[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will anything reach TTGL's hype ever again? (Except KlK)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: ttgl-anime.jpg (2MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl-anime.jpg
2MB, 3840x2400px
Will anything reach TTGL's hype ever again? (Except KlK)
>>
>>149543057
one punch man s2
>>
KLK was nowhere near as hyped as TTGL.
>>
Imaishi's next original, obviously.

>>149543075
>implying you were here for both
>>
File: 1435777350378.gif (1018KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
1435777350378.gif
1018KB, 500x728px
>>149543057
>tfw you'll never experience Gurren Lagann for the first time again
>>
Why does TTGL get so much hate? Is it because of most fans only liking TTGL when it comes to mecha?
>>
>>149543057
didnt trigger say they have something in store for people who liked TTGL and KLK in the future?
>>
>>149543057
>KLK
does it really matter if the hype was let down by the show?
>>
>>149543057
SNK was more hyped
>>
File: 1474071574318.png (400KB, 660x1531px) Image search: [Google]
1474071574318.png
400KB, 660x1531px
>>149543112
It's a very flawed show that gets treated like it's some golden cow. Particularly when it comes to Mecha it's very middle of the road in pretty much all regards and is highly unoriginal. To Mecha fans or general 70s-80s anime fans its like seeing a parody series get treated as some amazing original idea when it just references everything you like.

There is a reason that there exists that screencap of a bunch of Japanese autists calling TTGL fake hot-blood, because hot-blooded pilots are a trademark of Mecha and TTGL basically watered that and everything else down.

Doesn't help the fanbase is underage and pic related level of retarded.
>>
>>149543525
Nice cherry picking. Every single anime has an autistic fanbase. Also the
>hurr durr its a parody, so not good :)
attitude is cancerous and shows that you don't rate anime based on how much you enjoy them, but on reasoning that's approved by other virgins.
>>
>>149543057
GBF

>>149543112
Anything overhyped gets shit on more than it deserves.
>>
don't think KLK was on par with TTGL and CG for hype
>>
>>149543525
TTGL is straight up much better than Getter. I'm inclined to say it's the best, if not a top 5 super robot anime.
>>
>>149543057
This is clearly bait.

Iron Blooded Orphans has already surpassed both in hype.
>>
>>149543587
>Nice cherry picking. Every single anime has an autistic fanbase. Also the
>>hurr durr its a parody, so not good :)
>attitude is cancerous and shows that you don't rate anime based on how much you enjoy them, but on reasoning that's approved by other virgins
Except I just said that that didn't help, not that it was a major reason? Ultimately TTGL is a poorly to medically executed rehash of much better shows, with certain series it pretty much rips stuff off 1:1. Even if that wasn't the case the show is a very flawed albeit fun experience. I genuinely like the first half for the most part, just the vast majority of the second half is absolutely terrible.
>>
>>149543670
>TTGL is straight up much better than Getter.
On what grounds?
>I'm inclined to say it's the best, if not a top 5 super robot anime.
Based on what criteria? That level of praise honestly makes me question how many Mecha shows you have seen.
>>
>>149543673
>TTGL is a poorly to medically executed rehash of much better shows
Name one (1).
>>
>>149543057
Dropped it half a minute in. Unwatchable shit.
>>
>>149543673
I dunno anon, I actually prefer the second half of TTGL. And as for the references - I enjoyed seeing references to anime/manga I watched/read, the ones that were unknown to me made me check the source material they were referencing so all in all TTGL made me get into even more /m/ so I'm at the very least grateful for that
>>
>>149543722
Getter, GGG, Mazinger (it more or less references every version of Mazinger), Captain Harlock, directly referencing the death scene in Ashita no Joe but playing it super straight, etc. Getter is of course the biggest influence and openly admitted by the creators as their largest influence, I mean hell there's that interview where even the interviewer calls Imaishi out on it.

It's not like it being unoriginal makes it bad, but thinking that TTGL is some original perfectly executed show is just a blatant lie.
>>
>>149543804
>I dunno anon, I actually prefer the second half of TTGL.
To each their own. I have a lot of issues with the pacing and general writing of the second half but if you enjoy it more power to you.
>And as for the references - I enjoyed seeing references to anime/manga I watched/read, the ones that were unknown to me made me check the source material they were referencing so all in all TTGL made me get into even more /m/ so I'm at the very least grateful for that
I like to believe that was Imaishi and the crews intention as they very clearly loved the stuff they referenced, unfortunately you can't give earned criticism it seems and apparently pointing out that something isn't original means it's absolute shit. There's a mentality that's very prevalent now which is the series you like has to be considered a 10/10.
>>
>>149543828
And how is any of them better than TTGL as a whole? Getter hits the same autism vein as TTGL, but not the same hype. Mazinger looks like fucking trash and most of it was trash. Ashita no Joe has no real relation to TTGL besides the homage, son that doesn't count in the first place and Captain Harlock wasn't bad, but I wouldn't say it's better than TTGL. In the end it's clearly based on taste and your taste is shit.
>>
>>149543908
And that's exactly why I rarely talk about anime/manga I enjoy. I don't have 10/10 favorites, I have things I like, and whenever I see threads about my interests they always devolve into attacking the flaws just because the anime/manga isn't perfect - and when I ask for examples of "perfection" I never get an answer aside from the occasional Perfect Cell image
>>
>>149543057
how would TTGL have changed if Simon was the one to die in episode 8, not Kamina?
>>
>>149543920
Now I'm curious anon, you seem to be quite offended by my insinuations. Tell me which of each series you have experienced of the ones I described, as a couple of those have multiple entries in their franchises.

Even if you go off stuff like fight choreography you literally can't say TTGL is better since almost all of the attacks are just frame for frame recreations of other robot attacks.
>>
>>149543994
>Super robot anime where the protagonist somehow dies early on and the rest of the cast has to resort to cunning and trickery in order to survive against increasingly powerful foes.
I'd watch it, as long as it isn't like A/Z.
>>
>>149543057
(you)
>>
>>149544011
>Tell me which of each series you have experienced of the ones I described, as a couple of those have multiple entries in their franchises.

The whole original Getter Robo stuff. Didn't read/watch Apocrypha/Neo stuff. Most of Mazinger Z to Mazinkaiser. The SPCH anime.
None of it comes close to TTGL.
>>
>>149543075
KLK saved anime. That's the greatest achievement.
>>
>>149544354
KLK was mediocre, though

it's first half was great, but as soon as Raguyo was introduced the show went to hell (with the brief exception of the school trip)
>>
>>149544329
I find that surprising since literally every subject in the Getter Robo manga is just dumbed down in TTGL, and Armageddon is literally the same plot almost note for note but told better. I can't force you to like it but I do not comprehend what you think is executed better in TTGL than in Getter.
>>
>>149543057
The people here wouldn't allow it.
This isn't 2007 anymore.
Unless discussion is locked to one "general" thread, you have a bunch of fags crashing the thread and janitors pruning everything else.

"Internet: Serious Business." used to be a joke.
Now all these post-ironic fags on this site who think they are king shit for posing on THE 4CHAN just treat it like any forum out there, taking things too seriously.
You had your chance to experience 4chan as it was, but that time is now past.

Its just time to move on bro.
>>
>>149544401
>literally every subject in the Getter Robo manga is just dumbed down in TTGL, and Armageddon is literally the same plot almost note for note but told better.
Maybe because it isn't? The similarities are there, yes, but it isn't literally the same at all.
>>
>>149544401
>Armageddon is literally the same plot almost note for note but told better
But Armageddon's plot barely makes sense.
>>
TTGL was great, and I have to say I kinda pity people who just can't let themselves get onboard with it and enjoy the ride.
>>
File: 1463583651085.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463583651085.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>149543057
>Except KlK
>>
>>149544513
Literally may be a bit harsh, there's numbers striking similarities that are more simplistic versions of Getter's concepts but the only one that's a direct and obvious dumbing down is Getter rays and spiral energy. But those being core focuses of both series doesn't help.

>>149544536
Maybe if you have the attention span of a fruit fly or require everything to be spelled out immediately, yeah. It's got pacing issues, mainly in its first three episodes and some hiccups here and there, but the plot is entirely coherent.
>>
>>149543057
KlK was okay, hardly hype.
>>
>>149544132
I bet they would only get to lonegrome.
>>
>>149543120
there will always be something like TTGL, KLK and PSG in the future as along as the animation team is alive.
>>
>>149544622
Not that anon- but I resepct your opinions!
>>
>>149543057
KLK was shit comparing to TTGL
>>
Kamina's a goofball and an idiot but his outward bravado is a foil to Simon who lacks confidence.
>>
Steins gate 0 maybe somewhere 2018
Opm season 3 somewhere 2019
>>
File: 1475367469729.jpg (19KB, 191x247px) Image search: [Google]
1475367469729.jpg
19KB, 191x247px
>>149544799
Thank you anon, and I respect whatever yours may be.
>>
>>149544832
but Kamina is much smarter than he looks, he just pretends to be an idiot to give Simon courage
>>
Manga Getter > TTGL > animated Getter
I don't even like TTGL but the Getter OVAs were a mess.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.