[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Remember when people actually liked this arc? Those were dark times.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 33

File: saga_cell_game.jpg (61KB, 299x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
saga_cell_game.jpg
61KB, 299x400px
Remember when people actually liked this arc? Those were dark times.
>>
Thats the best arc.
>>
>>149981762
Use the catalog retard
>>
>>149981826
Suck my dick /vg/
>>
>>149981762
Most suspense moment in the franchise.
>>
>>149981762
Indeed. I can't stand cell arc. It has the best concept, but it's just so poorly executed that it pisses me off.

>Gohan taking up the mantle?
Great.
>Not focusing on gohan AT ALL until post-time chamber?
A completely fucked way of handling it. Additionally, going the "I don't want to fight anyone" route doesn't really work when you think about how gohan acts after the saiyan arc. He's super gung ho about fighting frieza and is up for fighting the androids. So, it makes no sense that his character shifts so drastically in order to keep the transformation dramatic.

The entire situation surrounding Cell's absorption of the androids was also awful. If he was such a big threat, why did they even bother fighting android 17 whose energy CANNOT BE FELT AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE SEARCHED?

Goku can teleport virtually ANYWHERE, so there is ZERO REASON to fight them until Vegeta and Trunks leave the time chamber. Hell, Goku could've teleported the androids away while Tien and Piccolo were doing their things vs Imperfect Cell.

It's worse since Cell is the only arc that tries to take itself 100% seriously, so these flaws become way more glaring than if it were half comedy like Buu or have a bunch of comedic bits and odd character quirks sprinkled throughout that make it flow like Namek.
>>
People don't like the Android/Cell Saga anymore?
>>
>>149981826
This is DBZ not DBS.
>>
>>149982052
Nope.
>>
>>149981762
>Everything could have been prevented years before it happened but happens anyway exclusively because of MUH SAIYAN BATTLE JUNKIE PRIDE
Goddamned monkeys.
>>
>>149981762
That's the last good arc of dbz
>>
I liked it for Cell.
>>
Android/Cell arc was the best outside of Namek.

Also, I prefer that it took itself almost 100% seriously. It fit what's going on much better than what Super is trying to do. In fact, most of DBZ (non-filler) took itself very seriously when it came to villains and fights, until goofy-ass childlike Majin Buu came along. And guess what? He was the worst of the main villains.

Fight me, you contrarian fucks.
>>
Cell was a good antagonist (not villain).
>>
File: 1435019414887.jpg (96KB, 540x669px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435019414887.jpg
96KB, 540x669px
>>149982219
A lot of people liked that arc, you're not really taking a bold stance there
>>
it sucked
>>
>>149982256
Barely anybody likes the Cell arc.
>>
>>149982229
lol
>>
>>149981762
It was actually pretty hype until Cell started voring cyborgs, Satan being the only saving grace after that.
>>
>>149984298
here I am!
>>
>>149981762
>>149982136
I think both of these sagas are great.

In fact, lately I've been thinking about Buu saga, I actually find myself enjoying it more as time goes. Not to mention great animation.
>>
Cell saga is amazing. Has the best fights, story, and character designs in the entire series.
>>
File: AA_cover_art.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AA_cover_art.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149982229
Goku is a good protagonist who is not a hero.

Him saving Earth is a side-effect of beating strong guys who get him excited.

First time he actually fought specifically to save the Earth was Buu Saga.
>>
>>149985084
Nah man. That shit got me hard as a kid when I saw 18 getting it.
>>
>>149982027
Gohan was not gung ho to fight frieza because he had a boner for combat. He wanted to fight him because freeza was a threat to him and a million others. The shit he pulled just pissed gohan off. Same with the androids. He wanted to save the earth not enjoy fighting.

Piccolo fought 17 to kill him and prevent cell from absorbing him.
>>
>>149981762
It's still better than Buu's and anything in Super/GT.
>>
>>149986379
>First time he actually fought specifically to save the Earth was Buu Saga.
And that was after fucking up a lot of times beacause he didn't want to save the Earth and let the next generation do the job.
>>
>>149987449
The Buu Saga is full retard anyway.
>Buu is so strong! He killed Majin Vegeta, who is my equal now! Fusion is the only way to win!
>LOL jk, I can go SSJ3
>LOL I could've killed Buu as SSJ3 but I didn't do it because I want to let the next generation do the job even though I still get all the limelight

The Buu Saga is where Toriyama starts breaking down. To compare it to Star Wars, Buu saga is Toriyama's Return of the Jedi: still solid, still feels like it belongs with the original but with just enough flaws that they can't be overlooked and a harbinger of things to come.
>>
>>149987449
>Building up Gotenks as Earth's final line of defense
>He's a meme
>Gohan's "I am here to kill you" moment
>Can't catch an earring
Goku is smarter than we are giving him credit for. Pic related is exactly how he felt.
>>
>>149986409
It doesn't go to shit because of the voring, it's just the point where the arc starts sucking badly.
>>
>>149987449
Still better than MUH SAIYAN PRIDE.

And Goku actually is proven right time and after time. Look at how everyone became a jobber and only he and Vegeta are the ones who keep at it. More and more stronger and more dangerous things keep popping up and had it not been for them everyone would be dead 10 times over already.

No wonder he gave up on his family and decided to fuck off with Uub.

There's also Pan too who's like the first half-breed that finally inherited the battle junkie saiyan genes. Just took him two generations.
>>
>>149986304
Said no one ever.
>>
>>149981762
That's the best arc.
>>
>>149981762

Goku versus Cell is legit my favorite fight in the entire serie, mostly because of the respect factor involved.
>>
>>149989371
If you're retarded, sure.
>>
The franchise should have ended with Frieza's defeat on Namek.

That said, Android/Cell Sagas were worth it for 18.
>>
>>149990319
In the end Krillin won.
>>
>>149981762
It was good for side characters. It was the last moment side characters like Piccolo and Ten Shinhan are relevant and even Android 16 gets a pretty great fight.
>>
If you think about it, Cell is probably the character with the most potential (in terms of power) in all of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>149990848
If you think about it, nobody cares.
>>
Buu Saga should've followed Toriyama's original ideas and have Goten take up his father's role. When you look at the Z fighters, Goten looks so out of place.
>>
Everything after Frieza is shit but Cell/the Androids is definitely the shittest.
>>
>>149991004
Goten was a mistake and no one knows what to do with him. He's little more than Trunks' fusion material.

Which is a shame because he's kid who spent least time with Goku, in fact, he first met him only when he was 8.
>>
>>149991261
Exactly.
>>
>>149981826
Go fuckyourself you turd.
>>
Perfect Cell barely qualified as a villain once he achieved perfection. Destroying the army that attacked him was self defense and he only really caused some mischief when he took over the TV stations.
>>
>>149981762
>not liking the best arc
lol faggot
>>
>>149991905
Did you forget the part where he wanted to kill everyone on the planet for shits and giggles if he won the Cell Games or something? I swear the "did nothing wrong" meme has gotten out of hand.
>>
>>149992237
He only tried to self destruct and kill everyone when he reverted back to Semi-perfection. Perfect Cell is a higher form of being beyond petty villainy.
>>
>>149992374
>being a Cell fanboy
I don't understand this meme. Regardless, it was Perfect Cell who announced the Cell Games and laid out the rules.
>>
>>149992687
I'm not a Cell fanboy. I just recognize that Perfect Cell's actual acts of villainy is a tiny list. Call it bad writing. Call it an atypical antanogist. It doesn't matter.

Cell Games was just there to force people to face him at their peak of power. It is a fucking tournament. Literally nothing wrong with that. Perfect Cell is just Goku level obsessiveness with fighting without Goku level innocence. Semi-perfect Cell is a paranoid coward willing to kill himself and everyone else if he fails.
>>
The Android/Cell arc was the worst thing to ever happen to DB.
>>
>>149993208
Imperfect Cell knew he was out-powered by almost every relevant character, and played it safe and smart until he was strong enough to catch Android 17 and a weakened Piccolo by surprise and then absorb the former. Semi-perfect Cell was a cocky, brash asshole obsessed with eating 18, until Vegeta appeared and kicked his ass, but still smart enough to manipulate and fool a Saiyan with the promise of a good fight. Perfect Cell was basically a (even more) sociopathic Saiyan who gave two shits about anything that wasn't having fun testing his new powers, unless he actually met someone powerful enough to make him his bitch, in which case he went nuts. Super Perfect Cell had simply gone off the deep end after Gohan humiliated him, and went kinda nuts as a result.
>>
>>149994518
You're kinda nuts.
>>
>>149993208
Dude, Cell is Cell, semi or perfect are just transformations. It's pointless to differentiate between each transformation's "acts of villainy".
>>
Why didn't Goku just teleport Cell into the Time-Chamber?
>>
>>149987043
Right and so what was preventing him from fighting cell who, you know, was threatening to destroy everyone ok the planet and the universe?
>>
>>149995538
He definitely fought but for him to really lose his shit and crush someone he has to get angry. Otherwise hell fight for sure but hell still have his inhibitions. Thats why cell was trying to push his buttons.
>>
>two humans with some Red Ribbon tech in them manage to surpass the evil galactic emperor feared across the universe for his power
Fucking stupid
>>
>>149993918

I'd that this is arguable...

Although, it's for certain that it set the stage for complete dominance by the Saiyans and their transformations though, and it unfortunately resulted in the rest of the cast being unimportant. At this point, only Piccolo has some semblance of importance, and it's mainly due to how wise he is due to having fused with Kami.
>>
>>149981762


Hide and seek Cell was pretty shit, and then the good guys making terrible choices through the entire arc.
>>
>>149995909
No in he manga Gohan literally says he refuses to fight cell. But as we can tell from previous arcs gohan has no real problem with fighting for the sake of others. This plot point was only used so the transformation would be more dramatic but in reality it was just poorly written
>>
>>149982027
>Hell, Goku could've teleported the androids away while Tien and Piccolo were doing their things vs Imperfect Cell.

androids don't have power levels so he wouldn't be able to sense them.

Also, Goku is a saiyan and most likely secretly wanted to challenge Perfect Cell.
>>
where is all this cell saga hate coming from?

Cell saga to me was the best saga, hands down. You could tell this was the last serious arc and all the characters got awesome fight scenes. Nothing beats Tien, whos clearly outclassed in every way in this arc keeping cell fused with 17 down until 18 can flee. Piccolos hellzone grenade was the shit. Vegeta's Final flash was a fucking cannon. Goku's instant transmission kamehameha was great. And nothing beats Gohan turning SSJ2 for the first time and showing glimpses of it in the hyperbolic time chamber. When he's been beat the hell out of by Goku and says "wait...lets keep going!" and flashes that inner potential we've seen thoughout the series and then when he just snapped and ran though Cell for a while....The shit. I love how he doesn't even flinch when Cell shoots a kamehameha at him and calmly shoots the biggest kamehameha to date.

Say what you want, cell saga was a great end to the series. Buu saga was pure shit, but cell saga was classic DBZ with an amazing ending. If only Gohan had actually taken over instead of becoming a total jobber...
>>
>>149997392
All I remember is he was fighting cell and he literally told him he could only bring out all his hidden potential when enraged. I remember them fighting. He went into the ring and fought him. Youre misremembering.
>>
>>149982027
Gohan was supposed to be the new protag but retards wanted Goku back
>>
>>149987568
>I could've killed Buu as SSJ3
This part is wrong. He admits that Buu wasn't using his full power.
>>
>>149998157
Who the fuck likes Gohan? He shit even before growing up.
>>
OG Fat Buu = Super Buu and the only difference is that Super Buu has full control of his power. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>149987668
>Gohan's "I am here to kill you" moment
this, the buu arc was the death of every character that wasn't goku that was gohans last chance and he fucked it up
I enjoyed the cell arc dbz could of legit ended there
>smug cell
>Android 17 vs Piccolo
>The androids in general
>Vegeta being cool but still getting cucked
>ssj2
>Goku not killing the threat
>Goku getting checked by Piccolo for being a shit dad
why don't you guys like the arc and which one is the best in all of z
>>
>>149998969
Fuck off, everyone liked Gohan in the cell arc. He only lost fans because he stopped training and is now weak as shit.
>>
>>149997392
Gohan doesn't refuse to fight Cell, he just says he doesn't want to, which is perfectly in line with his character. I doubt he was thrilled about all of the battles on Namek.
>>
File: _Foreskin_Vore.jpg (27KB, 623x334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
_Foreskin_Vore.jpg
27KB, 623x334px
>>149981762
I remember when I didn't like it all that much.
Dragon Ball Super is so fucking bad however, that it has given me new appreciation for all of DB/Z and even GT.
>>
>>149997392
Gohan didn't refuse to fight, he just didn't want to use his full powers because he had little control over them and was worried what he would do with them.

And in the end he was correct, his lack of control almost got the entire planet destroyed.
>>
>>149986379
>who is not a hero.
>Him saving Earth is a side-effect of beating strong guys who get him excited.

This is a load of horseshit. Goku was more than willing to fight to help people and protect earth independently of whether he could get a good fight or not.

Read Dragon Ball sometime.
>>
File: ghghg.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ghghg.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>149981762
I'm gonna post some screenshots and maybe some posters of my favorite art of DBZ.

I really liked Cell saga and Namek saga style art. Saiyan Saga was a bit TOO 80s for me, it was Hokuto no Ken as fuck.

Cell saga in my opinion had the best style of art ... and yes I know that's the saga where Superfags get all their handful of "bad" drawings.

Side note: Dragonball died when they reduced the size of everyone's hair.
>>
>>149981762

That arc was literally 10/10 until Gohan started fighting.
>>
>>150003267

Superbly done fight scene. Hardly see this nowadays in the anime industry since it's geared to cuteness.

1 reason why Namek will be one of my favorite arcs.
>>
>>149984298

This isn't true at all, most people love that arc. The ones that hate it are a vocal minority.
>>
Saiyan>Cell>Namek>Androids
>>
>>150003392
A perfect summary of DBZ during Dragonballs' zenith.

The darkness representing the maturity of the anime, the light representing the raw power of the heroes.
>>
>>150003467

Such shit taste. The Androids where the most exciting refreshing villains in DBZ. Their character design alone was one of the best.
>>
File: 1476836470063.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476836470063.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqjt8928kT4&t=1h09m17s
>>
File: Vegeta jobs.webm (1MB, 1713x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vegeta jobs.webm
1MB, 1713x640px
>>150003568

Also, the Android saga had one of my favorite fights where Vegeta got BTFO the hardest.
>>
>>150003509
One reason that DBZ excelled was their wise use of repeated frames.

Lightning fast battles used the same few frames to give a realistic fight at high speed, saving time and money to create better quality art and animation for other scenes.

DB Super was all over the place ... they tried to do too much with too little time.
>>
File: x9sOwXp.jpg (1001KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
x9sOwXp.jpg
1001KB, 2592x1944px
>>150003509

old DBZ promo art was awesome
>>
File: goku namek.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
goku namek.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150003666
I'm going to congratulate myself on this trips.

Now. Another uses of a still frame but only Freeza moves a tiny bit, smoke frames repeat as usual, while Goku is VERY well drawn and yet still, saving money and losing NO quality of art.

>>150003635
kek someone actually made this
>>
>>149997908
People are fucking retarded man, fuck em. Android/Cell really was the best saga.
>>
>>150003811
Aand I'll congratulate myself on these wonderful dubs.

Here is another very epic poster art.

The feel that DBZ is giving you is oozing from the art..

>>150003788
No doubt about it.
>>
>>150003984
>>150003788
>>150003509

Any of you guys have that promo pic of goku in frieza saga torn clothes just after going super saiyan?

I learned to draw people with that.
>>
>>150003984

the Hit Song collection CDs also have god-tier art.
>>
it's a really bland arc before cell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdRRgfgeVUg
>>
>>150003984
The artist did a magnificent job rendering Vegeta.

It seems Toei can't hope to compete with it's past self, even in still frames.
>>
>>150003788
Now if only there was a perfect torrent of Dragon Ball Z out there
>>
>>150004122
The QUALITY of yesterday's DBS was really on a tier of it's own.
>>
File: 588291_4420_front.jpg (35KB, 270x483px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
588291_4420_front.jpg
35KB, 270x483px
>>150004157

you mean of episodes or art?
>>
>>150003984
God, that color palette, beautiful.
>>
>>150004049
Could it be this one?

There's a lot of promo art (thankfully of course).

>>150004066
Made by the same talented artist. You could guess that their skills grew as the anime went on.

Super is 60+ episodes in .. we see nominal improvement. Besides Vegito having 7 fucking fingers as he uses goku's teleportation technique.
>>
>>150004221
episodes. DBNL's is good though so I can't complain
>>
>>150004241
>Could it be this one?

Nah, just found it actually thanks.
>>
File: UBLLuAA.jpg (980KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
UBLLuAA.jpg
980KB, 2592x1944px
>>150004241
>Made by the same talented artist.

Most likely, would like to know his or her name.
>>
>>149995408
you would know if you actually read Dragon Ball
>>
>>150004241
How many of the original animators who worked on DBZ are working on Super? I heard one of them worked on Resurrection F.
>>
File: mX3xY.jpg (43KB, 418x382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mX3xY.jpg
43KB, 418x382px
>>150004218
The whole DBZ era was beautiful, anon.

>>150004324
No problem, thanks for sharing this one with us.

>>150004341
I actually read the name and forgot, even the guys at kanzenshuu DOT com had trouble figuring it out.
>>
I don't know why you faggots started this hate towards the cell arc, it was the best fucking arc, and it has the best moment of the whole franchise, gohan transforming into SS Phase 2 is the hypiest moment of DBZ, and honestly that single moment just makes every second of the already cool arc worth it, and the way Toriyama handled the multi timeline thing was super reasonable and made a lot of sense, unlike now with Dragon Ball Super were he fucking just went full bioshock infinite and decided to asspull the living fuck out of the arc. No but seriously if not this one, which is the best arc? Namek saga is good and goku transforming into SS is cool too, but I don't think it was as good as having gohan BTFO Cell. Buu saga was meh, powerlevel after powerlevel that really wasn't consistent and Super has been nothing but comedy being honest.
>>
>>150003788

Anyone have the pic of Trunks on the upper-right in bigger quality? I've been collecting DB art for decades now, and this is the first time I see that one, bad ass.
>>
File: 1443664096724.jpg (195KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443664096724.jpg
195KB, 1520x1080px
>>149981762
You are all complaining about the androids/cell saga while you praise DBS/Black saga?
>>
>>150004504
I don't hate the Cell Arc but almost everything about your post is wrong.

Though I'll admit, even the bad time travel from DBZ is rock solid bulletproof logic compared to DBS's fullretardese.
>>
>>149996701
This statement always grinds my gears.
We know for a fact that cell has some of freeza's Genes. We know freeza came to earth in a fucking cyborg form. Obviously Girou raided Freeza's corpse and got all that delicious alien tech.
>>
>>150004530
>
>>
>>150004504
>after powerlevel that really wasn't consistent
What wasn't? I don't remember any egregiously inconsistent moments in DBZ's buu saga, but I could be misremembering stuff. Or I'm just desensitized by Super's complete disregard of logic, coherence or consistency.
>>
>>149997908
this
>>
>>149981762
I still like all of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Namek is my favorite, but all the arcs are great.
>>
>>150004709
>>149997908

This: >>150003601
Specifically, the 1h09m18s mark.
>>
File: trunks vegeta.jpg (360KB, 1900x1009px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trunks vegeta.jpg
360KB, 1900x1009px
>>150004433
I read that it's just one guy and I'm not even sure he's an artist this time.
>>
>>
File: cellposting.png (128KB, 828x972px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cellposting.png
128KB, 828x972px
>>
>>150004777
Dat perfect jackpot
>>
File: perfect cell smile.gif (509KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
perfect cell smile.gif
509KB, 500x281px
>>
>>150003601
>>150004768
Why should I give a fuck what this faggot thinks? He has an issue with Gohan's hair?
>It makes him insufferable to me
Lol fuck off.
>>
File: golden god cell.png (417KB, 368x654px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
golden god cell.png
417KB, 368x654px
>>
>>150004886
Because he's extremely right about what he says, hair aside.

Go on, try to prove him wrong.
>>
>>150004525

try searching here:

http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/
>>
>>150004687
I didn't like how they handled buu's powerlevel, fat MB was fine "invincible" rubber pos that is super strong, but then Evil Buu was kinda weird how he was stronger than Fat buu, but ok let's just say that it's fine, afterwards I have no problems with him getting stronger if he absorbs someone, makes sense honestly, super kayosama's ability to unlock inner power seemed stupid to me since namek saga but I can deal with that, the one thing I can't deal with is kid buu, I don't know if I skipped the explanation or if I just don't remember, but I find kid buu to be the most bullshit way to give a villian a powerlevel, so the moment he deabsorbs everything he becomes the strongest? then why did he started absorbing in the first place? I just don't get it.
>>
>>150004930
He's taking an issue with a common anime trope of the main character going through a catharsis moment and reaching a new level of power. If he hates it so fucking much then I assume he hates the Frieza arc as well? I'm not going to prove him wrong cause it's his opinion. He's perfectly entitled to it. Just don't expect me to give a shit. If you have an opinion on why you dislike something then you say it. Don't let some fag on YouTube speak for you.
>>
>>150004525

Found it:
>>
>>150004934

Nope, searched under the trunks hashtag but doesn't have that pic.

Thanks for the link anyway.
>>
>>150005045
Nah, he's explaining clearly why it was poorly done even disregarding the fact that it was a trope he doesn't like.

Still, I guess you're entitled to your opinion that apparently a robot liking birds is what REALLY makes Gohan mad.
>>
>>150003267
>>150003267
>Dragonball died when they reduced the size of everyone's hair.
Of all the things that have ever been done to ruin Dragon Ball as a series. This one hurts the most. Just so fucking much.
>>
>>150005128

Awesome anon! Thanks!
>>
>>150005160

See
>>150005128
>>
>>150005128
Trunks and 18 had such detailed hair back then.
>That blue-haired redesign with the simplified shit hair

Fuck.
>>
Love the outfit Goku is wearing here
>>
>>150004582
I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but for that matter I think all of DBZ is good in its own way, we have goku vs vegeta in the saiyan arc, super saiyan shenanigans in the Namek saga plus the genkidama and of course, 5 MINUTES, we have a lot in cell saga, goku's presumable death, cyber frieza (although he got btfo), androids menace, cell plottwist, super saiyan 2 and super vegeta being a cocky motherfucker, cell games, gohan transforming, one handed kamehameha common man it was so good. Finally buu saga, we have a lot here too, fusions, goten and trunks, all the buu's shenanigans, ss3, vegito, and the super ultra big genkidama, mr satan or hercule w/e the fuck you know it as basically saving the galaxy.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking but I really can't hate dbz.
>>
>>150004640
What corpse? Trunks sliced him up into itty-bitty pieces and then vaporized them.
>>
>>150005254
I don't love the outfit but I love that they brought back his stick. His stick was so fucking cool in DB. Losing it was a mistake.
>>
>>150005284
Obviously trunks sucks at his job
>>
>>150005284
Someone didn't watch RoF.
>>
>>150005336

he uses it in dead zone
>>
File: THEN NOW.png (2MB, 2236x2076px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
THEN NOW.png
2MB, 2236x2076px
>>150005220
>>
>>150005185
>apparently a robot liking birds is what REALLY makes Gohan mad.
Well, think of it like this. He's still in shock from everything else that happened, right? Android 16 is supposed to be the antagonistic character with a good heart who redeems himself, and he was killed before he could be redeemed. It makes sense that something like that, which appeals to Gohans sense of justice and his sensitivity, would break the state of shock he was in from years of seeing his friends and family get brutally beaten and killed. Now, Gohan is not actually my favorite character and the Cell arc was one that I had trouble enjoying when I first watched it, but that scene was definitely good.

Actually, what really pisses me off about the Cell arc is the total undermining of Friezas defeat in thew previous arc. It was such a fucking amazing arc, and that final battle especially was great. I still can't accept his "real" defeat even today. Also, ever reviving Frieza was a mistake, he was a great villain who deserved to stay dead in glorious defeat.
>>
>>150005508
At least on the right he isn't built like a fucking fridge.
>>
>>150005626
But anon, I like the right side.
>>
>>150005284
Wrong timeline, m8.
>>
>>150004897
Who the fuck could defeat THAT?
>>
>>149990848
> Next time on Dragonball Super
> Resurrection C
> Golden Cell
> Shoots 7 Golden Dragonballs out of his tail
> Sends 7 Golden Cell Juniors to collect them
> Challenge Goku and Vegeta to a race across the universe to collect them
> His wish is to become the Perfect God
>>
>>149981795
>t. Gohanfag
>>
>>149986379
Love this meme
>>
>>149990848
No shit, he was made to have everyone's best tricks
logically
>Namekian Warrior Fusion, Regeneration, and body stretching/growing
>Freeza Race's transformation power up
>Saiyan race golden key super form power ups
Honestly he's Ichigo as a villain.
>>
>>149991261
Are we counting only canon here?
Because GT gives it some good competition

Although I have a confession to make
I liked GT better than Cell Saga
>>
>>149993918
Agreed
>>
>>149996701
This and
>The stupid "Dr.Gero was always the leader of RRA not Commander Red lol" retcon
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>150005284
BTFO

>>150005379
>retcon shit
>mattering
>>
>>149997908
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>149999569
>everyone liked Gohan in the cell arc.
I hated Gohan in the Cell arc
Fucking angsty teen faggot getting bullshit power-up's left and right..FUCK THIS SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE FAGGOT WITH NO PERSONALITY

THE ONLY REASON YOU FAGGOTS LIKE HIM IS BECAUSE YOU SELF INSERTED AS HIM YOU FUCKING BETA'S
>>
>>150003267
>TOO 80s
>implying that's a bad thing
DBZ started to suck in the 90s and you know it
>>
>>150003568
This. Goddamn was the android saga good...till fuccboi and krillians cocksleeve was brought in.

You know what, the only thing those two idiots brought to the table was the best fight in the imperfect cell saga and the best porn to ever come out of DBZ respectively.

They could have easily kept those two out of the series and had imperfect cell mutate and transform from simply eating people across the world. THAT would be more interesting.
As a matter of fact him eating Yamcha and maybe Tien to help complete his final form would have been tits AND fucking unbelievably creepy.
>>
>>150003509
You post in DaizEX(Kanzenshuu) don't you?
>>
>>150004504
I don't know why you Gohanfags are so autistic
Cell saga stinks and ruined the series period
>>
>>150006878
I really don't dude. Their site just comes up on google's reverse image searches at times.
>>
Best part of the cell arc now after watching super
>>
>>150004066
> it's mid 00s
> pop in Cooler's Revenge tape
> Drowning Pool kicks off the movie

Funimation figured out the same shit Vince McMahon did with wrestling. Oh to be a teenager again.
>>
>>150007062
I remember reading somebody posting similar opinion to yours there
>>
>>150007067
There was no best part
Everything sucked
>>
>>150004941
Kid Buu was weakest but completely unrestrained.
>>
>164 posts
>68 posters

Proof that people who hate the Cell saga are an obnoxious vocal minority.

Go ahead and reply to this post. When the poster count doesn't go up, it'll confirm what samefagging retards you are.
>>
>>149986379
you're as dumb as christopher braathen.
>>
>>150006579
That was never retconned, Gero was just an ex-RR scientist butthurt at Goku because the monkey kid defeated the RR Army's plans of conquering the world.
>>
>>150002907
Quit spreading that lie. Gohan not once showed a fear of his power, even in the Cell Games. You're only giving those who think he was OoC more ammunition.

All it was is that he was overwhelmed by the sudden pressure and responsibility placed on him, and when he figured out that his hidden power was what Goku was banking on, he tried to scare Cell away since he couldn't bring it out at will.
>>
>>150004941
Kid Buu was his original, unrestrained, self.
He's a singleminded fighting machine who's the greatest fighter in the entire universe.


He litteraly outfought goku and only held back because he was having a shitload of fun.
When Goku started to get worn out and his attacks ceased to entertain he started to get seriously pissed and fight him in earnest.


Mystic Gohan would have easily flash fried him in a nanosecond though.
>>
>>150007087
Well he's right anyway.
>>
>>150004941
Wasn't kid buu not the strongest form, just the most fucked up. Like kid buu was just pure sadistic kill em all evil with nothing holding him back like ego or just dumb innocence
>>
Please don't start another "strongest Buu" debate.
>>
>>150003568
That scene gave me a boner
>>
It never really ended.
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 33


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.