[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimately experiencing Z for the first time, just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: the legend.gif (341KB, 500x281px)
the legend.gif
341KB, 500x281px
Legitimately experiencing Z for the first time, just finished the Cell Saga. Pretty damn great, it's kind of fucked that multiple factors held back Cell's death (Krillin's compassion, Vegeta's thirst for battle, Gohan' sadism) but Cell was a fun villain and Gohan kicked major ass.

But does Toriyama have some weird fetishes or what?

>Cell going around slurping people with his tail
>The unnecessarily long scene of his tail suckling and struggling to absorb 18
>Birthing Cell Juniors out of his tail
>Gohan punches him so hard we get this full scene of his chest pumping and shit as he prepares to puke up a chick
>He decides to self destruct but unlike the other androids it causes his body to continously inflate

Maybe I'm just overthinking it but it seems like Cell exists partly for massive amounts of fetishistic fuel.
>>
>>150143842
It was pretty fucked up, especially for Dragon Ball. Probably why Buu had a similar absorption mechanic but less disturbing to look at.
>>
Some of Cell's regeneration scenes after he got hurt looks pretty fucked up too, compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>150143842
Don't get too hyped on Gohan, OP. He's a shit
>>
>>150145559
From what I've seen of him in Buu Saga and Super, he LOOKS shit now. I get that a timeskip eventually needed to happen but he kicked so much ass in Cell Saga and the whole "hidden potential" thing was built up since the beginning of the series, so if they end up throwing that away I will be hurt. From the looks of it, I'm going to be hurt.
>>
If the series had just ended with the Cell saga then I'd give Gohan thumbs up. But the Buu saga retroactively destroys him.
>>
>>150143842
Yeah, Cell was some creepy shit that the editor made Toriyama change a few times because of it, though I'm glad since Perfect Cell is beautiful.
>>
>>150143842
I personally couldn't stand Cell after his initial appearance since it really felt like he was the only Z villain that could not succeed on his own, and thus him getting all smug with perfect form seemed kinda cheapened since he only did it because he was surrounded by retards with glaring emotional problems, rather than any real cunning on his part aside goading vegeta a little bit.
>>
>>150145898
Prepare to be so fucking hurt
>>
>>150146059
What did the editor make him change?
>>
>>150146059
Technically speaking, it wasn't his actual editor, but his former editor. Torishima worked with him before Dr. Slump, and he was most responsible for changing the main villain three times.
>>
>>150146377
At first he said 19 and 20 were just some geezer and fatso. So toriyama made 16,17, and 18. The editor said the villains can't just be a couple of brats, so he made cell. The editor said that wasn't good enough either and then he came up with the idea of perfect cell.
>>
>>150146466
Huh, so toriyama didn't even plan for cell originally. I wonder how the arc would have gone if it was just 16 17 and 18 as the villains.
>>
>>150146351
I fucking love what happens to gohan in buu saga because I completely hated him as a character every time before that.
>>
>>150146548
His former editor Torishima was responsible for creating Cell and the other androids, while his actual editor at the time Kondo told him to make Cell transform. He got a different editor right after his final transformation.
>>
>>150146059
>>150146377
The story has been greatly exaggerated. The guy was just a former editor who simply gave him ideas (And Toriyama listened).

Contrary to popular belief, Toriyama ultimately did whatever he wanted with Dragon Ball.
>>
>>150147024
That's reassuring to hear.
>>
File: 140116061167.jpg (157KB, 1280x719px)
140116061167.jpg
157KB, 1280x719px
>>150145898
>I've seen of him in Buu Saga
This is the final proof that /a/ is populed by fucking normies. Buu saga Gohan is best Gohan.
>>
You must be 18 years or older to post on this website.
>>
>>150148661
Buu Saga Gohan is fine
Super...well, Super anything is complete dogshit so Gohan being shit in it is just par the course
>>
>>150146151
He played it safe for the most part:
>Solar Flare and run like a bitch whenever someone stronger than Kamiccolo appears
>hide his powerlevel so nobody detects it, keep eating humans lifeforce until he's strong enough to face the androids
>wait until Piccolo and 17 have beaten the shit out of each other
>trick everyone so that he can abosorb 17 without problems
>convince Vegeta to let him become perfect, with the promise of a good fight
>>
File: 17678439.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
17678439.gif
498KB, 500x281px
>>150148671
Is there a point you're trying to make, anon?
>>
>>150146377
www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
>>
Akira Toriyama: At that time it began to be more fun to think up the story than to draw the pictures. But with the story, I basically only thought of each chapter. That’s why I end up getting caught in these quagmires. (laughs) Around the time of Trunks’ time travel, it was dreadful. I kept drawing, and it just got more and more incoherent.

Kazuhiko Torishima: You only got away with that because Kondō was your editor. I can’t stand that kind of troublesome stuff. (laughs)

Akira Toriyama: You’re terrible to say that, Torishima-san. Right around then was when the Androids No. 19 and No. 20 appeared. You weren’t my editor or anything anymore, but you specifically called me to say “I thought that the enemies had finally come, but aren’t these just a geezer and a fatso?” (laughs) In truth, I hadn’t had plans for anyone but No. 19 and No. 20 to appear. But there was no helping it, so I brought out No. 17 and No. 18. Then you called me up and said “What, this time it’s just some brats?” So I brought out Cell. (laughs)

Fuyuto Takeda: So you hadn’t planned on Cell appearing at all?

Akira Toriyama: That’s right. I liked No. 19 and No. 20 just fine. And I liked the initial Cell fine as well.

Fuyuto Takeda: The bug-like one?

Akira Toriyama: But Kondō-san said “He looks ugly. Of course, he can transform.”, so I had no choice but to transform him into his second-form.

Yū Kondō: Was that how it was?

Akira Toriyama: And then you were really awful, Kondō-san. “This time he looks like a moron, doesn’t he? Hurry up and make him into his perfect-form.” you said.

Yū Kondō: But he really did look like a moron. (laughs)

Akira Toriyama: With second-form Cell as well, I liked him well enough. Actually, I had wanted him to play a more active role. But since I was told he looked stupid, I had no choice but to change him. (laughs) So I made him into his cool-looking perfect form, which was to Kondō-san‘s liking.
>>
>>150148720
>Super anything is complete dogshit
>nostalgia fag detected
>>
>>150143842
>Legitimately experiencing Z for the first time
Stop making me feel old.
>>
File: image.png (22KB, 182x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 182x289px
>>150151725
Fun fact, Torishima told Toriyama that this evil doctor in Dr. Slump wasn't evil looking enough, so he told him to think of the most vile, sadistic person he could think of and base it off of them.

Toriyama named the character Mashirito.
>>
>>150151910
What a savage.
>>
>>150151748
>having standards makes you a nostalgiafag
Whatever helps you sleep at night, anon
>>
>>150151748
I've rewatched the entire series 4 times and you're delusional if you think Super is remotely similar quality.
>>
>>150143842
Gohan was a worthless pos back then and still is a pos now. These gohan fans disgust me.
>>
>>150153017
>Z: The asspull show
>Standards
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.