[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass: The Search for More Money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 66

File: Death_of_Lelouch.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_Lelouch.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
This entire scene - and by extension the entire ending - now has no meaning

Lelouch saved nothing. Lelouch stopped nothing. He even failed at fucking killing himself.

Celebrate all you want /a/

You are not getting Code Geass R3

You are getting Code Geass Super

You are getting a zombie of a series

You are getting a continuation that never needed to happen
>>
>>150265549
Lelouch didnt die in the original ending faggot
>>
>>150265549
Sadly this is how I feel about it after the initial euphoria disappeared.
>>
Well duh, any actual fans are mad about this.

It had a perfectly fine ending and didn't need a sequel.

The only people spamming threads are newfag shitposters that only know about CG from "le epic meme screenshots" and are trying and failing to recreate that feeling.

It's probably going to be pretty shit and will do nothing but retroactively ruin your appreciation of the series as a whole.

>>150265596
Same.
>>
The ending was the only good thing about R2 and it's about to be negated. Congratulations faggots.
>>
>>150265549
Did you really think that someone with Lelouch's luck was going to be able to pull off a plan at that scale and have peace stick forever? That nobody, nowhere would take advantage of the power vacuum?
>>
>>150265795
Thinking too hard about anything involving Code Geass is bad news.

It was a satisfying end and it felt good, all that matters.
>>
>>150265549
Code Geass is already a trainwreck; what's wrong with a Super?
>>
>>150265684
Fuck Boooooiiiiiii
>>
>>150265549
>implying he died in R2
>>
>>150265930
This. Think of all the fun we've already had with the Zamasu arc.
>>
>>150265549
le ebin opinions so original so unique
>>
>implying I don't want more of code trainwreck
>>
>>150265549

I like Dragon Ball Super, fuck you
>>
File: yamato2_33_copy.jpg (642KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yamato2_33_copy.jpg
642KB, 1127x1600px
Code Geass: The Geass Awakens
>>
>implying ragon ball super is bad
>implying it's not a masterpiece that surpasses Z in every regard
>>
>>150265549
I don't see you complaining about Dragon Ball you hypocrite
>>
>Best anime ending is ruined
I will just ignore all R3 shit and never watch it.
>>
>>150265549

>I watched Code Geass for the story and I'm upset that the story will get disturbed

Is this the part where I point and laugh, or is it the part where you go "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>150265549
Shut up autistic manchild
>>
Someone refresh my mind: so how the fuck was Lelouche able to steal the emperor's geass?
>>
All I care about is shitposting
>>
>>150265549
There are tons of people having mixed feeling. CG have one of the best ending in anime.
Fans are happy to see lelouch again, at the same time a new season is extremely likely to worsen the whole series.
>>
>>150266152
He didn't steal the emperor's geass
>>
>>150266152

He had a full powered geass and killed the bearer of a code.
>>
>>150266027

Best ending.
>>
>>150265821
>Thinking too hard = I loved the ending and I will accept nothing else!
Let's not lie to ourselves anon.
>>
I know exactly what you mean OP. I think I'm going to just go on believing the series ended with R2. And take everything after that with a grain of salt and just enjoy the ride.

Even if it turns out Lelouche is alive and goes on some shenanigans again, it will never really happen, for me at least.
>>
>>150265549
Actually, even if people were not wishing for more Geass Sunrise would still make a sequel, why? Because money, so you should be angry at Sunrise not the people.
>>
>>150266199
wrong
>>
>>150266132
>>150266110
>>150266025
You're missing the mark.

I'm not calling Code Geass a masterpiece, or hell, even a good story. But it was an original story where nobody knew what was going to happen next

A continuation devalues that. We know what's gonna happen. Lelouch will pull off keikakus which hurt him and those around him. Suzaku and Kallen will get their mech moments. Tamaki acts like a retard.

But this isn't those characters. This is the "AS SEEN ON TV" version of these characters.

You will be able to hear the studio audience applause when Lelouch puts the Zero Mask back on. Perhaps we'll get a special TRIPLE geass - three times as strong as the regular geass!

It's a farce.
>>
>>150265549
I for one thought he was alive the entire time, so it ruins absolutely nothing for me.
>>
>>150265549
not canon LOL
>>
>>150265821
>It all felt good
I'm sure that was what was driving Roman policies when they thought their Empire was greater than human nature and we all know the disaster that followed. Do you really think that Nunnaly and Suzaku would be effective in running the world? So long as there are differences between peoples their biological reactions will give way to conflict.
R3 will hopefully be where Lelouch decides to grow up and take responsibility for the chaos he created. I personally want to see a character development of Lelouch turning into a more involved version of his father. If Nunally is alive in it I honestly don't see her surviving.
>>
Imagine if a beloved series like Mobile Suit Gundam got a sequel years later where nothing had changed and everything was fucked, requiring the hero and his friends to-

Oh wait.
>>
File: clovis.png (195KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
clovis.png
195KB, 640x360px
Can we bring back Clovis from the dead? There's really no reason not to
>>
>>150266365
But anon, Zeta Gundam is good.
>>
File: smug.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
>>150265549
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
THIS IS HOW DELUSIONAL "LELOUCH IS DEAD" FAGS RESPOND TO BEING UTTERLY DESTROYED OFFICIALLY BY THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
ASSHURT MUST BE UNREAL, YOU PIECES OF SHIT DENIALISTS WHO'VE INTOXICATED /A/ FOR YEARS.
HOPE YOU AND THE HOMUHATER FAGS CAN ALL FUCK OFF AND DIE ALONE IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE.
>>
File: jesusy.jpg (17KB, 287x161px) Image search: [Google]
jesusy.jpg
17KB, 287x161px
>>150266365
>>
>>150266182
same here.
The threads will probably be more entertaining than the actual show
>>
>>150266393
Zeta stars Kamille. This stars Lulu.

A better Gundam comparison is Seed Destiny
>>
>>150265549

> Code Geass Super

are we getting a Blue Geass and some rectons here & there?
>>
>>150266258
This, I'm actually surprised at it took THIS LONG for it to get a 3rd season, we all knew they would milk it
>>
File: 1444858140854.png (279KB, 799x523px) Image search: [Google]
1444858140854.png
279KB, 799x523px
Whether you think it should have ended there or not reminder that he never died.
>>
>>150265549
More like he succeeded without even having to sacrifice himself. If something it should be considered an even bigger achievement.
>>
File: Shirley_Final.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shirley_Final.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>Promise to meet Lulu in the afterlife
>He becomes immortal
>>
>>150266498

* retcons
>>
>>150266383
Maybe if he ends up winning a few more character polls they'll get the message.
>>
>>150266498
>blue geass
Already happend
>>
>>150266505
Nice headcanon.
>>
>>150265549
On one hand I really loved the ending to R2 and think it should've bee respected, if not left ambiguous.

On the other, Code Geass was always a fucking mess and the ending was one of the few great things about it. "A fucking mess" = "Code Geass", so basically so long as it has the same people on it S3 will probably be delightfully stupid.
>>
What do we do if he unambiguously dies in R3?
>>
>>150266577
But even that nebulous "This is fucking stupid" quality is lost with an R3

There's absolutely no illusion of anything mattering

>>150266610
See that's the thing, if he DOES unambigiously die there was NO POINT!

The death is cheapened!

And even the ambiguity itself was a precious quality that was lost.
>>
>>150266664
>But even that nebulous "This is fucking stupid" quality is lost with an R3
>
>There's absolutely no illusion of anything mattering
Hey, I'm not excited about it for sure, just saying.

People cheering for this are probably fucking stupid.
>>
>>150266273
ah yes if only someone could have predict

"Lelouch act like a supervillain throughout the series then commits a flashy heroic sacrifice near the end to dissolve any lingering moral ambiguity and reveal the giant wank that a series about a superpowered secret genius prince inevitably has to be"

as soon as he gave edgy speech before shooting Clovis

such would have truly been clairvoyance
>>
Britania obviously colapsed after Rerushu left, meaning that the closure was of his character and Karren monologue was about hoping for a better future. That said, the future was always obviously shit. So a continuation ruins nothing.

I've been calling for a sequel since R2 ended. Lulu is dead fags btfo
And if you think this is for the money and therefore bad, R2 was already for the money and therefore bad.
>>
File: jibun woooooooo.jpg (413KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jibun woooooooo.jpg
413KB, 1920x1200px
>>150266523
ha ha bitch.
Always hated shirley, she was annoying.
>>
>>150265549
anyone who actually liked this clusterfuck after seeing that Lelouch's genius strategy involved literally cackling and opening a secret trap door underneath his enemies like Snidely Whiplash deserves to see it run into the ground
>>
File: MuppetsFeat1.jpg (79KB, 615x332px) Image search: [Google]
MuppetsFeat1.jpg
79KB, 615x332px
We're doing a sequel
We're back a popular demand
C'mon on everybody, strike up the band
We're doing a sequel
That's what we do in Hollywood
And everybody knows
The sequel's never quite as good!
>>
>>150266834
>R2 was already for the money and therefore bad.
Yes we all know that. Somehow it lucked out having a decent ending.

That won't happen again.
>>
>>150266839
as for the people who are going to actually like it being them is punishment enough
>>
File: AHO AHO AHO.gif (400KB, 408x229px) Image search: [Google]
AHO AHO AHO.gif
400KB, 408x229px
>/a/ is happy because they think it's going to be like 10 years ago
This is literally a midlife crisis in action

Fucking member berries
>>
If it's good it's good. If not head canon always exists.

Get over it fags, it's happening.
>>
>>150267315
>Head Canon always exists
That's not how this works.
>>
>>150265549
Lelouch is immortal he can't die
And sooner or later Nunnally and Suzaku will die, what then?
Oh yeah, R3 happens
>>
>>150265549

You're victim of your own fucking delusion fucktard. Lelouch was NEVER dead and we had multiple threads since the end of the series discussing it. Only your retarded kind "Muh Lelouch MUST be dead" believed otherwise, despite the hard evidence indicating he was alive.

So fuck you, S3 is going to be amazing.
>>
>>150265549
>Lelouch wanted to died, tried to die, but they wouldn't let him
This makes it even deeper, you are btfo
>>
File: amelia.jpg (82KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
amelia.jpg
82KB, 480x360px
>>150267499
>>150267444
>>150267469
There's a difference between "Lelouch is still alive and taking it easy with C.C. in the country as a cart driver", and "LELOUCH HAS RETURNED FOR MORE WACKY KEIKAKUS BUT THIS TIME HE'S IMMORTAL"
>>
>>150267469
Every bit of actual hard evidence pointed to Lelouch being dead at the end of R2. In fact it's possible he's STILL dead at the end of R2 and gets revived later on.
>>
>>150267608
>Every bit of actual hard
Why does Nunnaly get a supernatural Code user flashback?
Why does CC talk to Lulu in the last scene when it's established it's only Marriane's geass that allowed her to talk to her?
>>
>>150265684
>actual fans
Kill yourself
>>
>>150267561
You're right, immortal Lelouch doing more crazy stuff is several times more awesome
>>
File: 547623465375436.gif (3MB, 380x283px) Image search: [Google]
547623465375436.gif
3MB, 380x283px
You people do realize the ending was left ambiguous on purpose right?
To argue one way or another is a circle of stupidity
>>
>>150265549
>You are getting Code Geass Super
R2 was already that.
>>
>>150267834
It's not gonna be, though. It's a Hollywood Reboot. Prepare for cringeworthy callbacks and half assed attempts to match the original series

>>150267933
R2 was a bad anime with a good ending. This will be a terrible anime with a terrible ending
>>
>We don't get Code Geass R3/Super

>We get Code Geass R2: Director's Cut

Yfw
>>
File: Code geass r3.jpg (747KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Code geass r3.jpg
747KB, 960x1440px
>>150265549
As a much better anime once said:
>>
this is the first time in my life when I'm certain that a cash-in sequel is the best possible thing for a finished story

the ending was by far the worst part of CG, it completely destroyed everything that had been established about Lelouch by inventing some watchmen-tier 'give everyone something to hate' virtue signalling by Lelouch the faggot

a real hero survives, sits on the throne, and restores the world to glory, and now maybe Lelouch will do his job properly
>>
>>150268150
>this is the first time in my life when I'm certain that a cash-in sequel is the best possible thing for a finished story

It never is.

>a real hero survives, sits on the throne, and restores the world to glory, and now maybe Lelouch will do his job properly

Have you fucking read Beowulf
>>
>>150268341
no but I've read the New Testament
>>
>>150268382
Everyone agrees the Resurrection is the weakest part of the story
>>
>>150267958
>baw baw, it's shit!
God dammit, at least wait for the first episode, or just until we know the staff working on it, before crying around how your 'amazing' anime is ruined.
>>
File: wakarimasen xD.png (860KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen xD.png
860KB, 891x1300px
I cannot be more smug at immortality deniers being BTFO.
>>
>>150268472
How bout no, faggot? Reboots are a literal fucking cancer, and I'm confident that this will be no different.

Two weeks ago the fans of Dragon Ball Super acted with outrage when the plot was solved by Goku pressing a literal button. But it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Dragon Ball has its time. A continuation of any sort was begging for trouble.

Same with this.
>>
>>150265549

Dude, you need to relax. It's been 10 years. If you can't stomach the idea of a third season with the same protagonist that somehow managed to survive, then don't bother watching it. For you it ended at Zero Requiem, for everyone else the trainwreck continues. Simple as that.

Besides, Lelouch brought peace to many places of the world with his sacrifice and breaking the chain of hatred, but who's to say that it's a lasting peace? Who's to say that it's worldwide? Perhaps he was simply overly idealistic and naive to believe that humanity could change course and avoid war. The ending shows us only a glimpse of the immediate future after his "death", not what happens after x years / decades.

I have hope that the next season is going to be great and that I'm going to love it as much as I love the first two. But if it turns out to be a disappointment, then okay, it's a shame and all that, but I don't really care that much. I'll take my own advice and disregard S3 altogether if that scenario comes to pass. Otherwise, I really want to see Lelouch's smug face again, the others' reactions to his return, the reason behind it all, and so on...
>>
File: 1476014283581.jpg (13KB, 280x278px) Image search: [Google]
1476014283581.jpg
13KB, 280x278px
>>150268567
It's not a reboot, it's a sequel.
>>
>R3 starts
>It's a new character with a geass that allows him to see ghosts
>Lelouch is the ghost he receives his orders from
The bait&switch would make some people implode.
>>
Why do you people even care? Code Geass was always shit, it just was memeful.
>>
>>150265930
Super was pretty good until the end of the current arc. More Code Geass could be pretty good.
>>
>>150266273
Now you're just being petty.

We don't really know that, because the premise of the new Code Geass could be different enough to make that extrapolation irrelevant.

Unlike you though, I'd say the story did have enough good to it. But there were problems with R2 and a new production made under different conditions could compensate or overcome them.

Nothing is stopping you from just sticking with the end of R2 and not watching this if you're really that afraid.
>>
I always felt like Lelouch suddenly becoming a matyr was so fucking out of character I couldn't believe it. This is a guy who is incredibly selfish and barely cares about anyone outside of his sister and originally started the whole war purely for revenge. That ending just felt contrived as fuck like the writers didn't want the MC to go out looking like a bad guy.
>>
>>150266577
Code Geass has always been crazy, but there was a method to the madness. It was a mess that knew how to present itself and how to end.

Now, that ending might be altered through various ways, but you can still keep the R2 ending and not watching anything else, if that's what you want.
>>
>>150268980
Thank you, finally someone gets it. This is why him being immortal makes sense, he can do the whole matyr thing and still be a selfish cunt. No to mention that CC's whole arc amounts to nothing if LL does not stay with her.

Also can we at least wait for it to be out before calling it shit? It will probably be shit but for now can I just be happy and cautiously optimistic?
>>
>>150266664
>>150266690
I think you're really the narrow-minded as fuck ones here by refusing to even contemplate any other possibilities.

There have always been Codes of immortality in the world of Code Geass and the show has never made it impossible for Lelouch to gain one and survive, even against his will.

Evidently, adding another chapter to the story might annoy those who felt it had ended. But the new chapter could be better, or at least different enough, to justify its existence. Don't be so quick to assume the worst with a closed mindset.
>>
>>150268806
>new character with a geass that allows him to see ghosts
Can't Akito see ghosts?
>>
>>150269089
>Also can we at least wait for it to be out before calling it shit?
Why? It's gonna be shit. It's a glorified merch advertisement.
>>
>>150265549

Code geas: ROSE

> Implying they are gonna show who Zero is this time around

jajajaja They are gonna go full troll. I can guarantee it.
>>
>>150266907
All shows are made for money. That wasn't unusual nor uncommon with R2 or anything else.

If anything, I'd say the fact they had a good ending before doesn't mean they won't be able to have a good one again. They could also have a better run even if the ending isn't as great.
>>
>>150267958
>R2 was a bad anime with a good ending. This will be a terrible anime with a terrible ending

Based on absolutely nothing beyond your pessimism.
>>
>>150269096
>I think you're really the narrow-minded as fuck ones here by refusing to even contemplate any other possibilities.

I've heard this line with Dragonball Super, with the new Yu-Gi-Oh Movie, with Star Wars Episode 7, with fucking Slayers

Rebooting old franchises doesn't work unless you go in a radically different direction.

The best you get is a tepid mess. The "improvements" tend to be meaningless, like "WHAT IF WE HAD A PLANET SIZED DEATH STAR"
>>
>>150268109
Why the hell should that be impossible in anime? This is not real life and having a show be more or less realistic doesn't make it better. It's just different.

And yet the number of people who care about this, Jojo or Dragon Ball, other shows with similar devices is high enough to make that logic irrelevant too.
>>
>>150269133
Because that's childish logic on your part. All anime is made with merch in mind. All of it.
>>
>>150269141
>jajajaja
Hello Pedro
>>
>>150269323
Great post.
>>
>>150269214
Dragonball Super had both hits and misses. It's not uniformly bad nor uniformly perfect.

Star Wars episode 7 was good enough, at least outside of meta/political reasons.

The new Death Star itself didn't matter, either way, but they have set up some good starting points for the new cast. The point also was that the villain was cheaply trying to copy Darth Vader and he is already paying a price for that.

Again, it's impossible to determine what is the direction here, so right now you're just speculating. The other Star Wars films could be better or worse, but we don't know.
>>
>>150269133
All anime are made to get people to buy things. Mecha series especially.
>>
>>150265549
'LELOUCH DIED'-FAGS BTFO
>>
>>150269214
I was showing my buddy LOGH the other day and he took one look at Iserlohn and was like "it's amazing how JJ took one look at this and decided to rip it off for his shitty movie"
>>
>a new menace appears
>Bad guy is a Geass user
>The only way to beat him is to bring Lelouch back from the "ghost world"
>They retrieve his body so he could host it again.

>SURPRISE! Somebody ambushes Lelouch spirit and steals his body (just like Bob in the Twin Peaks ending), but nobody notices it.

>It's CHARLES
>SEASON 3, ENDS

Rate my plot /a/
>>
ITT:Ass hurt deniers BTFO
Cry harder, I need to collect more tears you filthy shitposters.
>>
>>150265549
Lelouch didn't die to make an eternal peace- he died to lay the foundations for a better future, and free up the bonds of the past.
It's the idealism of a revolution in a state and not necessarily the actualization of a new state forming from that revolution, you twit.
>>
>>150269409
You too >>150269052
>>
Senpaitachi, I have to know
Did Sunrise intentionally slap the plot together in five minutes, or did someone actually intend to write a compelling story and fail miserably?
>>
>>150269665
They had fun with it and apparently made lots of in jokes about characters and did some stuff because they thought it was cool/funny.
>>
>>150269665
>>150269771
Do we have an answer why Table-kun happened?
>>
>>150269812
Hiroyuki Yoshino wrote that episode. That is the answer.
>>
>>150265549
>>150265684
>>150265735
>>150266234
>>150266258
>>150266664
agree with all of these

>>150265795
The geass ending was good because it concluded the themes and lelouch's character development superbly and a sequel is going to ruin those things. Why are you nitpicking geass's logistics and complaining about its geopolitics now when season 1 was pretty lacking in them a good amount of the time and R2 was practically void of them? If geass is consistent in this aspect, so should your criticisms of it. It makes absolutely no fucking sense to care about the logistics regarding the ending yet nothing else from the show.
>>
Your favorite character is named "The shady red lamp".
>>
>>150269771
Good for them. The whole things reads like a gag dub to me, and that's tricky to pull off intentionally.
>>
>>150269904
nowhere else*
>>
>>150265549
Code Geass was never good, it was only fun as we watched the trainwreck unfold each week while shitposting about it. When did this stop being the consensus around here? Has /a/ really become so full of underage normalfags since 2008? I blame isekai trash.
>>
>>150265549
>You are getting Code Geass Super
NO !
FUCK YOU !
>>
>>150265684
Here come the shitposters.
>>
>>150269904
Honestly R3 could be cool if it's about trying to manage and maintain the lie that word peace is founded upon. I know it ended fine but R3 is happening and we might as well be optimistic.
>>
>>150265549
I was gone for a while. What happened?
>>
Who cares, R2 was already trash. Don't act like Code Geass was some masterpiece, the second season was total trash. There's no way R3 will be worse than R2.
>>
>>150265549
>>150265684
>They honestly think that Lelouch plan had a long term sustainability
The fact that they shit goes down after 7 years means that the secret police can't keep up anymore.
>>
>>150269904
All I'm seeing is a lot of butthurt that the people who said Lelouch could've plausibly survived were right.
>>
>>150265549
What was important is that the focus of the hatred appeared to have died. As long as he stayed hidden, his fake death was still meaningful.
>>
>>150271220
We considered it a "trainwreck" in terms of the craziness, not in the sense that it was a bad show. People definitely thought it was good.
>>
>>150271787
It will probably be better if it's a movie and thus doesn't need to appeal to the public eery week.
>>
>>150266520
yeah, he gets to feel good about himself, let everyone else do the work, and fuck off to a farm where he has endless sex with pizza butt for eternity
>>
>>150265549
>This entire scene - and by extension the entire ending - now has no meaning
>Lelouch saved nothing. Lelouch stopped nothing. He even failed at fucking killing himself.
"I understood nothing about CG's ending": the Post
>>
>>150265549
This sounds like fat greek snob's whining. Fuck that conrarian piece of shit.
>>
I never bothered to watch this, what am I in for?
>>
File: thatanimesnob.png (234KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
thatanimesnob.png
234KB, 600x447px
Just how butthurt is this piece of shit?
>>
>>150273234
Who?
>>
>>150273251
Some fat greek contrarian shitter
>>
>>150266400
This. Also checked.
>>
>>150266400
Lelouch was still dead at the end of R2 until something happens that shows otherwise.
>>
>>150266400
You're the reason why anime is shit. Proud?
>>
>>150265549
I don't really mind that bad, but I think that for series it would be better if we had something like "restart" for the whole story. Reset everything to the starting point and let the events to unfold in different way, give some new character to original story or put the old ones in other places etc.
>>
But isn't asspulling a whole season out of a perfectly good ending just to have another wild ride the most Code Geass thing possible?
>>
who cares, I only watch Geass for the KMF
>>
Feel sorry for all the people who genuinely believe he was dead. So now your theory has been crushed you all resort to shitting up the CG threads and trying to say R3 is shit when you've not even seen anything of it yet.
>>
File: kek.gif (779KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
779KB, 500x500px
>>150265549
>m-muh ruined ending
He never even died idiot.
>>
The only people who are upset about this think Code Geass is legitimately good, not in a trainwreck way

Well strap in because R3 is going to be the R2 of R2
>>
>>150273906
Then why is it called resurrection?
>>
>>150274621
To symbolise him coming back into play after being "dead" Everyone thinks he's dead right now
>>
>>150265549
You can't kill code geass. lelouch is the code geass.
>>
>>150269428
>Star Wars episode 7

The new Star Wars is awful for the same reason the new CG will be awful. The story is complete, there is nothing left to tell. To add to the story devalues the original.

Luke didn't really save the day and defeat the sith because guess what their are more.

Lulu didn't really save the world by defeating his immortal emperor father. guess what their is more and lulu is also immortal

Its fucking stupid. his "death" was tragic, that is what made the series work. Otherwise he a vengeful immortal like his dad, he gets no catharsis
>>
>>150265549

Well Sunrise has to take advantage of the whole Donald Trump shit right?
>>
He will get resurrected like ancient mythical kings, huh?
>>
File: 3rdimpact.jpg (308KB, 875x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3rdimpact.jpg
308KB, 875x1600px
>>150274654
>To symbolise him coming back into play after being "dead" Everyone thinks he's dead right now

You do know what is supposed to happen when the last guy who died for peoples sins comes back?
>>
>>150268109
It's okay if LOGH becomes a third-rate TV series as long as Yang and Kircheis come back to life.
>>
>>150273906
Jesus christ lelouch you asspulled your own ending, fuck you. I love it, but fuck you.
>>
You think this is going to ruin the moral and meaning of the original show like Madoka Rebellion?
>>
>>150273906

At least it was left very vague if he died or not, not fucking blatant enough to ruin the show's moral.
>>
>>150265549
by the time lelouch got stabbed at the end he already had the code written into him so he couldnt die. kinda liek charles couldnt die either. he was the cart driver at the end of the series.
>>
I haven't seen the lelouch tripfag. Did he die?
>>
>>150265549
>Lelouch saved nothing. Lelouch stopped nothing. He even failed at fucking killing himself.
That was what I said when it first aired. taking responsibility would have been to rule well and for a long time.
>>
>>150275605
he's probably trolling other threads with his dubious taste in waifus instead, just give him a while until he gets here
>>
>>150275690
Well he is a bong so.
>>
So CC and Lelouch banged during the 10 year time jump right?
>>
>>150275656
>taking responsibility would have been to rule well and for a long time.

but that was not his story, it makes no sense. lulu journey was him seeking revenge and in the processing bringing peace to the world.

his death is the point at which this happens and he is transformed. he is no longer a person looking for revenge. his death not only saves the world but it saves him from becoming his father. the tyrant who never dies.

what happens to the world after is not important, and if you want to tell that story it should not involve lelouch
>>
>>150275869
not really, he had multiple revelation about the costs of his revenge and rule. He is not in danger of becoming his father but he is in danger of leaving world to chaos. dying is easy and not a real atonement for anything
>>
>>150276090
>Lulu notices world starts going to shit 5 years into Empress Nunnally's reign (because assholes are everywhere), has to pull another gambit and C.C. continues trolling him for being such an imoutocon, Kallen finds out Lulu's still alive and goes hunt him down so she can personally crome his L.L.
>more Spinzakus happen
>Orange still gets to take care of his orange fields with Anya

there's the plot of R3
>>
>nightmare frames are now fucking indestructible, fly, have shields, spikes, guns out the ass

So the fuck is gonna be with the robots this time?
>>
>>150276090
> dying is easy and not a real atonement for anything

In real life, no. It happens all the time in art. Death as transformation, redemption, etc are pretty common themes.

If his whole plan didn't hedge on him being dead, I would agree with you. When the writers set up the death of his character as a major plot point, their intent is clear.

>He is not in danger of becoming his father

Any immortal person surround by mayfly people would become exactly that, they start to view people as beneath him.
>>
>>150276329
We're going into space.
>>
File: IMG_3914.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3914.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
yfw when non believers were BTFO by our Immortal Emperor
>>
File: charles.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
charles.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>150276470
You remember what happens to the last immortal emperor?
>>
>>150276338
>In real life, no.
Im talking relatively to sticking around and working to fix what you fucked up. oftentimes big gesture is easier
>If his whole plan didn't hedge on him being dead
except his plan was idiotic. its a temporary reset on the world and "hope" that this time they will get it right. partial mind control to goodness would have been a better fix.
>Any immortal person surround by mayfly people would become exactly that, they start to view people as beneath him.
That is just your opinion. None of us are immortal(and no one has ever been) so there is no real way of knowing.
>>
>>150265930
This. Code geass only redeeming quality was how nonsensical the characters were acting, and how dumb the plot was. It's the turkish star wars of anime.
>>
Why did people even think Lelouch was dead again?

Since he killed his father, shouldn't he have gotten his code and thus immortality?
>>
>>150276582
>Im talking relatively to sticking around and working to fix what you fucked up

Death is just a literary device, they don't have time to spend 5 seasons to show how he fixes the world

>except his plan was idiotic. its a temporary reset on the world and "hope" that this time they will get it right. partial mind control to goodness would have been a better fix.

It does not matter if the plan was stupid, it works within the context of the story.

>That is just your opinion.

They show it in the story. Both Charles and CC care very little for people and use them to their own ends. We have no reason to assume he would end up different.

As the audience you should want to see Lelouch dead, otherwise he will suffer just like every other immortal in the series
>>
You've got her for one more season.
Use your time effectively.
>>
>>150276456
HIS PLAN TO CAST GEASS ON THE MOON TO CONTROL ALL HUMAN LIFE.
>>
>>150266400
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
>>
>>150265549
>>150265596
>>150265735
>>150266312
HA HA FUCK OFF "LELOUCH IS DEAD" FAGGOTS

How does it feel to be wrong?

How does it feel?

After all this time, you were wrong and we were right.
>>
>>150276783
>Death is just a literary device, they don't have time to spend 5 seasons to show how he fixes the world
so? its not like all works end on death of the main character. the voice over of "and he used X method to set out on the path of redemption" would take no more time than what we got. also horrible example but Valvrave did not end with everyone dying.
>it works within the context of the story.
no it was sappy and disappointing. lulu set out because he wanted results but ultimately lost the spirit and gambled on a hope. basically unlike Reinhard who made to his goal and only made provisions just in case/because he could no longer physically go on, lulu bailed. Despite all he observed he felt that a one time purge would be the clean slate the world needed and everything would go well under his sister
>Both Charles and CC
both are from different time period and different people even from each other. also no one says he would have to do it forever.
>As the audience you should want to see Lelouch dead, otherwise he will suffer just like every other immortal in the series
as audience I watched him stubble around, having few high moments but never really earning my sympathy. as the audience I want this clusterfuck to mean something more than the world being given another chance to get it right
>>
File: here we go again boner.png (9KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
here we go again boner.png
9KB, 298x279px
>>150276840
>>
>>150276329
Turn them into lost technology or make the energy source limited
>>
>>150269546
Lelouch didn't die so your plot is impossible, but I do like the idea. Strong concept. 7/10
>>
So is it confirmed he was the cart driver at the end!?

Also I'm excited to experience code geass mania since I didn't know about 4chan back in 2008.
You guys better put on a better show than /pol did with the US election
>>
>>150274621
Because Lelouch's whole characterization is about being overly dramatic. Of course he would try to make his return be a stunning "resurrection"
>>
>>150265549

C.C. has literally stated numerous times that immortality is a fate worse than death. In a show of immortality, death is NOT meaningful as it is to us.
>>
>>150277176
> its not like all works end on death of the main character.
No but it is a huge part of tragedy, which more often then not end on the death of the protagonist. keeping him alive doing political shit removes the tragic elements of the story.
>no it was sappy and disappointing.
and, that does not stop it from sufficiently closing the story of his life.
> Despite all he observed he felt that a one time purge would be the clean slate the world needed and everything would go well under his sister
It does not matter what really happens to the world after, his story was revenge and bringing about peace. That is what he did
>both are from different time period and different people even from each other.
and they both viewed people as beneath them, they both used people as chess pieces in their grand game, they are both equally monsters.
> I want this clusterfuck to mean something more than the world being given another chance to get it right
Letting the world sort itself out is a much greater gift then becoming an immortal emperor who has all the best ideas.

That, again, would turn him into his father, a fate worse then death.
>>
File: Suzaku_Kururugi.png (401KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Suzaku_Kururugi.png
401KB, 704x396px
"Congratulations, you got yourself revived! Now what's the next step of your master keikaku?"
>>
Why are people talking grimly about how new Geass will affect the canon. This is the show where a guy spin-kicked a machine gun to death
>>
>>150269546
meh. I read few books with a plot like that, it depends on execution. main juice comes from the fake bullying the characters you like and you being scared about how far he will go and when will other catch on/what can they do about it. here is my crappy plot for S3
>action starts in the future utopia were everyone is half geassed so when an old lady falls down people are naturally moved to help her
>there is no crime because people can't do crimes thus criminals are often just put back into general pop
>There is an underground rebellion fighting for muh freedom
>they use geass canceler to free people but it often backfires because it will end up freeing some serial killer or people just don't want it
>timeline is collapsing because something happened to whatever lead them to this point
>MC who leads the empire/works for it uses code/or some teach to go back in time
>while that is happening the rebellion is storming the castle and whole timeline is collapsing
>MC goes back in time with limited resources and few friends while rebellion follows
>MC's sister is a pilot for the rebellion and they have few other upper level people, that is how they made it so far
>goal is to save lulu.
>they do it but have no idea what to do next
>SEASON 3, ENDS
>>
File: IMG_3539.gif (999KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3539.gif
999KB, 500x281px
>>150277602
Crashing 2017!
>>
>>150277589
>Letting the world sort itself out is a much greater gift
to do that is to set yourself aside from the world. basically to think that you are greater than all who struggle.the world "sort itself out" often comes with a lot of bloodshed and I assumed that was one of the things he wanted to stop, so that what happened to him would not happen to others or people like suzaku would not be put into same situations.
>>
>>150277652
except only CC and Lulu are the only ones that can go about geassing people
and once ZR happened they stopped giving a rats ass about everyone else

nice try tho
>>
>>150277207
>or make the energy source limited

Lelouch literally blew up the biggest source of sakuradite in R2 final big battle.
>>
>>150277930
>nice try tho
thanks
>>
>>150277806
>to do that is to set yourself aside from the world. basically to think that you are greater than all who struggle
In many ways he was superior, but that is not the point.

The choices are basically death, or immortal lelouch. The world would never be perfect so an immortal lelouch would have to keep trying to fix things.

It would be a horrible fate both for him and the world, everyone would suffer just like with Charles. There is no reason to think he would end up some benevolent permanent ruler.

CC says that her condition is a fate worse then death. Immortals have no place in the world of the living. They bring doom to everyone they are around.

I am not saying the story is realistic, its not, just that everything works. His "death" closes the story of lulu, its a classic tragic ending.
>>
>>150278172
>The choices are basically death, or immortal lelouch.
why not little bit of immortal rule mixed with a gradual pullback. maybe with basic focus on technology and access to resources like water for all. World will never be perfect but he could have reduced the number of things that cause conflict.
>CC
she said lots of stuff do to her melancholy.
>His "death" closes the story of lulu, its a classic tragic ending.
maybe in his head but not in my eyes. I guess it one of those things we will have to disagree about (like how people used to disagree on if he died or not)
>>
>>150265549
I hope it won't be as shit as akito the exiled
>>
>>150278172
>code geass r3 is about lelouch making geass users so he can die
>the peace of morioh is threatened by the appearance of these new geass users
>jotaro comes to morioh to investigate
>we jojo now
>>
>>150277149
Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right.
>>
>>150278395
going full jojo may make people take it less seriously. all the twists and silly stuff has not made people stop looking at it as if it was ultra deep war story
>>
File: besttit.png (358KB, 660x990px) Image search: [Google]
besttit.png
358KB, 660x990px
>>150278343
>I guess it one of those things we will have to disagree about

Pretty much, we are approaching the story from two different perspectives

oh well, posting best tits
>>
File: shiiit.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
shiiit.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>150265549
desu, I always liked the fan-theory that he inherited his father's code more than the idea that he died.

Remember the first season where Suzaku wanted to die, but an outside force (Lelouch) stopped that? Well, at the end of R2 Lelouch ironically enough seemed to WANT to die, I like the irony an outside influence (the code) stopping this.

All that being said, I don't think having a season 3 was a good idea. I'd have rather had him appear as a minor character in a geass series set very far in the future. Oh well...
>>
>>150277652

My plot is better, just imagine it:

>LELOUCH YOU'RE BACK!

>Yeah, thanks guys

>* Camera zooms to mirror reflection

>CHARLES/MAO/VV APPEARS INSTEAD OF LELOUCH

>LEOUCH IS STILL TRAPPED!
>>
>>150265549
the start of r3
>this pic
>zoom
>freeze frame
>yeah, I guess you're wondering how I got into this situation
>>
File: 1455540034142.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455540034142.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
He was dead.

This is an asspull, a retcon. Be gleeful all you want faggots, Geass is worse because of this.
>>
I couldn't believe Lelouch would let himself die, he was a selfish asshole, sacrificing himself felt out of character for him.
>>
>>150279503
t. Butthurt deadfag
>>
File: 402.jpg (21KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
402.jpg
21KB, 600x450px
>>150279683
>>
>>150279638
>does everything he does for Nunnally
>selfish
sounds like you didn't understand the character at all anon
>>
File: 1466742828064.png (35KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1466742828064.png
35KB, 140x140px
>S3 starts
>Ohgi impregnates Karen, Kaguya and Villetta
>>
>>150265549
They should just make it a SoL of Lelouch and CC doing farm things. It's fine if he's not dead as long as the world thinks he is.
>>
File: cobra.jpg (11KB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
cobra.jpg
11KB, 299x224px
Would Lelouch become anime Cobra Commander again?
>>
>>150276629
This is what Geass heretics believe. Not the truth.
>>
>>150279968
>Kaguya
DELET THIS
>>
Him dying doesn't make the ending "meaning less" like people are saying just because an ending doesn't have maximum suffering doesn't make it bad. He still cant see his sister anymore and probably has to hide out in the country side to not get recognized. Just because he didn't die doesn't mean sacrifices weren't made.
>>
File: CC.png (402KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
402KB, 600x749px
>10 years of retards telling me he was dead
>10 years of me being right about him being the cart driver

I'm quite literally cumming right now
>>
>>150282118
>10 years of me being right about him being the cart driver
But he's not.
>>
File: 1478682466390.gif (1MB, 242x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478682466390.gif
1MB, 242x270px
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who thinks the new code geass will be good
>>
>>150282292
R3 doesn't need to be good, just another shitstorm. Case in point see R2.
>>
>>150266523
Damn, that's some ultra NTRing right there.
>>
>>150267315
I'm hoping that we at least get more Lelouch of Britannia out of this.
>>
>>150282330
Well, R2 was moved to a more children friendly time slot. They have to tone down a lot.
>>
Ya'll stupid as fuck if you didnt think any number of powerful third parties wouldnt try to take advantage of the situation and attempt to rebel/conquer the World.

Lelouch probably made the sacrifice hoping they'd be strong enough without him to bring peace and face any challenges that came.He left his bro hoping that if they werent, he'd be capable of managing the parts they couldnt.

What if he was wrong?
>>
I don't even know what people are excited about. You're not getting R2's hype back, /a/ was a different board entirely when that was airing. It's not going to be fun, it's just going to be a whole lot of people trying to recreate something that's gone forever.
>>
>>150266434
You guys better not tempt fate: the SEED movie will be next
>>
When did CG become considered an untouchable masterpiece? The best part of R2 was laughing at the complete shitshow.
>>
>>150275605
He's been around, I've seen him.

Unfortunately.
>>
>>150282330
It's not even going to be that though. It's just going to be a pointless, uninspired sequel attempting to ride the coattails of a series that should've stayed dead.
>>
>>150282292
The old code geass wasn't even good and its aged like milk.
>>
I have more hope for CG3 than CCS2.

The Clear Card manga is terrible, and the anime will certainly not be as wonderful as CCS was.

CG3 either has to be good, or be batshit, and either will be alright
>>
File: 1476054210119.jpg (16KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
1476054210119.jpg
16KB, 324x271px
>>150282659
>>
>>150277516
Any time you establish a decent afterlife, you effectively lessen the impact of death.
>>
File: 876.jpg (61KB, 669x377px) Image search: [Google]
876.jpg
61KB, 669x377px
>>150277602
"Hey Suzaku, you know how Euphemia's dead, but I'm not, and never will be, right? How's that make you feel old buddy?"
>>
>>150282792
>Beats father
>Plans succeed
>Helps imouto
>Gets immortality
>Gets immortality with a beautiful immortal witch

Lelouche won at the end. I wonder if Suzaku can totally accept that
>>
>>150282586
But we can still dream /a/non
>>
>>150265549
Wait, people didn't expect this to happen?
Wasn't Code geass's little side stories a hint that sunrise was gonna do some shit?
Who cares about Lelouch not really being dead, I just wanna see more mecha and maybe some interesting side characters
>>
>>150281084
It's the truth. Code Geass was a bad train wreck.
>>
File: big_boss_whelp.gif (2MB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_whelp.gif
2MB, 287x216px
>mfw R3 will be the Metal Gear Survive of anime
>>
>>150266152
He took it from his father by fufilling the two requirements to do so
1)The geass user's geass must be fully developed, this was signified by the geass symbol in both of his eyes, so check
2)The geass user must kill the code bearer directly, i.e. with his own hands, Lelouch either ordered "God" or used the Sword of Akasha (I forget which it was), which, while not as direct per se as a knife or gun, still counts, so check
Then boom, you are now in possession of a code, now you just need to die in order to activate it.
It's at this point that all the anons bitching about how R2's ending and Lelouch's sacrifice now suddenly means nothing is lost on me. Do they not realize that Lelouch didn't plan to survive? Do they not realize that Lelouch couldn't have known about taking the code because he wouldn't think it would be possible, unless it was C.C.'s code, as well as the fact that it wouldn't activate until his death? Beause god knows best girl doesn't tell him shit about geass or codes, hence why Euphie's family friendly ethnic clensing happened. Hell, he's probably pissed at his survival
>>
>>150282659
Code Geass proves you wrong.
>>
>>150282292
It will be good in terms of what Code Geass should be and probably won't have R2's unique issues because they more time to make it. That's all.
>>
>>150265549
Code Geass was shit in the first place. Another season isn't going to make it any worse. Nobody who watches it (and who isn't a complete retard) takes it seriously.
>>
>>150283893
Probably not, because Code Geass 3 will be made by Hideo Kojima (ie: the known staff).
>>
>>150284022
That's contradictory because Code Geass doesn't take itself that seriously either, which is a virtue and not a problem.
>>
>>150284062
>Code Geass doesn't take itself that seriously either
But it did. It just wasn't very well written which at times made it look like it was just one big joke, but the show itself and plenty of people (retards) took it very seriously.
>>
File: fukkatsu no RURUSHU .png (355KB, 901x470px) Image search: [Google]
fukkatsu no RURUSHU .png
355KB, 901x470px
>>150274621
>>
>>150265549
>they make Code Geass 3
>it's yuri
>>
>>150284128
But it didn't. External evidence and in-universe materials all say the opposite. Code Geass has enough in-jokes and moments of bending the fourth wall to disprove your words, not to mention the way various scenes were framed. There's a difference between paying attention and taking it seriously too, given that a lot of the criticism has been based on knee-jerk reactions. I guess you assume that if the show was better written it wouldn't be as crazy and unrealistic, but that's missing the point by a mile
>>
>>150277516
>C.C. has literally stated numerous times that immortality is a fate worse than death
When? She only ever said her wish is death.
>>
>>150284808
Initially the show took itself very seriously. Look at the melodrama after Euphemia's death for example. The reactions, the music, ... - all that indicates that they were trying to make this an emotional moment. Despite the ridiculousness that led to her death. In season 2 they seemed to have abandoned a lot of that but that doesn't mean that the show still didn't take itself seriously. It was not a parody, it was not a joke. Each and every one of the characters was dead serious about everything - despite the ridiculousness around them. There is nothing to indicate that Code Geass is a comedy show. It was your typical mecha/action/drama, like Sunrise typically does. It was essentially Gundam SEED just with more melodrama.
>>
File: 1429786228747.png (14KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1429786228747.png
14KB, 160x160px
>>150284024
It'll be the MGSV of anime then.
Venom Lulu incoming.
>>
>>150285185
There are scenes which are more serious than not, but they are surrounded by scenes which weren't serious. They had Euphemia smile and kindly ask the Japanese people to die as well as have her reload in a happy manner. The fact you ignore that and jump straight to the death scene is pretty foolish. Besides, emotional moments are not a mark of absolute seriousness. Jojo is full of emotional moments where someone dies and people cry, but that doesn't mean the show is dead serious. You really need to have no memory of a lot of material in Code Geass in order to assume it's always serious. It is more tongue-in-cheek than you believe, and that's evident in Word of God statements that you cannot contradict. If you really think the creators thought that Emperor Wakamoto rocketing across the screen was serious, you're full of crap, because they have stated the opposite on the record. It isn't a comedy show, but it is more operatic and soap operatic than truly serious business. It's quite different from a lot of Sunrise mecha shows which have no such awareness. SEED was way less aware of itself.
>>
I wonder if those movie recaps will include certain moments from other manga like from OZ 02 which shows one of the Valkyrie girls survived from the Gurren's attack and was married later on to the pilot of the prototype knightmare frame for the Tristain.
>>
I honestly would not have a problem with an Ultimate Bad End of Lelouch becoming the same sort of tyrant his father was. That's where I thought the original anime was going to wind up anyway. Instead of an uplifting story it becomes a bitter meditation on how nobody ever really escapes the shadow of his ancestors.
>>
>>150285487
>There are scenes which are more serious than not, but they are surrounded by scenes which weren't serious.
They are not serious to the viewer appalled by such ridiculousness but they are very serious to the audience the show is directed at, namely the chuuni audience. There are a fuckload of people out there who don't treat Code Geass like the badly written soap opera that it is, but they treat it like a serious drama. They watch it because they enjoy the plot, not to laugh at it and make silly photoshops of the most ridiculous scenes like /a/ does.
The writers may have taken the whole thing less seriously, but that doesn't change that the show itself makes absolutely no indication that there is humour in it. If there is humour - it is entirely meta and very open to interpretation. Make no mistake: Code Geass is a serious show - it's just not very good at transporting that since it's not very well written.
>>
>>150265549
>>150281516 #
The theory has already been laid out for the past 10 years, people are just salty because Lelouch survived and their waifus lost the Lulubowl (honestly, I thought Kallen was best girl, but at least I can face reality). Lelouch got the Code from Charles because he killed Charles with his Geass. Remember how he was supposed to kill C.C. with his Geass and inherit her Code to set her free? He killed Charles instead and ended up both the Code from Charles and kept the Geass from C.C.(that's why the show is called Code Geass).

When Suzuaku stabbed him, he died, yeah. But then the Code resurrected him later on, and he is now cursed to live forever just like C.C. Lelouch was obviously the guy driving the cart at the end of the show, people just didn't want to admit it. Why would they purposely hide the face of a random cart driver? Because they wanted to leave everyone in suspense. The resurrection they are referring to is metaphorical, as in, Lelouch is finally going to appear in the world again. He was already "resurrected" at the end of S2.

Facts
1. Lelouch died.
2. Lelouch most likely expected to die during Zero Requiem.
3. Both "He died!" and "He's alive!" fags were right. It was the time frame that mattered.
4. Lelouch is back.
5. R3 is happening.
>>
>>150286130
>>
>>150286130
256 posts and finally the answer.
>>
>>15028609
Going by your argument, anyone who isn't a jaded as fuck cynical hipster is a chuuni by definition. Which is a very silly point of view. The fact you believe the show wants to be a serious drama, period, is simply false. It's got dramatic moments, but that's not all. Besides, you are ignoring that many people can like this stuff even if they poke at it or have memes to use for fun. It's not a zero-sum game. There are multiple indications of the show not being as super serious as you think, which is the main reason why your complaints are out of place. The humor being meta doesn't mean it isn't there, especially when the staff refers to it rather than being surprised by that. Either way, it's pointless to argue since Code Geass didn't need to be the kind of purely serious and totally restrained show you seem to believe it was aiming for in the first place.
>>
>>150279258
kekked
>>
>>150286352
>>150286399
Autism
>>
Euro girls are cute. They dress better than most Britannians.
>>
>>150286130
Is this really gonna be the "go-to" from now on?

When people say they don't think a third season of Code Geass is a good idea are the fans really just gonna dismiss the skeptics as people who thought Lelouch died?

Cause, like, you do realize that the ambiguity itself was part of what made R2's ending good. All that's gone now though. Same with the notion of Suzaku inheriting Lulu's identity as Zero, same with the notion of Lulu living a comfy life with C.C.

No, all that's gone. Carthathis and otherwise. Now we gotta suffer through the Taken 3 of anime.
>>
>>150286352
I assume you were just too retarded to reply to the right post >>150286098.

>There are multiple indications of the show not being as super serious as you think, which is the main reason why your complaints are out of place.
Again: all "indications" are meta at best. Within the show itself there is very little humour outside of scenes that are definitely marked as humorous, e.g. by being accompanied by fitting music, usually taking place at school. The dramatic events however are mostly ridiculous but not humorous. They are not intended to be funny but they are dead serious within plot and setting.

>The humor being meta doesn't mean it isn't there, especially when the staff refers to it rather than being surprised by that.
Again: this is the very definition of meta. The staff might have its in-jokes or laugh at the show - quite akin to /a/ does, Code Geass is a laughing matter after all - but that doesn't mean that the writing itself indicates that funny things are happening. If anything the representation is ridiculous in the sense of a scene which within the plot is a dead serious event being visually represented as ridiculous, but this too is again meta. There is no indication in the writing that Euphemia murdering lots of people is something to be laughed at or that her dying afterwards is something to be laughed at, even though it turned out to be quite ridiculous.

Not to mention that just because it appeared funny to you does not mean that it appeared funny to just anyone. If you google "Euphemia" and "death" you'll find plenty of people out there who were quite emotionally struck by the event and who did not find the whole thing funny. In fact, within the fanbase I'd argue you're the minority.
>>
>>150285292
MGSV takes place in between (chronologically) the other games
That would make Akito the MGSV of CG
If anything R3 would be MGS4
>>
>>150265549
I'm actually kinda okay with this, do we get to see how the world continued to run after the "death" did the leaders try to divide power and fuck up? I personally do wish to see the world after his final. Before he comes back. Can they truly achieve peace? Anyone else think that they should do a 2 year after check up on that world to see if humanity does the usual and fuck up everything?
>>
>>150286676
>>150286352

Give it a break.

This is like reading a discussion between too autists who would be the only people having this exchange over code geass
>>
>>150286676
>Lelouch posing and making hand gestures while wearing a Kamen Rider meets Batman suit
>dead serious
>>
I want a Code Geass RPG by Obsidian.
>>
>>150286676
Geassed Euphemia murdering people = ridiculous for normal human beings, not ridiculous for the characters.

Euphemia dying = not ridiculous for normal human beings, not ridiculous for the characters.
>>
File: 1403408956956.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1403408956956.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>150287570
Under that premise any chuuni anime ever made, every JRPG, etc. is not serious. But that's factually wrong. The shows take themselves seriously (those who make them not necessarily), and the people who watch them take them seriously too.
>>
>>150287616
After the disasters that were Pillars of Equality and Tranny that would be right down their alley.
>>
>>150287616
A Geass RPG would be absolute tits. I know there have been Geass games but I want to play as Lelouch and make moral choices that either save or destroy the characters around me.
>>
>>150287711
Hey, Tyranny was nice. Just too short and linear in its ending.
>>
File: 1479430403133.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479430403133.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>people enjoyed the ending
>"j-j-j-j-just press this button at this exact millisecond or we're all fucked and we wont get the flying fortress!!"
Also come on are you guys so dense to believe that he wouldn't do everything he could to make sure he could keep his eye on Nunnally? I think y'all are due for a re-watching of the series and every single one of you need to reexamine how lulu ticks.
>>
>>150287674
>Geassed Euphemia murdering people = ridiculous for normal human beings
Lots of people didn't find it ridiculous but they thought it was quite the dramatic event. I remember discussing with people here who were actually defending the bad writing that led to Euphemia killing people, i.e. Lelouch out of random using such a ridiculous example as murdering Japanese people. This is not meant to be a laughing matter, it is just bad writing.
>>
File: file.png (560KB, 1098x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
560KB, 1098x620px
>>150266523
>>
>>150287760
The combat system was shit too - so were the combat encounters of which none were truly memorable. And while the magic system was nice in theory, it practically was kinda crappy as well and the spells were mostly uninspired.
>>
>>150286670
Catharsis is still there even if you accept one of the two scenarios as real. Votoms still has a good ending even though they made Shining Heresy as an unnecessary sequel. Code Geass getting a sequel chapter with new situations doesn't mean the previous accumulation of events doesn't get a big release at that point. Things need to build up again and they might mess it up, who knows, but it's too soon to tell.
>>
>>150278417
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>150287933
It can be formally bad for the writing to have him say those exact words and make her end up geassed then, but that doesn't mean it isn't done in the service of provoking the viewer to have surprising reaction and it sure wasn't focusing on the sad part at that moment. The point of the triggering scene wasn't to have a normal conversation with a normal outcome, but to have him mess up in an exaggerated manner that wouldn't happen in a normal situation. .
>>
File: c056b485.jpg (185KB, 800x638px) Image search: [Google]
c056b485.jpg
185KB, 800x638px
>>150265549
R3 literally will be Rebellion of Madoka Magica
>>
File: orig_500084.jpg (707KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
orig_500084.jpg
707KB, 1920x1080px
>>150288499
>This entire scene - and by extension the entire ending - now has no meaning

>Madoka saved nothing. Madoka stopped nothing. She even failed at fucking saving a magical girl because of a dyke.

>Celebrate all you want /a/

>You are not getting Madoka Magica sequel

>You are getting Madoka Magica Super

>You are getting a zombie of a series

>You are getting a continuation that never needed to happen
>>
>>150265549

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!!
>>
>>150277149
holy shit you're retarded

this is exactly like an artist vandalizing his work by smearing his shit all over it all so he can get more chuck-e-cheese tokens shoved up his asshole by monkeys inflicted with downs, who are constantly cheering and jerking themselves off about how right they were about how the artist would be capable of fucking everything up

it's people like you that have compelled them to do this because they know that they could release something with zero-effort and it would still manage to satisfy you dumbfucks. all this proves is that morons like you outnumber the people who manage to read nursery rhymes without suffering from a mental overload. so you're right, stupidity in numbers is powerful.
>>
>>150282292
This is the same thing they said about super.
>>
>>150267315
>Headcanon

Erase yourself from existence.
>>
>>150288277
>that doesn't mean it isn't done in the service of provoking the viewer to have surprising reaction
If anything the viewer was surprised by how bad the writing is.

>The point of the triggering scene wasn't to have a normal conversation with a normal outcome, but to have him mess up in an exaggerated manner that wouldn't happen in a normal situation.
And a good writer would have managed to achieve that outcome without resorting to having the character say something completely ill fitting - or he would have chosen a different device to achieve the same outcome.
>>
>>150289198
lel stay mad

Lelouch has f*cked you good :^)
>>
>>150285185
It seems that for you if the characters within a show take everything seriously, then the show is taking itself seriously. But that is not necessarily the case at all. You can quite easily have a situation where humor is derived from the gap between perception and reality. In fact that's one of the oldest kinds of humor there is. Look at characters like Polonius: he and the other characters take him seriously, it's just the audience who is supposed to find him funny.
>>
>>150289634
>You can quite easily have a situation where humor is derived from the gap between perception and reality.
That might be the case for something actually humorous, e.g. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but Code Geass is not that kind of show. As I said earlier: the humour - if it is there at all - is at best meta in the sense of the the show making something look ridiculous in terms of visual presentation. The show takes itself seriously, the plot is not meant to be a laughing matter, there is hardly any humorous dialogue, etc. - the only thing you could argue is amusing are things like Spinzaku, how Euphemia looks while gunning down people, the Emperor-rocket and so on - but all that is taking place embedded in a serious context and the events - albeit silly looking - are still dead serious.

The point remains: Code Geass is not a comedy show and nobody besides you views it as one.
>>
>>150289723
I am not at all convinced that the creators took the show seriously, and I'm not sure why you are so convinced. They saw how people reacted to things like Spinzaku and deliberately played them up going forward. That suggests to me that they were not being deadly serious.

>nobody besides you views it as one.

I'm not actually the same guy you were previously replying to anon. That's how it works around here. Anonymous is not a username.
>>
>>150277460
I have high hopes for R3.
>>
Think we all need to stop jumping ships when we haven't even seen any trailers let alone a episode of it. Stop jumping to conclusions you fools.
>>
>>150289198
Wow, that is some amazing butthurt over something so minor. The ending was ambiguous and was always intended to be ambiguous. In the end, the answer Sunrise chose wasn't the one you thought it'd be. So what? R2 still exists as you remember it.
>>
>>150289791
It is well likely that the creators realised that what they were doing was silly and went along with it (perhaps not all of them but some) but it's not like they turned it into a comedy show. The plot was still serious, they were dealing with quite serious events. Each and every one of the characters - no matter how silly they were - took the whole thing seriously, and it was by no means comedy like the aforementioned Monty Python film. Code Geass was an overly melodramatic soap opera that tried to be a lot of things, perhaps comedy was one of these things (although it was mostly a minor element at best), but it did nothing particularly well.
>>
>>150289931
>The ending was ambiguous
Not the guy you're talking to but it was by no means ambiguous. The fans made it ambiguous but it ended with Lelouch being stabbed right on screen. Occam's razor suggests that Lelouch is dead. If they had wanted to make it ambiguous they would have given people a stronger lead than a cart driver who is barely present.
>>
ITT: Butthurt people who thought he was dead and now trying to shit on R3 because they got proven wrongs

If you don't like the idea of a sequel then you don't have to watch it or follow anything related to it. But don't bitch and moan because your theory was wrong
>>
>>150289947
Nobody is arguing that it's a comedy show, as far as I can see. The problem is that you seem to lack any sense of nuance: for you, either it's a comedy, or it's very serious. But to say something doesn't take itself very seriously is to say that it's neither one of those things, but somewhere in-between (and no, not necessarily in the middle).

And again, you just keep banging on about how seriously the characters took everything, because apparently my entire first post, >>150289634, is completely lost on you. Nobody is saying the characters didn't take it seriously: that's just not crucially important to a claim about whether or not a show took itself seriously.
>>
>>150290024
>get stabbed by a fuckhuge sword, die on screen
>it's just a theory he's dead guys!!
>>
I hope Johnny Yong Bosch voices Lelouch again
>>
>>150290046
Except for the part where your entire defence of the bad writing is that you claim it was intentional in order to make it comedic to the viewer. And I maintain the position that this is not the case. It's badly written because the writers are incompetent. Halfway through they might have realised that the anime they're making is garbage and added some fittingly ridiculous visuals to go along with it, but that is no excuse.
>>
>>150290059
Anon, I thought Lelouch was dead too, but come on now. This is a show where immortality is a thing.
>>
>>150290101
the problem was ending the series on it without belaying it. Now any change in that will look like a cop out for more money
>>
>>150290069
>He watched the dub

Captcha: 189.50 sunrise
>>
>>150290024
They're acting like over-invested shippers who were convinced their girl would win and their ship is canon so suck it everyone else, only to be proven wrong in the end.
>>
>>150290163
Typically ships in waifuwars series are proven wrong in the series they're from, not in the sequel. Like you don't show char x living happily with his waifu char y and then in the next series suddenly char z is his waifu
>>
>>150290089
>Except for the part where your entire defence of the bad writing is that you claim it was intentional in order to make it comedic to the viewer.

You're doing it again I see. Again, this is my first post in this discussion: >>150289634
So yeah, that's not me you're replying to. I don't believe that thing you've just attributed to me. I'm arguing that the creators did not take the show very seriously, and that's it. What you're arguing is no longer clear as the goalposts keep moving a little bit. I mean here:
>>150289723
>The point remains: Code Geass is not a comedy show
So that's the point. And then here:
>>150289947
>it did nothing particularly well.
Well OK, but that's not what I was replying to, is it? I haven't bothered to argue with you over whether the show is good or not, just whether it's serious or not.

It's pretty clear that trying to discuss anything with you is a waste of time, you're just going to keep trying to throw out distractions to avoid dealing with any substantive objections. So I'm not going to anymore.
>>
I told you guys not to buy the Akito BDs, but you just wouldn't listen.
>>
>>150289198
>This level of assmad

>>150289562
Kajou pls go
>>
>>150265549

But Kallen talks about how the world is a better place, hell it even shows you.
>>
>>150290478
Plus he never intended to actually kill himself so how'd he fail that? He did everything right but I will admit he failed to atone for his sins now though but I guess a life of solitude might be enough
>>
File: ShirleyJoins.jpg (2MB, 2193x3175px) Image search: [Google]
ShirleyJoins.jpg
2MB, 2193x3175px
>>150266523

I desperately want her to come back somehow
>>
>>150274924
>World War 1 was pointless because world war 2 happened
>world war 2 was pointless because the cold war happened
>the cold war was pointless because Putin basically made Soviet Union 2.0

Fuck off, nigger. Sorry you didn't get a mary sue ending where every protagonist lived happily ever after forever and had 10 billion kids with perfect lives
>>
>>150290210
>I'm arguing that the creators did not take the show very seriously
That is something only the creators truly know. As I said: I'm even willing to grant you that they realised at some point how silly the anime they were working on was but that still does not make it a comedy show nor does it make the anime any less serious. If it was meant to be not serious and a laughing matter then they've failed because the majority of their audience found it to be a fairly serious drama. No anime website on the internet flagged this as comedy.

>I haven't bothered to argue with you over whether the show is good or not
It's not.

>just whether it's serious or not.
It is serious. Whatever comedy you believe to see in Code Geass is at worst coincidental and at best meta - a wink of the animators at the smarter parts of their audience. That still does not make Code Geass a comedy show nor does it excuse bad writing.
>>
File: IMG_3226.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3226.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>150290524
Wouldn't Sayako coming back either, loved her character.
>>
>>150290545
He's right though
>>
>>150290864
Luke redeemed his father and the Galactic Empire was defeated (The First Order is a separate thing)

The prophecy BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE DESTROY THE DARK SIDE bullshit is prequel logic and therefore noncanon
>>
>>150290886
Why are you talking about Star Wars
>>
>>150290886
The First Order is the remnant of the Empire.

It ruins the ending not because of prequels getting fucked or anything but because it wasn't a mary sue ending where every protagonist lived happily ever after forever and had 10 billion kids with perfect lives
>>
so are they planing to actually post that PV online?
>>
OP is just salty all his waifus died and won't be in the next season
>>
>>150291355
More than likely.

We probably won't get R3 till late 2017 or 2018 because they are doing the 3 recap movies and adding new scenes and they are re-recording al the lines. What I'd say would take some time to do.
>>
>>150290545
World War 1 was pointless because WW2 happened.
WW2 was pointless because the Cold War happened.
Cold War was pointless because Putin made Soviet Union 2.0.

WW1, WW2, and Cold War were all fucking pointless because of those things though.
>>
>>150291412
what are they waiting on then? it's nearly been 24 hours
>>
>>150266027
Best ending
>>
>>150291649
Who knows by the end of the year we'll probably get some form of PV. Gotta have patience anon
>>
>>150291860
i'm talking about the one the played at the event, or was i being memed?
>>
>tfw people want their series to be sequeled to death
>>
>>150265549
They should have just rebooted R2 and made their original plans instead of the clusterfuck that was a result of a fucking timeslot change.
>>
The show was trash ever since "for example, if I told you to kill all the Japanese." Can anyone even name a more contrived moment in fiction? Who cares if it's going to be awful, the people who enjoyed its awfulness back then will still like it and the people blinded by nostalgia will hate it anyway.
>>
>>150266498
>retcons
Yeah, they're retconing lelouch's death.
>>
>>150292210
They are rebooting R2 and adding new scenes though it's in movie form not a series.
>>
>>150292225
It's schlock. Of course it's garbage, but it's the kind of enjoyable, twisty turny, could go anywhere garbage that's fun.
>>
>Anime is so dead that they have to reboot a series which had a definitive ending 8 years ago to milk the nostalgiafags for everything they got
hhehehe
>>
>>150292260
>definitive ending

the zero requiem was always stupid and never going to work long term.
>>
>>150292260
Another person who thought he was dead so now you've gotta ruin all other threads. Fuck off outta here anon.
>>
>>150292314
OP pic by itself confirms he's dead (just like anime kek)
>>
>>150266523
He can still die if he lets a Geass user kill him.
Speaking of Geass, Lulu doesn't have his anymore, does he?
>>
>>150292394
Why wouldn't he have his Geass
>>
>>150292314
>Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection
>Ressurrection
>>
>>150292413
Because C.C. lost hers when she became immortal.
>>
>>150292423
implying it's not meaning that he's coming back into to play after faking his death. You ever heard of symbolism?
>>
>>150292426
Charles still had his though remember
>>
>>150292448
>You ever heard of symbolism?
t. trying to sound smart but you don't have the vocab for it
>>
>>150292448
whoa dude so DEEP
>>
>>150292475
He was in the world of C though
>>
>>150292426
If you're following the "Lelouch got Charles's code" theory, wouldn't Lelouch keep his Geass because C.C. still has her code? C.C. lost her Geass when the woman who gave it to her passed on her code. Maybe the thing that removes a person's Geass is the death of the one who gave it to them, not getting a code and becoming immortal.
>>
Involving such Prodigious talents as That Guy Who Made Kabaneri and The Guy Who Worked on Active Raid

WOW
>>
We actually haven't got confirmation of whether it's a new series or just a movie. Would you all be okay with that? If it was just a movie
>>
>>150292684
I know we got a remake movie coming. So I doubt Sunrise is going to waste their time for a continuation movie as well.

I wasn't around for the announcement. So Lelouch is confirmed alive in the PV or was it a flashback of him?
>>
>>150292684
No because it'd be Akito tier
>>
>>150292725
He's confirmed alive. If it's set years after his fake death and he's with CC I think it's pretty much self explanatory that he's alive.
>>
If he got immortal wouldn't that go against the very message of the story? Namely how death and rebirth are the real motors of humanity, not timeless eternity? It's like how the Chinese dynasties flaunted the 1000 years old rule in hope but ended up usurped by a random peasant or a northern barbarian tribe.
>>
>>150292742
The only worthwhile thing in Akito was that pimp-ass outfit Lelouch was wearing.
>>
Wasn't the ending of R2 unabashedly stolen from Watchmen?
>>
>>150292864
and Watchmen unabashedly stole its ending from an episode of the Outer Limits

"it has to be original to be good" is a meme of the uneducated and uncreative
>>
>>150292890
Generally the events need to be original. They can borrow a bit but not wholesale.
>>
>>150292684
Akito showed the results of what happens when you try to compressed a geass plot into a movie format. You get a rushed job along with a lot of delays leaving many characters development not substantial.
>>
>>150288007
Shining Heresy is a heartbreaking sequel. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's certainly scrapped the idea that Chirico and Fianna can escape from their cursed fate. It's never mentioned either that Fianna wouldn't live for long, though personally it doesn't matter to me as the revelation was too saddening. Not to mention how Chirico was becoming more ridiculous, able to survive an orbital drop in flesh.
>>
>>150293016
But did the devs see it that way? Because if they thought it went good more than likely they'll do it again
>>
>>150293016
Are you sure Geass had character development? Is that something usually attributed to trainwrecks?
>>
>>150279734
It was a point discussed by Suzaku and CC that the "doing it all for my sister thing" was in many ways an excuse for what he desired for himself. That is, he was using it as a lie or mask for himself.
>>
>>150265549
You cant expect logic from fans. They want a series with 1000+ episodes. Even if in the end 'It's not the same after episode 460".

Some people cant just move on.
>>
>>150293193
Also during the part he thought she died he realised he still needed to change the world and not just for her but for everyone else.
>>
>all these "Lelouche is dead" faggot tears

Keep 'em coming.
>>
>>150292620

An artist doesn't strive to make every work a masterpiece. There's such a thing as just working on projects to make money. Wouldn't make sense to not work on anything until you're ready to make a masterpiece (and even then it may not turn out to be one).

Also one person is not enough to completely change/control a show. There's an entire staff.
>>
Code Ment was the only sequel it needed.
>>
File: =v.jpg (18KB, 321x288px) Image search: [Google]
=v.jpg
18KB, 321x288px
>>150265549
As long as Toei doesn't animate it, everything's good
>>
>>150265549
I think it's extremely unfair to compare a 4 cour anime that was well received to another that went on for nearly 300 episodes (400 if you count its prequel) that has become synonymous with plot holes, god awful sequels and screaming for entire episodes at a time to power up.

Generally however, yes you're correct. This is exactly what happened to Eureka 7, they pumped out an absolute pile of shit for a sequel , that seems to be somehow guilty the very same issues i had with DBZ.
Assuming they actually put some fucking effort into the season i'm sure it'll be great. Only time well tell.
So until then fuck off
>>
>yfw bait and switch.
The tears would be glorious.
>>
>>150292811
Being immortal and sticking around to be ready to help the world out again in case they absolutely needed him is a punishment though. Like he said to Suzaku, he can't take the easy way out, he has to live on as ZeRo. He has to give up his identity as Suzaku and no longer enjoy the simple pleasures of life. That is a more fitting punishment than just dying. This way Suzaku can continue to do good, but he won't be able to enjoy the praise as Suzaku, only as Zero.

It's also a punishment for him to keep the Code, rather than letting it pass down to someone else and making them potentially suffer by not being able to die. Remember Codes don't just disappear they have to go somewhere, so Lelouch is carrying the burden of his Code.

Another message is to love and treat humans with respect. This is why CC likes Lelouch, because even though she's a "witch" Lelouch respects her. She was a hated slave girl. For the first time in her life she found someone she can be happy with, without using her Geass to cheat.

Lelouch's situation is an exception. To be able to find another immortal like CC, and for both of them to be able to love each other and live on humanly.
>>
File: 1465683788281.png (234KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465683788281.png
234KB, 1000x720px
>>150286130
I'm willing to bet that they'll extend that scene in the final recap movie to reveal that Lelouch was, indeed, the cart driver. That'll tie it up very nicely for the Resurrection announcement.

I think that Suzaku will retire as zero, then disappear, and Lulu will reprise the role.
>>
File: 1479215586313.jpg (95KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479215586313.jpg
95KB, 1440x1080px
I mean honestly they should've just gone for a new main character.

Yeah yeah everyone loves Lelouch and you'll get "GEASS WITHOUT LELOUCH IS STUPID" but I really do feel that his story wrapped up quite nicely. He plunged the world into chaos and ultimately payed the price for it, I think it's sorta cruel to continue the guys torment just for the sake of having him keikaku some more dori's. Have mercy on the man's soul.

Hell just gimme a new cast altogether, the survivors of Geass earned their happy ending or are living with their sins. Let them be, no need to drag them into another affair.
>>
>>150293589
Go watch Akito then
>>
>>150293589
They tried this with Akito. It failed. Too much of the appeal of Geass is in the characters, not the world building
>>
Why would anyone want Lelouchto come back? It defeats the whole purpose of his journey
>>
>>150293637
welcome to modern media. It's about money, not the story or characters.
>>
>>150266576
but the picture gives some pretty strong evidence to the contrary.
>>
File: 1421038010682.jpg (94KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
1421038010682.jpg
94KB, 625x390px
If we're bringing back dead characters and this dead series they might as well bring back all the real niggas we lost.

CLOVIS, BACK FROM THE DEAD
>>
>>150293637
He succeeded though. Everyone moved on and the world changed, he just have to live with CC and not be able to see anyone else.
>>
File: IMG_3224.jpg (95KB, 522x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3224.jpg
95KB, 522x640px
>>150293668
Fuck Clovis if you want to bring back people from the dead bring back this beauty
>>
>>150265549

You are wrong. I haven't posted on /a/ in 8 years. I am so fucking hype. I came here just to talk about this.

It's going to be great.
>>
Do you think the Japanese who watch Sunrise series care that they are watching kitsch, low class entertainment where dead characters coming back to life is only a plot twist away?
>>
>>150293649
Yes but I'm asking you guys, this thread is full of people going ''HAHAHAHA LELOUCH IS STILL ALIVE'' why?

>>150293688
But is dead was is redemption, he said it him self at the end to Suzaku ''those who kill should be prepared to be killed''
>>
>>150265549
Dont worry after Season 14: The return of Cyborg Lelouch, the faggots praising this now will make what went wrong threads.
>>
>People think that the ending has any value worth saving

Fuck off, Code Geass was just a fun watch and nothing more. If I get more Lelouch and C.C. that's all I need. Leave merit to those hack directors
>>
>>150293688
He is a bad person he killed thousands of innocents
>>
>>150293759
Because they're dumb shit eaters and just want to feel what they felt when they watched the first two series again, and don't realize that they never will.
>>
>>150293772
>People who want to see the merit on things they like sould fuck off

Kill your self
>>
>>150293773
Yes he did but in the long run he brought a world of peace and happiness, if he never got his hands dirty and sacrificed people the world wouldn't have changed.
>>
Why do all major new action anime series seem to turn into trainwrecks with thousands of plot twists? Is this the legacy of Code Geass?
>>
>>150293806
I never thought people who consume any media for long enough could have this mentality like >>150293772 he just wants more fucking sad.
>>
>>150266505
>Lelouch has therefore achieved CODE GEASS.

This makes so much sense

I don't know if it's true or was intended from the getgo but it's pretty apropos
>>
why do the people who thought he died have to continually ruin threads
>>
>>150293878
Because when an anime character gets a 6 foot sword driven through their intestines I demand that they die
>>
>>150293853
I'm totally with you but still he doesn't deserve the good ending and he knows it and he doesn't care at the end that makes I'm even better, he gives his own live at the end unlike what most people would have done
>>
>>150273234
>>150273234
why ? did he believe that lulu was dead
>>
>>150265549
Wait, Code Geass is getting something other then the current bullshit show running?
>>
File: average code geass fan.png (847KB, 1273x674px) Image search: [Google]
average code geass fan.png
847KB, 1273x674px
All this fucking "did he live or die" conspiracy bullshit has no meaning. It's like Blade Runner and people asking whether or not Deckard was a replicant. It doesn't fuckin matter - the story was meant to question the nature of emotion and inherent humanity. It wasn't intended to setup some kind of Shyamalan-esque TWEEST to surprise you with at the end.

Believe it or not, Code Geass actually has good amount of depth to it that doesn't involve this kind of meaningless speculation and theorization.
>>
I'm watching Code Geass for the first time

Is it just me, or is season 1 significantly superior to season 2?
>>
>>150294274
manbo
>>
>>150294274
It's different in tone for sure, if you like one or the other more, that's because of this shift.

I like both for what they are.
>>
>>150265549
The Gundam flops have been hurting Sunrise.

Also, Sunrise saw how Akito could not survive without Lelouch.

Akito was forgettable trash.

You guys did see how Sunrise attempted to move away from Gundam but all their other mecha shit flopped.

So yeah, Sunrise took a page from Hollywood.

You gotta remember, it is Executives in Business Suits who decide this.
>>
>>150293668
Lelouch's mom should come back and fuck her son.

Season 3 should all be about Incest and make Ore no Imouto and Yosuga no Sora look tame in comparison.
>>
>>150294274
S1 is very solid, holds together pretty well and has a clear sequence of events that slowly build to a kickass finale. S2 is a roller coaster. Has some really shitty moments, but also has some really great moments. For me, the good parts more than outshined the bad parts.
>>
>>150294340
I'll admit she was pretty attractive and I like the concept but if anyone's going to be doing the incest I want it to be either Euphy (his 1st love) or Cornelia
>>
>>150294274
Second is pretty good until you see the pattern, which ruins it entirely. Luckily it doesn't really do that until the last few episodes. Spoilers below are actual spoilers.

People in season 2 don't die. Nothing dies. They spent like 2 episodes talking about this epic bomb that's going to kill people, tons of people get caught it in, and then they later just walk out of a hospital with a couple wounds. It pissed me off so much I would have stopped watching if it wasn't so close to the end.
>>
>>150294498
>People in season 2 don't die. Nothing dies
Did you even watch R2?
>>
>>150269265
>Why the hell should that be impossible in anime?
Because it cheapens the anime. The second a dead character comes back to life, the anime looses all sense of tension, since death is now irrelevant.
>>
File: 1467973233313.png (218KB, 501x521px) Image search: [Google]
1467973233313.png
218KB, 501x521px
>>150286022

I agree with you anon, he always lusted after power and it would have corrupted him somewhat. How could a man who had it all give it up so easily and live the care free life.
There was a study that showed that political power is more addictive than cocaine.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136547/Power-really-does-corrupt-scientists-claim-addictive-cocaine.html

> td;lr lelouch becomes the jew
>>
>>150294621
But what if... he never actually died
>>
>>150294399
Lelouch's mom together with Lelouch on that CG Poster just stuck in my head all these years which is why I mentioned Lelouch's mother.
>>
>>150292922
>Generally the events need to be original. They can borrow a bit but not wholesale.
You only think that because you are ignorant of where everyone copied their ideas from. You only think something is original because you didn't know what preceded it. Something can only be fresh and original from your perspective, and only because you were too ignorant of the source matereal. Nothing is original, not movies, not books, not music.
>>
>>150294727
Do you have a link to it?
>>
>>150294669
Suzaku: *unshealths 50 foot sword* What if... he had to actually die?
>>
>>150293668
I honestly hope Clovis makes a background cameo just to see /a/ lose its shit again.
>>
>>150294274
>>150294290
>>150294292
>>150294395
>>150294498
>>150294580
People forget but CG S1 had a different timeslot than S2 and having a different timeslot can greatly affect what you can show on Japanese television.

There is a reason late night anime airs late at night and not on prime time like One Piece for example.
>>
>>150294747
Well that just means it can be good to you if you don't know what it stole its ideas from. If you do then yeah it's shit.
>>
>>150294756
Ever considered... he faked his death

>>150294727
Tbh I'd be happy with either of them
>>
>>150294779
Ever considered... OP's pic?
>>
>Anons think a sequel may not be a good thing because reasons, no mention of whether Lelouch was alive or dead
>baaaaw you're just mad because Lelouch turned out to be alive

Thanks for reminding me why I don't come here anymore.
Though it's not like other anime discussions places on the net are any better.
>>
>>150294768
I hear One piece had a pretty brutal Sharkman arc
>>
>>150294834
A sequel may not be a good thing because Geass is shit.
>>
Hear me out on this
R3 Lelouch is a clone
>>
File: IMG_3233.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3233.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>150294808
Do you remember... this?
>>
A sequel would be okay if Lelouch stayed dead but of course that can't happen because Geass is shit without Lelouch.
>>
>>150294868
Continue.
>>
>>150294886
Not really, no. I know he deeayd though.
>>
>>150294868
That's a very nice pic and can see why now. Marianne a milf!
>>
So I'm curious exactly what the plot is going to be

Season 2 literally ended with "The world is at peace now, life is better for everyone now that you are dead, happy ending"
>>
>>150294940
Reporterman dropped a secret package into somewhere that told everyone it was a lie
>>
>>150294940
The world will go to shit. People in power tend to be greedy and fight for more power. The problem is you think peace will last forever and are childishly idealistic.
>>
GUYS
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhyzoq4mxo
>>
>>150295015

so then what's lelouch gonna do about it?

Unless he basically goes full circle and becomes Charles and tries to restart that apocalypse machine that Charles wanted. Sorry, it's been a while since I've seen the series so I'm not up to date on my lingo
>>
Wasn't like every major capital n2 mined at the end of R2?
>>
>>150295037
If I recall, Charles became one of those "good through evil means" villains though which was basically what Lelouch was already doing by the end
>>
>>150265549
What, hold on.

People watched this for other reasons besides awesome mecha designs and fights? Holy shit.
>>
>>150295021
>Original Japanese ending
>Eng dub

What
>>
>>150295085
starts second half of the video
>>
>>150295071

So then what's the fucking point of Season 3.

Unless they pull out some god-like threat or some mystical mcguffin I really don't know of any idea for the direction Season 3 will go
>>
>>150295075
The mech design was pretty meh and the fights were too. People watched it for crazy plot twists, zany characters and pizza butt.
>>
>>150295075
Were tits and pizzabutt not good reasons?
>>
>>150295100
I don't remember that when I watched it in a fansub that was a DIRECT JAPANESE TV RIP
>>
>Love Live Sunshine flops so hard
>Sunrise immediately announces their trump card, Code Geass
Ez money
>>
Do you like pizza butts and you cannot lie, you otha brothas can't deny?
>>
>>150295114
can't argue with that
>>
>>150295156
Why did LLS flop?
>>
>>150295156
It's not like Thunderbolt and IBO aren't selling like hotcakes
>>
>>150295161
I do like pizza butt and I won't deny it.
>>
>>150295156
They could've announced T&B S2 which also would make them money.
>>
>>150295184
They killed original Love Live at its peak.
>>
all this butthurt about R3 and "muh ruined ending" is the ultimate proof that Code Geass is too deep for the average people
>>
>>150295939
Feel free to enlighten us peasants.
>>
>>150296036
We aren't worthy to understand the true reasoning or care for it.
>>
Except the plan didn't lose any meaning at all.

Lelouch still pulled it off and the world believes it.

You don't even know the circumstances of the next series.
>>
>>150295156
Isn't the timing because of the anniversary?
Not everything is a success, that's part of business.
>>
>>150296496
Yes it got announced at the 10 year anniversary event.
>>
>>150276629
Kek, get some taste you 2deep4you faggot
>>
>>150292448
Funny, because that was the fucking damn defence the 'is dead' party went with.

Both sides are equally retarded.
>>
>>150293636
>ridiculously high BD sales of the OVA
>failed
Go be stupid somewhere else. It only 'failed' in the western side of the fanbase. It was a success in Japan (which is what matters).
>>
>>150297065
Except that's the reason that it's the title you autist.
>>
>>150294316
>flops
source: your ass

Again: Origin BDs were a hit. So were Akito OVAs. The merch still does well and Banco financial reports still have Gundam valued pretty damn high. Stop talking out your ass. Stop confusing the perception of western fans as being the same as nip fans because the situation is the opposite as you claim.

>Sunrise attempted to move away from Gundam but all their other mecha shit flopped.
Implying you even paid attention to how sunrise has been working over the decades.
>>
>>150265735
Agreed.
>>
>>150265549
stay salty
>>
File: delicious.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
Purityfags the thread.
>>
>>150266434
If they do a SEED S3 /m/ will finally explode and free us from his existance
>>
I still don't get why the hell they aren't doing a R2 reboot instead. Not like they have already released everything they originally planned for S2. We're as in the dark as we were 10 years ago.

Why the fuck don't they revisit it. I'm pretty damn certain whatever they had planned would have been better than the trainwreck we got.
>>
>>150297523
They are doing a movie of R2 with new scenes and lines. So you'll get your second version.
>>
>>150277602
season 3 will end on the same Cliffhunger of 1, with Suzaku discovering Lelou being alive and screaming at him for not dieing and we'll get a new old meme back
>>
>>150282497
And that's why they killed even more people on screen, case in point episode 1 and the one where all Geass cultist are killed, including on screen children
>>
Where does the series even go from here? I thought everything was wrapped up. Are they just going to introduce another new baddy? Maybe it'll be Suzaku
>>
>>150297607
Still, it probably won't change anything major. Rollo for example will still be there, while he wasn't even supposed to exist in the first place.
>>
>>150297659
I see 2 possible situations: 1- a new Zero, a terrorist, appears and want to destroy the world, lelocuch have to stop him, 2- Years later the world still is back in a war situation, maybe a Cold war type situation, nad Lelou/the persone he gives the geass to has to save it again

Extradimensional gods or whatever was in Akito will be major part of the subplot, like cult of geass was in s2
>>
File: 1471257682332.png (608KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471257682332.png
608KB, 1280x720px
>>150297659
And the stupid comments keep coming
>>
train wreck
NOUN
North American informal
A chaotic or disastrous situation that holds a ghoulish fascination for observers

chaotic
Pronunciation: /keɪˈɒtɪk/
ADJECTIVE
1 In a state of complete confusion and disorder

disastrous
Pronunciation: /dɪˈzɑːstrəs/
ADJECTIVE
1 Causing great damage
1.1 informal Highly unsuccessful

If you're calling Code Geass a train wreck then you're either saying it was confusing, in which case you're probably stupid, or you're saying it was unsuccessful either as a product or as a story, which is plain untrue in either case.
>>
>Hunter x Hunter sticky lasted several days
>CG lasted only a one day
Fuck
>>
>>150295939
Nigger, Code Geass didn't have any hidden or "deep" meaning. It just had meaning. Which everybody fucking ignores in favor of the stupid "did he live or die" conspiracy discussion.

>>150296036
I mean, there are a few ways of looking at the series that might make a re-watch more enjoyable. I'm not interested in writing a fuckin paper or anything but if people care, I'll post more.
>>
>>150298242
>but if people care
Nobody really cares, the show has been discussed for years, anything that had to be said has been said. There was the lelouch is dead and lelouch is alive camp.
Now that the lelouch is alive camp has been proven right the other camp is bitching about "muh purity" and already bury the show.
>>
>>150298068
Train wreck means the plot was nonsense asspulls all day erry day
>>
>>150298222
Guess which series is more popular with modern anime fans.
>>
>>150297792
I'm kind of excited for whatever they do, I like CG cause it's fun, even if it ends up a trainwreck it'll be fine
>>
>HE LIVES
Can we get this shitfest going again?
>>
I'm sad that the experience i shared with this board many years ago during the shitstorm geass sundays caused will no longer have any special meaning to myself, and those who feel like I do.
>>
>THE ACTUAL FANBOYS GENTLEMEN LIKE MYSELF HATE THIS!!1
Oh, really, I don't give a shit.
>>
>>150299737
Get used to it, we will get threads like this until they get bored.
>>
Can someone photoshop lelouch's face on a picture of Jesus?
>>
So he's fucking CC right?
>>
>>150294868
incest is pretty normal in royal families
>>
What the fuck is britania?
>>
File: 1476050546375.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476050546375.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>150265549
Akito tier load of shit incoming. Mark my words.
>>
File: 1460323434415.png (176KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1460323434415.png
176KB, 420x420px
>thinking Lelouch's world peace would last forever

Shut the fuck up about "muh ruined ending" you idiots. It's time for Zero to drain the swamp yet again. SAY IT WITH ME: EMPEROR LELOUCH
>>
I miss mechas on rollerskates. It wasn't the same when everyone and their mom were doing aerial acrobatics.
>>
>>150269904
Then dont watch it.
>>
>>150300389
>implying anything with lelouch as the mc could be anything but fun
>>
File: PanzerHummel.jpg (107KB, 796x585px) Image search: [Google]
PanzerHummel.jpg
107KB, 796x585px
>>150300389
Will it have Panzer-Hummels?
>>
>>150288499
spierdalaj
>>
>>150274982
Donald Trump's campaign felt like some of the sillier shit in R2, except actually real
>>
>>150297740
We'll probably get the scenes showing us how Lelouch survived and got the code.
>>
>>150298222
CG got way more posts than HxH did. It just doesn't look like it because it was rolling sticky.
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.