[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all legitimate seriousness, was K-On an influential anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: K-ON_Character.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
K-ON_Character.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
In all legitimate seriousness, was K-On an influential anime? It was a fairly popular one during its heyday, yes, but was it influential?
>>
Nigga are you even aware of how many "cute girls in x special interest club" anime there are these days?
>>
No, it wasn't. If you want influential sol anime you need Lucky Star, accept no substitutes.
>>
it popularized the "cute girls ensemble" so to an extent it was influential.
>>
>>150411674
I think Yuyushiki was the last of those, though...
>>
>>150412031
>I think Yuyushiki was the last of those, though...
You think wrong, and live under a big rock.
>>
>>150411614
Unfortunately yes

Studios make big cash from its copycats and all sane people hate it and everything like it
>>
Two seasons in a row with literal Keion clones.
>>
>>150411614
I never watched this show, is it supposed to be a School Days like situation where everyone is secretly related?
>>
K-on changed my life for the better.
>>
>>150412896
Why don't you watch it instead of asking about it?
>>
>>150413235
How so, anon?
>>
>>150413510
Because now any time I am feeling down or depressed I can think of the keions and I feel happy again.
>>
K-on! influenced the industry to a certain degree, however studios only took the most obvious thing k-on has, a bunch of girls in a club in highschool. They ignored what truly made k-on a big hit, and I cannot blame them, as Shinkai stated not too long ago, Yamada's work is something you want to replicate but you simply cannot, and there's only one Yamada, and she's at KyoAni. Yamada showed the industry that animating something as simple as eating cake and drinking tea with your friends it's a serious fucking business. Characters feels real, they feel like they're alive, something that none other show has achieved so far.
>>
File: 1376464657289.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1376464657289.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
K-ON is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is the most sophisticated anime ever created; a tour de force, the pièce de résistance of animation! LoGH is little more than plebeian dreck in comparison, its creators wishing they could have produced an anime with even an inkling of the genius contained within Our Holy K-ON. From the profound debates about eating cake, to the highly philosophical discussions about procrastination, to the marvelous musicianship exhibited by the Light Music Club, K-ON has established itself as the greatest intellectual anime. You cannot disagree unless you are a terrible person. Seriously. It's an infallible law of the universe. K-ON is a masterpiece, and we all know that K-ON has the superior tea scenes.

"A phenomenal chef-d'oeuvre. My fifteen years of work on Evangelion now feel trivial by comparison." — Anno Hideaki, esteemed anime director

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to make America great again. I am now a better man." — Donald J. Trump, 45th president of the United States

"I am an uncultured lowborn with pedestrian tastes in anime." — Anonymous plebeian, speaking in reflection of his love for LoGH
>>
>>150418369
these copypastas always make me laugh
post more
>>
Have you ever looked at this board before?
>>
File: 1476993462823.jpg (241KB, 875x492px) Image search: [Google]
1476993462823.jpg
241KB, 875x492px
>>150418566

It was a hot summer day and I was in my studio hitting 1200 notes. My fingers were flexing and niggers within a 10 mile radius were getting uppity. Once I was done with my daily 32 hour jam session I called one of the bitches I know, Sawa-chan sensei. She is really damn hot and looks like a supermodel. SO I got into my Lamborghini Gallardo and reved it up to 40,000 RPM (this is an Italian import with special engine system). I got onto the freeway near my house and threw it into 8th gear, I hit about 600 mph and I could hear the sonic boom as I broke the sound barrier. As I was flooring it on the freeway like a badass, Sawa-chan sensei called me and said she wanted to dress me up. So be it.

I came to a full stop from 700 mph in front of her house. These Ferrari’s have top notch brakes, you know. So she gets out of the house and walks up to my Bugatti and starts eyeballing keyboard. I could tell she was staring at it because when I looked at her I noticed she was looking at my keyboard. Booya.

Flash forward 10 minutes later. My Korg Triton Extreme is going inside of her house, hitting them walls. I’m holding my keyboard's entire body up with my left pinky as I’m playing it and she's hitting 30,000 notes on her guitar. She looks me in the eyes and she says “harder.” V-TEC just kicked in, yo. I hit my keys so hard she drops her costume. There had to have been about two dozen of costumes everywhere. People say I look moe in costumes, I wouldn’t disagree with them.

I throw her a sheet so she can read my new lyrics herself then I do a triple backflip into my Maserati and drive home.

shits wild son
>>
It was not influential, unfortunately. The only takeaway other studios had was "cute SOL sells". But they didn't make their shows good like K-On. Most modern CGDCT shows have static characters, derivative plots, skewed balance between humorous moments and emotional moments, piss poor writing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.