[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter X Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
Considering picking up pic related.

Is the anime worth watching or should I straight up jump to the manga?
>>
>>150859880
read the manga and get the viz scans from nyaa
>>
File: 1466373398655.jpg (43KB, 297x223px) Image search: [Google]
1466373398655.jpg
43KB, 297x223px
>>
>>150859880
Watch it. 2011 is a great series. A couple places where the manga provides more detail/development, but it captures all the salient plot poinst more than adequately and had excellent production value. For a first timer, it's a more accessible and fun intro to HxH imo. Definitely read it afterwards though.
>>
Watch the 2011 series just skip Yorkshin it is shit
>>
>>150859880
Watch the 2011 anime.
>>
Why are so many people getting into hxh recently?
>>
>>150860204
>Definitely read it afterwards though.
>afterwards
You are a stupid person.

>>150860714
Toonami, AKA babby's first gateway to anime.
>>
>>150860714
I'm almost convinced its bait its been happening so frequent lately
>>
>>150860838
What's wrong with watching it afterwards? Let's you appreciate both rather than totally discrediting the anime because "IT DIDN'T PERFECTLY CAPTURE EVERY NUANCE OF THE MANGA!!!"

I swear, HxH fans are like the butthurt Harry Potter movie haters of anime.
>>
watch it but skip the last arc
>>
>>150861012

You could just as easily argue that watching a sub-par adaptation makes it so you can't appreciate the source due to already knowing the general plot. It's always best to watch the best version first, then use the extra time to do something else, only watching the adaptation if you really have nothing better to do.
>>
>>150861149
What? Chimera ant arc had the best moments of the series.

>Literally everything that happens in episode 111
>Netero vs Meruem
>Gon-san
>Spiders vs. Ants

All of those sequences were awesome. Plus, it had the best OST of the whole show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43wzP6A1CM
>>
File: latest[1].png (191KB, 273x357px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
191KB, 273x357px
Killua is CUTE!
>>
>>150861324
>Plus, it had the best OST of the whole show
I couldn't stand the same 3 songs rolling over the scenes tho (thrilling song, happy song, pirate one piece wanna be song). Endings were great, I'm still salty they never changed the Opening song
>>
>>150859880
Watch the 2011 anime, the manga is shit, dont listen to whatever manga faggots try to tell you, I made the mistake of reading it first, this is literally the only time I would recommend watching the anime over reading it, fucking Togashi is a mess, once you get to Greed Island, half of his chapters start looking like rushed crap, the fucker also draws a single page each month or something, since he only releases chapters once every 2 years, not even Miura pulls this kind of shit.
>>
>>150861275
I disagree. For example, I love the Berserk anime for a lot of elements of its storytelling that are unique to that medium. Doesn't mean that I still don't recognize that the manga is still ultimately the superior format of the narrative, but it's hard to appreciate the merits of the anime if you're just going to compare it to its source material rather than evaluate it on its own. Hell, I'd say knowing the overall plot actually helps you appreciate more of the subtleties of the story and the craft of the manga in a lot of cases.

The problem with HxH is that, desu, the manga is somewhat lacking in merit BEYOND the story because Togashi is so often just phoning it in with the art. It's a weird case in that regard.
>>
File: 2i8w5yp.jpg (198KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
2i8w5yp.jpg
198KB, 642x960px
>>150861012
>"IT DIDN'T PERFECTLY CAPTURE EVERY NUANCE OF THE MANGA!!!"
Thats actually good news, seeing as this is how the manga looks 30% of its chapters.
>>
File: 1481158570904.jpg (184KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1481158570904.jpg
184KB, 665x662px
>>150861589
DELET PLS
>>
>>150861589
I understand during the chimera ant arc he was having back and heart problems but did the official volumes look like this he didn't re-draw them I get he's one man but shit
>>
>>150860316
>skip Yorkshin
Unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>150861538
>berserk wank again
Berserk has always had terrible composition and proportions and it's currently at its lowest point with ugly, stiff moeshit art.
HxH easily has more merit beyond the story(Berserk doesn't even have that anymore) with its paneling, composition, and knowing when to add details.
>>
End of the Chimera Ant arc is the first time in like, 15 years that I've actually shed a tear for an anime.
Didn't full out cry, but fuck man, it got me pretty hard, did not expect that from a generic shounen.
>>
>>150863223
>paneling, composition, and knowing when to add details
>>
>>150863364
Dont worry, next arc is exactly what you would expect from a shitty generic shounen, I would actually advise to stop watching or reading HxH at that point.
>>
>>150861012
You said READ afterwards. Calm your ass down and proofread your posts before you submit.
>>
File: level-e-2-pic-2.jpg (129KB, 681x1100px) Image search: [Google]
level-e-2-pic-2.jpg
129KB, 681x1100px
>>150861538
>The problem with HxH is that, desu, the manga is somewhat lacking in merit BEYOND the story because Togashi is so often just phoning it in with the art. It's a weird case in that regard.
It's honestly mind boggling considering, Togashi has drew Level E quite nicely 20 years ago
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.