[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they change everything about him? >Fusion doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 566
Thread images: 52

Why did they change everything about him?
>Fusion doesn't last forever
>Earings only have so much energy before they defuze
>Should've been far more powerful than zamasu (or at least take his hits)
>Not as confident as before, probably more comic relief instead
Has Akira Toriyama completely discarded the events of dbz?
>>
toriyama is senile and literally every addition to super contradicts with the established facts of dragonball. just accept anything past buu isn't canon. the man is no longer capable of making a proper sequel to it, and clearly neither is anyone involved with super or the shitty fan works

toriyama has forgotten about ssj2, about some dbz characters and he probably doesn't even remember what happened throughout most of dragonball.
>>
File: RickHarrison.jpg (10KB, 244x183px) Image search: [Google]
RickHarrison.jpg
10KB, 244x183px
>>149741247
>Both Gogetafags and Vegitofags were btfo in one episode and it's preview.
>>
they only really intended for him to last a short time and they wrote themselves into a hole and didn't really have any clever ways for him to unfuse
>>Should've been far more powerful than zamasu (or at least take his hits)
shoulda, coulda, woulda, they decided differently and decided for Trunks to steal the show instead. they just wanted to successfully put out Vegeta and Goku at the same time so Trunks could finish it
>>Not as confident as before, probably more comic relief instead
he could only really act as so if he's winning
>>
>>149741247
Akira Toriyama is the Japanese George Lucas.
>>
File: 1407679784371.png (184KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407679784371.png
184KB, 500x500px
>>149741467
Never thought of that
>>

Zamasu2 was a potara fusion that included a guy who was already beating Goku/Vegeta 2 on 1, I don't think Vegito should've been THAT much stronger.
>>
>>149741467
he's more like the anti george lucas
george lucas was best under a leash, then they freed him and he went to shit
Toriyama didn't get ridiculous control by editors and fans until the Android Saga
>>
He was just as confident, what are you on about? Right before he defused he was making fun of him for not keeping up with his speed, and before that he said "is that all the power a god has?"
>>
>>149741247
Because Trunks can't shine if he is here. I hate how Toei baited us with the preview.
>toriyama has forgotten about ssj2
SSJ2 was used recently in both the anime and the manga.
>>
>>149741657
It's just Vegettofags crying that he didn't take his dick out and rape Zamasu (or beat him up as a piece of candy). He took a punch or two, so he's ruined now.
>>
>>149741247
i guess i'm definitely never picking up Super
>>
So, is Gogeta the superior fusion now that Vegito only lasts like 30 seconds?

Or do you think they'd retcon Gogeta to last maybe 10-15 seconds?
>>
>>149741247
Vegito vs Zamasu was a fight worthy of an entire episode, maybe even two. This whole episode felt very rushed.
>>
They literally set up the plot line of Supreme Kai and Kibito negating their fusion with the dragon balls so I was CERTAIN that we would have a post arc episode or two of them doing just that for Vegito. Then out of fucking nowhere there's a limit? What was the point of unfusing the Kais then?
>>
Fucking Toriko shit ruined Dragon Ball

If they never force torikoshit, we would never get SS Blue for matching torikoshit hair
>>
File: 1478634115287.jpg (50KB, 458x990px) Image search: [Google]
1478634115287.jpg
50KB, 458x990px
They COULD have just had Vegito hold down Zamasu is order for Trunks to deliver the final blow. But no, they had to de-fuse and get blown the fuck out. I knew Vegito wasn't going to be the one to finish off Zamasu but c'mon THE FUSION WAS FUCKING PERMANENT IN THE ORIGINAL SERIES YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO RETCON IT.

I'm glad this shitty arc is over.
>>
Why didn't they just have Veggito acting like a smarmy cunt then have the Zamasu magic them apart, catching them offguard, and beating them both in that moment.

Also, if the villain could smack around a God version of Vegitto, Trucks should have been vaporized just by being too close. It would have made much more sense if Trunks came out of that spirit ball with red hair.
>>
He had the whole thing under control until his earrings ran out of battery. Even the two hits he took he played up to ruse Zama2 with the spirit sword and discuss philosophy.

I don't see why anyone was saying he was weak. He was styling on that nigga.
>>
>>149741798
The arc may be over but the damage it did to fusions isn't. that's forever part of the series.
>>
>>149741829
He should have been styling on him at SSj1. He should have vaporized Zamasu when he went SSjB
>>
>majin buu just pushes back a huge spirit bomb and laughs
>a nearly dead world makes a spirit bomb and has enough power to kill the fusion of two gods
Kid buu confirmed strongest
>>
>>149741765
No, Gotenks could only hold SSJ3 for five minutes and SSB is a much powerful transformation
>>
>>149741906
But aren't god level transformations different? If it were the same we would have had SSJB3 by now.
>>
>>149741864

this is what i was hoping for desu

he should have gone even without ss (or maybe a little under) and then gone into ss and styled on him shittalking and shit - then zamasu does some memes and vegito finaly goes ssb -> cucks him and fucks him -> then oopsy defuse
>>
>>149741956
Apparently not if Vegetto couldn't hold the form for long. The way I look at it is
Vegetto = 1 hour, SSB = 5 mins
Gogeta = 30 mins, SSB = 2 1/2 mins

They could probably hold anything up to SSB for the full time though, remember SSJ3 was the highest transformation in Z and that's why Gotenks struggled
>>
Anybody got some webms of the vegitto fight? Also the goku kicking/ kaioken fight?
>>
>>149741247
>>149741692
>>149741754
>HURR
>DURR
They defused in DBZ for literally no reason. At least DBS explained it.
>>
>>149741247
>Explained how he unfused in Buu
>Same
>He was. He literally only got hit twice in the entire fight.
>He was still smug as fuck and talked shit, the only difference is he wasn't egging Zamasu like he was Buu.
>>
>>149742040
Yeah but the fight was longer in DBS.
>>
>>149742128
DBZ*
>>
>>149741692
>Do you write down notes anywhere for that sort of background information?
>No, I don’t do that. That’s why I keep on forgetting things. If I don’t forget stuff, new ideas won’t come to mind. For example, you know how there’s “Super Saiyan 3”?
>Yes. Where the hair gets long.
>I didn’t know that. (laughs) The whole time, I thought that was “Super Saiyan 2”. (laughs)
>Whaaa?!
>And I drew that myself. (laughs) Anyhow, I thought “2” was the one with long hair. It was like, “Man, I’ve really forgotten stuff…”.

Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/v-jump-may-2013-akira-toriyama-special-interview/
>>
>>149741651
>the mysterious cabal of the almighty editors is to blame for all instances of shit writing
What a stupid meme.
>>
>>149742116
>he wasn't egging Zamasu

actually he was, right after he kicks him and interrupts his monologue he says "come on kami-sama" and does a bring it gesture with his hands
>>
>>149742168
editors aren't some sort of cabal shit
but they do have a say in on decisions and could be very persuasive
>>
>>149742116
I mean in the sense that he never even intended to kill Buu. He was still fucking around with Zamasu but he intended to still end the fight.
>>
I mean, if you separate DBS from the nostalgia from the previous series and lower expectations, you can still find some stuff you enjoy about the show.

It's never going to be that show you watch as a kid in the afternoon on Toonami again. Super is just mildly entertaining to match the era of anime we're currently living in.

They should've lest DBS die Or jusr have him continue the manga at hi own pace
>>
>>149742128
And it was one sided and boring (but entertaining). The Super fight was far better from a pure action standpoint.
>>
>>149742237
he never intended to kill Buu because his family was inside of him
>>
what kind of gimmick powerup shit can they throw at us since fusion has becomes stale.

Or who can they use to fuse other than Goku/Vegeta
>>
>>149741247
Maybe it would have been better is they didn't have the Senzu beans
That would have explained how weak he was

But knowing Japan, ONLY THE LIGHT OF HUMANITY CAN DEFEAT GOD AND TRUNKS NEEDED TO FIX HIS OWN MISTAKES IN HIS OWN TIMELINE
Yet they don't seem to know how to write that without making everything look weird
>>
>>149742040
They defused in DBZ because they went inside of Buu.
>>
>>149742484
*Citation Needed*
>>
>>149742484
Gotenks went inside Buu and stayed fused for the full duration of the Fusion Dance.
>>
>>149741247
This is the second time a retcon has made a character seem like an incompetent liar. The first time was with Raditz, now with Elder Kai.
>>
>>149741641
Had they fused before Vegeta's training I'd agree. Black was very strong but Zamasu was just pathetic. Zamasu Diety divineness wasn't much more than black with a mini boost and imitation immortality. So Vegeta plus Goku in blue form should have dominated. Also Vegito could have gone Kaioken and really ruined Zamasu's day. He probably would have without much more effort if the "your too strong to live" rule wasn't being applied to Vegito for plot purposes.
>>
>>149742484
>tripfag
of course tripfags opinions are always wrong
>>
File: 1315893115288s.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1315893115288s.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
Why didn't they use mafuba on everything?
>>
>>149741247
>should've been fsr more powerful than zamasu

People seem to forget that Zamasu was a Potaro fusion as well, so he got the same increases as Vegito. Even if Zamasu wasn't too strong before fusion, Black was stronger than all of them ao the fusion boost would have been around the same as theirs.
>>
>>149742643
Because it wouldn't be as exciting that way.
>>
File: 2423.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2423.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>149742643
Because then they wouldn't be able to stretch the arc out for some asinine reason only to rush it to meet the December deadline anyway, duh.
>>
File: 1269150232981.png (327KB, 701x471px) Image search: [Google]
1269150232981.png
327KB, 701x471px
>Final Kamehameha barely destroy anthing
>Picollo with powerlevel less than thousand able to blew moon

FUCKIN TORIKO
>>
>>149742731
hi anon
>>
>>149742664
why did they forget about blacks dimesion ripping scythe
>>
>>149742529
https://youtu.be/WkWybX256as
>>
>>149741641
One thing I don't see people point out is that as it was said in Buu saga Vegetto is particularly powerful fusion because Goku and Vegeta are rivals/opposites. On the other hand Zamasu is literally the same person, so if that effect is relevant at all it is strongly in Vegetto's favor.
>>
>>149741768
I think they just wanted to nostalgia-bait us and use up all of the cards they had, senzu beans, hyperbolic time chamber, mafuba, fusion, spirit bomb... Just stuff it all in, but make sure Trunks gets the last hit.
>>
>>149741247
they patched him for balance purposes
>>
File: GEORGE.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GEORGE.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>149741467
>>
>>149742819
Vegeta in Super is completely different from him in the Buu Saga. He really didn't need to be convinced at all to fuse and gave Trunks energy without a second thought. I don't think him and Goku are rivals anymore, if Babidi tried to brainwash him today he would kill him instantly instead of taking it on purpose so he can get stronger than Goku
>>
>>149742872
Also forgot kaio ken for one sec, the worst offender. Also also every single ki blast in the series except special beam cannon.
>>
>>149741750
Exactly this
>>
>>149742886
What is the story behind this?
>>
>>149742754
The final Kamehameha was a disgrace. Even the final flash vegeta threw out in dbs was intimidating, but this was some raditz shit.
>>
>>149742921
Yellow=CGI
Purple=Real.
Blue=????
>>
The lengths people will go to defend this sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKxj77yh_Y
>>
>>149742164
if he has to forget so new ideas come to mind, then he should have just become the artist of the manga, instead of the writer. But his style is so easy to replicate he should as well work on something else all entirely…
>>
>>149742937
Stop advertising your shitty channel.
>>
>>149741247
As soon as the scythe/gas clones appeared this arc took a nosedive. What the fuck happened?
>>
File: qfiIWwO.jpg (149KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
qfiIWwO.jpg
149KB, 1024x570px
>>149742935
>>
>>149742872
Basically. Throw in all the things that will distract people from the mediocre writing. People like Vegito, Spirit Bombs etc. Put it in.
>>
>>149742900
He grew so much as a character,super has been great this far(for every part that did not repeat the movies at least),vegito fags must stop shitposting all over the board now we have more information on your character its not what people wanted but its not headcanon anymore
>>
>>149742965
I would agree that is the lowest point, breaking up the cathartic beating Vegeta was giving Black for a waste of time, but the fall began when they returned from the future for a second time which was completely unnecessary and made everyone look dumb.
>>
>>149742964
That's actually the voice for Goku in the abridge series' channel. Who basically defends everything Super does.
>>
>>149742801
>Goku's random theory.
>From a guy who just learned about the fusion 5 mins ago.
>>
>>149742900
>Trunks energy without a second thought.
I think Vegeta from the Buu saga would have done that anyway.
>>
>>149741247
It does for Kais. Kais are essentially the gods of the DBZ universe so it's not a stretch that the Old Kai just didn't know how it worked with mortals because they usually don't interact with mortals at all let alone give them their earrings which is an important symbol of their status. I don't call this a change because Goku and Vegeta were refused in Majin Buu and they just assumed Buu was the reason, it was never confirmed that it was. The power limit was never clarified in DBZ and is now the reason why they defused so quickly.

>Should've been far more powerful than zamasu
He was far more powerful but Zamasu while weaker, was also ridiculously powerful and only getting stronger because of having Goku Black in him who we know for a fact gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Vegito was only acting like a cocky dick to Majin Buu so he would absorb him, plain and simple. Vegito didn't want to kill him because he had their children and Piccolo inside him. Plus characters are multi-faceted, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a cocky side.
>>
File: KyloSolo.jpg (174KB, 690x360px) Image search: [Google]
KyloSolo.jpg
174KB, 690x360px
>>149742886
george lucas a shit can't believe he sold the rights to star wars to Disney
Disney fanfiction is pretty much copying the old well established canon known as "legends" now and making thier copy concepts shit.
>>
>>149742921
Also he's marking on an original, instead of a copy. That's why their look on their faces.
>>
>>149743053
by the end sure, but not when Vegetto formed. He was still in the "I'll do it all myself fuck everyone" mode, which is what made the original scene of Goku convincing him so great
>>
>>149743066
Well at least Disney won't have Karen Traviss.
>>
>>149743112
I wanted to see Tenel Ka Djo though
>>
>>149743050
The kai in DBZ told them it was permanent. The were violently ripped apart the moment the barrier lowered. And Old Kai has been fused for generations.

>>149743087
>He was still in the "I'll do it all myself fuck everyone" mode

You're forgetting that unlike Goku or Gohan, Trunks is Vegeta's own son.
>>
File: 1269150536430.jpg (36KB, 455x427px) Image search: [Google]
1269150536430.jpg
36KB, 455x427px
>goku spamming fireballs almost every eps

what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>149743184
Yes, but he still wanted to win fights himself. He just came off of knocking Goku out to go fight Buu himself, he's teamed up with him in Super throughout this arc without a problem. Maybe you're right anyhow, but my original point was that him and Goku aren't so much rivals anymore because he's changed so much as a character compared to where he was before.
>>
>>149741247
What was that rift Black opened?
What were those gas clones?
What is Trunk's transformation?
What was that sword spirit bomb thing?
How did Trunks go from SSJ2 to Vegito level?
Why did this arc go full power of friendship at the end?
Why is Goku so stupid now?
Is SSJB the worst transformation in the series?
Why was Vegito so underwhelming?
How is Goku alone stronger than Trunks and Vegeta together?
>>
>>149741775
Yeah I was really hoping Vegito would stick around at least for 1 more episode while they gather the dragon balls to unfuse him. Instead they just go with a lazy retcon.
>>
>>149743058
>Old Kai just didn't know how it worked with mortals
He's literally fused with a ningen.
>>
>>149743443
shut the fuck up
>>
How strong would SSB Trunks be? His SSJ2 is already as strong as FZamasu and SSB Vegetto.
>>
>>149743503
make me bitch lol
>>
File: Akira21.jpg (7KB, 155x201px) Image search: [Google]
Akira21.jpg
7KB, 155x201px
>>149743443
Just buy more merch.
>>
>>149743516
1 shot Zeno
>>
>>149743516
he wasn't in ssj2 it's more of a Pseudo Super Saiyan Blue his ssj2 is as strong as goku's ssj3 form and thanks to vegeta's training he was able to at least repel ssjr goku black
>>
>>149743443
this is all you have to know:
angry trunks > vegeto > zamasu + black > black > goku > kind of angry trunks > vegeta + trunks > vegeta > black > goku > zamasu
hope that cleared any questions you might have
>>
>>149742245
Those twelve eps of one punch man have completely usurped DB as THE action shounen of the new gen.

They even use the awful digital stuff that's taken over the world to better effect then them.
>>
>>149742484
Remember Buutenks
>>
>>149743692
the action shounen of the new gen is dragon ball z. a classic remains a classic. one meme man will never come even close to dbz in any way, shape or form. it's entertaining, but that's about it

super is trash but that's a completely different discussion
>>
If Zeno revives the entire future cast I'm fucking done with this show.
>>
>>149743443
>What was that rift Black opened?
Random stupid bullshit that was ripped from the Evil buu vs Gotenks and Buuhan fight.
>What were those gas clones?
More shit ripped from the evil buu vs gotenks fight
>What is Trunk's transformation?
Stupid asspull bullshit created by the hack writers to explain away trunks getting yet another plot(if you can call it that) dependent powerup
>What was that sword spirit bomb thing?
Random stupid bullshit that makes no fucking sense on any level and seems horribly dangerous and slightly evil.
>How did Trunks go from SSJ2 to Vegito level?
Shit plot. I told you.
>Why did this arc go full power of friendship at the end?
Horrible writers and japan's anime creators being pussies.
>Why is Goku so stupid now?
He's been flanderized(and I hate using trope terms)because him acting like his DBZ or DB self would end in a lot of shit getting done.
>Is SSJB the worst transformation in the series?
Yes. Yes it is. It's beyond pointless and looks gaudy as fuck.
>Why was Vegito so underwhelming?
He was always underwhelming. You're just not a 10 year old girl who can be easily wowed by shit talking and being super duper powerful.
>How is Goku alone stronger than Trunks and Vegeta together?
Shit plot.
This could have easily been fixed with him going kaioken times 100 and having a kamehawave battle with blackmasu. But that makes too much sense and he had to go kaioken to, I shit you not, break a fucking ankle grab.
>>
>>149743747
>the action shounen of the new gen is dragon ball z. a classic remains a classic. one meme man will never come even close to dbz in any way, shape or form. it's entertaining, but that's about it
>super is trash but that's a completely different discussion

They never grew up with Z.
Their first and the largest exposure to DB is fucking SUPER.
They don't give a shit about fanbait stuff like future trunks and vegetto and kaioken.
They and their peer group never grew up with it.
And because of the way its' actually treated in the anime it is actually less impressive and important to a first time viewer.

NOTHING means anything and very important things for the series are routinely thrown away or made lesser so the writers can write themselves out of a plot hole or corner or sell more merch

OPM beats Super because it succeeds where DB now fails.
Battles and internal consistency and a coherent plot.

In the first goddamned ep of OP we were treated to a battle that was better then basically every battle we've seen since ep fucking one. And you know what?
They use that god awful digital stuff too.
>>
When will goku have to kill vegeta?
>>
>>149744010
are you illiterate or just pretending to be retarded? or maybe trying to derail the thread? super is dogshit, you mouthbreather. i never said it wasn't. that doesn't change the fact that dbz takes a dump all over opm and your wishful thinking won't change that.

and despite how garbage super is, opm won't be more popular either. not with adults, not with children, not even here. get over it and get the fuck out. this thread isn't for opm discussion
>>
File: 1476911393520.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476911393520.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>149741750
Seriously, even Buu landed hits on him and made him react as if it fucking hurt.

But since when did people take any of this seriously beyond more shitposting material?

If Vegito didn't kill off Buu what the fuck made them think he'd take out Zamasu when for the past 12 fucking episodes it's all been about Trunks getting the revenge kill? What the fuck were they expecting?
>>
File: 1472041542182.png (465KB, 813x870px) Image search: [Google]
1472041542182.png
465KB, 813x870px
So am I the only one that laughed when Trunks cut Zamasu in half starting at the dick?
>>
daily reminder that if you still defend how trunks managed to go from ss3 levels to ssb vegito levels within a span of 2 days without training, you're a shameless gary sturankusu faggot and should go back to plebbit.
>>
Why do we care about this show so much? Why can't we just let go?
>>
>>149744244
Don't post Haman again, faggot.
>>
File: 1473695884625.png (267KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473695884625.png
267KB, 640x480px
>>149744305
>>
>>149744251
I laughed at how much resistance it offered. I was expecting a clean cut.
>>
>>149744262
>muh human-saiyan hybrid
>>
>>149744281
i don't know. maybe we expected them to have learned something after gt? maybe we expected something since toriyama was working on it, despite the fact that we should've known by now that he's senile? maybe it's just that we all grew up with dragonball and seeing it get raped again is just too much to ignore

super is just SO BAD though. we'd all be living in a better timeline if it had never happened. all the bullshit and contradictions they have created only serve to make the dragonball story as a whole worse. at least gt had the decency of only ruining "the future", whereas super's additions are so bad that they retroactively make dragonball worse if you consider them canon. maybe that's why we all feel the need to shit on it so much. it actually makes previous events worse due to all the new stuff effectively breaking and contradicting the story in several ways
>>
>>149743443
>What is Trunk's transformation?
He absorbed a henkidama which had been pumped up by goku and vegeta. It wasn't a special transformation or nothing.
>>
>>149741750

Do you even understand why Vegettofags think that Vegetto should've been absolutely overpowering?

Did you fucking see the previous episode where Goku was actually doing well against Zamasu? Yeah, going by Goku's performance against him, it would've made sense for Vegetto to absolutely mop the floor with him.

But no, keep thinking that Zamasu should've been anywhere near close to Vegetto's level.

>>149741765

They fucked it all up now. SSJ3 Gotenks only lasts 5 minutes when it should last 30 minutes. SSB Vegetto only lasts a couple of minutes when apparently it lasts for an hour with potara.

Now we'll never get Gogeta since he'd pretty much instantly defuse after transforming into SSB.

I don't get how they could fuck up this badly. Even SSJ4 Gogeta lasted for minutes, and he was billions of times more powerful than SSJ3 Gotenks. Jesus, even FUCKING DBGT HANDLED FUSION TIME LIMITS BETTER!
>>
King dork baby shows up in the next ep anyways. Just have him clap his hands and poof goku vegeta are back.

Don't know how the writers thought they were in a hole.
>>
I kind of like how Trunks killed Zamasu with a broken sword. Muh symbolism
>>
What if Super Trunks fused with Xeno Trunks?
>>
>>149744454
it was established before that the genki dama doesn't take actual energy, but vital/life energy. if it took their ki, they could've easily killed buu with just the energy of the z warriors, for example

goku and vegeta don't have any more life force than the regular person, so this excuse doesn't work. if they wanted to do that, they could've done it too. piccolo actually absorbed energy from gohan and krillin in the freeza saga to deal a blow to freeza while goku was charging the spirit bomb. there was even a precedent for that (not like toriyama would remember it though)
>>
>>149744540
There's a game with 5 character fusions. Gotta step it up.
>>
>>149744467
I think the reason the fusion was quite so short is that the ending was rushed. Clearly they planned all along that Trunks gets the last hit but they really should've given Vegetto a whole episode or two.
>>
>>149741906
>>149744467
To be fair SSJ3 is kinda notrious for it's energy drain, maybe the Dance works differently from the Ear rings that instead of having an item that provides power for the fusion it's the bodies, and with how SSB doesn't have a giant energy strain on the user it might actually last a bit longer.
just my 2 cents, not like we're ever going to see how Blue works with the dance.
>>
>>149744551
Whatever, trunks absorbed a genkidama and killed the bad guy, because, that is what genkidamas do when they aren't used to job: Kill the bad guy.

I have more issues with the fact that Trunks made one by accident. Like, didn't goku need special training from king kai to be able to use it at all? Hasn't he been the only one able to do it since then?
>>
>>149744591
This, the episode, while pretty cool felt incredibly rushed, like Toei really wants to get to the next arc or something.

>>149744631
God I hope they explain that.
>>
>>149744378
>maybe we expected them to have learned something after gt?

Fuck, the only thing they learned from GT is how much of a cash cow series they have.

Man, I wouldn't even mind Super if it looked like it had got some heart and soul into it like Dragonball Multiverse. And yes, I know DBM isn't perfect, but at least it's written by someone who knows the Dragonball Canon and respects it.

The people working on DBS don't even really seem to care about DB in general. I've felt like for a while that DBS is just a cash in on a franchise that'll forever be popular in Japan(and worldwide to an extent.). It's not made by people who actually like it, but by people who just want more money, so they just slap random shit together and call it a day.
>>
>>149744631
>Whatever, trunks absorbed a genkidama and killed the bad guy, because, that is what genkidamas do when they aren't used to job: Kill the bad guy.
in other words, poor writing

this same shitty reasoning could be applied to make even gt a masterpiece

"whatever, base kid goku absorbed the genki dama and beat the bad guy. it's a kid's show. the good guy beats the bad guy in the end"

it's like people don't even read their own posts in these threads when defending this shitheap
>>
>>149744663
>felt incredibly rushed
And this angers me all the more that they wasted so many eps on mafuba but only gave 1 episode for fusion, kaioken AND spirit bomb.
>>
I haven't watched any of DBS except for the last couple of episodes but do they really not highlight big moves like the old days? There was no hype to the Final Kamehameha. It was just flaccid as fuck. There was no big build up for the Spirit Bomb Sword it just happened and was also flaccid as fuck, I mean, I don't want some of those moments where they spend ten minutes charging or building up a move but just a minute to show that the move is fucking awesome in some way. Even the fucking Gallic Gun and Kamehameha got more than both big moves in this episode.
>>
>>149744711
yeah, this thread made me realize the real problem with super: they don't give a fuck about the established lore. so super is effectively making dragonball worse just by existing, since it's making changes that are retroactively changing it (from whis and beerus to the potara etc). and most of those are so poorly thoughout too. the potara change wasn't even necessary in the first place, just to name one: they could've asked zeno to undo it, summoned the dragon balls, some bs zamasu/gowasu technique to do it and so on
>>
>>149741247
At least they didn't change YOSSHAAAAA
>>
>>149744750
They hyped the fuck out of kaio ken the first time it appeared. This episode was an abberation in how many big moves were used and how badly they were executed.
>>
>>149744750
Well the first Final Kamehameha wasn't that hyped up either, but you're not wrong that they don't spent too much time on those power up sequences.
>>
>>149741247
He was more powerful than Zamasu though, he was pretty much toying with him like when he pretended to faint just to stab him with his beam blade
>>
>>149744750
they don't know how to properly pace the episodes. dbz had horrible pacing yet it was still better than super. think about that for a moment
>>
>>149741798
why do people keep meming that the potarra earring are supposed to last forever. THEY DIDN'T EVEN LAST FOREVER IN THE BUU FIGHT
>>
>>149744886
People just want a reason to shit on Super. Sam with spirit bomb.
>>
>>149744886
Because ancient Kai said they would last forever. Sure one can say that them defusing due to buu's stomach acid can be considered as unreliable narrator/a guess, Goku and Vegeta are dumb, but ancient Kai should've known his shit.
>>
>>149744886
the potara duration is just a drop in the bucket. if only that was super's biggest problem
>>
>>149744830
I literally don't even remember when they first did it.
>>
I like how all the ''inconsistencies'' people find to shit on the series are either non-issues or shit that can be easily explained away
Fucking ningens
>>
>>149744711
>>149744764
Ironically, DBS instead gave us more lore by explaining how the gods work

>Beerus and Whis are a contradiction

Explain, I'll laugh
>>
>>149745016
it's pretty obvious, shitposter-kun. kid buu was threatening the afterlife and the entire universe, yet none of the angels show up to do anything about it
>>
>>149744907
Didn't the kai also said Potara fusion is the strongest (tm)?

KEK

Vegito in super god form was weak as shit.
>>
>>149744467
The jobber half of Vegito actually weakened the winner half.
>>
>>149745036
Beerus was supposed to take of Buu, yes. That is actually outright stated in the DBS manga, he's just fucking terrible at his job.

However the angels are pretty neutral, as in they don't give a shit. And why the hell would the angels of the other universes be worried about something that is only happening in one universe?
The angels simply make sure that the god they are watching over is doing a good job, they don't give a shit about the rest. Whis didn't even bother waking up Beerus when his life was threatened and it's pretty hinted how Whis would have zero problems with another god of destruction being appointed.

So now tell me, autist-kun, how does this ''retroactively ruin'' DBZ in ANY way? HOW is this a contradiction?

It's not, it's exactly what I said here >>149744947, you people whine about over the stupidest fucking things
>>
>>149744597
this
SS3 vents energy like nobody's business, which is why it shortens the fusion time
SSB only shortened the patorra because, as we now know, mortals using it, but having god ki, basically makes it short circuit
This means that after this point, Gogeta is the superior fusion, because SSB doesn't have a massive power drain like SS3
>>
>>149745137
W-well that's just my theory, and it hinges on the potara being a power supplier for the fusion meaning the raw power is being produced by and maintained by it, the Dance could possibly have the same weakness in duration with blue going down from 30 to 3 minutes.
>>
>>149745099
your excuses are as good as >>149744631
"well whatever, good guy killed bad guy"
"well, beerus is bad at his job, whatever"
"well, the angels don't care, whatever"
"whis doesn't care, whatever"

yeah no. that's called poor writing. these characters were never meant to exist and the explanations for their non interference is poorly thought out

again, might as well as defend gt with "well, base kid goku absorbed the genki dama and won. nothing wrong with that. good guy beats bad guy"

super is shit and you're bending over backwards to defend it
>>
>>149745137
Didn't Goku not go SSB off the bat vs Hit because he said it would drain his stamina?
>>
>>149745164
>Well goku used the kameha and beat the bad guy because that is what he does
>Well, Goku turned into the impossible super saiyan and beat the bad guy because he had to kill the bad guy
>Well, goku became a bigger super saiyan because reason lol
It's always been the writing for this show. Good guy gets a dumb power up to finish the bad guy, because, that is how this series has worked since Z.
>>
>>149745210
Yeah, both definitely have a stamina drain, but i honestly feel like SSJ3 Drains more faster.
Atleast that's my opinion.
>>
>>149745249
If SSB still drains stamina even though Goku is eons above his Buu Saga self then I'm assuming that SSB Gogeta would have the same issue. Didn't he also say when Beerus came originally to King Kai that he had no problem with SSJ3 anymore?
>>
>>149745164
Oh, so now you moved the goalpost to ''Whis and Beerus being a contradiction'' to ''it's poor writing''

I suppose you agree with my explanation then, yes?

And how is it ''poor writing'' exactly, when it fucking expanded the lore of the hierarchy of the deities in the Dragon Ball franchise?
We now know that there are 12 universes: each with a set of kaioshins, a god of destruction, an angel, a mortal realm, a god realm, a demon realm and an after-life.
We also know that above them all there's Zeno.

This right here is lore expansion, it doesn't ''ruin'' DBZ, it makes it more interesting. It makes you wonder ''man yeah Beerus is shit, but how would the other gods of destructions have handled Buu?''. It also makes you realize that everything that happened in DBZ before was very small scale.
This is actually a good direction for the series, because after Buu you're left wondering ''man how can they introduce an even bigger threat?''. Well here's how: by introducing a whole multiverse and a set of characters WAY stronger than anyone in DBZ. Not by just rehashing shit like GT tried to.

>>149745243
Also this, it's a fucking archeotype. It doesn't correlate to being ''bad writing''

Again, non-issues.
>>
>>149745293
Well I don't think Stamina from form consumption and raw power scale linerarly with each other.
But it's definitely possible.
>>
>>149745375
I mean I guess SSB in the dance possibly won't drain stamina because it literally has no advantages as of now, so it has to get something to be considered viable. We'll see, but for now I still think SSB would shorten the fusion dance timer as well.
>>
File: future-trunks-dbz-dragon-ball-z.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
future-trunks-dbz-dragon-ball-z.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
I'm curious /a/. Holding to the same episode format, how would you have written it differently?

Personally,
>Vegeta and Goku about to fuse.
>About to use the Zensu beans from Trunks
>Oh no! Zamasu blows the bag up.
>Vegitto fusion, Tired, weakened and desperate. (at the very least this would have made more sense.)
>Trunks has his big self realization moment
>Does the Spirit bomb sword thing.
>Takes Vegittos god ki
>BTFO's Zamasu while a kickass 2016 remix of "Hikari no Willpower plays for maximum overhype.

The way they did it was not only completely idiotic with the weak retcons but totally anti-hype.

Don't get me wrong, this is super. It was still a 9/10 episode and better than we have any right to deserve but DBS is literally missed opportunities the show.
>>
>>149745210
They stated that subsequent transformations take a power hit, which is why Vegeta lost so badly against Hit
SS3 has a stamina drain for the duration you use it, SSB just has an up front cost, which increases if you don't allow your body cool down time.
Original Super Saiyan worked much the same way, just with a less drastic power drop per transformation
>>
>>149745403
>They stated that subsequent transformations take a power hit, which is why Vegeta lost so badly against Hit

Wasn't that manga only? I remember in the manga it was said that Vegeta only had 10% of his power or something but nothing like that was implied in the anime.
>>
>Trunks stealing the spotlight from Vegito/Goku
The elevens will not like this at all. Trunks is going to become the new Gohan.
>>
>>149745402
That is even worse

They shouldn't have put a time-limit, they should have just explained how SSB is too much for the potara thus resulting in the sudden defusion.

Either that or this: >>149741798

However I still liked the episode and overall the Zamasu saga was my favorite
>>
>>149745402
>Goku vegeta fuse
>vegito comes up and fights Zamasu
>they defuse after turning super saiyan god because muh "permanent" fusion
>zamasu beat them up
>trunks comes to rescue
>he gets beat up
>Vegeta/Goku try out fusion dance
>Gogeta comes up and defeats Zamas without even going super saiyan or god form
>>
>>149745502
Vegeta doesn't know how to do the dance but seeing the retcons and asspulls they did that wouldn't have mattered
>>
File: 1478475848917.png (1MB, 1721x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1478475848917.png
1MB, 1721x1011px
>Frieza symbolizes authority and the need to keep your reign under your control
>Cell symbolizes the selfishness of evolution and how species will do anything to survive and reproduce
>Buu symbolizes pure chaos
>Zamasu symbolizes radicalism and how by taking your morals and ideals to an extreme you're gonna end up becoming the thing you're tying to fight against

So what's next?
>>
>>149745529
Vegeta has seen Trunks/Goten do it plenty
>>
>>149745529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seeqTovqVLQ

>doesn't know
>>
>>149745545
yes but he still never practiced it, if he fucked it up once they would have been done
>>
>>149745541
>Frieza: Neutral Evil
>Cell: Chaotic Neutral
>Buu: Chaotic Evil
>Zamasu: Lawful Evil
>>
>>149745561
Goten and Trunks practiced the dance for awhile before they mastered it and Vegeta hasn't even attempted to do it once

but like I said with the asspuls they did it could have been done easily
>>
>>149741247
Gotenks didn't defuse inside of Super Buu because of 'nasty air', why did Vegito? Supreme Kai and Elder Kai were wrong and Gowasu knew more about it than they did. It doesn't last forever. Gotenks only defused inside Super Buu due to the time limit.
They straight up say in DBZ that using SSJ3 as Gotenks would take up more time for the Fusion, much like using SSJ3 for Goku would take up his time on Earth. The same stands for SSJB Vegito.
He clearly was. He was very obviously taking the hits like it was nothing and mostly just screwing around. Zamasu's body was just semi-immortal.
Not confident? The first thing he does, is tell Zamasu to try and hurt him, then lays down just waiting for Zamasu to come just so he can hit him with the sword and then brag about how he can do it too. And that "Is this all the power of a God?"

Do you people even watch the show?
>>
>>149745295
>This is actually a good direction for the series, because after Buu you're left wondering ''man how can they introduce an even bigger threat?''. Well here's how: by introducing a whole multiverse and a set of characters WAY stronger than anyone in DBZ. Not by just rehashing shit like GT tried to.

This, what you niggers don't realize is that by introducing this whole system the series has been taken to a much bigger scale.
Like for example I'm interested to see what's in the other universes. I'd like a saga dedicated to U6 Earth.
>>
>>149745573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vioBSO_7VJM

This is Vegeta without any knowledge of the fusion dance. With a vegeta that has seen the fusion dance tons of times, all it would do is take few seconds. He already knows about the consequences of failing too with the fat gotenks and shit.

Its not rocket science. Just simple observations, which Vegeta can do.
>>
>>149745577
I want a True Neutral villain now

How would that work in Dragon Ball?
>>
>>149745622
Hit is kinda close.
>>
>>149745622
beerus
>>
>>149745617
So why risk the potential failure when there's no risk at all for Potara now? The dance is obsolete at this point
>>
>>149745617
Fusion Reborn isn't canon. Toriyama himself said the movies were nothing more than what if parallel stories in their own little speshul snowflaek timeline.

With that said, Vegeta was dead when Gotenks was a thing, he never once saw them fail the Fusion. Gogeta would have been a disaster had they tried to fuse right then and there with the Fusion Dance. Potara is instant.
>>
>>149745660
Oh yeah, he does qualify for that I guess
>>
>>149745476
>That is even worse
Nuh-uh!
>They shouldn't have put a time-limit
Nothing else makes me mad like this. I think it's the dumbest thing to come out of Super. Dumber than Goku never kissing his wife.
>they should have just explained how SSB is too much for the potara thus resulting in the sudden defusion.
Not gonna lie. That'd have been cool and been totally in line with how DBZ wrote almost all of it's arcs. DBZ was always about subverting expectations, for example with things like telling us there are two androids and then delivering on five of them! Nothing would have subverted expectations like seeing Vegitto power up so hard he shatters his own potara.
>Vegeta doesn't know how to do the dance but seeing the retcons and asspulls they did that wouldn't have mattered
Flashback of Trunks forcing him to learn it because Vegeta is best dad. Problem solved
>>
>>149745662
Fusion is completely useless now since they insist of this "using too much power ends the fusion prematurely" bullshit that GT started.
>>
I was thinking the last two episodes had weird Sainto Seiya vibes, but suddenly everyone discovers his Cosmos and sends energy to the hero to defeat the Villain!

Did Toei recycle one of Saint Seiya's scenarists or what?
>>
>>149745662
Potara is weak and lasts less than a minute now. So potara is useless on any real fight. There is no risk with potara and there is no reward either. Instead potara is a giant waste of time.

>>149745666
Ofcourse the movies and GT are parallel, not the timeline the Z/Super are following. But it can be done and should be done now that the Potara is a useless piece of shit.
>>
File: dragon-ball-72119.jpg (176KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-ball-72119.jpg
176KB, 800x1206px
>>149745683
>that GT started.

>>149745696
How is it weak? It lasting forever got retconned, it's strength did not
>>
>>149745687
No, its the same old Spirit Bomb trope as always.

The only difference is Trunks did is subconsciously. He started drawing energy around in an effort to try and overpower Zamasu. Due to his little speech about accepting his weakness and wanting to help everyone truly, he qualified as a Pure Heart that could gather the energy in the first place. He then just used its ki in place of the Ki Sword he already had.

It all fits just fine.
>>
File: 1478477468563.jpg (56KB, 999x558px) Image search: [Google]
1478477468563.jpg
56KB, 999x558px
Listen I don't fucking care how you felt about this scene, but you gotta admit how fucking 10/10 Zamasu's voice-acting is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFGkx278J0
You can literally feel the breakdown
>>
>>149745715
It does not
>>
>>149745602
A much higher scale that is stalled by smoke grenades from normal humans
>>
>>149745696
>Ofcourse the movies and GT are parallel, not the timeline the Z/Super are following. But it can be done and should be done now that the Potara is a useless piece of shit.

Potara isn't useless, its instant. The Fusion Dance still takes time and has the possibility of even the slightest twitch and screwing up and being disastrous. Potara isn't useless by any means.
>>
>>149745745
gods still have senses
>>
>>149745713
Vegito was weak as shit. Couldn't even defeat Zamasu, where as Trunks raped the shit out of Zamasu.

Not only that, the "it lasts 1 hour" is even weaker than the "it lasting forever got retconned" because now the 1 hour is simply less than a minute when he powers up. So went from permastate -> 1 hour -> 1 minute.
>>
File: dragon_ball_496_13.jpg (86KB, 352x570px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_ball_496_13.jpg
86KB, 352x570px
>>149745713
Later on when they run the SS3 timelimit it doesn't force unfuse them though.
>>
>>149745724
The amount of fallout and shitposting aside, I loved the episode, I thought it was fantastic as was this arc, even if it was a bit rushed at times.

Zamasu's You Again Trunks was fucking perfect, and how you can tell the reverberation and actual rage in his voice. Honestly the whole episode made me feel like a legit kid again, where I didn't care about a retcon, or this, or that. It was all just silly fun and I fucking loved it.
>>
>>149741247
I hope manga fix this shit.
>>
>>149745758
And can't just use ki to blow smoke away. Or fly upwards out of the way of it. Or just power up so it never even reaches them. Or jump away.
>>
>>149745762
But it didn't last a minute, what episode were you watching?

>>149745766
True but they lost the fusion like 7 or 8 pages later, so they were half right
>>
>>149745785
You are very optimistic to believe it can be fixed
>>
>>149745775
>Zamasu's You Again Trunks was fucking perfect

Not as good as

>So where are you gonna run for help now? The past or the future?

There, you can literally feel the utter insanity there. You can hear how unstable he is there.

Zamasu's VA is top-tier, he's been voicing many characters including James from the Pokemon anime or Light from Death Note (kek)
>>
>>149745800
Don't you know? Grenades are faster than gods of destruction
>>
>Black Saga in a nutshell
I'M SICK OF GOKU AND VEGETA
>Trunks shows up
OMG TRUNKS PLEASE SAVE THE DAY AND GET THE KILL
>Trunks gets a power up to stay on top of things
HOLY SHIT GARY STU THIS IS SO UNLIKE ALL THE OTHER SAIYAN RAGE MOMENTS THAT TOTALLY MADE SENSE
>Goku and Vegeta still upshowing Trunks
COME ON STOP WITH THEM
>Vegito
YAY VEGITO SAVE THE DAY GET THE WIN BEAT THE BAD GUY WOOOOO
>Trunks gets the win
WHAT THE FUCK GARY STU PIECE OF SHIT RUINING VEGITO'S (GOKU AND VEGETA) TIME TO SHINE HOW DARE YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: DBS-Episode-66-Trunks-aile.jpg (109KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DBS-Episode-66-Trunks-aile.jpg
109KB, 1366x768px
You got fookin nuttin
Fookin nuting thats what you got you cucks. Best boi reached a power so high he was able to defeat immortality.
Dont you ever compare him to jobbers like goku/vegeto/jobetto
He all stronger and better then them. he doesnt even need to call out for energy with his hands . Energy comes to him because it knows better.
Royal ssj prince of all sayians and earthlings Bitches
Trunks for live
BEST BOI NOW STOP COMPLAINING
>>
Why did they waste both senzus by eating them before fusing

Why didn't they just fuse first, eat one senzu and then save the other
>>
>>149745816
Yep, lots of shit in this arc but the Zamasu VA and to an extent Black (noreso his lines) was top notch.
>>
>>149745841
But it's a fact that the writing for Trunks and his countless power ups have been fucking atrocious and I can understand why people went from liking him to hating him by the end.
>>
Ah shit now we gotta handle underage fags who suck up all kinds of shitty writing.
>>
>>149745841
>fucking Goku and Vegeta get all the attention
>WHY IS TRUNKS GETTING SO MUCH ATTENTION

You can't please everyone, that's just how it is
>>
>>149745816
I love his entire speech against Trunks from the moment he showed up, I thought it was fantastic honestly. 10/10 from Zamasu. I hope the Zamasu Dub VA is good, I generally really like the DBZ dub and BoG/RoF were good, hopefully Schemmel changes his voice from Black based on XV2, but I don't know if they will ever match Zamasu's original voice at all.

Also I knew I noticed that tone somewhere, Light, that's who it was. Top tier, even if Light became a little bitch as it went on. Great swimming instructor though.
>>
It's just a pity the creators decide to blow their load so early. It's obvious they want to keep the series going but now we've already seen godlike strong people in Beerus, Super Saiyan God Goku, Super Saiyan Blue, Zeno and villain wise we got Zamasu all nd Black who felt more like an end series final villain than anything.
And now to keep the series going you need to top that?
That's like starting an RPG and by the time the first half is done you're already level 99 with the best gear and already defeated a world ender boss. And the game still not even near the end yet.

I mean of course they'll probably get even more powerful later on, we'll probably see Super Saiyan 3 Blue or something but isn't that what people don't want to see? Even more of a power gap?
>>
>>149743819
Make it so.
>>
>>149745816
>Light Yagami
Except he doesn't have Shinichiro Miki as his VA

>>149745841
>Superfag defends atrocious writing like a retard
>>
>>149743184
Old Kai is a retard who knows nothing and only looks old because he fused wit ha hag.

He is full of crap. Based Gowasu knows his shit.
>>
>>149745846
Nigga shut the fuck up and go back to tumblr.
>>
>>149745898
I doubt there is a new transformation after SSB. People speculated that SSB Vegetto would BTFO Beerus easily and as we see now that isn't close to the case, they still have much more to work on
>>
>>149745864
Hey remember that time Gohan went SSJ2 not because of his family and friends but because of an Android he had never met once in his entire life told him to let go, the same Android that wanted to kill his father?

Remember that, remember when that made sense? Remember when not long after that Goku showed up and was like Oh yeah, SSJ3 guys.

Trunks got 1 power-up through Rage, 1. The Spirit Bomb Sword was not a power-up, its a technique, and even then he had Goku, Vegeta, and the entire planet's energy, plus his own. There was still shit on the planet, Spirit Bomb takes from everything, even inanimate objects according to King Kai.
>>
File: HG-Vegetto.jpg (267KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HG-Vegetto.jpg
267KB, 1200x1200px
Friendly reminder that vegetto retcon is canon and will appaer in the manga.
Early merch confirms.
>>
Remember the fusion dance?
>>
>>149745898
I don't see the issue, first of all the creators in an interview before episode 66 aired stated that Beerus (and therefore everyone above him) is still stronger.
Second of all there's a whole multiverse to explore and we still even haven't seen Hit as his full.
>>
>>149745945
>Trunks got 1 power-up through Rage
He went from being weaker than SS3 Goku to fighting Black and Zamasu alone and holding them off to defeating fusion Zamasu.

He had a power up like once an episode to catch up with everyone else.
>>
>>149745961
I member.
>>
>>149745906
>>Superfag defends atrocious writing like a retard

All of Dragon Ball is written like shit. Toriyama is not a goddamn writer. He makes gags and funny little smiley face poop jokes and shit. I love Dragon Ball, but its never be written well, ever. Toriyama had editors to try and fix some of his shit and redesign things.
>>
>>149745846
Fuck them all they got nothing on best boi hahaha the tears are delicious.
>>
>>149745973
>but its never be written well, ever.
Examples. Cite your explanations with an opinion on why specifically each plot point was bad for brownie points.
>>
>>149745945
>Hey remember that time Gohan went SSJ2 not because of his family and friends

The Cell Jrs were beating the shit out of them, he was already on the edge. If one of them really got hurt or died that would have been it
>>
>>149745972
Remember spirit bomb charging over 3 episodes?
>>
>>149745969
>He had a power up like once an episode to catch up with everyone else.
That's completely utterly false, he simply got the pseudo-SSB thing and stuck to it.
>>149745973
And to add on that, for DB's low standards, I felt Zamasu was actually a pretty legit villain and the best one in the franchise by far
>>
File: 1479117008524.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479117008524.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>149745980
>>
>>149745969
Goku went from the same strength as Vegeta to holding back Holy Wrath by himself without Kaio-ken that even a Vegeta who trained for 6 months and Trunks both had to push back.
>>
>>149745945
SSj2 Trunks somehow keeps pace with Rose Black before he ever gets any sort of power up despite only being SSj3 tier.

The power up came out of nowhere whereas Gohan has always had rage fueled power ups.

The Spirit Bomb Sword is from a technique he's never seen and is powered by a completely ravaged planet with only a handful of people left whereas Kid Buu took literally everything a populated Earth had.

Also, you're a faggot
>>
>>149742664
two super cyans > black and some pleb kaioshin
>>
>>149746010
no nonononnooono

no no no no n ooo no no no no no no lol no no no NO NONONO
>>
File: gogeta.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gogeta.webm
1MB, 640x480px
Should've done this instead. Potara is useless shit.
>>
>>149744867
he actually lost the fist fight and decided to take advantage of the loss by stabbing Zamasu while he was distracted
if he could there was no reason to not kill him right away
>>
>>149746010
Lmao this is perfect
>>
File: 1473048979789.jpg (34KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
1473048979789.jpg
34KB, 530x398px
I like how all the people who try to shit on Super get constantly BTFO

You are all nostalgiafags whining over stupid small things, it takes like 1 second to explain whatever stupid issue you may have
>>
>>149745577
>Zamasu: Lawful Evil
Gods are not evil. He is Lawful good or Chaotic good.
>>
>>149746020
>SSj2 Trunks somehow keeps pace with Rose Black before he ever gets any sort of power up despite only being SSj3 tier.

Gohan was able to hurt Third Form Frieza despite being vastly weaker.

SSJ2 Vegeta was able to keep pace with Beerus all because he got angry over Bulma, even though SSJ3 Goku couldn't even hardly touch him.

>The power up came out of nowhere whereas Gohan has always had rage fueled power ups.

Just like every Saiyan? Ya know the entire purpose of Super Saiyan, the transformation that uses rage?

>The Spirit Bomb Sword is from a technique he's never seen and is powered by a completely ravaged planet with only a handful of people left whereas Kid Buu took literally everything a populated Earth had.

A technique that is taught by Kais, when he trained with Kais. Also yes that completely ravaged planet with grass and trees and entire forests and oceans still at places.

>Also, you're a faggot

No, you're just mad that DBZ has been doing the same shit its done for decades now.
>>
>>149746088
Shut up Zamasu
>>
>>149746088
I regret not mentioning, but I think he transitions from Lawful Good to Lawful Evil.
>>
>>149746085
Explain trunks summoning the spirit bomb out of his ass
>>
>>149746088
Gods are THE LAW and THE GOOD.

So he's always a lawful good good.
>>
>>149746092
>SSJ2 Vegeta was able to keep pace with Beerus all because he got angry over Bulma, even though SSJ3 Goku couldn't even hardly touch him.
They even say that him getting really angry mad him stronger than Goku somehow.
>>
>>149746085
Super is shit. That Trunks scene was great though, too bad the good moments are drowned in filler and ugly shit.
>>
>>149746085
dumb kai poster
>>
>>149746110
He wanted energy to beat Zamasu, he drew energy subconsciously, ie: Spirit Bomb.
>>
File: 1408977097319.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408977097319.gif
12KB, 500x500px
>>149746092
>A technique that is taught by Kais, when he trained with Kais

Holy fucking shit, there you go. An easy explanation for Trunks being able to do that, I completely forgot about it.

Well it seems there are zero issues now, well done anon.

If anything the writers should be blamed for being too vague but they are on a deadline and there's the manga that will explain things more deeply
>>
>>149746114
>They even say that him getting really angry mad him stronger than Goku somehow.

Yes, because Saiyans work on anger. Just like Trunks. Wow, Shocker. Its like that hasn't been a thing since forever.
>>
>>149746110
see >>149746130

He was trained by Kaioshin, he even had the Z-Sword in the manga
>>
>>149746088
What about Demon Gods then hmmmmmmm?
>>
>>149746130
He trained with the Supreme Kai and Kibito who never displayed any knowledge of how to perform a Spirit Bomb. He didn't train with King Kai.
>>
>>149746143
Except before Super it was always explained, either by a transformation or Gohan having "potential".

In Super you just get really angry and your power skyrockets.
>>
>>149746100
Fuck off or prove me wrong.
>>149746102
Gods are allowed to end mortal life, what he did was not wrong. He was giving divine punishment because Trunks broke a taboo. Now that I think about it, yours make sense because Kioshin are supposed to observe humans and create life, not kill, so you win.
>>149746112
lawful chaotic good if we going to take it up a level.
>>149746158
Demons are not gods dummy.
>>
>>149746163
It doesn't look like he did it on purpose anyway.
>>
>>149746163
Just because they never displayed the knowledge, it doesn't mean they didn't know about it.
Hell if a King Kai knew about it, why wouldn't a Supreme Kai?
>>
File: 1471852162619.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471852162619.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>149746176
ZAMASU!
>>
>>149746176
>demons are not gods
Preeeeeeetty sure there are Kai equivalents in the Demon Realm? I'm not 100% on that but I'm going to have a look.
>>
>>149746176
>Gods are allowed to end mortal life, what he did was not wrong. He was giving divine punishment because Trunks broke a taboo. Now that I think about it, yours make sense because Kioshin are supposed to observe humans and create life, not kill, so you win.

Yes, when he killed that ningen dinosaur caveman he got a taste of evil and liked it.
>>
>>149746092
Gohan was established to hit bullshit tiers of strength thanks to rage from the beginning of Z. The only time any other saiyan got a power up from rage was Super Saiyan.

BoG just tosses Vegeta one because it's BoG.

And Trunks's Earth is nowhere near in as good a condition as the Earth during the Kid Buu fight.
>>
>>149741414
>actually defending shitty writing
Kill yourself.
>>
>>149746163
The lack of even a hint is pretty weak, but at the same time it kind of make the whole scene even more exciting.
I wonder if I would have been more or less excited when Goku went SSJ for the first time, if there had been no hint that saiyans could become "special" beforehand.
>>
>>149746202
Could be considered "lesser" move? I mean a supreme kai doesn't know everything kais know.

As the supreme kais rule over other kais, they probably don't need to know or even care about a move that asks mortal people's spirit power. They are afterall, above the mortal in power.
>>
>>149741247
they had to nerf him since he's too broken
but yeah if had to defuse in the episode they should have gone with the shitty dance
>>
>>149746170
You mean like how Goku got really angry and achieved SSJ?

Or how Vegeta got so pissed he was weaker than Goku that he achieved SSJ?

How about that time Trunks got angry when Gohan died and achieved SSJ?

Oooh, or what about the time Krillin fought a Saibaman after his friends started getting their asses kicked?

Or that time Vegeta flipped out against Cell after Trunks was killed and is the only reason Gohan was able to kill him?

Or the entirety of Super Buu's power and rage boosts?
>>
>>149746235
Yeah there are

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Makaioshin

Fruit people born with evil hearts are sent to the Demon Realm of each universe
>>
>>149746281
>You mean like how Goku got really angry and achieved SSJ?
But there were a lot of references to a "special saiyan" before that happened.
>>
>>149744262
He did get stronger, but it was never really implied that he was as strong as SSB Vegito. The spiritbomb sword was made of spirit bomb energy that came from the humans/living things left in the planet and Goku and Vegeta which is effective against evil and IIRC the more evil the more effective. Also despite the bitching and moaning by some anons Vegeto did damage fused zamasu greatly since him falling apart. He did get boosts, but we can chuck that to the zenkai boost/haf human half saiyan hybrids which are supposed to have better potential than saiyans themselves, but not to the level you mentioned.
>>
>>149746202
>I have no proof they knew it but they totally did, I swear.
And Goku taught everyone Kaioken and Instant Transmission but they just don't use them because they all made a super secret agreement not to off screen!
>>
>>149746252
Kid Buu also didn't have 3 God Tier beings giving their energy into a Spirit Bomb either. Vegeta's energy alone is enough to dwarf Goku Timeline's Earth in its entirety, let alone Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks.
>>
>>149746281
Do you not understand the difference between a transformation and "just because he got angry"?

I'll give you the Krillin one.
>>
>>149741641
And both Goku and Vegeta could throw Zamasu around like a doll.
The difference between Black and Zamasu is staggering.
>>
>>149746289
Remember a few chapters after that how there were now two special Saiyans and Frieza was killed in one blow?
>>
File: novegetaagain.jpg (190KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
novegetaagain.jpg
190KB, 800x800px
Every time they sell DBS merch they disregard Vegeta, but Mai is there so get.
>>
>>149746306
Gohan at the end of the Buu Saga was in a completely different league than Kid Buu and Super Saiyan 3 Goku and yet his energy wasn't enough for the Spirit Bomb to completely wipe out Kid Buu. Your point?
>>
>>149746282
Ahah I thought so. So gods can be evil.
>>
>>149746308
And Trunks got a transformation through rage. Like pretty much every other SSJ transformation barring SSJG and SSJB.
>>
>>149745913
>Based Gowasu knows his shit
Gowasu has the advantage of retcons on his side.
The time limit on the Potara is shit writing through and through, and it completely shits on Goku persuading Vegeta to finally accept to the fusion in Z.
>>
>>149746324
I'm not gonna disagree that it went seriously to shit when SSJ turned into a trivial thing.
>>
File: 1474958922105.jpg (126KB, 829x639px) Image search: [Google]
1474958922105.jpg
126KB, 829x639px
>>149746220
Zamasu was best god, I will miss him.
>>149746235
demons are opposites of angels.
>>149746241
God are allowed to kill. He was never punished for it. He did no evil.
>>
>>149746336
Who the fuck decided that fruit people are gods anyway?
Like, what dictates that they are more special than all the other species in the multiverse?
>>
>>149745913
If Gowasu was so smart why can't he argue against Zamasu's bullshit justice?
>>
File: 20161114_111047.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_111047.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Had the chance to meet this wonderful man during comic con.
LIke the little autist that I am I asked him what was canon. he said that both anime and manga were canon but that he focuses more on the elements from the manga then the anime. Too bad this episode came so laye because I got tons of new questions to ask him.
Any other people fortunate enough to meet him? His english is quiet good.
>>
>>149746334
Gohan was not in a completely different league than SSJ3 Goku or Kid Buu. He was around their level.

Even then, everyone in that Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu might be on Super Vegeta's level. Now lets add Super Goku into that mix. Now lets add an entire planet (Remember, the Spirit Bomb doesn't just take from people but literally everything on the planet), and Super Trunks', you also have Gowasu and Supreme Kai as well.

Wow, that's a lot of fucking energy. Way more than the one against Kid Buu had, the majority of the population dead or not.
>>
>>149746358
Well the fruit people are the race that look exactly like Zamasu and Supreme Kai and such soooooo I guess Toriyama did?
>>
>>149746358

lifespan in the tens of thousands and apparently the power of creation?
>>
>>149746358
Zen-chan willed it
>>
>>149746377
>he was around their level
Which is why when Goku and Vegeta are in Buu's body, he shits his pants at the prospect of fighting standard old Super Buu with Vegeta's help. The same Super Buu that Gohan made look like a complete joke.
>>
>>149746370
Of all the questions you could have asked you ask this bullshit?
Jesus christ I wish I wasnt such a neet.
>>
>>149746370
>that resolution
>them pixels
Heh? Cool though.
>>
If anything, this episode made me want to never see a fusion ever again.
>>
>>149746412
She looks like a spic probably some shitty phone cam
>>
Vegito was such a jobber. All the hype last week made me laugh at all the people crying about how Vegito wasn't strong as the hype. KEK.

Vegito was always same as Gogeta in strength, only advantage was the perma state. Now that's reduced to "1 hour", aka 1 minute.

Vegitofags got BTFO hard.
>>
>>149746281
>How about that time Trunks got angry when Gohan died and achieved SSJ?
Trunks could turn Super Saiyan way before Gohan died.
Shows what you know.
>>
>>149746370
Did you ask him why toryiama is such a hack?
>>
>>149746450
>aka 1 minute.

you know if you keep posting this over and over it won't mean it's true
>>
>>149746450
he was not, super just fucked up his strength just like everything else from the old series it touches
>>
File: omni-king.png (419KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
omni-king.png
419KB, 854x480px
>>149746358
Don't you dare question my decisions
>>
>>149746329
normal Zamasu and Mai look alright. The rest are shit.
>>
>>149746466
>super is not canon
kek
>>
>>149746495
Super is fanfic deal with it.
>>
>>149746495
Anon didn't say that though.
And I really hope you don't think Super has good writing.
>>
>>149746495
where did I say that, retard?
all I'm saying is that it retcons a bunch of shit from Z
>>
>>149746370
Where the fuck was that?
Bandai? I saw him but he was promoting xv2.
>>
>>149746466
He was still strong you nigger, however strenght doesn't do much against someone who's literally half-immortal

>>149746504
It does actually, Zamasu was a pretty good villain and also this >>149745295
>>
>>149746450
>two SSj Blues, one who was stronger than Black, combine
>have issues with Black combined with a Kaioshin that's SSj2 tier at best
Super is absolutely fucking retarded
>>
>trunks killed freezer, cell, dabura, babidi, boo, the androids and zamasu

nice mary sue you got there
>>
>>149746523
being immortal is irrelevant, he lost in a power struggle against zamasu
>>
>>149746527
>issues

lol

he was knocking him around, lost a test of strength (no he didn't take a dive, vegettofags), and knocked him around some more

not to mention he pushed back the blast that it took a father son galick gun/kamehameha to stop with one hand
>>
>>149746143
They never did though. Vegeta could get as mad as he wanted and still get his shit pushed in. Only Gohan works on anger
>>
>>149746527
>>149746532
But he didn't, he was pretty much overpowering him
Watch the episode again you dumb ningens
>>
>>149746531
Holy shit, you're right. He took out the entire DBZ villain line-up by himself. He even killed a pseudo immortal god with zenkais.
>>
>>149746501
>fanfic
>from the original creator

And before you start posting links to interviews and so on, they all confirm that at the very least, he has oversight on what happens.
>>
>>149746523
>retconning the Potara so Trunks can save the day isn't bad writing
I guess the time limit just came up coincidentally when Vegito lowered his ki barrier inside Buu, then :^)
I'd even be fine with them explaining the time limit existing because Vegeta and Goku used the Potara once before, but no, it's because they're mortals.
>>
do you think we'll ever see Vegito again?
>>
File: toy2.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
toy2.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>149746370
Nice try faggot but there is a thing called google reverse search.

Super is fanfic deal with it.
>>
>>149746546
>Only Gohan works on anger

Yes, because he's a hybrid.
You know who else is a hybrid? Trunks.
You just solved your own ''issue'', good job.
>>
>>149746531
>freezer

obvious spic is obvious
>>
>>149746565
kek btfo
>>
>>149746547
try following your own advice and watching the part where he punches Vegetto again
>he was just pretending so he could hit Zamasu with his sword which did no damage whatsoever!
no matter how you spin it Vegetto's fight was pathetic, especially after Goku wrecked half of Zamasu on his own
>>
>>149746546
How did Goku get SSJ?
>>
>>149746583
>>>he was just pretending so he could hit Zamasu with his sword which did no damage whatsoever!

but he was, have you forgotten how much Vegito likes to fool around?
>>
>>149746565
How did you do? I reversed searched >>149746370 couldnt find shit and fell for the bait.
Teach me senpai
>>
>>149746566
You know who's never shown getting stupid tier power ups based on rage? Every other hybrid that isn't Gohan.
Your point?
>>
File: five minutes.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
five minutes.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
>>149746562
>>
>>149746601
he did it against Buu to get Buu to absorb him
when he was fighting Zamasu there was no reason not to kill him right away if possible
>>
>>149746583
you can watch the part where he pushed back the blast that took everything the 3 of them had with one hand, his superiority was shown right there
>>
>watch new episode
>transformation felt underwhelming
>zamasu dying felt underwhelming and bullshit
Honestly don't know how people appreciate this episode
>>
>>149746608
>Teach me senpai
Get a brain but thats too much asked of people who enjoy a shitshow like dragonball super.
>>
>>149746585
by not asspulling it
>>
>>149746621
Good music, decent animation, good voice-acting and the magical power of subjective taste
>>
>>149746644
>things that dont exists in super
>>
>>149746611
>Every other hybrid that isn't Gohan

So just Goten and Kid Trunks?
>>
>>149746585
Pure heart and anger. Still that was a transformation and had lots of foreshadowing.

The problem with Super is that you could make things work by showing them rather than having /a/ shitpost some "maybe Trunks learned Genkidama offscreen lol"
>>
>>149746660
>The problem with Super is that you could make things work by showing them

Now that is the only issue I have with the anime's writing, but it's understandable as they have to meet a weekly deadline
Good thing there's also the manga
>>
>>149746658
And teen Trunks too until DBS.
Why did Goku say only Gohan could defeat Cell with anger if Trunks could do it too?
>>
>>149746658
Prior to this arc that would also include Future Trunks. He just now ripped one out of his asshole because it's Super
>>
>>149746660
Yeah I wasn't arguing about the asspull, just saying Goku transformed by getting angry so it's not really new. The only difference is that there were lots of hints that something could happen.
>>
File: 0312-010.jpg (279KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0312-010.jpg
279KB, 1066x1600px
>>149742549
gotenks mortal magic isn't effected by anti-kaioshin magic
bibidi did make buu to kill the kaioshins after all
>>
>>149746698
So this proves that hybrids have more potential, something that was actually enstablished in DBZ.
So this doesn't even retcon DBZ and it actually respects its enstablished lore.

Your issues? They just got hakai'd.
>>
File: 1453994849772.jpg (47KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
1453994849772.jpg
47KB, 350x347px
>>149742549
notice that he went as a ssj3 and stayed fused for 30 minutes, its obvious that buu magic boosts dance fusion but defuses potara, even retard would notice
>>
>>149746711
>bibidi did make buu to kill the kaioshins after all
Wrong. Buu is a primordial being, Bibidi summoned him forth.
>>
>>149746719
Gohan is the sole hybrid prior who consistently got stupidly ridiculous power ups based on rage.

Congratulations, you proved nothing other than Trunks ripped a power up out of nowhere since he's never done rage outs like Gohan
>>
>>149746681
Trunks being able to get a huge poerr up by anger is bullshit so was that scene with vegeta against beerus. another stupid retcon of toryiama's part that sayians get fueled by anger.
Gohan was the only one in the original manga who got a huge power boost by going berserk. Where was trunks power boost when gohan died?(in the manga he already was ssj) Where was vegeta power boost when trunks died.
Heck even in super trunks didnt got a power boost when his mother died in front of him but turn into maximum over sayian once zamasu calls him ningen.
Quality writing.
>>
>>149746745
Why?
Because "magic?"
>>
>>149746750
wrong

that was a retcon stated years after the manga ended and series in fact
>>
>>149742484

Which made no sense. Piccolo and Gotenks were fusions too.
>>
>>149746765
Buu is pretty much magic, yes.
>>
So now that Fusion dance is superior to Potara, what's stoping them from doing the dance again?
>>
This is all toei's content

Toriyama introduced the db's unfusing kibitoshin so he could use it for vegetto in this arc

there was no point to them unfusing kibitoshin otherwise, toei really are retards
>>
>>149746765
it doesnt matter why, all that matter is that buu magic does affect fusions
>>
>>149746785
Piccolo wasn't a fusion, Piccolo had assimilated Nail and Kami.
It's a completely different process unique to Namekians.
>>
>>149746085
MAKE THE UNIVERSES GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>149746785
a possible explanation is that they're all different kinds of fusion
Gotenks was made with the fusion dance, Piccolo was a namekian fusion and Vegito was a potara fusion which all work in very different ways
>>
>>149746772
The thing about retcons. They're called that for a reason. Retroactive continuity.

It's canon. Cry all you want, but it's the truth. Your headcanons can't save you.
>>
>>149746797
>all bad things are Toei's fault
>all "good" things are Toriyama's

kek I swear to Zamasu, this shit is hilarious as fuck
>>
>>149746789
Vegeta
>bingo foreshadowing vegeta can dance
>akira wanted fusion with time limit
He wanted gogeta
>>
>>149746816
it's proven

see hit vs goku
>>
>>149746719
>only Gohan shows retard anger strength
>people comment on Gohan's retard anger strength many times, even if it doesn't help all that much
>Goku decides to enhance Gohan's anger strength by training him in a very particular way and tells everyone nobody else could do it but Gohan
>After 15 vols of nothing, Gohan's anger finally pay off
>nobody else has that anger strength despite being in situations that'd justify it
Ok?

>Trunks is SS2 tier
>Trunks is now SSB tier (>>>>>>> SS3 >> SS2)
>nobody bats an eye

You see the difference?
>>
>>149746765
Buu is bubble gum made by a wizard
Literally magic
>>
>>149746789
vegeta's 'saiyan pride', if he has any left
he doesn't
i honestly don't care for fusions anymore. It was so dissapointing. And i don't care about dbs in general. For 60 episodes i thought that MAYBE they would get on their feet, but it's straight bullshit right now
>>
>>149746816
>Kibitokai using the Dragon Balls to unfuse is made a completely pointless detail because "lol the Potara have a time limit on mortals :^)"
>good writing
>>
>>149746813
It's direct information from the manga, not headcanon

same with potara being permanent, toei does not change it
>>
>>149746788
You're seriously defending magic poo gas. Magic racist poo gas.

>>149746803
Why would it keep Vegito apart when the point was to make Buu stronger? How does it even know about the Potara? If Buu is only a few million years old and not 75 million like Elder Kai, Bibidi couldn't have known about Potara fusion and planned for it.
>>
File: Daddy Zamas.png (170KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy Zamas.png
170KB, 623x527px
>>149746816
>I swear to Zamasu
Don't you dare say the Lord's name in vain, you filthy ningen.
>>
>>149746844
Toei didn't. Toriyama did, just like he retconned Gohan's age.
>>
>>149746850
because buu magic doesnt go well with kaio magic, thats all you fucking retard
>>
>>149746850
Buu was not created by bibidi.
Toryiama stated in an interview that buu existed before time itself.
>>
>>149746878
How? How does Bibidi know about Potara fusion? How would he have made Buu able to counter it?
>>
File: 1478812111680.png (164KB, 388x386px) Image search: [Google]
1478812111680.png
164KB, 388x386px
>>149746850
and you are defending this fucking retarded time limit kys
>>
>>149746881
Toriyama also stated Super Saiyan 2 is the one with the long hair and no eye brows.
Anything Toriyama says after the series ending should be taken as non-canon.
>>
>>149746760
Toryiama is a hack whats new?
>>
>>149746753
>>149746824
Gohan and Trunks both got huge power boosts by simple pure rage, the correlation is that both of them are hybrids.
Therefore, this means hybrids have a tendency to power-up drastically when they get super angry.
And that, was actually enstablished way before Super. The thing of hybrids having more potential.
No retcons here, just following pre-enstablished lore.
>>
>>149746850
what you are not making sense, of course he would know since the kaioshins were there before buu.
>>
>>149746850
Here's your explanation : Gotenks got absorbed, no reason to unfuse him. Vegito wasnt really absorbed because of his shield and broke out of Buu's little boxes, which exposes him to body antigas or whatever you want them to be.
>>
>>149746889
I'm showing you that neither one makes any sense. They're both retarded. Dragon Ball has always had bad writing you dumb ningen.
>>
So... is GT better?
>>
>>149746881
Toriyama post Z didn't even remember Super Saiyan 2 and forgot shit on a regular basis. Yeah, I'm not taking his senile words on anything
>>
>>149746881
Being like that should be extremely powerful yet all mr.boo does is eat and jerk off to porn mags.
>>
>>149746821
But Hit vs Goku was much better in the anime anon
>>
>>149746909
>Trunks both got huge power boosts by simple pure rage
No. He never did. Never.
>>
>>149746922
Unironically yes.
>>
>>149746901
>Anything Toriyama says after the series ending should be taken as non-canon.
Super isnt canon lads.
Lets go home
>>
>>149746881
Tell that to >>149746772
>>
>>149746922
Super 17.
Trunks almost dies in a car crash.
Big Bang Kamehameha.
>>
>>149746922
>kid Goku and Pan
It's more fun, but it's equally bad.
>>
>>149746922
GT didn't make sense either in many respects.

Super is just dumb as shit right now, however so I can't say which is better. Atleast the GT had better transformations. Golden Oozaru, SS4, and Gogeta
>>
toei didn't even state if the fusion had a cooldown, what retards

lmao they literally gave us gogeta and called it vegetto
>>
>>149746916
but it was better, it was established, all these changes are retarded and unnecessary, seriously kys, world will be a better place without you
>>
>>149746922
They're two different kinds of shit
>>
>>149746909
Trunks never had before, neither had any of the other hybrids in the series
Gohan is known for doing it
Trunks' random blue aura power up is ripped directly out of nowhere just because Zamasu said "Welp, that's all your fault."

Last time Trunks was informed he fucked up? Gave up and basically waited for Cell to kill him
>>
>>149746922
Baby saga > super
Super 17 and shadow dragons were fucking shite
>>
>>149746971
And Super is more inconsistent shit.
GT is a nice steady stream of shit.
>>
>>149746966
It was not better, it was lazy and retarded you dumb ningen. You are blinded by nostalgia and don't realize that BOTH are fucking retarded.
>>
>>149746959
Gogetas Big Bang Kamehameha in gt was a fucking disgrace

Say what you want about the retcon but the Vegetto fight looked leagues better
>>
>>149746559
The retcon wasn't bad writing and let me explain you why.

First of all it expanded the lore, we now know that if one of the users is a god the fusion will last forever. This makes sense as potaras are mainly for gods.
Now, because of this, we actually have a reasonable explanation for Vegito defusing inside of Buu instead of just ''magic lol''.
So what we got out of that ''retcon'' is lore expansion and an explanation for something that was unclear in DBZ.
Is this bad writing to you?

Also another reason they did this was likely so that they could bring back Vegito in future episodes.
>>
>>149747003
>Vegetto fight
Didn't that shit last only like 30 seconds before the defusion happened? He was struggling even as a Super Saiyan God too.
>>
File: 0312-005.jpg (280KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0312-005.jpg
280KB, 1066x1600px
>>149747004
Ah yes, reasonable explanation!
>you last 1 hour
>>wait it is actually 5 minutes!
happened in the same episode

Hol up, vegetto just happened to defused in buu arc right when he lowered his force field

Just a coincidence I'm sure! Praise Toei!
>>
>>149747035
Meanwhile, Gogeta looks retarded and wastes all his time.
>>
>>149746932
He just did in Super, he also did against Cell in second form kinda

>>149746976
Well just because Gohan was the only one it doesn't mean the others can't, you dumb ningen

>Trunks' random blue aura power up is ripped directly out of nowhere just because Zamasu said "Welp, that's all your fault."

Still a reason for him to get pissed off, no matter how you feel about it
>>
>>149747035
>30 seconds

Not even close
>>
File: toyotaro-626x330.png (495KB, 626x330px) Image search: [Google]
toyotaro-626x330.png
495KB, 626x330px
We need this guy more then ever to safe super. As long as the manga stays class I can fuck with the anime ironically but if the manga fucks up too my inner nerd gives up on this series completely.
>>
>>149747004
>Now, because of this, we actually have a reasonable explanation for Vegito defusing inside of Buu instead of just ''magic lol''.
Instead of "magic lol" we now have the explanation of "time limit ended literally the same moment Vegito lowered his Ki barrier lol".
Which, yes, is shitty writing, and a needless retcon.
They could've explained the time limit existing for Goku and Vegeta SPECIFICALLY because they'd already fused with the Potara before.
Or they could've just used Gogeta and made an off hand remark about Vegeta knowing the dance.
Instead we get retardation.
>>
>>149747046
Meanwhile, Gotenks stayed fused. And Goku thinks that they can use fusion inside of Buu.
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (169KB, 1040x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
169KB, 1040x458px
>spent hundreds of dollaroos trying to get Super Vegito
>it didn't even take a week for Bandai to shill out Vegito Blue and Rose Black who will both probably be broken

fuck my life
>>
>>149746922
yes
>>
>>149747000
The Buu defusion shit was at least surprising and interesting. Vegito was shrunk to the size of a flea so he could enter Buu's body, and got split. That was something unexpected, it was the first time we'd seen it and it lead to a more interesting plot : Goku and Vegeta being in danger and having to hold their own individually.

The time limit is a cop out we've seen two or three times already. It lead to some sort of dumb automatic Genkidama with no weight, tension or authenticity behind it like the Buu one had.
>>
>>149747046
How did Vegetto learn that lolMAGIC defuses them?
>>
File: 0312-013.jpg (296KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0312-013.jpg
296KB, 1066x1600px
>>149747073
Vegeta knows how to dance. But you can't expect Toei to read the source material
>>
>>149747057
>just because Gohan's the only one who always ever did it and no other hybrid did, doesn't mean it's Gohan exclusive
Except that's exactly what it means. Trunks was never established to go full retard with rageand nothing in the arc sets up him powering up like that. Thus it's bullshit
>>
>>149747004
It would've been a good retcon if dbz wasn't about silly goofiness. It always had silly stuff in it. Buu's magic was this kind of element and it just sat well with me.
The retcon makes sense, it really does, and i'd say it's a very good retcon, though it completely drained any tension from fusion. It just won't feel the same anymore. Back then it was the last line of defense, now they could just do it from the get go. And don't get me started on SSB reducing fusion time. This, comined with the fact that they can do it whenever they want kills Vegito. He's so underwhelming
>>
>>149747083
>Gotenks stayed fused
It's almost like the Potara and Fusion dance worked differently.
>And Goku thinks they can use fusion inside of Buu
And why couldn't they once they were freed?
>>
>>149747084
I hope you saved up those stones.
>>
>>149747083
Since he deducted it clearly.
>>149747097
Vegetto didn't expect to unfuse

see >>149746711
>>
>>149747057
>He just did in Super
And that's the fucking problem

>he also did against Cell in second form kinda
No.
>>
>>149746922
No and all the people saying yes are retards whose ''''''issues''''''' take exactly one second to explain away
Just read the whole thread, it's pretty entertaining
>>
>>149747121
How do they work differently? How does Buu know about it?
>>
>>149747118
It doesn't make sense because then there is no difference between potara and fusion dance now.

That is why Toriyama had it be permanent and more powerful as well.
>>
>>149747083
gotanks stayed fused ssj3 for 30 minutes which he couldnt do without buu
>>
>>149747084
Seeing all this vegetto ssblue merchs makes me more and more afraid that it was actually toryiama's idea for the potara retcon.
For the love of god dont nerf my boy vegetto and turn him into gogeta 2.0.
>>
>>149747155
Except he didn't. If he wanted it permanent, Vegetto will be in the End of Z.
>>
>>149747148
>How do they work differently?
are you seriously asking that?
>>
>>149747148
Buu is antikaioshin. Not antimetamol.
>>
>>149746922
Both are shit and not canon.
>>
>>149747181
they're both magic techniques.
>>
>>149747148
Who said Buu knows about the different types of fusions?
Why does Buu need to know about the fusions for the story to make sense?
>Gotenks was absorbed because he didn't have a force field around him, Vegito wasn't because he did have a force field
>Vegito was split because whatever was inside Buu forced it, Gotenks wasn't because the fusions are different/Buu absorbed the fusion
>>
>>149747155
>That is why Toriyama had it be permanent and more powerful as well.
>Uhh... they defuse because... bad air!
Hahahahaha
>>
>>149747202
yes but one was created by the kais while the other was invented by some random aliens
>>
>>149747180
What? Vegetto being unfused via buu's air magic didn't make potara not permanent.

This is how you at least stay consistent within your own series unlike Toei who like to retcon shit.
>>
>>149747202
potara is magic, dance is not magic, it's a technique
>>
>>149747108
>Trunks was never established to go full retard with rage

But in DBZ it was very well enstablished hybrids could do that and Trunks is a hybrid too
Thus, it's not bullshit

>>149747135
>And that's the fucking problem

It's a problem? How?
Hybrids can do that after all

No matter how hard you try, your stupid issues are nothing but non-issues
>>
If you thought Super was hella great and made perfect sense until now I can see why you would think this episode was shit.
>>
>Idiots now say; B-but Fusion isn't a kai technique so it works inside buu.

Good lord they'd fall back to any headcanon to stick to whatever.
>>
>>149747211
>they defuse because lol time limit at the exact moment they lowered their force field
Hahahahaha
>>
>>149747218
>It's magic!
>Magic dance is not magic!
Do you realize how terrible Dragon Ball's writing has ALWAYS been yet?
>>
>>149747235
That makes more sense than ''bad air lol'' no matter how hard you try to say otherwise
Drop those nostalgia goggles, I bet the manga too is gonna have this
>>
>>149747245
and yet they made it even worse now gg
>>
>>149747235
Majin Farts > Vegito
Buu could win by farting. :^)
>>
>>149747228
Z established Gohan, and only Gohan, could. Multiple times.
No other hybrid ever raged out to extremes like Gohan did.

You have no argument
>>
>>149747211
Yes, an extreme exception that didn't retcon the Potara fusion since you would have to have a force field around you when you got fused, then release your force field.

Meaning they would still be permanent outside of Buu.
>>
why the fuck would you even give it a 1 hour time limit if Vegeto didn't defuse after one hour either time
>>
>>149741414
I disagree entirely

About your first point at least, I think if Vegito remained fused it would have linked the plot neatly into the next arc, a hunt for the dragonballs across multiple universes in order to summon the super dragon again and wish Vegito unfused
>>
>>149747228
>It's a problem? How?
>Hybrids can do that after all
It's a problem because ONE hybrid could do it and everyone talked about it like the product of THIS hybrid. All other hybrid never shown these traits in similar situations so it's a Gohan only thing.

Having it shift to Trunks despite the past showing he could never do it is a continuity mistake. It doesn't add up.
>>
>>149747271
But that's not an argument to begin with.
>>
>>149747234
Headcanon? It's literally in the manga, which you have not read I'm sure. >>149746711

Do you even know what headcanon means?
>>
>>149747269
It's the same awful writing it's always had.
>>
>>149747271
>Z established Gohan, and only Gohan, could. Multiple times.

Yes, because he's a hybrid. They literally explain it with that

>No other hybrid ever raged out to extremes like Gohan did.

Trunks just did, or Super now magically doesn't count?

>You have no argument
No anon, YOU have no argument
>>
>>149747297
>it's not an argument that no other hybrid but Gohan was established to have extreme rage power ups because I say so
>>
>>149747271
Goten
Trunks
Gotenks
>>
>>149747293
My little Gohanfag can not be this silly.
>>
>>149747307
so why changing shit with shit? are you that retarded? old explanation didnt need this new shit
>>
>>149747300
>trusting a deduction by Goku
>>
>>149747265
More than bad air, Vegito let himself be affected by Buu when he entered his body (being shrunk and all). He was also vulnerable to the candy beam although he kept his strength, so this isnt more of a stretch than "everyone was wrong and the time limit was at THAT PRECISE TIME lol"
>>
>>149747313
Super doesn't count because Trunks never did it before and there's no setup whatsoever for it

>>149747333
Who never got extreme power ups via rage
Your point?
>>
>>149747332
Mate you're fucking dumb. Rage power up isn't even a hybrid thing, it's a Saiyan thing. The only "Gohan trait" is that he's a faggot who can't fight at all unless he gets angry. Other Saiyans also get angry, but they can fight even in their normal state.
>>
>the series is shit and dumb because muh power-levels

kek this fanbase

you do realize that you people are exactly what OPM mocks, right?

you do also realize Toriyama never liked power levels to begin with, right?

now QUALITY aside, I've been enjoying Super a lot, it feels good not being an autist who still fucking argues over power-levels in DB
>>
>>149747334
This is true though.
>>
>>149747360
which is why Gohan's rage boosts are massive.
>>
>>149747355
They got extreme power ups because plot. Because "hybrids."
>>
>>149747297
it didn't occur to you that every character has different potential? did you ever see goten raging and attaining ridiculous power? gohan is just a crybaby with a huge potential and gets mad when shit gets down.
>>
>>149747351
Goku wasnt a brain dead moron by the end of z like he is in super
>>
>>149747355
Just because ''he never did it before'', it doesn't mean he didn't have the potential to do it

>there's no setup whatsoever for it

Black destroying everything, decimating Earth's population and then blaming Trunks for it is not a believeable setup now?

>captcha: STOP
>>
>>149747367
Opm> goku
>>
>>149747367
ah yes
the great One Gag Man(ga)
>>
>>149747367
It's not only PLs. The story is dumb and the powerlevels got butchered for it. Toriyama always made a satisfying story while keeping PLs somewhat plausible.
>>
>>149747385
but that's still goku's assumption. It's never stated by the Kaioshin themselves; it's Goku who deduces it.

Now that we know the actual ruling, then it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>149747385
Yeah he was
>I could beat Buu, but I wanted Vegeta to have a turn
>>
>>149747384
Potential perceived by fanboys and what actually happens are two different things. And like Goku and Vegeta showed, it's not all about rage.
>>
>>149747367
Funny how opm is better written then drahonball
>>
>>149741775
You try fusing with abother dude for a few years and see how you like it
>>
>>149747414
It's not hard, Dragon Ball was always poorly written.
>>
>>149747408
No, he was dead and wanted the new generation to beat him. Which they would've done.

He didn't expect buu to absorb people.
>>
>>149747380
Goten and Trunks as Gotenks trained in the time chamber to hit Super Saiyan 3 after witnessing Goku do it.

Trunks transforms out of the blue without even the slightest bit of foreshadowing just because

>>149747394
Last time he was confronted with his fuck ups, he shut down and waited for Cell to kill him.
>>
>>149747401
>The story is dumb

Very subjective statement, personally I like the multiverse angle it's taking and Zamasu was literally the only good written villain in the franchise
>>
>>149747394
>Black destroying everything, decimating Earth's population and then blaming Trunks for it is not a believeable setup now?
This is not a setup.

This >>149746824
Is a setup. A 15 vols setup.
>>
>>149747434
Read that again ningen.
I'm not talking about Gotenks. I'm talking about Vegeta.
>>
>>149744467
Goku's performance against him didn't make sense in the first place though. Black was stronger than Goku, so there's no way Goku had any business touching a Black fusion without Kaioken.

Vegetto vs Zamasu made sense in comparison.
>>
>>149747409
it's you who's the fanboy lmao
you can't stop sucking that trunks dick
>>
File: 0319-001.jpg (191KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0319-001.jpg
191KB, 1066x1600px
>>149747456
There was nothing to suggest he gave vegeta a turn

He actually couldn't gather enough energy since SSJ3 was shit tier

SSJob3
>>
>>149747468
Thanks for conceding the argument.
>>
>>149747401
Powerlevels getting butchered is fine

But Trunks is a VERY poor choice of character for it, he's already frustrating for how he made the next villains bigger by making the entire Frieza arc seem insignificant and generally being an idiot throughout the entire Cell arc, so having him secure the kill is just asinine, reminding us about how annoying the little shit is
>>
>>149747445
Multiverse can always be fun but we still have to see it. DBZ had multiplanets and universal scales too.

>Zamasu was literally the only good written villain in the franchise
You serious? Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell, they're all much better in that role.
>>
>>149747497
It's his world though, so it makes sense.
>>
>>149747429
Nah anon, DBZ is top-tier writing
I mean, every villain being ''hurr I'm evil and powerful durr'' and every saga being ''there's this guy who's stronger than all previous villains but with enough training the hero beat him'' is 10/10 writing!

There's a reason DB threads are containment, everyone here is underage as fuck.
>>
>>149747404
the old kai said it was permanent even though he knew it would be two ningen fusing
it's a retcon
>>
>All this salt
>And here I am just happy that it means characters besides Goku and Vegeta can get the spotlight
I want this to happen.
>>
>>149747502
>Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell

''I'm evil and I want power'' is literally shit tier villain, senpai

Zamasu is an idealistic villain, that automatically makes him better written than everyone else

>DBfag now realizes his series has always been poorly written
>>
>>149747509
That was only DBZ though, DB was pretty good, and they always gave reasons for their sometimes odd choices.
>>
>>149747509
Please stop being retarded.
>>
File: 1439763789712.png (58KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1439763789712.png
58KB, 307x352px
How did we go from everyone praising Black and his arc as the best DB related material since Cell Saga to a trainwreck in one week?
>>
>>149747508
But he's an annoying, unlikable little shit

Look, I'm all for having a different character actually win a fight, but let it be Piccolo, or Tien, or Krillin, or someone, anyone but Trunks.

Also the means of victory was a giant asspull, not complaining about the actual move, but rather about the total lack of foreshadowing towards Trunks being able to use a spirit bomb or whatever the fuck he did
>>
>>149741247
>ssj2 is more powerful than 2 super saiyan gods fused

this is some top level bullshit
>>
>>149747485
i didn't concend anything. Find me a page where nks or Goten have raged to the point of increasing their battle strength significally. They didn't because they are fearless dumb kids. Gohan on the other hand has always had emotional problems and was scared shitless by what was going on. Gohan is just an unique snowflake. It's not that he got a power up out of nowhere, it's that he was scared to use it
>>
File: 0315-011.jpg (264KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0315-011.jpg
264KB, 1066x1600px
>>149747536
Toei.
>>
>>149747536
/a/utism speaks
>>
>>149747536
powerlevel autism, the bane of any DB thread
>>
>>149747536
Retcons and a shitty finish

That said, watching Zamasu cry was fucking brilliant
>>
>>149747443
>Last time he was confronted with his fuck ups, he shut down and waited for Cell to kill him.
We had just went through two episodes of Trunks being depressed but gaining motivation to fight with his own hands to protect the world (the one with Gohan and the one with Vegeta). There's no way that would happen again.
>>
>>149747512
the old kai was stuck in a sword for millions of years. He didn't know jack shit about two mortals fusing. Nothing in the manga suggests that a mortal-to-mortal potara fusion would be permanent because he didn't have an example to base it through.
>>
>>149747545
But Trunks didn't power through dumb rage so I don't know what you're even on about.
>>
>>149747523
This is arbitrary. Evil villains for the sake of their own interests, bloodlust or because of their origins (Cell, Vegeta) is fine. Idealistic villains need lots of good writing to be good and DBS doesnt have that. Only "MUH NINGENS". There's a reason Zamasu is a meme here
>>
>>149747570
Trunks is also a unique snowflake now, since they gave him the stupid power boosts to boost his figurine sales haha
He didn't even need the power-ups. They could have well done without it
>>
>>149747564
The only other example was an example of it being permanent

This means that the burden lies not on suggesting that it WOULD be permanent, but rather that it WOULDN'T be permanent
>>
i wonder what evil they will fight next
>>
>>149747563
We just went through a portion of an arc where Trunks saw three additional androids and got his shit stomped in by 18, there's no way losing to Cell would completely demoralize hi-oh wait
>>
File: 0197-007.jpg (259KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0197-007.jpg
259KB, 1066x1600px
SSJ and SSJ2 were always foreshadowed
SSJ2 itself was a plot point with 4 warriors trying to go beyond and training for years with different methods.

Even SSG was foreshadowed at the beginning of the movie. Toei could not even make a mention of trunks and his power.

He just got a random powerup.
>>
>>149747583
Zamasu's ideals make him unique compared to other villains, avoiding the utterly bland personality of a Super 17 or Omega Shenlong. You aren't meant to sympathize with him - and the show even had Vegetto reacting comically to Zamasu's rant this episode.
>>
>>149747583
>There's a reason Zamasu is a meme here

He is?

Then explain why he ranked second place here http://www.strawpoll.me/11590076/r
>>
>>149747602
and that example still has a Kai fusing with a non-Kai.

The requirement is that at least one Kai needs to be fusing in.
>>
>>149746922
No, but check this.
Big villain merged with something to become almost unstoppable. Goku and Vegeta fused and beat up villain for a while before their time limit runs out and they unused. Villain is then beaten by an attack that is comprised of the energy given by the Earth and it's inhabitants.

Which am I talking about?
End if Buu? End of GT? End of Black arc?
>>
>>149747616
Just like SS3
>>
>>149747564
Ockham Razor. If he says it and nothing seems to contradict it then no reason to assume he was talking out of his ass when he always was reliable
>>
>>149747608
Eh. That's different. In fact, it's the exact opposite. He wasn't demoralized there, so the show wasn't repeating itself when he lost his will against Cell. We already had two episodes about Trunks' will failing and him gaining conviction. So, it's clear he wouldn't hesitate again.
>>
File: kakageta.jpg (44KB, 561x299px) Image search: [Google]
kakageta.jpg
44KB, 561x299px
>>149741247

Mate if you didn't see that Vegetto was far stronger than Zamasu, I can't help you. How obvious do they have to make it for you?
>Mocks him, plays with him, plays dead while not even having a scratch
He thought he had an hour before things got serious
>>
>>149747536
Toei. Some idiots will say blame AT but that old ass ningen doesn't actually do anything. He just signs off on shit.
>>
>>149747634
SS3 would be a problem if Goku killed fat Buu with it. He just stalled.
>>
>>149747629
That's besides the point, an exception to the rule as the sole example, with nothing suggesting that it is an exception to the rule, is tantamount to suggesting that the exception, is, in fact, the rule, not an exception
>>
>>149747631
kek
fucking dragon ball
>>
>>149747671
Just like Trunks stalled Black and Zamasu when he first had his power up.
>>
>>149747602
>This means that the burden lies not on suggesting that it WOULD be permanent, but rather that it WOULDN'T be permanent
Vegetto was the only example of a fusion of two mortals and he somehow wasn't permanent, in spite of the Old Kai's words. Now we have an explanation for that.

Now, granted, it's still a "retcon", if that's what you're arguing about, but it's one that fits perfectly with the events shown in the Buu Saga and explains something that didn't have a proper explanation before.
>>
>>149747631
Evil villain seeks the mystical Dragon Balls to grant them a wish, and the heroes must stop them after fighting through a quirky band of increasingly dangerous villains.

Red Ribbon, Namek, or Black Star?
>>
>>149747617
He brings diversity in the mix, that is true, but that doesnt mean he's a better character or anything.

>>149747618
Meme magic. Worked for Trump.
>>
>>149747714
MAKE DRAGON BALL GREAT AGAIN

WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND MAKE TOEI PAY FOR IT
>>
File: 1433233783336.jpg (69KB, 620x809px) Image search: [Google]
1433233783336.jpg
69KB, 620x809px
>DB will never go back to adventuring in the search of the dragon balls with tournaments in between
>>
>>149747700
Evil villain wants to rule everything and also be powerful

King Piccolo, Piccolo Jr, Frieza, Cell, Super 17 or Omega Shenron?
>>
>>149747688
It fits with the events, but it's an odd fit

Like the retcon to saiyan aging, it fits... kind of, because while it fits with Goku, it sure as hell didn't with Gohan, which makes it confusing as to why it fits with Goten and Trunks.

The potara fusion being impermanent fits, but it doesn't fit quite as well as Buu's insides rejecting the fusion, because the split was exceedingly perfectly timed otherwise.

Also Vegito being around for another arc as everyone tries to defuse him would be cool, it's a painful missed opportunity by the writers, a chance for a story not driven by "stop the bad guy"
>>
>>149741247

BUTTHURT VEGITTO FANS

BUTTHURT VEGITTO FANS

BUTTHURT VEGITTO FANS

BUTTHURT VEGITTO FANS
>>
>>149747651
Questions his conviction after 18 pushes his shit in and sees three additional androids. Gathers his resolve and trains up to surpass his limits / won't hesitate again. Cell tells him he fucked up and he just gives up and waits for Cell to kill him.
>>
>>149747729
TRUNKS IS A CRIMINAL
HE SHOULD BE IN TIME JAIL
>>
>>149747714
Oh yeah, 80 people out of 300 voted Zamasu just for the memes

Mate, it's not hard to be a better villain than all the previous ones. It's fucking Dragonball we're talking about, this series has never been good with villains.
>>
>>149747687
Except I was only talking from a narrative standpoint. Logically, SS3 makes more sense to exist after 7 years of training in the afterlife than an angry PU after 10 minutes despite that shit never happening before
>>
>>149747667
Man, I was seriously hoping Vegeto would wreck Zamasu, but the opposite happened. Vegeto should've been kept as this legendary badass who can beat anything.

>>149747731
Go to bed grandpa.
>>
File: 0257-010.jpg (238KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0257-010.jpg
238KB, 1066x1600px
>>149747634
SSJ3 was foreshadowed, but not as heavily as SSJ1. Toriyama still wanted somewhat of a surprise for his new arc.

It's what caused Vegeta to go Majin since his own SSJ2 wouldn't be enough against this power he felt.
>>
>>149747270
Veku would beat everyone with his farts
>>
>>149747618
because that includes Black
>>
>>149743717
Fusion dance != Earring

>>149746367
This
>>
>>149747688
It does not fit perfectly at all. He only defused inside buu and that was AFTER he took down his force field.

Toriyama wasn't stupid enough to retcon his own story the first time.
>>
>>149747794
But Black IS Zamasu, same ideals motivations personality etc...
>>
>>149747731

No it won't.
I bet even 4yo pan is about as strong as Goku was during the original DB and Goku himself can collect all Dragon Balls within 1 minute now.

GT tried to revive that feeling of the Dragonball Search adventures, at least. The problem was that it was shit.

>>149747770

> hoping Vegeto would wreck Zamasu, but the opposite happened.
It didn't though. Vegetto had the upper hand the entire time and was literally about to kill Zamasu before his fusion ended abrutly.
>>
>>149747767
Get your ad populum elsewhere.

DB never had complexe villains, but they were always better than almost anything Toei would come up with because of the execution. Toei has no sense of pacing or subtility while Toriyama easily conveys information and charisma in his panels.
>>
>>149747731
>5 episode slice of life arc with Pan, Bra, Uub and Marron searching for the Dragon Balls on their own
>Bra wants the best clothing in the universe
>Marron wants a boyfriend
>Pan just wants to have fun
>Uub is babysitter
It could happen...
>>
>>149741414
>didn't really have any clever ways for him to unfuse
Zeno.
>>
>>149747785
That's foreshadowing for Goku having SSJ2, not SSJ3.
>>
>>149747828
>Uub
>>
>>149747834
That's not foreshadowing anything SSJ2 since vegeta confirms it already. If it was just SSJ2 he wouldn't need any edge to beat goku.
>>
File: cat-and-girls.jpg (111KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
cat-and-girls.jpg
111KB, 1300x900px
>>149747851
Fine
Beerus.
>>
>>149747826
>Toei wrote Zamasu

Funny you say that, did you know Toriyama had Zamasu planned for years?

>In an interview with Toyotaro, Akira Toriyama reveals that he was thinking about having the form be white, but then it would color-clash with the “next enemy”(possibly referring to Zamasu), so he figured he should save it for another occasion.

Zamasu was all Toriyama. Plus how the fuck did he have no charisma?
>>
>>149747808
>Toriyama wasn't stupid enough to retcon his own story the first time.

Huh, he did retcon stuff during the original run, even retcons that actually caused direct contradictions - like kid Goku having trained one month in the RoSaT even though he clearly had never seen enhanced gravity before getting to North Kai's planet.

Or Kuririn in Namek talking about Goku having gotten Zenkai boosts in the past.
>>
>>149747859
He needed majin to match SS2 Goku
>>
>tfw this arc is just Buu saga all over again
>a semi eternally regenerating thing that can merge with other beings
>Babidi and Dabura even made an appearance like they did in the original
>yfw it's revealed that this is how Kid Buu came to be except no one could stop him at the time
>>
>>149747828
>>149747851
>>149747865
I would watch the SHIT out of this.
>>
>>149747867
Oh and before you ask for a source
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

>''In Battle of Gods it was red, so I figured for Revival of “F” I should go with blue. That’s all (laughs). Well, actually I was thinking about having it be white, but then it would color-clash with the “next enemy”… so I figured I should save it for another occasion (laughs).''

This old nigga has had Zamasu planned for a long ass time
>>
>>149747819
Zamasu had just tanked the Final Kamehameha. They were pretty evenly matched.
>>
>>149747873
RoSaT has enhanced gravity? When is that mentioned?
>>
>>149747867
What I'm saying is that Zamasu would be good in Toriyama's manga, decades ago. Toei can't portray him efficiently
>>
>>149747893
And then Toei ruined it
>>
>>149747865
>I'm the God of Destruction, not a babysitter!
>Whis get back here! I don't have time for this!
>What do you mean "no pudding unless I help them?!"
>FIIIIINE. But if they start crying I'm destroying half the Earth!
>>
>>149747902
When it's introduced. The gravity is 10 times Earth's, just like King Kai's planet.
>>
>>149747873
RoSaT is Toriyama's only real retcon and it's in the shitty writing arc, Cell. Other than that it's mostly fine
>>
>>149747894

Not in strength, Zamasu was a portara fusion too but one half of him, while immortal, was weak as fuck compared to both Goku and Vegeta. The clean cut thing Trunks did between the mortal and immortal part of Zamasu was pretty neat and probably the way to go.
>>
>>149747944
It's either anime only or anecdotal. Or in the fucking Cell arc
>>
>>149747944
>Beerus claims to have wiped out dinosaurs on Earth. However, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z show that dinosaurs still exist on Earth
Fucking jobber
>>
>>149747944
Notice how DB has very few entries
>>
>>149747951

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f18nEHa2pKI

Yeah, Zamasu is weaker, but not by that much. Future Zamasu can keep up with a SSB. He's kind of a punching bag at times just because he doesn't bother defending due to his immortality - Goku himself calls him out on it later.
>>
Mafuba was a boring one-use technique, they should bring back Zanzouken instead.
>>
>>149748083

Goku alone can block portara-zamasu's attack and kick his shit in, once at least. He would fuck normie zamasu up all day
>>
>>149744711
>Fuck, the only thing they learned from GT is how much of a cash cow series they have.
GT was a huge failure though, there's a reason it got cancelled so quickly. And DB has been a cash cow since way before GT.
>>
>>149747859
He would, because Vegeta did not reach SSJ2 before Babidi's power-up.
>>
>>149746531
King Cold too
>>
>>149748901
>He would, because Vegeta did not reach SSJ2 before Babidi's power-up.

People say that but Vegeta scolded him for not being able to beat someone at the level of perfect cell. I am sure vegeta had SSJ 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOnm9tNcCM
>>
>>149747084
GLOBAL WHEN? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>149749037
That still wouldn't mean that he knew about SSJ3. Even if Vegeta was able to go SSJ2, he might still have been way weaker than Goku, just like how Goku and Gohan greatly outclassed him during the Cell games despite being in the same SSJ form. Also, when Vegeta fought Goku he believed they were both at full strength. That's why he was so fucking butthurt when he came back later on and had learned that Goku was holding back on him by not using SSJ3.
Thread posts: 566
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.