[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any anime out there that focus on Feminism or Feminist ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: saylor moon.jpg (54KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
saylor moon.jpg
54KB, 500x389px
So I've become pretty interested the ideas of feminism and have worked along with them over the last few months. I'm always interested in learning more about the subject so i'm thinking there may be an anime out there that really shows how some Japanese people interpret feminism. I'm not just asking for "feminst friendly" anime as I'm personally ok with whatever I watch but i'm asking for an asking for an anime that has direct connections with feminism.
>>
>>149546010
Pic related
>>
>>149546010
tetsuwan girl
>>
School Days
>>
Darker than Black
>>
>>149546010
This could've gotten good if your bait wasn't so obvious.
>>
File: tumblr_lwui3zSL5d1qmubgso2_500.png (242KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwui3zSL5d1qmubgso2_500.png
242KB, 500x282px
>>
>>149546010

Boku no Pico
>>
They are here on /a/ now.
>>
>>149546010
I think Utena hace something pretty strong feminist ideas, thought I'm not sureste is that's what you're looking for. The director is the sane that directed the best part of Sailor Moon too.
>>
>>149546010

I recommend Ranma 1/2
>>
>>149546080
>>149546093

That's old feminism, not modern third wave feminism
>>
Yuri Kuma Arashi
>>
Fuck off
>>
Keijo!!!!!!!! is a compelling look at female sexuality and women's sports as an industry.
>>
>>149546125

could you give examples
>>
>>149546010
I don't believe you.
>>
The fact that people actually helped OP is baffling.
>>
Well, what do you consider feminism?
Because as a fellow feminist, I can recommend Grenadier with the same fervor I can recommend Ghibli movies.

The fact is OP, feminist anime, or manga for that matter, is rare. The topic simply isn't an issue among japanese artists. What you have instead are works that's subject matter are wholly unrelated to feminism but simply contain stuff that feminists campaign for as a matter of fact.

You can use a feminist lens to view anything from Cutey Honey and Ikkitousen to Slayers, Pretty Cure and Nana (and those are just a tiny smattering of examples), but you won't find much directly exploring feminism.

There's more anime and manga that adresses gender identity than feminism.
>>
>>149546589
I'm suddenly conflicted as to wetger I should have recommended Skip Beat over Nana, but ultimately both have about as much to do with feminism per se.
>>
>>149546589
>Grenadier

now I know what was in AMV Hell 3 all those years ago thanks
>>
>>149546010
>anime that has direct connections with feminism.

literally no such thing

tmblr loves Kill la Kill though, a show that features a mother fingering her daughter

maybe thats what you're looking for
>>
Why has this thread not been deleted?
>>
>>149546690
Because this isn`t /pol/?
>>
Check out Princess Arete, OP. Great movie, originally based on feminist lit. It's been reinterpreted as a general humanist narrative but the themes are still there.
>>
Cross Ange
>>
>>149546010
>>>/wsr/
>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>149546690
because mods=fags
>>
wow hey, rec threads sure do not belong here.
>>
>>149546850
More like ''shows where literally the bf steals the spotlight and rescues the heroine multiple times''

not that I'm complaining, Tusk is based
>>
>>149546010
>humanist
i.e. sexist
>>
>>149546796
It's not about feminism or not. This is a literal rec thread. It should be deleted and Op banned.
>>
>>149546905
Banning anime rec threads from /a/ was the stupidest thing to ever happen to this board.

Also stop giving a fuck about the rules jesus christ
>>
Ranma 1/2
>>
>>149546949
Hope you get banned as well
>>
>>149546949
Why should rec threads be allowed? All they do is attract retarded crossboarders.
>>
I know you're shitposting and all, but Woman Called Fujiko Mine is probably the closest thing I can think of.
>>
>>149547049
With the rate /a/ has been these past few years crossboarders might just be the only good people to discuss anime with.
>>
>>149546010
try kill la kill
>>
Nu-/a/ everyone.
>>
File: I miss u Hitler.jpg (36KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
I miss u Hitler.jpg
36KB, 599x600px
I sincerely hope OP is just samefagging.
Where's the dubposter when we need him?
>>
feminism has become a cancer. maybe its always has been. belladonna of sadness is the closest to what youre looking for imo.
>>
>>149546010
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>149546690
Because mods are femcucks that probably voted for shillary
>>
>>149547049
Don't forget how they spawn other rec threads that flood the board all day every day. /a/ needs less activity and more lurking.
>>
>>149547316
I knew it. It all comes together now.
>>
Please delete this shit thread ;_;
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.