/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chuunibyou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

File: rikka and yuuta.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rikka and yuuta.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
Why did people hate S2 so much?
I get that it didn't have nearly as much weight to it considering the stuff they were dealing with at the end of the first season, but I still thought it was a good continuation of an interesting dynamic and a slower relationship buildup than what usually is presented. Some people said there was 'no need' for a second season, and while the first absolutely could stand alone with no issues, I feel like the second explores the awkward 'no one is really wrong but it still hurts' aspects of a love triangle with Satone extremely well.
>>
>>150867924
it was completely unnecessary and added nothing of value
>>
people suck
>>
>>150867924
Cuz it was fucking trash. The sales alone prove it was unnecessary.
>>
>>150867998
Nothing of value, you say?
>>
>>150868067
yes
>>
>>150868070
But pic related proves you to be factually wrong.

Satone's the only chuuni who does things to me romantically. She makes my heart doki doki
>>
>>150868135
>Satone
>of value
>>
>>150867924
Because it's a romantic comedy with no advancement of the romantic relationship. It's nothing happens: the show.
>>
>>150867924
>>150868165
This.
But also not to mention NONE of the characters were particularly interesting or compelling. They were literally all unlikable autists.
>>
>>150867998
I felt the Satone arc was interesting, though I wish it had gotten a bit darker. The interaction between a somewhat more normal 'I love him but I can see he's happy with her' story and being an 'I can do anything' chuuni was cool. When Yuuka came back in the rain to give her an umbrella after she thought she had gotten over it punched pretty hard.

There was a lot more useless stuff, sure, like the Morisummer episode, but I still felt there was some worth to it.
>>
>>150868154
Is giving people erections not valuable?
>>
I thought S1 was unnecessary so giving it a S2 was extra unnecessary.
>>
>>150868211
>I felt the Satone arc was interesting
Just because you think it was interesting doesn't make is necessary. She was literally a walking plot device of the absolute worst kind.
>>
What drew me into Chuu2 was the cute chuuni antics and S2 was more of the same.
I liked it.
>>
>>150868289
This, I actually felt the whole seriousness of the second half of the first season was unnecessary or at least didn't need to try to be so profound
It was a fine fun and cute little anime about a funny topic that I could relate to. The romance was cute and a nice bonus.
>>
Kumin-senpai is enough reason to love the show
>>
>>150867924
Because it adds nothing of value to the story,we already knew they were getting together anyway
>>
>>150867924
spun its wheels and all but regressed the relationship that had painfully developed in season 1
>>
>>150868618
>>150868289
We can be friends
>>
>>150871090
Can I >>150868067 >>150868135 be your friend
>>
>>150867924
It shat on all the character development S1 had, just to keep the chuuni antics. Introduced an interesting plot that was never really elaborated, so MC doesn't look like a bad guy.
They had the chance to make great things with S2 but missed them really hard.
>>
>>150867924
S2 love triangle dramerino is really badly developed.
The Rikka-Yuuta relationship doesn't progress at all.

Rikka going back to being full chuunibyou after S1 episode 11 is pure bullshit.
Kumin best girl. Dekomori is the most annoying brat.
>>
File: rikka and the girls.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rikka and the girls.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>150872078
>>150871828
>>150870819
>>150868849
This. Honestly it would've been better if the story from S2 was the first season and then S1 was the conclusion. After S1 the tone was much different, and much more serious, it was about pain and loss, and how people cope with that.

Here's how it should've been done:
>Yuuta bumps into Rikka around when school starts
>she finds out about his chuuniness or whatever
>then Satone comes along around the same time
>love triangle thing happens, but it's before Rikka and Yuuta really start dating so it's more like a competition
>Rikka wins out and they start dating
That would end S1, and then S2 starts with Yuuta trying harder to cure Rikka of her chuunieness while discovering the reason for it. In this configuration the tone of the end of S1 is preserved, and we actually feel like there is a conclusion to it all. Rikka will slowly becoe more normal and will connect more with Yuuta, Dekomori's chuuniness will also fade as her best friend stops being so chuuni. It also preserves Satone's character and gives a more satisfactory conclusion to that drama (Rikka wins and starts dating Yuuta instead of Rikka already dating Yuuta and then worrying Satone will steal him away while she refuses to be the least bit physical with Yuuta).
>>
>>150872466
replace Satone with Shinka
>>
>>150867924
It's just really poorly written. One of the most obvious examples is when Touka shows up at the beach with the kid.

First of all we're expected to believe that Touka would just show up in Japan with no warning without telling her sister that she would be there. Not only that she shows up with a totally new character that isn't developed at all and who serves no purpose.

Next the only function her appearance serves is to tell the rest of the idiotic cast that she thinks Satone still likes Yuuta. This could have been done by several other characters, particularly Kumin who is criminally underutilized as is and is supposed to be the most observant cast member anyway.

After that Touka just leaves as quickly as she appeares and is never mentioned again. Seemingly the only reason to have her there was to have some fanservice with her in a bikini and for the character designer to draw a loli. For all the flack KnK got it looks like Dickens compared to chuu22.
>>
>Isshiki literally gets turned into a meme
>Only one new character is introduced
>Character development is non existent, and even regresses for certain characters

Everything else has already been said in this thread. It's literally "NOTHING HAPPENS: Season Two"

Rikka and Yuuta don't even kiss, that's just disrespectful to the viewers.
>>
>>150872553
>disrespectful to american viewers
Fixed.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (69KB, 450x770px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
69KB, 450x770px
This guy was the true hero of the story, fuck everyone else.
>>
File: rikka molested.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rikka molested.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>150872509
>and who serves no purpose.

On the contrary I think she was a bit of a foil for the MCs. Rikka and Deko in particular interacted with the kid a lot, and it was interesting to see what the kid thought of them. It's hard to say S2 had a theme at all, since it was sort of a regression of all the progress made in S1, but I think the idea of "getting over" chuuniness was still in there to some extent. The kid thought Rikka and Deko were really cool, and liked to imitate them, which was interesting because she's the only character that really appreciated what all the chuuni characters were at their base.

At the same time, it should have been a bit of a wakeup call for those 13-14 year old girls. They need to move on with their lives, if a 6 year old thinks what they're doing is fun. I guess 6 year olds think a lot of things are cool, but it was an interesting dynamic to look at if you can kinda get what I'm saying.
>>
File: 1434483150383.png (1014KB, 899x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1434483150383.png
1014KB, 899x1067px
Why is Rikka so thick? Why does she have such a plump butt and nice thighs?
>>
>>150873103
to attract mate
>>
File: 1426125036158.jpg (61KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426125036158.jpg
61KB, 950x720px
>>150867924
It doesn't have a strong, cohesive drama/romance arc like the first season and people got butthurt about muh kiss. Also, a lot of people didn't get the chuuni stuff.

It was still good, but cute dating moments and SoL episodes didn't quite live up to the expectations S1 created.
>>
>>150867924
They should have made it from Shinka's perspective.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>150867924
>>
It didn't know whether it wanted to be a rambling slice of life with a quirky side topic or a serious romantic story
This was true for the first season as well but it did a better job of making it seem like it was a bit more meaningful by slowly dropping hints about Rikka's past at the beginning
I don't think S2 was terrible per day but it was unnecessary. If you really liked the characters and just wanted to see them get into more wacky antics with fun imaginary fights then I suppose it was fine, but people were expecting more since the first season went out of its way to try and make a message

As stated if they developed or handled the Satone triangle better it would probably have been much better received but they didn't go hard enough with it. That and having Rikka regress so much was pretty inexcusable. You'd think she'd have more moments where she could sort of just act normal in between chuuni periods but for some reason she was pretty much saying dumb stuff the whole time.
Idk I get what they were going for? But that doesn't excuse if they couldn't pull it off
>>
File: 1409872806703.png (404KB, 702x863px) Image search: [Google]
1409872806703.png
404KB, 702x863px
>>150872078
>love triangle dramerino
There was no love triangle. Satone specifically avoids this because she wants to support them instead of being a cockblocking whore like most love triangle rivals.

>Rikka going back to being full chuunibyou
The whole point of the show is that it's okay to be chuu2. In S2 she's doing it for fun instead of as a defense mechanism, that's the important part.
>>
>>150872643
Poor Mexihara never got a chance to cum in Kumin.
>>
>>150874185
>In s2 she's doing it for fun instead of a defense mechanism

Well, MOSTLY. I think people either don't know, forgot or never realized how averse to relationships chuu2 makes you. It definitely served as a defense mechanism for her to resist the various PDAs that were attempted throughout s2. It still woulda been nice if she could drop it once and a while- the fact that she kept calling 'kissing/PDA with Yuuka' as 'Releasing the Flame Dragon' was annoying and you'd think at some point she would be able to seriously describe it like it is.

I still liked it though, I thought it was very cute and would happily watch a third season.
>>
File: 1394649102922.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1394649102922.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>150874419
>she kept calling 'kissing/PDA with Yuuka' as 'Releasing the Flame Dragon'

That never happened. She didn't resist physical affection and her quest to upgrade Gerzoniansasu had nothing to do with kissing.
>>
File: s-[2016.06.20_19.01.57].jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
s-[2016.06.20_19.01.57].jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
>>150871131
Me and her are not real, we can't be friends
>>
Deko was the highlight of the show and justifies the existence of the both seasons.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.