[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voice acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: PhotoEditor-1480821198889.jpg (141KB, 1076x1076px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoEditor-1480821198889.jpg
141KB, 1076x1076px
Why can't the only reason we consider sub's superior in voice acting is because we can't comprehend what the hell they are saying? Or how much they stretch their words and syllables.
>>
>>150515279
Subtitles are superior because it's harder for someone to replace the dialog with their own shit. When they try anyway -- and some of them absolutely do -- it's obvious and they can be called out for it.

It's not really about the talent of the voice actors.
>>
>>150515469
How is it more obvious if you can't understand the language, anyway? If your answer involves learning the language, then you're already doing it wrong because you have no excuse for needing subs.
>>
>>150515279
Because you're projecting. Not only can I comprehend what they're saying, but even back when I couldn't it was obvious how most original anime voice work was far superior to dubs.
>>
>>150515279
personally it just sounds off? listening to dubs. even ones that are widely accepted as very good, like cowboy bebop. it just doesn't sound right, but maybe I'm just used to subs.

also I think especially for SoL the Japanese language sounds/fits better with the topics and characters
>>
I can understand both, subs are better. The nip voiceacting cabal is better than the american voiceacting cabal rejects who dub all the translated material.
>>
>>150516305
Actually, looking back it's not fair to call them the american voiceacting cabal rejects given how many are canadian.
>>
>>150515759
>How is it more obvious if you can't understand the language, anyway?
For one you don't need to know much of the language to tell if a subtitler is trying to bullshit you. Secondly, it only takes one person to catch the bullshit and call it out, at which point people know not to trust the subber.
>>
File: 1463692683957.png (531KB, 865x998px) Image search: [Google]
1463692683957.png
531KB, 865x998px
>>150515279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFcox4tvy4
English just seems so forced a lot of the time. I bet there are some genuinely good dubs around, but Japanese always sounds the most natural. Like you said, it may just be because we're accustomed to it, but Japanese VA's seem to fill their roles the best.
>>
Go watch Girlish Number and tell me if you can't tell the difference between Chitose's good and bad acting.
>>
the only dub i actually enjoy is hellsing ultimate,
the rest sound so forced. i think the style of animation just suits jp better.
>>
>I'm an EOP so everyone else is too!
>>
It's not about being superior it's about being correct. Like, that's how they were made. Don't replace the actors with other people.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.