[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku: now with 1,000% more death-game burnout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So the notion of a magical girl death game isn't specifically weak, but I feel like the steaks disappeared too quickly and melted away any potential for narrative tension.

Because now the viewer just expects EVERYONE to fucking die, there's no investment in the characters besides "did I like them before episode five?"

For the last few episodes, and especially in eight most recently, I've felt like character death is becoming less and less meaningful.

It feels like the aim is to horrify me at the continued escalation. However, that relies on character death defying my expectations. Sure, the series was re-trajectorized to a death game on rather short notice, but after about two on-screen character deaths, it stops having impact. I didn't specifically like Ruler, but hers and La Pucelle's deaths were about the only two that made me feel anything.

Did the show aim for my emotional response to be "Fuck yeah, tall androgynous lesbian, fucking murder that one-winged shit-kid!"
Or
"Goddamn finally, ever since they canned La Pucelle this fucking show has been dragging its feet about murdering the decent ones."
Or
"No Mary, you need to murder Alice harder, she's fuckin' invincible."

If the magical girls straight up killing each other was done more discreetly, if the violence game didn't immediately escalate to full blown civil war, it might have been more emotionally affecting.

Is anyone else not feeling it as strongly as they did back at the beginning of the season? Or am I the only anime-only?

How will they even make it to twelve episodes with the cast dying off this quickly?

If you would be so kind, please spoiler stuff that's LN only.
>>
File: 1479774142583.png (1MB, 1081x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1479774142583.png
1MB, 1081x1013px
>>150157919
>steaks disappeared too quickly
I didn't know this had Americans in it. Did the show change characters from the first novel?
>>
>>150158105
OP is a loser who can't even into spelling.

So yes, it would be "stakes," as opposed to "steaks."
>>
>>150158105
There are a new set of girls every arc, and the arcs are all longer after the 1st one, it goes to 2 volumes an arc. The survivors become recurring characters and shit starts coming together more as the arcs progress
>>
I'm just glad it's flopping.
>>
>>150158586
So, the entire cast of magical girls will, no hyperbole at all, get fully wiped and only not!kyubei shall remain.

That's... a bold narrative choice.
>>
>>150158765
No. As things are explained more, I think it will make more sense at least for this 'arc'. Overall, the first one is the weakest of the current five.
>>
>>150158618
It's doing better than a fair amount of shows this season, but that's not saying much I suppose since some things are flopping HARD.
>>
Cute post OP
>>
>>150158765
If you wanna know Fav is somethign called a cyber fairy and him and Cranberry are employees of the HR division of the Land of Magic that went crazy, most of the Land of Magic are more like a regular government, with some corruption, but mostly good, and the other arcs aren't death games, though there are a lot of deaths
>>
>>150158808
My going theory is that mascot's algorithm for magical girl finding is more based on various hero archetypes in general rather than magic girls specifically.

Ergo, the sociopaths with good gimmicks hold on just as long as, if not longer than, those who buoy themselves with altruism.

The classical hero specifically conquers foes rather than saving allies, the latter of which falls to the spiritual leader[s], not the warriors.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.