[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charlotte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

I finally finished Charlotte after putting it on the backburner for the longest time so lets have a Charlotte thread.
What did you guys think about it?
>>
it was all good until time travel got involved, like always

little sister should had stayed dead

also FUCK this FUCKING FAGGOT stealing powers, how fucking condescendent can you even be you fucking bitch

i mean id forgive him if it was because he was greedy but to save the others? what a fucking bitch
>>
The last episode has to be one of the most unique and memorable episodes in anime.
>>
>>150847716
lmao nice edge there, anon
>>
>>150847719
This desu. Most of the anime ranged from decent to mediocre but the ending was surprisingly good.
>>
Would have been good if it was 2 cours. It felt too rushed. Characters were forgotten. (We didn't even know why the guy with super speed kept saying his powers were teleporting), the romance was forced. His mission of going around the world to steal powers was packed into a single episode which made it shittier than it is.
>>
File: 1439656855759.png (176KB, 497x464px) Image search: [Google]
1439656855759.png
176KB, 497x464px
Threads were pretty fun, show was alright.
>>
File: snapshot_09.22.png (832KB, 1053x590px)
snapshot_09.22.png
832KB, 1053x590px
>>150847881
I agree, I would've liked to see more scenes with Nao and Yuu to actually develop the relationship but alas thats how it ended.
Though I felt like him not just healing his eye, going back in time to save kumagami and THEN stealing all the powers (All he had to do was get that Angelo guy's powers and he'd be set honestly) was stupid.
>>
Shit after out from episodic episode.
>>
>>150847716
I agree, arbitrarily deciding that powers are inherently bad for everyone.

But that kinda reflects the Japanese mentality that "normal is better".
>>
Inoffensive first half, clusterfuck of a second half, and an ending that was literally a season's worth of content shoved into 20 minutes making it genuinely impressive for all the wrong reasons.

Nao and Yuu were cute together though, shame they barely got screentime dedicated to them as a pair otherwise I could forgive the ending if it at least delivered a good romance.
>>
>>150847645
last episode should have been it's own season
>>
File: Charolette.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px)
Charolette.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>150847881
I was following the studio news while it was airing. The didn't know if they would get enough revenue for a 2nd cour, but they paced out the first half of the first cour as if were going to be 2. Half way through, they realized that it would have to be 1 cour, so they basically crammed the rest of the story into the last half. It is still one of my favorite shows.
>>
File: 1476025525655.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476025525655.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>The OVA was just another superpower of the week episode and not a follow up from the ending
Everytime
>>
>>150847716
Yeah, that time travel bullshit ruined the anime. If you kill and important character don't revive it, and not after the MC goes to shit for it. When the sisters was dead it was not only a shock, it showed that didn't matter what kind of powers they had you can bring dead to life also it cut time of an interesting romance.
>>
File: 1474642859202.jpg (128KB, 1440x810px)
1474642859202.jpg
128KB, 1440x810px
Charlotte was pretty good, should have been longer though. Nao was very cute.

>>150848316
Fucking this.
I really fucking hate leaving an OVA until last when you get an ending and then bam your thrown back to the middle of the story again out of nowhere. Sure, I could've looked it up to check but I like going in blind.
>>
>>150847993
If Maeda simply didn't include that scene/power then the dumb situation could have been completely side-stepped. There was a whole dilemma of what would ultimately do more good, removing powers or using the healing power to save lives, but it was kind of glazed over because he had already made up his mind.
>>
>>150847645
I felt as if the first few episodes were solid. Then it was OK until it got into the second half. The writing and pacing got pretty bad. Also the main character going crazy twice was forced. I liked the animation and music but the story wasn't there and the side characters while inoffensive at first got annoying over time. Also the time travel bullshit was unnecessary, and I'm a huge sucker for time travel. 4/10
>>
>>150847881
It could have been 4 cours, that last episode could have be a completely different anime all by itself.
>>
>>150848964
Y'know right from the point where he got his eye cut and it was revealed that he couldn't use time travel anymore I immediately thought that the solution was just to find someone to heal it and then solve all the problems.
But of course that didn't happen and we got THAT ending instead
>>
>>150847833
>>150847719

The last episode covered an entire season worth of material. It wasn't bad, but it was a big waste of potential.
>>
>>150849135
It would get boring fast as the MC rapidly becomes overwhelmingly overpowered against people who can make dots appear on a map or have the power of courage and shit. Darker Than Black starring Gary Stu.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (13KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
13KB, 480x268px
Why did they have to give it the most generic ending ever.

Everything about the last episode was just so awful, I enjoyed most of the stuff before it.
>>
>>150849100
You'd think that after going nuts once he'd have some resistance to it or whatever.
But nope, lets go crazy again and forget everyone this time.

In a sense it makes him more human I guess.
>>
>>150849168
It doesn't have to all be about the superpowers. As the last episode showed with its 30 second scenes trying to make it look like a moral dilemma in their trainwreck, there's plenty of room for character focus instead.
>>
Would charlotte have been better off as a Visual novel as opposed to an anime? I got that vibe with angel beats too. The actual anime are messes that could be fixed with a VN's worth of pacing.
>>
>>150849359
That's basically what Charlotte was before the time travel ramped up the action. Except that all anime is required to take place in a Tokyo high school setting.
>>
>>150849442
Obviously. Charlotte blatantly comes off as VN material at points, like the majority of Yuu's existence during the episodes directly after the first one just being thinking to himself as he follows Nao around instead of actually saying much.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.