[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what do you think of DRIFTERS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: thumb-1920-473174.jpg (1MB, 1920x1185px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-473174.jpg
1MB, 1920x1185px
So what do you all think of DRIFTERS, the latest by the lord and savior of anime, Kouta Hirano? I like it, but that's just me & I already know my own opinion; what I want is other opinions.
>>
It's fun but not great. Watching it as it comes out once a weak but I would probably get tired of all the crazy if I had to binge it. The humor is dry and forced in a lot of places but it doesn't make the show an unsalvageable mess. It is kinda weird with the characters it picks sometimes though. It also picks a ridiculous amount of Japanese historical characters. It is an anime so a bias is expected but this anime really goes in extremes. For instance, the red baron would have been a much better pick than the Japanese ace.

Oh, but Easy is easily best girl in the show. Really helps.
>>
>>150681347
*week
>>
Easy is easily the best girl, no deny. However, being an avid Hellsing: Ult fan, I have to say that the humor seems typical of Hirano's work. Also, yeah there's a lot of Japanese characters but there's also an absurd amount of Christian characters on the other side as well. It's like Hirano is trying to make the story a war between people who barely care about religion vs religious zealots, or at least that's how it seems to me.
>>
>>150681848
Yeah, they don't have many non-Japanese asians. I would have expected at least Sun Tsu or something.
>>
File: Yoichi26.png (1002KB, 976x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Yoichi26.png
1002KB, 976x1402px
>>150680868
I think it's enjoyable.

I KNOW I want to fuck Yoichi.
>>
>>150682020

He is pretty feminine, and I only found out he was a dude on episode 2 or 3... it saddened me.
>>
>>150681929

It makes sense from the perspective of the author and the audience he's writing for, but yeah, that we end up with Nobunaga and Yoichi is fine, since they're hugely important and significant figures in Japanese history, but then you get into Toyohisa, Kanno, and Yamaguchi and for no real reason. If you wanted some strong willed chivalrous warrior, there are tons to choose from; if you want a world war 2 pilot, there are tons to choose from; if you want a world war 2 naval officer, there are tons to chose from, beyond Japanese.

Though I'll admit I laughed at the inclusion of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. That's probably on the same level of "why" as the other Japanese players. Maybe worse.
>>
>>150682126
Yeah. Even Davy Crocket would have been better than them.
>>
Bretty good.
>>
>>150682818
Hitler part was good
>>
>>150682818
I laughed so hard hen they showed a pic of Hitler; I was like, "What the shit? why would he be a Drifter XD" but then I remembered that Kouta seems to be taking what history's perceptions of the good and bad guys are, and switching them around.
>>
>>150681347
>Easy
That's a funny way of spelling Olminu
>>
Super stupid, but enjoyable when youre drunk
>>
The comedy is basically one joke, which is "we are historical figures being silly!"

The rest of it is pointlessly edgy and clashes terribly with the light and silly tone. The show is juvenile, and not in the written-for-teens sense. It's more like it was written by a teenager. Upside down crosses! Also nippon strong folded 1000 times.

>Enjoyable when youre drunk

I gave up drinking recently and had to drop about half the shows I was watching, including this one.
>>
>>150680868
This anime was recommended to me by a friend who hyped it to be the best thing ever.
>WOAAAAHHHHH DRIFTERS IS THE BEST ANIMEEE HOLY FUCKKKK

I didn't enjoy it that much. Most reviews focus on the technical stuff """"Character Development"""" etc. But all that mattered to me was whether it was entertaining or not. Unfortunately it wasn't. I think it's because the characters are a bit boring and there isn't as much hype as some other series. I definitely wouldn't call it masterpiece or anything of that sort.
>>
I like the MCs but I kinda want see Jesus winning and creating a world for non-humans.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.