cared enough already watched it somewhere else than a movie theater.

Only ones that are watching it right now are those who have either the spare cash to watch it again in a movie theater (considering this is the Philippines, not that many are willing to waste cash just to watch something again) and those that are intrigued by it from social media posts (which is not that many - if you're not already a weeb, there's not a chance you would see this).
>>
>>151151776
forever alone ending
>>
Do people actually go to theaters to watch anime? I could never imagine myself doing that. Always wait for bluray
>>
>>151145874
>>151147121

Are they going to show it on IMAX in January?

I want a bigger screen to watch it again on.
>>
>>151151884
Yeah we do. Because we don't care what other people think about us when going to the cinema. Because I'm pretty damn sure they don't care either. No one gives a fuck.
>>
>>151151884

I did, and had a good time. I wish I could go and see more Anime on a really big screen, but we're pretty far out here.
>>
>>151151884
why not? it's not like you often get a chance. plus, if you're that self conscious, the staff doesn't give a fuck, and this movie in particular is normalfag friendly, so you can pass as one - in the uk, the guy selling me the ticket complimented me over choosing this over star wars, said it's an amazing movie, and he looked like a normalfag college kid
>>
>>151151884
Why wait 6 months for a Blu-ray when I can watch it now?
>>
>>151144074
because it's not in my area ;-;
>>
>>151144074
some food for thought:
>>151151905
>>151151905
>>
>>151144074
>Mr. Rope breaking records
What's new?
>>
It's not available in my city, guess I just have to pirate it.
>>
Would Mitsuha look better if she had the tomboy ponytail, but it was tied with a red rope?
>>
>>151147196
But her tits weren't even visible. Mysterious Light-san saw to that.
>>
>>151151884
>Do people actually go to theaters to watch anime?
It's my first time watching in theater since I became a NEET three years ago. Anime on top of that. I had to really adjust to watch alongside other people (even though it's like half-empty since it premiered in December 7). I think it's strange how cinema works, really. You watch together, but you have to maintain the illusion that you watch alone and stop caring about others' existence (unless shit happens). Your eyes are glued into the screen and the screen becomes your eyes instead. Maybe it's great if you watch it alongside your friends or partners, but that is something I unfortunately couldn't do and you wouldn't even concentrate as well as if you watch alone anyway.

One family of three came in, turned out it's the mom who was really glued to her seat and kept watching. The kid kept asking his dad because he couldn't understood the film, meanwhile dad kept coming back and forth from the outside like it's his personal theater or something. Others are a group of five high schoolers who obviously got and two groups of young partners; they were all got Shinkai'd and gasping like almost nearly every emotional scenes.

The rest are single male otaku who some of them have already watched it. One of them sat two seats on my right, probably a high schooler. He brought his friend and then spoiled the story to him. He brought up how Kimi no Na Wa had 9+ ratings in whatever anime site he frequented (probably MAL). Then, he name-dropped the director's name, saying that the kind of anime Makoto Shinkai made are not superheroes shit, but deep and artsy ones (I almost kekked at that). He basically made a point that there exists anime like this instead of typical battle shonen, and also name-dropping Ghibli and Spirited Away too. What a lad.

Everyone laughed at the body-swapping joke and other jokes and stuffs. Some cried at the sad and happy scenes, usually girls. They seemed to enjoy it very much.
>>
>>151154931
Also, I watched it because /a/ couldn't stop talking about it.
>>
>>151146334
So was 9/2 not an outright swap, given that 9/5 seems to be Mitsuha's first time playing the role of Taki? (Although she talks about having weird dreams right before that)
>>
>>151144444
checked
>>
>>151144444
Stupid Yayaka, wasting quads in other people's Pure Illusion. Go back to your own anime.
>>
File: 1474195038946.gif (2MB, 196x187px) Image search: [Google]
1474195038946.gif
2MB, 196x187px
>>151154440
Mitsuha is great no matter what.
>>
File: 1480996641840.jpg (187KB, 1465x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480996641840.jpg
187KB, 1465x750px
>>151155260
7/10 7/10 3/10 5/10
9/10 9/10
>>
>>151155260
Of course, but she can be even better.
>>
>>151154931
>The kid kept asking his dad because he couldn't understood the film, meanwhile dad kept coming back and forth from the outside like it's his personal theater or something
I had a few people doing this at my second viewing, like how hard is it to get all the food you need and empty your bladder and bowels before the movie begins?
>>
People really lose their creativity when they finally have a fulfilling life, huh?
>>
>>151155308
Mitsuha!
>>
Just saw it in theater in France

It was absolutely terrific

So gorgeous
>>
>>151155308
the shittest of tastes
>>
http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw2556746?news_ref=video_ranking

Anyone speak Jap?

It looks like the article is about Shinkai responding to hater comments and criticisms regarding to his movie.
>>
>>151144074
Every week it gets harder and harder to hold off for a BD rip.

Barely holding on at this rate. I want to experience only the finest visuals Shinkai has to offer, and no theaters within a few hundred miles have aired it.

Feelsbadman.
>>
>>151155308
I want to take a long, hard sniff of her panties.
>>
Did those two didn't recognize each other because history has been changed so much that the present/future has been affected drastically for them?

(You know, change the past, change the future, etc.)
>>
>>151155175
But its quints you mongoloid
>>
>>151146586

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>151151776
No i think the village was saved thanks to him. But maybe because the past has been changed so much that Taki and Mitsuha probably ended up forgetting each other, or like haven't even met (probably wrong on that one)

They knew that they forgot something important though. So its kind of like a time change scenario (kill your parents in their teens, you were never born later on, etc..)

Still gave feels
>>
>>151146152
>STRONK

wat dis hav tu d00 wit tha animu?
>>
If only this shitty film wouldnt have botched the a last 40 minutes. Excluding the insert songs, the first 60ish minutes were probably the most I've enjoyed myself watching a movie in years. To truly enjoy the last 40 minutes one has to completely shut down, though.

OST is pretty great, though. Especially when you associate the songs the with the events. Some of them made me shed tears for almost a week straight when I first listened to them on loop.
>>
This is literally a rip-off of The Lake House.
>>
>>151160905
Lake house has Irekawatteru!?! elements? Interesting. I would give a try once.
>>
>>151160132
They didn't recognize each other because dreams fade all to easily after you wake up.
>>
>>151144074
But I did watch it

It was pretty good. Third act dragged but it got to a good place
>>
I watched this last night and am honestly failing to see what is so great. Yes, it has good animation. Yes, it's charming in a way. But it's not even interesting. The second act is a fucking drag to get through and there is barely a resolution, even less an explanation of how everyone got out of the village. It's not that fucking good.
>>
>>151160808
Exactly. If they hadn't made it about saving everyone's lives and had just made it a simple rom-com, it would have been so much better.
>>
>>151161839
so it was a dream after all? not a literal bodyswap through time?

Confused. Explain how Mitsuha is living then
>>
>>151162001
This.

Animation is the only thing that impresses me the most, others are mediocre at average and good at best.
>>
>>151151776
>>151160132
>>151160374
They met in the way that could possibly happened, they changed the past, and more importantly, Taki bring back Mitsuha from that underworld boundary (remember what grandma said?). Forgetting their precious memories would be a price they need to pay. Even so, they chose to challenge to world that separate them. That's why they still have yearned feeling for each other.
>>
>>151162293
Those swapping was dream-like experience. It happened. But they will eventually forget it. And also, see
>>151162339
>>
>>151162339
>remember what grandma said?
Why would they make an important plot detail said by the most boring aspect of the show in the most boring way possible?
>>
>>151162554
To make the loss has more impact?
>>
>>151151776
Just pretend there is no more bad end timeline.
>>
>>151162554
They also had him repeat "beyond here is the underworld" before he crossed the water.
>>
>>151155068
I don't think so, she said she dreamt being someone else, that means swapping happened. But how no one in Taki side did not noticed is still unanswered. (But there is an answer in Q&A interview, which has no scanlation yet)
>>
>>151146334
What are the words in the topic fields of the diary entries left on the 5th, the 7th, and the 9th that signify a swap occurred the day?
>>
>>151151451
In the Philippines it was packed at weekends. Im gonna go watch the final screening with my sister today.
>>
>>151163447
9/5 Tokyo Life
9/7 Tokyo Life2
First time Omotesandou Panini heaven!
9/9 Tokyo Life3
Odaiba aquarium with the two guys
9/12 Tokyo Life4
Visit to Father’s work place Kasumigaseki!
>>
Is there a showing near Seattle?
>>
Nation-wide release after Oscar.
>>
>>151164309
Presumably more boring on the 2013 side?
>>
>>151165796
Can't help it since Taki is a boy. His diary would be less fancy, more straight to business.
9/5
THE rural life
9/7
THE rural life2
9/9
THE rural life3
9/12
THE rural life4
>>
File: IMG_20161202_213838.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161202_213838.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
Your Name First draft.
It ended at Katawaredoki.
>>
I would but no theaters in my shithole I showing it and I can't be bothered to go to Italy to watch it in an italian sub I'll barely understand.
>>
File: Takeru_TDA.jpg (186KB, 2037x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Takeru_TDA.jpg
186KB, 2037x1440px
>>151166204
>It ended at Katawaredoki
>>
>>151163218
Maybe if we're lucky Funi will translate it and include it in the BDs (hahahahaha)
>>
>>151160808
>not enjoying the spectacle of the everything blowing up everywhere forever comet
>>
File: 1368567240010.jpg (59KB, 532x455px) Image search: [Google]
1368567240010.jpg
59KB, 532x455px
>>151149353
Are you implying I don't have any friends because that's how you imply I don't have any friends.
>>
>>151160808
>last 40 minutes
When did it start to go downhill for you?
>>
>>151166328
Yeah, That's the Shinkai'd ending that every one wants, right? Imagine the actual film end after pen dropped.
>>
>>151166790
Between Taki entering the cave and Mitsuha leaving the cave being Taki. There is such a disconnect between the first and the second half its unreal. The relationships established in the first half are borderline irrelevant in the second. The train scene makes no sense. The ending is drawn out way too much. And so many other things that simply dont add up, like, at all. The first 60 minutes were great because it was a light hearted story with changing environments, while the last 30-40 minutes are just a bunch of scenes that hardly even make sense and, at least to me, cant even be explained with "lol just enjoy the ride XD".

The dramatic way she is pushed off a fucking train as if she fell into a blackhole, the fact that she returns home being sad for no reason whatsoever, the fact that Taki knows that they'll forget each others name but still decides to write down something else, the fact that the father realizes that its not Mitsuha yet has such a hard time believing the story Taki tells, the fact that grandma realizes that its Taki yet neither believe nor helps him and a shit ton of other things like them not realizing the that they are from different timelines (even though using fucking phones that have the date on the home screen). Simply created such an immense disconnect for me that I almost got angry at all the wasted potential.
>>
>>151167019
I don't blame you anon. And I don't think you would bother reading the explanation either. It's creator's duty to suspense your disbelief and make the movie reasonable to the audiences. I would just tell you that there are quite plausible explanation for almost all that.
>>
>>151167019
Great, now reading your comment has also made me upset about the squandered potential.

But if what we really liked was just the first 60 minutes, does that mean that what we all really wanted was just Keit-Ai?
>>
>>151167170
Even though having all these flaws, the second half still made me "feel". I am in tears every time I listen to the last minute of Mitsuba no Theme. Doesnt change the fact that I wish they had made different decisions, or at least made certain parts a bit more believable. The train scene, while emotional and cute at the same time, is a turn of event I will never understand.
>>
>>151167019
>pushed off a train
It was her stop, and she can't miss it because the trains to Itomori only run twice a day.
>>
>>151167303
Sounds like I need to go grab me the ost
>>
You guys think Kimi no Na Wa will get to 400m $ dollars when it is released in the west?
>>
>>151167332
So why dont the people just stop walking when two kids are yelling at each other? Why doesnt Taki just leave the train with her? Why doesnt he leave the train on the next stop and tries to find her? Why does she return home, being all sad and even having her hair cut, even though Taki having showed interest? The list goes on and on. I am sure will be able to find some convenient explanation for all these things, but that doesnt change the fact that the turn of events is rather illogical.

>>151167343
Has a few really good songs so its definitely worth pirating.
>>
>>151167303
>>151167532

It's normal for her to be that sad. She messed up when she planned a date with senpai, just to realized that she would lose Taki to senpai if the date succeeded. So, she slept crying. At this point, her tied with Taki started to disappear because the possibility of Taki dating with senpai, plus Taki was woked by granma forcefully pull them out from swapping.
Mitsuha then woke up crying again, and desperately went to Tokyo to meet with Taki. It's like when you are on the verge of losing your love one to your competitor. She bring that feeling to Tokyo, even they hadn't actually met before. But she has some hope in her heart that they will know each other since they were in each other body. But when she actually met him, he couldn't remember her. That's enough to crush her heart. And that's why Taki in Mitsuha ran on the mountain crying because he realized he hurt Mitsuha feelings. When the train stop, you can't really stop walking even there are two kids yelling. And for Taki at that time, Mitsuha is just a weirdo who he interested at the last second.
>>
>>151167532
>So why dont the people just stop walking when two kids are yelling at each other?
Ain't no train gonna stop for that shit, we got a schedule to keep

>Why doesnt Taki just leave the train with her?
He had no real reason to

>Why doesnt he leave the train on the next stop and tries to find her?
He had no real reason to

>Why does she return home, being all sad and even having her hair cut, even though Taki having showed interest?
oboetenai
>>
>>151167150
It's kinda true that it's all over the place though, and was directed as such probably in order evoke cheap emotion within the spectator's mind. The tension drop at the end, back into the dreamy normal pace was probably made like that so that it can be rewatched and still be fresh. Like an endless cycle of escapism, so you can still 'feel good' every time you rewatch it. The movie is not only aesthetically questionable and logically unsound (as people already criticized it), but is also ethically wrong and not educational. Yet, people still think that Makoto Shinkai is the master of subtle juxtapositioned symbolism or something like that, when it barely has any substance at all as they got wasted and are only superficially utilized in such manner to evoke equally shallow sentimentalism (and J-pop, of course). If this is the next big thing, then the current of anime trend will degenerate toward shitty snorefest youth drama with "cool" fantasy/sci-fi elements in it. He perpetuates the prevalent stupidity, the longing of youth and shit like that, instead of banishing them.

Cheap shallow flick only good for entertainment purpose.
>>
>>151167915
> people still think that Makoto Shinkai is the master of subtle juxtapositioned symbolism or something like that

Seriously, who will ever think like that? Shinkai is famous from his simple, realism tone of story. I think you might confuse him with Miyazaki or Anno.

>If this is the next big thing
lol no. The industry will still pander the niche market as ever. It haven't go anywhere since Miyazaki.
>>
>>151167915
What did you think of 5 cm then? The same kind of adult angst and longing for youth is portrayed there, and not in a positive way. The ending doesn't reward the guy's wallowing, instead forcing him to move on from his past.
>>
>>151167019
Come on, anon.
Even teen girls could answer why Mitsuha was so sad after the train.
Have you ever love someone?
>>
>>151168274
>literally questioning why emotionally stunted manchildren on /a/ can't understand the train scene
>>
>>151168274
She wasnt really rejected, thats the thing. Had she snuck that ribbon into his pocket then fine, stuff would have made sense. But the way it was written it simply didnt. The entire scene was nothing but cheap, forced drama and while emotional still created a massive disconnect.

>>151168315
Please speak for yourself, apologist.
>>
>>151168367
>You never got your future wife, to go see you in your town and ask you if you remember her even thought its your first time meeting each other.
No wonder you cant feel anything emotionally implied in a scene.
>>
>>151168367
From her perspective, she really was.
>Taki had a date with Okudera senpai who is more pretty and Taki liked her
>even tho they hadn't actually met before, she still hoped that he would knew her (reminder that they forgot almost everything after woke up from swapping)
>he didn't remember
>that's mean she has no chance to even compete with senpai
>>
>Thatland
Fucking shithole
>>
>>151169010
Yeah, but the tickets is quite cheap here, only around 3-4 USD. Any Western folks could live here like a billionaire with just their pensions.
>>
How did Taki manage to never once find out the name of the town he was in?
>>
>>151169010
Don't you mean Thai?
>>
Sooooo, what's the eta on subs for this? I really want to watch it, but I don't know moonspeak.
>>
>>151170407
There have been subs since July.
>>
>>151170100
He forgot. See his face when he heard the name from Takayama-san.
>>
>>151170407
Six months.
>>
>>151170432

Any in anything higher that potato quality? Everything I've seen up until now is really not great. I mean I'm fine with waiting for something high quality before watching, I just want to know if there's something good out there already.
>>
>>151170871
will 480p eng/jap sub cinema rip do? i got link if you wanna "download"
>>
>>151145458
>tfw the movie could end many different ways depending on when you stop
>>
>>151145817
No, mods on you

>>151145474
Soon anon, rule 34 has never been not applied to anything
>>
>>151145630
i thought they were the same age?
>>
>>151144819
>>151146433
>>151146476
>>151166878

Ya know, everyone is saying that this movie has a happy ending, but I still think it's bittersweet in a way. Taki had to spend 5 years with saudade, and Mitsuha had to spend 8 fucking years with that feeling cause Taki was too stupid to write his name on her palm.

They also never got to have high school sex
>>
>>151171135
Mitsuha is 3 years older.
>>
>>151171135
In Taki's timeline, mitsuha was already dead for 3 years when the time travel body swapping shenanigans happened. So when they saved the town and Mitsuha survived into the present, she's 3 years older than Taki.
>>
>>151171230
Never knew that. I don't know where i got the same age thing from, but i was sure that there was no hint on my part. Only thing i know is Mitsuha swapped place with a city boy 3 years after her dead prior to Taki taking action. How does that imply that Mitsuha is older than Taki?
>>
>>151171225
see
>>151145474
>>151171086
>>
>>151171225
not as bad as 5cm though; that goes a long way
>>
File: 1481642851393.jpg (254KB, 449x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1481642851393.jpg
254KB, 449x1371px
I feel bad for Taki when he has to deal with Mitsuha's period, it must be a horrific experience for a guy
>>
>>151171307
because they were the age when the body swapping happened for them, and the body swapping happened three years apart.

Plus, the death record has her at 17, and that's three years after.
>>
>>151171357
Then does that mean when Mitsuha set out on her own to go to Tokyo to see Taki, that Taki was only 14 years old?
>>
>>151171398
Yep.

In the end, he's 22, and she's 25.
>>
>>151171412
She should've been a christmas cake OL for maximum HNNG.
>>
>>151171444
she totally is though; any longer and she'd have been past expiration.

I wonder what her job is though; he's an architect
>>
>>151171412
Oh right. Because I didn't think it through (sowwy), I can see what you said. Because in the first half of movie, with the body swapping happening when they are both the same age, i thought that they were the same age and didn't take into account that on Taki's timeline when he's bodyswapping, Mitsuha's already 20 (and dead)
>>
File: 1479164950448.gif (1022KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479164950448.gif
1022KB, 500x280px
>>151144819
Yeah man, that whole movie was just so full of near misses I was exhausted by the film's end.

>>151146595
>mfw Amerikeks can't watch this movie.
California is not part of America; it's too liberal.
>>
>>151171464
>Shinkai: With her embroidery skill learned from her granma, I think she would work as a clothes designer or patterner.
>>
>>151144074
Haven't seen in cinema because it's not running in poor third-world countries like South Africa
>>
What did the newspapers at the end about the meteor strike say? The weren't any subs for those. Were they suspecting the mayor of having somehow summoned the meteor there or being a prophet?
>>
>>151171580
My showing had subs for a couple of the headlines; one was about the supposed hidden agenda of the mayor, and another was about the mysterious explosion at the substation.
>>
>>151171580
That the town was "miraculously" conducting an evacuation drill at the moment the meteor dropped.
>>
>>151171580
Some about Miyamizu shrine and it's mysterious history, strange happening before meteor strike, Strange things about Mitsuha's papa who used to be a folklorelist-> a priest -> a mayor.
>>
>>151166728
Why would you need friends to watch a fucking movie?
>>
Frankly, from what I'm seeing, this movie seems to have affected more those who have watched Shinkai's previous movies than those that haven't.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you went in feeling that you wouldn't get Shinkai'd that easily anymore.

And yet you did. You still fucking did. You guys still got Shinkai'd each and every moment there was one in the movie.

That ending was the most cathartic thing after years of watching Shinkai's movies wasn't it.
>>
>>151172156
Not even a Shinkaifag before but rewatch thus movie for 13 times already.
Now I still don't have a courage to see all of his movie since I heard the endings were so brutal.
>>
>>151172156
I'll freely admit 5cm made me cry, which never happens for me, and seeing that train again in Your Name only to get a happy ending instead brought me joy.
>>
>>151166204
>tfw that's when I was most mad
I automatically assumed she failed and died again.
>>
>>151144074
Can it do it, guys? Can it beat the mouse?
>>
>>151172899
It all depends on US weebs now. But I don't think it could make 100-200 million in US anyway.
>>
>>151172899
Not a chance, Oscars are won by the side with the most money and most Academy voters give no fucks about the Animated category anyway, they'll just ask their kids and vote for the fun children's movie from the mouse rather than some Chinese fuckin things that nobody ever heard of.

Plus, the Academy screener DVDs are unlikely to do the visuals justice
>>
>>151173309
Someone Hollywood bigshot should partner up with Shinaki just like Miyazaki with Disney. That's the only way.
>>
File: 1481878392610.jpg (28KB, 469x409px) Image search: [Google]
1481878392610.jpg
28KB, 469x409px
>>151172899
Mouse?
>>
File: come on boi.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
come on boi.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>tfw dub as soon as it releases here
>>
>>151173372
Mickey Mouse, Disney's mascot. When we say "the mouse" we're talking about Disney, in a derogative way, because it's like a rat who won't fuck off.
>>
>>151171580
-How the town survived.
-How it was a miracle that most people survived.
-How it was saved by the last minute by a drill evacuation to the high school.
-How there was an explosion in the power plants just prior.
-How the mayor apparently has a hidden agenda.
>>
>>151173458
I wouldn't have a problem with Disney personally if they hadn't been singlehandedly responsible for our current fucked up situation of copyright lasting for the life of the creator plus seventy years, which is way, way longer than is necessary to make sure they profit fairly from it.
>>
>>151173496
>>151171633
>mayor hidden agenda
How could the man possibly have any kind of agenda left? He is currently mayor of effectively a brand new lake.
>>
>>151173521
Who knows, that was the subbed said during that portion.

I suppose people were suspicious that there happened to be an evacuation just before the comet chunk struck.
>>
File: 1394142718672.jpg (24KB, 340x333px) Image search: [Google]
1394142718672.jpg
24KB, 340x333px
>>151144074
>Even Star Wars can't stop it
I remember Youkai Watch beat Star Wars TFA last year. Japan refuses to buy into the artificial hype.
>>
>>151173564
B-But muh diverse cast with a strong female character who don't need no man, and Darth Vader guise!
>>
>>151173587
>Japan
>caring much about diversity
They think Felicity Jones is cute but beyond that, they're not wildly enthusiastic like Hollywood wants people to be.
>>
>>151173564
YW also did it this year.
>>
>>151173587
Pretty sure the woman would be dead a dozen times if not for veteran rebels bailing her from stupidity.
Still all those space battles and death star blowing shit up was fun. Too bad Death troopers are jobbers, I just want storm troopers who are actually competent or at least clone trooper level.
>>
>>151172899
Mouse is undefeatable.
>>
File: 1482132196470.jpg (150KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482132196470.jpg
150KB, 1100x500px
>>
File: fixed.jpg (174KB, 1466x500px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
174KB, 1466x500px
>>151175337
>>
I havent seen it because no dub yet obviously.
>>
>>151175628
>because no dub yet obviously
Except that there were dubbed showings, unless you live in Southeast Asia, in which case why the fuck would you want a dubbed showing.
>>
>>151144074
Because the theater is packed full on weekend and it's not shown anymore today ;_;
>>
>>151175648
because the art and animation is too fucking good to look at words at the bottom of the screen the entire fucking time. I actually want to watch shit, not read a moving book.
>>
>>151175816
Learn to speedread.
>>
>>151175834
my eyes are shit enough as it is. It can not be helped. I'll just wait for a blu ray release anyway.
>>
File: biggest_pleb.jpg (16KB, 409x407px) Image search: [Google]
biggest_pleb.jpg
16KB, 409x407px
>>151175816
>can't watch anime while reading subs at the same time
>>
>>151147773
It's been two years, and here I am, still waiting for a fucking movie out of Cross Road.
>>
File: 1447652138699.jpg (84KB, 820x762px) Image search: [Google]
1447652138699.jpg
84KB, 820x762px
>>151175878
>reading subs
>EOPs
>>
>>151175878
not everyone is cross-eyed
>>
>>151175878
>tfw watch it too much so I don't have to look at subtitle anymore.
>>
>>151176070
what a loser.
>>
>>151176206
Why? I, kind of, remembered everything they said already.
>>
>>151155260
Short hair Mitsuba a shit though.
>>
>>151151652
I wanted surfer girl to win. ;_;
>>
>>151146586
Yes, Taki and Mitsuha's love not only saved the village but saved sensei and the ending of the Garden of Words. Sensei is forced to go back to Tokyo after the disaster and hopefully meet her love again.

Motherfucking musubi saving the endings of Shinkai's previous animu.
>>
File: This is also Musubi.jpg (59KB, 550x345px) Image search: [Google]
This is also Musubi.jpg
59KB, 550x345px
>>151176712
woah
>>
I watched the 480p. It was fucking shit.
>>
>>151146334
Complete timeline when?
-1,200 years ago
Tiamat arrives in Itomori, splitting in two, creating the lake by the village and a crater not too far away. Crater is eventually hailed as the dwelling place of Itomir's god, an underworld where people must pay with their most cherished thing to get through.
The impact is well known in ancient Itomori, they create Shinto rituals about it culminating with a dance and the offering of kuchikamisake for the god's home
-200 years ago
Magoryo fucks up and starts a fire destroying all records on what the rituals were about, probably about how it was a comet
-Something years ago
Mitsuha and Yotsuha's mother dies and their gets butthurt about it, abandoning his children to grandma to run for mayor of the town.
-3 years ago: Start of the movie from Mitsuha's POV
>>
>>151176856
where 720p when you need it
>>
>>151176876
You want that to be more completed?
OK, Then. After I cleared my works.
>>
>>151177250
Love you, anon.
>>
>>151144074
I can't get over it having the visual aesthetic of a generic budget-y tv anime.
>>
>>151144074
I really want to watch it, but in good quality and where I live they don't play allot of anime in the cinema sadly so my only choice is to buy or rip.
>>
>can I ask Your Name - Kimi no Na wa™ (2016) 480p x264 YG Screener Eng Subs
Jesus Christ
>>
>>151149134
it's coming to Italy in January
dubbed though
>>
>>151177452
Same for Spain.
>>
>>151144074
Just watched this for the first time, just my kind of thing, cried twice, absolute masterpiece.
>>
>>151146595
I live in Canada too. Shit sucks bro.
>>
>>151177318
the animation is rad, tho
>>
ZENZENZENZENSE
>>
>>15116753
>why dont the people just stop walking when two kids are yelling at each other?
Country boy? Never ridden a packed train. This just shows how ignorant you are.
>>
>>151150880
solid bait
>>
> Why haven't you seen this movie in the cinemas yet /a/?
Because living in Russia is suffering.
>>
>>151144074
Germany, gotta wait for July2017.
>>
>>151177452
>>151177475
wait, there arent a sub version? shame the japanese VA did an amazing job and their ages was really close to their characters age, And Mitsuha is cute in anime and in real life(Her VA is Cute)
>>
File: IMG_2088.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2088.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Malaysian here, just done watching the movie after weeks of dodging spoilers and procatination. Absolutely fucking beautiful.
>>
>>151178207
Why were you standing on the wall?
>>
>>151144074
Ausfag, just got back.
It was fucking beautiful mates.
>>
>>151178207
Wow no watchers, here in flip land it always packed or mildly packed
>>151178386
Many people were watching too?
>>
>>151178543
Well here in Perth it was only playing in a small artsy cinema, which probably had like 40 seats max.
Probably half full?
It's a tuesday night after all.
>>
>>151178543
>here in flip land it always packed or mildly packed
I guess during peak hours?
Watched around noon on a weekday and there were barely a dozen people in the theater.
>>
>>151144074
>>Why haven't you seen this movie in the cinemas yet /a/?
Just watched it with my sister in a packed cinema, truly beautiful and a masterpiece
>>
>>151178596
Watch it on a weekend, its packed on a weekend and mildly packed in a weekday.
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (87KB, 1053x592px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
87KB, 1053x592px
DAT Poland bro.
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (47KB, 1055x586px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
47KB, 1055x586px
DAT fucking scene

Source: Interview with background staff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeH_YAS8yoQ
>>
>>151178207
>tfw Malaysian censors cut the shot of Taki!Mitsuha's pantsu
Even Indons got to see pantsu and sideboob
>>
>>151178596
>>151178543
It's a Tuesday night, 7.45pm airing. The cinema I went to was just a typical small mall sort that seats aprox 100 each. I think there were only 10 of us, which I liked since I hate the distractions and better seats. We had THREE subs so you can imagine the visual clutter we had to deal with. Can't wait to get the BR and bawl my eyes out at my heart's content, had to suck up the tears at the end.
>>151178817
Goddammit. At least that's something to look forward to.
>>
They had phones, how the fuck could they not realize they're in a different year?
>>
>>151179268
Musubi
>>
>>151178207
>Malaysian
>getting censored scenes screening

Plebian to be honest.
>>
>shinkai fucking loves space visuals
>still no space adventures featuring literal star-crossed lovers and cosmic trains cucking the protagonists
>>
>>151179268
The plot is retarded. Switch your brain off and just enjoy it.
>>
>>151179268
>DREAMLIKE EXPERIENCE
It tricks your brain, anon.
>>
>>151179389
No big loss, its not like Mitsuha is something to fap over.
>>
>>151179822
You missed the highlight of the movie, sux for you.
>>
>>151179389
It was only like three seconds of footage anyway. Not traveling to Singapore to watch the movie there for only three seconds of pantsu.
>>
>>151179986
Nah, the best part was the comet impact.
That was truly beautiful.
>>151180014
Its that empty in Johor?
I thought it was empty only in Kedah.
>>
>>151180565
It's empty even in the Klang Valley.
>>
>>151178817
Indon here, can confirm pantsu shot is uncensored.
>>
>>151146239

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Fucking KyoAnuslickers I swear.

Koe no Katachi is trash. Learn moon and read the reviews from viewers. It was so so.

Not to mention the animation in it was standard KyoAni OVA quality. Nothing really good. Remember, filters are not animation.
>>
Please stop bringing up Koe no Katachi.

Only good movies are allowed.
>>
>>151180625
Man that's kinda sad.
With Gempak publishing the translated novel I thought there would be more hype.
>>
When is the fucking BD release?
The wait is killing me.
>>
>>151178617
Not that anon but I watched it last Sunday in Mall of Asia, 2nd to the last screening that day. It was mostly half-full.
>>
>>151180855
Summer 2017
>>
File: brendan just.jpg (27KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
brendan just.jpg
27KB, 512x288px
>>151144074
Because it's not coming out here
>>
Tomorrow will be the last day for Thailand screening. Fuck this world. I want it to be on screen all year long.
>>
>>151144074
But I did at the premiere in my country. Also stayed at shinkai's press conference that.
>>
>You will never watch this the first time again
Why even live.
>>
>>151181526
My first run through, I had this empty feeling in my chest. I re-watched it 4 times now but I still have this empty feeling and all I want to do is watch it again.
>>
>>151181526
I watched it 2 times already.

Still made me tear up during Kataware-doki, "I love you", and when they met at the stairs.
>>
>>151181593
>>151181801
Keep it up anon! Let's beat old man Miyazaki together. Tomorrow will be my 15th time.
>>
>not having passcodes in their phones
how am i supposed to believe this shit?
>>
>>151181801
3 times and I will still watch it if my friends that havent watched it invite me.
>>
>>151181801
Man The VA's went god mode in those scenes. especially the Kataware-doki scene Mitsuha's face there, the whole screen went awe.
>>
>>151182032
In the interview, as I remembered, Mitsuha's VA was really dokidoki'd after she heard 'Mitsuha' from Taki's VA.
>>
Man, I was lucky I managed to watch it at the last day this airs in the theatres. Even knowing this technically is my 2nd time watching it, I still cant hold all the feels even then. I honestly wanted to cry at the end, but held back abit

Meanwhile, for some reason the feels makes me compelled to look up R-18 fanart of it of the fuwafuwa kind, that cant be normal can it?
>>
In my case, my heart get fulfilled with pure love, as the results, I don't have to do for weeks.
>>
How do I deal with all the feels now? It was the last day of airing in my local theatre but damn it was worth it
>>
>>151154931

> time posted 22:22:20

so close anon. Where did you see it anon? That sounds like exactly what I said in London panton street Odean.
>>
>>151154931
>they were all got Shinkai'd and gasping like almost nearly every emotional scenes.

>yfw you will never be a Shinkai virgin again and feel getting Shinkai'd the first time with trains ever again.
>>
Typesetted the pages translated by >>151082616

Feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>
>>151183903
>>
>>151183940
>>
>>151183972
>>
>>151184012
The lines on the 6th panel is a parody of the lines from the movie, "feeling" instead of "name".

I forgot how they translated them in the movie even though the scene is very powerful. My bad.
>>
>>151184102
>>
>>151184134
>>
>>151184174
>>
>>151184204

As >>151085367 pointed up, on the 1st panel is the lyrics for "Sparkle".

Translation is from www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/radwimps/sparkle/
>>
File: 1469841734901.jpg (107KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469841734901.jpg
107KB, 1280x960px
>bodyswap shit
>hyped to hell and back
>in the year of our lord 2016

Why.
>>
>>151184253

Also on the last page. I have no idea how to emulate having an accent on the third panel.
>>
>>151184311
>>
>>151184346
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-12-20/interview-makoto-shinkai/.110150

>Makoto Shinkai says that he actually likes Koe no Katachi by KyoAni

Well, thats fun to find out
>>
>>151184377

I'll keep an eye on these threads if someone translated the 2nd after story

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59360106
>>
>>151146152
Can't wait til Putin and Merkel partiTion you again
>>
These comics are so goddamn cute. I want them to grow old together and be happy forever.
>>
>>151184424
Thanks anon, At least i don't have to do them myself.
Loving these comics as always.
>>
>yfw Shinkai makes a new movie
>yfw Taki and Mitsuha are in the background together, going on a date.
>better yet, main heroine takes advice from an aged Mitsuha, but we never know her name until the end where it is revealed and show that she is with an aged Taki as well
>>
File: TakiCry1080p.jpg (37KB, 647x680px) Image search: [Google]
TakiCry1080p.jpg
37KB, 647x680px
>mfw the movie is international big hit but translators in 4chan haven't seen it or like it enough to translate shit tons of pixiv and twitter comic out there.
Should've learn Moon language.
>>
>>151184385
It's the only thing you WANT to find out, in that 10,000 word article. You cucked Kyoanifag.
>>
>>151171225
taki was right when he didn't put his name on her palm. it would disappear anyway.
>>
>>151184385
He just saved their face out of his mercy. Shinkai is a nice guy.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error090.png (1018KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error090.png
1018KB, 1920x1090px
Seriously, even in shit small monitor, the scenery is pretty.
>>
>>151184424
>wake up next to each other naked
>Mitsuha actually still calls Taki a pervert for lifting up the blanket

Really now
>>
File: 60315732_p1_master1200.jpg (134KB, 650x918px) Image search: [Google]
60315732_p1_master1200.jpg
134KB, 650x918px
But I prefer this after story.
>>
>>151184858
BD out already?
>>
>>151185313
lol nope, its still strong internationally so BD wont be released for a long time.
>>
Is this still airing in Japan? and I love Kimi no Na Wa threads, its compfy and all of us are talking about its success, cant wait for this to be released into the west.
>>
>>151184294

know this is bait but I’ll bite. Firstly I doubt you've seen the movie, secondly the art is amazing and the story while you'd imagine it would be clichéd as hell is far from predictable, it's funny at times and has a message to say if your brain isn't turned off.
There are some parts of the movie that fail to empress, the progression of the story is a little rushed and I think it would be better if it was a 2 1/2 hour film. So we can see more of their daily lives/ thoughts.
The two scenes backed with music to me felt a little out of place and unnecessary. While I get it's meant to represent to passing of time in the different locations it doesn’t suite the overall tone of the movie.
>>
So, best Mitsuha hairstyle? Theres shoulder length, double braid, ponytail and short bob
>>
>>151185502
Yes
>>
File: mQiPUCY.gif (673KB, 498x652px) Image search: [Google]
mQiPUCY.gif
673KB, 498x652px
>>151185502
This one.
>>
>>151185502
Ponytail.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error687.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error687.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>151185413
No way anon. But you know where you can get these shot 1080p.
>>
Mitsuha Hair Trend when?
>>
File: 1389702653016.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1389702653016.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
>>151185660

> those loving eyes, devoid of any mallice and illtent
> muh heart
>>
>>151186033
A maiden in love is so beautiful.
>>
File: 3.jpg (305KB, 1070x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
305KB, 1070x1500px
D-delet this.
>>
>>151179268
Do you have an iPhone? Surprisingly, the only way to easily see the year is using the native calendar app. You never see it on your lock screen, on alarms/clock, or messages/email.
>>
File: 1465424287534.jpg (35KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465424287534.jpg
35KB, 385x500px
>yfw you will never know what happens to Taki and Mitsuha after their meeting on the staircase.

Fuck you Shinkai for making me feel empty Shinkai
>>
File: 1481919032657.jpg (638KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481919032657.jpg
638KB, 1920x1080px
>>151186624
I can only hope it was something like this.
>>
>>151185481
>b-but it's so deep and unpredictable
What. It's neither.

I did watch it and was utterly unimpressed. Bodyswap is a concept that has been (over)used in all fucking variations possible, in all kinds of media. Now this shit is being crowned as the best anime film of the decade or something just because this nauseous cliche has been done in Shinkai's (also now typical and boring) visual porn + melodrama package.
>>
>>151186703
Nice generic response.
>>
>>151186724
Thanks. Really conveys how generic the movie itself is, doesn't it
>>
File: 1446398599409.jpg (71KB, 680x882px) Image search: [Google]
1446398599409.jpg
71KB, 680x882px
>fucking Thailand of all places gets a wide release of this
>but not America
Fuck you Funimation.
>>
>>151184294
>>151186703
>>151186885
You're not alone anon, here is director Shinkai's response to your critique.

大ヒット映画『君の名は。』を手掛けた新海誠監督が、18日に放送されたTBSラジオ「道上洋三の健康道場」に出演し、『君の名は。』へ寄せられている批判に反論した。

番組には今年を代表する映画監督として『君の名は。』の新海監督が出演。新海監督は、音楽に画をあてるという通常とは異なるプロセスで製作したことや、『君の名は。』に寄せられている反響について赤裸々に語った。

最も嬉しかった反響を問われた新海監督は、「無数にあって選べない」と回答。一方、最も嫌だった反響には、「新海は作家性を捨ててヒット作を作った」、「魂を商業的に売ってそれが結果的にヒットになった」、「ありがちなモチーフの組み合わせだけで、そりゃヒットするよ」、「こんなキャッチーなモチーフだけだったら100億超える映画になるよ」といった批判を挙げた。

これらの批判に対して新海監督は、「それはその通りかも知れないと思うと同時に、そんなに容易なことならば皆さんやってみればいいんじゃないかなとも思います」と穏やかな口調で反論。「売ろうと思って作ったものが売れるわけではないですよね」、「2年間本当にもがいてもがいてもがいて来たわけなので、『キャッチーな要素の積み重ねだよね』みたいな言われ方をすると、やっぱり多少腹が立ちますよ」と心境を明かした。
>>
>>151144074
Is there any showings near New Jersey? I'd go then if it's not too far.
>>
>>151187026
That's what you got from letting your country run by Jews. Now they want Oscar nominated label. Just wait for a month.
>>151187187
No, nation wide release next year.
>>
>>151187090
He's lucky normalfags would consume the same fucking shit over and over again if it's given to them in a pretty enough wrapper.

Even if it's a trope that should just die at this point.
>>
>>151187384
Yeah.
>売ろうと思って作ったものが売れるわけではないですよね
>>
>>151151060
>the range of lighting effects and painterly panoramas makes it the most spectacular cartoon of the year
>>
>>151186624
They fall in love all over again, finally finding the thing that their hearts were yearning and searching for but they could not understand. They will be together from now on not wanting to let go of that feeling that eluded both of them for so long.

Believe in musubi.
>>
>>151186655
Double dubs confirmed.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482263336597.jpg (33KB, 602x764px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482263336597.jpg
33KB, 602x764px
>>151186655
>>151187494
>>151187527
Here is the creator's word.
>>
>>151187625
Translate?
>>
>>151187625
>haha I'll just let you guys decide
I hate it when they do this shit.
>>
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/your_name_2016/

Did Shinkai finally make it to the big leagues?
>>
>>151187670
Roughly, this >>151187672 is accurate.
It's up to you now. For him, the story he want to tell you ended when the movie ended.
>>
File: 751.jpg (51KB, 600x795px) Image search: [Google]
751.jpg
51KB, 600x795px
>>151186703

> it's bad becuase body swopping

nice argument
>>
File: 1472597926525.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472597926525.png
1MB, 919x720px
>>151187767
I hate getting Shinkai'd
>>
>>151187709
>35 reviewers
Not yet.
>>
File: 1726975-poirot.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1726975-poirot.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
On one hand, I think it's rather telling that all these "deep" anime films can be boiled down to tfw no gf

On the other hand, body_swap is best tag.

I'm diving in boys

Time to get DEEP
>>
>>151187869
OK, then
>The feeling that 'I might know this person before' is a rare feeling even in our dailylife, right? When Taki and Mitsuha met at that staircase, I think they would hold dear of that feeling and met each other like a normal couple who met at the first time. I want everyone to help making the story after this (a.k.a doujin, fanfic, etc. officially permitted).
Legit moonreader please fix this.
>>
File: CycD3_BVEAAdVnR[1].jpg (144KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CycD3_BVEAAdVnR[1].jpg
144KB, 850x1200px
>>151144074
>>
What was the name of the song that was used for the OP in the movie?
>>
>>151189589
夢灯籠 / Yumetourou / Dream Lantern
>>
>>151189630
Thanks
>>
>>151176632
Read the manga
>>
File: Your-Name2 copy.jpg (28KB, 170x178px) Image search: [Google]
Your-Name2 copy.jpg
28KB, 170x178px
>>151149533
sup kike
>>151160645
sup nigger
>>151184428
sup faggot
>>
I'm so tired of these threads
>>
File: 3hashorthair.jpg (876KB, 3400x2392px) Image search: [Google]
3hashorthair.jpg
876KB, 3400x2392px
who /shorthair/ here?
I know that Taki prefer long haired girl.
But 3ha short hair is cute!
>>
>>151189970
No.
>>
>>151189970
I like her in that style as well.
>>
>>151189539
Cute.
>>
>>151189765
I'll wait for another 1939 to happen
>>
>>151189970
Wtf man. 720p. I want that.
>>
>>151185267
Where's the rest?
>>
>>151144074
Only if you knew how much they wasted in marketing...
>>
>>151144074
It doesn't air here. At least Milky Holmes does.
>>
>>151192350
Outside of Japan it seems to have spread mostly by word of mouth.
>>
>>151193910
It got a fair amount of advertising here.
>>
US release date when?
>>
>>151184424
>http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/6864886/kimi-no-na-wa-after-story
Someone already does
>>
>>151192324
C91
>>151195126
After Oscar
>>
>>151196668
Bullshit. It looks nothing like C91. How the hell is that a H-Doujinshi?
>>
>>151196939
Comiket isn't just for H-doujins, newfag.
>>
>>151196939
Do you know there are thousands of doujins out there haven't get scanned because of low demand, being non-h, or not touhou.
>>
>>151196986
>>151197474
sorry. lurked on /h/ for too long.
>>
>>151185267
Why does a vest magically appear on Taki!Mitsuha in the bottom right panel and then immediately vanish? Or does the artist not know how to draw bare shoulders from the side?
>>
>>151197801
But I will get that one anyway.
>>151198246
Suspect the latter.
>>
>>151162001
>even less an explanation of how everyone got out of the village. It's not that fucking good.

It was shown on a newspaper after the incident that the village was miraculously conducting a fire drill. Mitsuha successfully convinced his father.
>>
>>151182032
>>151182154

Which is funny since both of them are newbies. Well Taki's VA isn't much of a newbie. But still.
>>
>>151189970
anyone got links to the full MV of sparkle? need to see some clips of this movie in HD
>>

Because I live in Canada and anime movies do not come out here.
>>
>>151199046
It's in DVD, so the best you can get is 480p.
>>
>>151162001
Fuck you saying. There was an explanation of how the villagers got out.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error378.png (824KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error378.png
824KB, 1920x1090px
Can't really wait for BD.
Damn.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error919.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error919.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error231.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error231.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error494.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error494.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error922.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error922.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error306.png (1006KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error306.png
1006KB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error349.png (985KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error349.png
985KB, 1920x1090px
>>
File: vlcsnap-error049.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error049.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>
>>151200717
I want to drink her kuchikamisake in a cave somewhere in the boonies.
>>
File: BgOIZcv.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
BgOIZcv.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>151147579
>>
>>151200717
oh my god mitsuha
>>
>>151144074
Funimation is dragging their feet.
>>
>>151200717
I think if she put on makeups, she would be prettier than Okudera-senpai.
>>
>>151202641
No Mitsuha is great no matter what
>>
>>151200717
How does chewing rice and spitting it out makes sake? is there something else im missing
>>
File: ミツミキ by 92M.jpg (695KB, 1400x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ミツミキ by 92M.jpg
695KB, 1400x1500px
>>151202641
>>151202661
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>151202741
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchikamizake
>>
Man this movie hits peoples hearts who have been having a difficult time in their life right now.
>>
>>151202741
Fermenting it in god cave.
>>151202984
Feel like Taki.
Damn, Mitsuha is really naturally flirty when she is in Taki. She might even proceed to get Okudera senpai and Tsukasa if she hadn't fall for Taki.
>>
>>151203371
But how does Taki feel?
>>
>>151199028
I got the impression that they were live actors given lead voice acting roles. Among similar people they were better than most.
>>
Mitsuha in Taki's body and Taki in Mitsuha's body was the real OTP.
>>
>>151145650
i dont understand why its not playing in germany anyway. theres a pretty big market for weebshit here.
>>
>>151202984
Actually decent. But no
>>
>>151203736
Too haram in public.
>>
>>151203736
>>151204376
Just because refugees not happy with it...Im so done with this planet
>>
>>151144074
>Why haven't you seen this movie
Because I don't like Makoto Shinkai's shitty romance films that he makes as an excuse to display wallpapers.
>>
>>151203736
Embrace shariah law.
>>
File: pixiv59767904.jpg (373KB, 1438x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv59767904.jpg
373KB, 1438x1000px
>>151203637
Like this?
>>
File: pixiv60065809_0.jpg (171KB, 653x693px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv60065809_0.jpg
171KB, 653x693px
>>151203637
This?
>>
File: 147211233586691.gif (23KB, 520x599px) Image search: [Google]
147211233586691.gif
23KB, 520x599px
>>
>>151144074
Watched this. It's good.
>>
>>151147823
>>151167170
Already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit%E6%84%9B-%E5%A5%89%E6%96%87-x-%E8%81%96%E5%AD%90

http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
>>
>>151193910
It's barely getting butts into seats here in the Philippines.
>>
File: pixiv59565425.jpg (521KB, 1000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv59565425.jpg
521KB, 1000x1280px
>>151203637
Or this?
>>
Want to give it another watch but I feel the magic will wear off the more I see it. Have to distract myself before the BR release.
>>
File: pixiv58966057.jpg (248KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv58966057.jpg
248KB, 600x800px
>>151203637
Maybe this?
>>
File: 1457255939704.png (141KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1457255939704.png
141KB, 290x290px
>>151205591
>BR
>>
File: 1481963839469.jpg (2MB, 1416x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1481963839469.jpg
2MB, 1416x4000px
>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now beyond 20 billion yen (US$276 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>On the cusp of going beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million)

Is this the greatest meme /a/ has ever produced?
>>
>>151205591
>BR
>>151205662
This acronym really needs to die, it's BD
>>
File: pixiv59259557_13.jpg (2MB, 1508x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv59259557_13.jpg
2MB, 1508x2048px
>>151203637
Really OTP.
>>
>>151205675
>On the cusp of going beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million)
At this point it should have worldwide gross higher than spirited away. The source for that data don't include screenings in Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
>>
File: pixiv59259557_8.jpg (2MB, 1572x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv59259557_8.jpg
2MB, 1572x2048px
It would looked like this if they just switched their places.
>>
>>151205777
Which are not significant numbers. For example, Thailand, despite Your Name being a top hit, it only got 1.4 Millionn USD grossing.
>>
>>151205722
>>151205662
Well excuuuuse me acronym police. But seriously, I need that BD now and it's killing me.
>>
>>151205828
See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
and the sources listed.

That $1.4 million is all the difference it needs, unless you count undisclosed data of Spirited Away's 15th anniversary screenings.
>>
>>151196032
Thanks for the heads-up

I'm just irked by the image quality
>>
>>151205675
what was #1
>>
>>151205675
>Nominated for an Oscar
wait, what?
>>
File: koe_movie_data.png (161KB, 1211x1018px) Image search: [Google]
koe_movie_data.png
161KB, 1211x1018px
>>151205675
Wonder how high it can go. Movies stay in cinemas practically forever in Japan. Pic related where GuP movie stayed for 25 weeks.

I'd say somewhere around 25-27 billion.
>>
I finally gave up on waiting for a good rip and just watched the one on kissanime today.
I cried.
I was spoiled that it was a bittersweet ending and was expecting to get Shinkai'd at the end, but I like that it left clear hope for the two.
>>
>>151206027
Man you'd have been devastated if you watched it in theaters; the beautiful animation really contributes to the pathos
>>
File: 1437746837136.png (66KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1437746837136.png
66KB, 342x245px
>>151206027
Not only do you not bother waiting, but kissanime of all things?
>>
>>151205675
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139
>>
>>151206112
>>151206174
I honestly regret it a bit, but I plan to see it again when it comes to theaters here.
Was there a better rip? I didn't see one on nyaa and I'm not fluent enough in nip yet to fully enjoy a movie.
>>
>>151205675
Yes. Even better than Trump.
>>
>>151206437
The only rip out there now is a leaked 480p watermarked screener. There are a couple of others, but they're just a poorly upscaled and deinterlaced version of the original screener.
>>
File: 002.jpg (107KB, 750x1073px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
107KB, 750x1073px
>>151205675
2016 is the year of meme magic.
>>
>>151205675
>Keit-ai is thought to exist here too

FINDS
>>
>>151206437
Pro tip, watch it on a weekend(preferebly Sunday) The reaction of the crowd is awesome.
>>
>Thread is ending
Musubi
>>
>>151205777
And there is only 10 people in the cinema on a school holidays sunday in Malaysia since everyone is lining up for star wars.
Really sad when local magazine even published translated novel.
>>
>>151206962
Man, I wish I could, but then I ended up watching it on Tueday evening because that was literally the last day available

Oh well, just my luck. There were quite some crowd reactions still even though there were only like 11 people
>>
>>151207056
I watched it on a sunday, a 80-100 seat Cinema packed, I can sense the crowds jaws drop whenit was confirmed that Mitsuha is kill
>>
>Watch in cinemas
>Synchronized gasps when Mitsuha never finishes writing her name on Taki's hand during twilight time
>People standing up when They cross each other at the overpass at night, only to sit down after there's another scene
>People murmuring "GO" and "HURRY" when Taki and Mitsuha see each other on different trains
>Crowd goes wild when Title Drop Someone says FUCK when the credits rolled
>Feels so powerful a gril went into a tearful breakdown

This was during my 1st watch at the cinemas.The second wasnt as funny nor exciting, but watching this with other people is part of the fun, especially when they're normies.
>>
>>151207147
>>151207098
Man, for me, there were only like 10 people aside from me, and judging from their convos after, most of them are rewatchers and not normies or anything.

Well, what can you do when you are just back to SEA from USA and its not aired there while in SEA itself, it has already been 2 weeks since it first aired?

The ticket seller said that there was a big crowd when it first opened though
>>
>>151207199

I watched it during opening night, had to go out of work early, it was pretty worth it. Granted, the first time I watched it was at a major mall, the second was in the boonies.

Apparently word of mouth spreads really fast, the cinemas decided to keep it running until Friday this week, it was a success. That said, it could be attributed to repeat watchers like me, and not really because a ton of people watched it.
>>
>>151207147
Hopefully no one went out of the cinema whenMitsuha and Taki met on the overpass and cross each other I feel bad for them if they do.
>>
>>151207324
Man, by now people should realize a movie is not over until they turn on the theatre lights geez
>>
>>151207363
Man I just imagine no one could take that scene and just storm out of the Cinemas upset, they thought it was Shinkai ending.
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 114

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.