[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was a better character; Simon or Kamina?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0616.jpg (52KB, 736x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0616.jpg
52KB, 736x405px
Who was a better character; Simon or Kamina?
>>
Kittan
>>
Simon

Kamina was just a plot device.
>>
Simon, he got shit done. Kamina was just his cheerleader.
>>
Both were great characters with surprising depth. Simon is ultimately better because his development leads him to become a legitimately great man.
>>
>>150410601
One was the real deal while the other put on a front.
>>
>>150410601
Simon obviously
>>
>>150410601
Only one of the two received any real development and didn't stay a one note imitation of much better existing Mecha pilots. The other is Kamina.
>>
File: Kittan.jpg (109KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kittan.jpg
109KB, 640x360px
>>150410739
I cry every time ;_;
>>
When will they learn?
>>
>>150410601
Simon does more things to my dick than Kamina
>>
>>150411931
Teen Simon is cuter than Adult Simon.
>>
Kamina was more memorable but the supporting cast often are. Simon was good for a main character.

Difficult to make a very memorable and likeable main character
>>
>>150412233
>Difficult to make a very memorable and likeable main character
Maybe if you only watch basic shounen series, yeah
>>
File: cutie.jpg (21KB, 699x393px) Image search: [Google]
cutie.jpg
21KB, 699x393px
>>150410601
Viral.
>>
>>150411001
That's not true.
Kamina was the first human to hijack a ganmen

By episode 8 he was skilled enough that he could overpower viral just in the default Gurren

He was a good leader and a strong guy, but did not exceptional amounts of spiral energy like Simon.

Also he knew how to delegate and balance his flaws with other members of his team, raise moral.

More than just a cheerleader.
>>
File: kamina.gif (714KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
kamina.gif
714KB, 600x525px
>>150410601

Kamina is seriously annoying always shouting and bossing people around. He reminds me of the autistic Rider in Fate/Zero
>>
Simon, obviously.
Mostly because he has actual relevant character progression, even if that progression is lifted from literally every mecha anime ever made.
>>
Kamina is a better protagonist thats for sure
>>
>>150410929
This

I love and prefer Kamina for how awesome he is but he mostly serve as a motivator for Simon. Simon is the one that really have developments.
>>
>>150412301
It's true to a greater degree with shounen manga and anime, but is a trend that exists in manga and anime in general.

For most series, if you ask a person who their favourite character was from it or which character they liked the most, the majority of the time it will be not the main character.
>>
>>150412416
That's an insult to Rider, aka the only good thing to come from fate. Rider was a character that fat surpassed everyone in his show with only Waver being as developed.

Though they are both in a sense imitations of previously established characters with Kamina being a shitty imitation of hot-blooded Mecha pilots and Rider being strikingly similar to Raoh.

>>150412843
For most series, if you ask a person who their favourite character was from it or which character they liked the most, the majority of the time it will be not the main character.
That's the case of most fiction, people tend to relate most to who they empathize most personally with the most. But you only get bland boring main characters in anime/manga as often from shounen/shoujo stuff since it's aimed at kids and the protagonist is usually a self insert or bland to be used as a plot device. Often protagonists have to be a bit lacking in certain regards or start as blank slates as they serve for the audience to view the world through, but anything good usually something not aimed towards as young an audience as shounen will develop the main character.
>>
>>150412156
That's true for most characters
>>
>>150413092
Rider was a selfish retard and he died like the isiot he was, never accomplishing anything.
>>
>>150413547
>Rider was a selfish retard and he died like the isiot he was
You are going to have to back your baseless claims there, buckaroo
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.