[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re:Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 659
Thread images: 175

File: IMG_2482.png (917KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2482.png
917KB, 1536x2048px
The first half of the series was pretty good imo (EP 1-12). But EP13 is where I notice things starting to go downhill. Why does Subaru become so idiotic? I honestly have no idea what the director was thinking - completely nullifying his collective character development up until now.
>>
Nice screenshot.
>>
Keep watching and then read the novels at translator chicken's website to know what really happens at the end of episode 25
>>
>>149851840
>what really happens

Just tl;dr us you twat. You should know everyone who watches anime is too lazy and/or not interested in reading black and white shit.
>>
>>149851832
thanks
>>
>>149851810
Because he really didn't move past his biggest flaw. This is supposed to be his low point.
>>
>>149851925
The end where Subaru confesses to half elf isnt technically the end of that arc. Rem and Crusch are heavily injured from fighting two archbishops that appear (this is after Subaru makes his gay little Im your hero speech to Rem and leave and around the same time that Subaru is fighting Betelgeuse). Crusch loses her memories and Rem is left comatose which Subaru later finds out. Also, everyone loses their memories of Rem except for Subaru. The following arcs that the author has written so far involves Subaru trying to heal Rem and bring her back intact.
>>
>>149852063
His biggest flaw that is?
>>
File: 23526236276274.jpg (28KB, 576x85px) Image search: [Google]
23526236276274.jpg
28KB, 576x85px
>>149851810
>I don't understand the director
>>
File: Dying Man.gif (316KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Dying Man.gif
316KB, 540x304px
>>149851840
>what really happens
>>
>>149851810
It gets better at around 18, but honestly those 5 episode were completely unnecessary. His biggest flaw in those episodes was being retarded, not "being nice but in a roundabout selfish way" which seemed to be what they were going for.
>>
I wish people would stop making threads about episodes when they're half way through a completed series.
>>
>>149852158
Did you watch episode 18? Or the scene in the OP? He's hollow because of his recluse loser life and sought his own gratification above all else.
>>
>>149852306
There was also the angle that he had no skills to help his friends with even with the time looping. Because holing up in your room all day and skipping school won't leave you with the skills required to deal with the real world let alone a life or death fantasy one.
>>
Can someone explain to me what Emilia is thinking?

From her perspective:

>Subaru shows up, immediately figures out where the thief is, and manages to locate her extremely valuable brooch while taking only some healable damage.
>Within the next 3 days, (while recovering) he manages to to immediately and actively deal with an external threat that threatened the lives of hundreds while getting both maids to fall in love with him

>Then, after kind of acting like an idiot once at court, she sees him as some kind of incompetent, embarrassing liability.

From her perspective he is essentially Galahad. We know how stupid he is, but really she has no reason have a low opinion of him whatsoever.
>>
>>149852415
>both maids to fall in love with him

Ram isnt interested in him like that.

And you're right about Emilia. It strengthens the argument of Rem being best girl over her since Emilia doesnt have faith in Subaru like Rem does - who knows that Subaru is lying about some stuff and that he cant talk about his Return by death ability but she has faith in him regardless.
>>
>>149852415
>fictional character
>thinking
>>
>Character is established and developed in a certain way
>Sudden plot twist: The character lies to himself and is an hypocrite even though there was no sign of it whatsoever before that point
>For some reason, the viewers were expected to know this and this is considered "character development". Weaboos on myanimelist praise it as the second coming.
>Every shitty anime ever
>>
>>149852415
He was acting like an absolute idiot at what would be one of the most crucial moments of her life, not to mention his unusual interest towards her during the aforementioned events.

>>149852578
It's an implication of thought, not a literal statement. Don't take it too seriously.
>>
>Is completely stupid and horrible at using his power
>Cries to Rem about how he just can't do it, he can't handle all this shit, how he has "tried everything" which is like 2 things.
>Gets pep talk from Rem
>Immediately has all the answers, just knows what to do now, doesn't even die several times and try various things, just fucking knows exactly how to win

Oh okay
>>
>>149852733
It's almost as if he's human and can feel depressed and discouraged like anyone else!
>>
>>149852775
Aw shit I didn't know that if I got encouraged I would gain the ability to see the future and know everything!
>>
>>149852733
He took the words from Crusch and Anastasia to heart in that one failed loop and just did what they told him he should have done. If you want extra pacing breaking loops there's always the rough draft as fuck Web Novel.

>>149852802
Quite literally his power at a price.
>>
>>149852733
Biggest mistake in this entire series was mishandling return by death. Its obviously a power best used for datamining through a high number of repetitions.

I know the author intorduces a plot device to make this bad, but its just no fun when the MC isn't going to abuse his respawn ability.
>>
>>149852415
You're thinking like Subaru is desu.

>knew none of that shit in the first loop
>he was quite literally some rando who claimed to be buying back her amulet for her
>shielded her at the right moment against Elsa, but Reinhardt did all the work otherwise
>uses his reward to become a servant
>starts breaking down on his second or third day of work
>somehow knows about suspicious activity in the village
>gets chewed on by dogs
>(Emilia learns about the following later)
>follows Ram into the forest to deal with Rem
>Roswaal comes back and does all the work
>he just called attention to the problem and put Rem on the path to valuing her life outside of being a Ram wannabe (something not related to Emilia)
>also only Rem loves him

now recently
>clearly has no idea about the politics in this world
>is only coming along to see cat trap doctor
>nearly falls out of carriage due to goofing off (is part of a full chapter, he almost fucking dies)
>wanders off to dick around with Priscilla after you give him shit not to wander off
>after these two incidents you tell him he can't come to the castle and there's not reason for him to be there
>he does it anyway even when you tell him no
>makes a big scene in front of everyone
>worst case scenario of him coming along happens

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>149852733
But he didn't? His goal was to stop the Witch Cult and if you account for that he had to die to solve that even after the whale. He also knew from earlier loops that the faction he was staying with was going to hunt the whale but didn't have the one piece of info he had to die for. Why do these greentexter critics suck at watching shows?
>>
>>149852843
Despite being blatantly obvious, they want the audience to refrain from thinking of that ideal. Imagine the pain of literally dying just to find out what clothes Emilia wears on the date. Ironically, it would be absolutely no fun if the MC abuses the respawn ability.
>>
>>149852158
He was always doing everything for himself and nobody else. That's his lowest point and then he changes due to it, it's a character arc.
>>
watched it with my gf and we argued about rem vs emilia. I prefer rem, emilia looks like a cold fucking bitch who will never suck a cock. i bet rem could swallow all day long with a smile on her face.
who do you prefer?
>>
>>149852938
Arc after the anime explores this. Every time he goes meta in some way it ends up straining the relationships of those around him and there's an AU where signing a deal with the devil (Echidna specifically) has made him nigh sociopathic and ultra perfectionist. It's a soft bad end because in a lot of ways he does succeed, but it's another story for those around him and he's not really ever going to be happy. It's kind of a middle a finger to taking the power too far.
>>
>>149852938
I'd imagine one can become fairly proficient at painless means of death when you get multiple attempts. A swan dive from a tower would probably be relatively painless. Not to mention he dies painlessly in his sleep, something which is totally manageable if he used poison. But I get that the author just didn't want to do this.

I disagree about it being more fun this way. As it stands, it just feels like a generic action fantasy except subaru gets a few more goes at it than the average NEET. Its much more fun to see a character use his power to come up with a novel solution, more practical/interesting than you would have been able to. Something like Liar Game, wherein you know the character will win, but are intrigued by how he will do it. As it stands, I know Subaru will win most of the time, and how it does it is dull.
>>
>>149853074
Absolutely true.

Well phrased.
>>
File: remsubarueggs.png (79KB, 421x476px) Image search: [Google]
remsubarueggs.png
79KB, 421x476px
>>149853000

I have the same.
I prefer Rem, my gf prefers Emilai ( because durr long hair ), but since she's not at episode 15 yet she has'nt gotten the feels bomb yet.

She'll cosplay Rem soon enough
>>
File: Trap Nya.jpg (77KB, 679x960px)
Trap Nya.jpg
77KB, 679x960px
>>149853182
I'm gonna cosplay Ferris
>>
>>149853217
are you a boy(girl) or a girl(boy)
>>
>>149853267
Boy(girl)
But I'll cosplay the Knight uniform not the dress
>>
>>149853074
It's a hard balancing act because you could just cut out dying as the trigger altogether at that point if it were that kind of looper story. Making death the trigger was pretty intentional and that's to make it as unpleasant and involuntary as possible. He doesn't even manage his "savepoints" and he got dicked over by an updated savepoint right when arc 3 ended. The story tries not treat it as a fun thing and it caused him a lot of grief in another often overlooked way. His angst in the early part of arc 2 was due to Ram and Rem not remembering him anymore. It's unfortunately not like groundhog day where you live out the same 24 hours but often 72 or more. With no fast forwards. Looking back on it a lot of the mansion arc was an extreme scenario of not being able to set the same social flags you did the first time around and it only getting worse from there. It's all a matter of taste though but I can see what the story was going for.
>>
>>149853267
>>149853313
Wait no sorry I bit my tongue: girl(boy)
>>
>>149851810
Agree, in first 12 eps hes just over his head, but hes not mentally retarded.
But from then on he gets ether stupid or smart depending on what the plot demands from him

Also i hate how it goes forma mystery series to some fgrand overwarching plot nobody could give 2 shits about

>>149852063
>This is supposed to be his low point.
funny, i would think the series low point was the whale fight
Subaru goes form an incompetent clown into a veteran warrior in half a day
>>
File: Emilia pretty.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Emilia pretty.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
Emilia is so much better than Rem it's not even funny.
>>
>The MC is called Natsuki
>The author is called Nagatsuki
How much self insert can you possibly get?
>>
Is this the Re:Zero thread?
>>
File: local man ruins everything.jpg (54KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
local man ruins everything.jpg
54KB, 587x663px
>>149855725

I guess for now.
>>
>>149853932
Was it really veteran warrior? He's already shown he can be pretty handy in a difficult moment with how he dealt with Elsa and saving Rem. All he did in the Whale fight was ride behind Rem while he pulled the whale. He also kept the momentum going when the whale started psychically attacking everyone, and (I honestly can't remember if this was even him or not) figured out that the whale's real body was the one not attacking them.

There's also the whole thing with the ice pillar and jumping onto the whale's horn, which was admittedly ridiculously dangerous and difficult to pull off, so that was a little hard to accept, but the fact that he would risk something like that isn't out of character, and I don't think he showed any special skills during the battle, just kept a focused mind, driven by a desire not to mess up again, and his motivation boost from Rem.
>>
>>149853217

Post pics
>>
>>149855088
>authors favorite girl is Emilia
>her only flaws are a coincidental resemblance and naivety
>>
>>149851810
>Why does Subaru become so idiotic
People being different and reacting different ways don't mean they are 'idiotic'. I dare you to suffer even the half he has suffered and react the 'smartest' way ever.
>>
>>149851810
>But EP13 is where I notice things starting to go downhill.
I agree, and that's mainly because the pacing slowed to a crawl. It picked up for a bit by about episode 15, but what really killed me was the stereotypical 'happy ending'. What a missed opportunity.
>Why does Subaru become so idiotic?
Of all the complaints...
Every time he managed to reach the next checkpoint it was by being ruthlessly proactive. No surprise to me that acting in that fashion had become somewhat ingrained in him by that point, for better or for worse.
>>
>>149852158
Mayonnaise.
>>
>>149852843
He can't abuse his power if he wants to save his friend, Sattela only cares about him, if he ever manages to get in a situation where he is completely out of danger while his friends are screwed chances are that the save point will change. Exactly what happened to Rem.
>>
>>149852415
Just because Subaru saved her life and can solve some problems doesn't mean that he didn't literally fuck up everything politically related.

The entire point of that segment was showing that Subaru's over-inflated ego and pride wasn't a good thing. Seems like you missed the point completely.
>>
>>149856807
Are you seriously arguing that the choreography of the whale fight was consistent with the narrative 2 episodes ago about how Subaru is a worthless shitter with 0 skills?

The author essentially rewards him and punishes him with plot armor/temporary mental retardation for going through the pointless, dramatic, armchair-psychology throes of that "character arc".
>>
>>149851810
The director is just following the source material dumbass.
>>
>>149857294
I'm saying that his behavior in the whale fight is consistent with his behavior in the Elsa fight and Mabeast fight, or at least in parts of both.

When Subaru is confident and focused, he's actually pretty good at handling things. He's still got a lot to learn, there's a ton he can't do, and he's absolutely horrible when he starts having moments of extreme pride or despair, but it's not like he did much in the whale fight beyond running around and helping keep people focused from time to time.

He isn't worthless, his description of himself back then wasn't accurate, he has awesome moments where he's the hero who helped Rem, but he also has horrible moments where he's the way he was in episodes 16 and 17 (and a few others). It was just about getting him back into his more awesome mode, and giving him the tools he needed to succeed, which he had by that point through what information he had learned in his previous failures.

I don't really have anything to say about the reward/punishment of plot armor/idiot ball. His behavior, even if completely horrible at times, all made sense to me. I could at the very least understand how the things that happened to him led to the actions and mentality he took from them.
>>
>>149851810
>phone poster watching stream
lol. just kill yourself.
>>
>>149851810
>watching anime on cellphone

>>149853182
>>149853000

Get the fuck out of /a/. Fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1464055005054.jpg (89KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
1464055005054.jpg
89KB, 800x594px
>>149855725
If it is is it okay to talk about the series beyond episode 25?
>>
>>149858536

Yes
>>
Is this the new thinly veiled RZ thread to dodge translationonlyfags?
>>
>>149852802
I know right! Just imagine dying again and having Rem confess to you again! Its like everything will never be the same as the initial!
>>
>>149858605
I was guessing this is the thinly veiled Re:Zero thread to dodge autism anon
>>
File: 1468200739722.jpg (199KB, 481x818px) Image search: [Google]
1468200739722.jpg
199KB, 481x818px
>>149858536
If we are, just how broken is this man after losing Rem /a/? It must suck getting fucked over by the checkpoint system.
>>
File: cucked.png (487KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
cucked.png
487KB, 1360x768px
What's your favorite moment?

Beetlejuice getting cuck'd was funny as hell.
>>
>>149858723

Nah, he just drops her corpse off at the mansion and then immediately abandons her to go be with emilia some more.
>>
File: 1477988101454.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1477988101454.gif
358KB, 500x357px
>>149859695
If only that were true
>>
>>149851810
Opposite, it picked up latter half. Subaru's retardation was good writing that people struggle to grasp, as they're not used to it.
>>
>>149859695
Sucks for you but his sex drive dies along with Rem. So much so he can no longer or look forward to any romantic relationship until she comes back. Also memeflirting doesn't count as we all know most of that his him wrapping shit up with lies.
>>
>>149859708

It is true. I saw the translation.

He dumps her off with petra at the mansion then hops in a carriage with emilia to go hang out at the sancturary.
>>
>>149859790

His Sex drive took a massive hit with Rem's death.

His Sex drive died after he got tricked by the with of lust and discovered that Emilia had the emotional maturity of a 10 year old.
>>
>>149859973
>Witch of Lust shows up
>I'm gonna show you what you desire msot in the word
>Ends up nearly being pummeled

Its fun seeing him triggered sometimes. Sucks Subaru never went through with it because Greed showed up.
>>
>>149859901
We're 58 chapters in an I'm seeing none of that. Its more accurate that Subaru ditched Emilia to talk to Echidna.
>>
>>149860054

He went from

>With Rem, he felt fondness toward a fellow coworker. He still didn’t really know how he felt toward Emilia.

To this

>Because the girl that loves me, the girl that I love back, the girl that affectionately provides me love—-the girl that is harder on me more than any other person in the world, the girl that doesn’t let me off easily, that girl is the real Rem!

The sad part was that half the time in between was spent with her in a coma.
>>
File: 1469729273007.jpg (20KB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
1469729273007.jpg
20KB, 480x321px
>>149860054
>>
>>149852109
>(this is after Subaru makes his gay little Im your hero speech to Rem
Technically, it's after he confesses his love to Rem when she pranks him, but they didn't want to show us that scene for some reason.
>>
>>149860683
Its obvious that Whitefox didn't want to commit to a season 2 and wanted to play safe. If there ever will be a season 2 they will need to do some massive backpedaling.
>>
>>149852158
Subaru is an unconfident shut-in, so, above all else, he seeks gratification from others, especially Emilia. This gets painfully obvious when he declares himself Emilia's knight during the ceremony, oblivious to the fact that he just made a complete ass out of himself and, by extend, Emilia.
Whether Emilia would state this so blatantly without the timeline where she saved Subaru from the Murderhobos is something I'd find interesting to know, though.
>>
>>149860744
A tragic ending is still a motherfucking ending. Why not end the story the way it began? The epilogue worked perfectly because it brings everything full circle by shitting on Subaru's expectations for a fantasy world by depriving him of his perfect fairy tale ending.
>>
>>149851810
>1536x2048
lel
>>
>>149861130
Because they probably didn't want to send the anime-only fanbase into a spiraling depression.
>>
File: Felix 243.jpg (99KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Felix 243.jpg
99KB, 900x1200px
EVEN IN WINTER, FERRI WILL BE WARM
>>
>>149861281
If you wanted to be warm why don't you go back to your basement where you keep Fourier's dead body?
>>
>>149852733
He only had the rough plan of being a decoy for the whale. He brought along the right people to make it work. Same with Betelgeuse. Subaru's knowledge of future events and the fact that he can relive situations makes him a pretty damn good diplomat.
>>
>>149861330

DO NOT TALK TO FERRI LIKE THAT
>>
>>149861095
>she saved Subaru from the Murderhobos
Chin has never stabbed a man before in his life. He just uses the dagger for intimidation purposes. He freaked out in the timeline where Subaru walked into his knife, because they aren't actually murderers at all. Emilia saved him from getting beaten up for being an idiot. Felt's a good-natured enough person, and familiar with local criminals, so she probably knew they wouldn't kill him.
>>149861203
Spiraling depression is how you get famous.
>>
>>149861380
Do we see anymore of those three stooges? Last I heard they were fighting the Witch Cult.
>>
>>149861358

All Subaru is really good for is dying and resetting until he figures out how to bring the solution to the problem.

As far as the anime goes the only time he himself was the solution was when he managed to get rem to start her time again or some BS like that.
>>
>>149851810

Because at the end of the day, Subaru is a selfish cunt who's doing everything to make himself feel good. That's exactly why he proclaims himself as Emilia's knight, acts the way he does in your picture, and so on.

On the other hand, he is also somewhat justified in his rant from your pic. He's been gouged, disemboweled, and gone through hideous torture even from Rem, yet no one knows of it (and thus does to show him gratitude for it). To compound on this, Emilia is a fucking dense airhead since she does nothing to comfort him or help him out. All she does it spout "Durr Toyota I can't help you if you don't say what the problem is". Rem on the other hand told him that even if he can't explain what's causing him pain and suffering, she'll always be there to comfort him.

What I want to know is why everyone is fucking stupid and hasn't made a connection with the stench of the witch yet. Rem even pointed out he seems to reek of it when he's feeling really bummed (AKA when he's just gotten reset), yet no one investigates this further.
>>
>>149861380
>Chin has never stabbed a man before in his life. He just uses the dagger for intimidation purposes. He freaked out in the timeline where Subaru walked into his knife, because they aren't actually murderers at all. Emilia saved him from getting beaten up for being an idiot. Felt's a good-natured enough person, and familiar with local criminals, so she probably knew they wouldn't kill him.
Wow, calm down there, Regulus, it was just a hyperbolic use of a D&D term.
>>
>>149861439
>All Subaru is really good for is dying and resetting until he figures out how to bring the solution to the problem.
Exactly this. Until later into the WN, that's really his only worth.
>>
>>149858606
Some loops should stay permanent and you never know which ones are. Plus alienating yourself to think of everyone as a set piece to datamine is probably the most soul crushing experience to ever witness. The Echidna AU is exactly that.
>>
>>149861470

Nah, I find Emilia boring and I still think she was in the right when she left him. Rewatch only the episodes containing the final loop and you'll see that a lot of the character building moments between the two were lost. Meanwhile episode 11 stayed, so Rem has a reason for blindly loving him. He told her that he doesn't know about her past and doesn't care regardless, so when it came time for her to comfort him she does the same to him.
>>
>>149861430
They are under Felt's party being trained by Reinhardt to combat the cult, yes. We don't know what's happening to them in arc 6 considering that Subaru is kinda stuck in his tower.
>>
Rem and Emilia are unironically the two least interesting girls in the show.
>>
>>149861712

I suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that Emilia is a faggot. The entire show/WN would be better off without her. Her entire repertoire is

>look I'm cute
>and I have this cat spirit with me (who is a giant douche who will destroy the world in a temper tantrum too)
>and I'm dense as fuck

Emilia has been saved multiple times by Subaru even in the final loop, yet she does bumfuck nothing to show gratitude. Rem on the other hand wants his babies for saving her.
>>
File: Best Wife.webm (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best Wife.webm
110KB, 1280x720px
>>149861470
>Rem even pointed out he seems to reek of it when he's feeling really bummed (AKA when he's just gotten reset), yet no one investigates this further.
Rem is one of the few people who can sense it, and I don't think she wants to investigate further. Associates of the Witch Cult are kill-on-sight, and Crusche already pointed out the most rational assumption to make regarding Subaru's past. I'm pretty sure Rem damned well knows he's bewitched in some way. Their conversations actually make me think Rem was trying to bring up the subject indirectly and talk around it, because it's not something that could be discussed openly.
>>
>>149861877
Wasn't Beatrice the one who thought he was suspicious because of the witch aura? Or am I misremembering
>>
>>149861845
>yet she does bumfuck nothing to show gratitude
She tried to get him healed and gave him a lap pillow and a place to stay.
>>
>>149861909
No because Beatrice is a daughter of a Witch
>>
>>149861909
Rem killed him once, tried interrogating him another time, and was planning to run him off in the final loop before the dog shit came up. Beatrice doesn't care so much about the scent, probably because she knows about the Witches other than Envy.
>>
>>149861845
Okay as much as I dislike Emilia that's going too far. She did show him gratitude and thanked him for it but nothing more than that.
>>
>>149861817
Rem is fun though, she's as shitty of a person as Subaru is.
>>
>>149861983

>says thanks

Versus

>wants to hop on Subaru's dick while in demon mode and rock the house

Emilia is shit.
>>
>>149862096
>Implying its the sex that matters

Come on anon. Whether your false-flagging or not I don't know but it really isn't just hopping on Subaru's dick that makes Rem a better LI, its more complex than that.
>>
>>149862028
Well, he's right in that most of that isn't in the show. We never get to really see how pathetic and emotionally manipulative Rem can be.
>>
>>149851810
>Re:0 fan
check
>phoneposter
check
>watches anime on phone
check

Jesus Christ. Stop posting anytime.
>>
File: 1477910683894.jpg (222KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
1477910683894.jpg
222KB, 500x659px
>>149861925
And now she's the adoptive daughteru of Subaru

It comes full circle
>>
>>149862181

She just wants senpai to pat her on the head and to say she did good. If that's emotionally manipulative then what's subaru telling emilia he loves her only to then pull shit like this when she's not around?

https://lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/arc-4-the-hideout-for-weakness-rems-consoling-of-the-despondent-subaru/
>>
>>149856823
>Gonna
Will do.
>>
>>149862507
>She just wants senpai to pat her on the head and to say she did good.
Early in Arc 3 it's revealed that some of her seemingly "ordinary" behavior was an act, likely to lower Subaru's guard, and she faked her death to get him to tell her that he loved her. That whole conversation under the Flugel tree started off as her attempt to exploit an emotional weak point of his, at least in part.
>>
>>149862796

She just wanted to give it one last try just for good measure before giving up.99% of people would have dumped him after the "I love emilia" scene if they were in her shoes anyways.
>>
>>149852109
I've just finished watching episode 25. I'm done with this anime. Why did they change the anime into a mushy love story. The same thing happened with swords art online.
>>
>>149862951
I wouldn't say that, Subaru has has had feelings for her since 11 and Rem has just been constantly breaking down the doors for him to realize that. You need to consider taht Rem is an opportunist, and will not exploit anything unless its Subaru himself who lets her in. Which is all the damn time.

>>149863158
Because sales
>>
>>149863158
Because Whitefox wanted a "Happy Ending" and cut it short.
>>
>>149863230
>Sales
Fairy tail, bleach, one piece and even naruto are making big sales without veering off the plot and changing the anime genre completely. I'm frustrated.
>>
>>149861380
>Spiraling depression is how you get famous

Tell that to Whitefox
>>
>>149863158
It goes full bloom to reinforce the light at the end of the tunnel motif.
It's been a love story since the very first scene though so it's not like they changed anything.
>>
>>149863482

Except the light in this case was the headlights of the train barreling straight towards you.
>>
File: 1475374757265.jpg (283KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475374757265.jpg
283KB, 849x1200px
>>149860683
I bet you they wanted to make her character as "safe" as possible since she is kind of a creep which in turn only damaged her character, still, despite removing chunks she still somehow got the popular vote.
>>
>It takes him around 3 deaths before he realizes he can go back to a specific moment in time
>>
>>149863589
Well yeah, he's a bit on an idiot.
>>
>>149863589
It's explained that his power hadn't quite settled in him, so he wasn't clearly remembering things from previous loops yet.
>>
>>149852562
>Emilia doesnt have faith in Subaru like Rem does

And this is bad?
Why female characters who are not submissive and supportive with the main protagonist, even when they have their reasons, are always viewed negatively?
>>
>>149851810
>phoneposting

>>149863230
>>149863347
Are you for real?
>>
>>149863522
Just let him have his hope or there is nothing left to destroy.
>>
>>149863482
Its not really a love story but more of a tragedy. And don't pull that Tappei says its a heartwarming story on me because we all know what he meant by heartwarming is turning your heart into charcoal.
>>
File: 59994493_p0.png (3MB, 1732x1501px) Image search: [Google]
59994493_p0.png
3MB, 1732x1501px
This seems to have a download link in the description.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59994493
>>
>>149863824
Its not the thread anon
>>
>>149863824
Wrong thread
>>
File: 1479333538131.jpg (167KB, 1579x1313px)
1479333538131.jpg
167KB, 1579x1313px
>>149863753
But this story is a heartwarming love story anon
>>
>>149863845
>>149863896
There's a right thread?
>>
File: 1448455703057.jpg (224KB, 1000x814px)
1448455703057.jpg
224KB, 1000x814px
>>149864015
Definitely
>>
>>149864015
>I love you Gaaf
>I love sanctuary

Everytime
>>
File: 59139571_p5.jpg (220KB, 1200x967px) Image search: [Google]
59139571_p5.jpg
220KB, 1200x967px
>>149864192
Nah. This is a little different.
>I love you Roswaal
>I love Echidna
She should go find a nice boy around her age to let her frustrations out on.
>>
I can't believe translator anon is fucking dead ;_;
>>
>>149864104
Pixiv stuff belong where typesetter anon can see it
>>
>I love you Echidna
I love Subaru
>>
>>149864666
Who is she and does she actually like him?
>>
>>149864897
She is his favorite experiment. Think of their relationship like trying to make a deal with the devil but only ending up getting burned.
>>
>>149864897
>Who is she

Witch of Greed

>does she actually like him

No. But that entirely depends on your definition of what "love" is. In a classical sense definitely not.
>>
>>149864897
Echidna is the Witch of read the wn and she really likes Subaru's ability to suffer
>>
>>149864897
She's kind of an actual psychopath, but more often than not she would be antagonistic if you didn't have a bargaining chip that she couldn't just take away. Subaru happens to have a big bargaining chip (ultimate guinea pig potential) that she can't necessarily take from him. So she plays nice.
>>
File: 1478998229286.png (2MB, 1390x1725px)
1478998229286.png
2MB, 1390x1725px
>>149864897
Pic related.
>>
>>149859901
>He dumps her off with petra at the mansion then hops in a carriage with emilia to go hang out at the sancturary.
He probably just thought this was a short pick-up-and-go-home mission. Leaving Rem at the Mansion, in the care of a very able maid and her apprentice that he knows personally, was the best call Subaru could have made back then.
>>
>>149859901
Haha no

>>149865361
This

>dragging your comatose waifu on an errand

What are you doing. He's also endlessly reminded of her all the time. He nearly chokes out Roswaal over Rem, spergs at Envy for using 'Subaru-kun', Ram tells him he's treating her differently because she looks like Rem and he realizes she's right. He didn't want Elsa to brutalize Rem and wanted to double suicide with her t. He is reminded of Rem when he takes the first trial. Carmilla uses her illusion to appear as Rem. And so on.
>>
>>149865579
You also forgot that thing that happened with Patarche
>>
Why are Beatrice, Felt, and Reinhard so much better than the 2 main heroines?
>>
>>149865956
The only one I can understand is maybe Beako because she's in the same faction and becomes part of the main cast but Felt and Rein are a walking pile of spoilers to the point that they haven't been focused on too much in the story. Plus with few exceptions that's a good thing for Reinhard because he's stupid strong.
>>
>>149864481
But what thread is that?
>>
File: 1477900032995.jpg (43KB, 363x372px)
1477900032995.jpg
43KB, 363x372px
>>149866518
>you will never be Subaru so you can ask her for a mayo bath after that incident to see how she reacts
>>
File: SubarusRem.png (3MB, 2425x3379px) Image search: [Google]
SubarusRem.png
3MB, 2425x3379px
>>149864481
Yeah, but you see. There's a slight problem with that, depending on your perspective.
>>149866588
Just made a slight autism tweak. I imagine she'd be a little annoyed with that, seeing how she had been scolded for it before. Just make up your mind if you want a mayo bath or not.
>>
File: shrug.gif (986KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
986KB, 500x385px
>Its selfish of you to sacrifice yourself for others because you want to be someone who sacrifices himself for others
>>
>>149867004
That part can be contested either way really, because that breaks down why you want to be that way in the first place.

But the part he gets shit for the most is (mostly) unrelated to his RbD and that was how he was acting since the third arc started up until that argument in episode 13, disobeying orders in the name of being heroic and shit.

I think this poster and this reply, unintentionally became the best example possible

Subaru's perspective >>149852415

Emilia's actual perspective >>149852844
>>
>>149866588
Probably fall on the ground in a fetal position.
>>
File: Trick.png (580KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
Trick.png
580KB, 800x745px
It's not Halloween.
>>
>>149851810
The director doesn't write the plot you idiot.
>>
>>149868298
>that Ram

Geez spoiler that spooky shit.
>>
>>149868298
What kind of trick does she have planned?
>>
File: Pranked too hard.jpg (189KB, 1720x676px) Image search: [Google]
Pranked too hard.jpg
189KB, 1720x676px
>>149868669
>>
File: 1477540909954.png (4MB, 1105x1799px) Image search: [Google]
1477540909954.png
4MB, 1105x1799px
What does she even see in him?
>>
>>149868982
A hero. And she thinks he's cute.
>>
>>149868982
The one person in her pitifully small social circle who put her above Ram and gives her self gratification. He also risked his life for her when she had a very low opinion of herself. So puts her worth in his hands, and that's because she's not mentally healthy. She does some off putting stuff in the novels to get praise.

She also sees herself. The anime skips a lot of it but she can be equally as autistic as Subaru, and how she ended up in with her inferiority complex is her own fault. She didn't forget all the criticisms she had on him in the mansion arc either. The anime also skips most of this but she just words it sweetly now and adds a reassurance or two, but her words still amount to an insult or critique. Even the light novels have called her just as scathing as Ram but hides it with superficial politeness before slipping you the dagger.

Her main goal isn't really just to hook up with Subaru but to hook up with him and bring out the good people buried underneath their heavily flawed personalities.
>>
When is volume 3 coming out?
>>
Isnt there a 5 hour long recap that shows all the successful loops in the show in one video? I saw it posted here a few weeks back.
>>
>>149869590
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1usgfrG85NCcUZVeVdtVmJScTQ/view

Now you too can get a taste of how others see Subaru.
>>
>>149869810
Thnx
>>
>>149865361

He left her with Crusch and half the survivors from the white whale thinking she was in capable hands as well and look what happened.
>>
>>149870094
But how many things could actually beat a small army + Crusch? Not many. There was no way of knowing normally and he tried to use his power to fix that but then Satella trolled him.

The alternative is carrying her everywhere like a bodypillow.
>>
>>149868982

So you're telling me the anime cut stuff out to make her even better waifu material? Well up until the end of 18 that is.
>>
>>149868669
Something stupid that will make Subaru cry. Again.
>>
>>149870443
That wasn't why they did it. They cut stuff out for two reasons and Rem just got unlucky with those decisions.

>the beginning of arc 3 has a lot of world building and characterization but it takes forever for Subaru to get to the castle and do his autistic shit

Priscilla and Al have a lot more lore build up and hype too due to this but they cut that out as well. And that's also because of the second reason too.

>cut out the other half of the ending to make it look happy

If they included all of the romantic scenes after episode 18 where Rem cuts through his bullshit after then they'd have to include the twist ending otherwise it would just be this really weird loose end. They can't just have Subaru confess to Rem after she tricks him by feigning death and then end on him confessing to Emilia. The scene that leads to the twist is him trying to address this problem to Emilia after all.
>>
>reddit:zero
>>
>>149870941

/r/anime hates everything re:zero related other than emilia fanart at this point.
>>
>>149870941
>not Re:Tarded
>>
File: Cox5gcRUkAASC1D.jpg (65KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
Cox5gcRUkAASC1D.jpg
65KB, 500x739px
>>149868982
Herself, a pathetic human being, a hero and a husband.
>>
>>149860238
At least we got to see just how enduring he was when she is gone.
>>
>>149864112
Roswaal is a dick
>>
>>149871591
>husband

only in her dreams
>>
>>149872110
There's no way he's not planning to marry her when she wakes up.
>>
>>149871977

Clown did nothing wrong.

And he at least treats ram to the clown cannon.

subaru is saving himself all for emilia and rem may get the chance of having her sloppy seconds if she kicks him out again. The whole time he will be crying and imagining emilia instead. When she asks how was it? He coldly looks her in the eyes and said "Emilia was better"
>>
File: 1476282429634.png (2MB, 1053x1070px)
1476282429634.png
2MB, 1053x1070px
>>149872218
>People actually defend the clown

Next you are gonna tell me its okay to kill Ram's firstborn
>>
>>149872218
Putting aside that animeonly tier second paragraph

>responsible for arc 1
>could have solved arc 3 solo
>intentionally doesn't because muh gospel and muh Echidna
>>
>>149872218
The clown did literally everything wrong
>>
>>149872179
Subaru will not marry demi-human scum
>>
>>149872411
But she isn't demi-human. She is a full demon.
>>
>>149872411
Emilia is a half-elf and one of the most discriminated out there.
>>
>>149872218
You know who also treats Ram? Emilia, Subaru and Beatrice in arc 6.
>>
>>149872478
Good, half-elves are filth
>>
File: 1465743575248.jpg (118KB, 898x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1465743575248.jpg
118KB, 898x1267px
In case anyone missed it last thread.

http://pastebin.com/Z06PRUEX

Just dropping this here for the first time to let those know it exists but let's not always post it so frivolously.
>>
>>149872580
Now, now they aren't filth. They are just bland.
>>
If the clown is filth for wanting echidna, then subaru is even worse filth for wanting emilia who is worse in every way.
>>
File: Felix 247.jpg (562KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Felix 247.jpg
562KB, 811x1200px
TENSHI
E
N
S
H
I

ANGEL
N
G
E
L
>>
>>149872732
That's really not what he's getting shit for. It's all the things and people, including his own descendants, he's destroyed or damaged trying to pursue a literal centuries dead ghost.
>>
Every thread until Rem wakes up.
>>
File: 1476663580666.jpg (661KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476663580666.jpg
661KB, 848x1200px
>>149872732
>Not wanting Echidna

That's some shit taste. Also stop criticizing Subaru, he criticizes himself enough for not loving Rem sooner.
>>
File: Felix 181.jpg (811KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Felix 181.jpg
811KB, 707x1000px
SERIOUSLY AN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>149872829
>>149872993
Now its time to let the thread die
>>
>>149873101
I'm beginning to think he actually tries to kill threads.
>>
File: Felix 90.jpg (506KB, 900x1086px)
Felix 90.jpg
506KB, 900x1086px
>>149873101
>>149873131

What's wrong? Are you a worshiper of the Devil? Can't handle angels?
>>
>>149852844
If anything Subaru should consider himself lucky that all was forgiven and forgotten just by saying sorry for fucking up (and confessing his shallow, baseless love).
>>
File: Crusch-sama 8.jpg (96KB, 755x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Crusch-sama 8.jpg
96KB, 755x1058px
Ferri will make Crusch-sama a girl again.
>>
File: Crusch-sama 3.png (2MB, 1377x1546px) Image search: [Google]
Crusch-sama 3.png
2MB, 1377x1546px
Goddess Child
>>
>>149873366
His love isn't shallow but the more profound parts have less than ideal roots. Falling in love for the wrong reasons. There's shades of this in both the Emilia and Rem pairings but the story doesn't beat you over the head with it and say they aren't allowed to get what they want or do good because of it.

>Whenever he was beside Emilia, he never failed to feel invigorated and excited. That’s why there wasn’t anything worse for him than getting the cold shoulder like this. ‘What’, ‘when’, Subaru fell into a panic as he raced to find what he’d done to put her in a bad mood.

>If he got rejected by Emilia then he’d be all alone in this world. In this world Emilia had become his sole meaning of existence.

>As the wheels in Subaru’s head started grinding, the way he defined himself worked itself in a bad direction. His vision dimmed as nerves in his head screamed. A dark emotion crept up in his heart. He subconsciously understood this was the same as the dark hand he’d seen before. His lips trembled as the negative emotions started to run wild.

And this also reveals he really does care about being far away from his own world. The mayonnaise chapters are a lighthearted hint at it but this makes it perfectly clear. I think the anime adaption really should have added original scenes to make this clear too. Novels can just do introspection through the narration but you have to use different tricks if you don't want to make it awkward exposition in an anime or even a manga.
>>
File: Felix 185.jpg (160KB, 1170x900px) Image search: [Google]
Felix 185.jpg
160KB, 1170x900px
>>
>>149874611
Now Subaru can be fucking strong as shit.
Being Demi-Human is like being top tier.
>>
>>149874032
>That’s why there wasn’t anything worse for him than getting the cold shoulder like this.
Is this the official translation? That is one fucking awkward negative sentence.
>>
>>149874740
It depends on what you mean by official. It's the Web Novel so it will always be done by a fan but it is an accurate translation, however Kaguro (the translator of arc 3) is one of those types who doesn't like to localize even a little bit.
>>
>>149875174
Kaguro is a retard. Theres is almost no way you can get a 1 to 1 translation from moonrunes to english.
>>
>>149875174
>>149875373
I think he's just inexperienced. I'm grateful that he translated those chapters. I've seen in his afterwords that he's really not trying to get the most stiff and TL note infested result but he just doesn't have the chops or is too afraid to that he might butcher something along the way. The WN isn't easy to translate either, it's littered with obscure nip memes and similar shit compared to the polished LNs.
>>
File: Felix 238.jpg (1MB, 1292x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Felix 238.jpg
1MB, 1292x1292px
>>
File: 1477942864558.jpg (101KB, 833x981px) Image search: [Google]
1477942864558.jpg
101KB, 833x981px
>emiliafags had to go make a b8 thread to post

>end up being bullied

Cant make this shit up. That's what those subhumans deserve for picking worst girl
>>
>>149875983
Stop this shit we don't want another waifuwar and descending into the dark ages. Remember spfag?
>>
File: 1458327007637.jpg (34KB, 487x500px)
1458327007637.jpg
34KB, 487x500px
>>149875983
I don't know where you came from but we gotta move past the waifuwar.
>>
>>149875824
As someone who translates some of the WN, I completely understand how he feels. It takes some real effort and courage to do it, so translators would really appreciate it if people could be lenient towards translations, unless they're complete shit that is
>>
>>149876273
Honestly, I like them as long as the grammar is clear enough to understand what's intended, though it's in my nature to nitpick.
>>
>>149876273
Come on you can't just dump a comment like this and then not name names
>>
File: Every ReZero thread.webm (3MB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
Every ReZero thread.webm
3MB, 960x404px
>>149875983
What did you do this time anon? Let Emiliafags do their thing, as long as they don't stir up shit in threads with actual discussion we don't need to bully them.

>>149876110
Fun times.
>>
>>149876110
>spfag

He left after being btfo and rightfully so because of his shitposting
>>
>>149876728
Still, lets not have threads turn to shit because of it.
>>
Fuck you bros, Spfag was a cool guy. I hope he's still among us.
>>
>>149876886
Kys and go away spfag
>>
>>149876617
>/pol/ in the background
>>
File: remsad.png (527KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
remsad.png
527KB, 1440x900px
I miss Summaryanon
RIP in peace, he was out hero
>>
>>149876526
If you must know, then this is Remonwater.

[Subaru: Rem is working a bit too hard….or rather, Rem is the only one who has to deal with the mansion’s maintenance so much. No matter how you look at it, it’s too much on her.]

[Ram: That’s not true.]

Subaru let out a sigh in response to Ram nonchalantly shaking her head.

[Subaru: …..Then who made this breakfast?]

[Ram: Rem.]

[Subaru: Who woke up and immediately did the simple cleaning of the mansion and let fresh air in?]

[Subaru: Who woke up, helped you change your clothes, and brushed your teeth?]

[Subaru: You’ve continued this conversation the whole time with a composed face, haven’t you!?! Are you a king!?.]

[Ram: I’m not that great.]

[Subaru: I’m not praising you here!!]

I lurk these threads but I don't post for various reasons(like to avoid people requesting tls of random images or something)
>>
File: echidna.png (30KB, 844x795px)
echidna.png
30KB, 844x795px
https://picarto.tv/nobbydraws

sorry I haven't been around
I'm taking some draw requests now if you've got me
>>
File: Crusch and Felix 21.png (273KB, 835x678px) Image search: [Google]
Crusch and Felix 21.png
273KB, 835x678px
I miss drawbro.
>>
>>149877870
Rem driving a Subaru with a cute smile pls.
>>
>>149877870

DRAWBRO?!
>>
File: 1462518299949.png (94KB, 582x305px) Image search: [Google]
1462518299949.png
94KB, 582x305px
>>149877790
Are you actually him? If so holy shit hi. I really enjoy your translations.
>>
File: 1479227351458.png (43KB, 536x289px) Image search: [Google]
1479227351458.png
43KB, 536x289px
>>149877870

What you promised before you left us my bro.
>>
>>149878034
Fuck off autist you already got your request.
>>
>>149877870
Echidna tipping a fedora.
>>
>>149877870
Priscilla giving shota Honda "Hey kid wanna /ss/" eyes, and Honda being really uncomfortable with it.
>>
>>149877790
Hello
>>
>>149877790
I noticed those two argue and fuss over Rem a lot.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-17+at+05.12.32).png (120KB, 1895x927px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-17+at+05.12.32).png
120KB, 1895x927px
>>149877993
>ate
Hello, yeah it's me. Thanks, it makes me happy knowing that some people enjoy them
>>
>>149877790
Why did you skip arc 5?
>>
File: 1476405572088.jpg (34KB, 414x389px) Image search: [Google]
1476405572088.jpg
34KB, 414x389px
>>149877790
>>149877870
Is this my lucky day?
>>
File: 1461387266440.png (95KB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
1461387266440.png
95KB, 420x248px
>>149851810
Looking at the thumbnail, it looks like Subaru is so mad, he popped two blood vessels, and spewing out urine instead of blood.
>>
>>149878113

Please don't be so aggressive.
>>
>>149878293
You are actually you.
Can we expect to look forward for more translations in the future? If not I'm okay with what I have now but still.
>>
>>149851810
what the heck are you saying OP? the whole sries is series are all fucked up except all the characters excluding the MC, where he really is totally irrelevant to that world, heck all he did was beg for help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI
>>
>>149877790
Please translate more Rem scenes, lemonbro
>>
>>149878303
whether or not you agree with it, it's because it's not focused on Rem, so I will not consider doing it
>>
File: 1464464407940.png (432KB, 1000x1000px)
1464464407940.png
432KB, 1000x1000px
>>149877790
>>149878293
Dear lord it actually is him

Hi there
>>
>>149878444
A-Arc 6?
>>
>>149878398
>>149878437
I am doing the Rem's day off chapter from the first tanpenshuu volume, but it might take a while to finish(maybe 10-15 days?) I will do all the rem related chapters from the tanpenshuu books
>>
File: 1478811341068.gif (2MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478811341068.gif
2MB, 450x250px
>>149877790
Is this from the Tapenshuu novels?
>>
>>149878516
>10-15 days

Can't wait
>>
>>149878444
>he only translates Rem arcs/scenes

You are a trooper with good taste.
>>
>>149878516
I will look forward to it then hopefully the Tapenshuu novels won't screw your site over.
>>
File: LET'S GO REM.png (25KB, 984x687px)
LET'S GO REM.png
25KB, 984x687px
>>149877952
CLOSE ENOUGH
>>
>>149878429
Your sentence structure is making it hard to work out what you mean but judging from that bit about irrelevancy and begging for help this is only a problem if you think it was intended to be or expect it to be a power fantasy. It's really more of a survival story for him and the people he befriended. And irrelevancy is debatable because he sees the outcome of him not doing anything, not even begging, and it's never a good future.
>>
File: 1464341019075.jpg (23KB, 348x298px) Image search: [Google]
1464341019075.jpg
23KB, 348x298px
>>149878619
I kinda still want to see arc 5 translated but I got the patience for summary anon
>>
>>149851810
I started watching this week and this is the episode where I had to take a break.

Also it's really fucking annoying that he can't share his secret with anyone, what's the point of circumventing some tropes while keeping others?
>>
>>149878642
>emt-1

Kek
>>
File: 1467319835131.jpg (55KB, 361x264px) Image search: [Google]
1467319835131.jpg
55KB, 361x264px
>>149878642
>>
>>149878444
I can't say I do, and I really can't sympathize with skipping parts of a story because they don't have a certain character, but as long as you're not going all spfag and making up bullshit to make you're waifu look better, go for it. It'll be nice to have serious translations of things when other TLs get to those points.
>>
>>149878589
If I take too long, I might consider releasing half and then releasing the rest later.

>>149878629
I'll be putting it in a google doc and I'll post a link to it on my site
>>149878533
yes
>>149878458
hello
>>
>>149878642
Cute
CUUUTE
>>
>>149877870
Rem wearing a Crusch outfit please
>>
>>149878676
You don't really know what you're asking for. If everyone knew about RbD then the challenge of keeping tension and drama would be even greater. Subverting all the tropes for the sake of subverting them isn't any good either.
>>
>>149878711
Thank goodness, we don't wanna have you end u like zerolive
>>
>>149878784

Why would an oni pretend to be an angel?
>>
File: 1464100572552.gif (1MB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
1464100572552.gif
1MB, 456x456px
>>149877790
>Ram
>Cheeky
>>
>>149878704
changing the parts to make rem look better is meaningless to me and is something I will never do. If I didn't like what tappei was doing with the story/characters, I could just stop translating. I don't want to mislead people. I just want to translate for her sake
>>
>>149878863
I don't know, why would a bad character pretend to be a cat?
>>
>>149878642
Thank
>>
>>149878922

People who create fanart have a weird habit of giving Subaru cat ears, it's not his fault.
>>
File: 1476157955873.gif (978KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1476157955873.gif
978KB, 350x197px
>>149878516
>Tapenshuu is actually getting translated

God bless your power level
>>
File: 1477268521151.png (542KB, 579x819px)
1477268521151.png
542KB, 579x819px
>>149878516
Yes
>>
File: 1478891264757.jpg (1MB, 2850x2095px)
1478891264757.jpg
1MB, 2850x2095px
>Nice fast-paced thread on /v/
>Get deleted for "Not video games" or something

Man threads are great without Ferrisfag around. Can I talk about how Emilia is shit here?
>>
>>149879122

Why do people pretend like I ruin threads?
>>
File: rem-halloween.jpg (159KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
rem-halloween.jpg
159KB, 794x1123px
>>149878516
God bless you lemon. Rem is the only girl that matters 2bh
>>
>>149879122
>/v/

Stop this

>>149879167
This as well.
>>
>>149879159
I don't know, why does Subaru pretend to have seen some shit?
>>
File: 1477882539824.png (454KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
1477882539824.png
454KB, 564x797px
>>149879159
Because every post you make about a shit character is one less post we can make about the good ones.

Rem
>>
>>149879199

?
>>
File: 1470844253805.png (1023KB, 814x893px)
1470844253805.png
1023KB, 814x893px
>>149879207

Do not bully the angels. Do not bully me either.
>>
>>149877790
>[Subaru: You’ve continued this conversation the whole time with a composed face, haven’t you!?! Are you a king!?.]
>[Ram: I’m not that great.]
>[Subaru: I’m not praising you here!!]

The banter between these two I swear
>>
>>149879122
Emilia isn't shit she's just being put on a pedestal. She's just an aristocrat doing aristocratic things. It is Subaru who's going all spleg lord.
>>
File: 1478211671005.png (2MB, 1080x1511px) Image search: [Google]
1478211671005.png
2MB, 1080x1511px
>>149879255
Angels don't have penises anon
>>
>>149879216
>why do people pretend i ruin threads
Why does Emilia pretend to be a half-elf
Why does Rem pretend to love subaru
Why does Roswaal pretend to be an asshole clown
Why does X pretend [actual thing]
>>
Third arc was shit, best part was Rem becoming the cuckoo and best girl EMT winning.
>>
>>149879159
Serious answer? You're very spammy and repetitively beg for certain content makers or spam shit like jii.moe.
>>
>>149879273
This

But being a LI is a different matter entirely
>>
>>149879122
Is
Is this this false-flag?
>>
File: 1477620362472.jpg (139KB, 620x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1477620362472.jpg
139KB, 620x1199px
>>149879302
Hey animeonlyfag, how was your day?
>>
>>149879333
Ye
Emilia is not shit, and she's not necessarily a shit LI, it's just that Subaru's actions toward her are ENTIRELY disproportionate to his reasons for such actions.
>>
>>149879302
>>149863181

Whyd you abandoned your bait thread, faggot?
>>
>>149879302
>>149879388
Both of you, sit in your corners.
>>
>>149879302
I like this post. It's intentionally being a clueless secondary while also spouting the 3gatsu meme made by people who don't understand what the cuckoo is in the cuckold dynamic for maximum wrongness.
>>
>>149878711
Good enough
>>
File: 1476909899045.png (2MB, 1243x1754px)
1476909899045.png
2MB, 1243x1754px
>>149879286

Some angels have beautiful penises.

>>149879329

By "begging", do you mean me requesting something from drawbro?
>>
>>149878792
>You don't really know what you're asking for.
Uhh, I'm pretty sure I do. Doesn't mean I'm in the right, though
>If everyone knew about RbD then the challenge of keeping tension and drama would be even greater.
Do you mean that the writer would not have been able to write a better story if this change took place? How do you know that?
>Subverting all the tropes for the sake of subverting them isn't any good either.
I didn't say to go against common sense and defy proven tropes just for the lolrandomness, but all the interpersonal drama up to the point I'm at happened because of misunderstandings...and I didn't find that particulary innovative or interesting.
>>
>>149879474
>By "begging", do you mean me requesting something from drawbro?
over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
>>
>>149878711
Translations are translations no matter how small
>>
>>149879497

I've requested 3 times.
>>
>>149879539
Which is 3 times too many
>>
File: CvcFBsYVYAIif-W.jpg (57KB, 527x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CvcFBsYVYAIif-W.jpg
57KB, 527x1199px
>>149878676
>Also it's really fucking annoying that he can't share his secret with anyone

Be careful what you wish for anon
>>
>>149879583

Fuck you my bro.
>>
>>149878277
Them competing for Rem's affection when?
>>
>>149879674
When she wakes up without her memories
>>
File: Oni-chan.jpg (1MB, 2048x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Oni-chan.jpg
1MB, 2048x1450px
Damn
>>
Reminder to ignore animeonly newfags and their shitposts. Just tell them to fuck off to reddit.
>>
File: time to get up.png (42KB, 1088x989px) Image search: [Google]
time to get up.png
42KB, 1088x989px
>>149878034
sure
>>
>>149877790
How hard is it to actually translate the WN? Also how long did it take for you to learn nip?
>>
>>149879783
My dick
>>
>>149879830
thicc
>>
File: MemeMan.jpg (163KB, 680x755px) Image search: [Google]
MemeMan.jpg
163KB, 680x755px
>>149877870
Draw Raoh's death but instead it's Subaru doing his Memeboy thing.
>>
>>149879837
>How hard is it to actually translate the WN?
Not hard at all, it's just like reading it in English after a while
>Also how long did it take for you to learn nip?
There are some two week courses you can take.
>>
File: 1476409231775.jpg (25KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1476409231775.jpg
25KB, 400x438px
>>149878516
Good god my undergrad midterms just got a lot harder to study for
>>
>>149879830

FUCKING GREAT, THANK YOU DRAWBRO!!!
>>
>>149879837
I studied the language very casually for 6 years, but it is still difficult to translate. There are times where I have to spent 2+ hours to make sure a single line is right. I use rikai-kun(browser extension to easily look up phrases), 4 different dictionaries(2 exclusively japanese, 2 /w english), 1 thesaurus, 1 site with japanese example sentences, and sometimes I find someone on yahoo.jp asking about the specific phrase
>>
>>149877790
Hello

>>149877870
Oh shit he's back

If summary anon and typesetter anon here was here we'd have the holy quaternity
>>
Drawbro is the gift these threads need. Request something from him while you can bros.
>>
File: BETTY.png (255KB, 2055x2878px) Image search: [Google]
BETTY.png
255KB, 2055x2878px
reminder that summaryanon is a decent drawfriend too
>>
>>149880190
I am starting to miss him
>>
File: sadcar.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sadcar.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>149880206
Rest in RIP :_:
>>
>>149879483
>How do you know that?

Just based on common conventions and reception. It's already a difficult balancing act to make Subaru effectively immortal. It's already pretty polarizing for viewers and critics for this bit alone. What you need is consequence. A major consequence for him is that he loses several days of relationship progress, trust, being genuine in his interactions which makes setting necessary social flags harder. If you don't even have that for him suffer through, then what else? If you let everyone know about it then that becomes a lot less impactful if not entirely absent. Maybe it's not impossible, but you would run into these problems and have to deal with them in some way.

Also, I don't know about misunderstandings. That's not what I would call them at least. At the end of the day he knows what they don't know so he's unwisely putting both parties in awkward positions. There's nothing to understand or misunderstand on their end. That's a standard time travel consequence really and just comes with the territory. But I get that won't make you find it interesting. Oh well. Moments like this aren't too common although what you would and wouldn't call a misunderstanding I wouldn't know.

And I think someone put it nicely earlier, everything he got shit for in early arc 3 was mostly unrelated to his time travel anyway. That's clearly sticking his nose in things despite being told not to, constantly.

This next part is all in material after the anime but it's not like he never finds someone to talk it about or has to face someone with their own knowledge of the future. In a way the upside to keeping it a secret to most characters is what makes it something special when it does happen.
>>
>>149880245
He's not dead yet. He'll come back if not he is in the great plane in the sky now.
>>
File: nuthin personnel, subaru.png (30KB, 1007x1002px) Image search: [Google]
nuthin personnel, subaru.png
30KB, 1007x1002px
>>149878164
tch,,
>>
>>149880487
Oh shit. He actually did it! The madman.
>>
>>149880487

You are based
>>
>>149880487
Intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor
>>
File: CxJvZK3VIAAohsS.jpg (78KB, 695x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CxJvZK3VIAAohsS.jpg
78KB, 695x1024px
>>
File: HondasPersonalTrainer.png (132KB, 280x276px) Image search: [Google]
HondasPersonalTrainer.png
132KB, 280x276px
>>149880674
I'm getting flashbacks
>>
>>149880674
EVIL
>>
>>149879830
>>149880487
Great
>>
>>149877790
>[Subaru: Who woke up, helped you change your clothes, and brushed your teeth?]
>[Ram: Rem.]
She has Rem brush her teeth?
>>
File: he's fuckin dead.png (253KB, 866x953px) Image search: [Google]
he's fuckin dead.png
253KB, 866x953px
>>149878263
>>
File: ref.png (1MB, 1300x1130px)
ref.png
1MB, 1300x1130px
>>149877870
>You like Rem, don't you Subaru-kun?

Don't know if you'll get around to it tonight but it's worth a try.
>>
>>149881456
wait fuck wrong request

>>149879886
>>
>>149881456
KEEP YOU BURNING!
>>
>>149881456

10/10
>>
>>149872218
I'm starting to think that the Clowndefender is Felixfag at this point
>>
>>149880674
Daily reminder to never trust rabbits
>>
>>149882127
What if they're Ram?
>>
>>149881306
Amazing nee-sama needs to be spoiled after-all
>>
>>149878263
aight, I think that's all for now.
>>
>>149882459
Thank you
>>
>>149881306
Now I'm thinking of that monogatari scene and it just got a lot hotter.
>>
>>149881306
I guess this bit wasn't an exaggeration then.

>Subaru can’t afford to let Rem’s attachment get any more extreme. If her praise-seeking escalates any further, one day he’ll be going to the toilet, and Rem will follow after him, offering to wipe his butt. Nightmare fuel.
>>
File: 1479353628321.png (168KB, 419x430px)
1479353628321.png
168KB, 419x430px
>>149882793
>>
Rewatched episode 18, and man did Subaru screw up his initial pitch. He should've phrased it like this:
>Come with me and in 1 year, you can be pregnant.
>or
>Stay here and in 1 year you can be potato.
>>
>>149882793
Fan-art when?
>>
File: 1478974482988.jpg (28KB, 263x317px)
1478974482988.jpg
28KB, 263x317px
>>149882793
Good god anon
>>
So, do you think Subaru is actually the real Sinbishop of Pride, or is it one wild ruse?
>>
>>149883674
People right now think Pride is Al. Subaru got upgraded from pride to the one who carries all sins.
>>
>>149883674
I'm for camp Al is Pride, Subaru is a container to megaman accumulate all the sins and/or Envy.
>>149883749
Basically this
>>
>>149883674
Common theory here is that Al is Pride. I've heard over in Japan they think Rem is Pride
>>
File: CxdcReQUQAEcguo.jpg (122KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
CxdcReQUQAEcguo.jpg
122KB, 600x960px
>>
What are the odds that at least one character will be brought to the real world with Subaru at the proper finale?
>>
>>149883833
That's misleading they largely think Al is Pride like us but the Rem thing is a common facetious meme theory like the pity sex Ram thing is to us.
>>
>>149883871
Personally I don't think Subaru will even survive the end of this series.
>>
>>149883871
Probably zero since I don't think Honda is getting back.
>>
>>149883896
he couldn't survive the first episode
>>
>>149883896
He didn't even survive one day
>>
File: rem.png (133KB, 255x280px) Image search: [Google]
rem.png
133KB, 255x280px
>>149883896
Better yet, he does return to the real world, but with legitimate PTSD and anxiety issues from all the shit he endures.
>>
>>149883883
Ah, wasn't sure what the deal with it was. That makes more sense, though Rem does have all kinds of shadiness going for her.
>>
File: 029.png (780KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
029.png
780KB, 891x1280px
>>149883833
I think that's just a crack theory, like Rem being Satella, and I don't get why we're talking in spoilers when we're not discussing spoilers.
>>149883855
I love those speech bubbles.
>>149883930
Not really. If there's any shadiness to her, she's been completely left in the dark about it. Sure, she can detect the Witch Scent, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Oni start acting more like Witch Beasts when their horns are out for too long. I'm actually wondering if an Oni would even need to eat as long as they kept their horns extended.
>>
>>149883871
He won't be going back, there is no escape
>>
>>149851810
>Why does Subaru become idiotic
That's not why it started to get bad. It got bad because the "quest for the throne" shit that was throne in was retarded. Subaru didn't go full retard til later on when he's trying to gain allies but can't. When he was in the castle initially it does a good job of showing him going crazy, but afterwards it's just a repetition with a dumb plot.
>>
>>149883871
His waifu Stelly will go with him
>>
Am I the only one who really likes how flawed Subaru is? It's at least a refreshion contrast to the dumb fucking Gary Stu archetype we keep seeing in fantasy anime MCs and while he can get really dumb, it at least gets explained as him simply being a flawed human being.
>>
File: 1473831656260.jpg (872KB, 975x4200px)
1473831656260.jpg
872KB, 975x4200px
>>149884430
>*thrown in

It was there from the beginning. That's what the fuss over the brooch was for and why they wanted to reward him, which he spent on being a servant, at the mansion.
>>
>>149884530
Pic unrelated was going to request if someone had a translated excerpt of this scene. I remember it was posted here before but maybe I'm crazy.
>>
File: IMG_2130.jpg (170KB, 831x1200px)
IMG_2130.jpg
170KB, 831x1200px
pick 3 witches, marry, fuck, kill
>>
>>149884530
The secret is that the Oni race is the last, and hitherto unrealized, great Witch Beast. We have a White Whale and a Black Snake, so opposite descriptors are a thing. So, unlike the Numerous Hare which finds its strengths in numbers, the last great Witch Beast will be revealed when their numbers drop to one and their horns begin drawing in an increasing amount of mana to aid in their eventual transformation.

Fortunately, Subaru got AU Rem pregnant before the metamorphosis could truly take hold, so everything turned out fine.
>>
>>149883896

But if Subaru does waifu rem and head back home I can see her make a serious killing as a chef. No formal education required, and it fits her skillset perfectly.
>>
>>149884721
Marry Minerva
Fuck Carmilla
Kill Satella
>>
>>149884772
Are you saying you want Subaru and Rem to open up a family restaurant together?
>>
>>149884721
Marry Daphne
Fuck Typhon
Kill Satella
>>
>>149884520
Everyone who likes this series likes how flawed Subaru is. Still doesn't excuse him for being a scummy person.
>>
>>149884520
I like it too, but it can be a bit much at times. It's also the point though. It picks apart a reclusive nerd going to a fantasy world and somehow having tact and grace or the skills to survive in sword&sorcery combat. The costs of being from another world have outweighed the benefits too. And at least he has fun interactions with plenty of characters.
>>
>>149884817

>implying subaru can cook

>implying people won't run away crying when they see his face

>He'll be the dishwasher. Not like Japan has anything else for a high school drop out like him anyways.
>>
>>149884937
I'm sure in such a scenario Kenichi and Rem would pester him into taking a GED or whatever the Japanese equivalent is. If there is one.
>>
>>149884937
He needs to be the cashier, she can't read.
>>
>>149883925
>Dad Natsuki bursts in to wake up his son
>the first thing he sees is the fallen chair
>>
>>149885026
He can also butcher the meat that's sent in and write some WNs on the side, with the hopes some publisher will pick them up.
>>
>>149884994
This. If anything Subaru would probably be forced to get a university education anyways, with Rem most likely going with him to keep an eye on him.
>>
>>149885026
I'm now picturing a scene where Rem learns all three scripts at a stupidly fast rate and Subaru despairs at how much quicker she learned and how he wanted his turn to be the tutor.
>>
>>149885073
It comes full circle
>>
>>149885088
Subaru then teaches her the english alphabet just for the sake of teaching her an alphabet
>>
Are there any characters that you truly truly hate and don't think deserve redeeming?

>inb4 Subaru
>>
>>149885181
Roswaal
>>
File: Charm1.jpg (320KB, 700x989px)
Charm1.jpg
320KB, 700x989px
>>149885152
>She's better at English than he is.
>>149885195
Roswaal will be redeemed when Otto steals his soul.
>>
File: 1476681404060.png (282KB, 750x1334px)
1476681404060.png
282KB, 750x1334px
>>149885181
Literally everyone can be redeemable except for this smug fucker right here. Betelgeuse is hundred times more redeemable than this guy.
>>
>>149885073

One day he went to a restaurant with his buddy and decided on writing a story where an incompetent hero saves a heroine with short blue hair.
>>
>>149885181
Probably clowncock, as a Remfag I hate him more than Ley and that says something.
>>
I still can't understand how people got so into this show, it's really more baffling than SAO, because at least SAO had a potentially interesting setting which could maaaybe someday translate into the anime being good.
But Re:Zero has nothing going for it, at least in my eyes. I mean sure, the time loop thing IS interesting (I mean it's a time loop, how much can you screw THAT up), but it's still one of the worst time loop implementations I've seen. Literally the only question on my mind every time Subaru is on a loop is wether or not he'll survive because of return by death or plot armor.
I don't mean Re:Zero is better than SAO, 'cause SAO is absolute trash, but I do think it's mediocre and has gotten waaaay too much attention simply because it's pretty and the plot ON THE SURFACE seems good.
>>
>>149885230
Otto killing that clown can't come soon enough. We need Petra to help speed up the process.
>>
SO /a/ where can I download the translated LN's? I managed to snag volume 2 from another thread but I can't find the other ones.
>>
>>149885026

As if people want to eat at a place where someone with his face is the cashier.

Besides if subaru can learn fast enough to read short stories in their language after about a week's worth of night lessons Rem should be able to learn enough japanese to handle the front of the house in a month tops.

But she'll be too busy making their place the #1 family eatery in japan for their fanatical like a demon dishes in the kitchen.
>>
>>149885359
>But she'll be too busy making their place the #1 family eatery in japan for their fanatical like a demon dishes in the kitchen.

>Everyone assumes the restaurant is named after Subaru because of his face.
>>
>>149885342
Volume 1 here >>149872684
Others aren't translated yet
>>
>>149885317
Subaru has plot armor purely because everyone is convinced he'll die at the end of the series losing everything. This isn't a powerlevel fantasy story, the entire story revolves around tragedy and many characters represent that. Plus its a psychological aspect in a way that if he were to die looping back with new info isn't necessarily a good thing. Imagine if he died and looped back to Rem's confession. Plus hints of him being the actual villain of the story is fun.
>>
File: hayato.png (39KB, 326x301px) Image search: [Google]
hayato.png
39KB, 326x301px
>>149851810
i didn't watch this show because it looks like shit but Felix is the best girl
>>
File: 13.png (241KB, 724x598px)
13.png
241KB, 724x598px
>>149885317
I like the loop implementation to be honest, while in the anime it wasn't as on the nose it poses the question of is re-spawning over X really worth it? Risk losing on genuine developments, dialogue and reactions in turn for getting something perfect? Is it really worth it to turn the people you love into set-pieces?
>>
>>149884724

>Clown cannon finally pulls through

>Ram is preggo

>Ram dies during childbirth

>Clown bodyjacks their baby

>Clown baby mocks Rem

>She turns into the demon queen.
>>
>>149885660
If you are talking about the AU its impossible since Ram is dead. But if you are talking about the MU, fuck you.
>>
File: CwgqJ-3UoAAr60_.jpg (26KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
CwgqJ-3UoAAr60_.jpg
26KB, 600x682px
>>149885263
Poor Bete, being forced to kill the woman he has sworn to protect and love.
>>
>>149885660
Nah. By the logic there, clown baby would be keeping the Oni race count above one even if it were only a single-horned half-breed.
>>
>>149885660
If that actually happens I'm going to cut you
>>
File: 1479073160667.png (820KB, 1023x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479073160667.png
820KB, 1023x800px
>>149885394
Cheers anon.
>>
>>149885805

Clownjacking turns the baby into another clown.

>>149885710
>>149885818

3>
>>
File: 57423013_p9.png (749KB, 1354x1114px) Image search: [Google]
57423013_p9.png
749KB, 1354x1114px
>>149885789
>Sirius has Amethyst eyes.
I wonder what's up with that?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/5baivn/tappei_started_writing_new_content_again/d9nefr0/
>>
File: 1478997217943.jpg (65KB, 626x348px)
1478997217943.jpg
65KB, 626x348px
>>149885881
You know what I'm not even mad because NTR is just silently endorsing that Rem and Subaru are the official couple of this series.
>>
File: CxTrUC8UcAA4qVF.jpg (337KB, 1035x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CxTrUC8UcAA4qVF.jpg
337KB, 1035x1200px
>>149885789
Gotta love being driven mad

>>149885921
>inb4 Subaru reunites these two by absorbing them

Like one really fucked up love story
>>
>>149885929
The side character getting NTR'd happens all the time and that doesnt make her part of the official couple. That would be Subaru and Emilia-tan
>>
>>149885962
>Like one really fucked up love story
Wouldn't that mean Subaru would be Emilia's foster parents?
>>
>>149886042
You know that's false
>>
>>149886058
I guess it would but that's under the premise if we can categorize Emilia as a daughteru rather than a LI due to her mental age.
>>
>>149885929
Well you could argue they are an official couple, if only for a few hours that is, before she died.
>>
>>149885317
It's nowhere near as popular as SAO which has a much wider audience. It's only kind of popular among regulars to the medium in the first place.

That aside, its main appeal is very subjective, this I will say. As far the main appeal goes it's not really trying to quench the thirst of a typical sword & sorcery adventure. It's about seeing a less than ideal MC suffer and grow as a person and dealing with the often less than ideal reality of time travel and a fantasy world. The time loop is more a tool to tell that kind of story, as he can suffer being regarded as a stranger after building someone's trust, gain insight on other character's that he would have missed after being tactless with them before (and by extension feel regret), and other fun emotions.

I noticed the common trend of dislike is that they wanted a time loop power fantasy. It's basically the "why doesn't he just get in the robot?" complaint of this story. But what makes you think that aspect of the story wasn't going to get a share of dissection when isekai did as well?

And on that note, just to anyone reading. I actually think the second arc was one of the best arcs to accomplish this. From his attempt to do everything the same and failing miserably, to breaking down when he realized Rem and Ram saw him as a complete stranger, to learning that Beatrice was the one to heal him when he brushed her off in the first loop. It has it all.

But hey, whether you like that or thought they did a good job is all up to you. Personally I think Re:Zero works best with its source material where you can get introspection much more often and that's really important in this story.
>>
File: 1475458071040.jpg (388KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1475458071040.jpg
388KB, 1280x1812px
>>149885520
Reminder that he can't ever go big bad because of this girl
>>
File: 1477870775667.jpg (16KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
1477870775667.jpg
16KB, 480x410px
>>149885881
>>
so is this like sword art online or something

the MC even looks like kirito with slicked-backed hair and downs syndrome
>>
File: eat it rem.png (509KB, 1111x1222px)
eat it rem.png
509KB, 1111x1222px
>>149885881
>>
>>149886476
The exact opposite
>>
>>149886476
It wants you to think that so it can brutally punch you in the gut with it or for you to miss the point and think the MC being the way he is done unironically.
>>
>>149886476
The fanbase is the same too.
>>
>>149885520
>>149886320
Fucking this. What people don't get is that this isn't some generic isekai.
>>
>>149851810
I consider watching it.
How rational is MC?
>>
>>149886476
Nah, SAO at least had great animation and music. reeeeeeeeeee:zero is shit in general.
>>
>>149883871
Didn't arc 4 address that there is zero chance of him coming back to his family?
>>
>>149885230
Post the next part of the comic.
>>
>>149886663
>How rational is MC?
He has moments of rationality, but acts like a total dumbass most of the time. However, he usually gets properly punished for it.
>>
File: 1477536444960.gif (1MB, 480x266px)
1477536444960.gif
1MB, 480x266px
I really want to cuck a clown.
>>
File: 18.png (644KB, 727x1066px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
644KB, 727x1066px
>>149886663
Literally every adaptation except the anime adapted Subaru well. The anime just made him look like an irrational sperg.
>>
File: 1476866467668.jpg (68KB, 550x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476866467668.jpg
68KB, 550x364px
>>149886815
>The anime just made him look like an irrational sperg

Dear god this, they made him a complete autist instead of a heavily flawed human being would it kill them to add some of his internal monolouges during scenes?
>>
File: Charm2.jpg (285KB, 700x989px) Image search: [Google]
Charm2.jpg
285KB, 700x989px
>>149886776
Ugh. Fine.
>>149886809
Fuck Gaaf. He's not worthy. Ram isn't going to NTR her sister either. Let's get Otto to do it.
>>
>>149885317
>>149886476
>>149886673
Please kys you shitposting fucking autist. You make the same bait threads every fucking week trying to force your "Re zero is SAO" shitpost everywhere you go. You're not being clever nor are you fitting in.
>>
>>149886801
>>149886815
Ok. I will give a manga a shot.
>>
>>149886663
Not very, but he does learn over time. The big premise of this anime is that a sad nerd going to another world is still going to be the same sad nerd with the same baggage.

>>149886894
It's awkward to do that all the time in an anime. But this is where shifting around, remaking, adding scenes, and presenting scenes in a new way comes in handy. As much as anime original stuff triggers purists it does have its uses.
>>
File: 1477227494860.jpg (60KB, 640x590px) Image search: [Google]
1477227494860.jpg
60KB, 640x590px
>>149885881
>>149886508
Literally all Emilia and Subaru have done is kissed, and it was about as unromantic as it could be. Emilia has been confessed to countless times and never once returned Subaru's feelings, and I don't mean saying "I love you too" I mean in any way like "I don't like you" or "I'm not sure how I feel".

I really don't trust Tappei as a writer when it comes to Emilia, he clearly has this weird fascination with her solely motivated by his own weirdly specific fetish that he passed on to Subaru. Why did he write Rem so well as a love interest when he hasn't given the same care to Emilia over six Arcs? How many fucking times can Subaru confess before even Tappei admits it's pathetic?

I'm not saying this as a Remfag, but what exactly is supposed to be endearing about Subaru and Emilia's relationship? Why shouldn't we be cheering for Rem and for Subaru to realize how good she is for him?
>>
File: 1470905042654.jpg (10KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470905042654.jpg
10KB, 480x480px
>>149886980
>that image
>>
>>149886972
>Not very, but he does learn over time
>sad nerd
It's rather contradictory. How come the sad nerd is irrational?
>>
File: 145345643.png (264KB, 627x469px)
145345643.png
264KB, 627x469px
>>149886809
We got three options

>Gaaf and his muh sanctuary
>Otto and his gospel
>Subaru and the pity fuck

At this point I'd even settle for the guy who runs the fan-club in Arlam village.

>>149886980
>Q: In what way was the idea for the ReZero series born from?
>A: At a family restaurant with my friend “An incompetent protagonist that saves a silver haired heroine would be nice right? It’s nice right?” after drinking some ginger ale it somehow became that kind of mood.

>Q: Subaru has Rem, but why doesn’t he make a move when she’s that cute? Is he perhaps….
>A: Is he perhaps→incompetent.
>>
>>149851810
>Director
>Not the author

Why does /a/ ignore that LN/manga are things?
>>
>>149887148
I don't know how to read
>>
Nobody likes onis

Rem a shit
>>
File: 1477900754499.jpg (3MB, 4081x5916px) Image search: [Google]
1477900754499.jpg
3MB, 4081x5916px
>>149887105
What are you implying? That Emilia is the heroine and Rem is the love interest and it's been planned that way from the beginning? That's the only way it makes sense to me really.
>>
>>149886980
Emilia is a goddess and has personality other than "i wub you subaru-kun xd"
>>
>>149887087
Because he wanted to be the generic isekai hero of the story. He isn't.
>>
>>149886918
>>149887105
No, I want to be the one to cuck the clown.
>>
>>149887193
>
Nah, you've had it explained to you before. I know your writing style. I guess we've all become repetitive.
>>
>>149887192
Emilia is the heroine AND love interest. Rem is a third wheel that will end up BTFO at the end of the day.

>I love Emilia tho
>>
File: 1479243234505.png (321KB, 444x482px) Image search: [Google]
1479243234505.png
321KB, 444x482px
>>149887193
>Emilia has personality other than "i wub you subaru-kun xd"
We are reaching advanced levels of delusion
>>
>>149887087
I guess loser otaku is more accurate. I'm thinking more of the other side of being a nerd. He's intentionally flawed and delusional because someone who locks themselves in their room all day and skipped school to play galge games and shit isn't going to be suited for tackling the challenge of surviving in fantasy land.

>>149887237
Go be a retarded animeonly secondary somewhere else.
>>
File: ram.jpg (56KB, 838x335px) Image search: [Google]
ram.jpg
56KB, 838x335px
I just noticed. Left is Yen Press printed, right it Yen Press digital.
Is Ram flat?
>>
>>149886980
>what exactly is supposed to be endearing about Subaru and Emilia's relationship?
The pursuit of a goal with no real intent to reach it. We see Subaru's internal monologues a year later, where he's thinking about how he really isn't going to be ready for a relationship even years later. Let's really think about it. When did Subaru come to this conclusion?

I think Subaru wants to keep Emilia a bit distant. Just out of reach, where he can't catch her, so he always has something to chase.
>>
File: 14345432322.png (692KB, 727x1071px) Image search: [Google]
14345432322.png
692KB, 727x1071px
>>149887276
Ram isn't flat
>>
>>149887276
When speaking to Rem he made a joke about how she had a bigger chest than her sister. So make of that what you will.
>>
>>149887193
>Emilia is a goddess and has personality
Nice joke. Emilia's personality is to be as neutral and lukewarm as possible as to not offend anybody. Rem actually has bantz with Subaru and does significant stuff outside being dere.
>>
File: 1477289513482.png (327KB, 700x989px)
1477289513482.png
327KB, 700x989px
>>149887313
Well, she does.
>>149887294
Damn, Rem's Rems are pretty massive there.
>>149887328
In Emilia's favor, she does call Subaru stupid and compare him to a child at times.
>>
>>149887193
it's not like she was always like that, she fucking wrecked Subaru with her mace at first
>>
>>149887193
Look at this animeonlyfag.
Emilia has less personality then Rem, trust me reading her interactions with Subaru make me bored out of my mind; she is also mindbogglingly naive.
>>
>>149887199
Ok. It's rather interesting concept.
>>149887264
>I guess loser otaku is more accurate.
Ah, that explains it.

Being calm, calculating, rational and analytical makes MC boring and bland, isn't it?
>>
>>149887278
>where he's thinking about how he really isn't going to be ready for a relationship even years later.
>where he's thinking about how he really isn't going to be ready for a relationship even years later.
But that's not even his choice. He's known Emilia for a long enough time for her to make a decision of whether or not they should be in a relationship and they've even kissed. She just straight up never returned his feelings. All she's really said is that she appreciates how much he cares about her. Subaru doesn't feel he's ready for a relationship because of Rem, the WN even says they're equal in his heart or something.

I want to like Emilia, I really do. Tappei just needs to give us a fucking reason to outside of she's a pretty elf-girl that Subaru likes.
>>
>>149887412
>Currently reading arc 4
>All Emilia does is occasionally giggle at something Otto and Subaru say
Please tell me it gets better.
>>
>>149887453
It doesn't. According to people who've read ahead in Japanese, Arc 4 is Emilia's biggest Arc development-wise.
>>
>>149887420
Subaru can be at times, but how he thinks is rather, how do you put it, scummy. Also the WN > LN > Manga > Anime
>>149872684
>>
>>149887453
Other than her contributing to defeat Regulus in arc 5? No, I can't think of anything.
>>
>>149887420
Depends on the story really. Everyone is kind of hesitant to use this word despite being a useful paraphrase even if it's not 100% their preferred definition or something, but fuck it. If he were like that then it would be more like your typical isekai story while this is closer to a deconstruction.
>>
>>149885181
Probably someone like Regulus, that guy is a piece of shit.

I'm on the fence with Roswaal, since I'd need to see more of his own thoughts on matters and how many clown layers the rabbit hole goes. On one hand, he's a selfish piece of shit that is probably doing things just for his waifu and has committed all sorts of atrocities. But, similar to Freddie's thinking on the matter, his habits have helped a number of people as well. It depends mostly on if he is purely selfish and always focused on his own ends or not.
>>
>>149885393
>She uses all the Lugnica names for ingredients because its hard to kick the habit
>People think its just an adorable marketing gimmick
>>
File: 1475448198855.jpg (366KB, 700x989px) Image search: [Google]
1475448198855.jpg
366KB, 700x989px
>>149886918
Dammit anon at least finish it
>>
>>149885660
I hope Ram drinks heavily during the pregnancy
>>
>>149885660
I like this variation of the dark lord meme.
>>
>>149886765
He doesn't think so, but its not like he knows everything. He can't even ask Al if its possible because Al never bothered to look into it either.
>>
File: 1479181793204.jpg (108KB, 1020x756px) Image search: [Google]
1479181793204.jpg
108KB, 1020x756px
What are the odds that Reinhardt goes haywaire
>>
>>149887665
We really don't know at this point what the end goal of Reinhardt is supposed to be.
>>
File: 1479236516414.jpg (80KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
1479236516414.jpg
80KB, 800x712px
>>149885317
My one grip is that we rarely ever get to see a reaction to Subaru's death. We get a couple of "What if" stuff in Echinda's trials but other then that Subaru dying isn't really impact on the story.

When a character dies its supposed to be a important moment in a story and change its dynamic. Its the part of the story were characters can be effected and show development and good exposition. But when Subaru keeps getting knocked back to Zero we don't get to see a reaction out of anyone.
>>
>>149887626
The answer is kind of there, but it's not right in your face. By this point they would both know the limits of magic in this world. Teleportation is a novel thing that only someone super powerful and advanced like Beatrice can do and that's her signature move. I don't think even Roswaal could use it. So with that in mind Satella might be the only being powerful or capable enough to do it in the first place. I'm sure the "effectively no teleportation magic" thing was intentional too.
>>
>>149887665
The odds of Trump becoming President
>>
>>149887665
Maybe he can get a blessing that allows him to know about Subaru's rewind ability.

And proceed to lock him in a death cycle until he stops trying to help Satella.
>>
>>149887294
Manga gave them a boob upgrade. Ram isn't flat, but she has pretty small breasts.
>>
>>149887665
Equal to the odds of Subaru becoming dark lord
>>
>>149887700
Well we do get to see other characters die in the series and the reactions to it. As them dying really does ripple through the entire story like Fourier, Theresia and the Archbishops. As well as the character's reactions to Rem' "death".
>>
>>149887495
Well, I hear she gets some big moments near the end of Arc 4 and she helps solve all the problems by finally being competent for once. From what I've read in the summary, she seems to become more assertive and play a role as an actively contributing member of the party in the future. However, I've got no idea how it'll read once we get there.

I do know that Sirius doesn't use her Kiznaiver powers to hurt her, because she feels Emilia is "unworthy of love", which reminds me of how rarely we see Emilia get physically messed up. Then she gets kidnapped by the invulnerable dude, and helps solve that problem by freezing his wives.
>>
>>149887276
She's between an A and B cup.
>>
>>149887700
I can kind of understand why we don't. There's no right answer to this sadly as you'll displease others no matter what you do, but scenes like that would be filler. Nothing we see in that utterly failed loop will amount to anything in advancing the plot, unless there's a dramatic irony thing to establish. As nice as they would be. There are occasions where Subaru is actively dying while others are present like Julius and Ferris at least.
>>
>>149887700
We get reactions out of his near deaths though. I think he's done a good job of showing how certain characters would react. You even get what Julius and Felix would think when they have to put him down.
>>
File: 143098765.jpg (54KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
143098765.jpg
54KB, 1024x768px
>>149887798
It really does sound like she's getting everything handed to her on a silver platter in that regard. Kinda sucks she hasn't struggled to the degree the others had.
>>
>>149887798
That's what I mean, she gets "some" moments in Arc 4 but that's about it.
>reminds me of how rarely we see Emilia get physically messed up
Yep, Tappei really doesn't ever want to kill his waifu in brutal ways. That's part of the problem, whenever she suffers it's either off-screen or her death is instantaneous. Another reason why it's hard to like her over Rem who literally had fought off the cult and had all her joints twisted and still managed to do something useful afterwards.
>>
File: build a big wall.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
build a big wall.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>149887729
Make Lucigna great again
>>
>>149887804
>>149887808
But you see where I am coming from? Sure we get the "near death" experience but that's just leaving me feeling like the surface was only scratched.
>>
>>149886969
Fyi the mangas are incomplete so you might wanna read what you can and then marathon the anime. Since as of right now the manga is behind the anime.
>>
>>149887998
You know its bad when the anime is further ahead.
>>
>>149887886
>>149887897
I want to avoid biasing myself too much against Emilia, just in case she actually becomes great. The thing is, I've been told she's actually extremely powerful and has a crapload of mana. Emilia's only held back by her literal retardation.
>>
File: 1468735951359.jpg (35KB, 256x272px)
1468735951359.jpg
35KB, 256x272px
>>149888022
It hurts

But at least we got the WN and LN to work off of
>>
>>149887934
Felt was a more memorable character than Emilia

Fight me.
>>
>>149887973
I know, but the only way for something like that to happen and matter is if he fakes his death or someone mistakes that he died for awhile.

>>149887897
This actually sort of bothers me a bit. Rem gets all her limbs stabbed/burned to the point of uselessness, along with other injuries, then gets them all broken and mangled, including her neck. Then crawls on those broken, twisted limbs to get over to Subaru and expend her life bleeding on the shackles and breaking them with magic, then she dies. That's fucking rough.

It looks like in at least one of the loops Emilia probably died in a similar way to Rem given that her flower and hair piece were elsewhere, and there was a blood trail going to the hidden passage, but we never really see it.

Now, the part that actually bothers me most about that is how easily Emilia settles for simply dying last. I can understand that Ram would pressure her into trying to be safe, but at the point you've got Ram dying to try and save the kids is about the point I would expect Emilia to at least try and stop that shit, but she really doesn't seem to.
>>
>>149888029
She does have that power, but shes not in the top 5 strongest that's for sure.
>>
>>149887886
It's a mixed bag. While there's truth in those words she's a bad end magnet and Subaru has just beem fending them off but she has defied her fate constantly. Her past was also filled with suffering, she still suffers prejudice, had to turn to Roswaal in desperation, and she had no friends besides Puck until recently.

>>149888022
They're monthly releases though I think there's more chapters than we have right now but the translators are slow.
>>
>>149887192
>Holding the hem of her skirt while flipping through the air, a sound effect not unlike an explosion sounded out accompanying Rem’s landing?? Blowing away the cloud of dust with a wave of her hand, everyone’s eyes were focused on her.
>“And so, Subaru-kun. Don’t you have something to say to say to Rem?”
>“Rem, you’re a supermaid with seriously good timing! I’ve fallen in love with you again!”
>“If you praise me so much I’ll get bothered”
>While the stooge’s stooges were on their toes from Rem’s sudden entrance, Rem and Subaru fell into their normal daily routine. Rem fidgeting from side to side, her face red from Subaru’s praise. The first to act was the big stooge, a vein bulging from listening to the two’s conversation.

I mean, the fact Subaru and Rem cuddling and praising each other being their daily routine is a thing
>>
While we're talking about this I think they should have played up Emilia's childish nature in the anime more. She got watered down too like other characters did. Did she even stick out her tongue once?
>>
DESS
>>
>>149888079
Emila is more memorable and relevant than remshit. In before cucks bawwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>149888095
She killed Pandora a few times, back when she was a kid.
>>
File: 1477319777792.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477319777792.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>149888185
>Emila is more memorable and relevant than remshit.

Oh Anon...
>>
>>149888185
>couldn't even reply without bringing up Rem

Jej. Good try
>>
>>149888161
Sadly no, but her childish personality is something she keeps on the downlow, considering she has only ever acted like a child when Rem accidentally roofied her.
>>
File: 1475898470623.jpg (50KB, 499x361px) Image search: [Google]
1475898470623.jpg
50KB, 499x361px
>>149888185
>Emila is more memorable and relevant than remshit
>>
>>149888185
The most memorable thing Emilia did in the whole series was get mentioned at a really inappropriate time.

Fight me faggot.
>>
File: 1475679463337.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475679463337.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>149888185
>>
File: 1478577980293.png (2MB, 1075x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1478577980293.png
2MB, 1075x1518px
Bump limit reached, post your rarest Rems!
>>
File: 57735637_p0.jpg (128KB, 700x899px) Image search: [Google]
57735637_p0.jpg
128KB, 700x899px
>>149888185
Well, to take the bait, Emilia is a character I feel I'd instantly forget if she wasn't part of a series with other characters I'm far more interested in. Like Otto or Betelgeuse.
>>
File: 1479242743170.png (388KB, 601x850px)
1479242743170.png
388KB, 601x850px
>>
File: 1477268907628.png (202KB, 550x674px)
1477268907628.png
202KB, 550x674px
>>
File: 1477329197239.png (583KB, 1200x1200px)
1477329197239.png
583KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: 1478336866268.jpg (698KB, 1654x930px)
1478336866268.jpg
698KB, 1654x930px
>>149888318
Rem and shota Subaru doujins when
>>
File: 1477539286576.jpg (529KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477539286576.jpg
529KB, 844x1200px
>>
File: 1479426318405.png (1MB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479426318405.png
1MB, 842x1200px
>>
>>149888237
She lets it slip when Subaru and her banter. In the novels she often sticks her tongue and stuff to get the last word in. It kind of shows she's not so above it all. By comparison in the anime, she just seems kind of brooding and lost (more often than she was) just like Rem was far less manipulative and sardonic than she should have been.
>>
>>149888185
Season 2 gonna be great when Emilia gets overshadowed by literally a lizard
>>
>>149887798

Tappei can't bring himself to write scenes with gore and torture directed at his waifu.
>>
>>149888412
The doujin scene will also be all Echidna and Minerva.
>>
>>149888409
Its a bit harder to pick up on, but she has her weird childish verbal tick where she drags out certain words. But I agree they could've done more with it. The Break Time/Petits have more of the silly sides of the characters, I think the anime over did it a bit on the serious business.
>>
>>149888161
Doesn't she keep her childish nature hidden though? I've never seen her act childish except for "King". Come to think of it Tappei said Subaru has an affinity for little girls, isn't Emilia mentally a little girl? That's probably why they hit off initially so well.
>>
File: 1478211928617.jpg (668KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1478211928617.jpg
668KB, 800x1131px
>>149888412
>Season 2 going to be great
Nah, Season 3 is going to be great. That's when we get more Rem.
>>
File: 1478315980566.png (4MB, 3052x1808px) Image search: [Google]
1478315980566.png
4MB, 3052x1808px
>>149888412
>Season 2 has Witches and War
>Season 3 has Rem and whatever twisted shit is coming our way

Its going to be a fun ride if they ever make one.
>>
>>149888465
You wish. Arc 4 is long as fuck. Even if they cut it down a bunch because of all the shit involved it'd probably be all of S2. If they get a S3 and it covers both arcs 5 and 6, potato might wake up for the last 25%
>>
File: 59889392_p2.png (605KB, 800x1130px)
59889392_p2.png
605KB, 800x1130px
>>149888465
Will Subaru ever fuck his childhood friend?
>>
>>149888426
Oh please, anon don't say that. Don't give me hope like that again. It will hurt too much.
>>
File: 1478891407073.jpg (101KB, 735x868px) Image search: [Google]
1478891407073.jpg
101KB, 735x868px
>>149888426
Minerva is cute. CUUUTE.
>>
File: 1469836779582.png (280KB, 410x434px) Image search: [Google]
1469836779582.png
280KB, 410x434px
>>149888534
You're right about that. Season 4?
>>
>>149888464
She does for the most part but doesn't always succeed. I read those LN ebooks (ctrl f pastebin) and kaguro's arc 3 stuff and she often very briefly breaks that facade when it comes to Subaru. She was arguing against Subaru going to the capital at the start of arc 3 when it was decided he would go to see Ferris and when it's revealed Subaru is all like wtf? And she pouts that she didn't want it so seem like he was getting his way because it annoyed her.
>>
>>149888534
>Even if they cut it down a bunch because of all the shit involved it'd probably be all of S2
Trust me, they'll be cutting A LOT. There's no way Sanctuary will be all of season 2 and there's no way they wouldn't want to end it with the war in Arc 5. It'll be significant part of season 2, but not all of it. In case you didn't notice Arc 4 is verbose as fuck, there's a lot of pointless scenes and loops.
>>149888574
No he's not.
>>
File: Sleeping Beauty.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping Beauty.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>149888539
We all know what the doujin scene will really be all about.
>>
>>149888544
How can a girl that destroys cities be so cute?
>>
>>149888185

You know when someone's a sad individual when they prefer a character whose only noteworthy action was happening to look like the main character's ideal fetish bait.
>>
File: 1467156442374.png (232KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1467156442374.png
232KB, 582x582px
>>149888597
>There will be one doujin about this

If we ever get a season 2 there will be all kinds of fucked up.
>>
File: Cw51yC7UoAAxXE3.jpg (105KB, 720x954px)
Cw51yC7UoAAxXE3.jpg
105KB, 720x954px
>>149888544
I almost kinda wish she wasn't dead. Minerva is a real bro
>>
>>149888425
It's unintentionally brilliant. Or maybe it is intentional. She represents this ideal in many ways, and it also kind of picks apart what that ideal would entail like how she is mentally 13. And on that note it's interesting that many of us chose the less than ideal and flawed maid over that ideal princess.
>>
>>149888597
Subaru needs to come on her horn
>>
>>149888692
Because no one actually wants a Princess.
>>
File: 1478792876594.jpg (136KB, 1014x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1478792876594.jpg
136KB, 1014x1007px
>>149888598
Um, she prefers to be known as the girl who heals and fights for justice, thank you very much!
>>
File: 59279033.jpg (177KB, 450x699px)
59279033.jpg
177KB, 450x699px
>>149888692
Tappei did say he disliked how isekais were generally done and how it panders to people's tastes, is this silently teaching people to love flawed women or something?
>>
>>149888795
I think I'll respect his opinion once he finishes this story. Imagine if Leonardo only finished half of the Mona Lisa.

Lets see where his Isekai goes before we can take his criticism of others.
>>
>>149888534
>Arc 4 is long as fuck
>it'd probably be all of S2

They wouldn't do that. Arc 4 is easily the worst Arc, if they made that the entirety of season 2 they'd never ever make a season 3. It's just not interesting enough to carry a 26 episode season.

The LNs for all of Arc 4 aren't even out yet right? I'm imagining some major edits there, the WN pages of Arc 4 are going to outnumber War and Peace by the time it's done based on the pace of the "summary". Then the anime will probably take scapel and cut any remaining unessential fat. There's a shit ton of fluff in Arc 4, I think squeezing Arc 4 and 5 together is doable.
>>
File: 1470929188961.jpg (61KB, 809x700px) Image search: [Google]
1470929188961.jpg
61KB, 809x700px
Ferri and Crusch-sama deserve only happiness.
>>
>>149888891
Let's all take a moment and thank Moot for not giving Ferris-fag an impressive get.
>>
File: 1468884418876.png (247KB, 743x531px) Image search: [Google]
1468884418876.png
247KB, 743x531px
>>149888625
One? Make it several.
>>
>>149888795
Maybe. I think there's shades of that in there. She definitely contrasts with Emilia just by being a mere servant. But I also think Rem herself represents some ideals like how eager she was to please really plays into medio fetish. Yet like Emilia there's much more going on than that and it came at a hefty cost of having a big inferiority complex and really just doing it to feel good about herself through praise.
>>
>>149888905

Hmph, I've got plenty enough.
>>
>>149888692

It's the number one reason to be an Emiliafag.

You already know ahead of time she's going to wind up on top of everything because Tappei shows more favoritism for her than Rem does subaru in the AU.

It doesn't even matter if the writing contradicts itself so far. Tappei has 5 more arcs to fluff up emilia since he won't ever get rid of her.
>>
>>149888944
Plenty enough dick in your ass maybe
>>
File: 1466689273775.jpg (34KB, 960x498px)
1466689273775.jpg
34KB, 960x498px
>>149888625
>mfw there will be doujins of Petra

Please no
>>
>>149888795

>He thought Rem's clinginess would be a turn off.

>He thought taking the stereotypical meido loyalty too far would cause people to back away in disgust.

>He was oh so wrong.
>>
>>149888885
Arc 4 LNs just started. There's only one volume so far and it's confirmed, haven't heard a detailed list of specifics though, that they reworked and condensed things.
>>
>>149888960

Rude
>>
>>149888795
If you think about it, all the popular characters like Minerva, Echidna, Rem etc. are all inherently flawed, shitty people. Yet Tappei has somehow made us love them.
>>
>>149888988
>also short blue hair
>more popular than creator's waifu

Wait a minute, it's Rei all over again.
>>
>>149888940
Honestly, I think the AU shows that Rem's more high maintenance than you might expect from the eager to serve maid. Hell, the extra chapters already make it pretty clear that keeping Rem happy and making her feel loved isn't all that easy, at least not if you want to do it right.
>>149888986
I'll go dig it up.
>>
>>149889051
Oh fuck he's right.
>>
>>149888720
How's he even going to get it out?
>>
>>149889037
I think when you mean inherently flawed you mean dynamic.
>>
>>149889037
Rem's saving grace at least is that she's trying to get better but it's not easy to change yourself so quickly.
>>
>>149889062
High maintenance indeed. Though she never really asked to be pampered this badly. But who can blame Subaru for spoiling the shit out of his wife?
>>
File: 59971803_p0.jpg (403KB, 705x1000px)
59971803_p0.jpg
403KB, 705x1000px
>>149888986
Those eyes are just precious.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59971803
>>
File: 1478242610911.png (646KB, 703x885px)
1478242610911.png
646KB, 703x885px
>>149888988
>Create character that transitions from absolute disgust of the MC to unconditional love
>Have that character not only love MC but is aggressive in her affection and still isn't afraid to have bantz with him
>Make said character cute maid fetish fuel
>Make said character go to absolutely absurd lengths to protect the MC, to the point it can't be called anything but admirable
>Dedicate the best and longest monologue in the series to the MC and said character exchanging their feelings for each other, kinda, and then add the title drop for good measure.
>Make MC confess his love for said character before he even does so for the main girl
>Put said character in coma, causing her to compel fans to read the WN regularly hoping she one day wakes up

Rem is truly and utterly best girl
>>
>>149889123
That's cute
>>
>>149888988
I don't think he didn't see this coming.
>>
>>149889051

When people ask why only emilia won despite all the hints for rem, tappei will pull an Anno and go STFU, this is my story, deal with it.
>>
>>149889015
>There's only one volume so far and it's confirmed, haven't heard a detailed list of specifics though, that they reworked and condensed things.
Good, we know yet how much they edited from the first volume? Arc 4 is pissing me off with it's length. I read 300 pages of the summary and then realized I was barely a fifth of the way done. Fuck that. I'm sure they realized if they're going to keep their readers A LOT needs to be thrown away from that Arc.
>>
File: 1456190830072.jpg (143KB, 543x522px) Image search: [Google]
1456190830072.jpg
143KB, 543x522px
>>149888988
I'm telling you people Tappei planned to make Rem best girl from the start. Why else would he write the titledrop as her confession scene?
>>
File: Emilia ice.jpg (42KB, 480x897px) Image search: [Google]
Emilia ice.jpg
42KB, 480x897px
>>149889133
Rem is garbage. Ram and Emilia are better.
>>
>>149889187
Because he apparently thought of the title drop scene first, then possibly wrote Rem just to say it.
>>
File: 1477817944189.jpg (378KB, 1079x1200px)
1477817944189.jpg
378KB, 1079x1200px
>>149889200
Lol Anon you're so funny!
>>
>>149889170
She kind of has to die for her to lose at this point. Yes, that is a possibility but I'll really fucking impressed if he manages to find a creative way for her to perma die without rehashing how she stayed in a coma.
>>
File: i11163500398.png (3MB, 1920x1425px) Image search: [Google]
i11163500398.png
3MB, 1920x1425px
>>149889120
Not asking actually just makes it harder. Rem's self-sacrificing nature means she'll quietly bear a lot, and it's clear she finds it hard to believe she's truly loved by anyone. Even after the confession, all she's hoping for is that Subaru will remember to make sure she's there.

All that shit AU Subaru does for her? That shit is pretty much necessary to keeping her happy and making sure she feels loved.
>>
Doesn't Vol 10 have like 20 WN chapters?
>>
File: Just a prank Subaru-kun!.jpg (72KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
Just a prank Subaru-kun!.jpg
72KB, 800x585px
>>149889133
Okay, you did good, have a reward.
>>
>>149889231
Something like that. It gets through the first trial I think. Probably condensed his family stuff into one or two chapters.
>>
File: d4e1978.jpg (662KB, 1000x1273px)
d4e1978.jpg
662KB, 1000x1273px
>>149888318
>>
>>149889133
She didn't have absolute disgust in every loop. It's a little iffy but when he wakes up in every loop she just has a strong distrust and it develops from there.
>>
File: 59630580.jpg (3MB, 3500x2533px)
59630580.jpg
3MB, 3500x2533px
>>
File: 1478803046278.jpg (194KB, 1531x766px)
1478803046278.jpg
194KB, 1531x766px
>>149889222
>if he manages to find a creative way for her to perma die without rehashing how she stayed in a coma
This, Rem is guaranteed to stay alive if she wakes up until the very end. Then and only then could she die, but Subaru couldn't have his RbD powers if she were to. I imagine Tappei would make it so in the final part Subaru loses that ability somehow. Either way, a character waking up from a coma removes a lot of death flags in just about any medium.

Rem also promised to stay be Subaru's side forever, so we're definitely getting some lovey-dovey scenes. Hell, even if she wakes up with no memories it just means there'll be several chapters of Subaru trying to win her over again.
>>
>>149889307
>sleeping on the job
What a baka
>>
>>149889307
Subaru shouldn't leave his Rem lying around, something bad could happen to it.
>>
File: 1479361556409.gif (470KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1479361556409.gif
470KB, 400x224px
>>149889291
>>
File: 1477738448367.jpg (382KB, 480x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1477738448367.jpg
382KB, 480x3200px
>>149889318
That's what sleeping beauties do Anon
>>
>>149889310
I'd rather go with the option where she remembers everything, even the shit Subaru said to her while she was in a coma, because that would actually shakeup the status quo more than anything else. It'd be kind of hard to avoid actually being in some kind of relationship with her at that point.
>>
>>149889222
>>149889310
I got a despair prediction

Subaru is forced to choose either Emilia or Rem to save with RbD, Rem makes the decision for him and pushes him away
>>
>>149889367
I'm guessing she keeps her memories too. There's a line in Arc 6 that was translated where one of the characters felt Rem's love for Subaru coming through or something. It wouldn't make sense for that line to be there only to make her forget everything.
>>
>>149889393
That's just the exact kinda shit Rem would try to do but please no. My heart couldn't take it.
>>
>>149889393
That is a very Rem thing to do, and she needs to stop it.
>>
File: 1477433542881.png (423KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1477433542881.png
423KB, 540x810px
>>149889393
If Subaru still had RbD he'd kill himself and redo everything. But yeah that's possible.
>>
>>149889310
>tfw despite Subaru's efforts to get her to use superior 2ch memes, Rem expresses her love over the phone with cringe inducing facebook memes
>>
File: 1478293121419.jpg (24KB, 540x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478293121419.jpg
24KB, 540x272px
>>149889455
>implying that's not cute as fuck
>>
File: 1464325553114.jpg (51KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464325553114.jpg
51KB, 400x400px
>>149889393
>Wishing plays
>>
>>149889455
>She does it because she thinks his reactions are cute, not because she hasn't painstakingly researched all of his memes to the point where she knows them better than he does.
>>
File: 14755575.jpg (49KB, 630x322px) Image search: [Google]
14755575.jpg
49KB, 630x322px
>>149889393
Please no
>>
>>149889485
I could see it, what would his reaction be when he discovers the truth?
>>
File: Rem Push.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Rem Push.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>149889393
>Rem makes the decision for him and pushes him away
>He reaches out his hand and pulls her with him
It'd be like pottery
>>
File: 1477982225443.png (236KB, 700x575px) Image search: [Google]
1477982225443.png
236KB, 700x575px
>>149889476
I didn't imply such a thing. Also thank god Subaru isn't a dense or gynophobic MC. That's one great thing no matter how you feel about him otherwise.
>>
File: 01_fin.png (342KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
01_fin.png
342KB, 1131x1600px
>>149889509
>>
File: 1476909808386.png (1018KB, 849x1200px)
1476909808386.png
1018KB, 849x1200px
Over 600 posts, I'm proud of you bros.
>>
File: 1463869465724.png (30KB, 231x143px) Image search: [Google]
1463869465724.png
30KB, 231x143px
>>149889568
>>
>>149889575
And with such little gay catman! Good job Ferrisfag!
>>
File: Just-a-Prank.jpg (168KB, 1720x676px) Image search: [Google]
Just-a-Prank.jpg
168KB, 1720x676px
>>149889506
>Series ends with everyone Emilia ever knew dying in horrible ways, while she somehow manages to avoid even getting a scratch.
>She finally just goes and kills herself, so no one has to suffer because of her ever again.
>>149889509
Hrm. Who knows? Maybe he'd come up with some kind of dumbass convoluted revenge plot?
>>149889568
Or this. This looks about right.
>>
>>149889594
>She finally just goes and kills herself, so no one has to suffer because of her ever again.
Even I would feel really bad for Emilia if that happened, since she sort of wanted to avoid it in the first place.
>>
>>149889592

Understand already, Ferri is not gay.
>>
File: 1465537362523.jpg (9KB, 131x155px)
1465537362523.jpg
9KB, 131x155px
>>149889568
S-Stop this
>>
File: 02_fin.jpg (303KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02_fin.jpg
303KB, 1117x1600px
>>149889587
>>149889631
>>
>>149889650
Monster
>>
>>149889650
I want to see Subaru getting Rem involved in his chuuni bullshit!
>>
File: 14345677.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14345677.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>149889650
Yeah, that's physical abuse right there.
>>
>>149889727
I know he corrupts Emilia with it a bit, I don't know how Rem would handle it. She probably usually thinks its kind of stupid and just sort of accepts it or plays along, I don't know if she'd really take part. Although in the AU if he gets her worked up enough she can say some pretty embarrassing things.
>>
>>149889755
She likely views it as derp moe. But if Subaru tries to get her into it, seems passionate, and treats it like it's important to him she'll probably go along with it and then get sucked right in before she knows it.
>>
How in the fuck did we get 600+ posts?
>>
>>149889924
We're not making new threads so we stick with this even after the bump limit was reached.
>>
File: 1475261178385.png (255KB, 508x373px) Image search: [Google]
1475261178385.png
255KB, 508x373px
Subbaru is a piece of shit who sometimes doesn't know what he wants, then suddenly wants evey girl and everything, then autistically clings onto them until he gets what he wants. Ferri is a pure angel who simply wants his goddess, but is ready to wait until his goddess wants him.
>>
>>149889961
I know that, but usually they only go a little bit past 500.
>>
>>149890007
>Implying he didn't murder his romantic rival and keeps his zombified remains in a basement for later use.
>>
>>149890047

Ferri would never murder his bro. It was the god damn dragon and his blood.
>>
>>149890007
Subaru is a whore. Consider if the male characters were switched to females and females were switched to males. Just how awkward the 'I want both Rem and Emilia' situation would be if the MC was a girl who wanted to keep two different guys to herself.
>>
>>149890068
It's worth noting it wasn't his idea initially though. Rem gave him a way out and he clung to it. All three of them are a little stunted in some way.
>>
>>149890007
>>149890007
Ferriposter, that's not accurate. He made it clear what he wanted very early on and then Rem weaseled her way into his heart. Say what you want about that but there was no 'sometimes doesn't know what he wants' or wanting everything or every girl unless every girl not named Rem and Emilia died.
>>
>>149890103
I think its kind of funny how she takes the lizard more seriously than Emilia.
>>
>>149890037
Because we move to a new thread once bump limit reaches
>>
File: 1477080220367.png (1MB, 913x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1477080220367.png
1MB, 913x1111px
>>149890142
It's very cute
>>
>>149890142
With good reason
>>
>>149890142
Her feelings on Emilia are just complicated plus everyone at the mansion gets a pass from her being openly envious.

https://lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/arc-3-rem-taking-care-of-subaru-and-camping-out/

Has a lot of insight on it.
>>
File: 1471901014568.png (529KB, 751x860px)
1471901014568.png
529KB, 751x860px
Subbaru even almost fell in love with Crusch-sama (can't blame him) while in love with Emilia and Remu-chan. The idea of him autistically clinging onto Crusch-sama makes me disgusted.
>>
>>149890280
Subaru never fell for Crusch though.
>>
>>149890280
>Subbaru even almost fell in love with Crusch-sama
What the fuck are you saying
>>
>>149890280
Reminder that if it wasn't for catfag Rem would've been Subaru's first kiss.
>>
>>149890292

After Whale he almost jumped on her, the disgusting fuck.
>>
>>149890307
No, no he did not
>>
>>149890316

I swear he said to her it was a "close call" or something.

Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>149890280
>>149890307
He was just giving her a cool guy compliment. honestly he should've jumped Crusch after the shit that fucking cat pulled.
>>
>>149890280
I know you're joking but there are people retarded enough to think that line was 100% serious and not just lighthearted flattery.
>>
>>149890368
See >>149890347
He's actually that retarded
>>
>>149890368

Subbaru better keep it as flattery in the future too.
>>
>>149890280
>subaru even considering coming between crusch and her cat
>>
>>149851810
the thing i've never understood about the show is why he tries so hard.

the amount of effort he tries to gain the friendship of these shitheads is unrealistic to what any normal person would ever do if he were in his shoes, and its a big part of the reason why i dislike re:zero. most would just move on to cheat or game the system in their favor rather than to gain the love or friendship of fucks that try to kill you.

which could have maybe been avoided if we had a backstory towards subarus character before being thrown into a new world.
>>
The idea of Subbaru getting kissed by the goddess in the VN also makes me disgusted.

Goddesses should only kiss angels, not rusting cars.
>>
>>149890442

Nice
>>
>>149890442
Kek, nice job.
>>
>>149890443
>which could have maybe been avoided if we had a backstory towards subarus character before being thrown into a new world.
He was a shithead who was checking out, which he explained in the series. What you want is his internal monologues that show he was desperate for anybody in the new world. He latched on to basically the first couple people he met and clings to them.

>>149890442
Okay, that's pretty funny.
>>
>>149890443
Because originally before he first died in the mansion he did become somewhat friends with everyone. yeah, Rem and Ram were still kinda cold to him, but it was still SOMEWHAT playful. Besides, you learn across the story that Subaru really really wants validation, that's why he chases after Emilia so much, because he needs her validation. I wouldn't even call him in love with her (even though he insists that he is). He just wants to feel like he matters to people. That's just my interpretation, I could be way off.
>>
File: 1475228039662.jpg (174KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
1475228039662.jpg
174KB, 1000x713px
>>149890443
Aside from salvaging his friendship in the first loop? Because he had nothing else in that world. Who is he going to turn to? He also had delusions of being a more typical LN protagonist. It needed anime original scenes to really get this across like this kind of scene shown early. But I feel like it should have been clear when he's talking about having special powers and complaining about the ice magic looking disappointingly realistic.
>>
>>149890541
Some people have really short memories. I don't think that would've helped. That whole scene where someone is about to get run over by a wagon tells you everything you need to know and some people still didn't get it until he started having a meltdown in episode 18.
>>
>>149890577
Which wagon scene? I actually forgot.
>>
>>149890594
When he stops to try and reveal his sick magic and almost watches a little girl become roadkill. That would've been a pretty horrific start to his adventure if based guard didn't save her.
>>
>>149890594
The very first thing he does when he arrives is witness someone about to get run over by a wagon. What does he do? He poses dramatically and starts announcing loudly that he will now use magic for the first time to save them. While a competent guard rushes in and tackles them out of harm's way.
>>
>>149890611
>>149890632
Seriously. He sees it coming and instead of helping he stops to meme. He probably would've either broken or gotten fixed faster if he had to watch them die.
>>
File: 005.jpg (197KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
197KB, 860x1236px
>>149890732
You know, when you have been reading the latter parts of the story and then revisit the very first act it's really kind of a shock how much worse he was.
>>
New thread or no?
>>
>>149890777
Because he was a dumbass who assumed everything would work like in his anime (heh) and he'd be the hero and that this fantasy world was made for him and should revolve around him. That's why i personally call the story a deconstruction, because Subaru is fairly useless for the most part and although the story does revolve around him, the world does not, he's just a peon who keeps trying to insert himself.
>>
Bros, these threads are comfy, even if we don't agree about all things.
>>
>>149890847
If you want to, but without summaryanon don't expect someone to make one for you.
>>
File: 1479461558127.jpg (152KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1479461558127.jpg
152KB, 1440x810px
>>149890870
True.
>>
>>149890848
He hasn't realized Priscilla is the MC yet.
>>
>>149890893

It seems that when I make a thread, people think they are forced to make another.
>>
>>149890925
Someone is going to complain no matter who makes it. Don't pay it too much heed.
>>
>>149890978

Thank you my bro.

NEW THREAD

>>149891034
>>149891034
>>149891034
>>149891034
>>149891034
Thread posts: 659
Thread images: 175

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.