[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it guaranteed to become a lost film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: gothicmade.jpg (81KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
gothicmade.jpg
81KB, 317x450px
Is it guaranteed to become a lost film?
>>
>>149808330

From what I've read online, the creator is just waiting for technology to get better so it can be viewed as it was intended, or something of that sort. Which is something like watching it in 4K, which is possible now, so maybe it'll come out some day soon. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Point is that it'll come out some day. It won't be lost. Hopefully.
>>
>>149808330
They screen it whenever they get enough requests, so no, it isn't lost in any sense. It's just extremely inconvenient to see.
>>
>>149808876

Not like the 4K matters, I've heard the animation on it wasn't that great, so it's no second coming of Five Star Stories.
>>
>>149809957
The old FSS movie is arguably one of the most high-budget films ever made in the era of cel animation, so asking any modern movie to reach that level, nevermind one with only 4 key animators, is a tad insane.
>>
>>149809355

Can I request they screen it in a BD release?
>>
>>149809355
I hate to admit it but how they're showing this movie is kind of genius. Spend no money whatsoever on advertising and let word of mouth and social media do the trick. Have people request to see this movie in certain prefectures. Limit the screenings to only around 300 people per theater to increase the "exclusivity" and make it impossible to do a camrip. And let it go sit in theaters for years. And make no promises of ever letting a BD come out. I'll bet this movie has made back at least ten times its production cost in Japan. Only problem is us Gaijins are totally fucked.

Imagine if Anno did this with the Rebuilds- I wonder how much more cash he would have milked from the Otaku?
>>
>>149813951
Also forgot to mention, Gothicmade's tickets cost 1800 yen a piece. A normal movie ticket in Japan costs from 1200-1500 yen. They're really advertising it like a luxury item.
>>
File: volks_jagd.jpg (146KB, 472x688px) Image search: [Google]
volks_jagd.jpg
146KB, 472x688px
>>149813951
And for those of you who think this idea is far-fetched, I implore you to look up the history of FSS resin kits. They're distributed in a somewhat similar fashion to this movie. Except unlike the kits, the movie isn't a physical model that can copied by Chinese pirates.
>>
File: 1476793840934.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1476793840934.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>149808330
The PV looked like shit. Imagine if they did this with something actually good though.

Like Nausicaa tier good. If it was done by an elite team and a reputable studio, it could work like this.
>Auction off first tictet
>This gets you an exclusive viewing and two more tickets.
>next showing is two people, next is four, next is 8, etc.

I'm a fucking genius
>>
>>149814143
>The PV looked like shit.

What's wrong with it? Only problem I have is that they cropped it from the original resolution and messed with the colors. The old PV's from 2010 looked much better.
>>
>>149814188
Great until you see the robots move

It's a fucking mecha and the mechs look like shit, 2/10 would not go to see.
>>
File: 18.jpg (3MB, 2480x3504px)
18.jpg
3MB, 2480x3504px
>>149814204
There's only 2 minutes of mecha in the whole 60 minute movie. And I don't mind the mecha design too much, obviously not as good as the older ones but still better than any of the CG garbage we get these days.

What bothered me about the later trailers is why they decided to reuse the same damn scenes in the old PVs instead some new ones and somehow made it look worse. They had over an hour of footage with far better scenes to pick from.
>>
>>149813951
>Imagine if Anno did this with the Rebuilds- I wonder how much more cash he would have milked from the Otaku?

Good, let those piece of shit Rebuilds die with his awful NEET Otaku fanbase.
>>
>>149813951
it's a sad day, when none of the employees will telesync it. russians would have done it several times over, on release day alone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.