[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the situation with fansubbers get so bad? Been taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1458782058251.gif (239KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1458782058251.gif
239KB, 500x419px
How did the situation with fansubbers get so bad? Been taking a break from anime for a while but I just went to try a new show and 7 weeks in, HorribleSubs is still the only option. Like, where did everyone go?

Not to say I have a problem with Crunchyroll but sometimes I sure would like some OP/ED lyrics. And it's awful when the only option is Funimation because it's hardsubbed with questionable video quality.
>>
Speed is the most noticeable quality, and HS far surpasses every fansub group on that front.
>>
>>150011457
>How did the situation with fansubbers get so bad?
It didn't.
This is mostly a meme.
The golden age of fansubbers as people would probably consider the time a few years ago to be was not a time of fansubbers at all. It was a time of fan encoders. And these people noticed that anime fans don't care about super special encodes. That's why they moved on.

Fansubbing is still as alive and well as ever: Just barely. There are several shows this season that require fansubbing, and they are getting subbed.
>>
>>150012466
Newfags... newfags everywhere.

There was a time long before that when groups would translate things (badly) and people would argue endlessly about various grades of dung rated mostly by the amount of sparkly karaoke available.

It was a lot more fun back then.
>>
File: 1232.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1232.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Would you work for free while CR sub everything?

It makes sense, Why waste your time when CR insta release most stuff then you have companies like Amazon/Daisuki and others.

You'll still get some shows that need to be fansubbed but all the groups like gg UTW Elysium are dead.
>>
>>150012571
>There was a time long before that when groups would translate things (badly)
Some things. Like up to 10 shows a season, and half of them would move at one episode per month.
>>
>>150012819
gg did Macross Delta you monumental asshat.
>>
>>150012819
>Elysium
They have never subbed anything. They were a shitty BD group.
>>
File: 1253320555412.jpg (272KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1253320555412.jpg
272KB, 960x720px
I miss the days when fansubbers would only work on a whim and drop shows halfway through.
>>
>>150013912
I don't.

That said, I'm not fond of fansubbers who begrudgingly sub a show they hate. It's like, get a fucking life. Nobody's forcing you to do this. Let someone who actually cares about the show do it. Or at least someone who's getting paid and will do a good job because their livelihood is at stake.
>>
>>150011457
How did the situation with self entitled EOP scum get this obnoxious?
You get everything for free, easy and piss, yet you still complain about it. You deserve shit all, faget.
>>
>>150014154
>EOP
The fuck are you doing on /a/?
>>
>>150011457
>And it's awful when the only option is Funimation
Just wondering, what happened to those faggots? Did they just randomly die off? If I'm not mistaken WIXOSS S1 was subbed by them now all of a sudden CR has it
>>
>>150014823
CR and funi made a sharing agreement.
It was big news a while ago.
>>
>>150014823
Don't they have a deal where CR subs, and Funi dubs?
>>
I miss TL:notes
I miss when commie did joke subs like with GuP
>>
>>150014858
Brother, all of Commie's subs are joke subs.
>>
>>150014830
I was so happy when I heard that. I used to dread seeing what Funi was picking up each season because I knew I'd have to wait for someone else to do a release. Now I can just download HS. Plus it never did the industry much good to compete over this stuff - people get angry about having to pay for all these different services and resort to downloading.
>>
>>150014927
>Plus it never did the industry much good to compete over this stuff
But it did.
For a short while there, Japan was being paid almost as much as it deserved for the shows.
>>
>>150014950
Uh, what? How does any of this change what Japan is being paid?
>>
>>150014122
>someone who's getting paid and will do a good job
CR has proven this is not the case.
>>
>>150016000
You criticize CR and not Funi? Are you some sort of Funi shill?
>>
>>150016012
Does Funi sub every single show of every single season while those shows are airing?
>>
>>150012819
>gg is dead
RIP in peace. May you never sub anything again.
>>
>>150016036
NO!
>>
>>150015958
The English streaming services have to compete with each other in a bidding contest to get the rights to a show.
Lately, the prices have grown because there were so many of them, and anime is bloody lucrative to stream.

But CrunchyRoll and Funimation didn't want to compete with each other. That's why they made this deal.
>>
>>150016565
That's pretty cool of them. I always saw Funimation as this monstrous entity that consumes everything with its nigh-endless money and then proceeds to translate it poorly. Maybe I was mistaken.
>>
>>150017039
>That's pretty cool of them.
How?
Because you don't want them to give more money to Japan?
>>
>>150017075
The more money they give to Japan, the less money Japan is inclined to give to themselves. Japan needs to step up and buy some shit instead of relying on the US to bail them out.
>>
>>150017398
>pay money for products and services
>bail them out
>>
>>150017429
You realize that Japan only has nukes because of America, right?
>>
>>150018359
You realize that CR doesn't pay Toei in nuclear weapons, right?
>>
>>150018389
How the fuck would you know?
>>
>>150018401
I called them yesterday.
>>
>>150018434
Try calling Sean Hannity. Believe me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.