[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this shit actually good or is it all just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: code_geass.jpg (595KB, 1400x949px) Image search: [Google]
code_geass.jpg
595KB, 1400x949px
Was this shit actually good or is it all just a meme?
>>
>>150481491
R1 9/10
R2 8/10, excellent ending made it 10/10

Now that R3 is coming out to undo the ending, goes back to 8/10.
>>
It's a fun ride as long as you don't take it too seriously I guess.
>>
Season 1 was awesome but season 2 sucked ass unless you were below the age of 15 when you watched it. In season 2 they put the show on at an earlier timeslot to appeal to children and it shows.
>>
File: 1435442747868.gif (2MB, 709x625px) Image search: [Google]
1435442747868.gif
2MB, 709x625px
>>150481514
>>150481491

>newfags unironically like Edge Geass

It's the epitome of "So Bad, It's Good."
>>
yeah it's an incredibly intelligent anime that really makes you think about stuff like ethics and politics
>>
>>150481491
It's a show that is very smart in it's theming and character driven ambiguity

It is also very silly at times in R2, thanks to unfortunate meddling. But it's all only 50 episodes, and is a wild ride

Watch sub, if only because Sub Shirley is a better voice than Dub Shirley
>>
yuffie the mad man!
>>
It's complete utter and irredeemable shit but the fun came from watching it with /a/.
>>
>>150481711
>newfags trying to fit in and bought into the /a/ hates geass meme
>>
>>150481491
Meme. All anime is bad and you should stop watching and being a manchild.
>>
>>150481491
It was a meme. Now fuck off.
>>
>>150481491
It's not good nor is it bad.
It's just perfect.
>>
I watched Code Geass in November 2009 when the series was already ancient and long-forgotten, and I really enjoyed it even without the benefit of /a/.
>>
It's very entertaining and fun, but the writing is sure not good.
>>
>>150482016
this
>>
>>150481491
Overall pretty good, though at times it relies too heavily on writing their characters like retards to deliver loltweeeests and induce drama.
>>
>>150481491
R2 was shit
>>
>>150481491
Texbook example of how Sunrise treats its own series.
Fairly solid S1 overal, then R2 happens: they fuck up with the director, drag viewers through a pile of insufferable mecha tropes through half a season, then they give up and just turn it into bullshit after bullshit until it ends.

So yes, it is shit. It was just fun to watch the trainwreck live with other people.
>>
>>150481491
>favoite show of reddit
>favorite how of MAL
>probably favorite show of tumblr too

You tell me.
>>
>>150481491
Season 1 was fine, two was total shit.
>>
>>150481491
Watched it on my own without /a/ and even rewatched it a few times after that, most recently a year ago.

Yes, it's fucking amazing. Watch it now.
>>
>>150481491
Speaking about Code Geass in objective terms doesn't really do it justice. It transcends typical ratings.

It's just Code Geass man.
>>
watching geass with /a/ was unironicallly the best time i've ever had on here
>>
You tell me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnLi6BURX8A
>>
>>150481491
its actually good, 10/10 I should say and it beats my current fave animes like SAO, AoT and RE: Zero.
>>
>>150486111
Oh fuck off, what are your real favourite anime?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.