[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sailor Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (844KB, 1408x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
844KB, 1408x1024px
Was the manga the first actual deconstruction of the magical girl genre?
>>
>>150074654
No, Madoka was.
>>
I just want Fish Eye to be happy.
>>
Define "deconstruction" first.
>>
File: 1466428273941.png (118KB, 420x310px) Image search: [Google]
1466428273941.png
118KB, 420x310px
>>150074654
Don't all the sailor scouts die at the end or something? It's been ages since I've watched this.
>>
>>150075353
Deconstruction is breaking down common, wish-fulfillment tropes that a certain genre is prone to. For example in the case of the Magical Girl genre, being a magical girl is normally considered to be a blessing and would make any girl's life fun and magical.

Now just take that idea and turn it on its head to its opposite.
>>
>>150075629
They do but get better.
>>
>>150076432
This is the first time i have ever seein someone defining ''desconstruction'' on 4chan even though people are often asking others to define it.
A magical moment.
>>
>>150076432
I'm pretty sure that the earliest examples of magical girl series had dark plot lines that dealt with serious matters, so Sailor Moon didn't really cover any new ground in that respect.
>>
>>150077329
It's not just about a series being "dark" or "dealing with serious matter" that makes something a deconstruction. The defining characteristic of it is breaking down wish-fulfillment tropes.

In the last arc of the Sailor Moon manga we clearly see that being a Senshi is terrible fate that results in a never ending "fight-die-fight" reincarnation cycle that helps to sustain the cosmos. This is in direct contrast to the usual tropes of the magical girl genre which has magic powers be a blessing for the girl in question, NOT a life sentence chained to the universe's will.
>>
>>150074654
Yes, and it's better than Madoka.

The sailor senshi are such a fun bunch of characters.
>>
>>150077695
Seriously. The Galaxy Cauldron was Kyubey before Kyubey even existed.
>>
>>150078652
That's because Kenzaki Shirou was Kyubey before Kyubey even existed.
>>
>>150078760
>Kenzaki Shirou

Literally who?
>>
File: Shiro_kanzaki.png (195KB, 881x497px) Image search: [Google]
Shiro_kanzaki.png
195KB, 881x497px
>>150079569
Learn your history.
Its the big bad from Kamen Rider Ryuki. The show Madoka was based on.
Kyubey was based on Kanzaki Shirou.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.