[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much value do you put into visual direction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

How much value do you put into visual direction?
>>
about tree fiddy
>>
>>150539617
It's primarily a visual medium. So, like a lot?
>>
None. I'm blind
>>
Has anyone watched the RtN-verse filler episodes? Are they as amusing as the SoL of this movie?
>>
Would you suck my dick?
>>
>>150539982
naruto filler is almost never good
>>
Top 5 TV anime with best direction 2016:
1. Occultic Nine
2. Flip Flappers
3. Mob Psycho
4. Hibike
5. Kiznaiver
>>
>>150540795
And just as you'd expect, all 5 of those series are garbage.
>>
>>150540795
Nothing particularly good, and certainly nothing I'd consider a good show.
>>
>>150540795
Meh year. Only Hibike was good, again.
>>
>>150541420
hibike was fucking awful though.
>>
File: 666 silver knight.jpg (58KB, 394x379px) Image search: [Google]
666 silver knight.jpg
58KB, 394x379px
>>150539617
Does anyone else feel like something being really well-animated if what's happening isn't actually important/interesting is just a waste?
When I see something that I consider meaningless get a ton of attention to detail, I'm not impressed in the slightest. All I end up thinking is "you could've spent this money better".
It's (one of) the reason(s) I haven't watched Hibike Euphonium.

Am I weird for preferring things to only have decent animation most of the time, and then ramp it up a lot when things matter? I feel like it makes things have a far bigger impact when the animation quality suddenly spikes.

Here's an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QivK1awazW8

This clip features a fair amount of panning shots and still frames, and even QUALITY Koichi near the end, but I think the contrast between those and the BtD animation at the end only serves to improve the impact BtD has.

Here's another example from the same series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le5usQMbApo
Rohan's running animation looks cheap and pretty damn bad, but because it's immediately followed by his exaggerated jump and mid-air pose, that didn't bother me. I was just glad they prioritized making the pose look great rather than making the running animation look good.

I can't be the only one to feel this way, can I?
>>
>>150539617
We had the exact thread before
>>
>>150542125
No, everything at all times should be well animated.
>>
>>150542125
>Am I weird for preferring things to only have decent animation most of the time, and then ramp it up a lot when things matter?
I mean, Hibike Euphonium does this. It was always rather restrained for a KyoAni show.
>>
>>150539617
Do the Naruto movies cover the whole story or are they like One Piece where they're just extra-long episodes? I heard the Naruto anime has a lot of stuff removed compared to the manga but I'm not interested enough in the series to read the manga so if I can just watch a dozen movies that'd be great.
>>
>>150542947
the movies have nothing to do with the manga
>>
File: hibike cg.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hibike cg.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>150542821
>I mean, Hibike Euphonium does this. It was always rather restrained for a KyoAni show.
Yeah hibike looks great.
>>
>>150542125
>dark souls image
>jojo video
Opinion discarded
>>
>>150543134
tragic
>>
>>150542570
In an ideal world, sure, but I'd still want some scenes to be more visually impressive than others for the sake of impact.

>>150542821
Huh, guess that's what I get for judging it by random clips. Oh well, thanks for the info.

>>150543134
Oh, wow, this is not what I meant when I said I wanted some parts to look better than others.
>>
>>150543134
theres something about yung girls putting instruments in their little mouths
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.