[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no Na wa. / Your Name.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 60

File: 君の名は。.jpg (476KB, 1900x1170px) Image search: [Google]
君の名は。.jpg
476KB, 1900x1170px
Today's the last day it's airing in theaters in Los Angeles. It's still showing in the UK too.

Have you seen it yet /a/?
>>
>>150698189
>Today's the last day it's airing in theaters in Los Angeles.
Ah I wish I was back home.
>>
>>150698232
>>150698232
Where are you now /a/non-kun?
>>
File: 1445960997515.jpg (39KB, 469x493px) Image search: [Google]
1445960997515.jpg
39KB, 469x493px
>>150698273
Too far.
>>
Yes, I enjoyed it a lot despite its flaws. Have stopped myself going again because I'm sure it's the type of thing that loses almost all of its shine the second time round.

Also had the advantage of seeing it in quite a small arthouse cinema with mostly older people who are regulars there so no cringy audience. That helped a lot I think.
>>
>>150698189
how do i know if this airs in my country too?
>>
>>150698834
Google it I guess.

I just typed Your name [my city] showings and it came up with a list.
>>
File: 60026440_p0.jpg (4MB, 1250x2310px) Image search: [Google]
60026440_p0.jpg
4MB, 1250x2310px
>>150698189
I loved it. Good mix of humour, drama and surprisingly likeable characters, especially Mitsuha. Hope to see it again over the weekend.
>>
>>150698811
I watched it again after seeing it at AX and to my surprise I enjoyed it even more than the first time. There are many moments early in the movie that foreshadow events in the film. There were many moments I got excited and went "Holy shit!" to myself since they were so geniusly subtle.
>>
>>150698890
tried, but i don't even know if there will be screenings in germany. Google doesn't help at all
>>
>>150700380
The only screenings going on as far as I know are in Los Angeles, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
>>
>>150699003
Fuck off.
>>
>>150700380
Why not daytrip it to London to see it?
Oh wait, right... Brexit.
>>
>>150698189
>>
UK here. I watched it a second time yesterday. First time was dubbed, second was subbed.

>>150698811
I still enjoyed it the second time around, personally. But for different reasons. All the suspense after the 'twist' was obviously gone, but appreciation for the characters and their little quirks was a little bit better. I paid more attention to the OSt and how it added to scenes too, which was nice.

>cinema with mostly older people who are regulars there so no cringy audience.
Envious of this. First time it was a regular chain cinema and it was surprisingly packed. People laughed pretty loudly, but on hindsight, it wasn't much more obnoxious than any other movie you'd go to watch.

Second time was at an 'arthouse' cinema and the audience was more cringey. I made a thread about it yesterday, but there was a guy that shouted out sugoi in a really weeby way at some point. People were laughing before the punchline to jokes because of the subs and one of the worst things, IMO, was the watashi/watakushi/ore/boku gag that people have mentioned in the past. People laughed at it, but I don't think they'd have gotten it if the subs didn't lay it on so think and actually say

>I (watashi), I (watakushi), etc.

Even then, the laughter felt a lot more forced.
>>
>>150698189
I still think that Taki's memos deleting was bullshit.
>>
>>150702984
It would have made sense if it happened at a later point, but there and then was way too convenient. I can suspend my disbelief for the rest of it too.
>>
File: 1480983712362.jpg (240KB, 900x718px) Image search: [Google]
1480983712362.jpg
240KB, 900x718px
>>150702948

Saw it two times, both subbed, one at Odeon Penton Street and the other in the Prince Charles Cinema. I cannot watch anime dubbed, english VOs IMO are not in the same league as nip ones.

I really liked how each VO was able to impersonate the other, Taki's VO was able to accurately replicate Mitsuha's Cadence. and Mitsuha's the same, I found both of them cute and very likable characters and I felt kinda bad when I realised mitsuha died. Whilst it made it very obvious with the café owner's reaction to Taki's question it didn't make it suck any less, I liked her. She dindu nuffin, she a good girl who went to shrine, tryin to get her life on track

On rewatching it, I noticed a few themes, the most obvious being the red string of fate thing they have going on which pretty much confirms they end up together at the end, which i'm rather glad for but also is a past-present theme going on, Mitsuha living an older fashioned life with taki living a life associated with modernity. Kinda literally too when we find out Taki's timeline is three years ahead of Mitsuha's

The Soundtrack was pretty good, I bought it after in fact. I also heard Mitsuha's version of Nandemonaiya which i honestly prefer to the one by RADWIMPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XtrostcMs I liked the soundtrack alot however, my favourite non vocal track is probably the Kuchikamizake trip, Vocal is probably Dream Lantern or Zenzenzense

In all, i enjoyed it greatly, It looks gorgeous, they do a good job of making you actually like the characters, the performances from both Taki and Mitsuha's VOs are great, I found it funny and the soundtrack is pretty good.
>>
>>150704319
Yeah, there are a lot of contrasting themes. Tradition, modern; old, new; city, village, boy, girl and so on.

Surprised you didn't noticed the red string of fate the first time through. They lay it on pretty thick in the OP and on from there.

The dub VAs aren't horrible as far as dub VAs go. Miitsuha's VA is pretty generic, but has some range and Taki's VA actually manages to make his voice sound pretty feminine, without forcing it too hard, when in Mitsuha is in his body.

Still got nothing on the Japanese ones.

Can't wait to get a BD release so I can watch it at home.
>>
File: 1480546055593.jpg (534KB, 729x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1480546055593.jpg
534KB, 729x1032px
>>150704518

In my defence I didn't know out what red string of fate really meant until like a day after I saw it. I think they're both good characters and I'm glad it ended as it did. Knowing Shinkai, he'd have them both devoured by mountain lions or something.

Did you get shivers in your spine when during the Kuchikamizake trip you see the massive comet coming straight down after being reflected in Mitsuha's eyes?

I also await the BD release greatly, This is probably my second film of 2016.
>>
>>150704875
>Did you get shivers in your spine when during the Kuchikamizake trip you see the massive comet coming straight down after being reflected in Mitsuha's eyes?
Yeah. I get teary really easily, so I'm not going to lie, I welled up a little bit when it was playing as the comet split in two.

I think they're more likeable than previous Shinkai characters. Pretty well written and nicely grounded. It's probably my favourite work by him since Voices of a Distant Star. Pretty as 5cm/s and Garden of Words were.
>>
>>150705102

>Yeah. I get teary really easily, so I'm not going to lie, I welled up a little bit when it was playing as the comet split in two.

Nothing to feel ashamed of, /a/non, I did too, I teared up at multiple points in the film, especially at the end. The whole point of good drama is to make us care about characters and their problems. I quite cared about Taki and Mitsuha's problems and their long distance relationship. And I felt bad for Taki at the end with him unsuccessfully looking for work. I know that feel.
>>
>>150698189

There will be another showing in January next year. So no need to panic if you don't watch it now.

The screening in LA is for the Academy Awards Nomination.
>>
It's literally Keit-Ai
>>
>Kimi no Na wa. - Your Name. [WEB 1280x720 AAC][6337FE89].mp4

kinda shit quality desu tho
>>
So when is the next one for London?
>>
>>150705846

It's currently showing in london.
>>
I wanted to see what happened to grandma!

>>150705846
http://subtitled.yournamethemovie.co.uk/

London has a shit load.
>>
File: 8man the dark knight.png (690KB, 1268x706px) Image search: [Google]
8man the dark knight.png
690KB, 1268x706px
>>150699003
/pol/ has already tapped the power of meme magic.

we can too.
>>
watched it today
didn't laugh/cry

what were supposed to be the funny/sad parts?
>>
>>150707037
Most people find the boob grabbing funny. I don't think it was that funny. The back and forth banter between Taki and Mitsuha was probably the best thing.
>>
I didn't really like it much. The movie expects you to suspend your disbelief way too hard in way too many instances, especially the end. I felt the movie could have ended multiple times and that the actual ending dragged on for far too long.
>>
>Funimation in charge of not being cock monglers and actually showing it in more than one city
>>
>>150698189
It would be the ninth and tenth this Saturday and Sunday!
>>
The soundtrack is so good that I actually bought the CD for it. Yes. I loved it so much that I ACTUALLY bought a physical CD.
>>
>>150707589
boy and the beast was funimation and it seemed like it was everywhere p. fast
>>
The only problem i have with it is the fact that Taki/Mitsuha felt compelled to go to the mountain/crater for some reason when he/she was with the friends. Like, I don't get it. Why? And that was before Mitsuha/Taki even got there from traveling I think.
>>
>tfw Mitsuha's VA is actually super fucking cute and can sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7FEVnbEDY
>>
>>150698189
AOTY
>>
>Subs are clearly finished as it was screened with subs early on
>HAHA NOPE NIGGA YOU'RE GOING TO WAIT UNTIL SUMMER TO SEE THIS ON BLU-RAY!!!

why
>>
>>150708428
Honestly felt that the tit grabbing was uncessary past the first 2 times.
>>
>>150708228
Because it's still doing insanely well in the Japanese box office. At this rate, the BD won't come out until spring or even summer of next year.
>>
File: 59016582_p0.jpg (69KB, 724x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59016582_p0.jpg
69KB, 724x1000px
Seen it three time, 5 if you include the shitty 480p version. Been listening to Radwimps nonstop for a week. Extended another week so probably gonna watch it again.
>>
>>150708470
You WOULDN'T fondle and pleasure yourself at everyday if you suddenly became a cute girl?
>>
>>150708555
I'd do more than titty fondling. Just didn't really feel like it felt necessary to prolong it so much.
>>
>>150708470
The fuck are you talking about? I thought it got funnier every time it happened.
>>
>>150708555
I'd be fingerblasting myself in front of the mirror till the meteors came home.

Still doesn't change the titty grabbing gag was only really necessary 2, maybe 3 times
>>
>>150707349
Maybe you just don't have the same cultural roots with Asian. Even with some of them, there're those who stick their brains too much with the rules of other time travelling movie and try to force it to this movie. For them, they found it hard to suspense their disbelief.
>>
Saw it last month on theaters in Utsunomiya. I can't believe how many people were in there.
>>
>>150708725
I'm sure you did.
>>
>>150708500
I'd watch it again if it aired in a local screen. I drove out 45 minutes for it the other evening to watch it subbed, rahter than dubbed. Worth the experience, but I wouldn't drive that far again.
>>
>>150699003
Free will is a myth
Religion is a joke

We are all pawns controlled by something greater:
Memes. The DNA of the soul.

Kojima should go direct an anime original
>>
>>150708761
Well it only happened 4 times, and the 4th time was the funniest.
>>150709039
Yeah, me and everyone else in the theater. The ways they managed to build it up kept the joke fresh.
>>
>>150709620
>and the 4th time was the funniest.
I'll agree to that.

First time was smirk funny, other times were whatever and the last timewas chuckle worthy
>>
>>150709089
How about "Full of shit?" Is that a meme too?
>>
File: >tfw not in Nippon.jpg (24KB, 202x228px) Image search: [Google]
>tfw not in Nippon.jpg
24KB, 202x228px
>>150698189
Going to see it next week. Please tell me the localized subs aren't big distracting pieces of shit.
>>
File: 1480476331716.jpg (155KB, 850x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1480476331716.jpg
155KB, 850x1031px
I'm watching it again for the 4th time tomorrow in London. Mitsuha is so cute.
>>
>>150709683
What about the third time when he stopped himself and was like "I shouldn't for her sake...", and then did it anyway? You have to admit that one was funny.
>>
>>150709893
Nah they're fine.
>>
>>150709893
Literally the opposite. Sometimes they're too hard to read because the text isn't stroked by a thick black border, so it's hard to read at some points.

They also lay it on a bit thick with TL notes, which was pretty fucking lame. I guess they needed to do it for some jokes so audiences would get it, but in the end it just felt like they were there to force people into showing that there was a joke to get laughter.
>>
>>150709956
>What about the third time when he stopped himself and was like "I shouldn't for her sake...", and then did it anyway? You have to admit that one was funny.
Are you 12 years old?
>>
>>150710027
>TL notes

Seriously? What the fuck.
>>
>>150710028
Oh fuck off you autist.
>>
>>150710027
Is this for the UK screening? The subs for the Funi screening were fine.
>>
>>150710087
It was okay I guess.
>>
>>150710168
I assumed it was the same across the west, but yeah.

Did your subs have stuff like I (watashi) I (ore)?
>>
>>150709956
Nah, that one was a bit too predictable for me.
>>
>>150698811
>I'm sure it's the type of thing that loses almost all of its shine the second time round.
Probably not, actually. I haven't seen it a second time yet since I never do that in cinema, but I look forward to watching it again on Blu-ray, because I expect to notice more details, especially subtle foreshadowing and other things that take on new meaning when you know what's actually going on.

>>150709683
The second and third times mostly work to provide the context to make the fourth funny.
>>
Saw it in LA yesterday, experiencing it with a full theatre is probably the best way to go desu, had a fuckin blast
>>
>>150710371
Fucking normal faggots.
>>
>>150704319
>Mitsuha living an older fashioned life with taki living a life associated with modernity. Kinda literally too when we find out Taki's timeline is three years ahead of Mitsuha's
Huh. I somehow didn't manage to make that connection.

I do find myself wondering why neither of them noticed anything odd about the datestamps on texts or the dates on calendars, but it's not a big enough thing to ruin the movie for me.
>>
>>150710726
It's showed too us that their swapped life is vivid. But for them, it's like a dream where you won't notice that little details.
>>
>>150710882
I guess, but Taki was still able to draw landmarks in the town well enough to have locals recognise it...
>>
>>150698189
>am Canuck
>no airings
>only dvdscr rip
I'll just wait for BD subs thank yiu very much
>>
File: 1480975196266.jpg (18KB, 414x459px) Image search: [Google]
1480975196266.jpg
18KB, 414x459px
>>150710977
>subs
>>
>>150705760
It's a fucking chinkrip. What'd you expect?
>>
>>150711100
Didn't expect it to be an interlaced DVD upscaled to 720p. Kind of a waste of space.
>>
>>150710955
Some dreams you remember better than others. I've had dreams that have been super vivid, but then really obvious stuff escapes me.

I've had dreams that have the same complete strangers, years apart, almost like direct sequels, but never realise it until I've just woken up when I remember all the similarities and then it dissipates by the end of the day.

Still, I agree that they should have noticed calendars, datestamps, etc. It's pretty hard to not come across them at some point, but I think that's just one of those things you have to suspend disbelief for.
>>
>>150710229
Yeah, but what was about it. The typesetting was fine and the subs were totally legible.
>>
>>150711350
I found it a bit hard to read around the point where the news reported on the evac towards the end. That was about it, to be honest. Stroke could have been a pixel or two thicker IMO.
>>
>>150708044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6bYa9XdI6E

Indeed.
>>
>>150710726
I took it as an aspect of the romance. It required greater suspension of disbelief. You had to be willing to believe they just didn't notice any signifiers of date/year. It's not unreasonable for a movie to ask that.
>>
>>150710955
He tried very hard to make it, getting the reference from everywhere. Even with all those things, it took him months before he can finish them.
>>
>>150712264
>it took him months before he can finish them

I don't even think it was a month. It was around 3 weeks or something.
>>
>>150712395
You're right.
Actually it's two weeks. But I was confused myself with changing in climate at the mountains.
>>
>>150711183
>but I think that's just one of those things you have to suspend disbelief for.
Oh absolutely, as I said it's not enough to ruin the movie for me, just one of those little things that occurs to me later.
>>
File: Ct5CaBPVIAAvOly.jpg (174KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ct5CaBPVIAAvOly.jpg
174KB, 720x1024px
If you care too much...
(Please translate.)
>>
I'm one of the few who saw it at Anime Expo.
I had a feeling this movie was gonna be big.
I never imagined it'd be THIS big.
>>
>>150699003
I am shocked seeing this Keit-ai meme have a striking similarity with Kimi No Wa

Well all of Shinkai's are essentially Keit-ai
>>
Just watched the chinkrip. I liked it. Idk if it's a masterpiece but it's hard to think of anything that was bad about it. Glad Shinkai is moving towards productions that don't need to rely on his visuals as a crutch, but can be plain good movies based on writing alone.
>>
>>150715249
Not even the creators.
They humbly expected it to be just 3 billion yen movie.
>>
>>150716546
If this miraculously wins an Oscar, I will lose my shit.
>>
>>150717986
Funimation is doing the """dubbing""". They are going to butcher it so bad with their usual shit cast from Texas. It won't win an Oscar on that merit alone (not to mention Disney will not let their movies get overplayed by a "chinese cartoon".)

This movie had potential to reel in people to subbed anime, but the majority of people hate reading subs. They will watch the ear-piercing dubbed version, destroying the feel of the movie and turning away many people.
>>
>>150717986
Not even a chance, but Funimation just want the 'Oscar Nominated' label for advertisement.
>>
The light novel has been translated until the end of kataware doki:
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/kimi-no-na-wa/

Some interesting notes from the light novel:

Sayaka's family have been broadcasters for the broadcast system for years. The current one is her sister. Since young she had been called "broadcast girl", and she ended up in the school's broadcast club. Hence her lamentation about the town.

Taki's body had morning wood in the first scene of Mitsuha in his body. Tears were shed.

Mitsuha almost fell for Tsukasa's and Takagi's kindness, but was absolutely smitten by Okudera's beauty. I wouldn't be surprised if given the chance, she NTRs Taki.

The reason for the body swapping and time discrepancy are more clearly explained. Think of the Miyamizu shrine maidens as a warning system of sorts.
>>
>>150719496
May I add?
The meeting with Okudera senpai near the end was because Mitsuha in Taki promised to treat her a dinner after graduation. It seemed that the restaurant gave cheap meals to its workers, the high quality ones were for customer only.
>>
>>150719496
>The reason for the body swapping and time discrepancy are more clearly explained. Think of the Miyamizu shrine maidens as a warning system of sorts.

>tfw no Yotsuha body swapping arc
>>
>>150720203
There is, but in the side story: Earthbound. Yotsuha was swapped with a person from the distance past.
>>
I don't live in burgerland but do they have the japanese dub and english subs shown in theathers? or is it english dubbed?
>>
http://may.2chan.net/b/src/1481245396872.jpg
new cinema pamphlet with qiesitions to Shinkai.
Shinkai thinks that Okudera married Tsukasa in his configuration.
>>
>>150698189
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I haven't seen it
>>
>>150720487
Wat are you waiting for then. The longer you wait the worst is can potentially get when tidbits of information start to leak and you can slowly spoiled and the impact lessens.
>>
>>150719496
>Taki's body had morning wood in the first scene of Mitsuha in his body. Tears were shed.
this is my fetish ;_;
>>
>>150716546
Not true. Toho expected it to make 10 billion yen and marketed and booked theatres accordingly. It ended up doing double that. And counting.
>>
>>150717986
The Oscars are nothing but a marketing scheme. Not even /tv/ cares about that shit. But then again /a/ is full of newfags.
>>
Just finished seeing it about 10 minutes ago, it was pretty good, but the audience was a bit loud.

There was also this guy who sat in front of me who bobbed his head during the music. I didn't think it was that bad because the music was p. good. Then during the credits he jumped out into the aisle and started dancing. Dear dancing weeb; you know who you are, why do you have to be so fucking cringey? I guess you can't help it, but try to contain yourself, please.
>>
>>150720872
But as I read from somewhere, Shinkai said they expected lower than that. Not 10 billion for sure.
>>
>>150720934
Nandemonaiya is more of a sing a long then a dance a long tho.

Unless he was some sort of majestic contemporary dancing unicorn.
>>
>>150698189
No and I probably won't get to as I live in the boonies and train prices are extortionate.
>>
File: 1471902476869.jpg (685KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471902476869.jpg
685KB, 1280x960px
>>150721091
not that anon but i was there too

i personally witnissed the mystics of his dancing form. he sang too. it was a sing and dance along
>>
Just want to mention how based Tessie was. Did the things that needed to be done despite possible massive repercussions.
>>
>>150698189
How did I not know this? Aren't anime movies usually shown at the Downtown Independent? I never got any news of it in LA
>>
>>150722171
He liked Mitsuha. That's why.
>>
>>150698189
>being a normalfag or turboweeb
>admitting to watching anime in public
>>
>>150722305
He likes Sayaka. But he's into occult and mystical stuff, so he believes Taki/Mitsuha and offers to help.
>>
>>150722423
Nope. He secretly like her (only one-sided). That's why he did everything for her without question. Mitsuha friendzoned him and shipped him with Sayaka. Sayaka knew he liked Mitsuha and also knew that he was friendzoned, but she just wait for him to give up and moved on by himself.
>>
>>150698189
Saw it yesterday. The movie was great but I don't understand the hype about it. It got a nice story and characters, but nothing about it is astonishing and mind blowing.
Ponytail Mitsuha best girl.
>>
>>150720487
Then go see it in England.
>>
>>150722392
>not being able to hide your powerlevel well enough to watch anime in the cinema

It's like you aren't even trying.
>>
I missed the first 15 mins LA traffic sucks ass what is a good torrent?
>>
>>150720872
>The film opened on Japan on 301 screens and TOHO predicts that it will gross a total of 6 billion yen

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-28/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-earns-approximately-770-million-yen-in-2-days/.105849
>>
It was good, worth to watch again, but not worth to get nominated at grammy.
>>
>>150722218
it wasnt shown in downtown independent. they showed it at the laemelle. i also didn't know about the showing until i googled kimi no na wa out of curiosity and google told me showings were near.
>>
Got to watch this last month. Still not really over it, and I've been looping Zenzenzense and Nandemonaiya ever since then.
>>
>>150723481
Watch it again!.
>>
File: Date Passed.png (49KB, 1466x210px) Image search: [Google]
Date Passed.png
49KB, 1466x210px
>>150723684

It was only shown on one night. I can't watch it again unless I burn several hundreds of dollars on airfare and hotel.

http://program.hiff.org/films/detail/your_name_2016
>>
>>150723759
>It was only shown on one night. I can't watch it again unless I burn several hundreds of dollars on airfare and hotel.
>Hawaii
Oh. RIP. Well, there's the wider release next year.
>>
I really want to go see it but I don't want to be shut in a darkened room with hundreds of weebs.
>>
>>150723997
I never had this problem.

Both times I went there was only 4 people in the theatre.

But the second time these two women behind me laughed at really unfunny moments and made comments throughout the film.
>>
>>150723997
Depends on your theatre. Mileage seems to vary a lot, based on threads and posts I've seen in recent weeks.
>>
>>150723481
Sparkle is objectively the best song tho.

But Mitsuha version of Nandemenaiya is p close followed by Kataware-doki and Yume Torou.
>>
>>150724741
I like Mitsuha theme. It always plays in my head when I wanders around the city.
>>
File: mitsuha_shocked.jpg (144KB, 1279x719px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha_shocked.jpg
144KB, 1279x719px
>>150719496
>Ahh… why does it have to be now?
>I need to go to the bathroom!
>I let out a sigh heavy enough to make my entire body collapse. What is it with boys’ bodies?! I somehow finished my business with the toilet in one piece, but my body was still shaking from anger. Why is it that the more I tried to pee, the more I tried to adjust aim with my fingers, the harder and harder it got to let anything out?! Am I dumb?! Or is this guy just weird!? Ahh, I had never even seen one before! Despite all my complaining, I still am a shrine maiden!
>Hanging my head at the unbearable disgrace and holding the tears back, or rather failing to and spilling a few, I changed into the school uniform and opened the apartment door.

My sides
>>
>>150725794
Why didn't she just sit down to pee? A lot of Japanese men do that anyway they are so emasculated.
>>
>>150725794
>tfw Tessie got service skinship from his crush (her bf inside)
VERY COMPLICATED FEELING
>>
>go see this at a big cinema near me
>it's in the biggest screen in the complex
>only other people there are 2 japanese couples
>no trains running when it finishes so get to walk halfway across the city at midnight
maximum comfy

the ore/boku gag was great
I think it sorta trailed off towards the end
it would've been better if it was just like the first half the whole way through
them body-swapping and slowly falling in love could've carried the whole movie but instead we got time travel n shit
still bretty good tho
>>
Need to wait until next month to watch it on Spain, hope they air it somewhere with subs

tfw been avoiding spoilers until now feels good desu
>>
>>150698189
Not yet.
Waiting for it to show up in theaters here next month.
>>
>>150704518
The tradition/modernity theme wasn't very well developed. It was really strong at the start with Mitsuha's father opposing traditional shrine mysticism as useless and turning to politics, and in the scene where a cassette player is used for music for the shrine ritual, and arguably in Tessie's obsessive interest in radio technology (as opposed to Mitsuha's very traditional Japanese home). You can tell that modern ways of life are encroaching on village traditions in spite of Mitsuha's grandmother's attempts to protect them ("the myths are gone now but we still need to do the rituals").

But then once the plot really kicks into gear all thematic content goes out of the window.

I don't think it's worthwhile to note the country boondocks vs city contrast - it's a very generic kind of contrast that doesn't do more than establish Mitsuha's dissatisfaction with the town (which doesn't do more than establish the encroaching of modern ways of life on tradition).

I also found it a little counter-intuitive that the comet is linked to the red string of fate and therefore indirectly to the "everyone is connected to someone else for whom (s)he is always searching" theme. If this is the comet's symbolic role then it's jarringly incongruous to it's plot-related role of crashing into earth.

It's a nice movie but in terms of its themes it doesn't hold up to 5cm/s.
>>
File: what.jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
Why didn't Mitsuha notice this while she was Taki?
>>
>>150718461
Funimation didn't dub it, you idiot.
>>
>>150727450
Plot. Sometimes you just have to accept people are going to be dumb because of it and ignore the most obvious things, like the date. Or in this day and age, looking up people's social media profiles.
>>
>>150728734
this was at half 9 on a saturday
uk doesn't exactly have the biggest anime scene either
>>
>>150728820
Lucky fuck. I'd have preferred that to a house of weebs.
>>
>>150698189
The fuck? Why is it short for you guys in the state?

Here in aus, it's showing until April next year.
>>
File: two guns.jpg (50KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
two guns.jpg
50KB, 500x361px
>You will never drink your waifu's fermented spit sake.
>>
>>150729119
Limited one week screening to qualify for the Oscars. It'll get a wider release in 2017.
>>
>>150729225
Heh, by the time it gets an "official" release for you guys the BD would've been out by then.

Shame you guys have to wait for so long.
>>
>>150729285
Actually considering it's still doing so well in the Japanese box office, I'm willing to bet it'll take much longer for the BD release to happen when everyone still wants to see it in theaters.
>>
when did foreigners hear about this movie?
it was released this summer and became very popular but i never seen threads here until recently
>>
>>150729352
I'm willing to bet that one third of those laggards are 2nd/3rd time viewers.

I mean shit, even multiple anons here claimed to have seen the movie at least twice.

It's not a bad thing but you know, you could just wait for the damn BD to release instead of going to the cinema multiple times.
>>
>>150726322
>the ore/boku gag was great
how did they end up translating this?
>>
>>150729473
subtitles said "I (watashi)? I (watakushi)?" etc.
>>
>>150727450
When they swapped they can't find it.
That means Taki treasured it that much so Mitsuha can't find it easily.
>>
>>150729550
I still hate that. It forced the gag too hard and made any laughter about it feel really unnatural. I get that they'd have to have emphasised it because saying I, I, I in subs with different words would be jarring.

>>150729452
Animation on a big screen is rare around me. Being able to watch something in a cinema is a pretty big treat and worth a second or third visit on that principle alone.
>>
Nah I think I'll just kill myself instead.
>>
>>150729452
Why would you do that when you have the opportunity to see something on the big screen? Seeing something on home video doesn't offer the same experience as seeing it in a movie theater.
>>
>>150729452
Do you know how rare it is to see Chinese Cartoons in a movie theater?
We're gonna milk this chance for as long as we can.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>150719496
> I wouldn't be surprised if given the chance, she NTRs Taki.

I know NTR is somekind of Shinkai's meme but thank god it didn't happen in this one.
>>
>>150729691
If they didn't do that, nobody would've gotten the joke.
>>
>>150729858
Please don't post that /r9k/ shit here.
>>
Not sure about you guys but the theater I went had the picture cropped (?) where I could see the black bezel on both right and left hand side.

The bezels weren't big but it's a shame that the screen wasn't flushed out.
>>
>>150729892
>nobody would've gotten the joke
I'm fairly sure they would've
only weebs seem to know this movie exists
shit had no advertising whatsoever
>>
>Japanese personal "I" pronouns gag
>"musubi" theme and Shintoism
>red string of faith
>old Japanese tradition
>self-groping scene
All these will block Your Name to be nominated in the Oscar.

Westerners who aren't into asian themes will never get these.
>>
>>150729892
If people didn't understand it, it's their own fault. There's no point in winking and nudging to force it.
>>
>>150730156
>red string of fate
this is a western thing too dumbass
>>
>>150730224
>western thing
Give examples then.
>>
>>150730275
it was in those percy jackson books
they sold shittons
>>
I will kill myself if this shit comes to my country. Fucking normalfags
>>
>>150730362
>percy jackson
Doesn't even constitute as mainstream.

Just to clarify, I was implying how all those points I've mentioned above are "uncommon" to western audience meaning, they wouldn't understand shit about it due to lack of knowledge/exposure.

With this in mind, there's no way in hell this film will get nominated and you all are delusional for thinking that it would.
>>
>>150729646
You mean Mitsuha didn't wear it while she was Taki? Should've paid attention to the little detail.
>>
Was the LA screening English dubbed?
>>
seen it once hoenstly I thought it catered towards normalfags and newfags but everyone on /a/ likes it so whatever.. still never really going to be a fan of this picture.
>>
>>150730532
Yes, both of them. Mitsuha just noticed that he worn them at katawaredoki.
>>
>>150730698
We meme'd it to Shinkai head.
>>
File: 1408833548495.png (646KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408833548495.png
646KB, 1280x720px
>>150698189
I couldn't find it anywhere in Arizona, so, no.
>>
Any ausfag here?

Should I go to HOYTS or Event Cinema? It seems like people prefer the former for some odd reason.
>>
>>150730675
Going to have to go for a third watch, if I get the chance.
>>
>>150730813
Pretty much this. I was going to watch it in a theater, but waiting till Spring for a movie that's been out since August because Funimation wants to be greedy and pretend like they're going to win the movie an Oscar is enough reason for me to pirate the Blu-Ray when it comes out rather than support that bullshit.
>>
>>150730995
Goo luck anon, this Saturday would be my ninth if I get the chance.
>>
I hope this movie will get more doujins.
>>
>>150731445
No way. No waifus, no moe characters, otaku can't self insert as Taki or Tessie.
>>
>>150720263
Princess Mononoke had different showings in 99 for dub and subs. I saw it up in NYC since i was living in jersey at the time. the subbed crowd was much more weeby than the dubbed crowd was, but both were very quiet and respectful of others. it was a great experience with the surround sound, huge ass screen and the whole place refurbished.

it wasnt as comfy as sitting on your own couch in your underwear, but it was close. there was 5 different anime films showing that weekend in this little arthouse place that i went to, with my cousin who was a tweenage boy and his fatty boomboom teenage sister after seeing Princess Mononoke at the loews in manhattan. If you EVER get a chance to see it that way, GITS is incredible at the theater. its almost sensory overload. sorry about the blogpost.

>>150723997
it depends on what the local weeb meta is like really, but as long as they arent fucking sperglords and dont stink, and arent on thier fucking phones, I'm cool with them.
>>
>>150731539
>no moe characters
>>
>>150730455
This is what KyoAnuslickers ACTUALLY BELIEVE...

Koe no Katachi's adaptation was fucking horrible .

KyoAnus hasn't made anything good since Disappearance.

You faggots are literally the shittiest, most obnoxious, and most delusional fanbase on /a/.
>>
>>150730553
Subbed.
>>
>>150730634
>no capitalization
>that fucked up punctuation with two periods
>LE NORMIE BOOGIEMAN /r9k/ EPIK FUNPOSTING XD
Kill yourself.
>>
>>150730813
It was only in Los Angeles for Oscar season. It won't get released across the nation until 2017.
>>
>>150732494
Their appearance? Yeah, Moe.
Their personality? Nah.
>>
I've seen it 3 times now, planning on going a fourth before it stops showing in the UK then I'm gonna wait for the BD to be released.

As much as I enjoyed the repeat viewings and how you notice more of the smaller details, I do wish I could watch it for the first time again.
>>
>>150732993
I kind of get your feeling anon.
I was moved by this movie for the second to forth time watching, after that it just a desire to burn every moment in the movie to my eyes as much as I could.
>>
>>150724741
Fucking this. Not particularly that I think the song is better, it's simply from the most powerful scene in the whole movie
>>
>booked a 10:15 am session a day before
>got excited and didn't sleep till 4 am
>woke up at 12 pm and missed the movie
Fuck me.
>>
>>150730918

WAfag here

i watched it at hoyts but only because it was closer and because it literally is the lesser of two evils. we have shithouse cinemas here and even our "imax" rooms arent even real imax

it all really depends on what cinema you go to and which one they're using
>>
File: 1458147705205.png (657KB, 716x586px) Image search: [Google]
1458147705205.png
657KB, 716x586px
>>150730066

>greatest viral marketing machine of the modern era
>MAlaY AniMe pAgE
>>
Was there some sort of strange cut in the beginning?
When Mitsuha wakes up for the first time her reaction seems like Taki's but from the breakfast scene and everything after, it's obviously Mitsuha.
>>
File: p0_master1200.jpg (202KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
p0_master1200.jpg
202KB, 425x600px
>>150733377
hahaha
Please reserve again
>>
>>150732773
>implying Mitsuha isn't moe
Maybe if you're a huge faggot
>>
>>150733199

>most powerful scene in the whole movie
nah sparkle was played during the climax of the film

i'd give Katawari doki the most powerful as there was a sort of a mini catharsis there with Taki's struggle to see Mitsuha and the reveal that she had previously tried to meet him
>>
>>150732993
I here you anon. I first saw it when I premiered at Anime Expo with Makoto Shinkai in the audience.

I wanna relive that experience so fucking badly.
>>
>>150734048

this has actually been irking for a bit

its definitely taki the first time we see her and so the assumption is that we've straight away jumped to the next day. everyone comments on her strange behaviour and she herself states that she feels like she's been dreaming someone else's life

the problem is the when we see her next in taki's body it's also definitely the first time for her

i figured they deliberately jumbled up the timeline but mitsuhas first time doesn't happen in sync with taki's as she remembers the message he left in her notebook

so she either forgot the first switch or they don't necessarily have to switch at the same time to be in each others body or something like that.
>>
>>150734137
WTF anon, Mitsuha is more natural than any moeblob to me. She's way higher than that.
>>
>>150734694
If it wasn't for Mitsuha being moeblob, the film would've tanked.
>>
>>150734593
Mitsuha also says that she has a very hazy recollection of the days where Taki was in control. This kind of implies that she is still there seeing it, but is just suppressed.

This lends itself to the fact that they may not switch at the same time.

However, it could just be that it's because she is 3 years behind him, as she later remembers her death just prior to the kataware doki scene.
>>
File: 1480544581214.png (607KB, 850x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1480544581214.png
607KB, 850x1060px
Who /LONDON/ tonight?
>>
>>150734990
But honestly, if you were suddenly inside a girl's body, do you really think you'd grope the tits first and not just put your hand straight down the panties?
>>
>>150734694
If you like her that much, she's moe to you.

Typical moeblob characteristics != absolute moe. Moeblob characteristics are just pleb bait
>>
>>150735061
I'd be fingering myself in front of that mirror, all day, every day. No meteor would stop that.
>>
>>150734933
From the scene she talked with Tessie and Sayajin?
At that scene, she said she has a dream being someone else but she can't remember.

Actually, they swapped at the same "date".

The reason why she remembered her death is because her half soul was sealed in God's body cave. So her soul was forcefully brought back by muzubi godly power to Taki body even after her death.
>>
>>150735061
If it's not DFC body, I think I would notice the weight different on my boobs first.
>>
File: 1475520123630.jpg (186KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475520123630.jpg
186KB, 1080x1440px
>>150735121
Would you record it and send it to your own phone?
>>
>>150735121
Not having sex with her bff?
>>
>>150698189
No, but I'm patiently waiting January for the première in this country.
Could be worst I guess.
>>
>>150735197
Very true.

I have realised that I might have misinterpreted the line.
>>
>>150733377
That's why you should've set an alarm.
>>
>>150735252
Yes.

That image is literally what I'd do. No regrets.
>>
File: Kimi no Na wa Mitsuha.jpg (295KB, 1500x2104px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi no Na wa Mitsuha.jpg
295KB, 1500x2104px
Mitsuha is cute!

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!
>>
>watching a 2 hour film multiple times

I mean, I enjoyed it as much as you guys but I don't think I can do that.
I'll just rewatch it once the BD comes out.
>>
>>150737591
You say that now...
>>
couldn't find anywhere to see it near me, and I live close to San Francisco

feels like it should have been easier to track down a screening
>>
File: 8c1g.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8c1g.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
Living in Londonstan maybe isn't too bad after all.

> tfw you have only one friend who would be interested and will probably bring along his girlfriend for maximum awkwardness.
> tfw no gf
>>
>>150738158
It's because it's technically not really out in the US, just a bare minimum screening in LA to qualify for Oscars.

But do wait for it, don't make your first watch on some shitty chinese + english subbed screener, the movie really is best experienced in a theater.
>>
>tfw standing outside the cinema right now but need to drop a huge shit
Fucking hell.
>>
>>150738948
What the fuck? Is there a huge line?

I'm jealous
>>
>>150738948

where you at nigga?
>>
>>150739146
No I just hate shitting in public toilets. Plus I don't want to miss the start.
>>
>>150739179
LONDON
>>
>>150738278
>mfw one friend that would watch it is visiting family in Bulgaria.
>mfw other friend has already watched it with me
>he doesn't want to watch it again so soon
>>
>>150722171
>>150722305
>>150722525
Grown-up Sayaka is cute.
>>
>>150739245

Where nigga? When does the film start I'm bromley m8.
>>
>>150709946

Where lad I'll happily meet up with you, pls no autism thou.
>>
The ending scene had me on the edge of my seat in sheer terror.

I thought the movie was going to pull yet another Shinkai and have the characters not reunite and drift apart.
>>
Saw this in LA last week. I really hope the wide release comes out soon. I don't want to have to drive up an hour to LA to see the movie again.
>>
>>150738278
Go by yourself you turbofaggot.
>>
>>150739998
>I thought the movie was going to pull yet another Shinkai and have the characters not reunite and drift apart.
There's absolutely no way that was going to happen after they saw each other on the train.
>>
>>150741626

> watching a movie by yourself

ar'n't you anouncing to the world how much of a loser you are?
>>
>>150741845
Only if you're already a loser. Put it this way, I'm in my uni's first XV rugby team. Nobody I know would even think about watching anime with me, even the few people that know I like it. So I went to watch it by myself and I don't regret it one bit.

The only other people that went to watch were either Chinese internationals, weebs from the uni's anime club or weebs in general, so announcing to them means literally nothing.

If you like anime enough, you'll go watch it regardless. It's rare enough to get anime on the big screen in the UK and you should milk any chance to watch it.
>>
>>150742353
This.

Just go watch it
>>
>>150742353

Do you use 4 scoops anon?
>>
>>150698189
I hope it would be a nationwide opening on my country.
>>
>>150732618
This.
>>
File: pianaman.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
pianaman.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>150742530
No.
>>
What happens to granny at the end when they move to Tokyo, she's still alive right? Does the novels shed anything?
>>
>>150743456
I assume she's still looking after Yotsuha
>>
>>150739481
It was at Panton Street near Leicester Square

>>150739672
Sorry m8, its finished now
>>
>>150744250
You know if there are any showings around the 20th to 23rd? I might go to London for a couple of days and want to watch it again.
>>
>>150744315
Might be pushing it lad. Look on http://yournamethemovie.co.uk and on Odeon Panton Street website (it's had literally hundreds of screenings there).
>>
>>150744423
There's nothing past next week. Fuck. I guess that's it for me until the BDs.

This is how Taki must have felt when he realised he couldn't molest himself as Mitsuha any more.
>>
>>150744690
Try again Tuesday afternoon, that's when they put the new times up.
>>
It's a good movie, but the lack of proper focus on the themes and a proper build up for the romance are the movie's flaws to me. Still surprised on how incredibly popular the movie is.
>>
>watching a movie that was rated highly by the masses
>the same people who know fuck all about anime
>the same people who know fuck all about shinkai
>the same people who ruin everything
>>
>>150745853
>surprised on how incredibly popular the movie is.
Everyone watches something when someone else says its good. Its basically a massive circlejerk.
>>
>>150745853
It's pretty and the charaters are likeable. If you want to nitpick, it has a shitload of flaws.

I like it enough to want to rewatch it, but I would never call it a master piece in terms of story telling. A second watching affirmed that.
>>
>>150745952
Its a masterpiece. Look at the amount of money it made
>>
>>150743456
Japs have crazy life expectancy so she's probably still alive.
>>
>>150719496
>The reason for the body swapping and time discrepancy are more clearly explained. Think of the Miyamizu shrine maidens as a warning system of sorts.

Am I the only one who figured this out myself from all the clues in the movie?
>>
>>150747353
>Am I the only one who figured this out myself from all the clues in the movie?
It was pretty obviously stated in the movie.
>>
>>150708044
Hnnnnnnnnggghhh
>>
>>150739435
Sure, Taki commented on Mitsuha notebook that she is somehow cute!
It's just that Mitsuha level is too high.
>>
>>150712228
If you pay attention though, you can see that Taki and Mitsuha have different models of iPhone. Wouldn't Mitsuha have noticed at one point that Taki has a model of iPhone that hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>150743456
Shinkai said in Q&A that she lived with Yotsuha maybe in Tokyo or City near Itomori.
>>
>>150750557
>sasuga Tokyo with their future technology and shit
Probably went something like that.
>>
>>150750557
>expect a girl to interest in technology
>>
>>150720244
What's that light novel like? I'm trying to find out more details about it but I'm not finding anything. It also doesn't look like it's anywhere near done being translated into English.
>>
>>150750630
Link.

>>150750663
It's not like the boonies in Japan is compeltely removed from technology or modern convenience.

>>150750716
Still a fashion statement to have the latest gear.
>>
>>150720934
>Then during the credits he jumped out into the aisle and started dancing.

I never imagined that anyone could be this autistic until now. This is shit you would not even expect from a four year old.
>>
>>150750922
Never underestimate low power level weebs.
>>
>>150730195
Not everyone can speak Japanese you autistic faggot
>>
>>150750820
https://www.amazon.co.jp/君の名は。-Another-Side-Earthbound-角川スニーカー文庫/dp/4041046599

It's a side story novel, separated into 4 chapter: Taki in Mitsuha, Yotsuha, Tessie, and Mitsuha's papa. Each chapter would retell the movie in each character's perspective. Some would have new content (like why Mitsuha started to wear bra before she sleep), some would explained more of what happened in the past (Mitsuha's papa flashback).

>>150750854
Came from the photos of movie pamphlet
http://imgur.com/a/kDaxn
source:
http://futabalog.com/thread/c267ad42cec34d719f62e78971085e3c
>>
>>150751122
You don't have to be able to speak Japanese to understand watashi, watakushi, ore and boku. Any faggot that has watched more than three anime should have an idea of what those words mean and when they're generally used.
>>
>>150751122
>if people don't understand something, there's no point forcing it down their throats
I don't think it's their "fault" per se but otherwise he makes a valid point.
How is he being autistic or a faggot?
>>
>>150751276
It's there for people who don't normally watch anime you fucking autist
>>
>>150698189
I watched it in Mexico

Bretty good
>>
>>150751276
Not really. You're not gonna be familiar with the language just by watching anime alone.
>>
Going to see it tomorrow in NZ. I'm amazed how many screenings its been getting world wide.
>>
>>150751339
Yeah, no. Somebody that doesn't watch anime at all, that doesn't know those words isn't going to laugh at because they're in parentheses.
>>
>>150751196
>like why Mitsuha started to wear bra before she sleep
I picked up on this and was curious, was it meant to be some sort of anti grope mechanism of sorts?
>>
File: oo.webm (569KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oo.webm
569KB, 1280x720px
>>150751622
Maybe also to keep her tiddies in place when playing basketball.
>>
>>150751664
A regular bra isn't going to work. She needs sports bras.
>>
>>150751622
>>150751664

>>150535955
>>
>>150751622
>>150751664
It's because no-bra basket ball lol. At first she banned Taki from being in girl's changing room so he have to find and empty room to change the uniform. That time, Taki forgot to wear bras and that scene in the movie happened. The second time she prepared bras for Taki but he can't wear them properly and Sayaka needed to fixed them. That's why she had to wear them before she sleep.
Taki in Mitsuha chapter is full of ecchi scene and fun.
>>
>>150752163
I wish we got to see more of that in the movie to develop their relationship a bit more.
>>
>>150752209
>more ecchi stuff
It's like you don't want this to be a commercial normiefag success.

Then again I thought the drool-out-rice-from-mouth-sake and breast groping gag was enough to turn most normies away from it.
>>
>>150752867
>develop their relationship a bit more
>more ecchi stuff
What kind of sick, twisted pervert are you?
>>
>>150752163
>Taki in Mitsuha chapter is full of ecchi scene and fun.

>>150752209
>I wish we got to see more of that in the movie to develop their relationship a bit more.

>>150752951
Anon, do you even read?
>>
If Taki and Mitsuha switched bodies and then had sex, would it make them straight or gay?
Or would it technically be masturbation?
>>
It seems with the film increasing with every weekend recently it may surpass Frozen to enter in the top 3 Japanese box office.
>>
Why do you people watch movies? If its a standalone movie, even when animated, it is made for non weebs. Thus effectively limiting it and that in turn makes it a shit anime. This is why it has such high ratings. Do you idiots eat that rating up and claim this shit show to be decent? Its mediocre at best you faggots.
>>
>>150754019
If it does I will be so happy.
I hate Frozen so fucking much.
>>
>>150754053
>it's mediocre because normies like it
Kill yourself.
>>
>>150754187
No. Normies like it because it is mediocre.
>>
>>150754053
>Why do you people watch movies? If its a standalone movie, even when animated, it is made for non weebs. Thus effectively limiting it and that in turn makes it a shit anime. This is why it has such high ratings. Do you idiots eat that rating up and claim this shit show to be decent? Its mediocre at best you faggots.

wat
>>
>>150754053
is half of /a/ elitist or is it just a meme?
>>
>>150754053
>if it's something the normies can like, it must be shit
Go fuck yourself, hipster.
>>
>>150754499
I watched it. It isnt shit but it isnt amazing.
>>
>>150754499
Nothing wrong with being a contrarian you faggot.
>>
>>150752209
Yeah, the scene like Taki groping to the point of arousals.
>>
Got a 2.5 hour bus journey to see this in a cinema, so happy I did. Can't wait to see it again when the BD comes out, bought the CD for the meantime.
>>
>phone history deleted
>somehow marker pen writings are not
All these memories shenanigan just to drag them out from meeting each other until 5years later really grind my gear. I like the cameo of the xmas cake from garden of words when she was escorting the broadcast girl.

Also is the girl at the end mitsuha sister?
>>
>>150759353
It's like the nature always has the way to correct itself.

And Yes, Yotsuha-chan with her shitty twin tails.
>>
>>150759353
Maybe because the pen writings were directly on their palms and not other objects?

>Oh wait their momories were literally erased from their brain.
>>
>>150761432
The cost of changing timeline.
>>
>>150759353
>shenanigan
>grind my gear
>is the girl at the end mitsiha sister
So much ESL in this post.
>>
File: 1481356502464.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481356502464.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
http://may.2chan.net/b/res/451388556.htm
Cute
>>
File: Cx2uLGeVEAEH1U9.jpg (93KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Cx2uLGeVEAEH1U9.jpg
93KB, 848x1199px
>>150762966
I love her hairstyle.
>>
>mfw they extend the showing again

Australia master race.
>>
>>150763209
That's mean it sell well enough. Good.
>>
>>150763384
I watched it today.
Not even 20people total in the hall, seems like everyone else is watching Rogue One over here. Really think that this movie is only doing well in nipland and chinkland.
>>
>>150763209
Is it extended to this weekend? I checked Hoyts and Village not long ago and sessions were only going to Wednesday.
>>
>>150752163
>Taki in Mitsuha chapter is full of ecchi scene and fun.
Need details anon
>>
Now there will be an influx of people calling their newborns Taki and Mitsuha
>>
>>150763573
Now I want a h-manga series about body swapping and every chapter is about doing more and more perverted stuff with the other body,
>>
>>150763641
I'm surprised thre isn't one where Taki gets gangbanged by faceless fatmen while in Mitsuha's body.

Or wakes up to Mitsuha getting gangbanged.
>>
>>150763540
>No-bra basketball incident
>Taki's first time arousal as a girl (he almost crossed the line there)
>Bras glasses gag
>Smooth Criminal intro dance with Mitsuha's body
>Miscellaneous Taki in Mitsuha interact with Sayaka and Tessie
This is a rough picture of what you will got from Another Side: Earthbound.
It's like he is 250% more pervert than he was in the movie.

>>150763928
Wait for C91, I saw one.
>>
>>150730698
>Indonesia
Where did you watch it?

Anyway i was surprised that the subs are not messed up, the subs for Love Live movie were terrible, at least that's what my sister said

Also as i expected there were shitton of greasy weebs at the cinema, at least they behave themselves and and we laughed together at the tit grabbing scenes
>>
>>150763447
It performed well in Asia, Shit in the West.
Different in culture roots and number of weebs, maybe?
>>
File: 1462845412785.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462845412785.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>150731445
All i want is a doujin between Okudera-senpai and Mitsuha in Taki's body
>>
>>150764317
Tits grabbing
Vending machine Cafe scene
Watashi ore

These 3scenes seem to generate the most laugher from normalfags
>>
>>150764589
>tfw people were laughing when the pen dropped
Can't believe these fuckers.
>>
File: 1428946744518s.jpg (4KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1428946744518s.jpg
4KB, 125x116px
>>150764393
My nigga. Mitsuha doing Taki's body first time with Okudera would have been great.
>>
>>150764670
My theater had people laughing when Mitsuha fell. What the hell, man.
>>
>>150764391
>Movie about Japanese people, in Japan, with tons of Japanese themes (Musubi etc. etc.) and a few jokes only Japanese will understand sells like shit in the West where people are dumb a fuck

Wow, who would have known.
>>
Meanwhile there aren't even screenings in Germany.

That Akiba anime festival in January has only Kizumonogatari III (first one in Europe at least) and In this Corner of the World.

The other lineup is garbage.
>>
Looks like Toho is already preparing the next hit for next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnrnF_v5MI

Shaft and DIGITAL@SHAFT were quite involved in Your Name already, so it doesn't surprise that they got picked for the anime version of that kind of successful live-action movie.
>>
>>150764589
>the 3 funniest scenes in the movie tend to generate the most laughter
no shit sherlock
>>
>>150765082
>That
>The next big hit

lmao
>>
>>150764670
DELET THIS
>>
File: this and this.jpg (126KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
this and this.jpg
126KB, 340x480px
>>150732618
>>
>>150765082
I'm pretty interested to see Watanabe's character design in such a high profile moviel.
>>
>>150765082
The next big hit for TOHO would be the next Shinkai movie, which will take 3-5 years from now. I'll postpone my end until then.
>>
>>150765412
He should return to making sad/bittersweet shit. Then I can kill myself with feeling.
>>
>>150765412
>>150765452
I liked Your Name. 10/10 movie for me. But I really want to see what kind of a sad movie Shinkai can make now that he's got the entire anime industry sucking his dick.
>>
>>150765452
>>150765502
Too bad for you anons if you want that you have to wait longer, he said he wants to make the next movie entertain the audiences so that they want to continue living.
>>
The bullshit non-committal epilogue gets to me, as does the transition from bodyswap shenanigans to trying to change the timeline. I thought Taki's search for the sake was a spectacularly good segment though.
>>
>>150765452
This.
I was actually quite upset that he went back in time to save her. The plot is really just keitai with a happy ending unlike pic related
>>
It hit me the hardest when at the suspense when Taki looked at Itomori pictures. Maybe because I came from the rural area and rarely go back there.
>>
File: 20160126_191036.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160126_191036.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>150698189
it was available in Australian cinemas as well, and I'm really glad I went to go see it. I even had a few fucking autistic fits when I saw places I've been to and even when they mentioned Takayama Ramen, which I've eaten, in Takayama.
>>
>>150765959
Does it really exist in Gifu?
>>
File: w.jpg (75KB, 1000x686px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
75KB, 1000x686px
Time to blast this shit as loud as I can.

inb4 >buying music
>>
>>150766063
I bought the allbum on iTunes

I don't regret a thing
>>
>>150766063
>>150766084
Is there a ZENZENZENSEKAI normal version?
The album Ipirated only has the movie ver?
>>
File: 20160127_140601.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160127_140601.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>150765992
the place in the movie, is an amalgamation of places notable in Japan, the crater shrine, is based on a volcano island Aogashima Island, south of Hachijojima, the train station they arrive at when travelling to itomori is Gifu-Furukawa, in Gifu, the Shrine that Mitsuha her sister and grandmother live at is the Hida-Sannogu Hie Shrine, in Gifu, and the Lake that Itomori is based on itself is Lake Suwa, in Nagano, the next prefecture northeast from Gifu. Takayama itself is in Gifu, and is a beautiful snowy traditional town mixed with modern trappings, and many gorgeous shrines.
>>
>>150766106
Yes, it's on their Human Bloom album.
>>
>>150765502
5cm per second wasn't exactly a happy ending. Movie at least.
>>
>>150765992
The original Itomori that it is based isnt in Gifu though.
>>
>>150766063
KIMI NO ZEN ZEN ZENSE KARA BOKU WA
>>
>>150766106
What's the difference between normal and movie version anyway?

I listen to both of them on Spotify and there's no difference
>>
>>150766765
Movie version was modified to use with dialogues.
>>
It was a good movie, a refreshing change after seeing so many Hollywood shit in the last couple of months. I kinda feel the meteor part and time travel is over the top but I guess meme magic found its way.
>>
>>150765959
>I even had a few fucking autistic fits when I saw places I've been to and even when they mentioned Takayama Ramen, which I've eaten, in Takayama.
>getting takayamaramen when fukuokaramen is the best
>having pork instead of hidabeef
You fucked up.
>>
What does kuchikamizake taste like?

>tfw you will never drink Mitsuha's
>>
File: 20160127_122535.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160127_122535.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>150769699
I have red meat allergies, please forgive me one of my tour friends had the hida beef nigiri the second time we went there.

>>150769741
like shit sake, I tried natural unrefined sake from the breweries in takayama, hoo boy, that was some SHIT.
>>
It is not a bad movie.
But there are some flow thingsm which music SciFi schene and etc.

In my opinion, This work should spend time on the scene which how does the couple have had time without swapping.
>>
>>150769789
Did you go to Heianraku, it's usually at the top of people's lists when they go to Takayama.

Also, I guess the bagpipe cafe, with it being associated with Hyouka and all.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453882911588.jpg (107KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453882911588.jpg
107KB, 960x540px
>>150769944
sadly no, we went at a time when a lot of it was closed, we just went to a corner ramen restaurant called 飛騨高山かじばしそば, but in our free time we went and explored the shrine district, and we had a planned trip to the hidden village as well. I only noticed the Hyouka references when I went browsing in shops and saw all the paraphernalia for it. we went to Kanazawa as well, which is where Hanasaku Iroha was set.
>>
>>150770201
>and we had a planned trip to the hidden village as well
You didn't really miss much there. I didn't realise that Takayama was the basis for Hyouka until I noticed an odd familiarity with the streets and then the Hyouka posters, to be honest.

Kanazawa is cool. The Umimirai library and 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art are pretty neat.
>>
File: 20160129_155459.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_155459.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>150770340
we went to the museum, which was amazing since I'm an art enthusiast, there were some really amazing temporary pieces there, including a log of wood that was sliced into millimetre thin veneers and then reassembled, something I saw in an art school I happened to stumble into in Tokyo and bluffed my way into getting a guided tour in broken eng/jap. it was also raining when we went there and explored on the second day so we cut short our tour of the gardens sadly, but I got a nice hot pot out of it, which is divine on a rainy day.
>>
>>150769856
>This work should spend time on the scene which how does the couple have had time without swapping
anon are you ok
>>
>>150770509
Probably ESL. Or having a stroke.
>>
i thought it's popularity just a meme, but it was actually really great
>>
>>150730918
I went to Hoyts both times I watched it, it's my usual cinema anyway cause it's close by. I made the mistake of going at 9pm when the shops had closed so I had to buy a candy bar combo that cost almost as much as the movie.

It's really a great film and I hope the BD comes out sooner rather than later next year.
>>
>>150731539
Thats the great thing about this movie, they can self insert as both (at the same time).
>>
>Shinkai
>good director
When will this meme end?
>>
anyone got a nice screen of the map?
>>
Any ausfag saw this film in Vmax?

Not sure if forking extra dollars for the bigger screen is worth it or not.
>>
>>150773820
When his next work flops.
>>
did anyone else get the impression that some bits were not animated completely up to shinkai's usual standards?
there's a scene in the beginning where the camera pans around tokyo that seemed to not have enough frames. Or the characters sometimes lacked too much detail compared to the background.
also i guess i don't know much about volcanoes, or meteorite craters, but the edges of the volcano with the shrine in the middle just seemed wrong to me

>>150704875
>>Did you get shivers in your spine when
one of very few movies that managed to make me shiver over and over
really loved it for that
especially the scene where Taki runs up on the edge of the volcano shouting for Mitsuha and after a short pause she actually answers
>>
>>150704875
My spine tingled when she first sees the comet split. The music, the zoom into her eye, the huge ding noise at the end, it was really effective.
>>
>>150708127
AOTD
maybe AOTC
>>
>>150774769
It's a crater.
2400 year ago, Meteorite crashed the mountain village.
1200 years ago, Meteorite crashed again, the crator became Itomori lake. People borrowed the power of God to save their lives.
>>
>>150775192
fair enough, but then even more so
the edge just seemed too flat, too path like
>>
>>150775302
Yeah, it could be said that Itomori ancestors did it when they established the shrine for god worshipping at the crator or maybe it just for a visual.
>>
>>150775042
>the huge ding noise at the end
fuck me that freaked me out
>>
>>150775616
>>150775042
Did anyone imply that the comet hit her head from the first time hearing it?
>>
i really loved that the movie constantly managed to surprise me, which doesn't happen very often
i didn't see the bodychanging coming or the comet crashing into earth or even just the 3 year time gap
i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, yet nearly no western movies or anime manage to surprise me similarly
i was worried a lot about the ending knowing shinkai's previous works, but i was quite happy with the happy ending, although i would have personally preferred them to recognize each other faster/remember a bit more. in a city like tokyo, even if you move through the same area, finding another person that isn't at the same spot every time is nearly impossible, much less 3 times in a row
>>
>>150775748
The boulder was some 40 meters across and the ground zero was the shrine, so it's within possibility that the boulder hit her straight to her head..
>>
>>150775842
> in a city like tokyo, even if you move through the same area, finding another person that isn't at the same spot every time is nearly impossible, much less 3 times in a row
It's more common than you'd think. Especially if you frequent the same spaces and places due to work, your home, leisure interests, etc.

Same for any other big city you can think of, like London or New York. Even with X million other people around, it's not uncommon to see some familiar faces from time to time.
>>
>>150775842
Your wish was granted. There is an alternate ending, crafted exclusively for sparkle full MV.
http://www.bilibili.com/mobile/video/av7234556.html

>>150776072
Yes, it was (at least in the novel).
>>
>>150776122
>Yes, it was (at least in the novel).
Yeah, I'm reading it at the moment. I'm surprised that it's really short, although when it comes down to it a large chunk of the movie was ambiance and atmosphere building, so it's not all that odd I suppose.

I wish someone would get hold of the Earthbound side story novel though, the main novel's practically a 1:1 replication of the movie bar some small parts of narrative monologue.
>>
>>150776106
yeah i live in a big city myself and it's not impossible and i recognize that it's a part of the soulmates finding each other narrative
i'd just have liked a close encounter less
or when Taki encounters Sayaka and Teshi, that he ends up finding Mitsuha through them
the chance factor was just repeated too often in the end for my taste
>>
>>150776631
Yeah, I agree with you there. I'd have preferred it if they had met that way. It'd have made it feel more realistic.

Not that realism matters that much, but I'd still have liked that to happen.
>>
>english dub trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyqvpPFRnA

basically don't watch this in dub
>>
>>150776819
If you don't have the choice, I'd still recommend watching it over not watching it. It's above average compared to other dubs, not that it's saying much.

You might not ever get the chance to see Shinkai pretty in theatres again otherwise.
>>
>>150776819
Fuck, I'm not even watching that trailer.
>>
>>150776631
>>150775842
Shinkai said they continued searching for each other for 8 years (subconsciously) after the comet. He thinks it would be OK if the miracle happended. (That's why it won't ended like 5cm.
>>
>>150776819
I have no idea how they'd translate the "watashi watakushi boku ore" part, or "kataware-doki/ta so kare to" and the whole thing surrounding musubi without sounding completely incoherent in English.

>>150776631
On all the places that strain disbelief, I don't really mind the end. I mean, there's obviously a supernatural connection between the two going on and they have quite literally half of their other within themselves. Wouldn't be too odd if they ends up getting pulled together by that.
>>
>>150702948
The pronoun joke was actually pretty well-handled in the french subs, they made her use female gendered adjectives instead.
>>
>>150777168
They didn't bother with the gag in the dub. I don't exactly remember how they navigated it, but it was a smart choice not to even bother. IIRC, it was just general confusion.

They did have Taki's dub VA take a more 'feminine' voice when controlled by Mitsuha. They could have also done a 'guys like us' gag, I guess. But they played it safe by avoiding pronouns all together.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (338KB, 1449x2047px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
338KB, 1449x2047px
>>150698189
That was awesome.
>>
>>150777392
When she tied her hair like that I thought of Yukina
>>
>>150777315
I suppose that's probably the best route they can take, make a similar short, confused moment where a girl in a boy's body would make when they refer to herself.
>>
>>150777392
I teared up at this scene. I think it was the music.
>>
>>150777459
Who?
But that's the most childish style to tie your hair. Couldn't blame her since it is 72 cm rope.
>>
>>150777577
Kuromukuro
>>
>>150720892
It won the LFCA award, and it's got a 97% on RT. I'm actually to believe it could happen.
>>
>>150777967
If you looked into how judges voted for animation with regards to the Oscars, you'd realise that critical acclaim means jack shit. IIRC, one of the Oscars committee picked their vote based on what their kid liked the most, or some banal shit like that.
>>
File: loli mitsuha.png (286KB, 408x407px) Image search: [Google]
loli mitsuha.png
286KB, 408x407px
GO
HA
N
>>
File: p_001-05[1].png (109KB, 484x373px) Image search: [Google]
p_001-05[1].png
109KB, 484x373px
>>150777683
Surely they are similar.
>>
>>150777967
>It won the LFCA award,
So fucking what? Princess Kaguya won a LFCA and it still lost
> and it's got a 97% on RT
>RT
>only 31 reviews
Guess what Zootopia has got a 98% with over 200 reviews...guess its a definite winner.
>>
>>150778205
I want to eat Yotsuha's gohan
>>
File: tacky coon.png (279KB, 811x467px) Image search: [Google]
tacky coon.png
279KB, 811x467px
>>150777524

It was probably this smile.
>>
>>150778297
Funimation just want a NOMINATED label.
>>
>>150778017
I heard the nomination committee actually watches the movies at least so maybe it will actually be nominated, which is good enough. I'd hate the movie to actually win an Oscar though because that would just attract the sort of people who just go into a movie and spend every minute trying to pick out faults because it won instead of just relaxing and enjoying the movie for what it is.

I'm sure I would have thought this movie as generic and boring outside of the pretty art if I went in with that sort of mindset. However, I didn't really care about Your Name and just went to go watch it on a whim with the only prior knowledge being "it's good" and nothing else and I was blown the fuck away.
>>
>>150777524
>>150778338
To add the flavor to that scene, Mitsuha's seiyuu actually got dokidoki'd when she heard 'Mitsuha'.
>>
best boy
>>
>>150778435
Well they ain't gonna get it. You have to shell out the shekels and get tons of promotion for that to happen and this isn't exactly a lackluster year for releases.
>>150778465
You're a fucking idiot.
>>150778017
Do people who say this only get their info from that shitty cartoonbrew article?
>>
>>150772632
Uh huh sure it was
>>
File: 1480598486087.jpg (185KB, 750x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480598486087.jpg
185KB, 750x700px
>>150778338
I want my own Mitsuha
>>
File: 6102829.jpg (2MB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6102829.jpg
2MB, 1694x1200px
>>150778205
GOHAN
>>
>>150778605
>director's favorite character
>every day life chilling out with 2 top-tier girl (Taki confirmed Sayaka as a cutie)
>ended up with one of them
>got skinship service from his crush (Taki in Mitsuha)
>Did everything for his crush without any question, even if he could be in jail

Best boy indeed
>>
File: 1470205919470.jpg (881KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1470205919470.jpg
881KB, 1916x1076px
Can't wait for the BDs so these circlejerk fests will end
>>
>>150778746
Shinkai encouraged the audiences to believe that one day, they will find someone they're looking for.
>>150778922
HALF A YEAR, anon.
>>
>>150778922
Teen Titans Go is shit.

SHIT
>>
>>150779093
>Shinkai encouraged the audiences to believe that one day, they will find someone they're looking for.
Does that mean 2D anime girls are going to be real?
>>
>>150779120
No, he meant you'll become a normalfag and end up with 3DPD if you believe that.
>>
Is it better than the 5 cm/s, garden of words, Kumo no mukou garbage Shinkai usually shits out?

Might give it a try once the BD hits
>>
>>150778017
What about Spirited Away?
>>
>>150779452
Imported by Disney
>>
The part that really got me was "I love you"
>>
>>150779313
i personally liked 5cm more.

This movie is incredibly overrated. It isn't oscar winning at all but it still is fun. There's a shitton of moments where you have to suspend your disbelief which was difficult for me.

like when they realize they're body swapping they didn't do some obvious shit. like nigga just call each other. like nigga just check the date. like nigga u got different models of iphones that dont exist
>>
>>150780133
>. like nigga just call each other
To be fair, they did try.

Mitsuha calls Taki the day before the meteor falls and Taki calls after the date. In context of the timing of the movie, Mitsuha tried calling Taki before the story even began and before he got his current number, so Mitsuha's calls never went through. And by the point we get to Taki, Mitsuha is dead, so his calls would never have gotten through either.

The biggest thing you have to suspend your disbelief for is them willfully ignoring calendars and anything else that would give away the date. iPhones don't display the current year, unless you go into the calendar, at the very least. The same goes for a lot of apps, they just assume you know what year it is and never mention it. The biggest disparity should be the date and the day of the week. With a 3 year gap, Monday the 1st for Mitsuha is not the same as Thursday the 1st for Taki.

You could play down the different models to socioeconomic situations and ignore it, like how some people still have phones that are 3-4 years old now. I don't remember the last time I actually looked at a physical calendar, so I can also understand that.

The only place where I find it genuinely difficult for them to avoid the full date, at the very least, is at school. You'd have to write down the full date at some point.
>>
>>150766063
What's your favourite track?
>>
>>150780812
Kuchikamizake Trip. Kataware-doki, Mitsuha's Theme and Sparkle are also among favorites.
>>
>>150764841
Well, also the Initial D thing and Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni aren't bad, but yeah, it's a letdown they don't have Kimi no Na Wa.
Then again, being able to see all of Kizu like three weeks after the final movie starts screening in Japan isn't bad.
I'm glad I got aware of it in time. Last year I couldn't manage to get my hands on cards for Kizu I and was pissed off.
>>
>>150781547
Strike the second one. I overread you already mentioned that.
>>
>>150776819
It sounds so fucking fake holy shit. I really fucking hate dubs.
>>
>>150781139
I agree, however First Time in Tokyo appeals to me for some reason.

Also trying to learn Mitsuha's theme on piano. It's not going too badly bar the sections where my left hand lets me down
>>
>>150781895
Mitsuha's School Road and Itomori High School are my favorites. It's like perfect walking music and I love how simple it is. Of course Okudera Senpai's Theme is also nice for the slower home nights.
>>
>>150781895
Basicly this. Mitsuha Tokyo trip backsound is really enjoyable.

I recall it played 3 times thorough the whole movie.
>>
>>150737178
>>
File: 1480980197641.jpg (314KB, 2113x2638px) Image search: [Google]
1480980197641.jpg
314KB, 2113x2638px
>>150698189
Saw it second time today. Honestly found it nicer than the first time especially the I love you part. Mitsuha a best!
>>
>>150781895
Bought the CD too, I think Nandemonaiya is my favourite, just because I think of the last scene when I hear it
>>
>>150783801
>>150782497
>>150782423
I think we can probably all agree that the soundtrack is great, and properly fits the film.

Not bad for a rock band eh?
>>
>>150784761
The vocalist and composer for Radwimps is seriously talented.
>>
>>150785084
I had noticed that yes.
>>
>>150784761
I personally really like Sparkle

>Unmei da toka mirai toka tte kotoba ga doredake te wo nobasou to
Todokanai basho de bokura koi wo suru

This part gets me everytime,
>>
>>150785434
Akogare Café instantly reminds me of the actual café scene in the film. It's so chipper and upbeat, I love it.
>>
>>150784761
I will die a happy man if we could get an /a/ sings for Nandemonaiya
>>
>>150788386
I would try but both my singing is poor, and my ability to recite Japanese is touchy at best.
>>
>>150698189
Watched it in LA. I'm a big fan of 5cm, so I knew I'd like it; the ending hit me hard, since its essentially a variation on the 5cm ending. Just sheer pathos, enough to make me shiver.

Sasuga animation, as expected of the guy who did 5 wallpapers per second. The music was on point as well; some really great songs. Those music video sequences are just very nice.
>>
>>150777392
Glad you liked it anon.
>>
>>150789741
>Those music video sequences are just very nice.
Inserts felt like a waste of time to me. Pretty, yes. But pointless overall.
>>
>>150778205
I loved it when Yotsuha did this.
>>
>>150790480
Doesnt need to be anything more than pretty with good music to make you feel for the characters.
>>
>>150780133
The only thing I could say to defend this is that it was a dream like state when they swapped, so their thought process wouldn't fully worked.
>>
>>150751297
Because he's complaining about translator's notes even though they're necessary in this context so that people who don't understand Japanese get the joke. Translator's notes (if done sparingly) are not immersion-breaking to the extent that everyone says they are, and I'd rather a translator's note gets inserted instead of the dialogue being completely mistranslated.
>>
>>150751276
I've watched plenty of anime and I know how Japanese pronouns work, but I still had to look up what context those pronouns are used in because I've never studied Japanese before.
>>
>>150792000
>Translator's note: There are 50 words for I in Japanese. Words in Japan also have genders.

Surprised I didn't see something retarded like this.
>>
>>150751555
The point isn't that people laugh, it's so that people understand the dialogue and are not confused about what the characters just said.
>>
>>150750716
>Expecting girls to not buy the latest model of iPhone as a status symbol
>>
>>150698189
Does the whole movie have the same level of detail as that screen shot? I hope all anime becomes like that in the future.
>>
>>150792854
Check it out if you get the chance; the animation is for sure stunning. Plenty of great shots of cityscapes.
>>
>>150792854
That's not actually part of the movie, so it's not a screenshot.

But yes, the movie looks like that.
>>
>>150792969
>That's not actually part of the movie, so it's not a screenshot.

It is. It is where they meet up with each other again at the ending
>>
>>150792612
But this is a rural girl.
>>150792854
The background? Quite like that. But
>all anime
Don't be delusional. Shinkai team (with Andou's connection) is almost the best rolls you can get from the industry.
>>
>>150793088
He said in the future, come on now
>>
>>150793171
I don't see how they will get more talented people to this industry.
>>
>>150793068
Same place, but that's not a direct scene from the movie.
>>
>>150793288
Society is always progressing. The average competence of the average person in any profession tends to rise incrementally with time. Hopefully, all anime will only get better as we strive on towards the future.
>>
>>150752163
>That's why she had to wear them before she sleep.

Poor Mitsuha, that sounds pretty uncomfortable
>>
Why did Mitsuha have to cut her hair? Frankly, she looked better with longer hair.
>>
File: 1480142521761.jpg (45KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1480142521761.jpg
45KB, 567x437px
>>150698189
>tfw you live on a frigid island in the middle of the atlantic whose theaters probably haven't thought about airing anime movies in the slightest
wanted to see this and Koe no Katachi but I guess I'll just have to wait for a torrent on nyaa or something
>>
>>150764041
>Taki's first time arousal as a girl (he almost crossed the line there)

As in he gets wet and almost starts masturbating? Or something less lewd?

The man said we need details dammit.
>>
>>150765928
>I was actually quite upset that he went back in time to save her.

Jesus anon, are you masochist? I would have killed myself if they hadn't found each other again.
>>
i swear if this thing wins an oscar there better be a sticky with the keit-ai finds a way pic just to drag sheer butthurt all across the board and on /tv/ as well.
>>
>>150698189
its coming back in january.... ya dingus
>>
>>150793975
Character development m8.
The boy that she likes doesn't even remember/know her. Basically she cut her hair cause she got dumped
>>
>>150793975
Lost her braided cord to tie her hair up. Plus, symbolic development
>>
>>150793975
Girls cut their hair when their heart is broken. Taki agreed with you, anyway.

>>150794092
He just fondled oppais and murmured Oppai, oppai rhytmatically for a while and then stopped himself because he thought it's the line he shouldn't cross.
>>
>>150788386
Why not /a/ sings for Sparkle?
>>
Here's hoping winter comiket will have some creative h doujins.
>>
>>150793088
>But this is a rural girl

Rural girls can be just as obsessed with status because buying fancy things makes them feel like they're not country bumpkins. Mitsuha was enamored with the idea of Tokyo and getting away from her small town. It wouldn't surprise me if feelings like that also translated into a desire to get the latest gadget.
>>
>>150794584
>He just fondled oppais and murmured Oppai, oppai rhytmatically for a while and then stopped himself because he thought it's the line he shouldn't cross.

He's a better man than me.

Goddammit where are the doujins of them exploring their bodies?
>>
Just saw it this morning, man that was good! I was already a Shinkai fan but I think he's surpassed himself

Also really cool that I got to see it on the main screen of a big chain rather than the usual indie or arthouse places I usually see anime movies in, made for a pretty JESUS CHRIST moment when the meteor hit
>>
>>150794584
>He just fondled oppais and murmured Oppai, oppai rhytmatically

This was probably the first time he had felt boobs right?
>>
>>150795635
After that.
>>
>>150792854
Pretty much.
>>
>>150785434

>>Unmei da toka mirai toka tte kotoba ga doredake te wo nobasou to Todokanai basho de bokura koi wo suru

that part was actually spectacular to watch
>>
>>150796929
the moment where the comet is flying across the city, with beautiful animation and awesome music, and then boom goes the dynamite. Amazing.
>>
>>150793088
Even in bumfuck inakas, girls still want the latest stuff. Japan isn't some asswad backwards country that is cut off from the rest of the world. People are generally aware of the latest products and want them, especially girls.

Fuck, I've been to actual asswad backwards towns in mainland China (I'm talking like, buildings that years old and delapidated as fuck 50s commieblock style) and people are still rocking the latest iPhones, somehow.
>>
File: CsjIOuuVIAAEOHq.jpg (67KB, 576x800px) Image search: [Google]
CsjIOuuVIAAEOHq.jpg
67KB, 576x800px
The end was overly dramatized.

Best scene was their first encounter when Taki did not yet know Mitsuha. I think I had this ear-to-ear grin plastered throughout the scene and held myself back as hard as I can from squealing OTP.

Next to that were the scene with the Grandma's You are dreaming now, right?.
>>
>cafe scene in Mitsuha's first day as Taki
>"I could live for a month for the price of these!"
>"What age are you from again?"
heh, neat
>>
>>150798110
My favorite shipping moment was when Taki said he "only" fondled her body "once" and Mitsuha hesitates before yelling that its bad no matter how many times.

You just know she was thinking, "well, I can let it slide because I like him, and want him to do it to me."
>>
>>150799025
Didn't realize this. Cute.
>>
>the teacher from Garden of Words was killed in the incident

Her life really was suffering
>>
Am I gay for almost falling for Takagi when he smiled at Taki(Mitsuha) after giving her lunch?
>>
>>150800483
Am I gay for almost falling for Tsukasa when he said Taki (Mitsuha) was cute?
>>
>>150800483
>>150800534
Yes.
>>
File: 59470511_p0.jpg (691KB, 1000x1213px) Image search: [Google]
59470511_p0.jpg
691KB, 1000x1213px
I want to drink Mitsuha's sake, and I want her to drink my sake.
>>
>>150795869
I meant that Mitsuha's boobs were probably the first boobs he ever felt.
>>
>>150799025
I kinda got the feeling that she was annoyed when he claimed he only felt her boobs once, like she was annoyed that he hadn't felt her boobs more.
>>
>>150800276
She survived in the new timeline at least
>>
>>150698811
>no cringy audience
I had some fat neckbeard who would commentate on everything that happened in his autistic manner, hell even when they showed the meteorite fragments hitting he made a fucking explosion sound with his mouth.
>>
>>150801757
>>150800276
Nope. She always survive because she live near the school.
>>
>>150801953
Wasn't she one of the people in that quick montage at the end? The one with Yotsuha in class?
>>
>>150798110

>Best scene was their first encounter when Taki did not yet know Mitsuha. I think I had this ear-to-ear grin plastered throughout the scene and held myself back as hard as I can from squealing OTP.

Really? There was an overall melancholic atmosphere to it and I had this overwhelming sense of dread seeing Mitsuha spend all day searching for him whilst believing that if they saw each other they'd know, which obviously wasn't going to happen because he didn't know her at that point.

Then all of a sudden that brutal >DARE GA? and my heart just dropped for Mitsuha.
>>
>>150778764

someone translate this
>>
>>150802253
That event also made Taki stick with long hair fetish.
>>
>>150782497

>I recall it played 3 times thorough the whole movie.

It's actually three different tracks. Date, Date 2 and Mitsuha's theme.
>>
>>150802253
There was this 2-3 seconds where Mitsuha just stared at him lovingly, while Taki kept on glued to his english cards.

My fucking heart.
>>
File: 59993153_p0.jpg (807KB, 1536x1938px) Image search: [Google]
59993153_p0.jpg
807KB, 1536x1938px
The thread is dying, oniichan.
>>
>>150803504
I can save it if you let me drink your sake Yotsuha
>>
>that end
beautiful

just a mixture of fucking finally and what the fuck man you end it like that?
>>
Was the entirety of Mitsuha's life in Taki's body just working, eating and giving Tsukasa the wrong idea?
>>
File: 2zdum4i.gif (968KB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
2zdum4i.gif
968KB, 380x262px
>>150803921
I was so much expecting yet another Shinkai bittersweet ending where people almost attain happiness but it slips from their grasp

and then the actual ending happened
>>
>>150804023
You forgot: NTR Okudera senpai from Taki.
>>
>>150804074
Was it confirmed that best girl ended up with best boy Tsukasa? I mean we were shown her marriage ring at the end, but I am surprised that they didnt even mention how they were dating when they were job hunting at the cafe.
>>
>>150803921
>not even a kiss
>tfw that ending that leave me hanging
i'll buy the BD if it have extra scenes after the end
>>
radwimps is fucking godly

why I haven't heard of them?
>>
>>150804061

This. Being familiar with his past works I was genuinely surprised. Probably helped it be more successful.
>>
>>150804135
Shinkai said he thing they were engaged when he was asked in the interview, in the manner that he didn't think that far. He also said that he leave it to the audiences to continue the afterstory by themselves.
>>
>>150804156
Shinkai wants to make a movie about a couple that were predestined to meet. Instead of stated after they meet, Shinkai choosed to tell the story before they meet as normal people. Both Taki and Mitsuha met each other as normal couple, while hold dear of the feeling that they met each other before. Surely, they would fuck like rabbits.
>>
>>150804156
>>150804451

The buildup for the story did integrate well with the non-committal ending. I agree that artfully leaving things untold can be a great narrative device (think Sora no Woto, YKK and so on), but this smacks of Shinkai wanting to shoehorn his signature ending, albeit with an optimistic twist. It renders the ending very hollow in comparison to the climax, which I rate extremely highly from Taki finding out Mitsuha was dead and going on the journey to Itomori ruins till the meteorite hit.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.