[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion 3.33

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: Mari Gainax bounce.gif (963KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mari Gainax bounce.gif
963KB, 500x281px
So what's the general consensus on the last Rebuild movie? I just rewatched it, I'd forgotten what a bummer it was. I don't taking the story in a different direction, but it's a pretty drastic change.

Love Mari though.
>>
Was this the Kaworu one? It's still not clear on if it's a sequel or alternate universe or what...and I'm getting tired of each movie ending with Shinji starting another ANOTHER "third" impact.
>>
It seems like they were lost without the original series as a framework. It didn't feel in any way like Eva and the plot is pure fluff. 1 and 2 were fine but unspectacular. I don't know who this is supposed to be for or what it was trying to accomplish
>>
File: pixiv49246387.jpg (175KB, 459x960px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv49246387.jpg
175KB, 459x960px
>>150719239
It's the Kaworu one, although he appears briefly in the first two.

I think it's just supposed to be an alternate story, like the manga where they're all living a normal school life.
>>
File: pixiv43755074.jpg (190KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv43755074.jpg
190KB, 480x640px
>>
>Love Mari though.

Why, she is a non character
>>
>>150719120
Mari serves absolutely no purpose and is the worst thing to happen to the franchise.
>>
>>150719801
>>150719838
I just like her character design and personality.
>>
File: 1010.png (438KB, 661x752px) Image search: [Google]
1010.png
438KB, 661x752px
>>150719120
It was fucking gay
>>
It's a bunch of nonsense. I'll admit I had a hard time understanding some of the exposition in the series because I'm a fucking idiot, but at least there was exposition. 3.33 makes no attempt to clue the viewer in as to what is going on. The climax especially is just a stream of bullshit.
>>
>>150719325
The only thing the Rebuilds did better than the series was the Ramiel fight.
>>
>>150719120
I rewatched it last month for the first time since the BD release expecting my earlier judgment on it may have been too harsh, turned out worse than the first time.

I initially thought that the movie went to shit after Shinji left Wille but the movie actually starts sucking the moment he is reunited with Misato and everything devolves into technobabble exposition, nonsensical action sequences and fat lots of nothing.
>>
Just felt dull and pointless, all the characters are now older assholes, and all of the developments and plot threads from the first two movies were thrown to the wind
>>
>>150719120
3.33 was like watching an outhouse tip over. Multi-layered awfulness that has next to no chance of being redeemed with 4.0, which may as well take another 5 years to be released. I seriously can't think of a single positive thing about it other than that it was fuel for some great doujins.
>>
File: the quest for more money.jpg (35KB, 298x500px) Image search: [Google]
the quest for more money.jpg
35KB, 298x500px
>>150719120
I feel like the Rebuilds retroactively try to change the original+EoE, and fail even at that.
It's just Ultraman with wild kinky women, gay space Jebus and mass market appeal. It feels like the art and story direction were made in a conference room. It also feels like the whole project from storyboards and concept art onwards was modified over and over again to be as marketable as possible.
Anno 20 years ago may have been someone with a personal story to tell. Now he's just a businessman trying to ensure that his franchise keeps selling nerv beach towels and instrumentality chairs forever. Curse the chair and the chairmaker.
>>
it's a complete mess
>>
>>150724235
I have Tenchi manga series. Canon in my heart!
>>
>>150719120
Absolute garbage and none of the characters manage to have much of a personality despite all their screentime. Every single person also acts like an idiot 24/7 because the shitty plot demands it.
>>
>>150720159
What personality? She's had like five lines so far.
>>
>>150722395
This
>>
File: 200_s.gif (8KB, 228x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
8KB, 228x200px
>He hates Mari.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.