[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sailor Moon manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (89KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 500x444px
>Manga's plot basically boils down to everyone just being Avatar spirits of the planets and they're destined to repeat the same cycle again and again cause it's the will of the Galaxy Cauldron, if they would want to escape their fate that would mean they'd have to destroy the essence of life and creation itself. So they choose instead to keep fighting and continue the cycle, knowing that their own wills essentially don't matter and they're just vessels for the Sailor Crystals; they're meant to sustain and protect life in this galaxy not to live it, but hey it beats there being no life at all and everything just turning into nothingness!

Where were you when the perfect deconstruction to the Magical Girl genre preceded Madoka by 19 fucking years?
>>
>>149782785
Crystal a shit, A SHIT!!
>>
>>149782785
>Where were you?

Being born.
>>
>>149782785
>SM manga

Too much "mirakuru romansu," not enough comedy/slice of life stuff with the girls for my liking.
>>
>>149782785
So.

Who exactly was Cosmos again?
>>
>>149783052
Future Sailor Moon.
>>
>>149784592
I know that much. But from which future? Is she the form Neo Queen Serenity takes as a Senshi or is she just another reincarnation?
>>
QUICK! Someone make sure this thread overtakes the other, current SM one and prove once and for all the manga's superiority to the 90's anime!
>>
>>149784848
The manga doesn't have best Rei tho.
>>
>>149784729
Good question. I want to say she's a reincarnation because I'm pretty sure Eternal Sailor Moon was stated to be her final form as Sailor Moon.
>>
>>149784729
Neo Queen Serenity doesn't have Senshi powers IIRC
>>
>>149785502
I always thought she was an alternate reality version of Eternal Sailor Moon where she gives up hope at that point in the Cauldron battle and by absorbing all the Sailor Crystals of the rest of the Senshi she becomes Cosmos.

Note the rainbow colors representing the rest of the Senshi on her uniform. Also doesn't she go back in time as Chibi-Chibi SPECIFICALLY so she could reverse her own decision at that point?
>>
>>149782785
So are Mamoru and Usagi just destined to be together and always drawn together cause their Crystals are? Is that what prevented me from having my Usagi lesbian harem end?
>>
>>149782785
>If I destroyed Cordon back then

Get out of here, Stalker.
>>
>>149785912
>implying Usagi still didn't have her lesbian harem due to her Charimsa stat being 100 when the cap in 99
>>
>>149785779
I don't remember that well but I thought Sailor Cosmos fought in a later battle and since she fucked up she went back in time as Chibi-Chibi to help her still hopeful past reincarnation to make the right choice and remind her to not give up or something.
>>
>>149782785
No, even with this I'm sure they are happy in their dimension.
>>
>>149786027
Well... I mean, the manga DOES show all the Senshi in wedding dresses at the end at Usagi's wedding. Did she just technically marry them all?
>>
>>149786054
Still darker than Madoka based on the premise ALONE.
>>
>>149785912
The only lesbians in this series are Uranus and Neptune period, fuck off now /u/!
>>
>>149786376
Pretty sure Sailor Star Fighter was inlove with her Princess and they had a thing.
>>
>>149786413
They're a tranny they don't count!
>>
>>149786376
Nah, Sailor Star Fighter was completely female in the manga and had a huge thing for Usagi. They changed her weirdly in the anime though so that she was male in normal form and female when she transformed.
>>
>>149786451
Fine, that's still only 3 characters though, hardly makes the series /u/-tier.
>>
Remember when all the scouts wanted Haruka in their panties?
>>
They gay.
>>
File: SailorV.png (1MB, 2603x2018px) Image search: [Google]
SailorV.png
1MB, 2603x2018px
I prefer the Sailor V manga.
>>
>>149786224

There's a lot of magical girl works darker than Madoka. Congrats, you just found out that one of the more mainstream ones is just that.

I mean Christ, you don't expect magical girls to out and kill the person they're supposed to save right? Rayearth did that, and that predated Madoka too.
>>
>>149786656
So why is Madoka still lauded as the first dark magical girl deconstruction when it was preceded by other, better series?
>>
File: Utena.jpg (109KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Utena.jpg
109KB, 768x1024px
Can't believe we're talking about magical girl deconstructions without bringing up this!
>>
>>149782785
yea im sure the sailor scouts would give up their fuck awesome powers, which they received in return for the mild downside of having to fight bad guys, in return for....nothing.

Technically nothing stops the sailor scouts from just choosing not to fight while the girls in madoka will literally die if they don't, and the sailor scouts are not being manipulated to turn into bad guys.
>>
>>149786860
Utena isn't technically a magical girl series though.
>>
>>149786918
I mean .. usually them not fighting would eventually lead to their death, just less directly than Madoka. Most the villains in Sailor Moon seem pretty damn hellbent on destroying everything and everyone
>>
>>149786918
>The only downside is having to fight baddies

...Is that seriously all you got from the end of the manga? Being a Senshi and carrying a Sailor Crystal is essentially a one-way ticket to suffering!
>>
>deconstruction
Why do people misuse this term so much? Deconstruction != subversion of tropes.
>>
>>149787073
Can you define it any better smart-ass?
>>
>>149785912
She should've ended up with Seiya. Mamoru a shit and kind of a pedo.
>>
>>149787142
>kind of a pedo
>only 3 years older than Usagi
Nani?
>>
>>149787184
He's way older than 3 years older in the original anime, not sure why on earth they changed it, but they did.

He was a college student dating a middle schooler, that's pretty fucked up. I don't care so much though because it's an anime, but in real life Mamoru would be creepy.
>>
>>149787184
Sorry, kind of a pedo in the 90's anime.
>>
>>149787142
Too bad what Usagi and Mamoru want basically don't matter cause they're essentially the Moon and Earth, not real human beings like regular star seed carriersso their lives and futures are already laid out for them by whatever the Galaxy Cauldron dictates!

Isn't the manga just a big, ball of sunshine? Being a Senshi is great ain't it? /s
>>
>>149787224
It got even more fucked up in Stars when Usagi kind of wanted to accept Seiya's feelings but literally everyone pressured her to stay with Mamo because MUH DESTINY. Yes Usagi stay with the abusive pedo that broke up with you like 3 times.
>>
>>149787142
Mamoru had absolutely no chemistry with Usagi in the 90s anime. I remember thinking when I was watching it that in the very few scenes where he was actually with Usagi he seemed perpetually annoyed and/or embarrassed about her.

I was rooting for Usagi to end up with Seiya just because of that. I'm fine with manga Mamoru though.

What's fucked up is that Usagi stops receiving any contact from Mamoru but it doesn't pop into her mind that something might be wrong with him, he just figures he's ignoring her. That about sums up their anime relationship, I think.
>>
>>149787304
wow fuck off. She was a bratty little shit for a while while he had ambition. He cared for her, but if you ever had a reletionship there are things you don't like about the person.

Seiya was the fucked up one. She wanted what she couldn't have the whole time and preyed upon the feelings of a vulnerable girl. That relationship would not have lasted.
>>
>>149787381
>she was a bratty little shit

SHE WAS 14! Did you want her to behave like a mature woman? What the actual fuck.
>>
>>149787381
Maybe he wouldn't have to worry about his girlfriend being a bit of a bratty little shit though if he wasn't dating a middle schooler in college.
>>
>>149786822
Same reason as Evangelion. Baby first edgy mecha/mahou shoujo.
>>
>>149787304
That's what makes the series so great though! It's genuinely tragic and shows the repurcussions of having to be bound to a magical destiny, that's what makes Sailor Moon the first true Magical Girl deconstruction, cause being a Magical Girl in this series is more of a curse than a blessing.

It didn't need a creepy fucking evil Machiavellian Cabbit plot device to drive this message home either, seriously fuck Madoka!
>>
>>149787418
>muh gohan

Explain how the rest of her friends had a more grounded understanding of how the world works. And she only started 14 numbnuts. The series progresses you know.
>>
>>149787438
Very true, I feel bad for Usagi and the senshi and all the shit they had to go through. I mean they experienced death multiple times.

I like Madoka, I don't think we can really compare these series. I try not to do it between series that are that different in length.
>>
>>149787444
Actually that's very easily explained. They got their memories from their past lifetimes back. Usagi was just told that it had to be that way.
>>
>>149787427
To be fair Mamo-chan can't help that either, he's as much stuck in this whole "MUH DESTINY~" thing as Usagi is since he's the carrier of the Golden Crystal and thus hems bound to Usagi's Silver Crystal since the Earth and Moon are meant to unite together.

I think if it were by his own choice he wouldn't personally go for underage girls, he doesn't strike me as the lolicon neckbeard type.
>>
>>149787444
I mean Makoto was in love with practically every guy who reminded her of her senpai and Minako was very excited about double timing on her boyfriend(s).

I don't think any of the inners are particularly great or mature about romance.
>>
>>149787516
I guess that's true, he did kind of try to get out of that destiny multiple times by breaking up with Usagi. Poor girl kek.
>>
>>149787304
What headcanon shit is that? She never saw Seiya as more than a friend because she loved Mamoru and never questioned that. Usagi was the most loyal girlfriend. Nobody ever pressured her to stay with Mamoru, she just wasn't a slut that fucks around the moment her boyfriend is out of town.
>>
>>149787569
I think you need to rewatch that season. Specially the later episodes in which Usagi wants to go to Seiya for his last concert after blushing for like 2 episodes about him saying that he'd replace Mamoru. Only to be stopped by Haruka and Michiru telling her to stop that shit and to remember she has Mamoru and that she must never see Seiya again.
>>
>>149787630
Seiya is a predator though and the outer scouts didnt trust fucking aliens.
>>
>>149787569
Usagi showed some weakness and desire for Seiya in the show, if you don't remember that I suggest you should be one to rewatch the last season. You have to consider too that Mamoru did more than just leave town .. from Usagi's point of view, he left town and completely stonewalled her.

I don't blame her for faltering when her boyfriend drops off the face of the earth.
>>
>>149787661
Lol ok he's a predator but not the university student tapping the middle schooler.
>>
>>149787675
17-14. At the start.

20-17 at the end. Stop using those biased terms like they mean something.
>>
>>149787561
>Being so desperate for a way out of a relationship you send false prophetic dreams to your past self to get them to break up and claim it was "to test their love"

I still remember that shitty anime break-up arc and yes I'm still bitter over it!
>>
>>149787702
What is Stockholm Syndrome?
>>
>>149787630
Doesn't sound like they forced her to accept her destiny. It sounds like they reminded her that she already has a boyfriend. Saved her from becoming a slut.
>>
>>149787736
You aren't a slut if you fall in love with someone after your boyfriend ignored you for months.
>>
>>149787772
Yeah, the first thing you do when you lose contact with your SO (who might as well be dead) is go and fuck with other people
>>
>>149787815
>go and fuck with other people

You need to stop.
>>
>>149787516
He macks on his underage daughter and Rei too tho sooo...
>>
Mamoru apologists are scum of the Earth. Literally and figuratively.
>>
>>149787924
Fuck off literal faggot.

Seiya should have gotten her ass beat when mamoru showed up.
>>
File: Rini_pink_hair.png (256KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Rini_pink_hair.png
256KB, 500x369px
You all are forgetting the best reason for a Usagi/Seiya pairing, this little shit would no longer exist.
>>
>>149787924
What's so bad about him again other than stopping Usagi from becoming a lesbian?

She's your personal waifu isn't she and you just can't stand a guy getting her is that it?
>>
>>149787987
Fuck no, she's the best part!

She and Saturn were the prototype for MadoHomu and are best loli lesbian couple
>>
>>149788125
I'll concede that her scenes with Saturn were actually pretty good, but with every other character she's the fucking worst. Saturn made her tolerable, but until they sew the two of them together at the hip I still would be happy with her nonexistence.
>>
>>149787864
Did I trigger you?
>>
>>149787987
Never quite liked her in the 90's anime but she was OK in the manga
>>
>>149788197
What about her interactions with the horse?
>>
>>149788227
Yeah .. not quite into human/horse relations. That entire arc was bizarre.
>>
>>149788285
>Chibi-Usa's crushes: Her dad, another girl, a horse

How the fuck did this kid turn out so damn twisted?! Man does she have issues...
>>
>>149788339
being 900 years old has weird effects on the mind.
>>
>>149788339
>>149788348
And having Tuxedo shit-head as a parent raising you would do that to ya.

I bet Seiya and Usagi's kid or he'll even Demando's kid with Usagi wouldn't turn out that fucked up!
>>
>>149788397
Ikuni pls
>>
>>149788397
>two girls can have kids
>let alone two girls of different species

This delusion.
>>
>>149788474
She has sperm when she's in boy form in the anime I bet.
>>
>>149782785
>deconstruction
There is literally nothing realistic about Sailor Moon.
>>
>>149788465
So why did Ikuhara hate Mamo-chan so much again? He was pretty decent in the manga or was it just because it got in the way of his /u/ fantasies?
>>
>>149788519
Its not meant to be realistic it's fucking sci-fi! Madoka isn't realistic by any means either and that's known as a deconstruction.

Deconstruction don't have to be realistic they just have to break down the pretty illusions set by certain tropes.
>>
>>149788540
I wouldn't say sailor moon is sci-fi, but it certainly is fantasy. Nothing in the show can be explained with tech for instance baring ami's pocket super computer. Though you're right in saying a deconstruction doesn't equate to realism. It's more about identifying core tropes, flipping them, and still presenting the show with other identifying tropes.
>>
Can Eternal Sailor Moon beat Demonbane?
>>
>>149788746
The anime maybe not so much but the manga is definitely sci-fi! The last arc takes place in the center of space and Senshi are basically just humanoid manifestations of the planets. There's a whole intergalactic system explaining how planets and stars are made and destroyed as well.
>>
>>149788854
No, but Cosmos probably could.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 736x974px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 736x974px
If the manga is so good why was Crystal so bad then?
>>
>>149789713
Director is shitty. Bluray or bust visuals.
>>
>>149789713
The third season is pretty good.

Crystal was bad because of ugly animation, plenty of animation errors, a weird amount of unnecessary deviations from the source material (like having the 4 Generals live and proclaim love for the scouts only to die from Beryl's death laser like 3 episodes later .. pointless), and an inconsistent release schedule.

Toei could have had a Sailor Moon Brotherhood series on their hands but it's their fault the first two seasons were so poorly received.
>>
>>149786647
>I prefer farts
>>
>>149789819
My favorite thing about Season 1 was that the attacks were real-time, not stock footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdxcBygjr4
>>
>>149787361
That's because in the Manga, she watches him get killed, and mentally breakdown she has her causes he to forget the part about him dying

She remembers in full details later.
>>
>>149788540
I don't know, because he had more of a chance to make him more exciting, but didn't.
>>
File: 1432291923646.jpg (815KB, 768x1196px)
1432291923646.jpg
815KB, 768x1196px
>>149790067
It's actually the smell of the planet Venus.
>>
Remove Mamoru.
Lut Usagi fuck her Senshi.
>>
>>149790453
Wait is this from the official manga or just a scat doujin?
>>
>>149789713
The focus on your picture right there was what ruined it.
>>
Is Mamoru technically Sailor Earth?
>>
>>149793280
Yes and no.

Yes, because of his status as Earth's guardian.
No, because only women can become genuine Senshi (ignoring the pages from the Stars season)
>>
>>149793587
*phages
>>
>>149793587
So why isn't Chibi-Usa Sailor Earth since she's his daughter too and I imagine the Earth needs a Senshi more than the Moon considering Mamo's a dude.
>>
>>149784729
Her idenity is kore than likely a decendent of Usagi's who has taken up the mantel of Sailor Moon and has even surpassed Usagi in leveling up the form.
>>
>>149793764
Damned if I know. Best I can imagine is that she's still technically only a Senshi in training. And the less said about the Sailor Satellites, the better.
>>
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.