[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kekkai Sensen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

Why is this so unpopular?
I thought something written by the Trigun dude would get a bit more attention
When's the Dark Horse scans?
>>
>>150017590
It was liked when it was airing
And it sold great
>>
>>150017590
for a show that relies so heavily on its characters i found them really unoriginal and shallow.Their interactions with each other also felt really forced and samey each time.
>>
>>150017590
Last ep's were delayed for how long? It killed my immersion.
>>
>>150017759
Same. Also the character design hardly had anything going on for it even if the art was good.
>vacuum suit boobs in a sausagefest
There's always one.
>>
>>150017590
Dark Horse killed most scanlations, wile taking their sweetest time to publish the manga themselves.
Anime was really popular, but hype was killed with delayed finale. I presume season 2 can't come anyway until there is enough material released, which is hard since it comes out in a monthly magazine.
>>
>>150017759
I presumed you watched anime, but haven't read the manga? Cause without the twins, the main cast besides Leo and Zapp had chance to be fleshed out better.
>>
>>150017926
Didn't the manga end already?
>>
>>150017993
No, it's still coming out in Japan, in Jump SQ.
>>
>>150018020
My bad, the magazine changed name to Jump SQ Crown.
>>
It sucked. And Trigun is mostly beloved by people with nostalgia goggles glued to their faces.
>>
>>150017590
You probably weren't watching it when it was actually airing when it ended without the last episode because they fucked up their budget and pacing.

Was looking to be the next big thing with the fujoshi and casual crowd but because the last episode thing happened, everyone just kind of forgot about it. When the final episode eventually came out months later even the subs for it took a while to come out because nobody was all that bothered any longer.
>>
>>150017926
>monthly magazine
More like 4 chapters a year.
>>
>>150018069
>the magazine changed name to Jump SQ Crown
Jump SQ didn't change its name. Jump SQ.Crown is an spin-off issue of Jump SQ. It follows a structure similar to Jump SQ.19, like: the series which only serialize in Jump SQ.Crown; the one-shots by newbies and experienced authors; and the side stories from Jump SQ. series. It is released quarterly
>>
>>150020401
I got confused a bit, yes it first came out in SQ. 19 until it got discontinued and has switched to Jump SQ. Crown, both being spin-off of Jump Square.
It's hard to keep track when they close up a magazine only to continue publishing same thing under slightly different name.
>>
Western fans didn't get over the fact that episode 12 was delayed several months.
>>
Was the OVA subbed?
>>
>>150020825
I only found it subbed in spanish
so I watched it
>>
>>150017590
I watched the last episode last month. They literally held it hostage
>>
>>150020931
where?
>>
>>150021214
It was just one of those streamed anime sites like this one http://animeid.io/Ver/49595/kekkai-sensen-ousama-no-restaurant-no-ousama-2016/dvd/
I was desperate
>>
>>150021510
Anon, right now you are the person I love most the most. Obrigado.
>>
I really like how they treated the city as if it was one of the characters. There's that 15 second long sunrise shot in the opening after all. Establishing the setting every episode was clearly a top priority.

Also, Zapp is a DILF
>>
AOTY 2015
>>
>>150023040
This.
>>
I was interested in the MCs powers and how his sister played a role but that plot tread was dropped after the first episode for mediocre episodic stories, and the ending felt like it was trying really hard to get back to the status quo (meaning no lasting change in the main cast)
>>
>>150017590
I liked it. I'd watch a second season if it ever came about. Klaus and Leonardo best boys
>>
>>150017590
It got plenty of attention while it was airing. Also that soundtrack was fucking amazing. A lot of the vocal tracks gave me that NY feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bKVjTG_7VY
>>
>>150017590
It was pretty popular when it aired but delaying the last episode for almost half a year killed all hype.
>>
>>150020825
Yes, it was subbed in english, I watched it a month or so ago on a streaming site.
>>
>>150025444
His sister appeared again in volume 10 of the manga, although her role is so far nothing more than just Leo's motivation to keep going. Kinda hard to include her overall, as she doesn't live in the city.
>>
>>150017590
monster of the week story structure.

this worked in the 90s but not now.
>>
>>150017590
Wasn't amazing but the OST is already one of the GOAT
Taisei Iwasaki needs to do more soundtracks
>>
it sucked, watched till ep 5 felt like nothing made sense, everything was forced
>>
It needed 41 minutes an episode instead of 21. It felt like the anime was missing a lot, had poor pacing, and everything felt rushed.

That being said it was still enjoyable.
>>
>>150017590
It got a great reception until the last episode was delayed by fucking 3 or so months.
That killed the interest for a lot of people.

It's also one of the anime where the anime-original parts didn't clash with everything else.
>>
>>150032366
Even the anime original ending closed everything without messing with the manga.
>>
>>150026794
You got any links or the name of the site? I'm trying my mighty best to look this up but I'm not finding anything
>>
>>150032430
Is the manga worth reading over watching the anime?
>>
>>150032676
I'm a mangafag, but I didn't really like the manga's art or the panels' action flow. One of the rare times I preferred the anime.
>>
>>150017590
>keep bumping your thread from page 10 for 9 hours
When are you going to realize this was a total shitfest and no, it wasn't 2deep4you, it was simply stupid and badly directed. I guess it could work if someone made a second season, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. As a stand alone season, it was by far the worst show of 2015.
>>
>>150032676
Both are good
But if you wanna read the manga you're gonna have to buy it or learn japanese if you don't know it already because volumes 4-9 aren't translated
>>
Bad characters designs: the anime.

The fucking white guy is LITERALLY Dante.
My name is Donte.
>>
>>150032817
ok i'm convinced
>>
>>150017926
This. It would probably be a lot more popular if there were scanlations coming out of third parties like every other popular series, but Dark Horse were jewish with the title, and then did nothing with it.
>>
https://webmshare.com/play/Ljzy0
>>
>>150033550
best part
>>
>>150017590
I really enjoyed it. It felt like it had a lot of potential and a few episodes had me dying of laughter. Delaying the last episode was really unfortunate though, by the time it aired, I was still interested but wasn't nearly as invested by then.
>>
Best ost ever
>>
I wish it was 26 episodes so it could showcase more of New York but >Bones, also I couldn't care less about the twins towards the end.
>>
>>150035117
like?
>>
>>150017590
>Why is this so unpopular?
Because it was objectively worse than Hibike! Euphonium.
>>
Were scanlations really kill for good? I bought the DarkHorse shit because it was like every 2 or 3 months but they haven't released any for over a year now as far as I know. Fuck them.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.