[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a Japanese parent killer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: SourceIsShamo.png (99KB, 234x323px) Image search: [Google]
SourceIsShamo.png
99KB, 234x323px
This is a Japanese parent killer
>>
>>149758781
What's your point?
>>
>>149758973
A
>>
File: 20.jpg (75KB, 728x1107px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
75KB, 728x1107px
>>149758781
This is the one where the author has no fucking idea what kind of fighting manga he wants the series to be, right?
>>
>>149759164
there were 2 "authors"
you can say the kung fu arc was non canon
>>
>>149759164
>>149759260

Apparently there was arguing to where the story would lead but you gotta admit the whole stupid Asian Chi DBZ shit was out of place
>>
>>149759164
Nope. This mango is a masterpiece, from beginning to end. Especially the end, not even joking.
>>
>>149759706

Let me guess, Sugawara's aborted post-recovery arc isn't bad writing but we're supposed to feel negatively about it
>>
>>149758781
He looks like neither a truck or a cold virus
>>
>>149759985
It is the same that the last arc with the two retarded brothers. It supports the idea that life and life-stories are meaningless The last part of the manga is a pretty heavy meta-discourse on the medium itself. I can post a short analysis if you care for my POV on that matter.
>>
>>149760282
Onegai
>>
>>149760282
be my guest
>>
>>149760488
Here I go.

Shamo has a great ending, which brought the story to its end, both literally and metaphorically.

The giant idiot is both a parody of a shounen protagonist and a metaphor for the author's attempt at ending his story. He goes in an accelerate fashion through all the trope of a hero's journey, mimicking Ryu’s. The main character claws against this sudden turnaround of the manga, which could well be an attempt from the author at squaring the story into a contrived box of pre-made meaning. Eventually, he manages to destroy it in a meaningful way – meaningful for the character, that is.

While the last fight allows him to bring forward everything he learned as a fighter thorough the manga, it is disrupted by a convenient plot device, a literal "dynamiting of the story", devised by the other brother, who happen to be… a mad storyteller.

“this is all bullshit!” screams a dying Ryu when facing a dear in the forest; another attempt from the author creating a meaningful metaphor. This statement echoes the death of another important character, the boss of the successful karate school trying to roar like a wounded tiger in the street during a storm… He gets stabbed by unknown robbers. Ryu recognizes the senselessness of life and of the medium itself.
The main character ultimate banter is a rejection of any transcendence and of any meta-discourse on the media itself.

tl;dr Shamo is a master piece, and it's ending is a literary lesson.
>>
File: 5ca.jpg (260KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
5ca.jpg
260KB, 570x558px
>>149760809
I'm willing to believe this.
>>
File: 1475188581540.jpg (117KB, 1013x693px) Image search: [Google]
1475188581540.jpg
117KB, 1013x693px
>>149760809

Just like my 3 Dimensional parables
>>
>>149760809
Forgot the last paragraph before the tl;dr lel

As Ryu has always done, he rejects the attempt at morality offered by the author. His last fight, unfair to the point of ridiculousness, is a testament to his character. After having killed his own parents in order to stay whole, he fights back against his creator, the author himself. Nonetheless, the latter has the last word, since the manga ends on a growing bud: dead or alive, the world doesn't care about Ryu Narushima and will go on.
>>
>>149761074
>>149760809

It's an interesting interpretation. My main issue is it feels like it was built to be unfalsifiable; criticism or rejection of the interpretation could easily be seen as drawing parallels to the characters' own criticisms or rejection of in-story metaphors.
>>
>>149761238
As I thought it up while reading the manga, I happened to find a lot of clues on the way, but I find it not anymore unfalsifiable than any text interpretation tbqh. I'd be glad to discuss it though, because I don't think interpretation should close the lid on the meaning of a piece.
Are there aspects of the manga that could back up this totalizing feeling you're getting?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.