[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charlotte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (66KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 300x416px
So I'm working through some of my backlog right now and just finished Charlotte. What did /a/ think of the series?
>>
It was pretty good, ending was hugely fucking rushed, though.
>>
It was bad
>>
Why was this on your backlog to begin with? It's horrible.
>>
wish the ending wasn't so rushed when he went traveling, but i enjoyed it. cute imouto and other girls
>>
i think it was pretty good, but i expected more from the creators of Angel Beats
>>
Reminder that she was raped
>>
>>150493609
I think Charlotte's character could have done with being more flexible, and not just restricted to her defining trope. And, as others have said, shitty rushed ending.
But good, overall. 6.5/10
>>
Too many ideas for a 1 cour show.
>>
Pizza sauce
>>
>>150493737
It's exactly the same quality as Angel Beats, you're just older now. Maeda is only good at emotional manipulation, his stories suck ass otherwise.
>>
>>150493609
Did the same fucking thing to me as Angel Beats
>first half lures me in to thinking its a fun SoL comedy, but still a little serious
>ending does a huge shift to full on seriousness which makes you feel even worse about the ending

I knew it would happen going in and still fell for it
>>
>>150493791
>Charlotte's character
You mean Nao?
>>
Its shit, only watch it for suffering.
>>
>>150494069
Yeah, my bad, I can't even remember who the fuck Charlotte is in the show.
It wasn't very memorable for me.
>>
File: 1440916777817.jpg (1MB, 1278x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1440916777817.jpg
1MB, 1278x1402px
>>150493609
The Nao is love.
The Nao is life.
>>
>>150494561
Charlotte was the name of the comet that gave everyone their powers originally.

>tfw I had to look that up, because fuck if I could remember either
>>
Until watching it a month ago I had no clue where the sleep snug smug image came from
>>
They spent too much time faffing about with baseball and fucking music videos, then put all of the actual interesting stuff in the last episode.

The last episode was pretty great, actually. They probably could have stretched it out to 2 or 3 episodes and still have been fine.

Except for the ending, of course.
"The last power... bravery. It's obvious, how couldn't I have seen it."
um no what the fuck kind of power is bravery

and then he can't stop a crossbow bolt and falls over nearly dead
and his friends just so happen to come by with a helicopter at the last moment
and they don't look like they've aged a bit, even though it's supposed to have been one or two years

When Game Theory level bullshit of "Maybe he actually died at the end and the last bits of the ending are just a dream" makes more sense than what you actually wrote, then you've written a shitty ending.
>>
>>150493752
No she wasn't. She would've have been traumatized but she was fine. They simply took her clothes off.
>>
>>150493609
Had the same issue as Angel Beats, thought it was gonna be 2 cour but about halfway through they got the message it was only gonna be one. So lots of good ideas had to be dropped just for the ending
>>
>>150493686
How does he know if something is horrible or not before watching it?
>>
>>150496047
>Script - Maeda Jun
>>
How would you have fixed the ending?
>>
>>150496047
Literally anyone with a semblance of taste should be able to tell that this is no good.
>>
>>150496450
Put it 1 second into the show.
>>
>>150494586
Best imouto.
>>
>>150493609
Was it ever explained why everyone was such a bitch to Nao? They take her out back for an ass whoopin and that was the last we ever heard of that
>>
>>150496450
remove time travel
all that accepting lost and redemption threw out of the gutter because of this bullshit
also, actually explained why Nao is bullied in the first time
>>
>>150493609
8/10
>>
>>150496877
I kinda like how they handle the time travel
>introduce it as overpowered shit to fix everything
>hey go do this super dangerous task and if you fuck it up just time travel lol
>gets his time travel fucked and has to pay the price
>>
>>150497025
Seriously?
>>
>>
>>150497140
It legitimately was not that bad. My biggest gripe seems to be shared with others here, the ending felt really rushed.
>>
>>150497140
Yeah

These kind of fun original shows dont come often
>>
>>150497056
really? because from first episode we already learned that all the powers have some drawback so it's not really surprising for me
the problem is they ruined the timeline after the time travel is introduced
>>
>>150493609
But who was Charlotte?
>>
>>150497814
Having his eye cut wasn't a drawback though. The drawback of time travel was blindness with excessive use
>>
File: 黒齣314.gif (539KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
黒齣314.gif
539KB, 500x281px
so cute
>>
>>150498039
The comet. Admittedly you had to nearly finish the series to learn this
>>
>>150493609
The end felt rushed, but all in all it was pretty good. One of those rare shows that doesn't really do anything spectacular, but also doesn't do anything horribly wrong.
>>
>>150493957
>you're just older now
>Angel Beats wasn't that long ago, was it?
>2010

Oh fuck what
>>
>>150493609
It managed to be even worse than Angel Beats.
>>
>>150496844
The teleporter guy says she picks fights but there was never anything more than that. So it really never is answered
>>
The Nao bullying gave me a boner
>>
>>150499218
Why does 2010 feel like an eternity ago?
>>
>>150495420
That ending always bugged me, it was so unclear how long he was actually traveling. We see early on he has a fully controllable teleportation ability leading me to believe he was only out there for 3-4 months
>>
>Nao never got her husbando
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.