[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to Begin GUNDAM ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

I've always liked megarobots and loved evangelion (even if not a enough mechanical for my taste) but I'm completely lost on where to start gundam...
>>
Most people around here probably started with Gundam Wing which is it's own thing set in it's own universe so it's very self-contained and easy to pick up and isn't as dated.

Aside from that JUST START WITH MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM YOU RETARD

The original is very dated and it's hard to shake the 70s vibe from it but it is still an enjoyable series that's memorable and still has it's poignant moments and characters.

It's best to watch that first if you want to go on to watching Zeta Gundam which is the show which is more commonly thought of as the height of the series as most of Zeta is a contrast of the first series and can be lost of people just jumping in.
>>
>>150172394
Wing is shit.

>>150172168
Just start with the original, then watch Zeta and then ZZ and finally Char's counter attack. After that watch whatever you want in any order.
>>
File: 1306223449703.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1306223449703.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>150172532
>4 episode in ZZ
>Judau is even more shit than Amuro and Kamille in their worst states combined
>>
>>150172571
>watching a franchise where every protagonist is a bratty kid by design
>complaining about bratty kid
It's whiny kids that ruin the potential of gundam to begin with, there's no point complaining now.
>>
File: 1448860949709.jpg (62KB, 352x492px) Image search: [Google]
1448860949709.jpg
62KB, 352x492px
>Where to Begin GUNDAM ?

How about the beginning?
>>
>>150172168
any AU series is a stand alone, find the one with the premise you like most

If you want the full Gundam experience, go to 0079
>>
File: zaku pov.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
zaku pov.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>150172168
start the original if you're impatient just watch the compilation movies

then watch zeta, if you're impatient you can also just watch the compilation movies

then watch ZZ, if you're impatient just watch the last 10 episodes

then watch char's counter attack, it's a movie but if you're impatient you can watch the AMV on youtube.

then watch F91, it's also a movie but if you're impatient you can also watch the AMV on youtube.

that's the mainline, others are AU so you just can watch it randomly
>>
>>150173449
This
>>
>>150172168
Production order
0079 is first
>>
>>150172168
>That image
Please, please, please don't start with Iron Menstruation as your first gundam show. It's a pretty terrible show despite being hyped by edgy teenagers. I highly recommend G-reco mainly for its visuals and the fact it's so far removed from the earlier UC timeline that you can easily follow.
>>
>>150172168
Honestly it's all shit except for the first one.
>>
>>150172168
Honestly it's all shit including the first one.
>>
>>150174260
Why the fuck do we bother with this Gundam garbage in the first place?
>>
>>150172168
Considering the amount of literal life time used to watch a series, avoid these:
- Iron-Blooded Orphans (Banrise is shilling it extremely hard, but it's a piece of shit as a show)
- AGE (had potential; shit the bed, and the huge A on the lead gundam was pretty stupid)
- G-reco (Tomino cannot into plot planning very good)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.