[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dio got his body/stands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jojo.jpg (195KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
195KB, 620x349px
I never watched or read Jojos up until last week. I decided to dive in head first. I binged watched all of stardust crusaders within a couple days. I loved it. So I just finished binge watching part 1 and 2.... I thought that they were going to explain in the first parts how dio is still alive and how he stole jonathans body? Also how the fuck aren't stands in part 1 and 2? How did Dio kill jonathan? I don't understand. Is this explained somewhere? Should I read the manga?
>>
>>150385809
Also how did DIO get stuffed into a coffin and who was the one who stuffed dio into a coffin? Why was dio trapped in the coffin and unable to get out?
>>
>>150385893
DIO put himself in the coffin after chopping off Jojo's head and taking the body
Stands exist in Part 1 and 2's time but the struggles of parts 1 & 2 only dealt with a few people
>>
>>150386061
Was there any reason why DIO chose to put himself in the coffin?
>>
>>150385809
>reading part 3 before parts 1 and 2
the fuck
>>
>>150386217
To heal
>>
>>150385809
It gets glossed at the beginning of Part 3, but its actually explained in Part 4.

Basically DIO hooks up with the old gypsy bitch, she has the magic arrows made from a meteorite. The arrows are sentient and will kill people, except sometimes they dont and instead grant stands.

Since DIO had Jonathan's body, and bloodlines are magic and full of destiny or some shit, all the surviving members of the joestar bloodline gained their stands in response to DIO attaining his.

As for stands in part 1 and 2, technically they exist, they just are not plentiful. Its explained all the way in part 7 that the ripple, the stone mask, and the spin, are all methods of attaining a stand. The stone mask was like a crude prototype, and the ripple required absolute mastery of the art in order to attain a stand. In fact, stands themselves are made from that ripple energy, and were originally called ghostly ripple, or ghostly hamon.
At the time parts 1 and 2, since the arrows were not found, the only methods for attaining a stand were
>be born with one (inherited from a parent)
>Master an art (such as the case with pearl jam or dragons dream)

so yeah stands were few and far between. Then some greasy italian sells some arrows to a wrinkled gypsy who hooks up with an english faggot and boom.
>>
>>150386317
You do realize that for a long time part 3 was the only one published in English?
>>
>>150385809
>I thought that they were going to explain in the first parts how dio is still alive and how he stole jonathans body?
He somehow hid Jonathan's body and himself inside a hidden compartment in the coffin without Erina noticing
>Also how the fuck aren't stands in part 1 and 2?
Araki hadn't come up with stands at that time
>How did Dio kill jonathan?
Laser beam through the neck
>Should I read the manga?
Yes
>>
>>150386435
>the stone mask

No. We know full well what the mask was for
>>
>>150386435
The mask is more physical. It's acupuncture stuff that unlocks the body's potential and allows for manipulation and superhuman abilities. It's similar to a stand seeing how the Pillar Men have their own modes, but it's not like it can let them stop time or something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.