[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach (if still relevant)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: the_peak_of_the_series.png (331KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the_peak_of_the_series.png
331KB, 640x480px
when did things start going wrong? rewatching the first load of episodes i still got the expected memberberries that i get with everything else, but the artstyle, tone, and level of engagement is just completely different to the newer episodes, why is it that watching older episodes that ive literally seen before feels fresher than newer episodes that i havent?
early bleach>bleach chapter 0>zombie powder>filler seasons>middle bleach>naruto>current bleach
>>
File: Ep9GrandFisher.png (562KB, 840x626px) Image search: [Google]
Ep9GrandFisher.png
562KB, 840x626px
>>
>>150071440
>bleach
>relevant
>>
File: Ikkaku_releases_shikai.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ikkaku_releases_shikai.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 44Uryu_vs._Mayuri.png (368KB, 692x522px) Image search: [Google]
44Uryu_vs._Mayuri.png
368KB, 692x522px
member when ishida was a good guy?
>>
>>150071440
Naruto is gay as hell. I refuse to engage in serious discussion with anyone that considers it watchable.
>>
>>150071539
>insinuating anything post bleach season 9 was watchable
>>
>>150071537
I remember when Mayuri was a bad guy.
>>
>>150071805
and its still the best battle weve seen him do ever
>>
>>150071912
The pernida fight was nice, same as zombie girl(boy)
>>
Watch that youtube vid the fall of bleach. Basically hueco mundo was the exact same gotta save our friend storyline as soul society was but worse. Good and fresh up until aizen reveal then just downhill from there.
>>
It should have ended with Aizen's defeat, and at that point Kubo had already lost control of the plot, so, go figure.
>>
>>150072608
Ironically that's when I dropped it.
>>
I guess it really started going downhill in soul society arc.

Yeah it was probably the best arc and the hypest moment, but all of that steam was generated by a deal with the devil and not for free.

Introduce a 100 new characters each with their unique powers and design?
Sure, and its not too bad if you dont focus on everyone of them, nobody expects you too.

But having more than half the cast unused and completely unfleshed out is a serious problem for an ongoing series as long as bleach eventually got. And it's clear that Kubo just bit off more than he could chew with how many characters he added.

The whole soul society/shinigami look and astethic.
Was it cool? Hell yea it was, but it was because it was fresh. It was breaking away from monster of the weak standart for samurai sword battles. If we knew it would just forever replace them, I think it's a lot easier to grow tired of that.

The arc was awsome for what it's run, but kubo just said: "This works." and never did anything else for the rest of the entire run of bleach. And it suffered heavily from it.
>>
>>150071440
Naruto thread first, and then Bleach with the timeless " when it all went wrong" meme.

Wait till summer at least.
>>
>>150074205
It's Thanksgiving break for the kiddies here in 'murrica.
>>
>>150074483
I thought you people only had Thanksgiving on Thursday. You get the whole rest of the week off as well?
>>
Bleach became garbage for me after the battle in karakura arc. You wait every week for a new episode and literally nothing happens.
Of course, if you skip every filler arc because then it gets shit in the Bount arc. It was so bad.
>>
Unpopular opinion: Bleach was pretty good until the FKT arc.
>>
>>150074695
i thought it was kay for filler, in spite of VAMPIRES
>>
>>150074616
We do but classes are usually out for the week of Thanksgiving and 2 weeks for Christmas and New Years.
>>
>>150071440
It really went to shit during Hueco Mundo: too much time spent watching long fights that either didn't matter or featured characters nobody cared about because they were introduced to lose. It was basically the Soul Society rescue arc but with twice the number of characters.

And then even after the main villain lost it just. Wouldn't. END.
>>
>>150071637
>season
>>
Bleach's quality remained consistent in that it had its high highs and low lows.

People who argue that Bleach started sucking after Soul Society say so because they were entering it after marathoning the anime.

Yes the Arrancar and Hueco Mundo arcs dragged on if you were reading it weekly, but it was so much more enjoyable if you went by the Tankoban format. While it's true that the Soul Society arc is the apex of the series, I thought Arrancar and Hueco Mundo were good too.

Fullbringer arc was good but was cut too short. It wrapped things up nicely though.

Thousand Year Blood War started off very strong, had a few neat battles thrown in there, and the final battle began with a bang, and ended with a whimper. By the end Kubo just got burned out.

When you add everything up, I think Bleach remained a solid series throughout the bulk of its lifespan, but Kubo just got burned out by the end.

Bleach never changed. The fans did as our tastes and standards in anime grew.

So while I admit Bleach has its flaws, I still look at it fondly as a solid series that led me to various other anime.
>>
>>150071440
>when did things start going wrong?
How do you not know? It went wrong after it kept going once the Soul Society arc ended and saving Rukia.
>>
I only had the first six volumes (tankobons?) of Bleach, then I stopped buying it for some reason around junior high. I think the archer guy (Quincy?) just got introduced. I remember liking it well enough, when did it get really bad.
>>
>>150076049

When kubo started using the word "arrancar".
>>
>>150076236
But he's shown arrancars since ch 22
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.