[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plastic Memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: plastic memories.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
plastic memories.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Ok I just finished watching it. Couple of things:

1. Did anyone else notice the ton of similarities to Evangelion characters??
Isla = Rei (literally a quiet dull robot)
Yasutaka = Kaiji (the looks, the mannerisms, even how he throws his arm around the MC, even how he treats the Misato of the story!)
Kazuki = Misato
Michiru = Asuka (even the hair style and color!)
Constance = the glasses guy
More I can't remember.

2. Was the ending meant to imply she came back like that other giftia did with a different/fresh personality?

3. How could they have not fucked? Are you serious? She couldn't just give him one last parting gift?
>>
>>150578941
You realize Evangelion created a lot of those character archetypes so its not uncommon for shows to have them nowadays.
>>
I'm pretty sure there were shots lifted straight from Eva in this show.
>>
>>150579109

No dude, I mean like half the cast was in this show. It was pretty fucked up.

>>150579189
This. I mean even the gay joke Kaiji played on Shinji.
>>
>>150579189
There is a difference between copying shots and being influenced by Anno's direction. You can see shots identical to Eva in a lot of shows directed by guys like Kazuya, Imaishi. I'm not trying to give Plastic Memories any credit tho since it was derivative shit.
>>150579268
Eva influenced Yaoi culture too, you can see undertones of it in many shows.
>>
>>150578941
>re-used NGE character archetypes without even bothering to add any features to distinguish them from other examples of said archetypes
>ton of similarities
Yeah, no. This show was garbage, stop trying to make it be more than it actually was.

Also, your usage of exclamation marks clearly shows you are new here, so lurk moar.
>>
>>150579488

Uh, I'm not trying to 'make it more' than it was. The similarities were just shockingly obvious and across multiple characters.

>exclamation marks

Because I should be a sheep and conform to your shitty board. I've been here since about 2007. Maybe you should stop trying to fit in so hard and derail a thread with shitposting? Love it how you actually added nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>150579745
>the similarities were just shockingly obvious and across multiple characters
Copy-pasting character archetypes and shot direction from NGE doesn't mean the show is similar to Evangelion. It just means the guy behind it was a hack who couldn't direct anything on his own.
Re-using the same character archetypes does not mean it's in any way similar.

>love how you actually added nothing to the conversation
There's no conversation to begin with.

>conform to your shitty board
>I've been here since 2007
Quite the contradiction, don't you think? Also, we both know you haven't been here for 9 fucking years - it's obvious to anyone in this thread. So how about you stop embarrassing yourself and just post this thread on reddit or some other gaia-clone?
>>
>>150579109
It actually invented anime you retarded along with madoka.
>>
>>150580063

God damn are you retarded. I'm not saying the show was similar to Eva. I'm saying the characters were copied, and was wondering if anyone else noticed. It's obviously common for those characters to be copied here and there, but this show went overboard.

The rest of your post is just shitty trolling. You sound like one bitter motherfucker. Suck a dick. And yes, I don't conform to this fucking board, no matter how long faggots such as yourself parrot that I should. It's obvious you just want to be a sheep and have no idea how to behave how you want instead of what others want.

You are the reason /a/ is shit. You've added nothing to the thread but shitposting.
>>
Eva was shit. Plastic Memories was better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.