[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball Super - Anime or Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 116

File: Super.jpg (175KB, 1281x720px) Image search: [Google]
Super.jpg
175KB, 1281x720px
Vote and explain which one you guys prefer!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11809778
>>
>>150594622
this is fucking dumb, the new canon arc from now on is going to be led by the manga first, which actually has Toriyama's oversight.
The quality of the anime will now drastically improve with a quality storyboard to reference from now on.
Toei should just stick to adapting the manga source material, and that's exactly what Toriyama and the staff at Shueisha/Jump are planning to do: create a quality manga first so that will help out the tv adaptation.
We don't even need to make these dumb manga vs anime threads any more either, manga has already won.
If you're talking about purely entertainment merits, clealry voiceacting, music and animation will make the tv show a much better full on experience, but by the looks of the original post you're baiting for a discussion of the plot differences between Toyotaro and Toriyama's manga compared to Toei's tv adaptation.
In this case, there is a clear winner and it's manga but it also has it's issues, because it's rather rushed and doesn't have the tension of a weekly manga/anime.
TL;DR: Toriyama is pushing for the manga to be the primary canon after being disappointed with Toei and the tv adaptation, so we don't even need to fight between the two mediums anymore. Toei will have to adapt the manga with no choice, they can't be left on their own anymore.
>>
>>150596427
But the manga so far has been rushed though...is that rushed junk even up to the quality of the anime?
>>
Toei should be making gifs of the manga, we're in luck now that Toriyama has manned up and is making the manga ahead of the anime.
The only negative downside to this is we're stuck in filler hell for now, but we should be rewarded with quality storyboards and iconic panelshots from the manga being brought to life for the television adaptation from now on.
I cannot wait til Jump Festa where Toriyama will reveal the next canon arc for the manga.
>>
>>150596591
>.is that rushed junk even up to the quality of the anime?
is this some sort of sick joke? There's a fucking reason why the animation director has been canned twice for the anime, it's a fucking shit show.
>>
>>150596620
Nah I'll be honest. Recently was gifted XV2, enjoying it, watching random TFS shit in free time, googling DB stuff like I am in 3rd-5th grade again, interest back in the series. Wanna know where to start with Super. But it seems that manga is not the original source for this one, though I do like manga more for DB/DBZ. Hell actually movies are the real original source here, right?
>>
>>150596688
The manga is more true to the original source that both mediums are based off of, which is called Toriyama's "plot outlines"
Toei has the creative liberty to expand and add additional content, but the manga drawn by Toyotaro stays strictly to the source manuscript to create a vision that is in Toriyama's vision.
The manga goes through oversight by TA himself and gets feedback and even redrawn panels, whereas the TV show by Toei has no oversight by TA whatsoever. He even claimed that "he hasn't checked the final script for the tv show, let's enjoy this together (laughs)"
The manga on the other hand, Toyotaro emphasized once again in the addtional author commentary that the events of the Trunks arc is going to play out differently than the tv show BECAUSE this is Toriyama is the writer for it.
Lastly, Shueisha/Jump publicly revealed that they have the legal rights to the Dragon Ball franchise and not Toei, referring specifically to the manga that is overseen by Toriyama.
The final nail in the coffin for a manga vs anime debate is that after Toriyama has lost confidence in the animation of the tv show, he has decided that the manga should get ahead of the anime to set the bar, people are speculating that he will stop giving Toei "plot outlines" from now on because Toyotaro at NY Comic Con stated that they will "relay information to them" from now on.
>>
File: 1F3.jpg (32KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1F3.jpg
32KB, 640x359px
broly 2017 is confirmed, screeencap to this
>>
>>150594622
Post your favorite themes.

Desperate Assault (rock version extended)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JNmvcu3WA

Black goku next episode preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMbyw0qsAk
>>
If only the manga was a weekly that the anime can replicate and bring to life with animation. Then this would be a no brainer but Toei dun goof'd.
>>
>>150596984
A Dangerous New Enemy is fucking sick
>>
>>150596945
> the naive bullshit posting
>>
I don't think there has been a single anime adaptation that was better than the manga, ever
>>
>>150594622
>it's a designated shitposting thread
Whoop-de-doo
>>
>>150600023
how is this naive?
>>
File: Toyotaro_Message.png (152KB, 588x239px) Image search: [Google]
Toyotaro_Message.png
152KB, 588x239px
>>150594622
Toyotaro confirms that the manga is Toriyama-sensei doing the original story and that's why it's different from the TV anime.
>>
File: UniversalTournament.jpg (457KB, 1255x887px) Image search: [Google]
UniversalTournament.jpg
457KB, 1255x887px
Damnnnn first time seeing the U7 side of this poster.
>>
>>150600122
Cromartie High.
>>
>>150601581
Toyotaro is literally /our guy/
>>
>>150594622
did anyone else notice that the Dragon Ball Room expansion is pretty much live already?
Dragon Ball Super Manga Chapter 1: 17 pages.
Chapter 18, the most recent chapter: 40 pages
>>
>>150594622
wheres the 'neither' option?
>>
Boggles my mind people are voting for the anime. It is irredeemably horrible.
>>
>>150601850
they're probably voting for the fact that it was leading the way, it had music, voice acting, animations, and it was new.
If you were to compare the art and plot quality obviously there's no competition.
We gotta bare through some more filler but if it means that the manga will lead the way again so be it.
>>
>>150601398
How is that not naive?
>>
>>150601850
It's boggles my mind people like you exist that care about voting's result of popularity polling.
>>
>>150602075
what are you even saying
>>
>>150602007
you first.
>>
>>150602123
Okay little boy you can start by giving me the proof of each of your statement.
>>
>>150602090
Okay you,kid, meet me after class. You have the worst score that beyond understanding.
>>
>>150602196
It's just a weird thing to respond with. Of course people care about polling results.
>>
>>150602211
>Of course people care about polling results.
Your head may be damaged or something?
>>
File: 89301.jpg (43KB, 619x339px) Image search: [Google]
89301.jpg
43KB, 619x339px
there's no more gohanfags
>>
>>150602250
>you are dumb
What is the point. I don't understand why (you)'s are so satisfying to people. Have fun I guess.
>>
>>150602325
>dumb posting
why do you even come to 4chan in the first place. dont tell me you want to inspire across the globe masaka to make love not fuck?
>>
>>150602425
>inspire people
>>
>>150602171
>The manga is more true to the original source that both mediums are based off of, which is called Toriyama's "plot outlines"
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama: That’s right.
>>150596945
>The manga on the other hand, Toyotaro emphasized once again in the addtional author commentary that the events of the Trunks arc is going to play out differently than the tv show BECAUSE this is Toriyama is the writer for it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/30/dragon-ball-super-manga-collected-edition-vol-2-cover-art-toyotaro-comment/
>Since it’s Akira Toriyama-sensei doing the original story, the manga has a slightly different approach than the TV anime, which results in a different kind of production. I hope you all enjoy that aspect of it for volume 2!! And I hope you keep reading!!
>>
File: DragonBallRoom.png (61KB, 627x632px) Image search: [Google]
DragonBallRoom.png
61KB, 627x632px
>>150602171
>>150602581
>Lastly, Shueisha/Jump publicly revealed that they have the legal rights to the Dragon Ball franchise and not Toei, referring specifically to the manga that is overseen by Toriyama.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/
Shueisha Establishes “Dragon Ball Room” to Expand and Optimize Content
Shueisha revealed that it had newly established a “Dragon Ball Room” on June 21st of this year. Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise.
The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”
Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”
>>
>>150602171
see
>>150601522
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/30/dragon-ball-super-manga-collected-edition-vol-2-cover-art-toyotaro-comment/
>>
>>150602581
there is no proof that toriyama stated the manga is more canon or more relevant when the original source material is the anime.
>>
>>150602631
>when the original source material is the anime.
top kek, the original source material is Toriyama's "plot outline" not Toei's tv adaptation's conclusion.
see
>>150602626
>>
File: 1459698571536.png (254KB, 427x482px) Image search: [Google]
1459698571536.png
254KB, 427x482px
>>150596427
>clealry voiceacting, music and animation will make the tv show a much better full on experience

>DBS voice acting
>DBS music
>DBS animation

Yeah, I'll stick to the manga
>>
>>150602601
where the fuck statement that they will relay the story of super through toyotaro or even toriyama dissapointed and losing confidence to toei?
>>
>>150602658
you idiot not even half your statement has proof you're just making bullshit assumption at best.
>>
>>150602678
>where the fuck statement that they will relay the story of super through toyotaro
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
>What is your relationship with the Dragon Ball Super anime?

At this point, I'm not very involved with it. I think going forward, I'll be more involved, but at this point in time, I actually receive more information from the anime team than I give to them. The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them. Regardless, we'll continue to support one another as we go forward.
>>150602678
>toriyama dissapointed and losing confidence to toei?
see picture, 30th year anniversary data book.
>>
File: Toriyamas_message.jpg (133KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
Toriyamas_message.jpg
133KB, 960x901px
>>150602699
>>150602704
>>
>>150602704
i'll be ahead later time doesn't equal the manga always be ahead so doesnt even near equal the story will wait for toyotaro you dumbass.
>>
>>150596620
>animation director
>in charge of writing
I don't think you know what any of that means. That's like firing the manufacturer because the driver sucks.
>>
>>150602704
that's not dissapointed and losing confidence. if he losing confidence he will do much more than that. It's only statement to appease fans that's dissapointed about the quality not like the toriyama himself dissapointed in any way, idiot.
>>
>>150601522
topkek

The manga would just be as shitty if it came out faster. The long waits allows them to gauge the response to the original plot and change it as needed. The manga is just retarded pandering with no creativity left.
>>
>>150602743
yes we're all waiting for Jump Festa for a reason you dumbass.
>>
>>150602865
you fucking idiot that's totally missing the point. you cannot even read correctly let alone can answer it.
>>
>>150602799
the people from Kanzenshuu like Ajay refuse to tell us the insider source but the rumor is that Toriyama disappointed in the quality of the anime was no longer motivated to the write plot outlines for Toei and his editors had to force/nudge/promote the concept of bringing back Future Trunks.
If anyone else can post sauce on this claim that'll be great.
>>
>>150602964
the point is we're stuck in filler for a reason, and if Toyotaro is correct that he'll be ahead in the near future, that means that we are stuck in filler hell indefinitely until further notice you dipshit.
>>
>>150602992
filler because it's not yet completed for the anime schedule to release it now you neanderthal dumbass.
>>
>>150603080
what part of "The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them." do you not understand you Australopithecus retard.
>>
>>150603123
cannot you even fucking read you fucking illiterate idiot. Where in the statement it's confirmed he ALWAYS AHEAD NOT ONLY AT THAT SMALL TIME FRAME. YOU FUCKING BRAINLESS IDIOT.
>>
>>150603151
that's you jumping to conclusions retard, getting triggered now are we? Your age is showing.
>>
>>150603169
Your idiocy really astounding i doubt you even have 1 braincell left in your brain i bet you're a brainless idiot.
>>
>>150603191
resorting to pathetic insults because you have no argument eh?
Just enjoy your filler before you pop a blood vessel retard.
>>
>>150603229
no argument, did you even have a sound argument to begin with not an idiotic one. How in the fuck toyotaro can always go ahead with anime when the manga is slow as fuck you idiot monkey
>>
>>150602976
I want to believe.
>>
>>150603229
You are really the people i called the most idiot people i have ever met huh.
>>
>>150603266
>How in the fuck toyotaro can always go ahead with anime when the manga is slow as fuck you idiot monkey
Take that up with Shueisha/Jump not me dipshit.
>>
>>150603282
nice grammar Pedro.
>>
>>150603286
lol your damaged head showing because there is actually no statement promise that in any way you fuckung shit turd idiot.
>>
>>150603309
oh you that african with shit grammar that pretended to be native.
>>
File: now.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
now.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>150603320
>>
>>150603339
I see that girl is you and with your damaged head protected with a freako helm.
>>
>>150603365
you have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>150603374
before that you must be has at least 1 cell of brain to post on 4chan not a brainless people like you.
>>
>>150603387
lol I'm done here, your tears were so delicious thanks my retarded amigo :)
>>
>>150603387
>have
>>
>>150603409
lol fix your damaged brain first before posting again on 4chan you brainless idiot.
>>
File: 1401995695121.jpg (44KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1401995695121.jpg
44KB, 500x392px
>>150603387
I think you should learn to form basic sentences before you start posting shit like this on the internet.
>>
>>150603451
I think you should quit pretending as native but with shit grammar mr african native.
>>
>>150603451
oh well i'm done mr african native with shit grammar. Next time try showing your native african english again now i gtg.
>>
>>150594622
-Manga's pacing is too fast and the fights too short
-Anime's art/animation is shit and there is too much filler/useless padding every episode

But if I had to pick my poison, probably the anime because it comes with music and voice acting.
>>
File: 1480824727444.jpg (35KB, 378x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480824727444.jpg
35KB, 378x700px
I haven't read the manga nor watched the anime.
>>
File: image.gif (689KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
689KB, 500x375px
>>150603578
in an ideal world we would be watching a Dragon Ball Super anime made by Toriyama and Toyotaro.
>>
>>150603286
You do realise that these episodes aren't getting made in a week right? they'll have planned this out months in advance with the anime giving some spacing between arcs being intentional and planned out, as in scheduled, thus why he knows he's going to get ahead for a time.
>>
>>150604445
the discussion was specifically about Toyotaro saying he's going to relay information to them.
>>
>>150604515
Yes, because he'll briefly be either reading ahead/getting outlines first, getting fan feedback, or talking to Toriyama. For an amount of time which is indeterminite, could be a week, could be forever.
>>
Dragon ball super is worse than GT,
Shonen battle manga is always superior to the anime.
Dragon ball went to shit after the cell arc in Z.
>>
>>150604515
Relaying information could easily simply be "hey later on a character will appear, you could foreshadow that here"
>>
File: 1480972288361.jpg (217KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480972288361.jpg
217KB, 1014x1024px
Reminder that the manga is basically Toyble OC with very minimal Toriyama supervision, and that he also considers the anime a continuation of his manga:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

Interviewer:
> So far Dragon Ball Super has followed Toriyama-sensei‘s plot, but I think it might be interesting for Toyotarō-sensei to become more involved with the story-writing process from here on out!

Toriyama:
> Good idea!! I bet it’ll make it more interesting to include Toyotarō-sensei‘s original ideas.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/

Interviewer:
> Toriyama-sensei, what advice do you have for Toyotaro-sensei?

Toriyama:
> I think it would be great if you included more of your own original ideas.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

Interviewer:
> Between getting the outline and the final phase, what is the most difficult part of making the manga?

Toyotaro:
> Many times, Toriyama-sensei doesn't give me specific feedback on the details that I fill in, so I put a lot of thought into those aspects, knowing that my interpretation is what the readers will see. I would love to have Toriyama just sit next to me so I could ask him questions all the time, but unfortunately, I can't!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dragon-ball-super-complete-showcase-event-reveals-series-plot/

Toriyama (After the DBS anime announcement):
> “Dragon Ball Super is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc."
> "You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!"
>>
The manga pacing is too fast, like they're trying to play catch-up the whole time.

Also SSB Kaioken >>> Ritual-less SSG

Did Toyataro not remember that both Beerus and Toriyama say that Goku absorbed SSG? What's the point in transforming into SSG if that is already your base?
>>
File: 1477940094942.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1477940094942.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>150594622
Why do we need to keep having this autistic threads?
>>
>>150604611
this stupid pasta was never funny and no one ever falls for it Jose.
>>
There is no "original source"

All we have are skeleton outlines for each arc, that Toei and Toyataro like to fuck up
>>
File: 1478464620858.jpg (122KB, 1692x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1478464620858.jpg
122KB, 1692x1058px
>>150604756
Stay mad
>>
>>150604784
enjoy your filler, fillerfag.
>>
I probably would've picked the manga (i like the art, but not re:SSG or mario kart)...until I saw this gem
>>
>>150604828

Oh I will

U7 vs U6 Baseball > Mario Kart
>>
File: 1480991121229.png (318KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
1480991121229.png
318KB, 640x358px
Maybe Toei and Toyataro should work together to help each other in their shortcomings
>>
File: SSGimage.png (324KB, 850x814px) Image search: [Google]
SSGimage.png
324KB, 850x814px
>>150604678
>Did Toyataro not remember that both Beerus and Toriyama say that Goku absorbed SSG? What's the point in transforming into SSG if that is already your base?
They said Goku absorbed God Ki into himself, but there's no evidence that he can actually utilise God Ki in base form.
the commonly referred to "form" is called "Saiyan Beyond God", and actually is only ever mentioned as a card in Dragon Ball Heroes and never in the manga or anime once.
This panel from the RoF promotional manga is the closest thing we ever got to "Saiyan beyond God" or a God Ki in base form.
Even then, this picture helps concrete the concept that Goku can indeed invoke God Ki once again and turn into a SSG then the concept of somehow being able to use god ki without going Blue.
All in all it's definitely been retconned for sure, later when Beerus confirms that Goku had to use God form for a brief instant to knock out Trunks, something they emphasized that needed to be invoke, thus you can conclude that they don't actually utilise God Ki in base form.
Trivia: Although the Saiyans' power level in this state is obtained via the Super Saiyan God form, in the anime the ki of this state is not godly as it is shown in Dragon Ball Super that Goku's ki can still be felt by others in this state.
>>
File: 1479320759883.jpg (341KB, 859x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479320759883.jpg
341KB, 859x1200px
When is DBS (manga) going weekly?

I'm just worried because it's already going at a very fast pace as it is, so how are they going to fast-foward through the Zamasu arc?

Maybe they should just skip it, like the manga did with part of BoG and the entirety of RoF
>>
>>150605000
>Maybe they should just skip it, like the manga did with part of BoG and the entirety of RoF

Part of the reason why I don't prefer the manga is that it's not a "complete" experience
>>
>>150594622
What's the difference? Goku do different things sometimes but that's all.
>>
>>150605000
>I'm just worried because it's already going at a very fast pace as it is, so how are they going to fast-foward through the Zamasu arc?
>Maybe they should just skip it, like the manga did with part of BoG and the entirety of RoF
They'll probably wrap everything up with a mega chapter this month, I don't really see them dragging it on into January at this point.
>>
File: 1480991156771.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480991156771.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>150604973
>All in all it's definitely been retconned for sure, later when Beerus confirms that Goku had to use God form for a brief instant to knock out Trunks

That happened only in the manga, where it already retconned Goku absorbing SSG since he used it again against Hit. In the anime, Goku only used SS3.

We'll never see SSG in the anime again because, again, Goku absorbed it. Which makes more sense than an obvious retcon
>>
>>150605000
>>150605015
They did a special 3 chapter one shot of RoF though, no?
>>
>>150605021
flanderization of Goku, pacing, weekly suspense, dragging on/padding, plot holes, time paradoxes, infinite time travel fuel, tear gas, etc shadow clones etc.
>>
>>150604973
Then why does (post-SSG) SS1 Goku keep up with 70% Beerus?

It's because Beerus said Goku absorbed it. The manga retconning that makes the SS1 Goku vs Beerus fight make zero sense
>>
>>150605097
>Which makes more sense than an obvious retcon
sadly it doesn't make sense because it convoluted the plot unnecessarily by forcing in a new Kaioken Blue multiplier that fucked up the power scaling for the tv show.
>>
>>150605104
No that was promotional material for the movie.

Which came out way before DBS was even announced.

I
>>
>>150605131
just because you absorbed something makes it so you can't summon it again? That doesn't make sense.
Having God Ki in base form is what doesn't make sense and even the trivia point i wrote is a fact from the anime.
>>
>>150605173
>Having God Ki in base form is what doesn't make sense

But that's exactly what happened. Otherwise SS1 Goku would've never kept up.

Remember Beerus beat SS3 Goku with a flick, but SS1 Goku was able to keep up because of his new base
>>
>>150605142
>by forcing in a new Kaioken Blue multiplier

Not really, since it comes with a huge downside.
>>
>>150605232
for the sake of argument, that never happened in the manga.
http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_super/004/2939/11
>>
>>150605263
yeah that same Kaiokek syndrome that Toei somehow forced down our throats in filler episodes only later to completely forget about it when he used it again against Zamasu.
>>
I guess I'll judge the manga depending how different it handles the Zamasu arc ending.

If it ends with Trunks' Spirit Bomb, and Vegetto still has the Mortal Potara nerf, then I'd guess I'll pick the anime since it handled Goku vs Hit better at least
>>
>>150605321
>only later to completely forget about it when he used it again against Zamasu

Goku powered down to base form after SSB Kaioken, and fell from the sky...
>>
File: forYOU.png (368KB, 1023x747px) Image search: [Google]
forYOU.png
368KB, 1023x747px
>>150605341
>then I'd guess I'll pick the anime since it handled Goku vs Hit better at least
it really didn't, the manga's emphasis on channeling Ki while casting abilities was much better than Anime Hit's plot convenient hax that needed more hax to counter.
>>
>>150605297
>that never happened in the manga.

Well in that case...I'd have to choose Toriyama's BoG over Toyble's.

iirc, Toriyama re-wrote BoG (movie) from the original draft. So the movie is all him.
>>
>>150605371
King Kai stated that if he uses it again he'll never be able to properly control ki again and that the senzu bean won't heal this sickness, later only to jump right back up with no penalties or negative consequences.
>>
>>150605379
The problem with Goku vs Hit (manga) is that Hit wasn't really that strong. Hit wasn't really threatening.

Which makes Goku giving up in the manga make no sense.
>>
>>150605390
>So the movie is all him.
not necesarrily, he writes plot outlines and Toei had the liberty to pad it out and fill in the gaps. There is no evidence that Toriyama himself dictated that he continued on to fight in SSJ form.
>>
>>150605398
Well...it's considered the main reason he never used it a lot. Hell even when the SSBK happens, it only has a 10% chance of success and a 90% chance of failure/death.
>>
>>150605390
>>150605432
I forgot to mention that he did however say he absorbed the Ki referencing the movie prior to the anime or manga adaptations, but then again he also said it's better for Toyotaro to add in his own ideas.
all in all the manga is definitely closer to his vision.
see here:
>>150601522
>>
>>150605062
The anime will have a filler arc with Hit, so it's possible they will drag it out until January and give the manga time to catch up.
>>
>>150605432
He writes outlines sure, but would he really need to write an outline for a movie he just wrote?

Besides there's no evidence of Toriyama re-writing BoG. When DBS was announced, he said he was writing "a completely new story where our heroes venture out to another Universe".

Meaning he started with the Champa arc outline.
>>
>>150605464
> he also said it's better for Toyotaro to add in his own ideas.

An idea that retconned SSG, making SS1 Goku vs Beerus make no sense though...

> all in all the manga is definitely closer to his vision.

But this conflicts with Toriyama preferring Toyataro to include his own ideas?
>>
>>150605500
>He writes outlines sure, but would he really need to write an outline for a movie he just wrote?
I'm saying that we don't know the details about the initial movie plot outline. No proof that he wrote that detail himself for the movie, the only thing we got was a little explanation of the movie event in an interview.
>>
>>150605552
There was an interview where Toriyama said he didn't like the original BoG story and re-wrote it.

Again, no point in rewriting the same story again.
>>
File: thatsright.png (11KB, 798x192px) Image search: [Google]
thatsright.png
11KB, 798x192px
>>150605551
>>150605597
Toriyama is the king of retcons, I'm not surprised with this course of action.
>>
Wow constructive manga vs anime arguments without autists vomiting on each other
>>
>>150605656
it's because Toeishills are now sadly extinct ever since it's been revealed that the manga will be ahead of the anime and we're stuck in filler hell.
>>
>>150605623
Well we know this isn't a Toriyama-retcon since it wasn't in the scripts. This is a Toyble-retcon.

If it was in the scripts, the retcon would've been in the anime too. But it wasn't.
>>
>>150605683
Way to ruin everything with your autistic post
>>
>>150605722
it depends on your definition of continuity. It's not retroactive if the manga is brand new and has it's own continuity that differs from the movie variant.
>>
>>150605750
nice projection autismo
>>
File: zamasu.jpg (386KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
zamasu.jpg
386KB, 960x678px
SOON
>>
>>150605758
I can't consider the manga as "brand new" with it's own continuity since it's BoG arc was incomplete and RoF was skipped.

So if I use the manga as the main continuity, I have to use the movies, where the SSG retcon problem comes in.

Personally, I use anything Toriyama had a hand on as canon. Meaning the movies, and the skeleton scripts.

Anything that's not in both the DBS anime and manga, I can safely assume is Toyataro or Toei OC.
>>
>>150605868
When will they release a larger HQ version of this pic?
>>
>>150605916
your logic is flawed because A) it's your opinion that BoG was incomplete and B) you still have no proof that Toriyama himself dictated the fine detail that he would absorb God Ki at the end of the fight.
>>
>>150605947
hard to say, i guess the only way to get a HQ version of this would be to get your hands on the poster and edit that so you don't see the creases.
Either that or they miraculously release a digital version online.
>>
File: 1480986187836.png (1MB, 646x634px) Image search: [Google]
1480986187836.png
1MB, 646x634px
>>150605947
Hopefully soon.
>>
>>150594622
The anime has a much better pacing. It has some lackluster moments, but the awesome moments are much better. Ep. 57 was godly and the final fight of the arc was good too, albeit somewhat rushed too.

If they didn't took the back-and-forth 3 times route, it would be better, but overall, I enjoy the anime much better than the manga.

Also, what's with taking a fucking month to draw a chapter?! It takes too long! Make it weekly, Jump, ffs!
>>
>>150602320
They were all killed by Toriyama.

Came to their houses. Fucked their wives. Took all the power they had.

Then murdered them violently.

Except he left me alive to tell this story... Why, Toriyama? Why did you do this... to Gohan?[/spoiller]
>>
That shitty OP looks reddit tier as fuck.
>>
>>150605965
Point A is irrelevant I guess, since RoF was completely skipped too. That's for certain.

Point B...there is no proof otherwise. But the fact that SSG Goku vs Hit is Toyataro-exclusive means to me that it was not in Toriyama scripts.

Which makes sense considering (again) *post-SSG* SS1 Goku vs Beerus
>>
>>150606070
>But the fact that SSG Goku vs Hit is Toyataro-exclusive means to me that it was not in Toriyama scripts.
this doesn't prove anything since both mediums had completely different "red" forms but the same outcome of Hit dodging the full powered Kamehameha.
>>150606070
>Which makes sense considering (again) *post-SSG* SS1 Goku vs Beerus
again there's no proof of this ever being scripted by TA himself, and the fact that it never happened in the manga even though Toyotaro stays true to the plot outlines as much as he can, it doesn't add up for Toyotaro to erase and re-establish something that was included in the plot outlines.
The only plausible explanation is that this detail must have been from Toei and that's why Toyotaro can easily neglect it.
>>
>>150596688
>TFS
Just like LK those guys lose their touch a long time ago.
No wonder professional recording studios didn't wanted to hire them except for generic voices on XV, even LK got a job on the K-on movie.

While movies are the closer you can get to Toriyama vision, the manga has a few interesting details and has toriyama supervising Toyotaro.
>>
File: TAcorrections.png (884KB, 948x676px) Image search: [Google]
TAcorrections.png
884KB, 948x676px
Both have their charms but the manga specifically has a high degree of authenticity because of Toriyama's oversight.
>>
>>150606140
> this doesn't prove anything since both mediums had completely different "red" forms

Well for all we know, the script said "Goku powered up"

It still means Toriyama didn't specify SSG specifically (which is a huge distinction). And therefore no proof that Toriyama was involved in this retcon.

> again there's no proof of this ever being scripted by TA himself

Toriyama said it himself:
> Will Goku be able to transform into [Super Saiyan] God in the future?
> I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God.
>>
>>150606288
>Toriyama said it himself:
that old quote is for RoF movie referencing Blue form not Red returning. It barely holds any weight when discussing the new Super Anime and Manga, not the DBZ:RoF movie.
>>
File: thatpromise.png (341KB, 523x530px) Image search: [Google]
thatpromise.png
341KB, 523x530px
what promise are they referring to /a/?
>>
>>150606316
>that old quote is for RoF movie referencing Blue form not Red returning

Actually it's from a BoG interview referencing SSG (not SSB):

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/battle-gods-animanga-akira-toriyama/
>>
>>150606316
>It barely holds any weight
The author's own words hold more weight for me than either Toyataro or Toei personally
>>
>>150606356
whoops thanks for the correction, but my point still stands. It is a very old and outdated quotation from before the anime or manga was created. He could be simply referring to the finished product's events, not necessarily his manuscript that the new manga and anime was based off of.
>>
>>150606390
not when the author isn't even describing the anime or manga that we're discussing. That comment is out of context because he could simply be referring to the plot of the movie, not the plot outlines we're discussing about.
>>
>>150606395
>It is a very old and outdated quotation from before the anime or manga was created

It was only about 1-2 years before DBS was later announced.

Also, since Toriyama wrote the movies, he uses them as his basis for the new arc scripts he comes up with. Not Toyataro's or Toei's re-tellings.

See: the removal of Kid Trunks x Mai in Re:BoG, and Gohan wanting to train again after Re:RoF.
>>
>>150606414
But the anime/manga follows up from those movies.

Goku going SSG against Hit isn't consistent with BoG
>>
>>150606351
No idea. I only hope it's something good.
>>
>>150605992
just keep driving Trunks
>>
>>150606482
>See: the removal of Kid Trunks x Mai in Re:BoG, and Gohan wanting to train again after Re:RoF.
These are changes by Toei for the anime, not very relevant when trying to discuss the manga's continuity.
>>
>>150606581
Kid Trunks x Mai wasn't in the BoG manga either, right?
>>
>>150605992
>>150606564

Was this art done by Toyataro? Why does Trunks have blue hair?

I thought Bulma said Kid Trunks and Future Trunks has the same hair color in the manga?
>>
>>150606692
Probably wasn't colored by Toyotaro.
>>
>>150606652
Just checked. It was removed from the manga too.
>>
>>150606652
>>150606716
He didn't really remove it, just didn't show it.
>>
>>150606351
>"wha? Is Trunks wearing the same clothing as his former master?"
Why are they teasing us Gohanfags when we're literally information starved?
>>
>>150606772
>He didn't really remove it, just didn't show it.

Same as removing...

Trunks was there. Mai was there. No hand-holding.
>>
>>150606927
I think the point is that this discussion is pointless until we see the so called "plot outlines" by TA himself.
He's been overseeing the production of the manga since chapter 1 so the manga is legitimate within its own medium to say the least.
Also in the RoF pilot manga Goku invokesa picture of SSG over his head. This could be interpreted in many ways.
It could resemble the fact that the energy is absorbed and that he no longer needs to go Red, OR it could have very well been foreshadowing for the return of the form. All we know is that TA wings it all the time and he is the king of retcons.
>>
>>150606927
Not really. Toei completely removed it because they retold the entire movie and never showed any significant interaction between Trunks and Mai. Toyotaro just skipped to the fight with Beerus, probably because he had to hurry.
>>
>>150607126
>I think the point is that this discussion is pointless until we see the so called "plot outlines" by TA himself.

But we did. In this case, it's the BoG movie.

Until Toriyama himself says otherwise, the BoG and RoF movies are the best source materials from the author.
>>
>>150607341
>Toyotaro just skipped to the fight with Beerus, probably because he had to hurry.

This is what I meant that BoG (manga) felt incomplete.

Regardless, in the end, it still didn't show it. The best original source is still the movie.
>>
>>150607566
who is saying otherwise?
>>
>>150607566
>The best original source is still the movie
>goku ssg 70% of beerus
>beerus still stronger then vegito
top retkek
>>
>>150607736
Did Toriyama say Beerus is stronger than Vegetto?

In RoF(movie), which Toriyama wrote: Whis said that if Goku and Vegeta worked together they can beat Beerus.
>>
>>150608011
in the anime they said beerus could have easily beaten merged zamasu. vegetto struggled
>>
>>150608216
>in the anime
Let's see if it's in the manga then. That way it's in Toriyama' scripts and an actual Toriyama retcon
>>
>>150605428
Of course he was. Goku still needed to use SSB to be able to keep up with him later. And the fact that it is said that Hit couldn't even use his killing moves makes him pretty strong.
>>
>>150608675
>Goku still needed to use SSB to be able to keep up with him later

Not really a big deal. Again Hit didn't feel as threatening in the manga, because all Goku needed to do to keep up was use SSB again.

> Hit couldn't even use his killing moves makes him pretty strong

I mean, I guess. But that alone just didnt give Hit the same impact as in the anime.
>>
File: animdb.gif (3MB, 570x500px) Image search: [Google]
animdb.gif
3MB, 570x500px
Is there any chance Super's animation quality might get better?
>>
>>150609074
Depends on the episode
>>
>>150609074

The animation quality has been getting better, which makes me hopeful for the future of the anime
>>
>>150609074
Maybe never as good as quality 90's anime. Going from cel to digital has hurt the industry, especially for weekly shounens.

But it has been getting better.
>>
>>150606707

Does Toyataro's Future Trunks have purple hair?

Or does his Kid Trunks have blue hair?
>>
>>150606351
Was there some "promise" that was hinted to earlier?

Maybe Vegeta going to Planet Salad?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Would GT had been better if it had a manga?

Or at least skeleton scripts from Toriyama?
>>
File: 1479277483641.jpg (245KB, 531x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1479277483641.jpg
245KB, 531x1503px
>>150609074
To me it's more about the coloring and style vs the animation
>>
File: hfgh.jpg (82KB, 719x540px) Image search: [Google]
hfgh.jpg
82KB, 719x540px
What emotion is Goku trying to convey with this expression and body language?
>>
>>150609844
its waay more than that, fights in Z had actual impact, every puch or blow felt heavy and strong, same with energy attacks, look at this for example:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrzYrpCHz0

no atack on super comes even close, even tough he is supposed to be at least 10x stronger now
>>
File: blue hair.jpg (600KB, 1370x1156px) Image search: [Google]
blue hair.jpg
600KB, 1370x1156px
>>150609710
I guess both Trunks and Bulma have blue hair, if Toyotaro is using Toriyama's recent designs.
>>
>>150608961
I don't think it really matters since Hit is probably going to job in his next canon appearance(Which will probably be the multiverse tournament).
His powerlevel will be irrelevant by then since Goku would be much stronger since they last fought.
>>
File: LargerVersionJumpbattlepower.jpg (707KB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
LargerVersionJumpbattlepower.jpg
707KB, 1800x2400px
What are the power levels at in Super?
>>
>>150610572
something like this.
>>
>goku needs 5 other sayajins to obtain god power
>vegeta needs to train with the strongest being in the universe for 3 months to achieve god power
>mirai trunks who couldnt even compete with ssj 3 goku achieves it because of muh rage xd

Nice anime you have there :^)
>>
I feel like I'm watching something made by a person who is so bitter towards their fans, that they shit all over their creation just to spite their fans. Maybe we'll get a guilty gear crossover, won't that be le epic
>>
>>150610685
Trunks didn't achieve God power, how the fuck can you think that?
>>
>>150609798
was this the scene where bra admitted that she got impregnated by 17? the scene where 17 casually invites trunks to join the weekly orgy at the Son residence?
>>
File: badass-trunks-759x428.jpg (34KB, 759x428px) Image search: [Google]
badass-trunks-759x428.jpg
34KB, 759x428px
>>150610685
> goku needs 5 other sayajins to obtain god power
Beerus called Goku a "genius" for absorbing SSG. Not everyone can do it.

>vegeta needs to train with the strongest being in the universe for 3 months to achieve god power
3 months?

Vegeta trained with Whis alone for 6 months, before Goku even showed up, and even then he STILL didn't have SSB.

> mirai trunks who couldnt even compete with ssj 3 goku achieves it because of muh rage xd

Future Trunks never got SSB. He got some new form that looks like it's in-between SS and SSB
>>
>>150610591
where does goku ssb with kaioken rank? and why is universe zamasu so high
>>
>>150610572
Who the fuck cares
>>
>>150610726
based on the "aura" and on the fact he was able to fight black who had god power? wheter before it he couldnt even compete with weakling before goku 1st meeting black.

>>150610811
still retarded that someone whos been a weak baby the whole series gets such a power boots for absolutely no reason
>>
>>150610908
>caring about what other people care about on the cartoon session of a friendship simulator
neat!
>>
>>150610591
>f.trunks
>higher than buuhan
>when he struggled and barely defeated dabura
>who got btfo effortlessly by fat buu

the whole list is shit 2bh
>>
>>150610931
>the fact he was able to fight black who had god power

By absorbing everyone's power, including Goku and Vegeta's who had god power.

> still retarded that someone whos been a weak baby the whole series

Who are you even talking about
>>
Anime's better, specifically the SSB Kaioken is much better than pulling out Super Saiyan Red randomly again. The manga's reasoning for Vegeta losing to Hit is also retarded, "he went SSB too much!", then why have him transform at all against Cabba?

I like how the manga avoids the time paradox that the anime has for the Zamasu arc but the whole arc seems rushed, probably nothing they could do about it since the manga doesn't have the same amount of time as the anime but it's still an issue.
>>
>>150611021
>absorbing everyone's power
like the 10 of them? lmao
>including goku and vegeta
they gave the little of what's left on them(which is close to nothing because all their energy were drained by the fusion according to gowasu) and I doubt that was enough to give trunks enough power to actually go toe-to-toe with a merged god.
>>
>>150611021
"no", trunks managed to win the fight with everyone's power, that part is retarded too but whatever, the bigger problem is how before all of that he just gets a major power boost for absolutely no reason(and achieves that SSG-like super sayajin) how someone so weak gains so much power for no reason just like that
>>
>>150611126
>like the 10 of them? lmao

There wasnt many people left in the planet, but yes.

Also not just people, but every living thing (plants, animals, etc) it adds up. And Goku and Vegeta giving their energy to Trunks is a huge boost regardless.

> they gave the little of what's left on them

What are you talking about? Remember they ate a senzu, and the fusion time was then cut short from SSB.
>>
>>150594622
super is shit
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>150611141
>how someone so weak
His SS2 was apparently strong enough to force Goku to use SSG (at least in the manga)

Also he trained with Vegeta off-screen, obviously because he learned Final Flash and Galick Gun. Also a commercial splash image hinted to it (pic related)
>>
>>150611410
According to Kaioshin, Goku and Vegeta can't transform back to ssj/ssb because their ki were drained when Vegetto Blue used the final kamehameha. the energy they gave trunks contributed little to none of significance.

>>150611479
>trained
lmao. one day training can get you from ssj3 levels to a god level who has the body of goku and the mind of a fighting prodigy. I mean, Freeza also did it, but it took him at least 4 months to reach blue levels which is already bullshit by itself.
>>
>>150610997
There are two versions of f trunks in the boo saga and the black arc saga which its been ten years later and is a lot stronger
>>
>>150610572
>caring about powerlevels
>posting fake powerlevels
Did you ever even touch Kanzenshuu?
>>
>>150612072
> the energy they gave trunks contributed little to none of significance

Regardless it helped. Even if their SSB ran out, their new god-base forms can give Trunks plenty...also Gowasu and Shin where there. Again it adds up.

>one day training

It wasn't one day. There was a small time-skip before they went back to the future the 3rd time.

On-screen there was Vegeta and Trunks, Trunks training alone, and the commercial bump which hinted Vegeta continued training Trunks. It was not all in one day.
>>
>>150612072
Don't forget all the power Nature gave Trunks.

Same happened with Goku on Namek
>>
>>150612487
one day, two weeks, it doesn't matter. it's bullshit either-way.

>>150612541
the same power of nature that goku collected just to barely kill kid buu? the same kid buu that merged zamasu could probably kill just by sneezing at him? I guess the power of nature and friendship could defeat anyone regardless of who they are if we were to follow your logic.
>>
>>150594622

Certain parts of the manga are better, and certain parts of the anime are better

The Hit fight was much better in the Anime
>>
>>150612877
>it's bullshit either-way.
To each his own, but you have no argument here

> I guess the power of nature and friendship could defeat anyone

Actually Trunks used everyone's power, as well as his own new form, and only managed to cut Zamasu.

Zen-chan was the one that really killed him.
>>
File: g9bSycZ.jpg (275KB, 1146x1834px) Image search: [Google]
g9bSycZ.jpg
275KB, 1146x1834px
>>150612877
>one day, two weeks, it doesn't matter. it's bullshit either-way.

It makes sense given that Saiyan Hybrids yield the highest potential
>>
i only recently started watching DBS coz i wanted to be able to marathon a good couple of arcs but i also skipped the recapping of both movies as i had seen them so i started with the tournament.

i dont know what to make of it.. i mean, its good fun and i enjoy watching it but the level of animation really irritates me its just so bland compared to the other series and Bulma really captures that, there never and detail or shading to her, her body shape constantly changes and she looks more cartoony than ever.
lets not even start on the guys from U6.. what the hell was that, 2 child characters and awkward looking and completely non-saiyan saiyan and not just one but TWO freiza clones?
can we talk Hit for a second too? i assume hes stronger than Beerus and Champa considering SSG Kaio Ken wasnt enough to beat him but instead it just encouraged seemingly endless growth in his power?

kinda leads on to my last and most diappointing point is the lack of suspense and danger.. damage just isnt portrayed at all in this series i mean, come on, Goku and Future Trunks both took a fucking Kamehame-ha to the face by a super saiyan rose and they had a few scratches and perfectly intact clothes.. trunks was only SSJ2 for fuck sake and he managed to still keep his form

its great to see the guys back and i like the super saiyan blue and Whis and Beerus are cool and that but i feel like has started aiming itself to a lot younger of an audience.. or maybe im just too old now
>>
>>150613559
>Goku and Future Trunks both took a fucking Kamehame-ha to the face by a super saiyan rose and they had a few scratches and perfectly intact clothes.. trunks was only SSJ2 for fuck sake and he managed to still keep his form

Blame Toei.
Dragon Ball was at it's best when they had to follow Toriyama's panels instead of filling the gaps in his outlines by themselves.
>>
>>150613559
>i assume hes stronger than Beerus and Champa

No Beerus and Champa should be stronger than Hit
>>
>>150594622
are they different from each other?
>>
>>150613086
there's no argument that toei made trunks a stu just to pander to the slanty eyed nips who were "fans". besides, only trunksfags like you are the only one who still argues that it's perfectly fine for trunks to have attained so much power in such a little amount of time.
inb4
>m-muh hybrids
Trunks maybe hid his new found asspull potential when he died to Cell to not embarrass both Goku and Vegeta.

And at least Gohan's SSJ2 "asspull" was built up when Goku commented that he's confident on what he saw on Gohan while they were actually training in the RoSaT for 3 years.
>>
>>150613758
yeah i just figured if all fighting Goku for a few mintues at max power did was boost his own several times over fighting them would just make him even stronger
>>
>>150613836
>it's perfectly fine for trunks to have attained so much power in such a little amount of time.

Because this happens ALL THE TIME

But I guess it's only okay when Goku does it?

He had a ridiculous jump in Namek (Captain Ginyu-tier to Final Form Freeza because of Zenkai...but Vegeta got a similar zenkai and went from first form Freeza-tier to 3rd form)

Or Gohan in the Cell Saga? (Not even SS1 to stronger than Goku)

> m-muh hybrids

Yes. Exactly. Saiyan hybrids attaining power quickly is a legit point.
>>
>>150613559
the manga is the only saving grace that we have right now to fix this arc. I mean, I dislike the way that SSG was portrayed in the manga but I honestly don't like where the anime went with the zamasu arc. If the manga follows toei's path and goes full asspull galore then I'll be convinced that toriyama really is a hack and super is actually shit. on the meantime, i'm putting the blame on toei for being shitty with their writing and animation.
>>
>>150596591
you have to admit it though. if they are going to end the black manga arc in the next chapter or the one after that, that means they SERIOUSLY butchered it. hell, they already skipped so damn much.
>>
>>150606564
>>
>>150614338
It's more like Toei dragged out the plot so they could make more episodes.
>>
File: 1479141952623.jpg (305KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479141952623.jpg
305KB, 1000x800px
DBS manga going weekly can only be good for both the manga and anime.

The manga won't feel as rushed as it already does.

The anime can use Toyataro as reference, in addition to their own scripts provided by Toriyama, to make it better.
>>
>>150614480

The manga won't go weekly
>>
>>150614020
zenkai powerup is one thing, powering up to a tier that's none of his business in a little to no time is another. besides, ssj3 to ssb tier pseudo-ssb powerup >>>>>>>>>> zenkai into ssj tier powerup, when it comes to pl asspulling.

>huaybruuuiids
where did the potential go when vegeta and trunks trained in the RoSaT? USSJ? lmao
>>
>>150614516
It has to, since Toyataro said they'll soon pass the anime.

It also helps that Shueisha revealed that they established a “Dragon Ball Room”

If not, and Toyataro still means what he meant about passing the anime, then that means either: the Zamasu arc (manga) will be extremely rushed, or filler hell for Toei. More likely the former since Toriyama is already unveiling the new arc this month.
>>
>>150614480
I'm fine with the manga being released monthly as long as it goes out with a shit ton of pages which would cover up everything that's significant to the story.
>>
>>150614667
>filler hell for Toei
I think that's pretty much what is happening right now. I don't think the December 17th episode about Hit will be the new canon saga.
>>
>>150614610
>powering up to a tier that's none of his business

One can argue the same with Gohan, etc

Going from no SS to SS2 in no time?

> where did the potential go when trunks trained in the RoSaT?

He went from SS1, cannot beat Android 17 or 18-tier, to handling Semi-Perfect Cell with ease.

And then you have fucking SS toddlers and SS3 8 year old fusion. Nothing new.
>>
File: 000.jpg (283KB, 951x1400px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
283KB, 951x1400px
>>150614782
I'm talking about Toriyama actaully unveiling his new script this month.

It might or not be related to Hit though.
>>
>>150594622
Manga is better at portraying the scale so that one.
>>
File: 1480381544048.png (299KB, 418x395px) Image search: [Google]
1480381544048.png
299KB, 418x395px
>>150602675
>>DBS voice acting
>>DBS music
Hey the OST has been on fucking point in the Black arc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jjRqOKIm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBdJk4B47k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXHTJ-snUKQ&t=9s
Also our grannie's perfomance as Black was top tier and the guy who did our meme green god was great as well.
I'll give you the animation though.
>>
Neither. DBZ should have never gotten a continuation
>>
>>150606351
>>150606236
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/06/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-content-overview-interview-translations/

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-toyotaro-sensei-super-anatomy/

Dragon Ball Super Manga Vol. 2 Content Overview & Interview Translations
>>
That hentai in DBM's english comment section.
>>
>>150603499
>>150603532
Africans are generally well versed on English speaking boards. Maybe you should follow their methods.

>>150605868
Trunks, Mai, and Vegeta are a throwback to the art that had Goku, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Krillin, and Tien all in a car.
>>
Zenkai boost is not cannon
>>
>>150616337

Ur right, it's a pistol.
>>
>>150613836
3 years? Idiot, it was one year. It's why """"Teen"""" Gohan doesn't exist until the Buu saga.
>>
>>150605232
Base Goku still isn't as strong as SSG Goku though.
>>
>>150615649
It didn't. Dragon Ball did.

If you don't get what I'm talking about, then do your research.
>>
>>150616387
It's not in the manga.
>>
>>150616534

Repeat after me.

Canon.
>>
>>150614787
>from no SS to SS2 in no time
what is 3 years in RoSaT?
compare that to the couple of days for f.trunks

I'm done. we're only going in circles because you still insist that trunks didn't asspull his way to relevancy with that special snowflake form of his. having said that and going back to the root of this argument, f.trunks shouldn't and couldn't have fought toe-to-toe vs a fused zamasu on which even vegito blue is having somewhat a trouble with. toei a shit
>>
>>150611479
SSJ3 Goku still would have beat him. He just wanted to end it quickly at that point.
>>
>>150613836
>Trunks maybe hid his new found asspull potential when he died to Cell

No
>>
>>150613507
Ones born with tails have the highest potential, which is Gohan. Tailless hybrids can just go SSJ easily, Goten and Trunks.
>>
File: 1480979210588.jpg (187KB, 540x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480979210588.jpg
187KB, 540x1200px
The manga is better, bar none. The only thing I say the anime had better than in the manga was Blue Kaioken, but then again I only liked it for nostalgia and it had the whole "DBZ" feel to it.

But nevertheless, I like that Toyotaro hasn't forgotten about SSG.

>related pic was posted by an anon on another thread
>fucking kek'd
>>
>>150614787
Fusion is crazy strong, and they skipped SSJ2 since that form requires mastery of SSJ1. SSJ3 is just pure power output.
>>
File: Black.Goku.full.2033853.jpg (285KB, 600x722px) Image search: [Google]
Black.Goku.full.2033853.jpg
285KB, 600x722px
When can we expect the raws for next chapter?
>>
>>150616656
>what is 3 years in RoSaT?
Gohan spent less than a year in there (about 8 months).
>>
File: super manga.jpg (93KB, 799x387px) Image search: [Google]
super manga.jpg
93KB, 799x387px
>>150594622
Manga, by miles.

>no Yamamuro or Sumitomo shitting it up like in the anime
>no 30-years-iconic voice actors to have age catch up to them, like Yanami
>more well done fanservice
>closer Toriyama involvement, as this finally definitively proves:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-toyotaro-sensei-super-anatomy/
>What’s your process working with Toriyama-sensei?!
>I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s original story, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it. It’s an honor to be able to give concrete form to sensei‘s ideas, but sometimes sensei will send over a part he drew himself, which sends me into an uproar, going back and forth between being all hyped up and feeling really down in the dumps.
Toriyama looks at, and revises if he wants to, every single panel of the manga.

>>150616981
Nostalgia for said shitty dubs. Unsurprisingly for people who can't let go of nostalgia, they also have yet to develop the ability to read quickly. Arrested development all around.
>>
>>150616926
We can expect a leak at the end of the next week.
>>
>>150617063
Did you forget about no excessive Pilaf gang screen time?
>>
>>150600122
Gintama
>>
>>150617129
I was just going for the big ones, but yes that's also a plus.
>>
>>150617129
>Did you forget about no excessive Pilaf gang screen time?
This so much what is their appeal outside of being the first DB "Villains" even as a kid I never liked them.
I guess Mai is pretty cute, but Pilaf is really annoying in my opinion, the dog is okay,
>>
>>150617174
don't forget about no unnecessary childish moments from goku
>>
>>150617227
Toei characterization in general.
>>
File: toei vs toyotaro.jpg (166KB, 1200x540px) Image search: [Google]
toei vs toyotaro.jpg
166KB, 1200x540px
Toyotaro is /our/ guy.
>>
File: 4567.png (64KB, 203x191px) Image search: [Google]
4567.png
64KB, 203x191px
>>150617212
Part of what made them funny in the first arc was their unexpected incompetence and prudishness.

Seeing them in GT and Battle of Gods was also fine, because their appearance both times was very out of left field.

The only reason I'm even somewhat okay with their continued presence in Super is that it keeps Trunks x Mai in the foreground, which is presently a better salt mine than Gohan.
>mfw even Gohan fails at being an entertaining reason to hear people whine
>>
>>150616796

Actually the tail-less generation have the highest potential

> The tailless second generation are super ultra child prodigies.
> Saiyan genes have an extraordinarily good compatibility with Earthling blood. Because of this, when the two races are mixed together children with formidable power are born. Particularly, those Halflings born without tails hide an exceptional battle power. There are many things that they naturally master from a young age, such as the ordinarily arduous transformation into a Super Saiyan. In spite of having such an outstanding battle sense, they do not have a fondness for battle like a pure Saiyan. Instead, it seems that the violent temperament of the Saiyan has been relaxed through their Earthling blood.
>>
>>150616428
>>150617045
yeah fair enough but my point still stands. 8 months of training, 4 months in freeza's case >>>>>>>>>>>> a couple days of "training"
in the context of getting from shit tier to top/god tier.
>>
File: 1.jpg (109KB, 1200x444px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
109KB, 1200x444px
>>150617465
I never care about the Pilaf gang, not even while reading the original DB.
>>
>>150617544
Me too honestly I seriously don't get why some anons like them so much.
Their entire arc was kinda boring in my opinion.
>>
>>150617129
I don't mind the Pilaf gang getting screen time, but yeah I agree that they got a little too much screen time.
>>
>>150594622
Both are shit
>>
>>150617465
>it keeps Trunks x Mai in the foreground, which is presently a better salt mine than Gohan.
Damn, I sure love all the salt this pairing brings.
>>
>>150618080
>Damn, I sure love all the salt this pairing
Why would anyone hate this pairing anyway?
I don't care much for it, but I don't see why people would hate it.
>>
>>150618168
The salt comes mainly from TrunksxPan or TrunksxGoten shippers. And butthurt Trunks fangirls who can't self-insert as Mai because "she is old".
>>
File: 1468114667610.png (3MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1468114667610.png
3MB, 1280x1440px
>>150618168
people had been shipping Trunks with other girls/boys. Also. Her age still triggers people.
>>
>>150618321
>>150618408
>Her age still triggers people.
I can see why people would hate that it does feel kinda forced to make some lackey of a minor character younger just so that they could ship her with a major character, but ships in DB are such a non-factor that I honestly don't care about them.
They might as well have made a new character instead of this age regression thing, but whatever who cares.
>>
File: 43054387_p0.jpg (389KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
43054387_p0.jpg
389KB, 846x1200px
>>150618408
I've seen people ship Mai with fucking Yamcha.
It's good to see that Toriyama gave her the best boy instead.
>>
>>150613507
Come to think of it, why DO Human/Saiyan hybrids result in such a stronger breed of saiyan? What do human genes offer that make a race designed for millennium to be the ultimate warriors off the bat? Is it JUST humans or would, say, a Saiyan/Tuffle hybrid make just as strong a child?
>>
So how does black+zamazu make someone that's about as strong as veggeto? This is considering that Zam-Zam was weaker than Goku and Vege.
>>
>>150618691
>make some lackey of a minor character younger just so that they could ship her with a major character

It wasn't for that reason. Toriyama made the whole Pilaf gang young just for their role as thieves in BoG. He already found them too old at that point.
>>
>>150594622
all of them asspull fanfic bullshit even both of them failed to be good even for fanfic.
>>
>>150619211
I don't know but if
Black = 2
Zamasu = 1
while
Goku = 1.5
Vegeta = 1.5

add both of them up and it'll make sense.
>>
>>150614667
DBR is for VJump, we've already seen the effect of it too. Chapter 1 had 17 pages, chapter 18 had 40 pages.
>>
Can we talk about Tarble for a second? Why has he not been mentioned since his special? Itd be neat to see him in DBS despite the obvious powergap

Also is Cabba uni 6s Vegeta or Tarbles
>>
File: Nhequeiroqwsdasdsadasd.png (522KB, 483x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nhequeiroqwsdasdsadasd.png
522KB, 483x720px
>>150619556
>Can we talk about Tarble for a second?
literally who
>>
>>150619556
He was mentioned in BOG.
>>
File: d6ay3f.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
d6ay3f.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>150618691
What this anon >>150619252 said is right. It was after Toriyama made them young that he decided to ship Mai with Trunks. He thought adding a little romance to the story would make things more interesting.

People always talk like Tori just woke up one day and suddenly decided to make Mai young for the sole reason of shipping her with Trunks, but that's not the case.
>>
>>150619605
just to be retconned on super and manga.
>>
>>150619556
I'm not sure if it was in the BoG movie or Super's retelling but he was mentioned when the saiyans were looking for the 5th saiyan that was required for the god ritual.

cabba is u6's cabba. there's no u6 vegeta or goku. if what you meant was him being the prince of u6 saiyans, I have no idea.
>>
>>150619666
i meant removed
>>
>>150619666
Just because he wasn't mentioned in the retelling doesn't mean his existence is retconned.
>>
>>150619745
he was non canon anyway. So yes his existence since the first time never been exist.
>>
>>150619830
He wasn't non-canon. The Yo! Son Goku OVA scrip was written by Toriyama.
>>
>>150619211
Zamasu black was technically weaker than vegetto, just given an edge cause he was half immortal.
Also, zamasu losing corporeal form allowing for mass destruction makes sense. That much power when not held within a body would easy create that much damage
>>
>>150619830
According you stupid faggots anything written by toryiama is canon
>>
>>150605868
Sadly Zamasu looks like shit
>>
>>150620071
Says who?
>>
>>150620015
>t. GTfaggot
>>
>>150610591
there are no unfused characters as strong as vegito

black was barely as strong as ss2 from buu arc when he appeared

then he powered up to ss3 and then god ki

ultimate gohan and super boo with gohan fused are stronger than black and future trunks when they first appear

in fact super boo with gohan fused should be as strong as god ki

all of these errors come from the fact that trunks got god ki for some reason which is stupid and black jumped 3 power levels in 20 mins. bad writing
>>
was it autism?
>>
File: wew.png (18KB, 76x74px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
18KB, 76x74px
Yes.
>>
>>150620142
Except I don't like GT aside from character design but okay.

My point was fans will go by the golden rule "Toriyama is canon" but continuously fight and refute each other over whats canon despite following that rule. You stupid nigger.
>>
>>150617470
Kid Trunks and Goten should be stronger than what Gohan was at their age by now then.
>>
File: trunks mai vegeta 67.png (572KB, 1017x570px) Image search: [Google]
trunks mai vegeta 67.png
572KB, 1017x570px
>>150620171
Vegeta punched him so hard that the animators forgot to draw part of Mai's outfit
Or maybe they just wanted to come as close to some cleavage as they could
>>
>>150619092
Japaneses like their Demon/Angle/Alien hybrids anon.
>>
>>150620439
Nah, they fucked up as always.
>>
>>150620284
>what I don't like are non-canon
it's been like this since forever, anon.
>>
>>150620450
Nephalem lore is prevalent in all kinds of ancient history though.
>>
>>150620153
>super boo with gohan fused should be as strong as god ki

As much sense as that would make, SSJ2 Vegeta could probably take him out now.
>>
>>150620519
Look at dem greeks! They still like it. Got to ask them directly why.
>>
>>150619892
Yo son goku is non canon you idiot. aside it's ova and also non canon story even vegeta stated in the manga that neko majin and co is from gag manga and he just cross over to the manga.
>>
Why are people thinking DBS manga will go weekly? If we're going to have something weekly then it'll be most surely a brand-new manga adapting the anime, but it's just too late now.
>>
How did Trunks do just as well or better than Goku/Vegeta when the best he has is SSJ2?

Even before the spirit bomb sword stuff, he did better against Black/Zamasu

What's the point of SSJ God if SSJ2 can be just as strong
>>
>>150620657
It was written by Toriyama.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/movie/db-jsat/

>Original Draft: Akira Toriyama

Tarble was also referenced in BoG, which was also written by Toriyama. Meaning he never forgot him and included Tarble into the canon-verse.

Also, what are you talking about? Vegeta never mentioned Neko Majin. He said Arale must've been a gag character because of her ridiculous strength. Neko Majin wasn't mentioned in the recent episode at all.
>>
>>150620679
Eventough it's go weekly anime will still be faster but those idiots still thinking it will make manga go ahead of anime.
>>
>>150620784
Written by toriyama or not doesnt change the fact it's not canon to the dragonball universe you dumbass.
>>
>>150620879
So anything written by the author (excluding the obvious gag manga (Neko Majin and Dr. Slump) shouldn't be considered canon in the verse even though it's referenced more than once in the material written by said author?
>being this retarded
>wew
>>
>>150620879
Try giving an actual argument other than "it's not canon because I said so".
>>
>>150621041
Try having at least 1 braincell in your head.
>>
>>150620980
lol where the fact it's referenced you brainless idiot because the movie has been retconned you dumbass.
>>
>>150620784
>>150620879
damn i was going to post the Shueisha/Jump 30 year anniversary official timeline to prove that Tarble is indeed canon but it looks like they completely omitted the "Yo! Son Goku" special here.
Raw Link here (Jap):
http://db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html
Herms translations:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32985&p=1037773&hilit=Bardock&sid=9b3346ef8ab928042c75fe6f92f74c05#p1037773
>>
>>150618168
Because it was a meme pairing from the movie that Super shoved in our faces because le ss meme.
>>
File: PepeSerious.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
PepeSerious.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>new Dragon Ball manga
>art isn't done by Toriyama
>>
File: 1468273282336.jpg (43KB, 161x321px) Image search: [Google]
1468273282336.jpg
43KB, 161x321px
>>150621146
>doesn't give a single argument to support his claim and just resorts to ad hominem
>"u-ur dumb lel"
>>
File: toriyamaconceptart.jpg (32KB, 216x363px) Image search: [Google]
toriyamaconceptart.jpg
32KB, 216x363px
>>150621280
Disappointing but he's now 60 and he said himself he can't draw like he used to.
Mustering up concept art is the best you're gonna get out of him, not full 40+ page chapters.
>>
>>150614020
Gohan was always stronger than Goku just too young to use it till then
>>
File: bog.jpg (126KB, 518x639px) Image search: [Google]
bog.jpg
126KB, 518x639px
>>150621280
Current Toyotaro >> Current Toriyama
Prime Toriyama though, he was pure magic.
>>
>>150621250
you dumbass where the fuck is tarble are you an idiot or something?
>>150621358
>common sense need a proof
You really has brain damage
Your logic just wrong and idiot at best
>>
>>150621625
>you dumbass where the fuck is tarble are you an idiot or something?
get some reading comprehension skills dipshit I said it wasn't in there.
>>
File: 1480889703635.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1480889703635.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
>>150621625
>You really has brain damage
>Your logic just wrong and idiot at best

Fuck the irony hurts.
>>
>>150621625
You need to be 18 to post here, Antonio.
>>
>>150621698
yes you ungrateful retard.
>>
>>150621706
Your brainless brain need fix. Try eating shit probably your iq will reach at least 1 digit area.
>>
>>150621750
go back to bed Pedro.
>>
>>150621750
> i meant head
>>
>>150621750
>Your brainless brain

Life is only going to get worse for you from here anon.
>>
>>150621826
It has been fixed you dumbass.
>>
File: 1480975196266.jpg (18KB, 414x459px) Image search: [Google]
1480975196266.jpg
18KB, 414x459px
>>150621864
>>150621195
>>150620879
>you dumbass
>level of autism beyond comprehension

how's your first day on /a/?
>>
>>150621948
How's your everyday living by having no brain, it must be tough for you.
>>
File: ohohoh.gif (193KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ohohoh.gif
193KB, 500x375px
>>150621750
>Your brainless brain
>>
>>150621750
Fucking mexicans get out.
>>
>>150623546
You forget your brain somewhere you brainless idiot.
>>
keep getting triggered ese.
>>
>>150594622
the manga is as good as it can be for a supplement manga aside from the jarring choice of making goku go ssg during the tournament.
>>
>how do you work with toryiama?
>I draw a draft and send it to my editor. My editor then ask's toryiama to check it out. It's an honour for me to work with him but sometimes i get corrected drafts from him and i get super excited but also a bit dissapointed at myself.

He never checks though- t.toeicuck
>>
>>150623716
Toyotaro is a powerlevel fag, that means he cared too much about the story to add in a crazy stacked multiplier form that both drain stamina.
Logically speaking SSBxKaioken10 made absolutely no sense, but it was hype fanservice.
>>
>>150594622
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11809778
we've had a similar Manga vs Anime poll before.
The most recent one before this also had the manga winning for the full duration and it seems like this one is no different.
>>
>>150623788
toeifags will still denie that toryiama has any involvement with the manga.
Delusional bunch of non canon filler trash.
>>
>>150623788
and this is the final nail in the coffin:
>>150601522
>>
>>150623957
You must be meant to say, final nail on my own coffin.
>>
>>150624058
Did you mean: You must have meant to say?
>>
File: Toei_Animation_logo.svg.png (110KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Toei_Animation_logo.svg.png
110KB, 1280x960px
>>150623788
DELET THIS
>>
>>150619092
Saiyan bodies with human emotions.

Saiyans are seriously held back by their emotionally stunted battle behavior.

It took Krillin's death for Goku to become supersaiyan. It took Vegeta a soulseeking journey through his own inferiority complex to become supersaiyan.

All saiyans must struggle with their feelings in order to unlock their power. Halfsaiyans have a better emotional balance and can reach into that power more easily.

Remember, ki in DB comes from mind, body/strength and spirit/soul/courage.

Being in touch with your feelings or deepening your feelings will grant you greater power. Blablabla ancient chinese buddhist magic.
>>
>>150624058
whatever you say Toeifriend. I hope you're enjoying the filler. :)
>>
>>150624111
no, you.
>>
>>150624160
ok
>>
>>150623788
this has already been said and shown before with previous drafts that toryiama made for Volume1.
Toeifags will still denie it as being false.Most of them dont care about being proven wrong they just want to troll mangafags. So dont bother. We know for a fact that the manga is closer to toryiama's vision.
>>
>>150623828
but i swore he stated that he couldnt use the red hair form again? thats where im confused.
>>
>>150624440
in the manga continuity Goku never powered down to SSJ1. So in this continuity (even including the RoF promotional manga) it makes sense that he went SSG.
>>
>>150624440
i could've sworen toryiama said he wouldn't use ssj2/ssj3 anymore, beerus being 70% of ssg,..

>What about future developments in Dragon Ball?
>To be honest, I haven’t given it any thought at all.
>>
>>150624614
he did, he's winging it as per usual.
>>
>>150624440
Toriyama allowed Toyble to retcon it.
>>
>>150624663
"It's better that way" -Toriyama
>>
>>150624701
sasuga Toriyama-sensei
>>
>>150624701

>>150605623
>>
File: toriyama-explains-goku-mother.jpg (100KB, 680x321px) Image search: [Google]
toriyama-explains-goku-mother.jpg
100KB, 680x321px
>As for Vegeta, in the event that there’s talk of another animated film, then next time, I’d like him to play the main role. (Of course, this is nothing more than intentions, and I haven’t decided anything at all.)

it all depends on toryiama's mood. Look how Rof turned out to be "vegeta's movie " lol
>>
>>150594622
>mangashitters

Never knew /a/ was so full of contrarians with shitty taste.
>>
>>150624717
Even I haven't checked the final script of the anime, let's enjoy this together! (laughs)
>>
>>150624779
enjoy (you)r tear gas and shadowclones
>>
>>150624791
>Even I haven't checked the final script of the anime

This is why the black arc went the way it did.
>>
>>150624521
>>150624663
makes enough sense. toriyama sensei is getting older, and as a result, just not giving a fuck. shame the fans aren't the same way.
>>
File: Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-70.jpg (69KB, 494x329px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-70.jpg
69KB, 494x329px
>>150624779
>stop talking shit about my filipino drawn anime
fucking
kek
>>
File: FUCKING KAKAROT.gif (554KB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING KAKAROT.gif
554KB, 287x216px
>>150624779
>complaining about things on a curtain rack company board
>>
>>150603578
Some of the best things in DBZ and DB came from filler. The only truly awful non-manga content was GT and the 4 Dragon Ball movies.
>>
>>150625214
You enjoyed the Garlic arc?
>>
File: 5.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>150625214
you somehow miraculously failed to mention "5 minutes!"
>>
>>150625635
That's part of the magic. 5 minutes for Frieza and it's 6 episodes, Buu saga takes place in one day but feels like weeks. Cell's Kamehamhea is 3 episodes long.

It's fucking based!!

>>150625306
Garlic Jr. is great, Dead Zone was kino and continuing it was brilliant.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
finally, he is back!!
>>
>>150625704
>It's fucking based!!
I'd rather watch Kai that stays true to the original source. Have you even read the manga? It has amazing pacing.
>>
>>150625772
Kai is alright, the manga is superior. Was just watching the episode where Gohan finally kills Cell and it was very obvious how much was footage just cobbled together with no new footage added.

Characters just teleported around without reason. Vegeta was on the ground behind Goku, SSJ and laying down, apologizing to him. Then a few minutes later he's watching from a far distance on a cliff.

Lots of very jarring transitions and characters just popping in, ceasing to exist, then re-appearing due to bad editing.
>>
Who got the Lucile treatment considering they didn't pay Oolong enough?
>>
>>150596949
>ssblue is so shit that now broly rekts it
i just want this to end already
>>
File: 1476286429594.png (279KB, 369x511px) Image search: [Google]
1476286429594.png
279KB, 369x511px
>>150626336
That's from Heroes.
>>
>>150626623
sauce?
>>
File: heroes.png (789KB, 827x424px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.png
789KB, 827x424px
>>150627294
His hair was edited in that picture to look blue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCi-1WwWPE
>>
>>150627348
nice thanks anon.
>>
File: wH2QL0J.jpg (80KB, 633x1038px) Image search: [Google]
wH2QL0J.jpg
80KB, 633x1038px
>>150626336
gag>dragonball
this is how a fight between this two would end
>>
File: Panel_Break.jpg (42KB, 640x274px) Image search: [Google]
Panel_Break.jpg
42KB, 640x274px
>>150627613
Goku started as a gag character, so your argument is irrelevant.
>>
File: qPjP1V3-min (1).png (2MB, 1280x9144px) Image search: [Google]
qPjP1V3-min (1).png
2MB, 1280x9144px
>>150627888
too bad toryiama agrees.
gag>dragonball
if you didn't understand the arale episode then you got nothing to do here.
>>
>>150627958
i did understand the Arale episode you queef, the fact of the matter is, there's toon force and then there's plot armor on top of that.
Even if Goku lacks toon force, it's ultimately up to the author's power to create plot armor to trump any kind of gag power he wishes to create. You arguing about this is meaningless, I hope you get diarhea.
>>
>>150627958
This is hilarious. Where was this from?
>>
>>150628077
kochikamaxdragonball crossover
a final farewell from toryiama to the longest running sjw manga
>>
>>150628055
>t.butthurt powerlevelfag
keep having a sore ass pedro
>>
>>150628055
if you did understand the arale episode why are you so butthurt about it?
It's a fact that toon/gag force > dragonball
thats the whole point. people should stop taking all the powelevel crap so seriously and i am glad toryiama doesnt give a fuck about it and can shit on it
>>
>>150628135
that rebuttal made absolutely no sense, first of all, I started the Pedro meme, second of all Saitama's universe suffers more from power levels than Dragon Ball. The fact of the matter is that discussing any conclusion between these two heroes is moot point.
>>
>>150628188
i'm not butthurt about it, i'm teaching this kid that gags were a integral part of the inception of Dragon Ball and you can't just say "gags>Dragon ball" because Dragon Ball has gags.
>>
>>150628248
dragonball stopped being a gag manga a long time ago. The last gag was goku taking the rabbit to the moon.
>>
File: Toribot.png (349KB, 653x699px) Image search: [Google]
Toribot.png
349KB, 653x699px
>>150628284
>The last gag was goku taking the rabbit to the moon.
yeah sure it was.
>>
File: laughing madman.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing madman.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>150628203
>first of all, I started the Pedro meme
because that's totally going to make your argument valid
>>
File: 0de.png (659KB, 990x776px) Image search: [Google]
0de.png
659KB, 990x776px
>>150628203
>I started the Pedro meme
>look i am OG super boss here
what are you 12? Fucking underaged cuck.
>second of all Saitama's universe suffers more from power levels than Dragon Ball
not in saitama's case. his powers are clearly not meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>150628392
>Fucking underaged cuck.
and there goes any credibility.
>>
>>150628380
not really a gag. just a toryiama cameo.
The moon thing was gag tier since it abled goku to break out of logic since he can't theoretically breath in space.
>>
>>150605398
to be fair, it was only kaioken x1
>>
>>150628474
and like i previously stated, it's moot point because the author's plot armor for a character trumps a gag/toon force he writes for his opposition.
Essentially, whoever the AUTHOR dictates as the winner, will be the winner. There's no point discussing which hero is more gag-like.
>>
File: Damn Mobian Ningens.png (249KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Mobian Ningens.png
249KB, 894x894px
hi
>>
>>150610572
>>150612301
i always hear somefag crying "hurr fake!" everytime the power level chart gets posted

what's so fake about it?
>>
File: p016.jpg (254KB, 660x948px) Image search: [Google]
p016.jpg
254KB, 660x948px
>>150628562
thing is dragonball stopped being gag a long time ago.
>>
>>150624768
if he did another movie maybe he could place brah as a part of it? if he makes Vegeta as the main lead that is.
>>
>>150628845
toei are already on a tight shedule with super and you expect them doing another movie.
This comment was made after BoG and it was meant for RoF. He probably decided to fuck over vegeta in the last minute and said you know what no lets have goku steal his kill so everyone will be shocked hihi.
>>
>>150628923
Toei failed with DBS and even in their movies they spamed their awful cgi. Why do they keep doing that crap?
>>
>>150594622
I honestly think the SSG being an accessible transformation is more stupid than SSB Kaioken desu.

The SSB Kaioken thing only fails to make sense when you try to use that outdated as shit god scale, while the SSG transformation makes little sense since it completely shits on the established "absorbed the SSG power into his body" concept.
>>
>>150628392
lol this is filler story and there actually no damage taken there because no wound let alone blood driping. that's just action line that show the movement of the claw not the scratch or damage to saitama
>>
>>150627613
saitama is not a gag the power level just very consistent unlike the power level of super jobber.
>>
>>150629957
>no damage taken there because no wound
Sure kiddo
>>150629994
>saitama is not a gag the power level just very consistent
Saitama feats keep getting more and more absurd and we dont even know his max potential yet. Also the guy is clearly gag. Lets see if goku can become this strong by doing some push ups, sit ups and some running.
>unlike the power level of super jobber.
dragonball super is just badly written and the powers are all over the place
>>
>>150630231
lol it's not enough proof because it's joke scene mostly the next frame the wound instantly dissapear. It's just the duse that left by the cat there is no such thing as wound there idiot.
>>
>>150630231
Saitama is not a gag the source of power still remain mystery so it isn't ilogicall at all. Try not having low concentration or memory while reading it
>>
>>150630336
>dust
>>
File: 4951488-8920580420-48935.jpg (300KB, 721x1167px) Image search: [Google]
4951488-8920580420-48935.jpg
300KB, 721x1167px
>>150630336
>the next frame the
this aint no anime it's a manga its called panel
> It's just the duse that left by the cat there is no such thing as wound there idiot.
keep being delusional. Dust really? you a special kind of retard. also that was the end of the chapter.
>>
File: 9213658.jpg (38KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
9213658.jpg
38KB, 390x470px
>>150630336
>dust
>>
>>150630586
Tell me why should i care about random filler story that it's not even connected to the canon in the first place?
>>
>>150630640
It's a dust or dirt you dumbass.
>>
File: 0018-239.jpg (366KB, 1466x2200px) Image search: [Google]
0018-239.jpg
366KB, 1466x2200px
This final page of Dr. Slump. So should this be considered the first drawing of Goku?
>>
>>150630779
the question should be who gives a fuck about opm. now fuck off this thread or talk dragonball faggot
>>
>>150630988
Lol such a idiotic rebuttal it's just obviously equal with admitting defeat.
>>
>>150631107
i am not him. you both fags should open up a thread about it if you want to discuss it. this is about dragonball
>>
>>150631232
Lol no lady ,please calm down you seem like having a period just now.
>>
>>150631281
better being a lady then a pussy ass permavirgin faggot.
>>
>>150606161
actually most of the cast works with Funimation for various voice works on various animes. If I remember correctly, the guy that does Trunk's voice in DBZA recently got a role for a main character in something
>>
>>150631327
lol realax and calm down, chilllll! please don't be so edgy that's an idiotic posting.
>>
>>150631413
keep crying you reject
>>
all I want for christmas is you ~
>>
>>150631742
No, Keep crying and denying you trenvestite, idiot.
>>
>>150631858
i dont give a fuck about your bald boyfriend you autistic faggot and learn how to spell juan
>>
>>150631920
lol, Keep denying you idiot, whore.
>>
She is always melting my heart
>>
File: 28338459800_f31c1577e7_z.jpg (120KB, 640x556px) Image search: [Google]
28338459800_f31c1577e7_z.jpg
120KB, 640x556px
>>150631958
Bra when?
>>
>>150620740
>SSJ2
It's Pseudo SSJB
This is what is forms he has
SSJ
ASSJ
USSJ
SSJ2 (he doesn't need SSJ3 cause he mastered this form match SSJ3 power)
And Pseudo SSJB which is your pic related is and mine.
>>
>>150630819
>It's a dust or dirt you dumbass.
>>
>>150631948
keep crying you slut
>>
>>150632024
No it's just an asspull SSJ form. The power is vary depending the enemy. Effect of SSJ make him always stronger or match the enemy power with the power of asspull's aura. Yes it must be called asspull ssj transformation.
>>
>>150632150
No, im not crying whore, i'm laughing here.
>>
>>150632084
Is that in the picture is you? Oh poor you. I shouldn't have force you to think a lot your condition can be worse than ever now.
>>
>>150602675
>disliking DBS voice acting
>disliking the soundtrack, now that it became better during Black arc
As expected from a wixoss fag
>>
new thread here:
>>150632295
>>150632295
>>150632295
>>150632295
>>
>>150632315
we didn't reach the bump limit you mentally challenge child
>>
>>150632357
this thread has been turned into cancer by the OPM fag and must be purged.
>>
>>150596427
>all this bullshit
You are surely butthurt anon, manga would be fine if it weren't for two things
-Its monthly
-Toyotaro has few to none original ideas, even worse he resorts to tracing panels from the original manga. Maybe if they add Ooishii as a second artist/writer or having a team that oversees Toyotable ideas will make Super even better
>>
File: NostalgicThrowback.png (1015KB, 1020x2168px) Image search: [Google]
NostalgicThrowback.png
1015KB, 1020x2168px
>>150632407
show me one example of tracing that's not just an homage.
>>
>>150632357
too many one punch man fags you cuck
>>
>>150632433
And it's not even exclusive to Toriyama as Toyotaro even references his past work.
>>
>>150605398
So you are taking filler as canon?
Kek
>>
>>150632433
Still reaching bruh
>>
>>150632654
SSBK isn't canon to begin with.
>>
>>150632679
It can easily be canon, but it just hasn't happened. Just like Gogeta.
>>
>just read the Zuno chapter
>Zamasu is suddenly asking about dragonballs
>he never met Goku
>he doesn't know Goku fought Beerus
The manga is retarded as shit. Why would he wish of this guy's body instead of a hakaishin or an angel or Hit/Monaka?
>>
>>150632758
>It can easily be canon

Unless Toriyama states otherwise it can't since it was justified by conditions Toei made up just like SSG form returning in the manga.
>>
>>150632654
that's you, Kaiokek is not canon and never will be.
>>
File: shit manga.png (855KB, 1141x1546px) Image search: [Google]
shit manga.png
855KB, 1141x1546px
reminder
>>
File: dontmakemepostthis.jpg (680KB, 2136x2088px) Image search: [Google]
dontmakemepostthis.jpg
680KB, 2136x2088px
>>150633616
reminder
>>
File: only40tons.png (163KB, 632x296px) Image search: [Google]
only40tons.png
163KB, 632x296px
>>150633616
reminder
>>
>>150633778
Something about ki blast cannot destroy a door in android saga happened.
>>
>>150635983
they stated they didn't want to accidentally and prematurely wake up the androids unnecessarily
>>
>>150604611
still both are non canon.
>>
>>150596427
>implying AT calls anything canon
>implying AT isn't just lending his name
>>
>>150596949
>broly's got a ray gun
goku is kill
>>
>>150606564
>trunks
more like trucks amirite?
>>
>>150608483
AT won't let the main cast ever beat his pet's self-insert
>>
>>150610108
>you're gonna raise my kid, big green
>>
>>150610591
>180K Oozaru Vegeta
>lower than 120K Ginyu
Even with given power levels, this chart fucks up.
>>
DB has never been good.
>>
>>150642643
Goku has never not lost to Vegeta. Will it get good when Goku manages to win for once?
>>
>>150620570
Anyone Piccolos strength can take out Super Boo now.
>>
I really wish Toriyama wouldn't have left behind some of the DB characters. Tien feels like a ghost of his past self, he was supposed to be a genius at fighting, but after DB we never see any of this.

I feel like his character was killed in the Nappa fight, and he never recovered. Imagine him not dying and going to Namek too, getting his potential unlocked by the Guru and keeping his relevance.
>>
>>150596427
>TL;DR: Toriyama is a fucking talentless hack
FTFY
>>
Will Vegeta be doomed to be undefeated against Goku forever? Is this what you leave him to, Toriyama? An MC who can't beat his rival? Might as well have 3-0 right now.
>>
>>150643098
how the fuck did he and the others not at least get kaioken? they were abandoned at death
>>
>>150645641
Seriously, he should've been able to learn everything the Kaiousama wanted to teach him. Tien is probably the best martial artist in the series.
>>
>>150645696
he mastered a move far beyond the kamehameha but got pissed on here. even piccolo got jack to show for it when toriyama lists him as the best fighter. what exactly has he got to show for it? he barely managed to keep pace with two fusions. he going to merge with all namekians and do a god ritual? a nanny now
>>
>>150596427
Fpbp
>>
Hit will be in a baseball uniform i eat a belt
>>
>>150627888
>started as
>currently is

Different things, Pedro.

>>150629994
>saitama is not a gag

Off yourself, Pedro 2.
>>
>>150633616
Hasn't the "having SSG power in base" thing retconned?
Isn't SSG just another subsequent power-up, above SSJ 1, 2, 3, and below Blue?
>>
File: vegeta defeats goku again.gif (1MB, 381x289px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta defeats goku again.gif
1MB, 381x289px
>>
File: 1480889275389 70.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480889275389 70.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>150649473
he keeps on winning
>>
Winnie is gonna kick everyone's ass in baseball though.
He has faced terror beyond anything Yamcha has ever played against
>>
I'm a bigger fan of the anime's interpretation of the Hit vs Goku fight than the manga's.

In the anime, Hit is a legitimate threat even with the massive gap in power between him and Goku. His time-skip and constant improvement of his abilities makes him keep up even with the Kaioken boost, and the revelation that he's STILL holding back hits harder when Goku is already on the ropes and still wants more out of Hit. That and, Goku's surrender has more impact when you're reminded of Beerus and Champus' arguments and treating their fighters like pawns. Hit actually develops as a character over the fight as well, starting off completely cold and disinterested to getting motivated and even smiling at Goku's attitude. They feel like rivals.

In the manga, Hit's time-skip is immediately gimped by the SSG mode, and then going 'all-out' for exactly one time-skip is gimped out yet again by SSB. There's not as much development for Hit for his relationship with Goku as there were in the anime, Goku's surrender makes less sense because even though they brought up Hit holding back his killing techniques, Hit couldn't even land a single solid hit over the course of their fight.

I understand Kaioken being used out of nowhere has its critics but the anime made a better show of this whole fight.
>>
File: 1.jpg (174KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
174KB, 1128x1600px
>>
Dub is coming Jan 7th on Toonami for those who care
>>
File: 1479316778702.jpg (80KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1479316778702.jpg
80KB, 1200x675px
>>150653545
FUCKING WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I just wanted to see the Buu arc one more time. It makes more sense to finish DB's story after sitting through every other arc before jumping into Super! FUCK! Buu Kai has never even been aired in english before and an extra year of Buu to allow the japs to make more episodes can't hurt, can it?
>>
>>150653779
Dub fans have been bitching at Schemmel and Funimation to release it for months now.
>>
>>150653779
buu arc is airing as well
>>
>>150653779
The funny thing is that they finished dubbing the Buu arc ages ago too
>>
>>150651807
The real problem stems from the anime making Hit SSBKx10 strong.
Anything involving Hit in the anime is going to have inconsistent powerlevels that were on par if not worse to the black arc.
>>
>>150653779
They're airing Buu arc an hour after Super
>>
>>150631958
Bra WHEN?!
>>
File: 1477788068055.jpg (61KB, 1272x717px) Image search: [Google]
1477788068055.jpg
61KB, 1272x717px
>>150655781
only after Bulma starts hitting on other men again
>>
>>150656256
DELET THIS
>>
>>150651807
Does the anime explain why he put his hands in his pockets and all that jazz?
>>
File: Goku Black Sword Dance.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Goku Black Sword Dance.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>150604904
I miss Black a lot.
>>
File: bulma seduce.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bulma seduce.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>150656256
>>150656732
maybe this might spur vegeta on
>>
File: black goku's speech.jpg (914KB, 1008x5150px) Image search: [Google]
black goku's speech.jpg
914KB, 1008x5150px
>>150657142
>>
File: yamcha beats golden frieza.jpg (369KB, 908x1280px) Image search: [Google]
yamcha beats golden frieza.jpg
369KB, 908x1280px
>>150650801
It doesn't stop there.
>>
File: Bulma gets Vegeta in the mood.jpg (47KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
Bulma gets Vegeta in the mood.jpg
47KB, 500x460px
>>150657310
Failing that.
>>
>>150656953
It was written off just as disrespect.
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.